Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• hsfordhsford Member Posts: 14
    On my 4th full Day of owning the 4x2 SE and loving it!..I agree with the long post above, the engine power makes it fun and exciting to drive when u want it to be, but tame too. The resonance issue has not really been noticed since my first post on the drive home from the dealership. and I agree, if it does come up, it was easily drowned out by turning up the radio. I currently have no regrets on making this purchase, in fact I am grateful that I did...Happy Driving, still waiting to see another Armada on the road!
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    Good post. You can post the names of dealerships but you can't name a specific salesperson. I don't know if folks posting here are trying not to jeopardize there own deals by not naming where they purchased (if you are, let us know so that we can move on) their Armada's but if you get a great deal, PLEASE let us know where you got it. Those of us in the market would like to get the best deal possible too.
  • anissan4meanissan4me Member Posts: 3
    What colors are you seeing paint issues?

I was just thinking about my one and only Dodge product that I purchased - and they had a problem with the color itself - on all models, and even extended to some Jeeps that were using the same color base - it reacted to the clear coat finish. It was eventually a situation where they had to redo the entire vehicle.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    It's acceptable to name the dealership - but, please, no names of salespeople, phone numbers, email addys, etc. Anything beyond the name of a dealership is regarded as a promotion.

Regarding email addresses, members have the choice of making their email addresses private or visible in their user profile. Click on the "My Profile" link at the top left portion of this page to modify your own user settings. You can access the visible portion of a another user's profile by simply clicking on their name in the byline of one of their posts.

tidester, host
  • rosie726rosie726 Member Posts: 40
    We ordered an Armada on friday and were told the order would go in on Monday. Called today (wed) to see if it was ordered and was told it can't be ordered until November 1st because they are only allowed to order twice a month and Nov 1st is their next day. Make any sense???
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    If it's any comfort I was told the same thing about ordering one. Don't know why in the advent of the computer age, it can't just be wired down to the factory and put into the system.. I guess there is a method to the madness. Were you quoted delivery time.. I was told 45-60 days from the date of order.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    the ordering cycle is only in the 1st week of the month. they will put your order in on november 1st, and you will have delivery sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of january.
  • corymscoryms Member Posts: 14
    I have to admit that I'm extremely frustrated with Nissan's buying process. There are plenty of cars on the lots yet none nearby in the color/configuration that I want. I had expected to buy this week yet no dealer is willing to put the effort into searching for my preferences.

After leaving the dealership yesterday after being told that the only thing that I could get was a demo vehicle with more than 1000 miles on it (in the wrong color). I called around myself and found the right Armada within 70 miles.

As a customer, I should not have to beg a dealership to do a proper job or do the job for them.

Additionally I was told from two separate dealerships that they cannot order from the factory. When I explained this to other dealers, they laughed and said that it was absurd.

Back to the vehicle, it's a great SUV and probably has the most features out of all other SUV's in its price range. Toyota, Jeep and possibly others are waiting until 2005 to come out with SUV's that could compare in regards to style and options.

With that said, I'm to the point where I would rather buy an '04 Sequoia easily then go through the hassle of buying from Nissan.
    I was told 6-8 weeks from date of order, unless something comes in as I ordered. Initially I was told it would be ordered this past monday with delivery by Thanksgiving. Oh well, guess it will be after Christmas!
     Edloeser asked for dealer info ,we ordered ours from Rt 23 automall in Butler NJ,List $44770, we paid $41400, or $3300 off of MSRP. They had 2 on the lot last week, could have got one of those ,list $42950 for $40100, but it didn't have what we wanted. We are a repeat customer of this dealership so I don't know how much that helped with our price. Hope this helps.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Can you order an Armada with just bose and dvd. You can build it on nissanusa.com but I have yet to find one configured that way and the dealer told me you would have to get leather.
    Bose & DVD pkg is the configuration that I was looking for, and only found One in the entire Los Angeles Area at the time that was configured that way. It did also include the Tow Package, but I feel confident you can order that way WITHOUT the Leather package. Sounds like the salesman was trying to jack up the price a bit, or is just misinformed....I ended up buying the base package with no options, and plan to add DVD later as an aftermarket item. Would be curious to hear anyones experience or suggestions in adding an aftermarket DVD or Stereo system......Hope this helps
    The le only comes with leather and the tow package as standard equiptment, the dvd is an option on both the LE and SE and I belive the bose is standard on the LE and option on the Se. On the SE you can't get the sunroof without also getting the leather seating. The LE has several extras that you can't get on the Se (not even as an option) like fog lights, puddle and footwell lights, drivers memory seat system with mirrors and pedals,chrome grill, power liftgate,power flip out rear windows. We initally wanted the SE because we did not want the tow package, however we did want the power liftgate and power rear quarter windows and drivers memory seat, SO we ordered the LE and we'll have a hitch we won't use!! :)

Just my opinion ,but I think it would be better to get the DVD system from the factory instead of having the wiring messed with later, unless you plan on getting the portable type that plugs in to your lighter. We priced the after market and they were roughly in the same price range (aftermarket was a little less expensive) but you have to have the inconveinence of having it installed and 1 year warranty oppossed to 3 years from factory.
  • accrdraceraccrdracer Member Posts: 2
    I went to a Nissan Dealer here in Oklahoma City today, and I went to test drive an Armada. It drives so beautifully, and it looks fantastic. Referring to Shairkhan's complaint of the wind resonance. I test drove an LE 4x2 with Dvd and Navi, on standard 18's. I did hear the resonance from the Drivers side front door, is that where you heard it? Also, when I finished test driving, Ironically, I got a call from a Nissan Dealer in Dallas I had E-mailed, he's willing to sell me an LE 4x4 at 1000 over invoice, do yall think this is a good deal?

G Money
  • shairkhanshairkhan Member Posts: 28
    The resonance / wind noise that I was refering to is similar to driving your vehicle at 70MPH with one of the rear windows open.

--
    S. A. Khan
    a base vehicle like that probably wont be on lots very often. my customer just ordered a base SE 4x2 with no options. we looked in the dealer locator and found a total of 1 in the entire country! my customer said he would rather wait 9-10 weeks than have 1400 miles on the thing...lol. yes, you can get a truck with that equipment, but expect to order it. the leather comes with the sunroof package, not the bose package. your salesperson is wrong. he is trying to direct you to in-stock units by fibbing about option packages...like you cant get the information...lol.
  • knockoffknockoff Member Posts: 72
    Who was the dealer in Dallas?
    Actually the dealer copied a page out of his book for me and as I look at it, it says:
    SE PACKAGES:
    BOSE PACKAGE (H01) $750
    210 Watts AM/FM/6CD
    Bose Audio System
    Steering Wheel Controls
    10 Speakers

LEATHER PACKAGE (X01) $2350
    All contents of Bose Package plus
    Leather Seats
    Front row side air bags
    Passenger 6 way power seat

SUNROOF PACKAGE (J01) $3350
    All contents of Leather Package plus
    Sunroof

JOURNEY PACKAGE (S01) $3950
    All contents of Sunroof package plus
    2nd row Captain's Chairs

Hope that helps. There is an SE Offroad model that is between the base SE & the LE.
    Just ordered an LE 4x4, with tech and DVD.. Smoke color and frost interior... Should be here sometime betweeen Christmas and New Years.

Just want to note that I dealt with the internet dept at the Manassas, VA dealership and everything was smooth as could be. Most importantly they did $1500 over invoice and all of the numbers matched the invoice #'s in Edmunds.. It was great no BS, pushy sales person, etc..

Had one dealer in Alexandria, VA, trying to convince me that invoice was actually several hundred $$ over what Edmunds has online.. And to get the $1500 over invoice I had to come in that night and sign the paperwork. What BS...
  • edloeseredloeser Member Posts: 15
    I have decided not to get factory or aftermarket installed DVD in my vehicles anymore. They cost a fortune, the kids complain that the screen is too small while they proceed to gum them up and break them, then you spend another huge chunk replacing them. Instead, I went to Circuit City and bought a portable DVD player that plugs into the 12V and two plug-in monitors with kits to hang them over the back of the front seats and headphones for around $500 for the package. That way each kid gets a (much larger) monitor in front of them, they are way cheaper to replace, and you can take them out of the car and into grandma's house or wherever to keep the kids quiet there, too.
  • armadaornotarmadaornot Member Posts: 2
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to say thanks for the info which helped me with my yesterday's purchase and pass along information that other people might find useful.

I have started looking for a new car 2 weeks ago when my Toyota Previa, my love of the last 12 years (I bought two of these cars in a row) started to make funny noises. These were, strangely enough, identified as "nothing" by my friendly Toyota service center.

My new car purchase day came more sudden then I anticipated when on my drive home from work on Tuesday I lost the drive shaft. By then, I was already reading this forum and getting ideas on prices/problems that people were experiencing. Here is the summary of my experience:

PRICE:

I live in PA. In Allentown, where I work the local dealer (Rothrock) told me that they refuse to charge over the MSRP for this vehicle even though other dealers do(ha-ha-ha). Another dealer closer to where I live agreed to $500 off the MSRP, but we did not agree on the trade-in value so we left (this was Monday night, before the trade-in, Toyota, lost it's shaft).

I talked to the dealer in Fairfax, VA who was OK with $1500 over invoice (thanks to the person who posted this info). We were planning to drive there this comming Saturday to pick up the car we wanted when I decided to give one last chance to Eisenhour Nissan, my local dealer in PA. When I took the trade-in out of the deal, they went for it. So I drove my new Armada home last night.

PAINT:

Mine is deepwater blue. It's really more green than blue. There are two spots on it that look like paint defect. The dealer is trying to take care of it, but short of repaining the entire car, I don't know if they can do anything about it. I did see it when I test drove the car and don't think that it will show at all when the car is not clean and sparkly. I don't really pay attention to stuff like that, but my husband does, so I am letting him handle it.

FLOOR MATS:

The dealer mentioned that he would give me free floor mats (which were not included) if he cannot take care of the paint. Just wanted to mention that there are Nissan dealers on-line who sell ARMADA floormats at half price.

AFTER-MARKET DVD:

Mine does not have one, just wanted to join in warning about intalling any electronics though the after-market dealer. Don't do it! My husband had a place like that to put in keyless entry into my Toyota. Three years later my headlights went out and my turn/lights switch burned down. The Toyota dealer said it was because the peole who installed the keyless entry ripped up all the wiring to get it connected and something shorted later on. In these type exotic cars, and I think Armada is one of those, with lots of electronics on board, they will not have connectors that will just plug in. They will damage existing connectors to have this stuff hooked in.

HOW DOES IT FEEL:

I really do love the car but feel like I am driving a tank. I just started to read the owner's manual and the features on it are really neat. They put a lot of thought into it. Being an electronics engineer, I am a little scared about all the electronics.

I am not sure that this is the best car for me, I just drive too much. It is really hard to park in the garage( I hope to get used to it).

I would have preferred to drive a smaller car to work every day, but at the same time do want the interior space, seating, and the 4WD for family trips/snow. I don't have a trailer to pull so it's somewhat of a waste. It would be ideal if my husband wanted to drive it and traded me his sedan. He's been begging to take it home from the dealer last night, but I did not let him, it was just too much fun!
    have you considered the fact that the other dealer could have had one equipped with several extras? like splash guards, floor mats, microfilter, etc...these things add up. as a matter of fact, if you equip one with EVERY accessory, the invoice price is about $300+/- more than with no accessories.
    thanks for your input. i do, however, have to take issue with one part. the wiring is set up to receive a DVD player and screen. a 7" pioneer screen will fit into the space setup for the factory system. if the dealer uses a shop that is approved by nissan to do work on the A/V systems, then it wont affect your warranty. also, these shops generally match the factory warranty on the installed components. i have had DVD systems installed in DOZENS of vehicles from lincolns to hondas to nissans, and none has affected the electronics of the vehicle used.
    You mention using a shop approved to do electronics & even putting sunroofs in. Anyone think dealers will be able to install the automated back lift gate after market?
    the liftgate's structure is different. the power one has a metal bar that is connected to the inside of the interior panels that cant be installed on an SE.
    This was not one off of the lot. This was one to be ordered that I gave the exact spec's that I wanted...Including accesories. They were just trying to pad the price a little, nothing else..
    Thanks for the feedback, not a bad idea at all on the portable DVD. I will investigate that possibility also.....Peace
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    See DRC600N.
    My only problem with these, is that they are a projectile in a crash or sudden stop.
    My only problem with these, is that they are a projectile in a crash or sudden stop.

If the portable DVD is mounted like this, it probably won't: image

Or the DVD player can be velcro-strapped on top of the center console with a non-slip material underneath. Local home improvement stores sell inexpensive velcro straps.
    Looks like a nice one, but I see it does not come with a Car Power hookup, therefore battery only...too bad..Does anyone know the make and model of the DVD player being installed by the Nissan Factory for the Armada? I assume if you get the correct model it would be pretty much plug and play with the wiring harness already in the vehicle???? Am I making a bad assumption?
    You can always get a power inverter for around $30. :)

If the Armada follows what Infiniti did with the FX, the Entertainment System would most likely be pre-wired. I'm not so sure about plug and play but a few FX owners were able to tap into the harness and connect their MP3 players or other sources.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • accrdraceraccrdracer Member Posts: 2
    Dealer in Dallas was Trophy Nissan, Since I live in Oklahoma and he asked me to buy it by Saturday (he said the GM was trying to boost truck sales), I told him I couldnt do it. So the deal didnt work out, I hope one of you can cash in on this fantastic deal!!! $1000 over invoice is one helluva deal!

"G Money"
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The way you linked to your new discussion, others going there wound up logged in as you. Not a good situation :-)

I removed your post about the new board - here's a safer link:

Nissan Pathfinder Armada Accessories

While we're housekeeping, we may as well rename this discussion to keep everything consistent.

Steve, Host
  • ufmba03ufmba03 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an Armada on 10/06...SE 4x2...

I too hear the "resonance". It seems to occur between 1600 and 1900 RPM, regardless of speed. It also seems to be a bit more pronounced while the engine is still getting up to running temp.

I believe (I'm no mechanic) that is has to do with the exhaust system. I'm of the opinion that the exhaust system, in order to produce class leading power numbers, has been tuned so that the result is this low resonance heard during the above RPM's...just my .02

While not a huge problem, if they ever adjust the exhaust systems in the future (provided that's the issue) I will have mine changed...
    Sorry about the bad link, I appreciate you correcting that for me.
  • dwgutwirdwgutwir Member Posts: 132
    I stopped by my local Nissan dealer to have a look-see as we're in the market for a larger SUV (towing, mini-van replacement).

The one they had was an LE 4x4 with the upgrade package and the gray interior.

I must admit the gray interior is a bit bland - not much visual interest at all. Hopefully the other interior colors are a bit better. I also agree that the interior feels 'cheap' especially in how the bins open, the movement of the climate controls. I think some would call them 'buttery' in their operation and might like them.

I also felt the Strap to flip up the rear seat cushion was something that could break pretty easily.

I was impressed with the relative ease of access to the third seat, but less so with the headroom back there (I'm 5'9").

I was disappointed that the center seat in the second row lacks the LATCH tethers for car seats. If you have two car seats with the second row bench their is now way for a person to enter the third row without removing a car seat. The two place second row would rectify that situation, but only if the center console is removable.

I also have to say, the non-split third row is the biggest disappointment - there's very little cargo room, and not being able to carry a combo of cargo and people is a drawback.

The Expedition corrects both of these last items, but the 'potential' for reliability issues makes it a question mark too.

Overall, it seems a very nice SUV. I'm just not sure I could look past the issues with the LATCH points and the third row.

Perhaps the QX-56 will solve that issue (granted for a lot more money).
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 50
    To those that have seen the paint flaws on the Armada, what color(s) were you seeing them on? You may have already said, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. I'm personally choosing either the blue or the smoke color. Thanks.
    1st, there IS a latch anchor for the center 2nd row seat. its behind the seat at the base.

2nd, the center console when equipped with captains chairs IS fully removable, and takes all of about 10 seconds to do so.
    Bowke28

I think they were referring to the lower anchor points, of which I'm pretty sure there are none in the middle row-middle seat. The floor anchor is just for the top strap.. I noticed the lack of these as well as I have 2 Britax car seats I need to put in the back. The one plus I noticed, if you put one seat on each side, there is so much leg room in the Armada that you can still have a passenger get by the carseat and sit between the seats.
    gotcha...no, the latch anchors are not ON the middle portion. you are supposed to use the inside ones from the outer seats, just like in a sedan. sedan back seats only have 4 lower anchors too. you can latch more than one tether to each anchor.
  • dwgutwirdwgutwir Member Posts: 132
    I didn't realize you could use the outer ones for the middle seat. Never occurred to me. Just goes to show you learn something new everyday.

Now, if we could do something about that third row......hello, Mr. Lumberjack, can I borrow your chainsaw? :-)
    Unless this has changed I heard that is only OK if you have only 1 seat.. Check and make sure, but I have been told by the fire department (that's who does our installs around here) that there can only be one tether per anchor..You can't have the center and outbound seat share an anchor..Not sure if I can post this or not, but here is a safety website that says it is a no-no as well...

http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

If this shouldn't be posted.. Just let me know and I will remove, but it is s non-profit co. so it is not selling anything.
    If the distance between anchors is too wide for the car seat manufacturer's specification, the Outer LATCH anchors cannot be used by a center-placed car seat. See the car seat manufacturer's requirement regarding this. From that link provided by rshe:

5Q. Why aren't LATCH lower anchors provided for the rear center seat?

A. Two pairs of LATCH lower anchors are required in the back seat of vehicles manufactured after September 1, 2002, and those anchors are required to be a specified distance apart for safety protection in a crash. Because of this required spacing between the lower anchorages, most vehicles do not have a rear seat that is wide enough to accommodate anchorages in the center seating position and in an adjacent outboard position. While lower anchorages are typically installed at outboard seating positions, most vehicles that have a center rear seating position without lower anchors also provide a top tether for additional safety benefit.

6Q. Can I use the two inboard lower anchors (of the outboard LATCH seating positions) to install my child seat in the rear center seating position?

A. No, unless both the child restraint manufacturer's instructions and the vehicle owner's manual specifically state that this is acceptable. A child restraint can be installed using the rear-center seat belt and, if forward-facing, the top tether anchor.

Vehicle manufacturers are only required to have 2 pairs of LATCH anchors. So, guess what, they only comply, not go above and beyond. I think that a vehicle with the width of an Armada should be able to accomodate a pair or anchor points for a middle seat. But, it's not mandated so why bother?
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I see you have made your way over welcome. Not considering trading that FX are you??
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It looks y'all have about covered it, but there may be some more links of interest in the Child Seats That Fit discussion.

Steve, Host
    Just curious, with all of the new Armada owners on this group-how come no one has done a consumer rating? All that is on there is the editors rating. I'll be sure to do one, once I actually get mine..

PS-Pfarmada, I'd like to see yours it should be interesting.
  • hoppes11hoppes11 Member Posts: 9
    I live in the Denver area and today I was noticing that most of the dealers within a 100 mile radius of me each have 4 or 5 Armadas in their inventory according to the Nissan dealer search, yesterday it was 2 or 3. When I got home from work today I had a call from the dealer I took a test drive with last Saturday telling me that in a meeting they had this morning, they were going to offer $1500.00 off any Armada on the lot to people who had come in and test driven an Armada.
    I never talked price with the sales person, but after seeing that this dealer still has not sold a single one of the original Armada's they had received and that most of the Denver area Nissan dealers have 4 or 5 sitting on their lot not moving, they are trying to get some Armada's sold. I still think $1500.00 off of MSRP is too much on this new of a vehicle, so I am thinking of calling her tomorrow and offering $500.00 over invoice and seeing what kind of response I get. If they accept it I will make the purchase.

The reality is they are willing to deal on the Armada, at least in the Denver area, and I didn't even have to do the work.
  • wbanksjrwbanksjr Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking for an Armada LE 4x2 with second row bench for 2 weeks. My local dealer here in Atlanta has found one in another state but won't make a deal with me unless I pay $2500 over invoice.... Any ideas where I can find an LE 4x2 with 2nd Row Bench?
  • jschoberjschober Member Posts: 18
    Anybody seen, felt, touched the "steel/titanium" interior? What's it like? Also, does anyone know when the bench seat will be available in the LE? I haven't been able to locate one in the US. Thanks. Justin