Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Magnum

Comments

• donnak1donnak1 Member Posts: 39
    Talked to South Holland service manager regarding the right "fix". Unfortunately for us, he said the fix is the cradle adj. Guess what??? It's NOT the fix. Had mine done last fall and it still pulls. DC is the one pulling all of us.

Donna
    Sandi, the mechanic fixed a 300 without even knowing the Mags do this. He works at a Chrysler dealer and they don't service Mags. Mine is going to him this week for the cure (I pray it works). This guy doesn't realize what we're going through with the pull. He will if I can help it. He's sitting on a gold mine if he has the definite cure. Will let everyone know the results as soon as I get them.
    Donna
  • dll2k4dll2k4 Member Posts: 3
    Firm pricing should be available soon. I am expecting a single-digit percent increase over '05.

To the folks with the right pull, there has been a lot of discussion on your issue in other forums, e.g. dodgemagnum.net and dodgeforum.com.

dll2k4 ['06 RT ordered 2/8/05]
  • founderfounder Member Posts: 48
    My God i want to get this car. How bad does it pull to the right???? I asked a freind of mine who lives in Detroit, and he has one, and he said that his doesn't do that. he's also part of a magnum club(I know it sounds Silly) with about 6 or 7 other guys, and he's going to ask them if they have of have had that problem. One more thing to note is that my freind said that he changed the stock rims and tires and put 22 inch rims on his Magnum. He had the dealer install them before he even drove the car off the lot. Don't know if the tires are the problem, but it may be something to think about.
  • founderfounder Member Posts: 48
    How are the 06's out so early?
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    06 production became necessary because of the Charger launch... it was easier to make all the LX cars 06s.

kcram
    Host - Wagons
  • seadoosandiseadoosandi Member Posts: 19
    Well the only thing I will be towing is a jetski so the tow package was a joke. I paid the package price of $350 then it cost me additional $265 to get receiver/hitch and lighting hookups installed.

SeadooSandi
    JUST TOOK MY MAG IN FOR THE 4th TIME FOR THE RIGHT PULL. I FIGURED I MAY AS WELL GO FOR THE LEMON LAW AND BE DONE WITH IT. ANYWAY, GUESS WHAT?THERE IS A NEW SERVICE BULLETIN THAT JUST CAME OUT ON THE 12TH OF MARCH FOR THE RIGHT PULL. IT HAS ALL NEW SPECS AND CRADLE ADJ. TO HOPEFULLY FIX THIS PAIN IN THE BUTT. THE NEW SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER IS: 02-002-05 AND IT SUPERCEDES SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER 02-003-04. MINE IS IN THE SHOP AS I WRITE AND HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE CURE WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR FROM THE DAY ONE. I WILL DEFINITELY LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AS SOON AS I PICK IT UP.
    Donna
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Donna, please turn off your caps lock. ALL CAPS is more difficult to read and is generally considered to be yelling online. Thanks!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Donna probably IS yelling with hopeful joy that her right pull problem might finally get resolved! There are several people in the forum that are waiting with baited breath to see if this new fix works.

But, you are correct, all caps is harder to read. :-)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    That very well could be the case...LOL

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

The MEMBER to MEMBER Chat is on tonight. Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
    Sorry everyone, but I was yelling with hope!!!They needed to keep the car overnight to finish up tweaking it and changing the oil, so tomorrow is the big day. I told them if they fixed it, I would actually dance in the service department. They weren't impressed with my offer!LOL
    I will let everyone know what the outcome is. If it still drifts, I am going for the Lemon Law and see what happens. I can still take it to my friend at the Chrysler dealer next week if all fails at Dodge tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Donna
    I didn't get any tow package with mine. I went to my RV dealer and had him put on a new hitch for me. I tow a 12 foot Jayco popup camper with AC that weighs about 1800 and haven't had a problem at all. You can hardly tell it's back there. The camper does have surge brakes though. I wouldn't bother with the tow package as we can only tow 2000 lbs. anyway.
    Donna
  • newdodgemannewdodgeman Member Posts: 13
    I have an order number placed 3 weeks ago. Is there a site to go to that can offer info. regarding build date, or is this strickly the territory of the dealer? Thanks all.

newdodgeman
    Well, guess what? You got it. My car still goes to the right. I still have to cock the steering wheel to the left just to keep it from going in a ditch. I picked the car up, drove it a mile and back to the dealer. I walked in and said it still pulls. Service said "There's nothing else we can do". I immediately went up front and the GM was there. He said "Get her papers together. I'm meeting with Chrysler tomorrow and we'll do a buy back" So I guess that's all they have to say about it. Now what? They say it won't cost me a dime but I find that hard to believe. What do I do pick a 2005 out of the lot? I;ve driven almost all of them and they all pull to the right. How about a 2006?
    Donna
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    My Magnum RT was built in Oct. 2004 and doesn't have the right pull. And it was built on a Monday. I'm happy with the car.
  • vroooooooomvroooooooom Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2005 magnum rt with 1100 miles. it developed a front end vibration( feels like i am driving on rumble strip). the dealer diagnosed the problem as "power steering thing "which was "fixed". the vibration continued and there were no error codes on obd.now they call it torque convertor lock up something."the engine is not revved high enough".incidentally the tech was in the car when i pointed out the rumble and he agreed.has anyone had such a problem? appreciate any thoughts
  • judescarjudescar Member Posts: 14
    I also have a 2005 Magnum that has the same vibration and all my dealer did was put new tires. didn't fix it, but of course they can't duplicate it when I take it to the service tech. It also has a grinding noise in the same tire area when you brake at 14 or less miles per hour, which started after the 2nd trip to service. all this along with the "famous" right pull issue...will see the Zone Manager Monday, wish me luck.
  • I just rented a new Magnum SXT 3.5 V6 from Dollar (for $12.99 a day, if u can imagine)... drove it 3200 miles in 10 days... was very impressed with the car. Figured I'd add my opinion to this site, and noticed the right pull thread. WOW, this car had the right pull as well. Not real bad, but just enough for both of us adult drivers to notice and be annoyed.
  • rdonleyrdonley Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Dodge Durango and I'm ready to trade for the magnum...My dealer also is telling me if I order it will probably have to be an 06' model. Any news on pricing would also be greatly appreciative when it comes to negotiating.
  • dodgemagnummandodgemagnumman Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let all of you know that I just received my magnum dash kit from LGT Automotive and it's simply beautiful. I got the brushed aluminum version and hopefully i'll get around to posting up some pics in the next couple of days. Their site is www.lgtautomotive.com for whoever wants to know.

take care,
    Jack
  • patsalopatsalo Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just looked at and drove the SXT. Dealer found one for me with color and options I want. I have to get back to him. After reading all this stuff about the right pull problem I don't know whether or not to proceed. I love the car and want it bad, since someone totaled my Buick Roadmaster wagon a few years ago. It is the car have been waiting for. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am not in a huge hurry but would like to do something in the next few months.
    patsalo
  • psydocpsydoc Member Posts: 4
    This pulling to the right issue gives me doubts about ordering a magnum. Is this an issue of the wheel tugging to the right or one where the car slowly drifts to the right when you let go of the wheel? My 92 camaro (rest in pieces) always drifted in the latter manner because, as the shop guys said, there is zero caster setting in the front end and the drift occurs because the roads are crowned. I put a little clinometer on my dash and noticed that the pull was directly related to the angle of the roadway.
  • ken5ken5 Member Posts: 11
    I agree. The car will drift right or left depending on the crown of the road. As far as I'm concerned the car tracks and drives beautifully so go buy one:-)
  • lexusrockslexusrocks Member Posts: 56
    Here's an idea for a comparison test with midsize wagons.

Ford Freestyle/Ford Taurus
    Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
    Dodge Magnum
    Mazda 6
    Subaru Outback/Legacy
    Volkswagen Passat

And a comparison test between compact luxury wagons

Mercedes C Class
    Jaguar X Type
    BMW 3 Series (Is that still in produciton?)
    Audi A4 Avant
    Lexus IS 300 Sportcross
    Volvo V50

And finally, midsize luxury wagons

Mercedes E Class
    BMW 5 Series
    Volvo V70
    Audi A6 (Is the wagon out yet)

I was also considering a large sedan comparison test.

Toyota Avalon
    Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego
    Chrysler 300C
    Buick LeSabre/Buick Park Avenue
    Kia Amanti
    Hyundai XG350
    Cadillac Deville?
    Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis
    Lincoln Town Car

And then a midsize sport sedan comparison test

Nissan Maxima
    Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    Acura TL
    Mazdaspeed 6
    Saab 9-5
    Subaru Legacy
    Buick Lacrosse
    Volvo S60

let me know what you think
    Hi, did the one you test drove pull/drift to the right? If not, go for it. If it did, wait for the '06 to come out in April/May and drive one then.
    I have an 05 SXT, and it has been pulling/drifting since the day I bought it in Sept. It has been in service 4 times and no fix. They keep saying it's up to specs, but it still does it. I'm not the only one with the problem. In fact, there are 12 offered at Car Max that have low miles. Wonder why? Are they buy backs bought at auction? Don't know for sure. Anyway, today mine is at a Chrysler dealer having an excellent alignment guy look at it. He did the fix on a 300 that was going for a buy back. It goes straight now. I'm waiting with my fingers crossed tightly for him to fix my car. If he can't then I have an appointment with my GM next week to start the buy back program. I love this car and really don't want to get rid of it, but this righty issue is very annoying and dissappointing as well. A $31,000 car should not do this nor have I ever had a car do this unless I had a very low right front tire.
    Hope this will help,
    Donna
  • jklossjkloss Member Posts: 39
    thought you were going to have a meeting to have Chrysler but the car.
    In regards to your post, I met yesterday with my GM and he told me that whenever I'm ready, he will call Chrysler and get them down here to do the buy back. I told him I was busy until the 2nd week of April--to answer your question. When I got home my friend who is a Chrysler mechanic, called and said he was picking up my car to have his other mechanic fix my pull as he had fixed the 300 due for the buy back. I got my car back tonight, and it's been 6 months to the day that I bought it and it's been pulling to the right--It's Finally Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't pull or drift anymore!!!! I can drive down the road no hands and it stays straight!!!! It's a dream come true and I love my Magnum!!
    Donna
    This was posted back in November 2004. I wish I had seen it then. It is the fix for the right pull issues. I had it done by a Chrysler mechanic (before I saw this post) and believe me, it works!
    Here is where to find the answer to our prayers:
    Dodgetalk.com Go to Magnum-performance talk-page 2, posts 6 & 7. Take the numbers to Dodge and have them fix the pull once and for all.
    I am so happy now that this issue has been solved. It's too bad that we had to do all of the work to find the fix. Why doesn't Dodge know how to fix these cars?
    Donna
  • smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    That's great news and thanks to you for helping all those with the pull problem. Now enjoy your Magnum to its fullest!
    Sorry for the page info. The correct one is:

Dodgetalk.com
    Magnum-Performance Talk
    re: R/T pulling to the right
    Post#6 & 7
    Posted by slammed1

Happy Magnum owner now--Donna
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    lexusrocks, you forgot the best one among all ! It's the Chrysler Pacifica. I own a 2005 FWD Touring, and it's the best car I ever owned. Perhaps it's not Lexus silent, but it's a lot more stable (wider and lower), and the price is a lot lower. You don't feel like floating (Lexus style). You feel really connected with the road. Anybody should test drive one.

The biggest problem I had is that my wife decided the Pacifica was for her ! I get to drive it weekends only. Some guys got two of them !
    Pacificas, not wives ...
  • seadoosandiseadoosandi Member Posts: 19
    Jack,

I would like to see how your brushed aluminum dash turned out. I'm not too keen on the 'woodsey' look. Will you be posting pics soon?

Thanks,
    SeadooSandi
  • rmccoyrmccoy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the pricing will be coming out for the 2006 Magnum?
    Thanks
  • dshueydshuey Member Posts: 10
    I have an RT AWD which now has a rumble when I make slow right or left turn (like into a parking space). It seems more pronounced when the car is cold. It took to the dealer last week and got "that model does that" answer. They are trying to convince me that all 4WD AWD cars do this. I have a AWD Subaru that has never had this problem. Any comments would be helpful.
  • tlktlk Member Posts: 21
    The service guy is BS-ing you. See posts 985, 1048 and 1051. In short, I had the same problem. They replaced the front differential and it fixed the problem. The whine I indicated in post 1051 was due to tires.

Your growl/rumble will get worse and will start to be very noticeable. Good luck.
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    The 2006 Magnum SXT I ordered has a VIN number and is in D status. The invoice price only increased $44 from the 2005 to the 2006 prices. Production of the 2006 models (Magnum, Charger, and 300) began earlier this week when production resumed after the Easter break. Here is what I ordered (invoice prices):

Magnum - $20,668
    26G (3.5 V6, 4-speed automatc, 160 Amp. Alt., cargo net, cargo cover, stability control, HD engine cooling, sunscreen galss, SXT appearance group, 8-way power driver's seat, illuminated visor vanity mirrors, 17" machined aluminum wheels) - $2,705
    EGG 3.5 V6 - $920
    XAP power pedals - $115
    RSP U-Conect Bluetooth and dimming rearview mirror - $331
    RSA Sirius satellite radio - $179
    RC6 speakers - $547
    RAK CD-6 - $368
    ADB protection group - $543
    YGF eight gallons of gas - $15
    YDH CustomerOne mailing - $25
    T50 Portland DAA (dealer advertising) - $275
    A50 Portand PPA (dealer advertising) - $160
    Destination - $675

Invoice $27,526 / MSRP $29,100

I'm paying Dave Smith Motors $27,226 plus tax and license. Yes, Dave Smith is some distance from southern CA, but I have business to take care in Idaho, we will be sure to take some time off to enjoy Coeur d'Alene after we pick up the car, and we will visit relatives on the way back, so we have multiple reasons in addition to the excellent price to buy from them. I learned of Dave Smith Motors from someone on this forum, so thank you very much!
  • ken5ken5 Member Posts: 11
    Fsmmsci-I'll take credit for telling you about Dave Smith but if it wasn't my post, you've picked a great dealer anyway. It's a pretty drive and plenty of sight seeing.

They wouldn't move on warranty or accessories so I bought those elsewhere. However very professional outfit. Once you get there you get a kick of what you'll see in this small town of about 2300. Every vacant lot in the town has his cars parked on them!
  • vroooooooomvroooooooom Member Posts: 2
    hi judescar
    what is the follow up? did the zone manager offer a solution?
    thanks
    Hey vrooooom. see messages 985,1048 and 105. Looks like the front differential can't handle the horsepower. I'm having the same issue and the dealer tried to tell me that "those models do that". Now I'm going back to the dealer armed with copies of this chat room. I bought this car to pull a trailer and this doesn't sound encouraging.
    judescar...see message 1117
  • newdodgemannewdodgeman Member Posts: 13
    I ordered a 2006 RT on 2/27/05. The dealer says it is in a "Schedule Status", but not with a specific build date. So as ot not bother me dealer on a daily basis, is there a way to check an order number to see if there is any updated scheduling info.? Thanks.

newdodgeman
  • ike5ike5 Member Posts: 1
    You likely have water in your transfer case. I have experienced a vehicle with similar symptoms and that was the issue with it.
  • dll2k4dll2k4 Member Posts: 3
    Sure, Just call DC at 1-800-992-1997 with your VON or VIN. Select the customer - other options.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    What are other Magnum RT owners running in their tires? The door label says 30 PSI but the tire sidewall says the max is much higher than that. Rides softer at 30 that with higher pressures. I ususally run at least 35 PSI in my other cars. I will appreciate everyone's comments.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    What any given tires' max pressure is has nothing to do with what you should run on a day to day basis. My understanding is that the "Max Pressure" is simply half of the value of where the tire will either explode or blow itself off of the rim. Your goal for tire pressure should be to extend the life of the tires as long as possible (unless you are racing the car when an entirely different set of variables control tire pressure). Too much pressure and you wear out the center section of the tread too quickly, too little pressure and you wear out the shoulders.

In the end, you should probably start with the tire pressure recommended by the vehicle manufacturer (unless you are driving a Ford Exploder with Firestone tires that is).

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • altaholiconealtaholicone Member Posts: 25
    I have a Magnum RT hemi, 1,896 miles. Start cold, run for 45 seconds, turn off, re start in 30 minutes, oil smoke out exhaust, quite a bit actually. No smoking under the condition of initial cold start, or warm or hot starts after sitting. Has anyone had this problem and or a explanation?
  • jaki30jaki30 Member Posts: 73
    Local Dodge dealer is offering me a Magnum SXT w/Preferred Pkg, Comfort Seating,3.5 HO, Sunroof, 6 disc player. Car is a demo w/ 5,710 miles on it.
    MSRP 28,630. Manufactured May 2004.
    What is a good price for the car? They have offered 11k for my 00 Honda and the
    1K rebate. He wants 14,243 and my car plus tax,tags,document fee. Is this
    reasonable or should I locate a brand new one?
    Please buy a new one. If the demo has that many miles on it, who knows how it has been driven and by whom. Get the 06 and maybe all of the bugs will have been worked out ie right pull, etc. :lemon:
  • jaki30jaki30 Member Posts: 73
    I know what you are saying, but, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
    Bought the car for $26,243, minus $2k in rebates, plus they gave me
    $11.7k for my 00 Accord coupe. The car cost me 12.5k plus tax and license.
    I figure a brand new one would have cost me around 15k plus my car.
    So far, so good.