Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• stretch615stretch615 Member Posts: 1
    I have 2005 XE 4x2.(very stock) : I have driven 4600 miles: 16 MPG around town, 20-21 MPG at 75mph, 18-20 mpg pulling 2200 lb 16 ft Scamp trailer at 65 mph, 15mpg pulling 4000 lb boat over mountain passes(8500 ft) averaging 65 mph. All driving at 4500 ft or above. I drive like an old lady and only accasionally jump on it.
  • titan4rvtitan4rv Member Posts: 5
    I have an ARE "Z" cap (topper) on my Titan CC.

Recently worked on Rally USA as timing control and had to drive in and out from Grand Canyon West, over 50 miles of baaad road. Hanging dust from vehicles so thick that another vehicle 5 minutes later still had limited visibilty.

When I opened the lift gate later I found everything covered in a layer of dust. :mad: (Grand Canyon must be at least 2" deeper now!) Most seems to have entered from the sides and bottom of the tailgate.

:confuse: Anybody got a good solution for sealing the tailgate and bed drains for dusty road driving?
  • qwert13qwert13 Member Posts: 24
    Simply out of curiosity, has anyone else received a notice from Nissan that starts out with this paragraph:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We know that towing a trailer may have been an important consideration in your vehicle's purchase. In new Titan, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, and Xterra vehicles, Nissan recently introduced enhanced electric circuitry which may further protect your vehicle from damage or fire caused by a short circuit wiring or mis-installation of trailer lighting or electrical accessories. This is to advise you that Nissan is making this production enhancement available to you free of charge so that you will have the same protection should you ever tow a trailer with a defective electrical system.
  • highrollerhighroller Member Posts: 351
    havent got mine... i have a nissan titan se without the tow package. Can i still get this?
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    Its a recall, no big deal, just go to the dealer and mention it. They will replace the part of the wiring that needs it and that's it. Mine was done before I even knew there was a recall on it, I had taken the truck in for something else and the dealer said there was a recall, they went ahead and fixed it. Just got done towing a Uhaul trailer 5000 miles with no trouble.
  • geo9geo9 Member Posts: 735
    Glad you made it safely. Fulton NY is hoping you
    have a great new year and everything works out for ya!
    Glad you made it safely. Fulton NY is hoping you
    have a great new year and everything works out for ya!

It was a long hard trip, the Titan was awesome. I think 2006 is going to be a great year!
  • adee13adee13 Member Posts: 1
    We just test drove their "NO Fear" model this weekend and it is sweet. Redlands Metro Nissan, in CA has two in their inventory. Hope this helps your search.

Good luck,
    Adrienne
  • redneckpaparedneckpapa Member Posts: 5
    I have a 04 LE 4x4 heavy tow,off road pkg. I got 32k on first set of 285-70-17 B F G`s with lots of hard, fast, towing. The problem is (GOODYEAR), there truck tires suck!Had a 98 GM 4x4 with those tires on it and it was a joke.Change to BFG`s or Michelin and your problem is solved!
  • redneckpaparedneckpapa Member Posts: 5
    What is the " NO FEAR" model about?
    I have about 7000 miles on my 2005 CC LE 4x4 w/ BTP.

About 1000 miles back, I started to experience a rapid throttle pulsing when going downhill with cruise set at 60 to 70 mph. This only occurs when solo, not with TT in tow. It only seems to happen after at least 1/2 to 1 hour driving.

This is very rapid pulsing, on-off-on-off-on-off.... No noticable movement of the tach needle. Turn off CC and it stops. Turn CC back on and it starts again. So definitely linked to CC.

Booked today for second service at a stealership next week, and would like some ammo to fight the usual sluff-offs.

Anybody else had this problem and, if so, what was the cure?

Thanx
    I cannot find an e-mail address for tech info, or any info for that matter, on the Nissan USA site. Nissan Canada does have an e-mail address on their site.

Does anyone have an address for Tech Info at Nissan USA?
  • reddawg05reddawg05 Member Posts: 1
    I have an '05 Nissan Titan off road and was wondering if there was a steel front bumper replacement such as ranch hand or the body armor one that was made for or fit my Titan...anyone no of any?
    -Thanks
  • blink3blink3 Member Posts: 74
    Anyone taken a decent trip in their Titan and can give good HWY MPG ? Do you have Tow Pkg or Standard?

Thanks!
    The best hwy mpg i've gotten is around 16.5 mpg on a 200 mile trip without a tow package using regular 87 octane gas of course.
  • diezeldiezel Member Posts: 1
    I have a completely loaded 04 (tow, 4x4, locking dif, all the goodies) and I get killer highway numbers. If I set the cruise, I've been getting 20 to 25. I use premium penzoil 10-30. maybe it helps. I love my truck like the day I bought (btw) ya ya had the break thing but they fixed it and its been fine for 8k. Funny thing is I have 20k on it now and it looks like I won't need breaks for 60k. so, in the long run, I think I saved $$.-D
    If I set the cruise, I've been getting 20 to 25. I use premium penzoil 10-30. maybe it helps.

I find those numbers hard to believe. I use Amsoil 0W-30 synthetic in my Titan (have since 10k miles) and now have just shy of 50k on the truck. The absolute BEST mileage I EVER got was 19.6 mpg with the cruise set. Normal hwy mileage with the cruise set hangs in the 16 mpg range. I've owned the truck for 17 months and fuel economy is NOT its best quality. Average fuel economy city and hwy is between 13-14 mpg. I have an 04 LE 4x4 with big tow, no locker, but I have VDC. Even light on the pedal doesn't make it any easier on fuel.
  • boiseboise Member Posts: 1
    I have an o4 titan with big tow and off rd pkg and I've done a full tank 70-85 mph highway trip a few times, that takes almost exactly a full tank (just over 300 miles)and the best i've done was about 15 mpg average. that is a vast improvement from the break in period when I got 10 mpg (highway) for the first 5000 miles. I've never been very happy with my titan. now, around town I'll be lucky to get 11 mpg.
    Thank you for the input!!!!!
  • kenneth443kenneth443 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 04 SE 2WD. I take many trips and have recorded as high as 22MPG and low as 18 MPG. The 18MPG was really hauling butt(avg.90+) Ilove the truck!
  • junktitanjunktitan Member Posts: 2
    Yea right, I too had and say had an 04 Titan LE 4X4 with the off road, big tow, etc, my brother had an 05 set up the same way and we both never and I say never got over 11 MPG empty driving 60 MPH, if you go to the Nissan forums you will see that the majority of the owners are very dissatisfied with the mileage, also took the rear-end out @ 5000 miles, went back to a real truck, 2500 HD Chevy!!!!

http://www.nissantitan.info/forum_topics.asp?FID=1
  • junktitanjunktitan Member Posts: 2
    has to do if you should get a short circuit in the trailers electrical system,they will install a fuseable harness which will protect the trucks circuits, more or less isolates the truck from the trailer, if this should happen you will still have lights on the vehicle but the trailer lights won't work, GM, Ford, & Dodge have been doing this for a number of years already, another screup from Nissan, here's the link for the recall

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-086.htm
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    Do you really expect anybody to believe this? You could not get 18 MPG at 90 MPH even out of a compact Nissan pickup, let alone Titan.
    that's quite a bold statement. If you are getting 18 mpg thats great, but i kind of find that hard to believe.
  • stlthf1stlthf1 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have an 06'? I'm looking at it and almost ready to buy but they 05's and 04's seem to have alot of problems.

Thanks,
    jon
    Sounds like majority is 18ish hwy. 22-24??? maybe in a tail wind with a sail?? My envoy is rated at 21 and I have done 23 a couple times and 24 once. Avg though I get 21-22.
    Thanks again for the input!
  • hippy1hippy1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking into the 06 king cab...the nearest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away on the interstate. how has the warranty worked for you if you don't take it back to a dealer. Not worried about my grease monkey, just with Nissan. Long drive if things go south in the wrong way.
    I have the 06 crew cab 4x2.... so far no probles with the brakes or any other thing i can think of... well, except for the tires (poor traction control during wet weather driving for sure!) but seems like most buyers experience this and with the poor treads on it also. i now have exactly 9064 miles on it. Running pretty good.
  • trekker2trekker2 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same truck. Any problems with the plastic faceplate over the gauges rattling all the time? If so, please let me know if you have a solution.
    I have the same problem also, in my opinion it's really not rattling, more like squeaking but the only solution i can come up with is to tape the plastic faceplate that is covering the gauges to the dashboard. I noticed the squeaks/rattling stops whenever i was driving one time and pressed my finger on the plastic faceplate. It seems like those plastic things are not sealed tightly to the dashboard. and therefore while driving, the bumpy conditions on the road shakes or rattles the plastic and causes these squeaking noises to appear.
  • nbarnbar Member Posts: 1
    Love my 2006 LE Titan Crew Cab BUT!!! On a road trip all highway mileage with Plus grade gas driving 70 mph, and I have a cover on the bed should help, I only got 15 MPG. I know this is a large truck but 15 is a long way from the stated 19 on the highway. This SUCKS big time. The only complaint I have but this is major. :cry:
    I feel your pain too. But... i do have a quick question if you dont mind answering .. why do you use plus when manual calls for regular? Im just curious :)
    Is this a 4WD truck? I have an '06 Silverado Z71 crew cab and all I get is about 15 MPG in combined driving. I am getting a bed cover shortly, so I will have a chance to see what it does to mileage. Cruising at 70 MPH on interstate I get better than 15 MPG though, and I drive about 80 MPH. How much better I do not know, as I have not taken the truck on a long trip yet.

As far as using mid grade or premium gas in a vehicle that calls for regular, you can benefit if the engine has a knock sensor and electronic ignition timing. With higher octane gas, the engine computer can advance the ignition timing more before the knock sensor registers pinging, and more timing advance means better performance and fuel economy. Different vehicles respond differently to higher octane fuel.
    If someone can tell me how can i know if my vehicle (which is an 06 titan SE crewcab) has a knock sensor and an electronic ignition timing, i'd really appreciate it! :)
  • dirkworkdirkwork Member Posts: 210
    I'm not an owner but I can nearly assure you it does! The titan uses a modern powerplant that has all the usual controls like this. Some domestics used to have "dumb" engines years ago, but now marketplace is too competitive, emissions, etc. You don't have a distributor either, these motors use separate coils for each plug, so you can't time it like a 60's engine with a timing light and a screwdriver! :~)
    Yes, you have both the knock sensor and electronic distributorless ignition system. Try different octanes and see if the mileage and peformance is better. Like I said, different engines will repsond differently.
    Will do! If an engine has a distributorless ignition system, why or how would this be advantageous? Well, thanks again guys... i will post my mpg and difference between performance carefully after a couple runs of premium. Now, my question is how many fillups would it take for the ecu to adjust to the higher octane, so that i can "feel and see" the difference between performance and mpg?

Regards
    Highroller
    I would try at least four consecutive tankfulls of each octane.
    Ok, ill try that... i just needed advice on how to start, so thanks p100.
    Ok, well i have been using 4 tank full of 89 plus now and city driving tends to decrease in mpg only by a few. So it turns out that it is almost near same or decreased by just a few miles total. I estimated my city drivings out to be 10-11 mpg. Normally my city with the regular 87 unleaded gas is 11 mpg. Highways are estimated to be somewhere around 15mpg. With 87, it is 16mpg. Just to update anyone who is still reading this stuff.
  • blackoneblackone Member Posts: 4
    I just learned today that two different dealerships are going to want about $560.00 to do all the required maintenance work at 30,000 miles. Is this really necessary, for example, fuel injectors need to be cleaned or something like that for $179.00? Is that necessary with detergents in our fuel? What are others out there paying for a 30,000 mile service? :(
    Since we change our own oil on my Titan the only thing I had done at 30k (well, was a little late and did it at 39k) was a tranny flush and I had them drop the pan and clean the tranny screen. Cost me around $200 or so. Other than that I didn't do anything and am now at 54k, still running fine. No need to have the fuel injectors cleaned at 30k, not if its running fine.
  • madaketmadaket Member Posts: 2
    Hi Folks, I have a 2004 LE with Goodyear Wrangler SRA p265-70r18 tires that need to be replaced as they are worn out.
    Any suggestions for alternate companies or products or is everybody happy replacing with the same?
    Thanks
    I would definitely not run the same tires.... i'd go with another brand like the michelin cross terrain SUV. I have bad experiences with these tires during wet road conditions. Poor traction and poor tread life.
    I'd just do the tranny flush, check the power steering fluid, rotate/balance tires, oil change, air filter, in-cabin filter... i dont really think you need to get the fuel injectors if you use at least 'top tier' fuel.
  • allphaselallphasel Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 SE 4x4 and replaced the Bad Years with Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's - INCREDIBLE TIRE. I do about 60 miles a day in Houston traffic and through the wet or dry pavement, the tires are wonderful. They handle the mud fairly well and the rocks very well. Don't knwo about the snow yet but plan on getting up to Colorado this winter. Well worth the money. I've got about 12k on them so far.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Is how Nissan refers to its new incentives plans. The old ones expired yesterday. What in the hell does BOTTOM LINE mean? Just push out your incentives for us all to see Nissan. Then we'll decide all on our own.
  • jennylynnjennylynn Member Posts: 3
    (I may have posted this incorrectly in another section, so wanted to post it here, just in case...) Skimmed through the messages here, and although I just absolutely ADORE my Titan, a lot of the messages sound familiar. (Had brakes, rotors, etc replaced. Had DVD Nav system replaced. Had issues with slip/vdc/check engine light which they told me was related to low fluid...they think I'm stupid.) Currently my baby is sitting at the Dealership AGAIN (where the mechanics are absolutely WORTHLESS, but it's where my extended warranty is serviced). Got a new tank of gas at my usual station on Saturday night. Didn't drive it Sunday. Monday afternoon, jumped in and it started right up....only to die before I could shift out of park. Happened multiple times. Worried I put Diesl in...checked my receipt...NOPE..it was the cheap unleaded (as usual). Had dealer tow it (over $300) because I was SURE it was a warrantied issue. Got the call a few minutes ago....they said there were NO DIAGNOSTIC CODES AT ALL...but that they took a sample of the gas and think there is something else in the gas tank besides gas. "some sort of chemical" was the quote. Of course, that negates the warranty, not to mention forces me to pay the towing etc. They want to empty the tank, refill it (mind you, I JUST filled it with $75 worth of gas) and "hope for the best". They have got to be out of their flipping minds. Called AutoZone...found out the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump "assembly" INSIDE the tank. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Called the dealer back to find out what exactly they did to rule out fuel pump....they did nothing. (only ran the codes) I asked how they knew "some kind of chemical was in the gas"...and they told me that "Eddie" looked at a sample and could tell. Niiiiiiiiiice. Eddie is a whiz. Now what do I do? Can't find any info on the net about how to troubleshoot the pump and/or filter. Any help out there?
  • wpatterson1wpatterson1 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know where you can get a parts list for my 2004 Titan XE?
  • tmattstedttmattstedt Member Posts: 11
    I have been shopping for a Titan for the last few weeks and would appreciate your help with the following decision:

For the same price of $25.000, would you buy:

New SE King Cab 4x2 in black - Popular pkg. w/ Fosgate radio, XM satellite radio, utility bed pkg., tow pkg., traction pkg., floor mats and the under seat storage bin. $28,457 includes shipping before rebate. $25,707 after rebate. (MSRP $30,275)

or

2005 LE Crew Cab 4x4 in black - 20.000miles, leather, tow package,Fosgate, Utility etc

Obvious advantage of a new car is that you are not inheriting any challenges, however the loss in value should be higher than a used one (are they?), but leather & Crew Cab are nice - 4x4 is not really needed as I don't tow and live in Nevada, thus no snow, but is a nice to have!

Would appreciate your thoughts

Tks

:)