Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• triattriat Posts: 121
    I am still waiting for both of your apologies for calling me a liar.

Both of you also please re-read my post. I sat in a prototype(there were 3 of them)at the our Austin autoshow weeks ago. I said nothing about the LE CC I saw at the dealer Sun, & later test drove Tues. That LE CC was their 1st Titan. They designated it as their demo. They will offer for sale after it reaches 3-5K miles.

bowke28: The 4 Titan dashes I have seen are textured(same as Armada). However they are shiny, & the glare reflects in windshield. The production Titan exactly same as pre-production. Due to rake of windshields, Nissan should have made dash out of non relective flat black/grey material like Volkswagon/BMW & others.
  • triattriat Posts: 121
    I am looking forward to everyone's reviews of their test drives soon! I wonder if others will have positive similiar impressions as I have.

My only nitpick is the windshield glare(correctable with a dash mat?) & airbag availability information.

I can't believe I'm excited about a truck! But it drives,rides,looks so nice & well built. I am looking forward to owning one soon.
  • Why are y'all getting so excited about a new truck? Does it fly? Can it tread water like a Simca? (Oops, I'm showing my age.) Is it faster than a speeding bullet? More powerful than a locomotive?

Seriously, consumers are playing right into Nissan's marketing ploy: to get truckers SALIVATING to get this truck. There probably is not a better truck for the money, but GEEZ! It's only a truck. Y'all throw around figures of $30-35K like money grows on trees. In 1997, I told myself that I would not pay $20K for a new pickup. Six years later, I told myself I would not pay $30K for a new pickup. Have y'all noticed the trend? The trucks' base prices increase only a few hundred bucks, but the options to complete a facade that say "Hey world, look at my individuality" are escalating faster than the inflation rate during the early Reagan (God bless his soul) years (carryover from Jimma Carta years).

I believe that the Nissan will be a great success. I might even break down and get one. But one thing is for sure: if the public swoops these trucks up like you purport on this thread, the price will be $40,000 within three years.

Y'all are scaring me...
  • Before someone says, "Whatsa matta, you can't afford to buy a new truck?" O contrare, si' senor. It's just that I am from the tail end of the Baby Boomers who look at major purchases as an investment: not a GenX or GenY who is used to blowing large sums of money impulsively. Everybody should be happy with their purchase. Who am I to criticize? Only throwing my $.02 in the pot.
  • jake696jake696 Posts: 111
    Point well made renonevada, I must agree.

Here's a plan: if one want's to spend that much (most likely finance...) on a truck, or anything...wait 6 months, think long and hard about it and then see if you still want to do it. (This works well for marriage too...)

If you still gotta-gotta have it, then go get that new truck! Bowke will be happy with his little commisson and you get that long awaited new truck-probably for less by now as the frenzy has subsided and the dealer will sell it to you below MSRP.
  • rivestrivest Posts: 10
    Is it true? No climate control, even on the LE?
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    you said: "I am from the tail end of the Baby Boomers who look at major purchases as an investment"

im saddened that, with all the information available to you, you still consider a vehicle purchase an investment.

well, O contrare, si' senor, does a vehicle post a positive return over ANY amount of time? you would do better for yourself in your vehicle decisions to consider it a transportation cost...no different than people in NYC budget for the subway every month.
    keep holding your breath for that apology.
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    >>Seriously, consumers are playing right into Nissan's marketing ploy: to get truckers SALIVATING to get this truck.<<

Actually, I don't think any of this dialogue is or has been sanctioned by Nissan. It has been spawned by humans because of a tribalistic tendency of some Americans. This reminds me of Chevy owners -- a lot, and that wasn't meant to be a compliment.

If Nissan has a good and solid product they won't need hype or phony bravado. They won't need point people to cut down the competition, where it is just as likely to turn people off (a concept that's proven to have negative consequences with a more intelligent customer base). This is the talk of salepeople. Nissan typically doesn't raise their sales representatives to be egotistically proclaiming, and in the past that's been a good part of their success.

Reno, I enjoyed hearing your sane comments. I think it's time to let the children play all by themselves, don't you?

Best regards,
    Dusty
    im a nissan salesperson, and im hoping the titan does well. however, noone on this board is likely to be my client, so why would i waste my time talking about it?

im a car nut, and like to talk about new models. i happen to have an insight into the titan that noone else does for now, and i enjoy being able to answer questions about it and provide opinions. i have no other motivation for being on here.

if you think otherwise, then you also probably believe that sony wants to control the world through their playstation. ;-)
  • akjbmwakjbmw Posts: 231
    Practice makes permanent. In a posting environment, you have time to think through what to say to prompt a response or guide the conversation.
    Practice practice practice.
    This board has turned out to be more fun than actually shopping for a new truck!!!

I'm not necessarily defending Reno, but I think there's a point there regarding the "investment".

Of course, (almost) no vehicle is an investment like stocks or real estate; however, there are different types of buyers and approaches.

I see folks who trade every few years and always seem to have finance (or lease) payments to make on a vehicle. (Bowke loves these folks!)

Some of us treat it more like a long-term investment, especially the research that goes into the purchase. I keep vehicles 8-10 yrs. or more and don't really care about things like resale. I do care about long-term reliability and long term costs and I have taken up to 2 years to make my purchase decision.

There are differences in thinking if you do this as opposed to buying a new vehicle every 2-3 yrs. allowing the dealer to have their hand in your pocket the whole time and responding to the latest trends.
  • keaneckeanec Posts: 349
    Sometimes people buy new every two to three years because they LIKE new vehicles and for other reasons. For example, why do people buy a $50000 vehicle when you can get a $20000 vehicle of the same size? Some because of vanity, some because they love vehicles and quality.

I have bought many vehicles lately for two reasons; 1. changing life circumstances, and 2. I love vehicles. Some people spend their money on bigger homes, some on eating out, others on plays and booze. I spend some of my cash on new vehicles.

The first reason is the biggest one though. Had a sports car; got married and had kids; bye bye sports car - hello CR-V. Bought a travel trailer, bye bye CR-V, hello small truck, and Sentra. Got a dog (big), bye bye Sentra & hello new CR-V. Kids start playing hockey, by by frontier hello Titan!
    is that people who consider an automobile an investment are the ones who lose the most money on them. whether you pay cash, finance, or lease, i get paid the same...the only difference is that if you lease, i get 1 more shot at a repeat sale.
  • rivestrivest Posts: 10
    Bowke,

Do you know if climate control is an option? Website makes a generic mention when talking of NAV system.

Does NAV system only cover mapping for major cities, or all cities in US?

Thanks for any info.
    i cant figure it out...the climate control, i mean.

the nav system covers the entire lower 48.
    You mean you don't make more money on the guy that trades every 2-3 years...that is of course, if he likes you well enough to come back to you? I'm starting to wonder if you live in same universe?

"...people who consider an automobile an investment are the ones who lose the most money on them." Not sure what this means Bowke. If you take care of your "investment", keep it in good shape, it lasts longer and still has residual value after 11 yrs. - your statement is bunk.
    an investment, by definition, does not go down in value. therefore, a car IS NOT an investment. something that goes down in value is 'lost revenue'. by taking care of a car, and making it last longer, does it not take more money? the longer a car lasts, the less your yearly/monthly/weekly/daily loss is, but its the same amount of a loss no matter how you add it up.

my point is that the people who lose the LEAST on a car purchase are the ones who never buy it in the 1st place.
  • Getting a 30000 vehicle plus add the 2000 you pay in taxes and the interest on your payments, that 1000 dollar residual at the end of 11 yrs doesn't look like much. You then get to start the whole process over again and save an enormous amount of 1000 dollars. That is not an investment that is, what bowke said, transportation cost. The only diffence is you don't take a city bus in for repairs. Thats why a lease is the best way to go
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    I own a 1948 Simca. It does not look like it will float .

Excited about a new truck? Appearantly you are not up on the situation here.

Nissan taking on the big boys at their game. I t should be interesting on how things change in say 5 years.