Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• oufan1oufan1 Member Posts: 4
    when my beloved 89 mx6gt threw a rod through the engine wall at 190k, i was hoping to get another year out of it. but i was forced into action to find a replacement quickly. i needed a 4dr this time due to the grandkids but still wanted a 5 speed MT fun-to-drive and sharp-looking car. i had no idea how challenging this would be, esp since i wanted red this time after having white the past 12yr. after 3 weeks of futility in looking for used i turned to new. i tried a used accord ex, camry se, maxima se and bmw 325 and passat gls. the only ones i really liked was the passat and the bmw--both of which were expensive even used. i liked the rsx and wrx but they too were too much. at last i discovered the mazda 6. my dealer didnt have a sport package in red w/ MT and Moonroof. i located one 450 mi away but they refused a dealer trade, so i made the trip p/ negotiating over the phone. i love the way it handles and drives im getting use to the more rouded looks as i really did like the looks of my 89 mx6--sleek i find myself looking for places to go so i can drive my new 6 --havent seen another one since i bought it. i sure hope it stands the test of time as well as my mx6 did.
  • mazda6iguymazda6iguy Member Posts: 365
    I just p/u my Mazda 6i...

Sepang Green
    Premium Pkg - 16" wheels/Pwr drivers seat, etc.
    Sport AT
    ABS/Trac control

I did not get any wings or ground efx. I might get a wing and the sport grille sometime down
    the road.

From what I've read here in the forums, I seem to be the only one who has a 6 in Sepang Green... the dealer said it was so popular a color they were hard to come by.
  • livaudaislivaudais Member Posts: 55
    Got mine a couple of weeks ago. 1100 miles, no problems to speak of. It is a:

6s
    Sepang green w/ beige leather
    manual trans
    no sport package
    moonroof

I replaced the stock shifter with a Momo Sphere Aluminum, which matches really well with the center console. I hope to get a set of the 17" wheels and upgrade the stereo somewhat, but otherwise the car will remain as it is.

This was the first Sepang green my dealer had seen, so they must still be pretty rare.

CL
  • flypaperflypaper Member Posts: 11
    Got my Sepang green 6s a couple weeks ago. I was almost ready to order a steel gray one until the last dealer I went to said he had a green one coming in. These 2 colors/configs are impossible to find on a lot here (Seattle area). Mine has...

- Sport (leather)
    - Comfort
    - Moonroof
    - Bose
    - Side airbags

I haven't seen a green one (s or i) on the road yet, and have seen maybe 3 or 4 total over the past few months. Gotta love that
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    AT or MT?
  • ashutoshsmashutoshsm Member Posts: 1,007
    Oh my God - its full of stars!

Congratulations, all - have fun! I know I am - I'll cross into 4-digits on my drive home in 10 minutes :)

First oil-change tips, anyone? Can't remember if its already been discussed.
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Just make sure the oil filter canister gasket is in place afterwards. :o
    I wasn't asking from the POV of chaning it myself. While I'd love to, I live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow any such car work (washing and vacuuming is the limit!)

I was wondering about
    - When to get the first change - with the initial wear, I understand an early-ish change is a good idea. Perhaps 2K miles? Or earlier?
    - How and when to make the switch to synthetic tranny and engine oil. Stick with dino for a couple of changes, do a couple of blend changes or just dump in equivalent synth in both (engine and tranny) right away? I don't live in a bad weather area - so I think Mobil or Castrol Syntech products (instead of RedLine or something more exotic) would do the trick.

Any opinions? References?
  • livaudaislivaudais Member Posts: 55
    Sepang green on the road, and that was 150 miles from where I live. I am seeing more and more 6's lately. There's a Steel gray, Titanium silver, and a Redfire Metallic (all w/ Sport package) that I see regularly on the street.

I'm still definitely in the Honeymoon phase with my car. Haven't had a speeding ticket in 12 years, but this car could well get me in trouble. The sound and acceleration from 4000rpm up are intoxicating!

CL

Forgot my car also has the Comfort Package -- the mid-day sun is doing an excellent job heating my seats these days...
  • flypaperflypaper Member Posts: 11
    ... which I had trouble finding with sport, bose, moonroof, etc. Went to 4 dealers -- found 1 car that matched my specs -- was white. One dealer I talked to said more than half ordered (by dealers) were Glacier Silver. Saw another Steel Gray today -- still have never seen an S on the street in black, red, blue or white.
  • zmzmzmzmzmzm Member Posts: 3
    I guess I'm a little late to the town hall meeting, but it's great to hear everyone's as excited and satisfied about their 6's as I am.
    The odometer on my Onyx Black 6i is going to hit 10k this weekend - without a problem worth mentioning. It's been 5 months of heaven.
    I'm also starting to see more and more 6's on the road, and each time I catch myself staring, regardless of the fact that I have one of my own. They're just great looking cars! (No sign of my honeymoon phase ending any time soon.) And though the Mazda6 is becoming less "exclusive," I'm glad Mazda Motor is being rewarded for not holding back (too much) and designing and building such a great car!
  • greendrivergreendriver Member Posts: 7
    So the big days has come! Drove 2 hours out of town just to show out trade-in and ended up buying the car from the lot without special delivery and just minus air bags ( the only feature that's missing and we wanted) but CD changer "instead". Dark gray,auto,premium package, ABS and 6 CD changer for about $288 a month! Got 0% APR and maybe grad. rebate later if qualified.
    Drives niiiiiiice!!!
  • silvercrownsilvercrown Member Posts: 237
    Some of you have probably seen my posts on the main Mazda 6 board, but I just picked up my beautiful Lapis Blue, fully loaded 6s Sport yesterday. It drives like a dream and I am loving it so far. I don't want to repeat my entire post from the main Mazda 6 board, but I wanted to introduce myself here as a proud new owner.

I'm glad to finally be a member of the Mazda 6 Owners Club after waiting so long to become an M6 owner.

Well, I'm off to do some driving and get better acquainted with my new car. So far, it's been great!!

Can you tell I'm a happy and excited new owner? :-)

Have a great weekend!!
  • vkarvkar Member Posts: 28
    Hi,

I'm planning to get an AT 6i with Premium package, ABS, cassette player, wheel locks, cargo net and mats. The dealer offers me $19095 before any rebates, and I get 1500 cash back, 1250 loyalty and 500 grad discounts. So it seems like this first quote is below invoice. Is there something fishy going on here?

I read somewhere here (I forgot which board) that dealers are being offered thousands in incentives to sell the 6's. Is this true? If so, should I negotiate more?

Any help on this will be appreciated. I am planning to buy either today or tomorrow.
  • vkarvkar Member Posts: 28
    I bought a Silver 6i AT with Premium package, ABS, side airbags, cargo net, cassette player, wheel locks and all-weather floor mats for $16,600 ($18,600 - $1500 cash back - $1000 loyalty - $500 grad rebate + $966 tax + $50 document fee) today. This includes the destination charge. Morries Mazda in the Twin Cities area.
  • alacranalacran Member Posts: 3
    I bought my Glacier Silver Metallic 6s, with Black Leather, Bose, Comfort, Sport, Moonroof and air bag package. I have had it for sometime now. Around my neighborhood, I haven't seen one. Glad to be in the Mazda 6 club, and I LOVE MY 6.
  • scmike1scmike1 Member Posts: 10
    Bought it yesterday. Wish it were after the break-in period so this baby can run! Wanted only cloth and the sport package but after discovering there was no incentives in the sport went with the appearance package, rear spoiler, leather/heated seats, and moonroof. Was looking at buying the new Pontiac GTO or a Cobra, even the Mercury Marauder, but this is a better size, plenty of fun to drive and has all the toys I need. Seriously considered the Mazdaspeed Protege, but being 40 with three kids, the 6 makes a lot more sense. Still have yet to see another one on the road here in San Jose. Thank you Mazda for making a sporty, fun, midsize that looks cool as a four door. Let the sheeple drive the Accords and Camrys. Just get out of the way of us 6 owners! Zoom, zoom indeed!
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    My Mazda 6s manual specifies 5W20 oil for the car. Anyone knows if 5W20 is synthetic ? Can I use regular 5W30 oil in my Mazda Duratec V6 engine ? Please give me your advice.
  • kannonkannon Member Posts: 18
    Well - I joined the club. Today we purchased a 6i automatic with ABS, Side Air Bags and Premium. Financing was 0% and they gave a good trade on my old Honda. Topped it off and I got College Rebate. Thinking about putting foglights in, moonroof later and maybe even heated seats if I can find out where that can be done. Have about 200 miles on the car. It's a great car. Turning radius is a bit disappointing over my old Accord but it runs so nicely - makes you enjoy driving again.
    BWMC - WE'RE AN OBSERVANT BUNCH, please don't repeat your posts all over town :)

The factory 5W-20 is a Motorcraft oil used by Ford, and is a blend, IIRC> I replaced it with 0W20 Mobil 1 Synthetic and like to think it quitened the roughness of my (4 cylinder) engine somewhat. A few other brands (syn and non-synthetic) carry 5W-20 and 0W-20. There are/have been extensive debates about the merits of a 20 Weigh oil, and many have switched to 5W-30 for summer use. Read an oil discussion forum like
    www.bobistheoilguy.com
    for more details, and make your own decision :)

And don't multi-post, please - especially not in the PROBLEMS forum. It brings up the post count unnecessarily :)
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    ashutoshsm,
    Sorry about the multi-posting. I just wanted to make sure that I would get a response from someone who knows. Thank you very much for your advice. :)
  • thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    Yes, for some reason, the 6 is pretty hard to spot. They are selling quite well lately, but you just don't seem to see them anywhere.

I am too a proud new daddy. My baby is Speed Yellow with the works, but no spoiler. Just this morning, I saw a silver 6i at the light.

What a sweet ride! Zum zum!

vudini
  • dondiliodondilio Member Posts: 56
    Hello guys! I've been posting on the Mazda6 forums for quite some time and I really havent introduced myself. My name is Francisco but everyone calls me Dondy. I live in Arecibo PR USA. I own a Mazda6 V6 5spd.AT., Black on black, Sport pkg., fully loaded with every option. Really enjoying it!! :-) Everyday the 6 is more common around here.

I also own a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT, my 3rd Explorer, really like them, very realiable, at least in my experience. I consider myself a car enhusiast. Its nice to belong to this forum. Take care you all.
  • mazdamemazdame Member Posts: 2
    Hey all, name is Henry and just joined the 6club last night. 6i AT, Metallic Red, sports, ABS, SAB/C, leather, bose, moonroof, comfort, premium. I love her so much that I just sat in the garage for a hour last night. I didn't even need to drive her... Zoom Zoom
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Mazda Mania Chat
    Tuesday nights - 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET.
  • aperry1aperry1 Member Posts: 13
    Almost two weeks ago, I purchased a Mazda 6. I am a college student and my parents are paying the majority of my car payment, so I could not get the s. Although it is a four cylinder, it is fully loaded, sports package, premium package, comfort package, and Bose package. It is pretty sweet, I love it. I had a 2000 Kia Sephia loaded before, but it doesn't compare to my 6. Today, I ready 1000 miles, and the car only had 23 miles on it when I purchased it. By the way, being as though it is the end of the year, we got it for $19,000. I'll be back to talk about it more, so long....
  • aperry1aperry1 Member Posts: 13
    Sorry to post more than once, but I failed to mention that I have leather seats, wheel locks, and a sunroof. Basically as much as I could get on my i.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
  • scrummie2scrummie2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I'm new to the Mazda family, and thus new to these boards. I've been lurking here for some time, learning about your experiences before I made my purchase, and first off, thank you for all your information. I'm happy to announce that on Friday, I picked up my 2004 Mazda6. Silver, with the sport package. It had 15 miles on it. 5 of which I put on when I did the test drive. I'm so happy with the car! It's such an improvement from the 95 Corolla I had. Anyway, I'm looking forward to ordering the sport grill and installing it after the new year, as well as changing out some of the headlights.

Zoom-Zoom!
  • deedee13deedee13 Member Posts: 8
    I drove my Mazda6s off the lot on June 10th after much agonizing - should I settle for the Redfire or wait for the blue? Of course I waited because blue is my color. When I saw her in the showroom with the squiqqly racing stripes down the sides, the skirts and side extensions, I fell in love and laid my money down without regret. 7,600 miles later, I can do things with this car that I never could with any other.
  • wildmaplewildmaple Member Posts: 1
    Have a '96 Honda Accord, thinking of getting a new car. Looked at the Mazda 6s, but I know no one that has one to comment on that car.
    I'd like to get the pros and cons of the vehicle.
    DeeDee - welcome! great color choice, its the bestest looking 6 ;)

WildMaple, there are already active Mazda 6 Owners' Clubs in many parts of the country. If you hunt around the web, you should find some, and ask to visit one of heir meets, and ask actual owners about it.

There are also a lot of for/against, comparison and pro/con discussions sprinkled around the Edmunds discussions websites. You'll find them :)

That said, I know no one that owns it and doesn't enjoy it - the driving experience is top notch in its class. Some people have concerns about certain issues (which you will get wind of in other areas of this discussion), while still (many MORE) other (like me) are enjoying the ownership expereience immenseley!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!

This coming week's chat on Feb 10 is also going to include a set of trivia questions about the 2004 Mazda models, gleaned from the pages of Edmunds.com! So study up and join us on Tuesday evening!!

/direct/view/.ef1b553

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • rbartyczakrbartyczak Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, my name is Ron and I live in Maryland. I purchased my Mazda6 s on January 24, 2004. I previously owned a 1987 Mazda 626 LX from about 1992 to 1998. I had about 145,000 miles on it when a red-light runner crashed into it and ‘totaled’ it. It was one of the more enjoyable cars I had owned until now. My replacement car for the ’87 Mazda was a ’95 Saturn SL-2. While the price was right, it was a significant downgrade from the 626. Fortunately, in mid-January, the Saturn began giving me enough grief that I convinced my wife that we should donate it to charity. She then convinced me to buy a new car, rather than another used car; I love that woman. Thus began my quest.

I had always wanted a Honda Accord but they were always just a bit out of my price range. So I thought, now is the time. But, because of my researcher background, before purchasing a car I needed to compare all the mid-sized cars. I was very disappointed with the handling of what I thought would be the two most likely candidates; the Accord EX and the Camry SE. After a few days of disappointing test drives and numerous internet searches, I decided to check out the Mazda6. Oh, happy day! As soon as I sat behind the wheel of a Mazda6 i AT, I felt right at home. (This reminded me of the old Mazda advertising campaign, “It just feels right.”) The car’s controls were amazingly intuitive and the handling was simply outstanding, although the performance level was less than I had hoped for. Back home to do more research on pricing.

I found that the ‘new’ 2003 models that were still available had a rebate available. Enough said; I started searching Mazda dealers’ inventories for 2003 Mazda 6’s. Since I hadn’t particularly cared for the i’s performance with AT, I figured that I should look for an “i” with a manual transmission or an “s.” I found several shown in inventory, but when I called the dealerships, I found that most had already been sold. Finally, I found a black on black “i” with MT, sports package with spoiler, comfort package, Bose audio package with side airbags at Heritage Mazda of Bel Air (about 45 miles from my home). Off I went only to be disappointed because they had sold the car shortly after I had called. The buyer was still in the process of taking delivery when I arrived.

The salesman that I had spoken to was no where to be found; I learned he was the trying to find a 2004 from their inventory that matched the 2003 that I had called about. The sales manager took me into his office and we began discussing what I was looking for. I told him I wanted a 2003 because of the $2,500 rebate, but he explained that if I wanted the “sports package,” the rebate was only $1,500. He then told me that he could match that with the current dealer incentive from Mazda on a 2004. There was never any high pressure, they just answered my questions and provided information. The entire sales staff was so friendly, I felt like I was being treated like family. (This feeling was a far cry from almost all of the other dealerships that I had visited during my quest.)

With a new 2004 in the picture, I started to rethink what options I really wanted. I began test driving all the 6 models; 6i MT, 6s AT, 6s MT. With each model tested, my smile kept getting bigger; same great handling and better performance as I moved through the line-up. While driving the 6s MT, all of a sudden it came to me, “Zoom-Zoom!” I knew I had to have an “s.” Then, I had more decisions, like leather or cloth. As it turned out, the dealership only had the manual transmission “s” in two colors with all the options I wanted (see below); Steel Gray and Sepang Green. They also had a demo “s” in Pebble Ash (my favorite color) with AT with beige leather that only had 1,300 miles on it. The gray one had the leather and the green one had the cloth; both in black. After much agonizing (for about 10 minutes), I chose the Steel Gray. (My required options--sports package with spoiler, Bose audio package, power moonroof, side airbags and side air curtains, and wheel locks.) Since taking delivery, I have purchased and installed the moonroof air deflector, the door edge guards, the cargo mat and cargo net. I have thought about the auto-dimming mirror but figured that it would be too difficult for a self install.

This is by far the most fun to drive vehicle I have every owned. I actually look forward to going to work in the morning because I get to drive my 6. When I get to work, I look forward to leaving work even more than I did before because I get to drive my 6 again! So far, in about 3 weeks, I have put about 700 miles on the car and am averaging just over 22 mpg. Based on EPA estimates, I guess that is what I should expect with very mixed city/suburban/highway driving. I am hoping that after the break-in period that the fuel mileage will go up a bit. When I change the oil, I plan to use a synthetic (maybe Mobil 1’s 0W-20) which should also help boost gas mileage a bit.
  • WalthocWalthoc Member Posts: 1
    This looks like a helpful resource while I own my new Mazda 6i. Well almost new, 2003 with 6400 miles. The price was right after my previous car was totalled. It is so much more car than what I experienced with a Saturn coupe that cost me the same amount of money 6 years ago. I've only had the car for about a month so I can't really comment about the plusses or minuses of my experience. Would rather wait awhile and then comment.

Needless to say, I enjoy the handling and performance. Like most who have posted, I've noticed similar hiccups like less than expected gas mileage, squeeky brakes and a few minor rattles. One investment that I've made in the past 3 vehicles my family has owned is a K&N air filter. They have a million mile warranty and improved the performance in my Saturn. I clean it about once a year and they do not effect the car's warranty. I'm hoping maybe for another mile or two per gallon, we'll see.

I've noticed discussion about oil, is this the reason for the high oil change price? At any rate, I appreciate this forum and all those who participate. Your insights are valuable.

Cheers
    Join us on Tuesdays for:

Mazda Mania

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!

We'll be testing your knowledge with some automotive trivia questions as well, so be prepared! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
  • cartime2cartime2 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, Im about to turn 16, and am looking to get a car, if I can find one at a low enough price Im strongly considering the Mazda6, would you say that this is a good choice, or a bad one for a first car?
  • mazda6iguymazda6iguy Member Posts: 365
    Mazda 6's are great, but you might like the Mazda3 better. check them out. You can pick up a loaded Mazda3 for about the same price as a mazda6 with the 4 cyl. engine and minimal options. You may even find one with the nav system.
    Mazda Mania

We'll be testing your knowledge with some automotive trivia questions as well, so be prepared! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
  • prionaceprionace Member Posts: 8
    Funny how things can change quickly in the car buying process. I have an old 1991 Dodge Spirit (with one of the infamous paint jobs) that otherwise runs well still... Shocks are a bit shot, but it just passed an inspection with flying colors. Of course, only having 80,000 miles on it has something to do with it.

Anyhow, for a variety of reasons I started looking for a new car. Worked out my budget, what I could afford per month, and decided I was willing to do a loan of 6 years if necessary to put me in a car I want. I used Edmunds' financing calculator to determine how much car I can afford based on their TMV and what APR I figured I could get based on my credit. I was pleasantly surprised that I wouldn't have to settle for an econobox (in spite of the fact that some are rather nice these days).

So then I sat down with Edmunds' 2004 New Cars book and started reading the reviews. I narrowed my choice down to about 10 cars ranging from econobox up to midsize sedan, and even the Dodge Intrepid which I've always loved the look of. Then I started rating the cars in various categories, and listed my top 5. It included three Toyotas and two Mazdas. The top car on the list was a Toyota Celica, but after reading the Long Term test here, and realizing that for me the car just wouldn't work out, I went to the next car on the list.

That car was a Mazda 6. The other cars were a Toyota Camry Solara, Mazda 3, and Toyota Camry. So I began test driving... Almost immediately the Mazda 6 lapped the field as far as I was concerned, although the Mazda 3 made a strong case due to slightly better fuel economy, value for the money and an interior I liked the look of better. Somehow though, the Mazda 6 just felt like a better overall package for me.

I began 'building' cars on Edmunds and the Mazda.com site. Initially I was looking for a sport package, but decided that I liked the clean look of the base sedan. I never really considered the Manual Transmission since all the cars at nearby lots had an Automatic. I really wanted the Moonroof, but the combination of options necessary to get it (Sport package, Security Package, 17" alloy wheels, Bose Audio system) made it drop from the list quickly. The car I basically 'decided' on was an AT with ABS and Power Seats. The only problem? I was dead set on getting a Lapis Blue, and my pre-approved loan was due to end at the end of the month. Plus I wanted to take advantage of the $1500 rebate.

So I called around and found a car that really wasn't close to my 'latest build'. A Manual Transmission Lapis Blue with sport package (the spoiler version) plus a couple of extras that were never really on my list: sport grille, aluminum fuel door, autodim compass mirror. The big draw though was the price. It was through an internet manager who didn't haggle, but quoted their policy of $100 over invoice. I told the dealer I wanted to test drive it, and went out to do so. The first shock on seeing the car was how rich and bright the blue looks. The pictures on the mazda.com site when you choose the color don't come close to doing it justics. It took me a moment, and then I realized I loved the look.

The sport package still didn't thrill me, partially because I work at a place where 'sporty' cars are rather uncommon, and even a spoiler is unusual. This car will definitely stand out. However, it's definitely not as gaudy as some other cars, and as I walked around it, I realized it would grow on me quickly. Besides, a manual transmission is more practical than an automatic, and I could always use that excuse. ;)

However, I haven't driven a manual in awhile (3 years) and wanted to make sure I liked the feel as much as I did the automatic version. I never stalled it, and by the end of the short trip I'd stopped whacking my companion's (friend who had to drive me up since I transferred plates but didn't trade in the old car) head on the headrest with the downshifts.

Got back inside and said, "Let's do it." Not only did I save $1500 off MSRP for the car, I saved $600 off Edmunds' TMV and they got me a better loan offer than the one I was able to get on my own (dropping a good $2000 off the interest over the life of the loan).

And then came the fun part... the drive home. See, this dealership was 100 miles from where I live and the drive only reaffirmed that I'd made the right choice. Love the car both how it feels and how it looks. Now I'll hope it's as reliable as the long term test here indicates...
  • thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    Congratulations. You will NOT regret your decision! After 9100 miles, I am still in zoom-zoom heaven. I too thought the Lapis was a striking color, but yellow was my color: I can see my baby from hundreds of yards away, without having to look for her!
    vudini
  • prionaceprionace Member Posts: 8
    Well, it's turned out to be as nice a car as my first impressions of it were, after now having had it a bit less than a week. I've had a chance to test the car in the snow as we got a decent amount the past couple of days, and she handles better than my old vehicle by far. The look continues to resonate with me, though the chrome fuel door is still something of an ambivalent point with me.

My only real 'complaint' isn't about the car specifically, but the audio system. I grew used to one touch switching between equalizer packagaes on a CD player I bought for my old car, so modifying the base, mid, and treble separately feels a bit of a pain.

Anyhow, the car runs beautifully, gets lots of comments at work (positive ones) and even my dad liked the look in a picture I sent him.

I can't wait to hit 600 miles so I can start pushing it a bit more. There're some nice, twisty roads in the area. Already I've found myself going 10 MPH faster than I have in my old car on some of these roads, without realizing it, and the car is still rock solid.

The impression I always get walking out to the car is that it looks massive somehow. Compared to my old Dodge Spirit, it's not hugely bigger (a few inches in all directions) but it just feels much more substantial. Anyhow, thanks again for the welcome.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I bought my mazda6s 3 weeks ago in FL. I was able to find one on the lot with all the features I wanted plus some extra's. Silver wasn't my first choice but the dealer made me an offer I could not refuse. The car looks fantastic,in and out. I got the sport package,V6,auto,luxury package,bose audio,side airbags,moonroof,cargo net and wheel locks. I figure I might as well load it up because I usually keep cars for many years. I hope I'll have good luck with it.
  • pazakpazak Member Posts: 16
    I paid a little more than I wanted to and didn't get what I expected on my trade, yet still I am one happy new owner. The 19 mile ride home from the dealership was very inspirational. I am going to have to get a bond card. Check that, I am going to have to get "two" bond cards. ...... and a lawyer.

6s - steel gray - 5 speed manual - loaded
         and most importantly, the sport package W/O the spoiler. Thats right folks, I said no spoiler.
    ... makes some colors stand out, and looks incongruous on others. Blue, Yellow, Copper and Red pretty much NEED the spoiler. But that's just my opinion!

In any case - congratulations to all the new owners here - you're going to love owning the car! Mine turned 13K last week, and I'm still always excited about driving it :)
  • likaglovlikaglov Member Posts: 82
    Finally made the purchase and so far I'm loving it...

Red 6s-AT with beige leather. I actually tried to go without the spoiler, but there were only three available in the 6-state area, one was a demo, the other two had deposits on them (or so the other dealers said).
    Mazda Mania

The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
  • lapislaylalapislayla Member Posts: 2
    Hello Fellow 6 Owners,

I posted this on the "main" Mazda6 board, then realized that it would have made more sense to post it here. It's been months since I've visited Edmunds. At that time, my username was Silvercrown. With this new format, I couldn't figure out how to log on with that name and it no longer fit me, so I reinvented my profile name (it's actually based on my car's "name").

I have had my beautiful, blue 6s Sport since last July and I have around 8500 trouble-free miles on it. It still shines like diamonds when it's clean, and I still find myself staring at it in the parking lot. I do love my car.

As for gas mileage, it could be better. I do a mixture of city and highway driving, mostly city, and I average aroun 21-22 mpg. I have a heavy right foot and I love to zoom, when I can, so I'm sure that accounts for my lower mileage. However, I averaged about 26 mpg in my old V6 Camry, using the same driving style, so the 6 is a thirstier machine in general.

If I could change one thing, besides improving the mileage, it would be a smaller turning circle. I am still getting used to it and certain parking maneuvers and turns are a pain. In spite of that small detail, I love my car and I enjoy driving it every day.

I did have one small misfortune happen earlier this month. I had to replace one of my tires. The roads here in Michigan are terrible, and even though I am very careful to avoid potholes and other bumps, I managed to get a bubble in my sidewall. First time this has ever happened to me and I've lived here all my life. I never had low profile, sport tires like these, so I guess that's the difference.

Luckily for me, Michelin agreed to pay for 45% of the replacement cost, since my car was so new. Customer goodwill, I guess. It was still very expensive to replace, these tires ain't cheap. And they're not readily available. I went to Belle Tire (I had to go to one of Michelin's authorized distributors for the evaluation of whether or not the tire was defective) and they had to go to their warehouse for that particular tire. So I was there for a long time, but grateful to save some $$$ in the end. Has anyone else had a tire problem like this due to bad roads or whatever?

However, I'm not looking forward to the time when all of my tires will have to be replaced. That's going to cost a small fortune. A friend of mine mentioned Tirerack.com and told me that they would deliver to any location I wanted, so if I wanted a certain auto shop to install my tires, they would send them there and it would save me a lot of money. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? I'm thinking ahead here. :-)
This discussion has been closed.