Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    Interesting. I didn't read your original closely enough, so the "7 year warranty" escaped me. I hope this is a Mazda long term warranty;I wonder if this is an extension to Mazda's 5 year powertrain warranty and therefore not quite a 7 year warranty. Believe it or not these can be very expensive; several years back a friend extended his warranty to 200000 km / 7 years for a Camry for C$2500!

In most used vehicle sales "retail sales tax" has to be paid to the government on the "actual sale price or the average wholesale value". You may want to confirm this with a dealer or the Govt. of Ontario to avoid any surprises. In Ontario, the seller must provide you with a government based report to ensure teh vehicle's authenticity, the report is called the Used Vehicle Information Package. You can ask the seller if he has the package. Do not purchase the vehicle without this or you will not have legal recourse in case things turn sour.

So far, it sounds like $28K is his lowest bid. If you can get it to $27K and the car passes an inspection at your independent garage, it sounds like you could have a very interesting prospect. When I checked autotrader there were only Mazda6 sedans and they were priced lower, but that is not surprising considering how they were equipped compared to the one you are considering.

Best of luck and keep us posted, Clive!
  • lexielexie Member Posts: 45
    If you go to the car and click on special financing offer and it will give you the rates.

The Mazda6 Sport Sedan has a 0% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months and 2.9% for 60 months assuming that we have good credit rating.

">link title
  • chitownguychitownguy Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2005 s Grand Touring Package yesterday here in Chicago.

MSRP = 27,855
    I used my Family's S-Plan employee discount = $25,855
    Financing got 1000 off at 3.9 for 60 months%.

They told me that is the lowest they could go with employee discounts and it was the same everywhere else. From what I'm seeing here, I made a bad move. GRRRRR.
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    Don't beat yourself up. There aren't large rebates on the '05s right now. The only way to get a killer deal is to find a new '04, but there aren't many left. You got a good car that you are going to enjoy. Don't stress over the $$$
  • tweakestweakes Member Posts: 1
    So I'm probably going to buy a new 2005 5-door 6-speed s Sport model ... I'm 22 years old graduating from college this year so I figure they don't think I know much about buying cars. Unfortunately they're right!

I want it with everything - leather, moonroof, homelink rearview mirror - building online it comes to MSRP $28,780. They have located a vehicle for me in the color and options I want so they don't have it on their lot -- how much I should pay?

I have also been offered a 2005 Accord with the exact same options (that I just don't like as much as the Mazda6) for $26,000. Should I accept an offer for anything MORE than that?

Thanks!
  • svalleysvalley Member Posts: 30
    You should able to get the M6s 5Dr for 23K (with MAC and new grad rebate).

For the Accord EX-V6 you should able to do better than 26K. Under 24K is what I will pay for the Accord.

Good Luck.
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    svalley gave you some good numbers to shoot for, although getting that version of the Mazda for $23K is optimistic. I don't think I would want to get a loaded up 6 without a pretty good rebate. They really depreciate.

You are very close to the border line of the entry-luxes when the sticker on the Mazda is well over $28K. Granted, you will get a good discount off that sticker if you negotiate, but if you want the 6, I would suggest one of the mid-level options. My '04 6s has everything you are looking at except the leather and homelink and stickered under 26K before discounts and rebates.

You seem to want a very well-equipped sports sedan. If your pocketbook can handle a couple of thousand more, you might want to investigate the Acura TSX, perhaps even the TL, or the Infiniti G35. These cars are all going to cost in the upper 20s to low 30s, but the resale on them is much better. Plus, you will enjoy the amenties of a premium dealership.

Don't misunderstand. I don't want to talk you out of the 6 because it is a terriffic car and I enjoy mine. Just consider all of your options.
    ramped said : You seem to want a very well-equipped sports sedan. If your pocketbook can handle a couple of thousand more, you might want to investigate the Acura TSX, perhaps even the TL, or the Infiniti G35. These cars are all going to cost in the upper 20s to low 30s, but the resale on them is much better. Plus, you will enjoy the amenties of a premium dealership.

Although the Acura TL would rank at the top of the list provided, I have seen the the Mazda 6 sport hatchback sitting very sweetly beside the TL. Mazda has a way with its styling.
  • mimazda6mimazda6 Member Posts: 9
    Searched most everything East of the Mississippi looking for remaining big rebate 2004 models with 5-speed manual. Bought 2004 6s, MSRP $25,080 (Sport Package/Bose/Moonroof/Side Airbags/Mirror w/Compass/Wheel Locks) for $17,800. Had to request quotes from about 20 dealers via Mazda website inventory search, went back and forth with about 5 or 6 to end up working down to this price. Dealer gave me discount for "S-plan", while most others said S-plan was irrelevant at this point with sub-invoice pricing anyway. Obviously I went with the guy who gave me the discount and in the end the best price. Car is fantastic; should be illegal to buy a car this nice at that price! Good luck to those still shopping.
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Does anyone know if there's a minimum time you have to stay in the loan if you take the $1000 MAC cash?
  • denali856denali856 Member Posts: 118
    There's been some discussion of this on the thread, I think. Try searching the thread.
    Searched most everything East of the Mississippi looking for remaining big rebate 2004 models with 5-speed manual. Bought 2004 6s, MSRP $25,080 (Sport Package/Bose/Moonroof/Side Airbags/Mirror w/Compass/Wheel Locks) for $17,800
    Congratulations on a great price and great car!

Was it "new" or a tester?
    How many miles on it when you bought it?
    Would you care to recommend the dealer?
    Yes, I thought of that after I posted. I see the minimum time is 0. :shades:
  • cliveeclivee Member Posts: 7
    Still hunting for that bargain vehicle Autonomous.
    Looking for your opinion on this puppy. I haven't been to look at it yet. What's your take on ex-rentals? What do you value a vehicle with these miles on the clock?

Year: 2004
    Make: MAZDA
    Model: MAZDA 6
    Model Detail: GS GFX
    Price: $21,995.00
    Mileage: 51169 km
    Features: automatic, 4 dr., V6, gas, front wheel, silver exterior, black interior, alloy wheels, tinted windows, sunroof, bucket seats, power seats, air conditioning, am-fm stereo, compact disc, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, heated mirrors, cruise control, tilt wheel, drivers air bag, passenger air bag, anti-lock brakes, traction control, anti-theft, keyless entry
    Notes: THIS WAS A RENTAL UNIT. IT IS THE V6 ENGINE WITH THE POWER MOONROOF. HAS THE 17" ALUMINUM RIMS & REAR SPOILER! ALSO HAS THE PREMIUM AUDIO (BOSE) SYSTEM!! WARRANTY
    Car was new; had 80 miles on pickup so had obviously been test driven, etc. a few times. Dealer was Park Mazda in Akron, OH. Great dealership experience. Even bought a used set of RX-8 wheels w/225/45R18 tires for an extra $750 that I couldn't resist. They mounted them for me, threw the stock 17s in the trunk and back seat and I drove the car home to Michigan on the 18s. Car is absolutely fantastic; should be illegal to get a car this nice for that money. The Accord I could have had for this money would have been ... yawn...zzzzzzzzzzz
    2004 MAZDA 6 : GS + GFX + automatic + V6 : C$21,995; 51169 km

Interesting description until you mentioned RENTAL UNIT.
    Personally, I find these the least appealing vehicles; I prefer one
    previous driver with all the records than a myriad of anonymous ones
    (I have visions of coke spilling, hamburgers dripping, ...)

The km make it more than a two year old car (assuming 20K / year)
    but the price for a V6 looks appealing.

But then again what's the harm of taking it for a spin and then
    having a mechanic that you trust give it the once over?

Anyone have experience buying a "rental"?
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Anyone have experience buying a "rental"?

I just bought one last week in the Philadelphia area.

2004 Mazda 6 Wagon Glacier Silver Metallic with 13,300 miles. It was just the standard base wagon with out any options but even so that was pretty well loaded for me . They were asking$16,300 and came down to $15,000. I had my mechanic check it out and there were no accidents or leaks. He said it seemed well maintained. I had no problem buying an ex-rental , at least you know they are doing some maintenance. with a car coming off lease you have no idea what the previous buyer was like.

The only problem I had was that it only came with one key and no remotes. I got a remote off of e-bay for $12, but the second key needs programed by the dealer. They want $35 for the key and $89 for one hour labor to program it, so I will be shopping that around.

I loved the 6 wagon when it first came out but I did not want to pay $21k at the time. I think one year old with 3 years of warranty left and 37k miles is still like most new car warranties.

In my area there seems to be alot of these available all of the sudden from the rental companies. They must have sold a bunch of them at the auctions recently.

I really love the feel of Mazda's. I had a couple of RX-7's and this reminds me in some ways of them.
  • cliveeclivee Member Posts: 7
    Thanks guys,

Coke and burger spills I can handle, a good professional upholstery cleaning and it's almost as good as new. You would think the rental company would have stuck to the service program - I guess I can ask to see the history. I would definitely get a mechanic to check it over and hope he finds any potential demons.
    As said, no harm it having a look, the dealer's only 5 minutes away from my house.

Cheers,
    Clive
    2004 Mazda 6 Wagon Glacier Silver Metallic with 13,300 miles ... with out any options ... asking $16,300 and came down to $15,000. ... I loved the 6 wagon when it first came out but I did not want to pay $21k ... 3 years of warranty left and 37k miles is still like most new car warranties.

From $21K to $15K (i.e. 30% decrease) in one year sounds like a great deal especially with the low mileage and the remaining warranty. Congratulations guss! :)
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    We were at a Mazda dealership this evening. Looking at a Squall Blue Mazda6 wagon, with cloth interior, 5-speed manual, no other options. The best the sales guy could do was $22500 out the door. Tax is 8.25%, so that was about $21000 including the $750 rebate. Edmunds lists TMV as $22141, so it would seem to be a pretty good deal.

Was that a good price, or has anyone got one for less? I'm in no hurry, since the wagons don't seem to move very fast at this dealership. I know it will be there tomorrow.
  • jrathodjrathod Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Im new here..

There is a Mazda 6 S that im tyring buy. It's a 2004 MAZDA6 s Sports Sedan, Grand Touring Model with less that 100 miles on it from dealer. This car is loaded.. it's got everything. I would be getting this car for just under $22K including TAX after all the incentives. Is this a good deal?? let me know.. thanks!
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    2004 didn't have the Grand Touring Model. :confuse:
  • johnnobjohnnob Member Posts: 3
    Some of these must have made their way North. There's a bunch of these in Elmira NY at a dealer stickered at $14.999. Thanks for your note - might go out and get one today.
    Good luck, that looks like a really good price right off that bat.

I have had mine 2 weeks now and 500 miles and besides a small stain on the back seat I can not find anything wrong with it.

Mine was sitting on the dealer lot in Philly for about 4 months. thought there would be no way they would accept my offer, but I am glad they did, this car is great. usually get tired of a car in a couple of years , but I can see having this one a long time. It does everything I need it to do well.

Let me know how you make out.

Just make sure they have at least 1 key and 1 remote. My dealer agreed to get a second key made and the key blank is $33 and programing it is $89.
  • dda73dda73 Member Posts: 4
    I read in an earlier post that killer deals can be made now on new 2004s. Since I'm in the market now for a Mazda6 (i or s) can you give me a good idea about what deals can be made for a 2004?
    I've found a couple of new 2004s and am boning up to make some deals--of course, the best deal that can be made!
    Unfortunately, while doing research, I haven't been able to get good TMVs on new 2004s w/very little mileage--the research I've done assumes that the 2004s are used??? Any or all help would be appreciated!
    :)
  • johnnobjohnnob Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. This one has two keys but no fob. You said you bought one for $12 on ebay - what do you have to do to program it to that car? Or does the dealer have to do that for you?

Tkx
    J.
  • fitguyfitguy Member Posts: 220
    Paid $22,990 (plus tax) for a 2004 6S 5-door auto, loaded w/everything except auto miror last Nov. the list was about $28,500. Took rebate and still got 3.5% finance local bank. I think you could do better, work 'em! :D Don't forget- that car is now "technically" a year old.
    N you can program it yourself. found it by going a search. I think the procedure is;

1.open drivers door and leave open.

2. put key in ignition and turn it to on and back to off three times and leave in at off.

3.press the sensor button on the drivers door three times. locks will activate.

4. press any button on the fob twice. it will then be programed.

Just make sure you get the fob with only 3 buttons. The sedan version with a trunk release button will not work(I know , I tried).
    See my post #1097. Work with a few dealers to get the price down. 2004s are a steal.
  • linda69linda69 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2005 MZ6 V4 fully loaded, with the exception of a moon roof. Sticker $21,310 paid $17,500. New Models were comming in and the 4 on the lot had to go. Thought I got a good deal.
    V4? :confuse:
  • wokkawokkawokkawokka Member Posts: 5
    From what i've read in these posts, a Mazda6 4cyl stick is a raging steal right now. The car has so much going for it.
  • cnybrocnybro Member Posts: 29
    Bought mine on Dec 31. Squall Blue, sport + luxury pkg, auto, sunroof, roof rails, wheel locks, autodim mirror, Bose (I think that's part of the lux pkg?) for $21.5K!

I tinted the windows to the legal max - looks very sharp! One fine ride. I've only seen two others on the road. I was looking at Altima's, but seems like you see 3 at every intersection! I was gung on a TSX or saving my pennies for a TL, but when I came upon this deal I counldn't pass it up. :shades:
    I also was close to buying a TL or G35, but got sensible and bought a 6S 5-Door; no regrets whatsoever. And with the money I saved, went out and bought a nice Olhausen pool table plus some other fun gadgets. :shades:
  • jeff74jeff74 Member Posts: 6
    is that Sayre, PA ? if you go please verify their stock for me, that's a big inventory
    of 6's
  • tasktask Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am in NJ area and i am trying to buy Mazda6 Grand touring V6 including 2SE sports package for 21500 + tax and fees . is this the good price ?
    Thanks
    Sathish.N
  • abirdabird Member Posts: 7
    According to edmunds, "up to $4000" plus another $1000 if you finance with Mazda.

After I saw this, I spent some time tracking down 6cyl, manual trans.

I didn't care too much about body style (slight preference toward wagon). Preferred a raging deal to lots of options--really, would have been happy with a base model.

I found a hatchback in Austin, TX and a loaded sedan in CT, both on autotrader. Was seriously considering the hatchback, but the fellow in TX told me the rebate was $3000 plus $1000--you get the extra $1000 for the wagon.

I then found a redfire 5 speed wagon with beige interior 2 hrs away in Charlotte, NC through a labor intensive process of searching the 10 closest dealers to nearby cities in GA, TN, SC, and NC on the mazdausa website. It has the luxury package (leather, power drivers seat, etc), fog lights, wheel locks.

Plenty of automatic wagons, but this was the only 5 speed I found. Bought it yesterday for $17242 plus tax, tag, fees for a total of just under $19000 out the door. That was 200 under invoice in addition to $5000 in rebates : ) I got 200 under invoice by protesting the $500 "doc. fee" that they stated they could not budge for legal reasons.

This is the most fun vehicle I've owned! Happy hunting!
    That is an excellent deal, congratulations. I can not believe that there are still 2004 model still around.

There is a dealer in my area advertising that they still have 3 2004 wagons. Prices for an automatic with Bose stereo are $18,450. So you did real well at basically $17,542 with leather.

I have had my sport wagon for about a month and 1500 miles and I love it. I have no idea why they are not moving. The price certainly seems right.
  • mazda6_5doormazda6_5door Member Posts: 15
    Forgive me for joining the converstion late and just bardging in and asking questions, but thats what I am gonna do, LOL.

Where does it say what incentives are available for the 2004 Mazda6's? I don't see it on edmunds or mazdas site, I assume I missed it. But if it is indeed 3000+1000, thats sweet. I know there are 2 mazda dealers close to me, one has plenty of 2004 6's left. I think around 60 it says online, the other doesn't appear to have any, seems weird to me. But if I can find one I want and get 4000 in rebates. I just may have to jump on it. They did make the 5 door in '04 right? And are there any significant changes from the 04 to 05 model years? Also, and I am sure I am pressing my luck, but I don't suppose you could get s plan pricing(I qualify for it) as well as the reabtes could you?

Thanks,
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Welcome to the Forums! You are, of course, welcome to "barge in" at any time. You might check out our Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments discussion for good info on what's available when purchasing the 2004 model.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mazda6_5doormazda6_5door Member Posts: 15
    Okay I posted in the other forum, still nor response yet. But here is my next question, does the warranty start from date of purchase or date of manufactur, or something else?

Also how long is the warranty, edmunds says 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper and powertrain. But I have seen 2 other websites saying its 3 years 50,000 miles for both.
  • abirdabird Member Posts: 7
    bumper to bumper. Clock starts ticking when you take delivery.
  • kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    That is an awesome deal! I'd love to find one like that in the fall when i am shopping. One question, do you know if the wagon has any tow capacity?
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I'm fairly sure that Mazda says none of the 6's are allowed to tow. I found that strange because every car that i've ever owned had at least a 1000lb rating for towing. :(
  • yesnoyesno Member Posts: 5
    new, automatic, fully loaded for 20k. Good deal? Also looking at new 2004 Passat GLS wagon for 21,200. I like the quality of the interior on the Passat and the acceleration and handling on the Mazda6. Consumer Reports doesn't give high marks for reliability to either one so that isn't a tie breaker. Anything else I should consider?
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Wow, that would be a tough call. I love my Mazda6 but the Passat wagon is awfully nice too. I think you found a better price on the Passat than the '04 6. We didn't even look at the Passat when we were shopping this last time because we knew it would be much higher than 21k. You might see if you can get the price down on the 6. That being said, I don't think the reliability issues are anywhere near comparable. Even if Mazdas have problems, they tend not to be as expensive to repair as VWs do, and I have heard a lot more complaints about VW reliability than Mazda on these forums. I bought my Mazda last October -- 7000 miles and no problems yet. One warranty repair I didn't even know about done at the first oil change.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • slickdogslickdog Member Posts: 225
    Well, I'm sure you've already considered how aesthetically pleasing each one is to you, but personally I think the Mazda6 is much more attractive looking than the Passat.

I agree with suydam that you may be able to get the price lower on the Mazda6. It's an '04 and the '05's have been out for several months now. Seems to me the dealer should be quite eager to sell you that '04 and put an '05 in it's place. The price does seem pretty good for the Passat though, it must be below invoice.
  • yesnoyesno Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I like the Mazda6. Couldn't get the salesperson to budge on the price. He said maybe $2. He told me earlier that invoice was 24,600. One thing he said it does have is the tiptronic shifting that I thought only came with the '05s. Unfortunately it doesn't have the side airbags

Don't know the invoice on the '04 Passat GLS. MSRP is 27,680.

I think I would be happy with either one.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    That would do it for me. I got my 6s (leather, bose, side airbags, and the tiptronic shifting you mentioned) for 22k last October. I think the side airbags are an important safety addition. I'll bet the Passat has them. I agree that the Passat is not as stylish outside as the 6s but inside it is really nice.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    I have only one word of advice concerning the Passat: don't. You may get lucky and get a good one, but the odds are against you. If you've also spent time on the VW section of the forum here & elsewhere, you've seen the severity and frequency of problems a "bad" VW will have- and it ain't bull; I know, I had one. All the various electronic problems, including a bad trans. module that left me stranded and had to have the car towed to the dealer. And the dealer service was terrible. Also began having the infamous "motor sludge" issue, and I am fanatical about maintenance- that's when I said enough is enough and dumped it. Overall, reliability-wise the worst bought-new vehicle I ever owned. And I too loved the nice interior materials- for a while. :lemon: