Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Rental and fleet got the big chunk of initial production....also, I get a heads up of order constraints and this months list says...

...due to recent I4 automatic trans supply constraints, we have experienced some significant production delays which has made is necessary to carry over 2000 orders from October to Nov production. December production will be below our request of 2800 units but it will be an improvement over Sep and Oct production. Keep in mind we still have a contraint of 40% on I4 auto trans...we suggest the following build mix

I4 MT 5%
    V6 MT 5%
    I4 auto 40%
    V6 auto 50%
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Thanks for the info. It looks like they want to cut back on the number of MT units. 10% MT units is way down from last year, what was it, like 35% MT units? I spotted a car like I want in AZ (5-door V6 MT). Maybe I should head over there and snap it up while I can, instead of waiting for my local dealer to get one in like it (could be a really long wait).
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    carry over 2000 orders from October to Nov production. December production will be below our request of 2800 units but it will be an improvement over Sep and Oct

It sounds like your dealership's order for the Mazda6 is close to 25,000 annually! Do you actually sell that many in one outlet, Rich? I thought the Mazda3 was the volume leader.
    It sounds like your dealership's order for the Mazda6 is close to 25,000 annually!

LOL...I wish. I was quoting a letter from Mazda to all northeast region dealers.. OTOH we do sell alot of Mazda's to Enterprise but no that many.

Mazda6s....depending on the version the manual trans take rate ranges from 13%-17%.

Now that the Fusion, Milan and Zypher are in production they have to share some parts production.
    "depending on the version the manual trans take rate ranges from 13%-17%"

Rich - was that for 05 models of the Mazda6?
    year to date thru end of september.
  • techtechtechtech Member Posts: 11
    I went the mazda dealer in Jacksonvill, FL, The manger there was sucl..i was going to buy 05 M6 5 door auto, wheel lock. the sticker price was 23 something and it has 3000 rebate and he wants to sale me 19470+++ of course i am not going to take it..also that is a demo car it has 2400 miles in it..i want to go down to 18470+++..and the manger just went crazy...said take your key and leave...i am not going to sale you the car. so i left i would not go back there...now i kida still looking for 05..i read alot message from here...i should be able to lock atleast 5000 off of msrp right?? .....i also want 06...what is the reason price on 06.....i know there a 1500 rebate for 06...i need a 5 door....by the way the dealer i went to is in atlantic blvd.....so just becareful when you go...they dont like to nego the price...
    :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    We don't really have any control over the main website, and it does seem a little strange that they don't have those numbers yet... as they do have the '06 Mazda6 MazdaSpeed numbers...

But, if you go to the main site, and click on the HELP button, you can send an e-mail to the administrator.. Maybe it is an oversight, or maybe they just aren't available yet for some reason.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• techtechtechtech Member Posts: 11
    i just got a quote from Jim Ellis Mazda in Atlanta, GA. mazda 6 05 auto/T Bose/Moonroof package. cargo matt ,Moonroof defacter. sticker price 25515 sale price after 3000 rebate is19741. it seems very good to me...but they charge 500 for dealer fee...do you guys think i am getting a good deal.?
  • jjohn40jjohn40 Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to get rid of my old car which is a pontiac grand-am O4. and I want a Mazada6 05. I have a little neg equity in my old car bout $4,000. Are there any more rebates or coupons I can take advantage of? I signed up for the zoom-zoom live to get the 500 rebate. But i need to figure out a stategy to get my dream care at a cheap price. I want the S Model with moonroof/leather. Whats a good price to buy this car in Illinois?
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    If you are 4 large under on your Grand Am, the best way for you to buy your dream Mazda6 would be to find a nice used 03 or 04 model, which will be very similar to the new 05 you are looking to buy. Unless you want to keep rolling over negative equity, that is your second best option. The first and best option, of course, is to pay down more on the Grand Am.
  • jjohn40jjohn40 Member Posts: 2
    I know its o5 any o4 rebates i can take advantage of?
  • eswjongeswjong Member Posts: 6
    I'm currently looking at a used 2004 mazda 6 sport wagon. I need to walk into the dealership with a set price point. The in service date was Jan 2005 and it only has 11,000 km (~6800 miles). It has Glacier Silver Metallic paint and a 6-speed automatic transmission. Also has 17'' Alloy Wheels and Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Compass. When I build the same car at mazda.ca it comes to a MSRP of $30,213 CND with tax and freight the total is $33,607 CND. Oh yeah, it also has after market tinted windows. The dealer is asking $23,500 CND plus tax (7% GST). History checks out with no liens. Is asking $21,000 CND out-the-door to much or too little? Any help would be great. Even U.S. prices you paid for your used wagons.
    A question I would ask myself is: Is the car equipped the way I want or am I paying for features I would normally not buy? In effect, by paying for these features you are subsidizing the dealer's choices not your choices. So, I would deduct these from the equation.

You say the car is a used 2004 and say the in service date was Jan 2005. That's a bit of a riddle, I would have thought that the car is a 2005.
  • eswjongeswjong Member Posts: 6
    Good points.

The car is a 2004 model (VIN checks out) and the in service date was Jan 05. I was wondering if it was just sitting on the initial dealer's lot and sold at a discount when the dealer had the newer '05s sitting next to it.

It is a weird package. Why they would pay for 17" alloy wheels for over a grand but not get the sports package for $900 that includes the 17" wheels is beyond me.

What do you think a decent starting price is to bargain with?
    Well, as a 2004 this vehicle has a year of depreciation; the average depreciation for many cars is somewhere between 20% and 30% in the first year. The car has very low mileage, though. So, C$21K as a starting position sounds reasonable to me. You may want to check autotrader.ca for your area to see at what price others are selling the car. If the dealer does not meet your price, ask him to throw in free service or other goodies in lieu of cash. Getting an extra set of winter tires and rims could be part of the package, for example.

p.s. Dealers would love you to come back to their service departments where they can do business with you all over again!
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    I bought the twin to this (minus the window tint and mirror ) about 6 months ago. Mine had 13k miles and I paid $15k American. I do not know the exchange rate to Canadian, but I am sure you do.

At the time there was brand new 2004's still available. Check the sticker on the inside of the drivers door to find the build date.I am not sure you are looking at a 2004 if it has a six speed automatic.All 2004's had a five speed.

Also the 17" wheels were standard on the wagon. You could not buy it with 16" wheels or a 4 cylinder for that matter.
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    My best friend bought a Mazda6 s at Jim Ellis about a month ago. It stickered for a little over $27k and he got it for $22,300.

They seem to be a pretty straight forward dealer. He had a great experience with them. He bought from the Jim Ellis location on P'tree Industial (Jim Ellis also has a Mazda dealership in Marietta).

Does your quote include the $1000 bonus cash for financing thru Mazda credit/
    Since eswjong is in Canada, the option configurations there may be different.. Just a thought on that..

regards,
    kyfdx-host

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That a possability.

They are like us , just a little different. :)
  • rebel22rebel22 Member Posts: 11
    My wife and I shopped this past Saturday and had a fantastic buying experience and got an incredible deal on a 2005 Mazda 6s.
    After much negotiating and headaches with Kerry Mazda (Cincinnati) and being kept in the dark about the deal the whole time, we went elsewhere. The finance manager would only show us a payment. My wife and I are young, 22 and 23 respectively, both college graduates and this guy just insulted us with his offer. No straight talk, wouldn't even attempt to try and let us solve for any of the variables in the equation. Didn't want to mention price at all. The salesman helping us knew that my degree was in finance but yet they still tried to pull something on us. It's the end of the month, end of the model year and they still had over 10 2005 Mazda 6's sitting on the lot and weren't willing to deal.
    We looked at other dealers in the area but none of them had what we were looking for in a 2005, most of them were gone. I called Paul Miller Mazda in Lexington, KY (80 miles from Cincinnati). I spoke with a representative over the phone discussing only price, telling them, look this is the car I want (sticker $26,563), I want 7K off the sticker... can you do it. The guy had to talk to his manager so he called me back in 5 minutes. "We can do that". I was transferred to the finance guy who would discuss the interest rate. We agreed upon a .5 point over the buy rate and in a very short period of time we had a deal. Onyx Black, black cloth, V6, 6sp auto, sport pkg, bose, moonroof. $19,563 before TTL, just an unbelievable price. The guy we signed the paperwork with told us the dealership actually lost $1500 on the sale of the car just so they could steal the deal from the other dealership.
    Great car, great buying experience and it was because of seeing some of the deals that could be had on this message board. Thanks edmunds and everyone on the board.
  • tacoboytacoboy Member Posts: 25
    I've loved these cars since they came out and I finally got mine!!! The ad in the paper advertised up to 7000 off MSRP on all 05 Mazda6's. I printed the window sticker of my ideal 6 and went to the central Ohio dealer. To my amazement they had the EXACT car I wanted. Volcanic Red Mazda6 i Hatch w/ 5 speed MT. It was also the only MT on the lot. The sticker was at around 22600. The sales manager told me that this particular car only had 5000 off MSRP (2000 rebate + 2000 dealer discount + 1000 Mazda finance rebate). They also low balled my trade by at least 1000 dollars. "Darn, not good enough" and I told the guy I'd think about it. I went home and slept on it. I got nothing done at work all day Monday driving myself crazy on what I should do. Finally I decided to take a hard line and I called them back. I told them that for me to take the deal I needed 7000 off MSRP and 9500 (up from 8500) for my trade. He said he would call back. 10 minutes later he called back and agreed to the terms as long as I got down there and bought it that night. The only almost sticking point was that the minimum amount financed to get the extra 1000 rebate was 7000 dollars. I came in just under that, but they were cool about it so I was happy. The interest rate was 7.5%, but I was not concerned about that since I will pay it off soon anyway. The buying experience was great. It's my 3rd Mazda and in my opinion those in Central Ohio should go to Mazda Direct and stay away from Byers Mazda.

Volcanic Red Mazda6 i Hatch
    5speed MT
    Black Cloth
    Wheel locks
    MSRP 22695
    Price Paid 15695.

And I love this car!!!!
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    wow less than 16K for a new 6! Talk about a deal. I've also been looking at the Mazda6 closely in hopes of getting a new ride sometime next summer. How has your experience been with your previous Mazdas in terms of reliability tacoboy? Also seems like the RX-8s are going for some sweet deals these days and I'd be more tempted to get it over the 6, except that rotary engine worries me.
    That's a really awesome deal rebel! Definitely worth the long drive if you could get a V6 M6 for less than 20K. I didn't know that the '05 came with the 6sp auto though. Did they add that into the late '05 models?
  • xeoxeo Member Posts: 10
    I've been offered 18,3k (after all rebates and incentives and with financing cash but before ttl) for a 2005 AT Glacier Silver, Sport Package in NC. You guys think I can get lower than that? Also, what kind of deals are people getting on the same features on the 06:s?

Thanks.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    > in my opinion those in Central Ohio should go to Mazda Direct and stay away from Byers Mazda.<

Hear hear. They have a good service department too (same cannot be said of Byers). Congrats on your new purchase!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • rebel22rebel22 Member Posts: 11
    I thought that it was the only automatic transmission for V6 models in 2005. A friend of mine has a 2004 with an automatic and the V6 but his is only a 4sp auto. I could be wrong but edmunds overview didn't make mention of it either.

The deals you can get on the 2005's right now are incredible. You can't get a Mazda3 with the 2.3L engine, comparably equipped, cheaper than what I got the 6s for. So far we're quite pleased.
    Yeah, my mistake on the tranny choice on the '05s. 6-sp AT and 5-sp MT are the choices. I got confused because the '06 4 banger models got the upgrade in the transmission choices. I've read some complaints about the 6-sp auto, but what do you think of it?
  • tacoboytacoboy Member Posts: 25
    My first 2 Mazda's have been very good quality. My MPV has 67K with (knock on wood) no issues. My 01 Protege had one problem with the seal on the front window (warranty), but I got rid of it after only 2 years so I can't speak to it's long term quality. The RX-8's at the dealership I went to were also advertised 7000 off. All had MSRPs between 31 and 32K.
  • hboydhboyd Member Posts: 98
    I'm looking into buying a 2006 6i 5dr now but Mazda is only offering a $500 MAC rebate. :( I know there is a "hidden" factory-to-dealer incentive on the west-coast because local dealers are discounting 2006's. Anybody know what the direct dealer incentive is on the West Coast?

Other regions like the southeast have a customer $1000 rebate on 2006 6's! What gives?
    Other regions like the southeast ...
    Do you mean hurricane territory? I imagine that dealers there would be anxious to attract customers to restore business.
    Funny you mention hurricane territory....for folks in hurricane damaged areas Mazda is offering special incentives on all mazda products...These incentives can be combined with all other incentives.

katrina disaster incentive $750
    rita disaster incentive $750
    Wilma disaster incentive $750
    for folks in hurricane damaged areas Mazda is offering special incentives on all mazda products...These incentives can be combined with all other incentives.

Bravo Mazda!
  • hboydhboyd Member Posts: 98
    Does Mazda offer this incentive to consumers? What is it? I thought only GM offered this program through test-drives.

2nd issue: Is there a Southern California Mazda mandated advertising fee now? My dealer said it's called "Los Angeles Assessment" It's tacked on to all Mazdas in this area ($150). Wow this is new to me. Never heard of Mazda charging ad fees in this region. :mad:
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    I'm about to buy an 05 Mazda 6s loaded. MSRP $27700,dealer wants $22500, What do you folks on here think I should counter offer?
    Many thanks :)
  • highwaystar1highwaystar1 Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote today on a loaded 6s wagon and it was about $5k less than MSRP including all rebates so they are being reasonably consistent. I did not press them too hard because I haven't made up my mind yet...
  • mindasmindas Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote on 2005 Mazda 6 Wagon V6, 6 sp Auto for 17250 (including 2000 rebate + 1000 financing rebate + 500 zoom zoom rebate)in MD. Is it a good deal? Invoice is 22900.
    Dude! That's $5650 under invoice! :surprise:
  • mindasmindas Member Posts: 2
    Took delivery yesterday for 20250$+1200$ tax and tags + 100$ dealer fee - 3500 (2000 public,1000 mazda financing, 500 zoom zoom)rebates.
    A V-6 wagon with all the goodies the Mazda wagon come standard with,for under $17K. Yeah , I would say you did great.
  • sebring4sebring4 Member Posts: 4
    How does $17,500 sound for a loaded 2004 wagon with 6k on the clock?
  • otisotis Member Posts: 12
    otoluva,
    You probably made/passed on the purchase already, but your deal sounds similar to mine. I got out at about the 22.5K range, but that was with tax and everything. If you haven't countered yet, try saying you will sign if that price is "out the door", then deal between the two remianing prices (22.5 OTD or 22.5 + tax/title/fees). Good luck.
    Does anyone know where I can buy them. Having no luck finding them anywhere.
    Hi sebring4..

Try asking your question here:

Mazda6 Owners: Accessories & Modifications

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• user1235user1235 Member Posts: 84
    Not exactly right, the invoice for a Mazda3 S touring w/auto and moonroof/6cd is $18669, so it would be cheaper than your 6. Lets not forget that you are talking about a 2005 compared to a 2006 Mazda3, which would depreciate less because it's a newer model year. As far as accelaration, the Mazda6 V6 is actually not faster then the 2.3L 4-cylinder Mazda3 because of the 500 pounds weight difference. Mazda3 gets 5-star crash test ratings which is at least as good as the Mazda6. Mazda3 is made in Japan, Mazda6 in the US. According to consumer reports the Mazda6 owner satisfaction is avergae and reliability is below average, while Mazda3 is much higher then average in both categories.

The real question is if you are getting more car for your money when you buy the 6 vs the 3. I think that depends if you need a larger backseat and bigger trunk, but if you don't then the only difference is the looks which can be argued either way, with some people preferring the 6 and others the 3 (I tnink both look very good).

But overall I wouldn't say that the 6 is a better buy, it just might be more suitable to people that need more room.
    "As far as accelaration, the Mazda6 V6 is actually not faster then the 2.3L 4-cylinder Mazda3 because of the 500 pounds weight difference."

Do you have some published stats to back this up? :confuse:
    kydfx,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sebring4
  • noodlesznoodlesz Member Posts: 3
    I disagree w/ the user1235 comments about the 6 vs the 3. I was looking into the 2006 3...good peppiness but certainly NOTHING compared w/ the 6cy 6s...it's got much more power, even w/ the added weight, and is smoother and has a better put together. The 3 also revs higher, and seems like it's trying to put out all this energy while the 6 cyl handles the acceleration w/ ease. Also, it's better put together, knobs and interior fit have a better feel. Only thing bad is that mirrors don't fold in from the outside on the 6.

Needless to say I got the 6s, 2005 5-door instead of the 2006 3 GT since they have that $3000 incentive and I was able to snag a awesome deal from Manhattan Mazda.

demo model, 6900 mi, no noticeable damage or wear on the car. fully loaded except for auto dim mirror and navi. has leather, luxury pkg, bose/moonroof w/ moonroof deflector, cargo mat, grey color. $22,500 before incentives. $19,500 with $3k off, plus I had a $500 zoom zoom rebate since I went to the event in NJ. So $19,000 for basically a brand new car fully loaded 6 cyl. They obviously wanted to get rid of the car because it was last year's model w/ miles and has been sitting for a bit.

I was looking at the Mazda3 Grand Touring Edition Hatch and it's probably the same price more or less, but I got a much better car. Plus availability in the color I wanted was limited in the 3. I was also looking at a new 2005 Mazda6s w/ the same options, probably could've gotten it around $21,500 w/ the 3K incentives. Didn't even bother w/ the 2006 6s since it's basically the same car, and I don't like the new wheels anyway.

Happy w/ my purchase and no probs after 750 mi or so.
  • babeautobabeauto Member Posts: 10
    Today I bit the bullet and bought a new vehicle...

I got the 2005 Mazda6 s Wagon. In addition to all the standard goodies, it aslo has the 6 speed auto trans, Bose 7 speker Sound System/6 disc CD changer/moonroof package, rear spoiler, and wheel locks .

MSRP at the dealer was 26,055..I got it for 21,000 plus 1,000 tax/title/tag...does that sound too bad?? I hope I made a great decision.

The interest rate at the dealer wasn't great, but part of the deal came with financing through them. I do have the option to refinance with anyone I want after the first 90 days if I pay on time. Most likely I'll take that opportunity, or some other way to pay it off more quickly or cheaply!