Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brerjeffbrerjeff Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info! :-)
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Don't know if I can post this here but didn't see a forum for it in the Mazda 626 forums. A friend of mine bought a 2001 626 LX automatic with 93,833 miles for $5500 out the door. Price was $4930 plus TTL. The dealer had put new tires, new windshield and few other new parts on the car. Its has a 2.0 liter engine. Moonroof, power seats, alloys. Feedback would be appreciated.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    KBB has that car in my area (Twin Cities) at about $5300 retail, if in excellent condition. So if the car is in fact in excellent condition (which means "looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.") the deal seems to be in the ballpark. In my experience, the prices on KBB run a little higher than real world. Also they tend to vary by location. (Note the private party KBB value for Good condition is about $3500.)

Anyway, the best time to ask for feedback on a deal is before it's closed. ;) Otherwise, it's done, so enjoy the car.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    LOL. I always love the people who buy a car , drive it home, put a few hundred miles on it, and then ask if they got a good deal? I guess they are just trying to make themselves miserable.
  • yuppers213yuppers213 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2009 Mazda6 S Touring with convenience package and bose/moonroof plus the homelink mirror for $23,960 (MSRP 29,300). I used Associated Credit Union of Georgia and got my financing at 3.9% for 48 months. I took a lot of negotiating, but it can be done!
  • hp08hp08 Member Posts: 1
    So I got an 09 Mazda I Grand Touring w/Bose and Nav for $23,800 (after $1000 rebates). The fees (dealer doc and tags) totaled to be $554. I'm curious what others are paying for the car with the same trim and options.
  • brerjeffbrerjeff Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2010 Mazda 6 i Touring in last weekend for $18,995 + $599 dealer fee. I couldn't find a 2009 for that price so I feel like it was a good deal.
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    Bay Area mazda dealers are offering $7,000 MSRP on the remaining 2009 Mazda6 inventory as their Labor Day Sale price. Is this a good price or is it worth waiting?
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I would suspect that they will not have the car they are advertising when you get there or it will be a demo car. If, in fact, you can get a brand spanking new Mazda6 for $7k off sticker I would jump on it. Please let us know if this is a ruse or not.
    They had all cars listed as available on mazdausa.com in stock. The combination I wanted (auto/no nav) was only available in black which really don't want. The salesman offered to sell me the grey 6i w. nav for $7K off there and then.

Now I don't know if they were going to pull any stunts once they started the paperwork as I didn't want the nav and I didn't want black, so I didn't pursue it further. But more than one dealer had the 7K off (actually 8K if you add the $1,000 loyalty discount that I am not eligible for since I don't own a Mazda), so this seems pretty legit.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Tks. I am a current 6 owner and 8k off sounds too good to be true. I'm going to try to find out more.

Anybody got any good deals on the 6 in the Chicago area recently????
  • mazda695687mazda695687 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased my 09 Mazda6 s grand touring v6 with navigation, bose/moonroof for 23,700 from Audi/Mazda of Oakland. It was advertised in their website under specials for 24,999. The salesman could only give me an additional 300 off, but I also got another 1,000 off for loyalty rebate. Total out the door price was 26,207.

Check your local dealership's websites for internet specials on the 6. By the way, forget about adding the Mazda special financing with 2000 cash back to whatever deals you find because they will tack on anywhere from 1k-4k to the advertised price. I love this car and it was worth the wait!
    That's about $9k off MSRP, right???!!!
    Saw this promo on Mazda's site, any idea what the money factor and residuals they are assuming here?

Any one know what the promo would be for a Grand Touring if at all it is applicable?
  • humblestudenthumblestudent Member Posts: 3
    Royal Motors in San Francisco offered me this deal on the

2009 MAZDA6 S, Sport SDN for $19,750 plus tax and fees.

After some emails back and forth, the salesman mentioned he didnt have the car in the showroom, and that he required a $500 deposit which is required when they are exchanging vehicles between dealers.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this, and if the price is a good one?
    Yes, it was about $9k off MSRP since I was eligible for an additional $1k Mazda loyalty rebate. Otherwise, it would have been about $8k off MSRP without the loyalty, for the s grand touring model.
  • ambrosiaambrosia Member Posts: 11
    You got a great deal.
  • rufus26pt2rufus26pt2 Member Posts: 6
    So I priced a 2009 6s GT with Moonroof/Bose and tech package. msrp is just under $31,000. the best offer I have so far is $23,014. That is invoice -$3250 factory to dealer cash-$1000 owner loyalty-$1000 additional factory cash.

How did you manage to get $9000 off? Was it from the dealer's end? I am told the dealer hold back is $750. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • humblestudenthumblestudent Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a metallic silver 09 S Touring with the Bose/moonroof option from a dealer in SF.

Total out the door price was $23,900. Is that a pretty good deal?
    MSRP for my 2009 6s GT with Navigation, Monroof/Bose and tech package was $32,790. They had an online special for $24,999, so they were asking about $7,791 off from MSRP. I was able to talk them down another $300 off from their asking price, plus I got another $1,000 off for loyalty. So the total off from MSRP was $9,091. I guess the difference here is that mine came with Navigation which is an extra $2000 option, and the dealer listed the entire package as an online special for $24,999. By the way, their advertisement is still posted on their website for $24,999 with Navi, in case anyone wants to print it out and try to get a different dealership to match (they don't have any left).

Here is the website:

http://www.mazdaofoakland.net/MiscPage_2?siteMapItemName=531A5F80937010048AE5001- 45EDEF087
  • rufus26pt2rufus26pt2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help. I thought you might know the breakdown of the discounts. I am going to try to get remote start thrown in for $23,014 +TTL. Another dealer has agreed to that but I don't like the color.
  • waterbuck1waterbuck1 Member Posts: 11
    It is pretty good relative to deals available in Alabama in June of this year.
    An iTouring with Bose/Moonroof was something I tried to get, and wound up at a total OTD price of $24,300 (after my crappy old trade it would have been 23,700).

So I think if your OTD with the more costly 6-cylinder version is at $23,900, you have done very reasonably.

In the end I let go of the need to pursue Bose/Moonroof and went for a price about $1200 lower.

congrats!
    In case anyone is still shopping for a 6s GT in the bay area, I saw a commercial advertisement last night on ch. 26 from Menlo Mazda of Redwood City. The 09 Mazda6s GTs are $8,000 off the MSRP price of $32,700 which should come with navigation.
    I heard a radio ad yesterday advertising the same deal ($7K+$1K loyalty discount) off MSRP at Oaktree & Capitol Mazda (both in San Jose). They are holding firm on the loyalty part so I'm not biting.
    Pulled the trigger today, had to drive a bit but got the $8K off MSRP.
    $22,340 + CA taxes/registration

Black/Black Leather
    Moonroof
    Nav

Very nice so far!

They have another one with the same deal but it's an S (6 cyl)
    Also, another dealer was offering $7.5K off without the NAV

Get the 2009s while they last!
  • ravikravik Member Posts: 1
    Last weekend i bought 2009 Mazda6 i Grand Touring and got 8000$ off from MSRP at Antioch Mazda.

very nice sofar
  • briandieselbriandiesel Member Posts: 1
    I live in the northeast and am currenly looking at a 2009 Mazda6 S GT with bose/moonroof, spoiler, and wheel locks. MSRP is $31,200 and I was told it will be $24,200 otd so basically $7k off MSRP. That price includes the $1k loyalty rebate. I was told that with the dealer cash I wasn't eligible for the $1500 rebate and 2.9% financing. I'd appreciate any feedback!!
  • acadaacada Member Posts: 5
    I too am located in the North East and just pulled the trigger on an '09 sGT with Moonroof & Bose for $23,600 + tax and tags. MSRP on this car is $30,790.
    I was able to get a set of all weather mats thrown in, that's about it. Could not get the 0% financing either. I guess I did OK....but not as good as those guys out on the west coast. :(
  • hack2hack2 Member Posts: 6
    What dealers in the Northeast were offering these numbers?
  • acadaacada Member Posts: 5
    These are dealers in NY and NJ
    I am from NY. What dealer did you get the $23,600 price from? I was offered a floor model for $23,990.
    Just pulled the trigger on an '09 sGT with Moonroof & Bose for $23,575 + tax and tags. MSRP on this car is $30,790. Last one left on lot. Checked around a few scattered across the Tri State region. Dealer was unsure if incentives would be carried over next month for the 2009s. Not sure if he was being straight but I wasn't willing to take a chance.
  • atxmazda6atxmazda6 Member Posts: 2
    Got a base model as a 3rd vehicle from dealer in Austin TX (Roger Beasley), the deal went rather smooth. The dealership cut $1,500 off the price. The only hiccup was the salesman was a bit harried when we visited and re-visited. He was handling 2 customers at the same time. Also, the salesman/F & I guy failed to tell all the paperwork they needed to set the deal, so I've had to go back to the dealership with follow up paperwork. Overall, I'm satisfied, no pressure tactics and the dealerhip beat my pre-arranged financing.
  • mrchuck1mrchuck1 Member Posts: 21
    Bought it at Mike Pile Mazda in Tyler, TX. Aug 27, 2009 for 25k. Has everything except navigation.
    A wonderful road car as the trip to Calif and back demonstrated. Super mileage as high as 34 and never below 32. Tons of power for a 4 cyl.
    Total quietness from air at Interstate speeds.
    Changing the oil and filter myself, you will notice how easy it is due to the Mazda engineers have a hole thru the bottom engine cover for the drain plug and filter.
    Great thought here.
    The car is flawless for me, and the wife just loves it too.
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    Tried to buy a 6s Touring in Indianapolis last spring, but by the time I got in front of the F & I man the payment was quite a bit higher than what the salesman said... they kept jerking me around to the point that I walked out in disgust. I re-evaluated everything and ended up with the car originally I wanted, a Pontiac G8, at the price I wanted to pay. So Mazda lost a 6 sale because the dealer wanted to f**k me more than they wanted to move a unit.
  • boeayaboeaya Member Posts: 14
    Hi there I am in TX as well is your price for Mazda 6 that you have mention is OTD?
    How's the car so far?

Thanks,
    Hi boeaya,,,, the window sticker price was 29,300 plus or minus.
    Then you add the sales tax, license, documents fee, etc.
    Then you deduct 1000 for a discount, deduct my trade-in of approx 4500.
    This out the door price came to 25,000. I shook hands on this price.
    The deal went great, as this dealer is a stand-up dealer in Tyler, Tx.

I was in Tyler last week to go to Sam's Club. The Mazda 6 has a super huge trunk, the back seats fold down, and I had tons of room, like a station wagon.
    This was one of the reasons I bought the car.
    My salesman was Ron Moore, and I consider him a friend now. I even stopped by and said Hi to him at the dealership on the loop..
    bye,,,,,
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    That was an object lesson in why you can not rely on anyone's report of the price that they paid, whether they call it "OTD" or not. It appears the actual deal was a discount of less than $1000 from MSRP, since you have to add back in the "document fee" and of course the trade in.
  • sliver93sliver93 Member Posts: 10
    I got mine from Courtesy Mazda in Longmont, CO and they were great to work with. They gave me more for my 03 Maxima trade in than anyone else was willing to do, and gave me his best and final number right over the phone. I spent less than an hour in the dealership, it's so nice not bickering for hours with dealerships like we used to.
    I wrote them a check for $21,200 for my loaded (no Nav) GTs including the $1,200 10/100 extended warranty after my $5,700 trade.
  • boeayaboeaya Member Posts: 14
    I have a standing offer at this point about $25.5k before TT&L the only option on it was the tech package, but stock for i GT is rare in the metroplex, another thing is they increase the price if I am going to take the special finance rate for some reason :confuse: . That's new to me.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    You probably get to choose between a rebate and special financing, that is very common.
    Here it is almost 4 months past since I bought my 2010 Mazda 6i GT, got 6100 miles on it now and still love this car. Just washed it, no dings, scratches and the red mica finish is just outstanding. The Michelin tires and the ride is so smooth. I have the 6 months free Sirius radio sub and love the Bose sound system. I will have to re-new the subscription soon, and guess I will since I like the Bose so much.

I can't imagine any Lexus be any more luxurious than this Mazda 6 GT.
    I have the 2009 and 1.5 months into it and love the car. The ride and comfort level in all seats is terrific. The trunk is very roomy. Overall a fine car.

Had it not been for the following drawbacks the 6 would be competitive with much pricier luxo mobiles (Lexus, Infiniti, MBz).

1. The sound system is somewhat overrated. The sound quality in my previous ride (2006 Lincoln Zephyr aka MKZ was far better. Even more irritating is that it doesn't tell you what track is playing on the radio. My wife's 2002 GMC w. Bose does.

2. The Nav. is simply not worth $2K. A cheap handheld nav has more POIs and does better.

3. The bluetooth sound quality (outgoing) is not great (or so my callers tell me, I hear them fine).

4. The lack of a separate clock is silly (they use the clock display interchangeably with the mpg, miles driven etc). The Nav shows the time too but in a rather pedestrian manner. I liked the separate analog clock in the Zephyr (and my previous Saab & Infiniti).

5. The darkness sensor kicks in too early, so the Nav display becomes unreadable in the early evenings.

6. The phonebook memory is full even after I erase it.

(I suspect the last 2 are fixable with a trip to the dealer).
  • yourapprovedyourapproved Member Posts: 8
    Hello, I have a mazda3 and I want to lease a mazda6 this Wednesday. My lease expires Wednesday. We have gotten 3 mazda3s from this dealership in 2008. so now they are offering me mazda6 for $249 + tax on 42monhts 10k miles. Sign an drive. To me that does not sound like a good deal since we got 3 cars from them in 1yr. Does anyone have any idea it that sounds about right. I really need a shorter term and 15k miles. I can take a base model. I live in Palm Beach County. Please let me know what should be paying on sign and drive with A+ credit for mazda6 base model. 15k miles and 24 or 36 month lease. thanks
  • sfogvipersfogviper Member Posts: 6
    Just got back from an unproductive visit to a dealer in Las Vegas. Going for a 2010 6s GT, tech package with no nav. MSRP was $31,370 and they wouldn't go below $30,900. Also they were only giving me $4300 on my 2004 Mazda6 trade-in, which KBB had listed at $5100 (which I told them, and they didn't seem to care). Disappointing...
    Las Vegas dealers think all customers are high-rollers, so no deals.

Go to the greater Los Angeles area to shop!

I would e-mail all the Mazda dealers there and work up a tenative deal, then go visit them.

Good Luck!! :blush:
  • amty007amty007 Member Posts: 9
    Gurus,

I'm interested in buying a 2010 Mazda MAZDA6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A). I made an internet offer for $24,000 before TT&L. The car dealer replied back saying that they are willing to take my offer, however some conditions apply:
    The vehicle will likely have 150-300 miles it. I'll have to show my exisiting Honda Accord registration (customers who currently lease or own a Nissan, Toyota, or Honda, get an additional $500 rebate). The car must be delivered by the close of business on Monday (2-1-2010). I will have to opt for the 0% APR & a $500 deposit towards downpayment. The effective selling price of the car would be $24,000 after incentives and rebates. I'm a bit concerned with those 150-300 miles but don't think that it should be considered a deal breaker. Also the TMV pricing report on Edmunds.com shows a total price of $25,902 (under what others are paying). What do you think? Should I go to the dealer & explore this opportunity or try for a lower offer somewhere else? Thanks in advance for your suggestions & advice.
    Don't "worry" about the 150 to 300 miles on it.The dealers all move cars around to each other for trials, etc.

The deal seems sounds real good for a V-6 in it. That option is over 4000 dollars alone.
    If it has the color, interior, and options you want, and the payments are within your range, then you will be a happy driver, and a very happy owner, and won't regret the purchase of a NEW 2010 car!!!

The driving experience you will have will be better than any car you have ever thought of owning, I assure you. Remember, the V-6 is a rocket ship,,0 to 60 in 6 seconds!!!
  • sfogvipersfogviper Member Posts: 6
    Agreed that the mileage is negligible - that's probably less than a week's worth of driving (for me at least).

To make sure I understand...

Selling price (not counting rebates or downpayment): 25,500
    Downpayment; 500
    Honda owner rebate: 500
    Customer cash: 500 (you didn't mention this, but that's the current offer with the 0% APR, so I'm making an assumption here?)
    Net price before TT&L: 24,000

If that's the case, then I'd say it's an OK price, but not super great. Not sure if you'd be able to do better.

If they're not including the customer cash in there, I'd make them include it, get it down to 23,500 and take it. But that's me!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The price may vary depending on where you live, but CarsDirect has the MZ6 x Touring Plus priced at $23,824. You might want to check it out for comparison.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT