Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    I noticed a couple of other quicks in Edmunds 04 Mazda6 pricing as well. I suspect the Mazda sheet is correct, though it appears that they have not updated it in a while.
  • Options
    melf888melf888 Member Posts: 1
    I've tried Ebay but no result. I am going to purchase an MPV in the next week.

Is there anybody outthere who can give it me or trade it?
  • Options
    mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    I think I still have mine.
  • Options
    nnasbynnasby Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2003 Mazda 6s. It was a demo and has about 5700 miles on it. It has the sport package, 5 speed AT, leather package, comort package, bose sound system, power moonroof, and wheel locks. I paid $21495 after the $1000 incentive. Doc fees were $52.

Good price?
  • Options
    ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    What was the original MSRP?
  • Options
    MSRP is $26,045
  • Options
    thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    I think it's decent, but not great. For comparison, mine was bought in September for $23,600 (invoice), but then I was able to deduct $1,000 loyalty, $250 Mazda credit rebate (for going with them, 0% for 5 yrs), and a $250 Rev-It-Up coupon. My car:

* 6s AT
    * Appearance
    * Bose
    * Leather & Comfort
    MSRP was ~$26,050

You have to decide if the 5,000 miles are going to be bad for your car, given the way testers like to drive demos. Hard. It would be great if you could price out a similar car that is NOT a demo. How much do you save vs. that one?
    Good luck. BTW, you won't regret the purchase. Granted, of course, that you check out that it has NO RUST. (Check the Mazda6 board.) IMPORTANT!!
  • Options
    jbahjbah Member Posts: 23
    After a few weeks of shopping, research, and the like this is what i found,,,

Edmunds rocks, consumer reports rocks, and NEVER BE AFRAID to walk out of a dealer because you get a better price shopping online and getting on the phone. I found that using the internet has had dealers fighting over me to buy a car,,,which feels kinda good,,,remember its your money they want! DONT JUMP INTO A CAR YOU DONT ABSOLUTELY LOVE,,,get the color and options you want and you will not regret it.

I had a deposit on a Black 6s last week,,,until I searched Mazda's updated site for the steel grey i really wanted and found one that hadn't even been delivered yet,,,I called that dealer and they researched it and found out it was coming in in two weeks,,not the 6-8 the other dealer said it would take.,,,and they gave me a better price (minus 500 bucks) and I am being treated without pressure that I have the 5speed, options and color i want. NEVER LISTEN TO DEALERS,,,do your own research and get the invoice price from consumer reports and edmunds and price up exactly the model you want and start negotiating from the invoice up and NOT THE MSRP DOWN!

Although I have a couple of days until I get mine,,,I feel like Im done, I got the color I wanted and the price I wanted and check for updates on rebates and incentives daily until the day you buy. Everything changes quickly and someone can always find the model you want with the options you want.....Edmunds and CR give good advice,,,,take heed!

Also, if your financing throught the dealer, take into consideration that they will get the interest on the car which will bring you up around sticker regardless after the loan is paid off,,,it doesn't hurt to get the most off the sticker (2500K>?) as possible.

Im getting a '04 6s 5speed MAN, with sports pack, lux pack, bose, sunroof, side & curtain airbags, for 23.5,,(INVOICE IS 23.520) ,plus tax, tags, etc,,,seems to be a good deal to me from what i found. I am trying to get a couple of other things thrown in,,,like extra all weather mats, the auto dim mirror or maybe a car cover,,once you got them low enough on price,,try for some goodies,,,! GOOD LUCK,,,,
  • Options
    I did price out new ones and they were about $3000 more than what I paid. Its great that you qualified for all those incentives, but I knew I would not. I never had a Mazda for the loyalty, I didn't have a Rev-it up coupon and the financing options right now were 0% if you put $10k down, which I didn't have. However, I did find out later that we qualify for the graduate rebate so we will be getting another $500 back.

I also wanted a 2003 and this was the only dealer in my metropolitan area that had a 2003 with the exact colors and options I wanted, so I was willing to pay a little more to make sure I got the car I wanted (of course the dealer did not know this.)

Anyway, I bought the car and I love it, so I am not going to worry about the price too much (and so far no rust!!!). I was just curious if people thought it sounded like a fair price. I paid $2500 under invoice and the 5000 miles don't bother me too much. My uncle is a mechanic and I had him check out the car. Oh and I found out it wasn't technically a demo car, one of the dealers was driving it as their car.
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    so long as you are happy, we are happy.
    Enjoy the Zoom Zoom experience.
    Other cars only give the ZZZZ experience :)
  • Options
    wsm6674wsm6674 Member Posts: 7
    What, exactly, is required for the grad rebate? How long ago can you have graduated and still qualify? For the loyalty rebate, what are the qualifications? Can I buy an 88 323 for a couple hundred a week before my purchase and still the $1,000 rebate?
  • Options
    you can, if the loyalty rebate is still on.
  • Options
    Yes. Get the title to an old Mazda junker (just show them the registration, insurance invoice, or pink slip) for any money, ang get the loyalty rebate. As for recent graduate, that's anything within the last 2 years. As for Rev-It-Up, do a search on the main Mazda6 board for "R-I-U coupon"), and ask those who still have it. It's worth $250!
  • Options
    matty123matty123 Member Posts: 2
    I've been working with dealership for months, trying to get a V6 with manual trans (2003). Could not agree on price, and now settled for 6i with sports package, moonroof, etc. Bought car for $20,061. Can't believe I'm paying 20k for a 4 cyl. Based on Edmunds price listing...this seems way too much. Any thoughts? (I pick the car up tomorrow)
  • Options
    ian2ian2 Member Posts: 168
    I got my 6i fully loaded for 22.9. You probably got a good deal. What was the MSRP?
  • Options
    carbonnicarbonni Member Posts: 33
    I think the loyalty cash is no longer offered. Somebody, correct me if I am wrong!
  • Options
    rponsetirponseti Member Posts: 35
    I was wondering - I have been watching the inventory of 6's at several dealrships in my area. Would I get a better deal at a dealership that has lots of 2003 6's (around 50) and has been selling a few; or at a dealership with not as many (15 or so) and hasn't sold one in a month? That's even if the inventory on the Mazda website is accurate.

Also, I just configured a 6 here at Edmunds and the TMV is now below invoice. I haven't noticed that before. What's up with that?
  • Options
    matty123matty123 Member Posts: 2
    The MSRP for my 6i was $21755.
    Included pkgs: 1SE, Premium, & moonroof.
  • Options
    combustible1combustible1 Member Posts: 264
    maybe the latest $500 incentive (seperate from the $2000 incentive), which I think somebody said it was a dealer incentive, is being split, with some of that amount going to the consumer in the form of a cheaper invoice starting point?

As far as which dealer to shop at.. try 'em both!!
  • Options
    combustible1combustible1 Member Posts: 264
    their price is about $225 under invoice, not including the $2000 rebate.

As it states there, there is a $500 dealer incentive from the manufacturor. This money can be used any way the dealer sees fit. If they want to split or give it all as an additional discount to the carbuyer, they can.

It also says that it expires on December 1st. I would imagine that the Mazda website would have this info too.
  • Options
    I would suggest going to whatever dealers that have the configuration you want. Get their best prices, compare and decide. Get them to compete for your business.
  • Options
    So there is an additional $500 on 2003 going to the dealers? I wasn't aware of that. I don't see that here on Edmunds. Sounds like some good deals to be had. Have to check for rust though! What about financing rates? What's a good rate right now on 2003?
  • Options
    arnie8arnie8 Member Posts: 1
    2 weeks ago I bought a new steel grey Mazda 6 with a V6 and 5 spd in Irving, Tx. The list was $21,700 and I got it for $15,200 because it had some hail dinks.
  • Options
    aperry1aperry1 Member Posts: 13
    About two weeks ago, I got a Mazda 6i fully loaded, leather, moonroof, Bose, Comfort, Premium, and Sports Package for $19,000. It only had about 23 miles on it when I got it. I wanted Steel Grey, Lapis Blue, or Onyx Black, but the dealer only had three loaded like I wanted; Redfire Metallic, Peformance White, or Speed Yellow.
  • Options
    jradackjradack Member Posts: 10
    I think I got juked at the dealership into paying too much for the extended warranty. I paid $1240 or there abouts for 72/100000 with $500 deductable. Seemed kind of high but I was caught up into the excitement of the new car. Now I found I could have gotten the same deal on a $200 deductable or have gotten the deal through an online Mazda warranty for $999. Does anyone know if I can go back to the dealership and get my money back on the warranty since I haven't used it yet? It doesn't kick in until 60,000 when the factory warranty runs out. Thanks for your help. I also am dealing with them about terrible sound out of the rear speakers, anyone else having that problem on the Mazda 6s?
  • Options
    Yeah, you got robbed. Extended warranties are a big mark-up item at car dealers, and they count on the excitement of the moment to distract you from thinking straight. The F&I guy who slipped it to you probably makes more than any salesperson on the staff. If you call the dealer they will probably say no you can't get a refund, but it's worth a try. You might also call the warranty company and ask them (assuming it's a third-party warranty). If you can't do anything about it you will have to chalk it up to experience and try not to get ripped-off next time. Unfortunately a lot of car dealers depend on the naivity and trustfullness of buyers to make their profits.
    In some states there is a "cooling off" period for stuff like that but I don't know if it would apply in this case and you may be out of the cooling off time limit anyway. I see you're in CA which is good because they usually have pretty good consumer protection laws. Check it out.
  • Options
    You're in luck. CA has a 60 day cancellation period for Service Contracts on new cars! If I were you I'd get my money back and shop around for the best price on a real Mazda extended warranty.

See:
    http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/k-6.html

quote:
    "Service Contracts

For used cars, home appliances, and home electronic products -- 30 day cancellation period (CC 1794.41(a)(4)(A)).

For new motor vehicles -- 60 day cancellation period (CC 1794.41(a)(4)(A)).

For any type of goods, pro-rata refund less penalty -- indefinite cancellation period (CC 1794.41(a)(4)(B))."
  • Options
    Better yet, I would cancel it outright, and not look for any other insurance seller. Beside the rust thing, I don't really think the 6 is going to need that kind of insurance. You are really paying for something that you may not need ever. Like the previous post said, extended warranty is more often than not a big profit center for the dealer. When I hesitated at their offer, the F&I guy immediately dropped $400 just to get me. That prompted me to decline it altogether. Besides, you can always get it later (4 or 5 years down the road); everybody is trying to sell it to you. Keep the cash!
  • Options
    if you plan to keep your car one day/one mile more than the standard warranty, it will more than pay for itself.

eg. Power window regulators failing, Auto transmission problems, Gasket problems, not to mention Rust problems, bearings(yes..they are covered in Mazda ext warranty), Alternators.....
  • Options
    and they quote
    7years/100,000 $100 ded. at $1277
    7years/100,000 $0 ded. at $1652

Premier Advantage Exclusions:

Carburetor, battery, standard transmission clutch assembly, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, distributor cap and rotor, safety restraint systems (including air bags), glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, fuses, circuit breakers, cellular phones, television/vcr (optional), game centers, electronic transmitting/receiving devices, global positioning / navigation systems (optional), voice recognition systems, brake rotors and drums, all exhaust components, and the following emission components: egr purge valve/solenoids, vacuum canister, vapor return canister, vapor return lines/valves, air pump/lines/valves, catalytic converter/filtering/sensors, emission vapor sensors, weather strips, trim, moldings, bright metal chrome, upholstery and carpet, paint, outside ornamentation, bumpers, body sheet metal and panels, frame and structural body parts, vinyl and convertible tops, any convertible top assemblies, hardware or linkages, tires (except as may otherwise be provided under mechanical coverage), wheel/rims. External nuts, bolts and fasteners are not covered unless specifically listed under mechanical coverage (except where required in conjunction with a covered repair).

For maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle's owner's manual as supplied by the manufacturer and other normal maintenance services and parts which include, but are not limited to: alignments, adjustments, wheel balancing, tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, hoses, drive belts, brake pads, brake linings/shoes, and wiper blades. Filters, lubricants, coolants, fluids and refrigerants will be covered only if replacement is required in connection with a breakdown.

*** EVERYTHING ELSE IS COVERED ***

Additional benefits and service:

Roadside Assistance Program for the entire term of your policy
    Repairs are paid to the repair facility of your choice by major credit card or corporate check
    Seals and gasket Coverage
    State and local taxes are paid where applicable
    Diagnostics for covered repairs
    Fluid replacement for covered repairs
    Rental allowance
    Towing and road service - $50 to $100 per occurrence
    Trip interruption - Up to $500 per occurrence. $100 per day for 5 days
    Emergency lock-out service - $35 per occurrence
    Flat tire assistance
    Fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery service
    Online claim filing capability
    Claim filing 24 hours a day / 365 days a year
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Check out the warranty gold thread under finance and warranties. If It's not from the manufacturer don't buy it!
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Based on the HUGE problems we have had with non-manufacturer warranties, your just asking for problems...I could fill a full page of warranty companies that have gone out of business and the so called insurance policies to cover things afterwards never seems to come true....

The other thing is a mazda extended warranty will be honored at ALL mazda dealers. ...if somebody comes into most dealerships with a mystery brand warranty the customer is often required to pay upfront for the repair out of their own pocket and they have to chase the warranty company for the money...or they have to find a dealership that will honor the mystery warranty...this can when you really need the warranty the most!!

We are dealing with a warranty company now called pro-tech that is in receivership and the insurance policy to cover the claims is based in the cayman islands....we don't expect to see a dime.
  • Options
    I bought the Mazda extended warranty 72/100000 with a $50 ded. for $1350. I got the guy to drop almost $600 from the price sheet that he showed me. I am someone who keeps my cars until they are dead. I know I will get my money out of this deal. I am sure that enough will go wrong with the car in the next 100K to cover my $1350. $1300 didn't break me and at least it gave me piece of mind.
  • Options
    People should keep in mind that the price of a Mazda extended warranty is negotiable and it can be bought from ANY Mazda dealer. If it's like most other car makers, you can buy it any time up until the standard warranty expires.
  • Options
    for a Mazda6 factory extended Warranty for 7yrs/100k miles, 0 deductible?

AudiA8q(rich), could you help me here?

and what is the best rate I can get?
  • Options
    I was told that you can buy the Mazda extended warranty at a later time, but the prices do go up since you will be buying a warranty on a used car, not a new one.
  • Options
    Anyone have a coupon that they aren't using? I could use one. I'm looking to get a 6I before the end of the month. You can email me at rponseti@yahoo.com thanks.
  • Options
    superbonesuperbone Member Posts: 26
    I could use one as well. Anybody else? Thanks in advance.

steveco3@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    Try eBay. I've already given mine away for an MPV purchase.
  • Options
    ctpk1ctpk1 Member Posts: 1
    Found a 6i with auto, prem pkg, abs pkg. the dealer is still quoting me 19800. Like I cant find the invoice online. Problem is I would love to trade my car in! Not sure what they will give me. Invoice is around 19400 but TMV pricing is 18950. Should I get this any further. Not looking for extended warr, etc. Found the exact car in the color I want and need one in the next few weeks! thanks!
  • Options
    selenitselenit Member Posts: 1
    Hi to All, I'm looking to buy a 2003 6s within the next couple of weeks. I only care about having a power moonroof as an option. Unfortunately all the dealers in my area only have 6s with the 1SE package, which automatically disqualify the car for the $2000 rebate. Does anybody know about any other incentives aside the recent graduate and Rev it up that can be applied to a 6s with the sport package?
  • Options
    I bought a 2003 6s about 3 weeks ago with the sports package and got a $1000 rebate.
  • Options
    mrlukepleasemrlukeplease Member Posts: 1
    late last month:
    '03
    Steel gray
    Sports
    Comfort
    ...every significant option except the autodim/homelink mirror, alarm upgrade, and wheel locks.

$20,100. Local dealer had a $5K Off MSRP sale, which put him right around invoice price.
  • Options
    "$20,100. Local dealer had a $5K Off MSRP sale, which put him right around invoice price."

Invoice is approximately 90% of MSRP, so did the dealer add on a couple thousand dollars worth of packs before they took off the $5000? Can you clarify?
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    probably includes rebates.
  • Options
    midwesttradermidwesttrader Member Posts: 291
    Bought one last Friday night:

6s, Redfire Metallic/Black, 5MT, sport pkg, luxury pkg, moonroof, Bose, SABAC, etc. MSRP = $26030.

Paid 23536 (invoice)+ 500 (markup)+ 200 (regional advertising fee)+ 77 (doc fee) - 500 (rebate) - 250 (rev it up) = $23,563 out the door with 2.9% financing.

I tried on the advertising fee but they just would not budge. Overall I think I got an OK deal. My build date is 10/03, there was no evidence of rust anywhere on the car.
  • Options
    ffliuffliu Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2003 Mazda 6i (AT, Blue) in Redwood City, CA. The list was $20,020 and I got it for $16,604 (OTD).
  • Options
    Is that with tax, title, license and everything? Sounds pretty good. Was it hard to negotiate?
  • Options
    Good deal! I wonder what's the cheapest anyone has gotten a 6 for. Can anyone beat that price out the door? I know that's on a 6I with auto, but I'm still interested in the lowest price.