Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ctpk1ctpk1 Posts: 1
    Found a 6i with auto, prem pkg, abs pkg. the dealer is still quoting me 19800. Like I cant find the invoice online. Problem is I would love to trade my car in! Not sure what they will give me. Invoice is around 19400 but TMV pricing is 18950. Should I get this any further. Not looking for extended warr, etc. Found the exact car in the color I want and need one in the next few weeks! thanks!
  • Hi to All, I'm looking to buy a 2003 6s within the next couple of weeks. I only care about having a power moonroof as an option. Unfortunately all the dealers in my area only have 6s with the 1SE package, which automatically disqualify the car for the $2000 rebate. Does anybody know about any other incentives aside the recent graduate and Rev it up that can be applied to a 6s with the sport package?
  • nnasbynnasby Posts: 7
    I bought a 2003 6s about 3 weeks ago with the sports package and got a $1000 rebate.
  • late last month:
    '03
    Steel gray
    Sports
    Comfort
    ...every significant option except the autodim/homelink mirror, alarm upgrade, and wheel locks.

$20,100. Local dealer had a $5K Off MSRP sale, which put him right around invoice price.
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    "$20,100. Local dealer had a $5K Off MSRP sale, which put him right around invoice price."

Invoice is approximately 90% of MSRP, so did the dealer add on a couple thousand dollars worth of packs before they took off the $5000? Can you clarify?
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    probably includes rebates.
  • Bought one last Friday night:

6s, Redfire Metallic/Black, 5MT, sport pkg, luxury pkg, moonroof, Bose, SABAC, etc. MSRP = $26030.

Paid 23536 (invoice)+ 500 (markup)+ 200 (regional advertising fee)+ 77 (doc fee) - 500 (rebate) - 250 (rev it up) = $23,563 out the door with 2.9% financing.

I tried on the advertising fee but they just would not budge. Overall I think I got an OK deal. My build date is 10/03, there was no evidence of rust anywhere on the car.
  • ffliuffliu Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2003 Mazda 6i (AT, Blue) in Redwood City, CA. The list was $20,020 and I got it for $16,604 (OTD).
  • Is that with tax, title, license and everything? Sounds pretty good. Was it hard to negotiate?
  • Good deal! I wonder what's the cheapest anyone has gotten a 6 for. Can anyone beat that price out the door? I know that's on a 6I with auto, but I'm still interested in the lowest price.
  • I purchased a 2004 Mazda 6S last week in Pennslyvania. Talked the dealer down to $125 over invoice. But the day before I bought it I found out a family member works for an affiliate of Ford and got special pricing. Paid $92 under invoice, based on Edmunds numbers.

Options included:
    Luxury Package
    Sport Package w/ spoiler
    Power Moonroof
    Bose
    Side AB & AC
    5 Spd Maual

Out the door = $23,388.00
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    Out the door = $23,388.00 ....including TTL?

That is a steal!!!
  • Figured after the comment made about no postings here I would add mine............
    Glacier silver 6s auto
    Value sport package with spoiler(I liked this because it allowed me to pick interior color)
    Leather
    Sunroof
    Comfort Package
    Wheel locks
    10 year 100k powertrain warranty
    Out the door $21447
  • Forgot to add tax, title, license...

Tax = $ 1,403
    T+L = $ 120

OTD = $24,911

After driving it for a week I probably would have paid a $1,000 more. It's a great car.
    OTD = $24,911

now that is in line what I was expecting. Good deal anyway. you cannot go wrong with s-plan anyway.
  • I really want a Mazda6 2004 or 03 with sports package with the $500 rebate and that low interest rate deal that they have until december. Anyways i dont want to deal with the rust so i want to know which mazda6s dont have the rust issue? I'm from Miami Florida btw. Thanks.
    Currently there appears to be a discrepancy between the Mazda reported range of VINs for the affected vehicles and what actual owners are reporting. Some owners that are not in the official range have rust. So, in answer to your question, there is no way to know if a particular car will have the problem, except to buy it and wait to see if it rusts.

It will probably be a few more months before this all shakes out and we know which cars are "safe" and which are not.
  • Hello I am pretty new to this forum, however I have already been following this forum for some time already. I am just wondering if there is any buyer of mazda 6 out there who are disappointed with the rebates?

I do understand that rebates are always good because there will be more potential buyers who will start looking at mazda products. Buyers like it too because they can save some money from rebates. But rebates has the bad side too for those buyers who bought their cars early before there was any rebate.

This is so upsetting me because I bought my car in early May before there is any rebate (If I am not wrong, Mazda rebates only started in June). I missed the rebates because I bought the car less than 2 months earlier. Now, if i were to sell the car, I would have to count the depreciation plus the rebates (which I have never enjoyed). SIGH. Is there anybody out there who experience the same thing with me? If you are, please kindly contact me and together we can petition Mazda.

I have changed cars many times. Most of the time, I bought Japanese cars like Nissan, Toyota and Honda. Actually this is my first time buying a Mazda. From my experience, Japanese manufacturers do not tend to give much rebates on their new products. For example, you do not see any factory rebate on the new Honda accord. Even if you do, they are merely a few hundred bucks and not in thousands. I thought this would be the same when i bought my Mazda 6. But I was disappointed when Mazda introduced a $1500 rebates in June for their brand new Mazda 6 which only debuted last December. In August they increased the rebate to $2000 and now the rebates are up to $2500 for a brand new 2003 Mazda 6. To make things worse, i paid cash when I bought my car.

I had tried to talk to one of the Mazda customer service about it without expecting much result. As expected, they say that would be impossible as they are not supposed to break any contract sales. Why would Mazda wants to lose its money that is already in their pocket. How I wish I had gone with the Nissan Altima or Honda Accord as my father had suggested. They cost about the same at that time. SIGH In Mazda website, they claims "And it's that way today as we continue to build on our reputation as a leader in the industry, gaining an extremely loyal following of repeat customers along the way" I wonder if they will ever be able to live up to it.
  • In Aug 2001, we bought 2002 Mountaineer, no rebates, $400 over invoice. 9/11 happened & all of a sudden $2500 rebates. Barely month past our purchase. Nothing you can do - price we pay for wanting redesigned or new model cars.
  • Just picked this up last week.

2003 6s, Onyx Black
    * Manual Trans
    * Sports Package
    * Leather Seats
    * Comfort Package
    * Power Moonroof
    * Side Airbags
    * Bose Audio/6 CD Changer

Before Rebate: $ 23,186.00 ($200 under invoice)
    Rebate: $ 1,500.00

Before TTL: $ 21,686.00

California DMV was about $500!!! Arnold already rolled it back, but the dealer said "they hadn't got anything official from the DMV so they HAD to charge it. Otherwise they'd be risking their butts..." sure..whatever, they just want the cash now so they can day-trade with it probably.

I also got the extended warranty, 7 year/100K for $1295. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. California law allows you to refund extended warranties within 2 months of purchase, I think.

Thoughts? Hope this helps.

PS... This car was built in 6/03, and it's been sitting on the lot for about 4-5 months they said. No rust. They said the rust is a mid-west thing (acid rain, etc..), not sure if that's true.
  • otoluvaotoluva Posts: 143
    Congrats, great car for great price, enjoy.
    Did you get a Mazda extended warranty? If not, I would get the refund.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    what was the MSRP?

many dealers are promoting net savings of near 5 k across the board on 6's.
  • MSRP:
    The MSRP was $25,665. I also forgot ULEV ($100), it's a required option on CA cars. There were defintely deeper discounts on the 6i or non-sports package models.

EXTENDED WARRANTY:
    I'm still confused about this warranty. I checked the contact and it doesn't explicitly say anything about Mazda being the contractor. The "Contractor's Administrator" is AutoGard in Santa Ana, CA. Is this a 3rd party extended warranty? I had a 87 Toyota Supra, and I didn't have any non-wear & tear repair until it hit 160K. But then again, this is a Mazda built by Ford with a Ford engine...makes me a bit uneasy.
    Any other helpful comments about the warranty?
    Based on that I would say that you have a 3rd party warranty and not a Mazda extended warranty. If I was in your position I would get a refund and buy the Mazda warranty.
    get a Mazda Warranty.

BTW, you got a too good of a deal. I am jealous.
  • grotsgrots Posts: 2
    Got my 2003 6i auto last monday.
    Not sure about out of the door, but after rebate I got it for $15500 with sticker price being $20020.
     Also bought a paint protection from dealer for $150, I think i could get it for less than that, but i was in a hurry to get behind the weel (you know the feeling :) ).
     Did I do OK?
    That's a good deal, but actually you got it for $15650 becuase the paint protection you paid extra for is probably worthless. Dealers count on the excitement of the moment to cause you to buy stuff like that.
  • grotsgrots Posts: 2
    "the paint protection you paid extra for is probably worthless."

You might be right, even though they said they were going to put some kind of protective coating on it and give me 5 year warranty on any kind of weather damage (especialy rust, wich is a big issue here in WI)...
    Yeah I know about the rust, Appleton is my home town.