Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Frontier

tinatina Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Nissan
I am interested in the new Nissan Frontier Crew
Cab, but am having difficulty getting the dealer
invoice price from anyone. It's a 2000 model. The
dealers aren't wanting to budge from MRSP. Anyone
having better luck or have any comments about the
Crew Cab? Thanks

Comments

• plymouth1plymouth1 Member Posts: 14
    I emailed the Edmunds editor to find out when they will have the info. Will post if I get a response. I am also interested in it, but will not pay more than $100 over invoice. The dealer will get 3.5% back from Nissan and that's plenty. If they try to get sticker they will have a lot of them sitting on the lots. With Ford and Dodge versions due soon it won't pay for them to think they have the market cornered.
  • TakaTaka Member Posts: 4
    Check the Nissan Truck topic in this forum. They have few discussions about the Frontier Crew Cab you're interested in.

Also check www.msn.carpoint for the invoice price of crew cabs.
  • TakaTaka Member Posts: 4
    Ooops. Wrong internet address. Here's the correct one.

http://carpoint.msn.com/
  • cncmancncman Member Posts: 487
    Just to let everyone know, it will be some time before discounts will be available on the crew cab, it is one of if not the hottest truck on the market and availability is low. Crew cab frontiers are being sold at auctions for over MSRP similar to what happened to the beetle. And with so many people coming into the dealerships wanting to buy them and putting down deposits for future deliveries, I don't see any motivation for a dealer to discount the crew cab. Maybe in the next 30-60 days after the ones who have to have it have bought theirs and availability starts to increase you may be able to get some discounts, but I doubt
    they will be giving them away.
    The Edmunds editor says they will have the pricing on the site in a few weeks.
  • dandreassendandreassen Member Posts: 1
    The bed is extremely small on this truck and the room in the back leaves something to be desired.
    the room in the back is really not much more than a extra cab truck.
  • cappy4103cappy4103 Member Posts: 48
    I went to the dealer today and checked out the crew cab. It had an MSRP of $23,100. It was fully equipped but had a 5 speed transmission. A full-sized male cannot sit in the rear seat and access to the rear seating is difficult for an adult with the "smaller than normal" size rear doors. Rear seating seems too low for a smaller adult as well, as your knees are above your waist. A lot of room for the kids though, with front facing rear seats rather than the side facing jump seats!
  • ezbuzzsawezbuzzsaw Member Posts: 2
    I drove it loved it and I want it.But a 6% to 7% margin won't get me to the table to buy it. The dealer won't budge and I wont either. I only want $1000.00 off and they wont even talk, and thats with 3 on the lot, for a week now,yes the same 3 trucks for a week. I have waited for this truck in the US for 15 years and now it might as well be made of gold! Well may be next year???
  • bladerchefbladerchef Member Posts: 1
    I've compared the Crew Cab to the Tacoma King cab and although the Crew rear seat is barely adequate for an adult it is roomy compared to the Tacoma. I wouldn't want to ride down the block in the Tacoma but could live with a longer ride in the Crew. In a short test ride I was also impressed with the Frontier. I haven't gotten to talking price yet but the above comments don't make me feel optimistic. It sounds like its too early to try and make a deal but it won't get better as people see the truck and as the TV commercials get wide spread.
  • kjtgkjtg Member Posts: 49
    I don't know, the price may come down fast. they keep getting crew cabs here. I don't think they have sold one yet.
    Our dealer still has theirs also. Ford and Dodge crew cabs are here or coming soon. The prices will come down then I'll go shop.
  • rmk101rmk101 Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from Central America where every Japanese manufacturer has a crew cab 4wd. All have roomier back seats than the USA version of the Nissan. What gives? I too have been waiting for years to get here what it seems the rest of the world can have- A true crew cab in a compact truck. If this Frontier does sell well maybe the others will bring theirs in. (The Toyota and Mitsubishi have especially nice back seats)
  • travismltravisml Member Posts: 10
    I just returned from a Nissan dealership here in Austin. SE model crew cab, two wheel drive, with automatic (no cd player) stickered at 20,000. It was 19,500 but they tacked on 500 bucks for pinstriping!!
  • dmgenddmgend Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a SE Crew Cab 4 X 4, automatic, bed liner, floor mats for $22,090. MSRP is $24,211. Invoice was $22,051.
  • lowzonelowzone Member Posts: 1
    i just visited 4 nissan dealerships,a 2wd SE 5spd with power package list for $20,077. i'm 6 feet tall and my weight is 225, i was alittle cramp in the crew cabs back seat and had a difficult time getting out (my feet hit the door pillar). although its alot better then my 1990 Isuzu spacecab, but i wont be sitting in the rear seat anytime soon,my kids will be. the truck runs great and has plenty of power. im waiting for the HYPE to go down alittle and try to get it for $19,000. wish me luck
  • leewleew Member Posts: 32
    What packages did you get with that SE?
  • colimoncolimon Member Posts: 1
    Patience is the name of the game. All cars demand a premium when introduced. But just like the Miata, N-beetle, Boxter, Lexus Coupe, Range Rover-Discovery and so on. Eventually the availability will exceed the demand. It will then become a buyer's market. Don't panic. I know it's hard not being the first on the block to have the newest model.
    Also, a draw-back to buying the first release is that you might not get some of the neater options. For example, one year later, the New-Beetle is now available with a factory turbo, rear spoiler and an improved interior, for less money due to the saturation of the initial demand of the marketplace.

Remember, PATIENCE!!! If you can. Let those who insist on being first pay more, for less. You'll be happier for it.
  • jtollisonjtollison Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know when/if Ford is coming with a crewcab Ranger?
  • jtollisonjtollison Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know when/if Ford is coming with a crewcab Ranger?
  • mitchbomitchbo Member Posts: 1
    Hi lowzone, I'm also an '90 Isuzu Spacecab owner that is looking to make the switch to a CrewCab. I have gotten a much better quote ($22,431 down to $19,500)on a '99 Amigo 2wd hardtop automatic with the PEP (premium) package, which is very close in invoice price to a 2wd SE CrewCab with the Power and SE Sport packages and automatic. Both vehicles are similarly equipped with the exception of no cruise on the Amigo but no locking differential on the CrewCab. But even with the extremely low gas mileage and open rear differential, I still want the Frontier as it is more refined than the Amigo. Engine, although less peak power at 170 hp. than the Isuzu, actually sounds stronger and pulls more solidly that the 205 hp Amigo. And the Frontier interior wins hands down over what Isuzu is currently offering. The first Nissan dealer that I have dealt with came down from MSRP of $22,367 to a little over $21,000 when I took my first whack at the black SE CrewCab that I want. I'm not biting yet, and will probably take another shot next weekend. By the way, I'm not really considering a manual trans because of what seems to me to be an extremely long reach to the shift lever. I wonder why they chose to put the low range lever, or storage tray on the 2wd, to left of the gearshift, which puts the gearshift waaaayyy over to the right?
  • 1greg1greg Member Posts: 40
    I haven't seen anything on a Ford Ranger CC, but I remember one of the auto shows had 2 different crew cabs for ford. One was based on the F-150 with a very short bed and one was based on the Exlporer with a very short bed. The pictures I saw were on one of the car shows Edmunds had pictures of.

Greg Hoppes
  • 65ernie65ernie Member Posts: 4
    Ford's new crewcab PK isn't going to be called a Ranger, it's going to be called the Explorer Sport Trac or something like that. (The Explorer and the Ranger are built off the same platform.) The crew cab PK is due in late 2000 or early 2001. It's basically an Explorer, but instead of the cargo area, it'll have a short bed. Speaking of the bed, Ford is installing a plastic bed in this and in their new full sized PK's. Their supplier has found a really nice material. It won't rust, won't need a bedliner, it's a lot lighter, and it won't "drum" like a steel bed can. The 4x4 version is going to have the 4.0 liter engine. I think the 2x4 will have the 3.0 liter.
  • garthrgarthr Member Posts: 11
    I found Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) has the 2000 prices for the Nissan 4dr p/u. This may be an excellent site for many things,but when it comes to pricing,KBB is %100 accurate and complete.They list every package and option. When I bought my '99F150,there were items I ordered even the dealer wasn't aware of,but KBB was. Sorry Edmunds for the plug,but we consumers want to know everything!
  • cct5378cct5378 Member Posts: 8
    I went to the dealer yesterday and saw the new crew cab nissan p/u. I want it. I am graduating college soon and have to buy a new car. I hate the fact that I have little choice but to buy within the next month or two. I looked at the other compact king cab p/u's I have to say the nissan crew has the most comfortable interior of any that I looked at. Including fourrunners and explorers. I want to stay with the japanese makers for reliabilty. Has anyone heard how nissan is doing that department the last few years. Also I would like to increase the tire size in the crew if I get one. Does any one know a good size that would make the tire taller and a little wider ( just slightly past the wheel fenders. I also hate the carbon fiber trim on the tailgate and the logos. Can I remove these things easily or sub with something else
    All the dealerships in my area (Portland OR) seem to be totally devoid of any 4WD crew cabs. I did find one but the salesman that I spoke to on the phone said that there wasn't a chance at getting it below MSRP. Has anybody else experienced this? I wonder if Nissan is holding on to the 4WD models until the July 4th sales. Though that does me no good until the dealers are ready to deal. At the moment that want way more than those trucks are worth.
    There is only one 4wd at our local dealership. It is an XE model. I think this one was somewhere around twenty. It was the standard, and I am not sure what packages it came with.
    i know I like the stainless trim on the XE alot better. Ihopethe prices come down after the 4th. Has anyone heard about my tire and c/fiber trimproblem yet? I know I don't want to break the 20k mark so I might have to settle on the 2wd version. Any suggestions
  • chellchell Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2000 Frontier crewcab, paid $28000 Canadian for the 4X2 SE,love it! 2 on the lot in Saskatoon SK. Canada. Three people tried to buy it while we were dealing! CD player,sunroof,and 16 inch tires included. Very sturdy truck , awesome on gravel, but won't be doing much gravel driving for awhile, it looks so nice. Enjoyed the treatment I got at the dealership as well, Oakwood Nissan ,Saskatoon SK.
    Canada. Only drawback is the tilt steering mechanism, find it sticks. Keep you posted !
  • keeblertexkeeblertex Member Posts: 1
    Down here in San Antonio, one lot told me that their selling theirs at MSRP. They had a XE, 2wd, with the power package and bigger tires for around 21K. MSRP? Get real, you gotta wait a few months. Question for someone...is the standard ground clearance the same as a 4wd? The one on the lot was taler than the normal 2wd. But, Edmunds claims standard clearance is 7in, the same as a normal 2wd. Also, how does the V6 engine compare to the 150hp ford ranger?
    The 2wd has the same clearance as the 4wd, but there are two different tire sizes. 15" and 16", and the 4wd drive may have a heavier suspension. Or the the nerf bar may make one look lower to the ground. No [non-permissible content removed]! on the MSRP. They will probably have that 2wd for a long time if they don't drop below MSRP. 21K is what I think a 4wd se with lots of packages is worth.
  • shaniafanshaniafan Member Posts: 2
    Saw the Crewcab at Miller Nissan in Van Nuys.
    No 4WD models. And they wouldn't budge on the
    MSRP. Added the usual highly overpriced and
    useless items, pin stripes, paint protectant, etc. I will wait as long as it takes for the
    prices to come down, or I'll buy something
    else. Discipline, fellas, discipline.
    Hey folks, I too ran into the BS from the Nissan folks. On a whim I went and test drove a couple of the full sized pickups. I drive the Toyota Tundra (not as big a truck as you would think, but plenty of room.) Well, I fell in love with it and said to hell with Nissan. Did 2 weeks of research on features and prices and made the decision to buy. I ended up getting it for 6.5% over invoice (destination included and no sales tax -Oregon) Now I realize the CC is a compact pickup with 4 real doors and the Tundra is a full/mid size with suicide doors. But I reccomend you check the tundra out. Don't get me wrong, the CC is a very cool truck, I am not trying to dump on it. At least go and look at one. Trust me, Toyota will deal on the price while Nissan seems to think they have the only game in town.
  • ressotressot Member Posts: 6
    I saw the crew cabs in Mexico, boy they are skimpy. They are on a regular cab chassis,no 4x4 chassis, 4 cylinders, card board seats, no airbags, grey interior only, and no a/c. Fully loaded, $17,000, then to pass it to the U.S.! another $2,000 (plus bribes), forget it! I'm glad they spoil us hear in America. I'm stilling going to wait for the price to come down, or for some other manufacture to produce a mid size crew cab that is more price competitive
  • peterepetere Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2 wheel drive SE with the Power package. List was 21.6. Went with an automatic because the shift linkage and positioning was very poor.Not an easy choice as I have up to this point always had manuals. I've driven 2 and 4 wheel drives and the 2 wheel drive seemed quicker. Rear seating is ok, better than my 89 Toyota extended cab, but it still isn't the same as a full seat. If the passenger in the front moves forward a bit the rear leg room gets much better. The 2 wheel drive is built on the 4 wheel drive chassie so all heights are the same. The bed is shorter, but it will carry a full square yard of multch. Overale I feel the extra passenger room is more valuable than the longer bed which I use less. I would like it better if it had a standard 6 ft bed. I've seen the crewcab version Chevy has. List is 33k for the 4 wheel drive version. I feel the Nissan is a better deal.
  • russm1russm1 Member Posts: 5
    I bought the Nissan Crew Cab SE 2WD a month ago here in San Diego. They can't keep them on the lots. I got the power package and paid $20,900. It is an awesome truck. Next year everyone will have their crew cab models, and if you are in no hurry, the prices will be more competitive. Ford is coming out with 3 crew cab models in the Ranger, F-150, and Explorer (called super trac). The thing I like about the Nissan is the Power, looks, and the price is reasonable for what you are getting. The price will only come down if the other models are priced less. Everyone who has seen my truck has said they loved it and would consider buying one, only if they could find them on the lots here!
  • ziggy5ziggy5 Member Posts: 2
    This morning I drove the crew cab. I was impressed that Nissan ...finally...started competiting head-on w/Toyota. The Crew Cab was sharp. It looked great, drove great, priced OK. But for my purpose I could not see spending $23,000 (2WD SE-V6 Auto.)on a 4 hinged door, 5 passenger, with a very short bed truck. I would have purchased the truck this morning IF...Nissan put a regular 6 foot bed on the back. Finally, everytime I drove by the Brown & Brown dealership in Mesa, AZ I had no problem finding them. I don't think they'll be a hit. I hope this is not strike three for Nissan.
  • powerwormpowerworm Member Posts: 1
    Ziggy5, It must be a Arizona thing. I want to get a yellow XE 2X auto with the F05 and U06 pkg. The dealer here in Tucson has a ton of them on the lot and it doesn't look like they are moving well at all. The one I want has been on the lot since May and they still won't deal. I know it's the same one because I wrote down the VIN#. Gets a little frustrating. Guess I'll wait a while longer.
  • jroliverjroliver Member Posts: 1
    I bought my SE Crew Cab the second day they were out back in May. Did not even realize that Nissan or anybody else for that matter was bringing them out in the states. I've seen them overseas. Had to get rid of my Jeep Cherokee as it was junk and wanted to go back to a truck. Only problem is the two kids we have. The CC is perfect, there is plenty of room in the back seat for the kids and I still have a bed to haul things. MSRP was 21,600 and I paid 1000 over that. Again no dealing because they can't keep them on the lot here in Oxnard, CA. I like the truck and have had a lot of people asking about when they see it. If you can wait for the price to come down, good luck. I needed something now so that's why I paid what I did but it's fully loaded with everything.
  • gregherbertgregherbert Member Posts: 1
    For those who can wait, or are to Tall/Big for the Nissan Crew Cab, you may want to wait a few months for the Dakata 4-Door. I saw and got rummage through one of their pre-production trucks at the Dodge Viper club convention at Vegas a couple of months ago. Very Very nicely done vehicle. They told us they would be available this fall.
  • jbkennedyjbkennedy Member Posts: 70
    You should check out the pricing for the new Nissan Crew Cab at Car Max's website - http://www.carmax.com . They offer "No haggle" pricing.
  • ziggy5ziggy5 Member Posts: 2
    Powerworm,in Tucson,is there a $2000.00 mark-up?
    Does anyone know when the roof racks will be available for the crew cab? I purchased my truck last month, but nobody could give me an answer on why the roof racks aren't available to buy. The only response I got from a dealer was that they came factory installed. That was the only option on my SE model that I was unable to get. Other than that, the crew cab is a fantastic truck.
    Russ;
    you can get them as an accessory from the dealer parts department, I believe they will be available later this month along with the bed extender.
  • davie1davie1 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a frontier crew cab 2wd XE automatic
    I LOVE this truck, I was looking at the frontier
    extended cab until my wife laughed herself silly
    looking at the jump seats and wondering if even
    leprechans could fit in them. As we were leaving
    the lot my wife pointed at the Crew cab and said
    how about that? the rest is history.
    MSRP $19533 I paid a bit over $18000 at nissan of brandon Fl. (to get the price that low did require
    some flinty eyed negotiations) buy it, you like it.
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    Congrats. on the Crew Cab purchase!! I'm looking to make a deal on one in the fall of 99'. I'll be looking at the 4x4 because of where I live (Seattle) and the fact that I like going to the mountains. Let us know some of your observations as you live with the CC longer. Thanks. BTW, how's the power w/the automatic?
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    I know that I've asked this before but do you know who makes the wheels and what size are the tires on the solar yellow 4x4 SE CC on the Nissan web site (under "See It")? It doesn't look like these wheels are available from Nissan and that the tires are larger than the ones on the SE. This version also shows a lockable fuel door which also isn't on the SE CC. I really want to duplicate the look of this solar yellow CC (albeit, in black). I think that I've located the wheels on the TireRack website but I want to know before I get serious about purchasing the CC. These wheels are 18" and would require a tire size upgrade. Thanks for your help on this. You've been a credit to the salesperson profession in this forum. I used to sell L-M vehicles in 1993 and realized the rarity of people like yourself.
    Byron, thanks for the info. I'll call the dealership next month on the roof rack.
    Thanks for the words guys, glad I could help, sorry, but I don't know where Nissan got the wheels etc. THere is a Nissan guy on the Xterra topic, maybe you can ask him.
  • jtoathomejtoathome Member Posts: 1
    Anyone seen any pricing data on the Dakota Crew Cab? Also, when is the F150 SuperCrew supposed to hit the market and has anyone heard anything about it's pricing? Appreciate any response.
  • jjoinesjjoines Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2wd se manual crew cab with the sport and power packages. MSRP was 22,400, I paid 20,100 and got them to throw in two detailings, two gas fillups, bed liner, a bed extender and a bug shield. I bought it in Parsons, KS. They had 10 crew cabs on the lot. I'm very happy so far and I get lots of positive comments about the truck.
  • davie1davie1 Member Posts: 9
    Berresa11,

The power with my cc is much better than my 97
    nissan truck with the 2.4l 4cyl. but as I only
    have about 900 miles on it so far I have been
    taking it easy. For you potential cc buyers, I have a few initial observations.
    First, mileage. Mixed driving about 18 MPG.
    I do expect it to improve as the engine breaks in.
    Second, refinement. this thing is as quiet and solid as a lexus. you would never know it was a truck.
    Third, bed size. I just hauled my Suzuki Bandit 600 across town, the rear wheel sits on the tail gate but it went without a hitch, so much for the small bed being less useful.
    Thats all for now.
This discussion has been closed.