Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• janis2janis2 Member Posts: 7
    hi jon, I need to know how much you paid for your se. I contacted Irvine Nissan and we're playing phone tag. I want auto,se,4x4,power pkg,sport pkg,
    utility pkg. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks Janis4re@aol.com
  • slyfoxslyfox Member Posts: 2
    Save yourselves and get the Toyota Tundra.
  • jcboilerjcboiler Member Posts: 4
    I heard that the Crew Cab has a Bed Extender, I was wondering what people thought of it. I heard it extends the bed so you can fit more things in it???
  • smitty13smitty13 Member Posts: 3
    The tundra is a much bigger truck than the cc and I think the back seat is not nearly as comfortable. To jcboiler there is an available extender for the cc and all you do is lower the tailgate and flip it out to extend it. Also when you flip it back in it becomes sort of a cargo area that will keep stuff from sliding around in the bed
  • johndogjohndog Member Posts: 3
    On the reviews I read of the Crew Cab they say that the V-6 is underpowered and the rear seat is too small. Do you owners find these things to be true?
  • davie1davie1 Member Posts: 9
    I guess it depends on what you are comparing
    the rear seat and Nissan V6 with....Motor trend
    just tested a 2wd auto crew cab and it was
    quicker from 0-60 than a 2wd dodge ram (extended
    cab auto 5.2V8,) tested by Popular mechanics.
    9.6 seconds to 10.0 seconds they both had a 17.2 second 1/4 mile time. the rear seat is fine for
    normal sizes adults...(no rear seat is fine for NBA centers) It is roomier than the seats in all the full sized pickups except the new chevy silverado(about the same) and the seat backs are better because, unlike most extended cab trucks the don't sit you bolt upright. The only price
    you pay for the Nissan's versatility is the bed length. If you don't haul sheets of plywood or other building materials, it isn't a problem.
    I can easily haul my Suzuki GSF600s motorcycle
    in the back(tailgate down).
    I haven't found a downside to the Crew cab yet.
    I hope this helps...CC 2wd XE auto.
  • johndogjohndog Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. I am also looking at the CC 2wd XE auto. I am trying to convince my wife but she says they are too small. I think she is saying that because she doesn't want me to trade in our Honda Accord.
  • timmptimmp Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 4x4 Crew. SE Auto Loaded. How much movement can I expect from the dealer? I think that the List is about $25,000
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    I need a truck now, and have considered a Tundra, a Silverado, and a Nissan CC, all in their X-cab forms. I really like how the Nissan is different - a surfer/beach type machine. However here's why I didn't get it:
    1) I need a truck now, and I'm not paying MSRP - so that eliminated the Nissan and Tundra.
    2) So that means I'm getting a Silverado. Why? Wider, As big inside, 6.5' bed, 285hp 5.3L V-8 for 2000, 4-wheel disk, ABS, Autotrac 4WD, 7500 lb. towing package, AM/FM/CD, power package, Z-71 offroad, 265 - 16" alloys/tires, $27K + change ordered. It sounds like many of you are pretty close to this number - you should really put them side-by-side.
  • appraiserappraiser Member Posts: 22
    I did my legwork on the phone today. This afternoon, I got a call from one of the Nissan dealerships; the salesman had traded a loaded SE for an XE 5-speed 2wd with upgraded tires and a bedliner, and quoted me a price of $17,900. Invoice is $17,326, so that's not a bad opening bid. If I can get him down to $17,500 I'll bite. Question: I accumulate lots of "stuff"--will there be a toolbox or some type of storage compartment available on the Frontier CC? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on a solution? Thanks.
  • ressotressot Member Posts: 6
    First, there is plenty of power! Before I know it, I need to slow down. Space, I put three adults, with the seats pushed up a bit, three small children had ample space to move around. Then two adults up front and a bar-b-que pit in the back with beach stuff, 150 mile treck to the beach (back and forth), the crew cab was a winner with my family. Try putting a bar-b-que pit in an SUV,Hah.
    How reliable are the Nissan trucks? I have always heard that Toyota and Honda are the top two manufacturers of quality automobiles. Does Nissan fit into that category? Compared to Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge? I need to get 200,000 miles out of mine, which I plan on buying this week. Thanks.
    How reliable are the Nissan trucks? I have always heard that Toyota and Honda are the top two manufacturers of quality automobiles. Does Nissan fit into that category? Compared to Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge? I need to get 200,000 miles out of mine, which I plan on buying this week. Thanks.
  • skgskg Member Posts: 16
    appraiser,
    "How reliable are the Nissan trucks?"
    I can only give a personal observation: my 86.5 Hardbody V6 King Cab only has 215,000 miles on it and still doesn't use any oil and gets ~21.5 mpg in normal driving.
    Dear timmp, your quote is a little high. Check out edmunds.com where you can type in all your requirements and they will give you the dealers price on everything right down to the options. Go from there
    There is a bed extender (optional) for the cc. To extend it you put down the tailgate and flip it out onto the tailgate. However when you flip it back in it creates an area about 1 1/2 feet deep to put "stuff" so it won't roll around in the bed
  • curleyhoward1curleyhoward1 Member Posts: 7
    I thought this was a good place to ask. I recently saw a picture on the internet of an Australian Hilux. It appears to be a crew-cab Tacoma. Will this become available in the U.S.? I sure hope so. I've got the hots for this vehicle! Thanks for the info.

Curley Howard
  • jnaglejnagle Member Posts: 1
    we are looking for a 4x4 se crew cab. we have found they are hard to find. the dealer found one and is asking 21527. plus $500 (their profit??!)
    what is a reasonable price, and how much can we expect them to budge? any negative comments about the ride or comfort? we presently have a mazda
    b3000 with 100,000 miles. any comments would be helpful...thanks...
  • capaberiacapaberia Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a SE V6 CC, but looking for info first. While waiting for dealer to negotiate, I thought I would try to find out as much as I could. So far I have read results of 13.5 & 18 MPG. Interested in mileage others have gotten. Also have there been any kind of problems experienced.
  • djaydjay Member Posts: 1
    I saw a CC this color last weekend at a dealership in Scottsdale, AZ.
  • goobagooba Member Posts: 391
    I am also in the market for a SE 4wd Crew Cab. The dealer in Yuma has one fully loaded. The only things missing were the roof rack,limited slip differential,and tailgate lock. The price on the vehicle was 29,400. I considered this to be a bit high. They are also unwilling to deal.Hopefully some dealers in AZ will eventually decide to lower their prices and start dealing with us.
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    A BIT HIGH!!! The fully loaded SE 4x4 CC is just under $ 25,000 full MSRP. How the h-ll to they they expect to get 29k plus for this? Oh, yeah, forgot, there's always some fool willing to pay whatever and make it harder on the rest of us to get a good deal. My advice to you is to let this dealer know that they are way out of line and that you wouldn't do business with them. Of course, I personally couldn't wait to rip them a new one over this price gouging! Believe me I've seen a lot of it after my stint at selling new/used cars.
  • skytopherskytopher Member Posts: 10
    I ordered a 2000 Nissan Frontier on the Carsdirect
    web site last Tuesday. They had a hard time
    finding a truck for me, and then the perfect truck
    rolled off the semi at a local dealer this week. I
    emailed my rep at carsdirect and told him about
    it....yesterday he called me to get a little more
    info on the truck and then he called the dealer.
    The dealer called me and said, "come pick it up!"
    I got the truck for invoice + 2.9%. That includes
    the $500 they took off my bill because it took them
    nine days instead of seven. When I got into the
    truck to drive it home, I glanced down at the
    odometer. The total mileage was....4. Life is
    good......
    Chris
  • begelforbegelfor Member Posts: 10
    Go to the bulletin board for nissan Frontier owners.
    http://www.insidetheweb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi/mb653661

Check it out, post a message.
    I just got my Crew Cab on Thursday, and I've noticed something interesting....you can roll the rear windows all the way down, instead of halfway or so like every other four-door vehicle I've seen. So if you have kids or pets, your crew cab should have power windows, so you can lock them from the drivers seat and then they won't jump out.....
    Chris
  • dmanchakdmanchak Member Posts: 1
    Looking very seriously at a Frontier right now, They are priced at about $24,000 loaded, up here. Seems like a great deal, I have compared and compared some more. Seems like the best deal. I have never owned a Nissan, always Toyota till last week. Any advice would be welcome.
  • npepnpep Member Posts: 11
    I just purchased a SE 4x2 with the power package. All totaled, tax (7% ouch), tag, etc...$21,800 from Sutherlin in Marietta, GA. I was extremely pleased with the speed and service of the deal. I called around to all the Nissan dealers around ATL. I probably could have saved an additional few hundred bucks, but they had the color I wanted and they were easy to get to.
    Happy hunting, Nik
  • hockeyhockey Member Posts: 1
    just purchased 2000 se 5speed 4x4x4.
    roof rack & bug deflector installed
    $31,500 not cheap here in Nova Scotia.
    But I Really Like Black Beauty.
  • statboystatboy Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a used 1998 Nissan XE truck 5sp with 13k miles for $13k. I had to get rid of my 1985 Toyota pickup. Man, what a difference! When I am on the freeway I am constantly looking at the speedometer so I can keep it under 70mph. I was a little nervous about dirving a stick shift, becaue I have not used a stick in over two years. I am pleased to report that the transmission is very smooth and the acceleration is awesome - of course I am comparing it to a 1985 toyota p.u. However, I did test drive a new 1999 Mazda Protege and Toyota Corolla. The Nissan XE blew them both off the road and it looks so good in my drive way.
  • dakota2dakota2 Member Posts: 4
    Just call Nissan themselves, customer service can look at trucks coming off the line, before dealers know. And if the dealer says they can't order one from the factory...the're full of it! Nissan told me they sure can(for a little extra). Still looking for my SE CC 4x4, stay tuned, Nissan will call me back in about 4 business days. Later.
  • garlicfoggarlicfog Member Posts: 4
    Just let anyone who is interested to know, the
    Nissan Frontier Crew Cab is not a new Nissan vehicle, it has been sold in Japan, Australia, Africa, South America and Europe for years under the name Navara. It also was sold under the name Datsun for years as well. Don't think that Datsun/Nissan is alone with a Compact Crew Cab, Toyota has had an identical truck as well that they've sold everywhere, but in the US. I found out all of this while Nissan was baiting us on their Website and wouldn't give us details on the Crew Cab, so I visited all of their websites around the globe and eventually got a brochure from Australia months before any dealer near me knew anything about the Crew Cab. As it is I placed a deposit on a Nissan Crew Cab XE 4X4 two months ago and won't have my truck for at least another month due to the fact I want the color green, I'm getting a little frisky waiting for it, it's the perfect upgrade from my 13 year old Acura 4 dr hatchback.
  • begelforbegelfor Member Posts: 10
    Hey Garlicfog, I have a green se CC 4x4.

Want pics ?
  • wjcaleewjcalee Member Posts: 2
    garlicfog.

Found your write about Nissan's new 4 door small pickup interesting. Do you know if Ford and Dodge are going to follow suite and buid mid-size rangers and Dakotas w/ 4 doors?
  • rmorrisonrmorrison Member Posts: 1
    I test drove an alpine green se cc 4x4 today. Why are you having trouble finding green?
  • tayatmtayatm Member Posts: 4
    As I read these comments on the new Nissan Crew Cab, I do not find one mention of the 2000 Chevy S-10 Crew Cab. I saw one on the lot today marked down to $28,000. What the hick. Its still just a Chevy??
  • rej1rej1 Member Posts: 1
    What do you know about the so called "sup" sport utility pickup? It is being advertised on TV in the Chicago area.
  • robbk6robbk6 Member Posts: 13
    tayatm- There is not a factory S-10 crew cab for the USA. Maybe you saw a loaded extended cab S-10. The Nissan Crew Cab has four forward hinged doors. They are worlds apart in everything except maybe performance. The 4.3 V-6 is still pretty stout.
  • robby6robby6 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 17995 price for se series, 695 for paint and acc. plus tax for a total of 19783 out the door. what do you think.
    I bought my Crew Cab XE 4x4 on August 19, and last week I received the title and drove down to the License bureau to get new plates for the truck. I expected to pay a little extra, for it costs more to license a pickup in Ohio than it does for a car, minivan, or SUV.
    I gave the nice lady the title, and she typed the VIN into her computer. She made a quizzical face and said, "you say this is a PICKUP TRUCK?" I said "um, yeah." She says, "Well, according to this, it's a minivan...."
    I let out a pretty healthy laugh and by now had gotten the notice of others in the office. I pointed out the window and said "well, there it is!" The office women shook their heads and said "that's a pickup truck!" So, the woman looked in her book and asked if the truck had a full back seat. I said yes. She told me that, according to the state of Ohio, it's a minivan. So, since it's cheaper to register a minivan, I didn't argue! I like this truck better all the time.....
    Chris
  • edanielsedaniels Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading all of the responses here online... Here goes my story...

I wanted the SE-V6 Crew Cab 4X2 with the Luggage Rack... I found out that Nissan was retooling the roof because the roof was not designed to hold weight and they were caving it in... So.. I would have to wait till Oct-Nov to get the right truck. The ones out right now will not be able to have the Luggage Rack installed... I waited and waited but could not take it any longer....

I have been reading on this chat board that the dealers were not willing to go down from the MSRP.. Well, I found out the opposite..

I basically played three dealers in my area off on another for the sale... One would not budge... One did and he started a bidding war with the other. The one that would not budge suddenly did by matching my lowest offer. The lowest offer came down $100 to beat everyone else...

So here is what I got:

Nissan 2000 Frontier Crew Cab SE-V6 4X2
    Power Package
    Sports Package
    Automatic Transmission
    Floor Mats
    Bedliner Over the Rail
    Bed Extender
    Destination Charge of $520

Total $21,400
    MSRP $22,596

I think I did good! You guys tell me!
  • dlapointedlapointe Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a SE 4X4 CC Yellow.... LOADED....
    Sport Pkg with Sunroof/ CD changer, Upgrade tires, bedliner, bugshield, power pkg...

If you are at all close to Canada and dont mind your speedo reading in KM instead of miles, go there. I paid $21,930 + (ugh) 6% tax - total was $23256. Works for me, gonna pick it up tomorrow!
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    I also saw two Chevy s10 crew cabs, not extended cabs but actually FOUR REAL DOORS for approx. $28,000 retail. Why haven't we heard anything about these? They look like a factory job but may be just a dealer conversion.
  • tyjotyjo Member Posts: 6
    saw 4-door s-10 at a dealer near chicago. they had 3, all were conversions. also very ugly!
  • tyjotyjo Member Posts: 6
    crew-cab fever is cooling in chicago, they are ready to deal.
  • 65ernie65ernie Member Posts: 4
    I've been considering a 00 CC for months now. I visited our local dealer and sat in the back seat. My opinion is that it's essentially worthless, especially for adults. The seatback was far too vertical and there was NO legroom! I'm going to wait and see what the Ford Explorer Sport Trac is like. I've read that they're going to soften the suspension on it, so it'll be more car-like. I just hope it has more leg room for the back seat.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    Edmunds has a great right up about the Nissan crew cab. Some good things to say some bad. Price was high according to them, this because of the inital hype. Ford is coming out with a crew cab in 2000 sometime. It will have a 200HP/245ftlb of torque V6. Dodge is supposed to be coming out with a crew cab sometime this fall. Chevy is also behind the curve and probably won't see a crew cab for sometime in the S-10 form.
  • exillinimjexillinimj Member Posts: 1
    I drove one of the Nissan 4drs in Saudi Arabia and loved it. Now when they finally get the the US, the back seats are much too small! I think Nissan made a design error with this truck.
  • janis2janis2 Member Posts: 7
    Well I finally bought my Frontier CC 2000 se 4x4
    power package,sport package. I wanted the roof rack included in the deal. Dealer said "no problem" as soon as they get them in they will call me. Now I find out the cc's on the road don't have the support to hold the roof rack. I paid for it all ready. What am I to do? Also my stirring wheel rattles in the middle where the airbag and the horn is. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I bought my truck last month, and some have asked me to post pictures. I finally got around to it. A few were taken at my favorite airport! (Ohio State Univ airport in Columbus)

briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/flytopher
This discussion has been closed.