Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• slitorslitor Member Posts: 29
    I wouldn't offer more than $33000 out the door. Make sure you play hardball with the dealer. My out the door price last week was $31400 but I have a 2wd.

Ask for the out the door price and negotiate from there.
  • smg1062smg1062 Member Posts: 54
    I'm doing some homework for a new 4Runner in NYC. I want the Limited Edition, FULLY LOADED. Can anyone tell me what to expect when going price hunting at the dealers? There are 2 Toyota dealers within 10-15 miles of my house. I dont want to haggle all day with salesmen; I want to go there armed with pricing details and tell THEM what I want to pay and make the deal, or walk. Any feedback would be GREAT!!

Steve
  • smg1062smg1062 Member Posts: 54
    Looking to buy a new 4Runner by year's end. The V6 has more horses; the V8 is better from a standstill and up hills, with less Horses. Fuel mileage difference looks minimal, or is it??? Anyone out there that can tell me the best way to go? First assumption would be that the 5 speed V8 is the better choice over the 4 speed V6............

Steve
  • sistercrystinsistercrystin Member Posts: 6
    Hi, all--

First off, I LOOOOOOOOVE my new 4Runner. The second day we had her, we let her gently stretch her legs on a drive from Orlando to Daytona Beach, with typical torrential Central Florida rain pelting us along most of the length of the I-4. I felt safe, could see everything in front of me, and thanks to the NAV, we found the Daytona Beach Ocean center with no stress whatsoever.

Now, here's what I have and what I paid for it (worth every penny, IMHO):

4Runner Limited 4x4 V6 in Titanium
    JBL 3 in 1 system with NAV
    Moonroof
    Toyoguard
    7/100 extended warranty (my brother the mechanic said I probably wouldn't need it, but I know should anything go wrong, 4x4 repairs can get pricey)
    TTL

Before the warranty and TTL, the price was about $100 below invoice. Not too bad, right?

Hope you guys are having as much fun in your 'Runners as I am in mine!

SisCrys
  • joanvbjoanvb Member Posts: 8
    On May 1, I bought the 4Runner that I special ordered at the end of January. Drove it 200 miles yesterday. So far, it's everything I hoped for. Love it. (Last car was a '90 4Runner, had since new. Wanted something a little bigger...this is perfect.) Worth the wait.
    Purchased in southern California:
    '03 Limited 4Runner, 4x4, V8, (Titanium w/stone)
    NF Rear Air Suspension with XREAS
    GY GY Curtain and Side Airbags
    SR Moonroof
    NV JBL with Navigation
    RF Rear Spoiler
    C7 Floor mats package
    Paid $38,012 excluding tax and license
  • slitorslitor Member Posts: 29
    Just a warning to anybody that is offered this product. According to my friend that works for the accounting department at a Toyota Dealer. He tells me that the dealer ussually offers ToyoGuard for $600, the actual cost is $72. I did the whole thing myself for even less. So stay away from TOYOGUARD.
  • blakthndrblakthndr Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering what people think the new white 4runner limited v8 4WD with JBL 6 disc is worth. Dealers are saying that this vehicle is rare, but it is not rare they just came out a month ago. Anyway just wondering what you all thought.
  • amy88amy88 Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a titanium w/stone 2003 4Runner Sport 2WD V6 with moon roof, black running boards, double decker cargo system, rear spoiler, day time running light, and floor mat for $26,700, plus TT&L and misc. fees (including $50 documentation fee), which was about $900 under Edmunds' invoice. The dealer invoice included TDA and other fees thus it was higher than Edmunds'. The $1000 Toyota costomer cashback was included in the price.

We originally wanted a 4WD, however, we found out there were few 4WD's in the dealer's lot and all of them had price tags beefed up with expensive options. It seems majority of 4Runners sold in Texas are 2WD's. So we decided to go with 2WD in the end.

We used Costco Auto program and it worked out great. Of course it all depends on the specific dealer Costco refers to.
  • mudbuggymudbuggy Member Posts: 2
    Absolutely love this vehicle. There is no way to compare this vehicle to the previous generations of 4 Runners (I owned 3). The peppy, 245 HP V6 is more than enough for my purposes. The computerized "compensation technologies" associated with the braking, and drive train systems are incredible. It is wider than any previous generation 4 Runner, and the ride - fuhgettaboudit. How about the guy that was trying to compare (any generation of) the 4 Runner to the Chevy or GMC product ... go figure.

My deal went like this:

4X4 V6 SR5 - Dorado Gold
    17" alloy wheels
    carpet/cargo floor mats
    running boards
    roof rack
    color keyed bumpers (not the gray industrial)
    tow pkg (not sure if an option)
    cargo cover

$26,850
    $28,400 OTD

Note: This supposedly "no haggle" dealership had a (Memorial Holiday) $300 coupon and and came down an extra $200 from there. I don't think no-haggle means NO haggle.

I might not have gotten the rock bottom lowest price but no other dealer in my area had the actual vehicle that I wanted. This was it. Can't wait to get this puppy out on the beach at Cape Hatteras and on the mountain in West Virginia. Isn't love great!!!
  • bmw323isbmw323is Member Posts: 410
    I know what you mean about the no haggle thing. I bought my 4Runner at a no-haggle place because they were offereing a advertised deal of $26,995. But they didn't have one in stock at the advertised price! Can you say Bait-and-Switch? So after hours of negotiation I agreed to consider one with a couple more options. I offered dealer cost on the extra options and they said "we are a no haggle dealership." I said "all we've been doing for three hours is haggling." They wore me down so I bought it. Turned out to be about $500 under dealer invoice.

2003 SR5 V6 Titanium Silver, 4X4
    Roof rack, 17" Alloys, Fog lights, Leather steering wheel w/audio controls and leather shift knob, Double decker cargo system.
    $27,300.

Poor buying experience, but a terrific vehicle. The Toyota dealers are lucky they have a great product to sell.
  • rlopez2032rlopez2032 Member Posts: 10
    Just bought this awesome titanium metallic SUV here in sunny San Diego with the following options: JBL Synthesis 6 Disc in dash with 10 speakers, moonroof, rear spoiler, floor mats, homelink garage door opener, and running boards. Initially wanted a Sport V6 (not 4WD) with the same options but no luck looking for one. I was determined not to buy any dealer add-ons but they talked me into buying the alarm for $300.00, which in hindsight probably only cost about $100.00 or so.

Received $1,400.00 in rebates and incentives ($1,000 non-appearance rebate and $400.00 for being a recent college grad) and walked out the door for $31,279.00. The sticker on the car prior to negotiation was $32,894.00 (without tax, license fee, etc, etc..). I figured the dealer made almost 4% over invoice plus their holdback, which I thought was fair.

Fairly satisfied overall with the product and the price I paid, this car is worth every penny. I welcome any opinion on whether I got ripped or not.
  • smith4runnersmith4runner Member Posts: 1
    Model: 4Runner Sport Edition - V8 2WD
    Options:
    Power Moonroof
    Running Boards
    Rear Spoiler
    Double-decker Cargo
    115V AC Power
    Floor/Cargo Mats, First Aid Kit

MSRP (includes $510 destination): $32,216

My Cost (not includeing TTL): $27,993
    ($514 below invoice)

Also got the dealer to throw in Toyota 4Runner all weather mats ($70 value).

With the holdback, dealer made $82. In my region, Toyota was not offering any incentives/rebates/financing specials on 4Runners.

I was still able to get 4% financing through my credit union (48 months).

The $750 Dealer Advertising Incentive listed for 4Runners on Edmunds is a little hard to use/apply in your negotiating because it is regional. How do you know what consumer/dealer incentives are in effect in your area? I called Toyota, and they just referred me to my local dealer.
  • hannerhanhannerhan Member Posts: 18
    I am looking for a 2003 4Runner 4WD with the following options only: 115V power point, roof rack, leather seats, and leather steering wheel/shift knob.

MSRP is $32,555
    Edmunds/Kelly show invoice at $28,555

The dealer comes back and tells me his invoice is actually $29,703. He says there are the following charges added in to this invoice: 2% holdback of MSRP, PIO holdback, Texas Dealer's Assoc holdback, Manufacturers Advertising Fund Holdback, and a 1% financing reserve MSRP.

This is $1,150 over the Edmunds invoice price! Then he claims the best deal he can do is $300 over that invoice, which ends up being about $2,500 off MSRP. I have heard of many people getting $4K off. Someone tell me I can get a better deal...
  • hannerhanhannerhan Member Posts: 18
    I pressed him more and told him that $29,000 was the highest I would pay. He finally admitted that the Texas Dealers Association fee of $275 and the Manufacturing Advertising Fund of $376 are the only fees they don't get back. So that would put their real invoice at $29,052.

He said there was no way he could take $29,000 though, so I'm off to find other dealers. No worries, I'm a patient guy...
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    When you signed the first contract you agreed to pay that price so they didn't have to call you about the mistake. Secondly, I believe the rebate is from Toyota to the dealer, not the customer. If I were you I'd be happy they were honest and willing to give the additional $1,000. If you were happy with the first price you should be happier with the lower price, not mad because you had to drive 100 miles to get it.
  • delguydelguy Member Posts: 43
    I had a similar experience. They brought out their invoice which I might add I could have made at home w/ my printer. Anyway it had their advertising fees and such plus holdback. Once I started to point out that they were double counting the holdback - basically trying to get me to pay it also. My advice, don't bother going back to that place. Keep looking. There are some honest dealers out there. What might also help is to find one w/ their inventory on the internet. That's how I got almost $5k off sticker on my limited v6. Koons in DC if you're interested.
    Fellow 4Runner Owners,

Need your assistance to verify if I am being told the truth by the dealer. A friend was admiring my new 4Runner two days after I brought it home, he noticed that the ball for the tow hitch was not in the box where the rest of the tow equipment came in. I have never towed anything before so it never came to me to check that box, the box was already open so I do not know if someone at the dealership had taken it out. Called my salesman and he assured me that the ball is sold separately, is he telling the truth?

Also, if this is indeed true, can I just buy any aftermarket ball or do I need a specific one. Do they even come in different sizes? Anyway, I would appreciate any advise. THANKS
    Toyota does not include the ball specifically because they do come in different sizes (1 7/8, 2 inch, etc). You can also get them chrome plated. Purchase the ball when you know what you are going to be hauling. For those that have already towed a trailer, they would normally have the hitch ball already. I haven't shopped for them recently, but your probably in the $10-$20 price range.
    Thanks for the response, guess car salespeople are sometimes capable of telling the truth.
  • hkyhky Member Posts: 71
    Got one V6 4x2 with leather steering/double decker/carmats/roof-rack-crossbar(I think this is standard) 5000 off msrp end up at 23356.
  • yomolsyomols Member Posts: 24
    Bought it today. According to the dealer, many ofthe rebates offered for the cladding went off today (at least in Denver) I wanted the cladding because I will use it off road.I sensed that the supply of non appearance package runners is definately drying up. I don't think I got the best deal around but I feel good about it. Here is how it broke down.

SR5 4X4 V6
    17" tires & wheels
    fog lamps
    black roof rack
    convience package (floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, first aid kit)
    running boards ( I measured and they were above the 9" ground clearence)
    Msrp $31546
    Invoice $28,675
    My out the door price was $26574 before tax. I was able to get them to waive the $299 handling (or whatever) charge. I can't wait to drive it. Hope this helps.
  • srini81srini81 Member Posts: 6
    I am seriously considering buying a Limited. Here's what the dealer is offering:

Gal Gray 4X4 moon roof, spoiler, convenience package, alloy wheel locks, headphones, DRL for 33,707. But this price has a TDA(what is this?) of 647 and a Whsl Financial Reserve(basically sounded like their rent for the floor plan) of 356. Also, the dealer was only willing to spli the holdback amount(50-50). I asked if I could get the full holdback amount and his rsponse was, "What, don't you want us to make any money?"

What do you guys think about this. I'm kinda tired of waiting ans this exatcly the SUV I'm looking for with the right options. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • vodgutvodgut Member Posts: 162
    I believe it's Toyota Dealer Advertising. It's charged by Toyota to the dealers as part of the invoice, and the amount varies by region. That charge is legit, and it was part of the invoice when I was shopping for my vehicle at all the dealerships I looked at. I believe it pays for the snazzy TV ads you see.

I don't know about the other charge, the Financial Reserve. That didn't come up when I was shopping for mine, maybe someone else knows about this.
  • coranchercorancher Member Posts: 232
    There are some pretty good discussions of TDA and holdback in previous messages here on the 4Runner forums. Do a search and you should find plenty.

Best I can figure, the wholesale reserve is about 1% of base invoice price, and works just like holdback. Treat it like 1% extra holdback on top of the 2% holdback that's typical of Toyota.

Anyway, you shouldn't be charged for any of this holdback or financial reserve, in my opinion. The dealer isn't charged for it either--it's actually additional money (a rebate, if you will) that they get back from the factory. Once again, search these discussions and you'll find good explanations as responses to posters who wondered if *they* should pay the dealer for holdback somehow.

But all these discussions of dealer profit details can be of limited use. As many others have said, the market sets the selling price of the cars. Work with two or more dealers to get their best prices, and let them worrry about this holdback stuff. If you would like some experienced folks to do the shopping and get the quotes for you, check out carbargains.com. You'll pay some of your own dollars for that service, but doing it demonstrates to dealers that you're serious about buying now, and not jerking them around.
    I am seriously considering buying a Limited. Here's what the dealer is offering:

Gal Gray 4X4 moon roof, spoiler, convenience package, alloy wheel locks, headphones, DRL for 33,707. But this price has a TDA(what is this?) of 647 and a Whsl Financial Reserve(basically sounded like their rent for the floor plan) of 356. Also, the dealer was only willing to spli the holdback amount(50-50). I asked if I could get the full holdback amount and his rsponse was, "What, don't you want us to make any money?"

What do you guys think about this. I'm kinda tired of waiting ans this exatcly the SUV I'm looking for with the right options. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • lee614lee614 Member Posts: 2
    It was MSRP for 37K (and some change) I purchased for appx 110 under dealer invoice. for 33k. This thing came loaded, unfortuantly I paid for that, but I wanted navigation.
  • jagsdadjagsdad Member Posts: 56
    Good for you! I've been looking for a 4Runner with X-REAS and Nav, in either Sport or Limited. Haven't found one anywhere in cal. Thought I'd have to order one. Where did you get yours? Does it have the optional side/rear airbags? Sunroof? Have you seen any other Sports with Nav anywhere? Thanks.
  • lasaklasak Member Posts: 4
    Hello yomols, where did you get your SR5 4x4 V6 ..how much you pay for the options for the 17" Al. wheels? thanks

lasak
  • yomolsyomols Member Posts: 24
    Hi Lasak Bought the truck at Stevinson Toyota East. I don't have the paperwork with me right now but I paid just about $2100 below invoice so if you get invoice for the wheels that will be very close. Good luck.
  • deweyeddeweyed Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a 2003 4x4 SR5 V6 for 27,500/plus tax and tags.

Galactic Gray
    JBL 6 disc CD system
    Roof rack
    Convienence Pkg
    was a dealer loaner w/ 4k miles
    Toyota Cerified-6yr/100k warranty
    very happy camper
    Just picked up a Black Limited 4X4 fully-loaded except the NV system:

Moonroof
    Spoiler
    Side/Curtain airbags
    JBL 3in1 with 6 disc changer
    XREAS
    Convenience Package
    Alloy Wheel Locks

Price paid 34,500 + TTL = 35795

I'm VERY happy with the vehicle so far although I only have 130 miles on it. I think I got a pretty good deal. Dealer - McGeorge Toyota in Richmond, VA
  • heidmanrheidmanr Member Posts: 8
    I am in the military and stationed in Korea. I will be coming home in September and plan on buying either a 4Runner or a Highlander within a week of getting home. I am looking at an SR5 2WD V6 with the Floor Mats ($225 MSRP) and Roof Rack ($220 MSRP). The MSRP total comes in around $28,055, invoice around $25,050. I am sending a mass email to 6 dealers in Atlanta, and one in Augusta (where I live) to get their best quotes. I am tailoring my email to read that the $1500 marketing support is taken off, and I mention that I know the holdback (3%) and admin fee ($550) can be negotiated. I am laying it all on the table, telling them that I am buying in the middle of September and plan on driving my new vehicle to Florida the 2nd week I am home and that I already have financing arranged, 3.75% for 60 months (to let them know I am serious). I am hoping for quotes in the $23,500-24,000 range. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions on what else should be in my request. I am sitting on this email until late August because I know the rebate/mkting support/other gimmick will change, but I am constructing my thoughts now so as soon as I get home I am ready to buy and the BS haggling will be kept to a minimum. Any suggestions as to my game plan?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Mention that you're looking at buying in Tennessee too, because you'll avoid the SET fee(s) that way. SET is a southeast Toyota distributor and they have a lock on several states down there, and they tend to charge more than other areas.

I was just ranting about SET the other day :-)

steve_ "Toyota Sienna - What did you pay?" Jun 19, 2003 11:43am

Read the rest of that thread for the dealer's viewpoint, courtesy of Sbell4.

Steve, Host
    I tend to think that talking to dealers about this or that fee or even the holdback is all hurly burly and just confuses the bottom line, which is how much you have to pay for the vehicle. In the end, it is all about supply and demand. You will pay as much as you are willing to buy for truck and as little as they are willing to sell it for. What really matters is how many 4Runners have sold off the lot that month. The dealer will sell at MSRP if it can get it, and will sell for $3K below invoice if they have to.

By email or in person, you will never get the best price by asking for a quote. When they give you a quote, that is how much they are hoping you will pay, not their lowest price.

If you are buying off the lot, the best approach is to show up in the morning, preferable not on a weekend, and tell them you are going to buy a truck today. You have to tell them the price you want. Let them know that you are looking for the best price among several dealers. They key thing is that you have to be willing to walk away. Even if you just walk away to go get lunch and think about it, you have to be willing to walk off the lot, and they have to know you will walk, before you can ever get the best price.

Its best to do this near the end of the month when they are hot to add to their number of units sold for the month. The salesmen's commission rate is based on how many vehicles they sell that month. So at the end of the month, selling an addition unit can put them up in the next commission bracket meaning they will make a higher commission rate on all the vehicles they sold earlier in the month. This means even if they sell that additional vehicle at the zero commission price, they still make more for the month.

Another thing to consider is a build order. You may have seen the different grades and "available options" in the brochure or online. But when you actually go look at what dealers have on lots, it is a different story. For instance, the side and rear airbags are an "available" option for SR5s, but you will not find them on the lots because they just are not delivered that way. The reverse is also true regarding some options you may not want, like the "convenience package" or or roof rack and running boards. But you can get exactly what you want by putting in a build order. And given your time frame, this would probably work perfectly for you. This is how it works: you tell the dealer what you want and give them a check for $500 or $1,000. You can do this my email and snail mail. They order the truck and hold, but do not cash, the check. When the truck arrives, you test drive it and decide if you want to buy it or not. Either way, they give you your check back. In So Cal, a build order for a 4Runner seems to take about 3 months. Remember 4Runner are built in Japan. I'm don't know if the Highlander are built here or in Japan.

At this point, you would be doing a build order on an 04 . Also when you do a build order, generally you agree on a $ amount over invoice. You cannot know exactly what the invoice will be until it arrives. This is because the prices and fees can change and the dealer does not know exactly what the invoice will be until the vehicle arrives. For instance, I'm waiting on a build order and I will pay $500 over invoice. Also, you cannot predict what customer incentives will be offered when the vehicle arrives. If you go this route, the key thing is to find a dealer that does build orders. Some just don't do them.

Good luck. Keep us informed.
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    With regard to post 86, I have seen numerous blue and gray Limiteds on the lot in Washington State and Idaho with NAV. MSRP was $43K. These may be truly loaded.

I am looking for a Titanium Sport 4x4 in the northwest. If anyone sees one, please let me know.

tangman
  • redsoxfan2redsoxfan2 Member Posts: 4
    Being offered a 2003 4Runner Limited 4x4 V6 for $34,900. Msrp is $38,300
    Options include Sunroof, Rear Spoiler, 6 Disc Stereo, Rear Headphones, Dayrunning Lights, Wheel Locks, Runing Boards, Floor Mats.
    Seems like a decent deal, looks like a few hundred over invoice. Also why are there so few Blue Limited 4 runners on the lots, most seem to be silver or grey? This deal is one of the few Stratosphere Mica limited I could find. Also does the X-reas Shocks make much of a difference in everyday driving?
    Thanks!
  • gsj3gsj3 Member Posts: 20
    2003 V6 4x4 Sport WITH appearance package:
    moonroof,spoiler,mats,double decker cargo,daytime lights, 29,500 plus tax and MV(about $301)
    MSRP was 32,478.
    That's it...no advertising, no holdback, no floor plan assistance and this was without any available Maufacturer to "anybody" rebate/incentive, and FYI did not use Toyota finance. I guess everything but death is negotiable. Oh, by the way...I love this thing.
  • irishmist67irishmist67 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a v8 sport edition 4x4, with appearance package and double decker cargo for 30908....feeling a little taken advantage of because I ordered the vehicle months ago and the dealer refused to negotiate the dealer holdback. Although the car only sat on their lot for less then 24 hours. What do you all think?
  • tim_hooligantim_hooligan Member Posts: 143
    Carmax in Maryland is selling a V8 Sport 4x4 with Appearance package for $29,500 right now...but it sounds like it's too late for you now.
    i think if they didn't want your business, you should've taken it elsewhere.
  • robsjunxrobsjunx Member Posts: 2
    all of the sport edition 4runners at the carmax in maryland were V6's. they are selling those for $29500 with the $500 rebate. i did however buy a V8 sport edition with moonroof, JBL system with changer and wireless headphones for the back, spoiler, roof rack, running boards, daytime running lights, carmats, first aid kit, double decker system w two cargo nets, 50 state emissions, wheel locks and everything else that comes with the sport edition for $30722.00. i saw this price as an internet special at www.millercars.com the dealership is located in manassas, va but i got another dealership in maryland to match this.......hope this helps.
  • hpoohhpooh Member Posts: 13
    Wanted the white color but the dealer don't have it till next week.
    V6 SR5 Sport Package w/ the following option FE (california emittion) SR (sun roof) KG(black running board) SP & YU.
    Don't know what SP and YU stand for... any idea?

MSRP $29670 and the sales say i need to pay $500 over invoice plus tax and tags. Any idea?
  • tim_hooligantim_hooligan Member Posts: 143
    It should only be what you are *willing* to pay.

I've seen most 4Runners in the DC area going for around invoice. 4x2's go for well under invoice (at least here).

This one doesn't have cladding, right? Cladding versions are being given away.
  • robsjunxrobsjunx Member Posts: 2
    never ever pay MSRP. a friend of mine got a 4x2 SR5 with moonroof, 17" wheels, double decker cargo system, and some other equipment that i can't remember.......for $25k. here's a white sport edition 4x4:
    http://www.millertoyota.com/cgi-bin/showca5.cfm?id=033017
    you should try to negotiate with them to get it for invoice or even below. i was able to obtain my sport edition for $1k below dealer invoice.
    Thanks all,

Regarding $1000 below invoice, i think your friend got the 4runner w/ the $1500 rebate (i think it's for the old SR5 and sport models w/o color keyed bumpers.) Let me know if i am wrong.

Pls refer to http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/toyota/4runner/100192241/incentiv- es.html?tid=edmunds.n.prices.npt..7.Toyota*

if that's the case, he/she was paying $500 over invoice. The one in my mind has the YU option so it's not eligible for the $1500 rebate. Checked edmunds TMV and it shows that the TMV is about $700 over invoice. I will try to push and see if i can get closer to the invoice. Will keep you all posted.
  • randyg3randyg3 Member Posts: 1
    Color: Titanium Metallic

Options:
    Sunroof
    6CD
    Side and Curtain Airbags
    Spoiler
    DR Lights
    X-Reas
    Floor and Cargo Mats

Dealer price: 38,788
    I paid: 34,200
  • arickosmoarickosmo Member Posts: 1
    Last week I bought a black V8 4x4. Normal package, running boards, sunroof, dd cargo, 17" wheels, fog lights, floor mats(arg), roof rack.
    Got it for 29,600 in IN. 0% is really great too.
    Oh, and by the way, that V8 is a real mother. Just came from an Expedition and Tahoe with larger engines, and more weight. Get the V8 at whatever cost.
  • dmcypresstxdmcypresstx Member Posts: 6
    Drove a 2003 LTD 4x4 V8 Galactic Grey today, with XREAS, Moonroof, Side Air Bags, JBL 6CD, Rear Spoiler, DRL and ~$1.2K of Port Install dealer markup (sealant, extra sound proof yadda yadda yadda). Fantastic ride. Strong, firm, quiet and smooth. Local Toyota dealership MSRP was $41345. With little discussion the price came down to $38,900. Still seems very pricey. I was hoping for invoice, but they only have the one LTD 4x4 and they don't seem too interested in cutting that type deal. Does anyone out there have an idea about 2004 pricing (i.e., increase or about the same) since the 2004 models will be more plentiful and dealing may be easier. Thanks for any feedback.
    Don't waste your money on all that dealer installed garbage. I got my 4Runner (SR5) for $4,000 under MRSP. Can you find another dealer? Even if you have to drive a bit, it will be worth your while. Good luck - it's a great truck!
    Randy, I've looked all over the western states, and farther, and haven't ever seen a V8 2WD Limited with X-REAS. Good for you. Where did you get yours? How do you like it? Did you seek the X-REAS or did that just happen to be on the truck you bought? Did you do a build order or was it on the lot? Did they have any more V8 Limiteds with X-REAS, with NAV? How much was your price over invoice?
    Got a call from dealer, the truck finally arrived. MSRP 29670.00 and i paid 27226.00
    Options:
    Sunroof and Daytime running light only.
    Comments: the X-Reas are great, the V6 engine is somewhat noisey (compare w/ my Camry V6), The ride quality is better than i expected. The Auto Climate control is a plus. Dealer also throw in carpeted floor mats, trunk mat, and dash board cover. And the GAP insurance for 3 years.