Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• locomolocomo Member Posts: 29
    Anyone know what the new rebates for August are?
    Thanks
  • fossil95fossil95 Member Posts: 1
    We are interested in side-curtain airbags on a SR5 or Sport (in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area). Haven't found one yet, in fact, one dealer told us they weren't available on anything but the Limited (contrary to Toyota literature). Does anyone in my area have any input on this?

I also put out some internet quote requests to dealers, and all but one said "Come in to get the quote." Is this normal?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Toyota builds different vehicles in different configurations depending on the area of the country that you're in. It could very well be that they're not building SR-5 4-Runners with the side airbags in your area. The literature shows what the options are nationwide, but don't tell you what they have available in your particular area. With Toyota, you can not "order" a vehicle picking and choosing options either. As for the internet quotes, it is not uncommon so that they can narrow down the "real" people from those who are just fishing for info but don't have any intentions of buying. You may want to pick up the phone and it will probably get you alot more info more quickly.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • timjkatimjka Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V8 from a Toyota dealer in MD. After a month of price searching I feel I got a good deal.

Exterior color: Titanium
    Interior Color: Stone/gray cloth
    V8 engine
    4x4
    SR5
    OPTIONS
    AW Aluminum Alloy wheels
    CF Floor Mats
    CM Double Deck Cargo System
    DJ JBL AM/FM/Cass/CD w/ 8 speakers
    DR Roof rack
    ES Exhaust Tip
    GN Cargo net
    NE Leather steering wheel
    RF Rear Spoiler
    SR Power tilt/slide moon roof
    TR Transportation charge
    WH Wireless headphones
    WL Wheel Locks
    FE 50 state eission requirment

The cost was $28,870.00
    VA tax 3% + 914.07
    Tags & title + 78.00
    Processing fee + 99.00

TOTAL of $29,961.07 out the door.
  • rvalc43594rvalc43594 Member Posts: 31
    You should be able to special order a sport with the side airbags thru some toyota dealership. That's what i did and i live in NYC. Special ordered thru a dealer in NC. ;)
  • krajkraj Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy toyota 4Runner ( 05 model ) SR5 V6 4x4 in Seattle area. The options that I want are

1. Third row seat
    2. 115 Volt AC Power Point
    3. Daytime Running Lights

on internet ( such as cars.com ) shows Invoice as $28,111 and MSRP as 30,070. Can anyone give me some idea on how much should I pay for this ?
  • electroelectro Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. The best quote I have found in Nashville is $28,691 (but our Tn's tax is ove 9%) for a V-8 1005 4runner SR5 with similar options.
  • cocamolococamolo Member Posts: 1
    I was offered the following on a 2005 runner V6 4x4 withe the follwing features:
    17" alloy
    moonroof
    roof rack & cross bars
    rear spoiler
    convenience package(valor tail pipe and hood protector)
    Total MSRP was $32,322 (includes delivery charge)
    The dealere will not budge below $29,233 - ($500 or 3.9 apr)
    Is this a good deal?
    Dayton, OH
  • bkenjurabkenjura Member Posts: 1
    I too am looking into 4X4 V8 in TX (For tax reasons). Did the price include the $2000 rebate? I am looking to buy within the next 1-2 months.

I have found one in TX with similar options with an MSRP of ~ 34K.

Thanks
  • carheatcarheat Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase this vehicle with the following options SR, EJ, CM, RF, RL, &FE. Invoice is $31, 453 and MSRP is $35,495. However, dealers aren't budging from 32,700. What would be a good price on this vehicle? This price does not include $1500 rebate. Also, I have noticed a lot of V8's left on dealers lots in my area. Is there any hidden manufacturer to dealer incentives anyone knows of? Any info or help would be appreciated.
  • rickey24rickey24 Member Posts: 2
    Here is what are are looking at:

2005 SR5 V6 4x4
    17" alloy wheels
    roof rack and crossbars
    leather interior

Please note the leather interior as this is only standard in the Limited Edition. I have found it to be around $1200 to add leather. At this time $32K with 3.9% or 31.5K with rebate off the lot is the best I can find. I refuse to pay the dealers financial reserve, factory hold back and advertising fee. With this dropped the price would be right at 30K which is what I am shooting for. Is this reasonable? The prices I am being offered seem fair 6 months ago. This is clearance time and everybody has plenty of stock on their lots. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • rickey24rickey24 Member Posts: 2
    Fossil-
    It must be your area. They are littered all over the Phoenix area. They come with a package that includes the upgraded stereo, leather wrapped steering wheel, tinted mirror and dual level cargo upgrade.
  • dawnriverdawnriver Member Posts: 2
    timjka,

I'm looking for a SR5 4x4 V8 as well. I think you got a super sweet deal. Could me please post the dealership you bought your 4Runner from?

Thanks a lot.
  • shonuffshonuff Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 4Runner Sport or SR5 4X4 V8. What is the going purchase price right now in terms of cost either over or below invoice?

Also, does anyone know if you can use the $1500 rebate with the base money factor? Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • earcomearcom Member Posts: 16
    My last 4Runner was a 1986 with the fiberglass top so it has been a while but I am considering returning to the fold with a new 2005 V6 4WD. Does anyone know the 12K (36-48months) residuals and money factors for August in Denver Region? Can the $500 incentive be combined with the possibility of low lease rates?
  • mqnycmqnyc Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2005 4Runner Sport 4WD V6 today for:
    $29,289 - $500 Rebate = $28,789.

MSRP = $33,356
    Invoice = $30,038
    Purchase = $28,789

Following options were included:
    - Double Decker Cargo System
    - Rear Spoler
    - Power Moonroof
    - Daytime Running Lights
    - Carpet Floor Mats

I think it was decent deal. Any thoughts?
  • dawnriverdawnriver Member Posts: 2
    mqnyc,
    I think that was a very good deal. All dealers in my area want to sell it to me way above the invoice price. Where did you get it from?
  • mqnycmqnyc Member Posts: 6
    dawnriver,

Thanks for the response.

I got quotes from multiple dealers in MA by viewing their inventory online, finding cars of the same trim that that had similar MSRPs wtihin $100 of each other, and calling each directly and asking them about the details of the car and the dealer's final asking price for it after all rebates.

For those dealers that responded with $29,000, I asked that a copy of the invoice for the interested vehicle(s) to be faxed to me to evaluate the options. I told them that I wanted to get as much done over the phone and was ready to come in and close the deal on the same day if we could work out agreeable numbers.

I then let the dealers know that if they could go down any further, I'd go in to get the process started. Basically, you need to let them know you're ready to buy. After getting the cold shoulder from a few dealers and some nominal improvements from others, I picked the dealer that gave me the lowest price.

Surprisely, after getting to the particular dealership, I found them to be extremely pleasant to deal with.

I have to say that some dealers who work specifically with internet/phone sales did not even bother to try.

Good luck.

You can access the local dealer websites via www.toyotausa.com.
  • kg_red_starkg_red_star Member Posts: 10
    There seem to be a lot of 05's especially Limited's sitting on dealerships in the Puget Sound area. Every dealership seems to have 5-8 of them. Am thinking of trying to pick up an SR5 or Sport v8. Anyone got any good deals recently??

Red
  • 4runshoper4runshoper Member Posts: 13
    Is $100 over invoice good now on 2005 4runner before rebate, Etc.?

How motivated are new york dealers? :D
  • meko1meko1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the New England area and just purchased one of these last night (SR5 Sport w/v8). I was actually looking v6 at first but the dealer was willing to move more on price for the v8. I was somewhat suprised by this ... entertained the thought, looked at the mileage diff's on both (not much at all between the v6 and v8) Drove both ... and while the v6 is great ... the v8 was just WOW. 330lb of torque really hits you hard when you get on it .... there is a small delay when just dead dropping the pedal to the floor however, which I do believe is due to the new 5sp automatic. I think you get the option of 4sp or 5sp auto in the v6 model.

Pricing was pretty easy ...I had my listings from the weekend paper and then I called multiple dealerships before I chose the one I would walk into.. I was looking at a lease and checked out multiple websites online like Edmunds.com to check current incentives etc... It looks like Edmunds listed a 309.00/mo. lease for the v6 SR5 with 2K down ...I managed to get that over the phone for a Sport before even showing up with a trade. Try and get upfront prices before you go in. Not all dealierships will go with this, but if you can ballpark some stuff over the phone, and then show up with a trade-in, you can bang out a good deal ralatively quickly. A lot of places in this area were offering as little as 3K down for a 199/mo. lease on '05 SR5's while paying 3K under MSRP (MSRP - 3K - DP = Capital Cost). While I'm sure a lot of deals are dealer based at this point due to just getting rid of everything '05, I think most people can get dealer invoice if they push hard enough, or compensate by slightly paying more with haggling in a couple more options here and there
  • kevdogkevdog Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2005 4Runner over the weekend.....SR5, V6, 4WD, with the typical sunroof option rather than the 3rd row seating. MSRP was $32,241, invoice was $28,997.
    Salesman repeated they had many V8's in stock with larger rebates if I was interested, told him I wanted the V6, so he didn't push the V8 any longer. Had 2 V6 left, in gray and blue. Choose the gray model and began negotiating.
    It was more of a total purchase price with my trade-in and the 4runner lumped together. The receipt lists the 4runner purchase at $28,800 ($200 below invoice) and my trade-in (1998 Nissan Pathfinder in fair condition) at $5,400. CarMax offered $ 4,000, KBB was about $4,500. So my purchase price was probably a little lower and my car trade-in was a little lower too.
    I felt I got a pretty good deal, spent some time at the dealership, was ready to walk away 2-3 times. Even back in my Pathfinder before we decide to negotiate some more. They must have really wanted to move these. Very happy with everything!
    Did you pay the $595 destination charge?
  • kevdogkevdog Member Posts: 2
    Yep, that was included. Also choose the 3.9% financing over the $500 rebate. I was ready to walk away and wait for the 2006's, maybe that's what enabled me to push the envelope a little more and really push these guys for the lowest price.
    Thanks, Kevdog...I am similarly situated regarding 2006 model.
  • lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    Just bought a SR% 4runner v6 4x2 for $28500 +ttl+tax after $1k toyota rebate includes ( 17" Alloy Wheels w/P265/65R17 Tires , Double Decker Cargo System w/ Cargo Net Black Roof Rack & Cross Bars 50 State Emissions Leather Steering Wheel and shift knob: Includes:Cruise Control & Audio Controls on Steering Wheel Rr Spoiler w/Center High Mounted Stop Lam Daytime Running Lights Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade ** -Port Installed-(BM) ** -Port Installed-(SN) The Extra Mile Option Package A Cargo Net Nightvision Mirror Upgrade First Aid Kit Carpet Mat Set (5 pc) Carpet Floor Mats Rear Cargo Mat Security System Upgrade Custom Tape Stripe 7 Pin to 4 Pin Converter Wheel Locks No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
    Road Hazard Tire Warranty (3 years / 36,000 miles) Roadside Assistance (3 yrs/36,000 Miles Extra Mile Extended Life Tires (6 years / 100,000 miles)
    VIP Sales Follow-Up Vehicle Shield Package Lusterizing Sealant Sound Shield
    Sealant Cleaner Rental Car Assistance Leather Interior Upgrade W / Leather Faced Seats Liquicell Comfort Technology)

No Ertainment center, Navigation system

I was preapproved by my credit union and got qualified for 3.9% apy from toyota as well, called my credit union and they matched the APY to 3.95% real nice surprise from my credit union. So got APY of 3.95% from my credit union and $1000 rebate from toyota. Anybody using their credit union loan make sure to get the rate matched with toyota finance my credit union did withing 5 minutes.

Overall i am thinking it is a very nice deal with the options i had . Tried all dealers right from dallas to san antonio , houston to austin. Ended up buying in san marcos.

What everybody thinks about this options with this price?

Thanks
    Been hitting the dealers a bit the last few days looking at SR5 and SE V8's. When people are saying they got invoice and below are they they including all the misc other stuff in that price as the delaer quotes invoice.

Dealer invoice = invoice + TDA + holdback + wholesale finance etc.
    or just the invoice (base + invoice accessories) without all of that and then just adding tax, tags etc and destination.

Just a question to help clarify where I am on price. Thanks

Red
  • stevenb870stevenb870 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a LTD V-8 For invoice minus the rebate of 1750 but the best part it was exactly what I wanted and had no add-on packages.
  • stevenb870stevenb870 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a LTD V-8 for invoice minus a 1750 rebate for the v-8. Very little difference in mileage between the 6 and 8. MSRP 41,653, PD 35,335
    Did you ever buy your V8 sport?

I got the the same thing. MSRP approx 36k could bargain down to about what you did with TDA, destination etc all included but tags + tax on top. Still haven't decided what to do myself. Might be worth waiting for a 2006.

Red
  • hopeitsfridayhopeitsfriday Member Posts: 396
    Can anybody tell me, what is the TDA charge? I just got quote from an Internet manager for $529 for the TDA charge; does it have something to do with Toyota advertising?

thanks
    This is mentioned a few places on these forums but heres my knowledge.
    Toyota Dealer Advertising. A fee each delaer pays for the toyota adds on TV. This fee is part of every car invoice but it seems only toyota breaks it out as a line item. Dealers claim it is non-negotiable and you must pay it. I have been looking at 05 4runners for about 3 weeks now and non of the dealers will bend on this in the PacNW. What other fees are you getting hit with?

Red
  • mycarsmycars Member Posts: 7
    Got my 2005 4Runner SR5 4x4 v6 on Aug. 31, with
    - Third-row seat
    - Roof rack and cross bars
    - Rear Spoiler
    - 17" Alloy wheel
    - Carpet floor

Paid $28,155 (with destination charge included), probably around $500 below invoice. I live in PA and Toyota didn't offer rebate for the V6. Since I wanted the third-row seat, my selection was really dwindling so I decided to buy instead of waiting further.

With 6% sales tax and fees, out-the-door is $30K even.
    I am also getting charge for dealer holdback $767, wholesale financal reserve $383 do you know what that is? and $6 for gasoline lol.
  • yuenyuen Member Posts: 5
    That's a great buy, I paid $27,800 last month for a plain SR5 4WD. MSRP 31,190. They told me was $500 under invoice, then I find out the $27.8 is the invoice. O well, I love this 4runner tho. :cry:

BTW, which dealer in PA?
    Those are defined better elsewhere than I can here, but the short of it

Dealer holdback: is money returned to the dealer from toyota. Your cash t dealer = profit for them; bottom line. You can deal on this. I got 500 under invoice by getting most of this.

Financial reseve is basically their banking interest charges.
    They all charge $6 in gas to drive to the station and fill up your new vehicle: this one I never get. Such a trivial things.

Out of all these toyo dealers on seem to deal on DH.

Red
  • boxtypeboxtype Member Posts: 8
    meko 1,

Irregardless of engine all '05s are 5 speed compared to the '04s (4 speed)
    so how much did you purchase your? less than 199.00/ mo. lease?

Boxtype
    Just order a 2006 4Runner limited V8 for invoice price, also I got the Toyota $500 cash rebate on top of that. What is sweet deal.
    where did you order (state)?
    Did you get any incentives?
    And was that dealer invoice with TDA etc?

Red
    I ordered it in Massachusetts. There is currently a $500 Toyota rebate for the 06 which expires in 10/2/05 I believe. The invoice does include the TDA and all the other items we talk about earlier.
  • jcgrechjcgrech Member Posts: 1
    FYI:
    At least in Atlanta, the rebate on a V6 is $1000 and the rebate on the V8 is $2500. I was able to get an offer of $32,370 (that's the final price with 7% sales tax and the $589 handling fee--price offer was $29,500 (or $8,200 under sticker price) for an '05 V8 Sport with an MSRP of $37,700. Bascially, that's dealer invoice less $2500 for the rebate less the $650 dealer holdback, plus a little extra. The dealerships are full with '05 V8's and are willing to sell them for no profit at this point.
  • vtstevevtsteve Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the rebate amounts being given in Virginia presently? I saw below that someone got a Toyota $2500 rebate in Atlanta on a V-8, and wondered if this same rebate is available in Virginia. Also, does anyone know when the 2006 4-Runners will be out? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • stuartboniastuartbonia Member Posts: 56
    For Rebates you need to go to http://www.toyota.com/ and check the "find local specials".

The 2006 models should be out soon. I haven't seen them at my local dealers.
  • gurgs24gurgs24 Member Posts: 10
    Just signed the paper work to purchase a Limited 05 V8 4x4 for 33,500. MSRP was 41061 (basically all options minus nav and rear entertainment). So it basically came out to about 500 under invoice plus the 2500 cash back. I did like the look of the '06 headlights and fenders on the couple they had on the lot, but couldn't pass up the great deals on the '05's.
  • runacmrunacm Member Posts: 2
    I went in to lease an 06 Limited V6 in Colorado. What I got was one of the worst dealer experiences! Firstly, I spoke with three people on the phone and each one asked me the same questions about what I wanted. Then, I go in and the same three people ask me the same questions (Like they had never spoken to me before!!) and then throw me into the hands of a totally different person. This person then had to leave, so he put me on to another salesperson, who, as you can guess, asked me what I wanted again!! Also, two of these salespersons asked my wife an I if we would like anything. We said water would be nice.....well, lets say they didn't realize that they had forgotten 5 minutes later when I went to my other car and brought in a bottle of water. They were quoting 41K for an 06 limited V6 w/o 3rd row seats when other dealers were listing V8's with the 3rd row for 41.5K...landed up walking out after 2.5 hours of wasted time! Close these dealerships!! :mad:
  • soldier1soldier1 Member Posts: 10
    Could anyone provide me with their purchase price/best deal, they have gotten on a 2006 V8 SE 4Runner with sun roof as the only option. I have asked for bids from various dealers in my area, however, they seem a little slow in providing me with bids.Any information that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Most of the ones I asked just to price this up locally (PacNW) were quoting $1000 over Toyo invoice.
  • ducatiboyducatiboy Member Posts: 7
  • ducatiboyducatiboy Member Posts: 7
    Ok I am looking at a 2005 4Runner Sport...
    Black
    AM/FM/Cass/CD
    Air Conditioning
    Alloy Wheels
    All Wheel / 4 Wheel Drive
    Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
    Bucket Seats
    Captains Chairs
    Digital Climate Control
    JBL Sound System
    Keyless Entry System
    Leather Wrap Wheel
    Power Package With Cruise And Keyless
    Power Sunroof
    Privacy Glass
    Projector Foglamps
    Rear Spoiler
    Roof Rack
    Running Boards
    Sport Package
    Tilt Steering Wheel
    Towing Package
    Toyota S.T.A.R. Safety System
    Options as listed on dealers website
    Dealer has it listed at $34,806 Offered to me at $29,800 with 0% or $1750 off.
    What do you all think?
    I am in the Army deployed to the Middle East, looking to go home in a couple months and I can't test drive this SUV or anything, Thank god for the wife back home doing most of the "shopping" But I just won't have a good feeling until I get a few "Expert" Opinions
    Thanks in advance.
  • dantheman03dantheman03 Member Posts: 2
    My brother just got the same car w/out sunroof for $29,400 and 0% or $2000 off. He got it from Carmax which still has $300 off for all 05 and 06 cars until 10/3/05.