Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• acorpuz1acorpuz1 Member Posts: 4
    I've been driving my Nissan SE/CC for more than a year now (sold my Toyota T100 for it). Anyway, there are some annoying things that this pick up does. First of all if you move the shifter to drive, it seems like it take a few seconds before it engages (you step on the gas pedal and you're not moving, and then a split second later, your neck is jolted backward because of the truck sudden forward movement). Second, the play in the steering wheel is too much (4-5 inches)! It feels like my Willys Jeep of long time ago.
    Well, the truck is not a thrill after all, so maybe, I'm looking forward to install the for sale sign soon.
  • goobagooba Member Posts: 391
    Sorry to hear about your problems with the truck.What has the service dept told you about these problems?These are things that are covered under warranty.
  • mahimahimahimahi Member Posts: 497
    You described my '94 S-10 that I had a few years ago. Sounds like your service dept. needs to step up and take care of you. It might just be some simple adjustments on the tranny and maybe replacing some bushings in the steering system. Make them help you...I don't have any of that and I have 13K miles on my Frontier.
  • hawgwildhawgwild Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a new xe crew cab in july. i have an automatic,roof rack,and the alloy wheels. i was able to get a pretty good deal. i walked out the door with tax,tag ,title,destination,dealer fee for $18,300. i think i got a pretty good deal.
    although the night i drove my truck home i had a severe shake take place at 50-55mph. i took it to the dealer and they had it for 2 days. they could not find the problem and they were going to give me another truck. i test drove two more trucks and the second one i drove did the same thing. there were two bolts stripped out that held the bed down.two bolts later the problem was fixed. i still have a slight vibration but i just noticed the bed was off center.i think fixing that will alleviate the slight vibration. any one else with the same problem?
  • insider2insider2 Member Posts: 1
    Having a unique background in the automotive industry I have to wonder how a company like Nissan is still in business. Watching a company pull every cent out of the vehicle possible to reduce it's losses(35 Billion before Renaults buy in)is like holding back an ocean with a childs pail. And with Renault now in the drivers seat I can see it only adding to the downward spiral of this company. The lack of quality and performance of the vehicles can not be covered up with sporty ground effects or calling a re-sheetmetal makeover "All New". I can not believe when I saw the first prototype Frontier off the boat from Japan, under the camo we were sure it was a Ford Ranger. I guess I shouldn't have been suprised. With Engineers/technicians leaving the companies Farmington Hills engineering facility in droves something has to suffer. If you don't believe me take Motor Trends recent performance #s for the supercharged 3.3 Frontier, 17.2 seconds in the quarter does not come even close to 210 Horsepower in this package. Try about 40 horspower less, just what the non-supercharged vehicle is supposed to produce. This may just be another case of a company using smoke and mirrors knowing that the market will not hold them accountable.
  • 2001nissan2001nissan Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2000 Ranger Trail Head(has same suspension and ground clearance as a 4x4 but 2wd). I was looking at the crew cabs when they first came out and I wanted one then, but budget and the bank only let me afford the Ranger. 6 months later I have a new job and I am able to afford one. Now all I have to do is sell the Ranger. I am getting a 2001 SE-V6 Crew Cab. As for quality in the Nissan product. My parents own 2 2000 Maxima SE's LOADED 17in rims and all. They had owned a 99 Honda Accord EX-V6 and the quality and performance of that car was nothing to the compared to the maxima. Cant wait to sell my ford! And drive the nissan. The 2001 Crew Cab is one of the best looking smaller trucks in my own opinion!
  • lflsdlflsd Member Posts: 5
    I absolutely love the restyling of the CC. However, I am somewhat peeved with Nissan. I am quite surprised that after introducing the CC in 2000, they restyle it in 2001. I have the 2000 CC and I now have a vehicle that after owning less than one year is out of style. Personally, I think that sucks and plan to have a heart to heart conversation with my Nissan dealer. I was not aware when I purchased that Nissan planned a major facelift. I hope that they will offer me a decent trade-in and I can get the 2001.
  • dorkboy101dorkboy101 Member Posts: 1
    i went to nissan of orange in s cal and got a quote for 2001 king cab 17,200... tax and license included. it is manual, no power win or door. i do have ac and cd. i also told them to put the fat flared fenders from the crew cab on(the fenders on the king cap look very sorry). msrp is 15,700. does anyone know broker around orange county who can get me a better deal(considering this is a 3 week old truck)
  • everfreddyeverfreddy Member Posts: 1
    i just got an se crew cab, power, utility package,
    bed liner, bed extender, and floor mats for 22,600 out the door taxes and fees everything.i bought it through a site called enissan.com. i had considered going through car club.com who's prices seemed great, but didn't accept nissan financing. enissan's base price was higher but they don't charge you advertising fees. so the end cost was only a couple hundred more. once financing went through i got my car in 48 hours. no hassle at all, no one trying to sell you extended warrantees and they deliver it to your door. highly recommend if you're buying in the los angeles area.
  • prophet2prophet2 Member Posts: 372
    With AT, power, sport (sunroof and CD/cassette player), utility (tubular rack) packages, $21,200 + TTL (about $22,400 OTD). Bedliner and cargo extender extra, at dealer cost.

Freddy's deal sounds better. But, I think I can live with this one ........ they have it in my #1 color choice.
  • ccmaybeccmaybe Member Posts: 23
    Go for it! You won't regret it! Enjoy!
  • soggydogsoggydog Member Posts: 67
    Just bought the very same 4x4 SE I referred to in post #436. Paid $23,893. I really like the truck, it has plenty of power for me and the ride is great. The improvement over my 83 Nissan 4x4 is staggering. I was considering waiting for the supercharger until I found out that in addition to having a reduction in gas mileage you have to use premium fuel. My only complaint so far is that the factory sticker on the truck says it has the "security system with remote keyless entry".Well, mine has the keyless entry but no security system lite where the book shows it. All indications are that it does not have the system installed. My dealer is checking it out. but they really dont have alot of information on the 2001s yet. Anyone with a 2001 SE notice this problem?
  • tls44b4tls44b4 Member Posts: 2
    i purchased my new truck on 08/28/00 from a houston area nissan dealership. it had a few more options than i wanted, but i got the color i wanted. it is solar yellow se 2wd with at,roof rack, tilt, cruise, sunroof, cd changer, bed liner, bed extender, and black leather interior. i negotiated the price for $250.00 over invoice. my drive out was $23,800 i hope i got a good deal, some of my friends say i did.
  • tls44b4tls44b4 Member Posts: 2
    oh yeah i forgot to mention it did come with a factory security/panic alarm system
  • ebbgreatdaneebbgreatdane Member Posts: 278
    Has anyone found the pricing for the new super charged models? I didn't see the option listed in the new 2001 Frontier line-up for Nissan within Edmunds...

With regards to the poor quarter mile results for the SC models mentioned in earlier posts, whose looking to race? I need to haul and I personally don't want my trailer/boat being rocketed through the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds or less.
  • rpmonaharpmonaha Member Posts: 1
    There is a Nissan dealership very close to where I work. For at least 3 months, there has been a solar yellow, Frontier V6 SE CC sitting on the lot. It has an automatic trans. and a roof rack. From the limited amount of research that I have done, I would say that this particular truck is loaded. Given the amount of time that this vehicle has sat on the lot, and the fact that the 2001's have come out, that 2000 model is going to do nothing but depreciate. With that in mind, what would you guys recommend offering the dealership for that truck. I was thinking about offering them $20K. Does that sound ridiculous?
    Try $2,ooo to $2,500 less than the actual factory sticker total. Forget about any other silly dealer prep/paint protection, bla bla bla, that they have added to their own dealership sticker.
  • wizeguywizeguy Member Posts: 1
    If you want more power from the s/c fontier you always have the options of putting a smaller pulley on it! I'm sure stillen (www.stillen.com) has something up their sleave too. ;)

Its a $1,500? upgrade? For me to add a s/c to my Maxima it'll cost $3,800. The frontiers sounds like a deal to me.
  • wguidrywguidry Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a new frontier cc 2001 in Louisiana, at Giles motors in Lafayette, got it for 22,600 ttl, otd, best i could get, and i am really satisfied, except i am having difficulty finding accessories for it , such as toolbox and nerfbars, anyway, its an XE loaded, except for sunroof and leather, silverice, just like the web picture, thanks for listening
    try nissan-accessories.com They have step rails just for your truck. I got the water resistant seat covers from them for my 2001SE/CC. they are custom fit and look good. I am also going to order the front guard and bed rails. These are genuine nissan accessories and will match the roof rack and step rails.
    hey, thanks a lot, i emailed the nissan-accessories.com and requested the things i wanted, i should get a response soon, i would like the bed rails and or the utility box and nerf bars or running boards, again thanks
  • lilly2000lilly2000 Member Posts: 25
    has any one intall day time running lights.
    because in canada they do hav them,, it could be just a readlay it needs,,
    doe anyone out there would know, if it can be done
    I'm very happy that my truck DOES NOT have them.
    They are more of a distraction. Most people are attracted to looking into them when approaching, they then aren't paying attention to WHERE they are going.
    (CCMAYBE) WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN, THOSE YOU STATE GIVE DISCOUNT, FOR DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, IN NY STATES THE INSURANCES COMPANIES DO GIVE DISCOUNT FOR DAY TIME RUNING LIGHTS
    YOU DONT LIKE THEM,,
    DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHOS HAS INSTALL THEM, I LIVE IN THE EAST COAST. PEOPLE DONT GET DISTRACTED TO EASY. YOU ARE INTITLE TO YOUR OPINION, AND I RESPECT THAT. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAV YOUR TRUCK? have you had any problems with it.
    Lilly 2000,
    I have my Crew Cab since February 2000 and have 11000 miles with no problems...
    CCMAYBE,, IT IS GOOD TO HERE THAT, I JUST BOUTH MY IN JULY, IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR LET ME KNOW. I'LL DO THE SAME.. WE ARE OWNER OFF CC WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER, WITH ANY COMMON PROBLES WE MAY FACE
    ...TO ALL CC OWNER....LETS HELP EACH OTHER........
    I HAVE A AZTEC RED. I LOVE IT..IT ONLY HAS 2000 MILES UP TO NOW... CCMAYBE,, DO YOU A BED COVER ON YOURS... I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE.. MY COMUTE IS HIGH WAYS AND SOMEONE SAID THE WIND HOLES THE TRUCK BACK A LITTLE.. DO YOU HAV A BED COVER
  • croy2croy2 Member Posts: 45
    I too have a 2000 CC, SE (Sand Dune). Over 12000 miles now with absolutely no problems. I am sure that you will love this truck. I have a snuglid hard tonneau cover. The cover looks great, but it adds little if any improvement in performance or MPG. Go to Yahoo and click on clubs. Their is a club titled the Frontier clubhouse that has hundreds of CC owners. In the messages section, you will find more info. than you ever wanted to know. This club is a great resource for CC owners. Enjoy the ride!! There are photos of my bed cover posted in the clubs photo section.
    Lilly 2000,
    My Crew Cab is black. It was my last color choice, my first choice was silver ice but the dealer wrecked the truck just before I got there to pick it up. They sideswiped another truck on the lot. I have a Sportmasters softTonneau cover on it. Try the website at www.sportmasters.com and you'll see it. As the other post told you come on over to the frontier club on Yahoo there is I believe 345 people already in the club since January.
    thank you guys, croy2 and ccmaybe.
    great help.. will keep intoch
    i'll check the clubs,,
    will problablely talk to each other there..
    i'll keep you guys inf of anything,, i mite add, or go wrong with mine..........i love my cc.
    I HAD AN ALTIMA 2000 SE,, GREAT CAR.. BUT I AM A TRUCK GUY, SO I WENT BACK BACK SIX MOTHS LATER....
    TOP GET ME THE CC,, I ALLWAYS WANTED A TRUCK,,,BUT THEY ALL WERE TOW SITTERS. NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR 4 PEOPLES,,, UNTILL NISSAN CAME UP WITH THE CC,,, AND NOW EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURE IS FOLLOWING NISSAN STEPS......TALK LATER
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Be careful, the dealer will use aftermarket parts to avoid paying the higher price of OEM equipment. There are a lot companies that sell power window/door lock kits that will no where resemble the factory equipment. Same for the AM/FM cassette and A/C. Best to have the dealer agree to installing factory equipment prior to signing any contract. Good luck.
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    Did they do anything to change the seats inside the cab for 2001? I sat in a 2000 model and the seats felt real soft (sorta like sitting in sponge cake) to me. I had the same problem with the Xterra, not to mention not enough leg room. Anyway, I LOVE the way the 2001 models look (esp. the front end) and would love to get one. Also, what is the normal price for a 2WD regular cab 4-cylinder automatic on the East coast? Thanks!
    has anyone though of installing the 01 cc headlights on 99 or 00 crew cab,, if anyone has done it, let me know if it fit, or any alterations, need to be done,,
    Ihave a 2000 cc,, and the 01 has nice looking lights
  • captaction1captaction1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what would be a good price to pay for a 2001 Frontier CC SC 4x4? I'm looking to buy a new truck and need a ball park figure to start the bargining with.
  • steveatnissansteveatnissan Member Posts: 1
    A tough question to answer, as an Internet Sales Manager for the Nissan product here in Tampa, We suspect that there will be an "LAS" (Limited Availability Surcharge)fee associated with the new Super Charged Crew Cab they will come out at the End of Nov-- if you wish you can email at [email protected] and I'll let you know what they are selling for in our area (Tampa market)
    Steveatnissan
    Steve what dealership do you work for? I live in the area(closer than you might think)and bought my CC here, from a dealer in the area. Wanted to give you some of my experience from my purchase.
    Never mind I see your e-mail address, is that the dealership on Ulmerton in Clearwater? Or somewhere else?
  • nikecarnikecar Member Posts: 460
    If you are still there (I'm sure) end of year-Jan, we live in tampa and are possibly looking at the Sentra. I've placemarked you address to contact you closer to the buy date. We have a car that comes off lease last day of Nov, and will be looking after that. I bought my Altima in 99 at Precision (now Courtesy.) nissan
    Hey guys, anyone know what to do about the rough ride in the 2001 frontier crewcab? This thing rides like a buckboard wagon lol, Any comments would be appreciated. Again thanks for all the info yall have provided, i got my step rails and they look nice and ive got some water resistant seatcovers on the way,
    WGUIDRY,, REMEMBER YOU PURCHASE A TRUCK,, NOT A CAR,,, I HAV A 2000 CC AND IT RIDES VERY WELL, YES IT IS SOMETHING BUMPY, ON RUGH SURFACES,, BUT THAT SOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM, BECAUSE IT IS A TRUCK,, JUST LOVE IT,, IS A GREAT TRUCK, CAR,SUV,EVRYTHING,, THAT'S WAY I GOT ONE.........
    YOU CAN ADD K&N FILTER SAME SIDES AS THE FACTORY ONE, JUST TAKE OUT THE FACTORY ONE AND DROP THE K&N ON,FOR MORE HORSE POWER AND BETTER GASS MILAGE. GOOD LUCK
    Thanks for the info, i know its a truck, but seems like i read about some shocks that will smooth out the ride a bit, anyway, what are you talking about with the k&n filters, i dont know what your are referring to, please explain, again thanks
    hi!!!!!!! the k&n filter,,
    if you change the factory filter for a k&n filter. you will get more horse power and better gas milege on the truck,,,, the filter only cost $49.90,, and if you are thinking of keeping the truck for atleast 5 years the filter is washeable
    never need to buy another filter... if you want to spend more money you can go to www.stille.com and buy a filter kid they have for xterra and frontiers... check it out.. www.k&n.com too
  • austriash1austriash1 Member Posts: 12
    I'm buying a 00 Frontier King Cab Desert Runner. Any advice on which cap or tonneau to get?
  • brianphabrianpha Member Posts: 25
    HELP!!
    I am getting ready to buy a truck and I have narrowed down to the Frontier and the Dodge Dakoda Quad cab....can anyone help me with my decision? I would appreciate any advice you can offer!
    Thanks!!

Brian
  • nissancrewcabnissancrewcab Member Posts: 12
    The Dakota Quad Cab is a beautiful truck. Unfortunately it's not nearly as reliable as the Nissan. Go to Yahoo.com and the Nissan Frontier Clubhouse and ask your question there too. My understanding is Dodge products eat transmissions.
    Even if it's warranteed you don't need the aggravation. I have my 2000 Crew Cab since February 2000 and have 12000 miles with ZERO problems. I hope I helped you.
    Robert
  • texasteasiptexasteasip Member Posts: 3
    Haven't seen any sale pricing recently for '01 CC.
    Just completed deal for SE, auto, deluxe pkg., mats, under rail liner, and extender for $21,300. Also able to get the 5.9% for 48 mos.. Thus far dealership in Dallas area unable to locate white with under rail liner. Really wanted tonneau cover but none available as of yet. Tried to get dealer to sell to me at cost when available but he recommended aftermarket route!? Anyone doing better than this price on similar vehicle. Hope it is as dependable as my '94 KC 4X4 with 55k miles.
  • lv2basslv2bass Member Posts: 2
    I will be paying $24,699 plus T&T. Dealer in Maryland. Wonder if any apple to apple owner has done better. Be quick for I sign on Monday.
    THINK,, THINK ABOUT THE MECHANICAL FACTOR OF THE TRUCK, THE NISSAN HAS A HIGHER RESALE VALUE,, AND ARE LESS LIKELY TO BREAKDOWN,,, SOME WILL,,, BUT THE ADS AGAINS DODGES CARS TO LAST FOR A LONG TIME IS VERE TIGHT,,, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ROOMIER GO WITH Q,,,,,,,,,,C.. BUT REMEMBER IS UGLY,,,,, I THOGH OF BYING ONE BACK IN JULY,, AND I CHOOSE A 00 FRONTIER WITH EVERYTHING EXECT THE SUNROOF IS NO GOOD,, THE RACKS GIVE BETTER LOOKS..
    DONT PAID FOR 2335.00 OK AUTO. CD, POWER EVERYTHING,, EXTENDE RACK, UNDER OR OVER THE RAIL LINER, AND 4/4.... IF YOU GET ONE WICH EVER YOU GET CHANGE THE FILTER TO K&N FILTER BETTER GAS AND POWER. TAKE CARE
  • cecedogcecedog Member Posts: 3
    Could i hear some feedback on gas mileage on the v6 5spd and the v6 automatic?? I purchased the 4 cylinder 1998 model in 1999 to save on gas but i'm only getting 17-19mpg. 1998 Frontier 4x4 SE 5 spd. i do not drive aggressively and the dealer says the injectors are working fine.
    Thanks
    THE 4 CYLENDER WON'T DO ANY GOOD,, BECAUSE IS CARRUING THE SAME POUNDS AS A V6,,, ALLWAYS GO V6
    UNLESS YOU ARE BYUING A SMALL PICK UP. I HAVE AN SE V6 AUTO,,00,, I PUT AN K&N FILTER AND I GET 15% MORE MILE PER GALLON,, TRY IT... IT WIRKS GOOD,,
This discussion has been closed.