Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ramzey28ramzey28 Posts: 130
    edited July 2011
    I bought mine end of march for 31800 otd, msrp 37100. 2011 TE with exhaust tip, cargo cover, locking lugs. No trade. Bought in mass. 11 miles on it. Built in Jan.
  • rico123rico123 Posts: 1
    Wow, that sounds like a good price. That's almost $10k less than the quotes I got. Could you tell me the dealer's name and location?
  • That is exactly what I want. Can you tell me what dealership you went to? Also what was the "invoice" price that they offered (prior to taxes, and other fees). Thanks in advance.
  • thats still too high for New Endgland anyway.
    I purchased same car as you EXACTLY except its pearl white and i bought it last october, a year ago, when they just started to get them from japan. I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. i also had to special order it because no one had the pearl white color. they found one for me in CT and brought it to MA.
    I paid exactly $33775 out the door! :)

Heres a few hints to everyone when negotiating:

1. see what the TMV pricing is at edmunds... (DEMAND THAT PRICE OUT THE DOOR!!!)
    2. Never negotiate with salesmen, youll never win. (No such thing as a good deal)
    3. call ahead and talk to fleet manager ONLY
    4. tell him you will pay (THE TMV PRICE) out the door.....

when i was buying this car the sticker for it was 35k plus, probably close to 35500, the sticker price MEANS NOTHING GUYS! its only their wishful thinking!
    I knew what i was gunnna pay for this car before I even called the toyota dealer. I admit the first dealer i called said no, but i got the 3rd dealer to say yes, and we agreed on the price right on the phone
    i walked in the dealer, the fleet manager greeted me, introduced me to a salesmen that only did my paperwork bcuz we already settled on a price...

Thats how its done folks...

P.S.
    never buy extended warrantees on new cars, expecially toyotas. those are 100% profits for the dealer. waste of money. the chance of a new toyota breaking are slim to none before 100k miles...
  • Now thats a great deal!
  • Went into dealer tonight..was attempting to compare a 2012 Limited with Nav and DVD to the 2012 Honda Pilot Touring. Sales manager told me that you can't get both on a 4Runner, and the only thing they could do was add an after market DVD player for $1600. He also told me that the best he could do would be $38,500-$38,800. Said the only reason he could do that is because his dealership is "paid for"..I think this price and him are a load of BS. I am trying to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Thoughts?
  • Looking to buy a 2011 this month can you tell me what state youre from and what dealer you bought it from
  • I didn't buy it. But, I am in Louisiana, and the dealer is Hampton Toyota.
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    These two vehicles are totally different in nature. The Honda is on a revised mini van platform, the 4Runner is a ladder-frame and very tough.

What are you going to be using this for?

Grocery getter - Honda
    Off Road and Rugged - 4Runner

Not to bash the Honda, it depends on WHAT YOU WANT.
  • Here is what im being offered - a 2012 Limited, Nav, Tint, Running Boards, Sliding back deck -

$38,500 - Yes this is a 2012 - they want to move it before month end... I think this is awesome - but let me know what others think
  • I am shopping around for 2012 4runner, May i know the dealer and location please where you got the quote please
  • Negotiated deal on new 4Runner: 2012 Model 8642 S/R5 4X2. Options: FE 50 State Emissions, SC Special Color (Blizzard Pearl), PE Sport Fabric-Trimmed Front Sweats; 8-way Pwr-Adjustable Driver's Seat w/Pwr Lumbar Support; 4-Way Pwr-Adjust able Front Passenger Seat; CF Premium Carpet Set - Carpet Floor Mats, Rear Cargo Mat;. MSRP $32960. Selling price $30,469 plus $1086 to add dealer installed leather (2 rows) and $150 doc fee.
  • toyota_4runnertoyota_4runner Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    MSRP $37,076

New 2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Options

120V/400W AC Power Outlets
    50 State Emissions
    Alloy Wheel Locks
    Anti-Theft Alarm System w/Engine Immobilizer
    Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
    Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
    Convenience Package
    Fabric-Trimmed 50/50 Split Fold-Flat 3rd Row
    Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
    Sport Fabric-Trimmed Power Front Seats
    Trunk Carpet
  • And also what is reasonable fee for the dealer to deliver from PA to AL?

Is the deliver fee included in the "Manuf, Delv, Proc & Hndlg fee---$855"

Thanks
  • Why would you want to have a 2012 shipped from PA to AL?
  • I am shopping, to buy 4Runner 2011/2012 4x4 SR5
    what its the pricing now ????
    SOCAL market 92814
  • Anyone 6' 4" good with the fit in '12 4Runner....do we need to go without the sunroof?

Most all builds include sunroof, any dealers with non-sunroof models out there?
  • atata1atata1 Posts: 1
    i am looking to buy a SR5. is it possible get it at around invoice price ?
    thanks
  • I purchased a 2012 4runner SR5 4x2 a few days ago. It has the convenience pkg (CP), display audio with nav (EE) third row seat (TH), 3M window tint, nitrogen filled tires-(worthless). unfortunately it has the toyoguard elite on it ($699 msrp alone!)

I'm in Florida, so the southeastern BS is something you have to work around.

I paid $33685 total (including all southeastern fees, dealer fees, toyoguard elite) ---not including taxes. Heck, most of the 4 runners come with Toyoguard elite!

When I negotiated online with multiple dealers, I pointed out the unwanted toyoguard, etc. and sat back and got some quotes. I got the top 4 quotes and let them battle it out. Then when I thought they were still a little high-- I put out a magic number, --that i knew was a little low. Taking into consideration the holdback and unwanted southeastern addon.

I got one quote that was a little lower than my price, but by the time I spent going to get it and the fuel in volved, I would have spent the money saved. the dealer I bought it from was only 15 min from me. (they were actually pretty good to deal with)

So, I wonder--taking into consideration on where I live--in Florida--

Was $33685 (not incl taxes and tag) a good price for the options that I have? It seemed to be, so when they decided to cut most of what the Toyoguard costs off of the price, I jumped on it.
  • I forgot to add my sticker price was $36920 plus dealer fee of a whopping $700!!!! So--extra charges involved, some negotiable--- $700 dealer fee, $699 toyoguard elite, $880 processing and handling fee, and not listed on the sticker, but included--the southeastern dist charge of $900 (can't remember the exact amount, but it was close.)

Most dealers in my area were around $500-700 + more than what I got it for. One was a little cheaper, but was out of the area--gas money would have broke about even.