Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dushma1dushma1 Member Posts: 8
    Got 04 Limited 4X4 V6 with 3rd row seating for $33,832 plus tile/doc fee($150/$52) plus tax. I got 4.9% on loan. Waited for 2 weeks and finally got it. Per dealer ship they gave me $250 under invoice to me and who cares as long as I got a good deal.
    Also check the price on Edmunds and there price with less options then what I got is $35,000 plus so I am happy and its a great SUV.
    Talked to few other dealerships and they don't even want to talk around this price.
    Dealership tied to make money on selling me the warranty for $2000 for 5 years or 75,000 miles. and I got them down to $1500 for 7 years/100,000 miles for platinum for Toyota with road side assistance. I know they made $100 over their Toyota web site invoice but I can always go back and have them change it as it is a prepaid expense. Talked to a friend with 4x4 experience and per him I can easily use warranty for more then what I paid as there is more ware and tare on 4x4's.
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    response to royal7
    post #312 'What's this Toyota Advertising Fee?'

This evening I sat down with the sales representative to review the price of a 2004 4Runner. I offered $200 over invoice. They would not accept less then $700.00 over. They advised that they pay a TDA (Toyota Dealers Association) advertising costs for each vehicle and this cost is added to the final price.

Invoice for this 4Runner is $38,462.00, they are requesting $39162.00. This vehicle is not in stock, they will order and will try to have by late November.

This additional $500.00 will not defer me from the purchase.
    My question is... Is this a real cost to the dealer or just another way to add additional profit?

This was the only dealer of the FIVE that I have contacted that has offered to find this 4Runner so maybe supply and demand will be costing me a little more.
  • lukeglukeg Member Posts: 32
    I am picking up my 4Runner tomorrow. I paid for it $32,152 +TTL. It is Titanium 2004 V8 4Runner 4x4 Sport with
    - Upgraded JBL system with 10 speakers
    - Sunroof
    - Double decker cargo system
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Daylight running lights
    - floor mats

Also I am putting tomorrow Waag FrontRunner and Rear Bumper Guard on. I have those babies waiting at home ready to go.

I bought 4Runner through one of the dealers in middle TN and waited almost 2 months for it to come in.
  • vodgutvodgut Member Posts: 162
    From what I understand, the TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) is a legit fee. I think there's an article somewhere here on Edmunds that mentions this. It's the fee Toyota charges the dealerships to put those snazzy Toyota commercials you see on TV all the time that list your local dealerships. It's too bad that I haven't found a pricing site that lists invoice along with this fee. What I've heard is that it varies a lot by region, and that's why the pricing sites don't list it. It's too bad, it would be nice to know.

You can ask to see the manufacturer's invoice from the dealer, especially if you're negotiating from invoice. I believe it should be in there.
    Thanks vodgut.

I will accept TDA as the cost of buying the truck. Prices vary alot by regions ...... Why?
    Probably costs much more to advertise in places like Northern New Jersey - New York - Connecticut than in rural areas like Bucksnort, Tennessee or Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.

So why do some people end up buying at invoice or a couple hundred over? The dealer is probably passing on a factory to dealer incentive to make the sale or just accepting less. In my region an incentive to the dealer is currently $400.00 on the Runner, this ends 11/3.

I would like to see TDA as part of the MSRP.
  • aroutharouth Member Posts: 45
    The dealership I dealt with included the TDA in the invoice price. My invoice that I calculated on Yahoo Auto's, Edmunds, and KBB was $650.00 lower than what the dealer sent me. And frankly I don't buy it. My Dad is a Ford guy and he has been buying for invoice for years. Ford advertises just as much as Toyota, and he has never had to pay an advertising fee.
  • bmc5bmc5 Member Posts: 16
    ...so the invoice price as listed on most auto sites (including Edmunds) does not include these extra fees (TDA, Holdback, Delivery Allowance, etc.)? So when factoring a final invoice price how would you determine what these extra fees would add up to? Is there an overall certain percentage that is factored in to the base msrp or invoice price? What fees are fair and should be included and what are not? I'm just trying to figure out what the final price should be at invoice and then add any/all of these fees. It is very confusing and any/all help is welcomed.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This blurb relates to our TMV pricing, not invoice pricing, but may shed some light:

"Many vehicle invoices include a legitimate advertising fee levied by either the manufacturer or regional dealer groups. Ad fees can range from less than 1% of the vehicle's MSRP to more than 3%, depending on region. Metropolitan-area dealers are more likely to charge higher advertising fees than rural dealers. Whenever there is an advertising fee, we take it into account when calculating TMV." (link)

Toyota gets a lot of grief around Town Hall for their TDA fees. They don't break out other costs of doing business and stick them in the invoice. People would really scream about a Toyota Dealer Electric Use fee!

Concentrate on the out the door price and it won't be as big an issue.

Steve, Host
  • bmc5bmc5 Member Posts: 16
    ...when you say "out the door price" what would you factor into the final price? so you're saying if a 4runner with a base msrp of $30,000 with a 4% ad fee (ny area) the extra fee that would be added on would be $1,200? just trying to get a better handle on this crazy additional pricing. thanks for your help.
    An out the door price to me means everything it takes to drive the car off the lot - tags, registration, tax, price, etc. About the only extra I'll have to come up when I get home is insurance.

It's hard to compare out the door pricing on Town Hall because sales taxes vary widely, not to mention ad fees.

But if you focus on what it costs you to do the deal, then you can let the dealer focus on how they want to allocate the proceeds of the deal, and you don't have to worry what amount goes to ad fees or commissions or the light bill.

Steve, Host
    are part of MSRP. They're not part of a national invoice, however. It is annoying if you're trying to negotiate from invoice, because you don't really know what invoice is. Maybe this is Toyota's way of obfuscating that, rather than just building ad fees into the base invoice of all vehicles.

Steve is right, in cases like this, focus on getting the best overall deal, rather than in comparison to invoice. You can also look at no haggle dealers or places like carsdirect.com to see what numbers you shouldn't have to pay more than.
  • icepicicepic Member Posts: 10
    Just to clarify... Don't let a dealer try to charge you extra for Dealer Holdback. Dealer Holdback is always included as part of the invoice and is already built into the Invoice price you see on Edmunds. Dealer Holdback is money that is given back to the dealership after the car is sold. Toyota also returns additional money back to the dealership in the form of "Wholesale Financial Reserve". The invoices you see from a Toyota dealership break these into separate line items, but you will also notice that the invoice prices for the other options and base vehicle appear to be lower (than on Edmunds). If you add all of the costs together it will total the invoice price you get from Edmunds.

Toyota calculates holdback differently in different regions. In the Southeast it works like this...

Holdback = 2% of Total Invoice (including all options, not including destination.)
    Wholesale Financial Reserve = 1% of Base MSRP (not including options or destination charges)

So, in the case of a Limited 4X4 V8 with a Base MSRP of 36970, a Total Invoice price (with options) of 38464 (Base Invoice of 33012). Holdback would = 769.28 and Wholesale Financial Reserve = 369.70 for a total of 1138.98 that is given back to the dealership after they sell the vehicle. Price they pay after the vehicle is sold = 38464 + 575 (destination) - 1138.98 = 37900.02.

Remember, this is money given back. These figures are included in the total invoice price. You just need to realize that the price the dealer pays for the vehicle is at MOST, Invoice Price - (Holdback + Financial Reserve). If they're a high volume dealer with good customer satisfaction ratings, they probably have even more incentives from Toyota. In my opinion, this money should pay for a lot of the costs of doing business + some profit if the vehicle doesn't sit on the lot too long. I'm not saying you should pay 1138 less than Invoice or even pay Invoice... You may pay more... But it's good to understand how it works. I hope I didn't confuse the issue.

I would always try to negotiate away any dealer doc fees. This is a cost of doing business and is in part paid for by Holdback and other dealer incentives. TDA - Another cost of doing business, but you may be stuck with this one.

Like it's been stated before... Concentrate on the Out the Door price.
  • mfjarvind69mfjarvind69 Member Posts: 14
    I just bought a Galactic Grey '04 Sport w/ Sunroof, 6CD JBL, Double Decker cargo, airbags,rear spoiler, alarm system for $32275 out the door w/ 2.9% financing from Stevinson automotive in Denver, Colorado.They have great customer service! However, I had an awful experience at Burt Toyota. I had an Acura to trade in and the salesman made an offer, then retracted the offer, then refused to even begin negotiation and just passed.I had the edmunds trade in figures and he said edmunds was never an industry standard! He also said I didn't know what I was talking about! When I tried to tell him about the terrible customer service, he just laughed and walked away! I even noticed his managers were smiling and the whole experience was terrible! Hard to imagine toyota associates themselves with such dealers...incidentally, for anyone going to Burt, the saleman who will not offer any kind of customer service is Joey D'Amico. Beware! Anyone else have such experiences? Sorry for this post here, but I was really angry with such behaviour! Any courses of action i should take regarding this?
  • alfster1alfster1 Member Posts: 273
    Congrats on your 04 purchase. Don't be sorry for posting here....We can all learn from each other's experiences.

As for my personal experience, it was pretty good overall. I would characterize it as painless friendly haggling. The various quotes that I had from other dealers and Edmunds were very helpful and made the negotion process pretty streamlined. Because I picked up the car that same day on a Saturday, it took awhile to have my 03 v8 Limited loaded ready. In the process of prepping it, the jackals who were washing my 4runner scratched the left rear bumper. I was pissed, but promised a quick repair the following business day, which came out very well. Overall, I was happy with my experience, but I might suggest that if anyone purchases a car, you might want to do without the complimentary potentially damaging car wash.
    There are two Stevinson's in Denver, Stevinson East and Stevinson West. Which one did you go to?

While I was shopping for my '03, one of the dealers I talked to was Stevenson East. They seemed pretty good, although I didn't end up buying there. Their best price was about what I got on carsdirect.com.
  • slitorslitor Member Posts: 29
    I installed everything from Wagg, check out my pictures in the accesorries forum. I put on my 03 SE Runner the side tubes, and the rear bumper guard
  • lukeglukeg Member Posts: 32
    I picked up the 4Runner today and added WAAG front and rear bumper guard right away. 4Runner looks unbelievable. I will post some pictures shortly.
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    "Any courses of action i should take regarding this?"

Punch him in the nose!
  • desertmandesertman Member Posts: 30
    After calling the MVD numerous times, I finally got clear info on the compulsory taxes and fees you should be paying when purchasing a new vehicle in Arizona:

1) Transaction Privilege Tax
    2) Vehicle License Tax (VLT)
    3) Registration Fee
    4) Title Fee
    5) Postage Fee
    6) Air Quality Research Fee
    7) Air Quality Compliance Sticker Fee
    8) Tire Disposal Fee

The “privilege” tax is simply the sales tax – the same one (usually 8.1% in metro Phoenix) that you pay on all other retail purchases. This tax typically adds thousands of dollars to a new vehicle purchase.

The VLT is an interesting beast – and no one I know had a clue as to how it’s calculated. Here’s how: take the Base MSRP of the vehicle you’re buying, obtain its assessed value by multiplying it by .6, and multiply the product by .028. Or, more simply, just multiply the Base MSRP by .0168. This tax is much higher than in other states and adds hundreds of dollars to a new vehicle purchase.

The Registration Fee is a flat $8.00, and title is $4.00. Postage is $1.60 (apparently the VLT isn’t quite enough to cover stamps) and Air Quality Research is $1.50. The tire fee is a dollar per tire, including spare. Finally, the sticker costs a quarter – and only metro Phoenix and Tucson get the privilege.

These are precisely calculated, compulsory taxes and fees. The dealer should never inflate these, so don't let them.
    Hello,

I have decided that if I can get the invoice price I will buy this month. However this TDA fee is frustrating me. I have recieved an offer for invoice, however there is still this pesky little fee.

Also, check this out guys. I also recieved an offer almost $800 below invoice on a 2003 + a $1000.00 rebate for a total price of $14,700. The reason for this was b/c it had been sitting on the lot for a long time. Its still about $3000.00 above my price range and I just can't justify the cost but its interesting at least.

I've heard of guys on here having the TDA waived. Who are you and what dealer did you buy through? I am going to special order, so I can pretty much buy anywhere and have it delivered to my state. I am in Omaha, Ne.

Always try to buy a car at the end of the month:).
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, offer to buy the SUV for $xx,xxx dollars complete and out the door. Then it won't matter if the dealer waves the TDA or some of its profit.

If you get hung up on a fee, the salesperson is going to be able to say we don't waive that fee and are you willing to lose this deal for a few hundred bucks.

Name your price and you wind up negotiating the bottom dollar, not line items.

And if a dealer adds a fee after the "final" deal, walk.

Steve, Host
  • bjm02bjm02 Member Posts: 3
    The pricing game that we all have to play is crazy to say the least. I'm looking for someone to help me determine what is a fair and reasonable price for the following vehicle.
    Let me know if my pricing seems right and any additional fees that I should be including.
    2004 4 Runner V6 Limited 4x4
    Invoice: $31,897.00
    Dest Fee: $540
    Sunroof: $720
    Floor Mats: $112
    Daytime Running Lights: $32
    Rear Spoiler: $160
    JBL 6CD/10 speakers: $544
    Total Invoice: $34,005 (tax,title, tags, etc)

What extra fees should I be adding in and what do you think is a fair price? Thanks
  • mfjarvind69mfjarvind69 Member Posts: 14
    Hello vodgut,
        It was Stevinson toyota East on Havana. They were really great in negotiating, made us feel comfortable and offered a very reasonable price as you can tell. They are definitely worth a shot if anyone is thinking of getting a new toyota.
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    bjm02: That seems on par for a Limited 4x4. Here is what I paid for a '03 Sport 4x4 V8, $31,750 with...

sunroof
    rear cargo shelf
    JBL 10 speaker
    Dual Borla exhaust
    rear spoiler
    running boards
    floor mats
    5 yr/75000 extended warranty
    Ok, thanks for the advice on here guys. I got invoice + a $95.00 doc fee.

First of all the TDA seems to be legit. I got the invoice price + the TDA at one dealership. I then called at least 3 other dealers and basically said if you waive the TDA I will buy from you. These were sales managers too. They all said that Toyota charges them the TDA fee and there is nothing they can do. They said they couldn't waive it even if it meant them loosing a sale. Being that is the 31st of the month and all three of them said the same thing I believed them. However I did do some research. In other regions than Nebraska the TDA fee is different. In one place I called the TDA was only 325. I decided to order from my home though and just accept the loss.

I paid invoice plus a $95.00 doc fee.
    These are the options I got.

EJ JBL Synthesis 3-in-1 Stereo w/6- Disc Changer info
    GY Curtain and Side Airbags info
    PN Anti-Theft Alarm System info
    RF Rear Spoiler info
    EC Electrochromic Rearview Mirror info
    CM Double Decker Cargo info
    NA 115V AC Power Point info
    RL Daytime Running Lights info

The edmunds prices on these are exactly correct.
    Invoice for a Sport V8 4WD with these options is $31626

The TDA was $687

The Doc fee was $95

And there was a $6 gas fee. Didn't ask about that one.

Total was $32,414

I feel pretty good about this deal. $35,765 was MSRP and it would have been $36553 with TDA and Doc fee.

If any of you guys think this is a bad deal tell me. I special ordered and I can cancel anytime.

This is how I got invoice. I went online to the internet sales manager at a different dealership, and after going back and forth with them I got an offer of Invoice + 300. I then went to Performance Toyota and said that I wanted the invoice price. My exact words were"I have invoice + 300 right now, and I want the invoice price. If you give me say Invoice + 200 I'll just go to the next dealer and get invoice +100 and come back to you". They then gave me the invoice price.

I told them that I would sleep on it. Today I called them up and asked about there doc fee. It was $199. I told them that the other two Toyota dealer's in the area had a $95 doc fee and if you matched that I would come on in. The salesmanager agreed, and I came in and made the deal. I was tempted to press and see if I could have gotten the doc fee waived, but I decided enough was enough.

Anyway, again thanks for all the advice on this board. Oh, and the dealer I went through was Performance Toyota of Lavista Nebraska, and the salesman I used was Mark Husar.

Thanks again.
    I think TDA is included in the MSRP, given that the MSRP is well over invoice. MSRP is MSRP, there's not really any hidden fees in the window sticker (unless they tack on ADM or fabric guard or something)

Sounds to me like you got a pretty good deal.
  • royal7royal7 Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2004 4WD V8 SR5 with options. Edmund's invoice price with my options was $29,232. Dealer gave me price at $1,000. over (supposedly included $500 TDA as per my message #312 and a $500. profit for salesman.) I had an "owners loyalty certificate" from Toyota for $500 and then I walked out when he hit me with the TDA. He called back next day with another $500. incentive supposedly from Toyota. I took it and ended up at Edmund's invoice. Still tried to screw me when writing up contract. He had to tear it up and write a new one. Still managed to tax me on the last $500. incentive (extra $43. at 8.75% in Suffolk County), but I had my calculator with me and knew it at the time. Where would we all be without Edmund's? Definitely ripped off.
    From a Toyota F&I member:

cliffy1 "Toyota 4Runner" Nov 3, 2003 7:10pm

Steve, Host
  • mac0822mac0822 Member Posts: 4
    Anybody heard of any incentives for 4Runners coming (live in the Northeast)?
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    ....in the Chicago Region.

4Runners continue to sell well - most dealers wish they had more in stock - so there really is no need for incentives at this point. IMHO
  • mikexdmikexd Member Posts: 1
    Just called two local dealers in Atlanta. I talked about the Edmunds invoice. On sales mananager told me the those Edmunds.com guys need to have a drug test, and he will only match carsdirect.com price. Called another dealer and told the salesman that I have done research for 2 months and only offered the edmunds invoice. Only 3 rounds pohne calls, the salesman offered me the invioce + $150. I have to wait for 2 weeks to get the car. Is this a good deal? For me, this looks like too good to be true. It only took me 15 minutes over the phone. Tomorrow I might go to place the order and put the desposit. Any comments for my deal?
    Make sure that his invoice is the same as your invoice. There is an TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising fee)that ranges from 500-700 dollars that is included in the invoice price. ie. your invoice is 31,000, his will be 31,600. Also, find out what his doc fee is. If you scroll up on this page to # 338 you can read about my buying experience.
  • glb5glb5 Member Posts: 39
    Was the Sport you bought from them a v6 or v8 and what was the salesmans name also was it a 4wd.Thank you.
    Please, no names of individuals on the boards. Thanks,

Steve, Host
    After the frustration of visiting and calling dealers in my area over the past 3 weeks, this past Friday I decided to drive to a smaller dealer about 30 minutes away. I did not consider them because of their small size compared to the others. Never assume!!

Having done my homework and reading all the Edmunds 4Runner posts, this prepared me very well for this visit.

The dealer asked what I was looking for so I handed them a list of the color and options.

They had nothing arriving with these options this month but within 15 minutes located two vehicles, one in code A (Allocation), the other in code F (Freight). Through allocation they would trade with the dealer that would be receiving that unit and have it shipped from the port to them. The other option was to purchase the unit in freight. They advised that freight meant it was essentially being prepared for or in transit to the dealer it was assigned to. This would be the fastest process, available very soon. It would be driven from the dealer receiving to my dealers location with a drivers fee of $200.00. Apparently dealers do these type trades often. I did not like the idea of it being driven so I decided on the allocation method, (shipped to the dealer I am doing business with) that way the new truck will have the minimum miles on it.

After all this we finally discussed price and came within $500.00 of my target. I told them what I wanted to pay and if they would accept they had a deal. They did not accept and I saw this was not going any further so I decided to leave and asked them to call me back if they accepted my offer. After what I had been through with the other dealerships, I thought this was more of the same. Saturday morning they called me and said the price I offered was accepted. I visited them that afternoon leaving a $500.00 deposit. Total time spent on this deal was maybe an hour.

Monday morning they will confirm that the order has been placed and by Wednesday give an approximate time when they will receive it. They said this process usually takes a month.

This dealer was able to locate what I wanted with no problem. The other dealers never made this attempt plus their prices were higher. Maybe I could have done better but am satisfied with this price.
    >>>>>Now lets see if I actually get this truck in a reasonable amount of time.

The price on my Purchase Order is Invoice plus TDA. The TDA on this truck (dealer advised?) is $437.00

MSRP 43,700.00

Invoice 38,565.00
    TDA 437.00

Total 39,002.00

Natural White with Oak Interior
    options:

SR Moon Roof
    GY Curtain Air Bags
    RF Rear Spoiler
    RL Daytime Driving Lights
    CF Floor mats
    NF Rear Air Suspension with X-REAS
    NV Navigation
    WL Wheel Locks
    WH Wireless Head phones

The only other costs will be a documentation fee of $150.00, $67.50 tag transfer and 6% sales tax.
  • md4runnermd4runner Member Posts: 17
    I bought my 4runner in NJ last month and there where two rebates being offered: $1000 back on SR5's and Sport Models and $750 back on Limited models...The offer might only have been for '03 models...I ended up with the '03 Limited V6...
    I did the allocation method with my 2003. Was told about a month, it came in about two weeks. Might vary depending on where you are and which port it's coming to. Sweet truck you got there. I take it it's a 4WD?
    Yes, this is a 4WD.

I was between the Titanium Silver and Natural White, can easily live with either, just liked the white a little more in this vehicle.

Edmunds TMV on this is $40,638.00 so my price of $39002.00 plus $150.00 destination is probably a very good deal. Wonder if the dealer is getting an incentive from the factory to make this offer?
    Does not really matter as long as my out the door price is what I am satisfied with paying!!

I was considering waiting under December or January hoping for an incentive but I have my 02 4Runner sold and do not want to hold that buyer up. Currently have a 0% finance rate through Toyota (TFS) on my 02 Sport Edition, doubt we will ever see that again on a 4Runner.

Now I hope this dealer does follow through and gets this vehicle in a reasonable time.
  • nhskiernhskier Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone who's bought their 4Runner in NH share their experiences with me? Specifically, where have you found the best service and/or selection? I know there is no sales tax, but is there some kind of auto tax? Thanks for your help!
  • icepicicepic Member Posts: 10
    Titanium w/ Stone Interior

Options:

CX90 Rear Spoiler
    SRAT Moon Roof
    GYAT Side Curtain Air Bags
    RLAT Daytime Running Lights
    PV60 Carpet/Trunk Mats
    NFAT Rear Air Suspension with X-REAS
    NVAT Navigation System

I took delivery of this truck in Charlotte, NC on Friday. I'm really enjoying it so far!

MSRP - $43834

I paid $38630 + 3% NC Use Tax + 57.50 NC Registration

I'm very happy with the out of the door price I paid. Good luck everyone!
    icepic,

This is a good ((GREAT)) price, awesome truck!

I am still waiting for mine (see post #348).

After searching for my first preference color of white, my dealer asked if I had a second choice. I chose Titanium with Stone. He advised that this color would be easier to locate or to order and that he should have something within two weeks.

After reading the price you price paid, I believe the dealers must be receiving some type of rebate or have some other incentive to sell at these numbers. Or perhaps they are not selling as well as expected when loaded with these options.

Did you inquire about a price for the Toyota Platinum warranty? If you are going to keep the 4Runner past 3 years or 36K miles, it may not be a bad idea. Of course you can purchase this warranty anytime before one of these time or mileage intervals occur.

And did you do much shopping before getting this deal? I shopped a few dealers before getting my price and I am pleased with it. Now just need to get the new Runner!

Good Luck with your new 4Runner and keep us posted on your driving experience.
  • ohelloohello Member Posts: 27
    So I ordered an 04 SR5 with side airbags in October from FitzMall in MD. They gave me a very fair price of $200 over invoice and a 6-month wait. Well, six months from October has now turned into June, and so I cancelled the order. I called Toyota Corporate and they are currently making SR5 models with the side airbags, they are just not sending them to the Mid-Atlantic region. I find the whole thing absurd – Toyota is making them, I ordered one, but for some reason they want me to wait until June before they will accept my money. Just seems like they are not trying.

I would still recommend FitzMall, but their ability to communicate to their clients could certainly be better. It took me almost a month to get a straight answer out of them – and then only with the prodding of Toyota Corporate.
  • baki44baki44 Member Posts: 24
    I had an 96 Nissan Maxima trade in (110K miles with fair condition)during the negotiation I made my final offer.I said I will trade my Maxima and I will put $9200 down and everything include I want to finance $17500 with 3.99% rate for 5-yrs. So I really don’t know and don’t care about my Maxima and your 4Runner price. Because I don’t want to deal with little things such as title fee, stamps, dealer fees, registration, even sales tax.I made my mind and I don’t want to deal any more with salesmen BS.
    I said this is a unusual situation you have to calculate not top to bottom you have to go bottom up. So they accept the offer and I sign all the paper work and in two weeks I got my car, so far so good I don’t have any sulfur smell and I’m happy.

My 4Runner has all the standard features and some extra options:
    2004 4Runner SR5 2WD V6 4 Spd Auto
    Titanium Metallic w/Stone interior
    17” Wheels w/Michelin Cross-Terrains 265x65x17
    Roof Rack & Cross Bar
    Lthr Wrap Steering Wheel w/Cruise & Audio
    Remote Security System
    Leather Faced Seats (for stone color interior)
    Rear Spoiler
    Carpet Mats and Trunk Mat
  • baki44baki44 Member Posts: 24
    I'm sorry my Excel sheet insert didn't work.
    4Runner price $26702 less trade-in $3000 plus dealer fee $700 plus Sales tax $1514 plus Tag $84 less Down payment $9200 less dealer discount $500 plus Leather faced seats $1200 and bottom line Financed $17500 with 3.99% w/5 years.
    I hope this info will help the feature 4Runner buyers.
  • boston4rboston4r Member Posts: 7
    ohello, that is intereresting to know. I special
    ordered SR5 and told mid January delivery..
    not sure it will be honored or not.

is anyone who special ordered share your
    experiance?
  • jcliffrojcliffro Member Posts: 108
    I recall from prior postings that you, like me, want an SR5 with side airbags. Ordering seemed to be the only way. Your last post said you felt you had to cancel your order and your region is not being allocated SR5s with side air bags. I found a website of "Stadium Toyota" a while back which lists their inventory. After I read your posting, I checked their present inventory and they have a black SR5 with side airbags (it also has the sunroof, which I would not want). I think Stadium might be around Tampa, but perhaps some sort of trade could be worked out? Anyway, here is the specific web link and I hope it helps you out.
    http://setbuyatoyota.com/inventory/monroney.asp?recno=13763&m- odel=8642&dealer_name=Stadium+Toyota%2C+Inc%2E&phone=813%- 2D872%2D4881&dealer_code=09154&msrptotal=30319&vehicl- e_price=30319
  • tangmantangman Member Posts: 127
    I ordered a 04 4-Runner Sport without a Sun roof 3 months ago, I was told today by the dealer that they may not be able to get it without the sun roof since the region doesn't get any Sports without the sun roof. I called the corporate office as well, where they informed me you can not specially order from the factory, rather the dealer can set a priority in the available allocations for the region. The regions determine what vehicle are imported and the dealer select through the allocation process. They have what I want on the east coast, but I am on the west coast. Very frustrating. So, if anyone knows of a Titanium Sport without a sunroof, please post. I sure wish another manufacture would place an equivalent vehicle on the market to create some competition.

Tangman
  • kscotttkscottt Member Posts: 18
    Carson Toyota in LA has quite a few sport titaniums w/ no sunroof. search for their name on your fav. search engine. on their site along the top, under New Vehicles, click on New Vehicle Inventory.
  • mtc5mtc5 Member Posts: 2
    I am starting to shop for a new 4Runner & have found this discussion group very informative but am at a loss figuring dealer cost on a number of options. Edmunds doesn't list A0-Extra mile $1114 MSRP, OE- night vision mirror $150 MSRP, P4- vehicle shield $349 for example. Some of these are listed on the Toyota web site. Also the base MSRP price at the dealer agrees with Edmunds but is lower by around $600 than the Toyota web site. Is this the advertising add-on? Is there any way to get the dealer cost on these options? They look like mostly profit since they include very little real value.
  • slandyslandy Member Posts: 46
    04 Sport,V8, AWD. I paid $31,700 in the Atlanta area. Below are the options:

Sunroof
    JBL 10 speaker system
    Leather seats
    Double decker system
    Electrochromatic mirror
    Carpet mats
    Bullcrap Toyogaurd protection

Sticker price was $ 36,486.00