Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• hey, thanks a lot, i emailed the nissan-accessories.com and requested the things i wanted, i should get a response soon, i would like the bed rails and or the utility box and nerf bars or running boards, again thanks
  • has any one intall day time running lights.
    because in canada they do hav them,, it could be just a readlay it needs,,
    doe anyone out there would know, if it can be done
  • I'm very happy that my truck DOES NOT have them.
    They are more of a distraction. Most people are attracted to looking into them when approaching, they then aren't paying attention to WHERE they are going.
  • (CCMAYBE) WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN, THOSE YOU STATE GIVE DISCOUNT, FOR DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, IN NY STATES THE INSURANCES COMPANIES DO GIVE DISCOUNT FOR DAY TIME RUNING LIGHTS
    YOU DONT LIKE THEM,,
    DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHOS HAS INSTALL THEM, I LIVE IN THE EAST COAST. PEOPLE DONT GET DISTRACTED TO EASY. YOU ARE INTITLE TO YOUR OPINION, AND I RESPECT THAT. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAV YOUR TRUCK? have you had any problems with it.
  • Lilly 2000,
    I have my Crew Cab since February 2000 and have 11000 miles with no problems...
  • CCMAYBE,, IT IS GOOD TO HERE THAT, I JUST BOUTH MY IN JULY, IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR LET ME KNOW. I'LL DO THE SAME.. WE ARE OWNER OFF CC WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER, WITH ANY COMMON PROBLES WE MAY FACE
    ...TO ALL CC OWNER....LETS HELP EACH OTHER........
    I HAVE A AZTEC RED. I LOVE IT..IT ONLY HAS 2000 MILES UP TO NOW... CCMAYBE,, DO YOU A BED COVER ON YOURS... I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE.. MY COMUTE IS HIGH WAYS AND SOMEONE SAID THE WIND HOLES THE TRUCK BACK A LITTLE.. DO YOU HAV A BED COVER
  • croy2croy2 Posts: 45
    I too have a 2000 CC, SE (Sand Dune). Over 12000 miles now with absolutely no problems. I am sure that you will love this truck. I have a snuglid hard tonneau cover. The cover looks great, but it adds little if any improvement in performance or MPG. Go to Yahoo and click on clubs. Their is a club titled the Frontier clubhouse that has hundreds of CC owners. In the messages section, you will find more info. than you ever wanted to know. This club is a great resource for CC owners. Enjoy the ride!! There are photos of my bed cover posted in the clubs photo section.
  • Lilly 2000,
    My Crew Cab is black. It was my last color choice, my first choice was silver ice but the dealer wrecked the truck just before I got there to pick it up. They sideswiped another truck on the lot. I have a Sportmasters softTonneau cover on it. Try the website at www.sportmasters.com and you'll see it. As the other post told you come on over to the frontier club on Yahoo there is I believe 345 people already in the club since January.
  • thank you guys, croy2 and ccmaybe.
    great help.. will keep intoch
    i'll check the clubs,,
    will problablely talk to each other there..
    i'll keep you guys inf of anything,, i mite add, or go wrong with mine..........i love my cc.
    I HAD AN ALTIMA 2000 SE,, GREAT CAR.. BUT I AM A TRUCK GUY, SO I WENT BACK BACK SIX MOTHS LATER....
    TOP GET ME THE CC,, I ALLWAYS WANTED A TRUCK,,,BUT THEY ALL WERE TOW SITTERS. NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR 4 PEOPLES,,, UNTILL NISSAN CAME UP WITH THE CC,,, AND NOW EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURE IS FOLLOWING NISSAN STEPS......TALK LATER
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Be careful, the dealer will use aftermarket parts to avoid paying the higher price of OEM equipment. There are a lot companies that sell power window/door lock kits that will no where resemble the factory equipment. Same for the AM/FM cassette and A/C. Best to have the dealer agree to installing factory equipment prior to signing any contract. Good luck.
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    Did they do anything to change the seats inside the cab for 2001? I sat in a 2000 model and the seats felt real soft (sorta like sitting in sponge cake) to me. I had the same problem with the Xterra, not to mention not enough leg room. Anyway, I LOVE the way the 2001 models look (esp. the front end) and would love to get one. Also, what is the normal price for a 2WD regular cab 4-cylinder automatic on the East coast? Thanks!
  • has anyone though of installing the 01 cc headlights on 99 or 00 crew cab,, if anyone has done it, let me know if it fit, or any alterations, need to be done,,
    Ihave a 2000 cc,, and the 01 has nice looking lights
  • Can anyone tell me what would be a good price to pay for a 2001 Frontier CC SC 4x4? I'm looking to buy a new truck and need a ball park figure to start the bargining with.
  • A tough question to answer, as an Internet Sales Manager for the Nissan product here in Tampa, We suspect that there will be an "LAS" (Limited Availability Surcharge)fee associated with the new Super Charged Crew Cab they will come out at the End of Nov-- if you wish you can email at lockes@autonation.com and I'll let you know what they are selling for in our area (Tampa market)
    Steveatnissan
  • mahimahimahimahi Posts: 497
    Steve what dealership do you work for? I live in the area(closer than you might think)and bought my CC here, from a dealer in the area. Wanted to give you some of my experience from my purchase.
  • mahimahimahimahi Posts: 497
    Never mind I see your e-mail address, is that the dealership on Ulmerton in Clearwater? Or somewhere else?
  • nikecarnikecar Posts: 460
    If you are still there (I'm sure) end of year-Jan, we live in tampa and are possibly looking at the Sentra. I've placemarked you address to contact you closer to the buy date. We have a car that comes off lease last day of Nov, and will be looking after that. I bought my Altima in 99 at Precision (now Courtesy.) nissan
  • Hey guys, anyone know what to do about the rough ride in the 2001 frontier crewcab? This thing rides like a buckboard wagon lol, Any comments would be appreciated. Again thanks for all the info yall have provided, i got my step rails and they look nice and ive got some water resistant seatcovers on the way,
  • WGUIDRY,, REMEMBER YOU PURCHASE A TRUCK,, NOT A CAR,,, I HAV A 2000 CC AND IT RIDES VERY WELL, YES IT IS SOMETHING BUMPY, ON RUGH SURFACES,, BUT THAT SOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM, BECAUSE IT IS A TRUCK,, JUST LOVE IT,, IS A GREAT TRUCK, CAR,SUV,EVRYTHING,, THAT'S WAY I GOT ONE.........
    YOU CAN ADD K&N FILTER SAME SIDES AS THE FACTORY ONE, JUST TAKE OUT THE FACTORY ONE AND DROP THE K&N ON,FOR MORE HORSE POWER AND BETTER GASS MILAGE. GOOD LUCK
  • Thanks for the info, i know its a truck, but seems like i read about some shocks that will smooth out the ride a bit, anyway, what are you talking about with the k&n filters, i dont know what your are referring to, please explain, again thanks
  • hi!!!!!!! the k&n filter,,
    if you change the factory filter for a k&n filter. you will get more horse power and better gas milege on the truck,,,, the filter only cost $49.90,, and if you are thinking of keeping the truck for atleast 5 years the filter is washeable
    never need to buy another filter... if you want to spend more money you can go to www.stille.com and buy a filter kid they have for xterra and frontiers... check it out.. www.k&n.com too
  • I'm buying a 00 Frontier King Cab Desert Runner. Any advice on which cap or tonneau to get?
  • HELP!!
    I am getting ready to buy a truck and I have narrowed down to the Frontier and the Dodge Dakoda Quad cab....can anyone help me with my decision? I would appreciate any advice you can offer!
    Thanks!!

Brian
  • The Dakota Quad Cab is a beautiful truck. Unfortunately it's not nearly as reliable as the Nissan. Go to Yahoo.com and the Nissan Frontier Clubhouse and ask your question there too. My understanding is Dodge products eat transmissions.
    Even if it's warranteed you don't need the aggravation. I have my 2000 Crew Cab since February 2000 and have 12000 miles with ZERO problems. I hope I helped you.
    Robert
  • Haven't seen any sale pricing recently for '01 CC.
    Just completed deal for SE, auto, deluxe pkg., mats, under rail liner, and extender for $21,300. Also able to get the 5.9% for 48 mos.. Thus far dealership in Dallas area unable to locate white with under rail liner. Really wanted tonneau cover but none available as of yet. Tried to get dealer to sell to me at cost when available but he recommended aftermarket route!? Anyone doing better than this price on similar vehicle. Hope it is as dependable as my '94 KC 4X4 with 55k miles.
  • I will be paying $24,699 plus T&T. Dealer in Maryland. Wonder if any apple to apple owner has done better. Be quick for I sign on Monday.
  • THINK,, THINK ABOUT THE MECHANICAL FACTOR OF THE TRUCK, THE NISSAN HAS A HIGHER RESALE VALUE,, AND ARE LESS LIKELY TO BREAKDOWN,,, SOME WILL,,, BUT THE ADS AGAINS DODGES CARS TO LAST FOR A LONG TIME IS VERE TIGHT,,, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ROOMIER GO WITH Q,,,,,,,,,,C.. BUT REMEMBER IS UGLY,,,,, I THOGH OF BYING ONE BACK IN JULY,, AND I CHOOSE A 00 FRONTIER WITH EVERYTHING EXECT THE SUNROOF IS NO GOOD,, THE RACKS GIVE BETTER LOOKS..
    DONT PAID FOR 2335.00 OK AUTO. CD, POWER EVERYTHING,, EXTENDE RACK, UNDER OR OVER THE RAIL LINER, AND 4/4.... IF YOU GET ONE WICH EVER YOU GET CHANGE THE FILTER TO K&N FILTER BETTER GAS AND POWER. TAKE CARE
  • Could i hear some feedback on gas mileage on the v6 5spd and the v6 automatic?? I purchased the 4 cylinder 1998 model in 1999 to save on gas but i'm only getting 17-19mpg. 1998 Frontier 4x4 SE 5 spd. i do not drive aggressively and the dealer says the injectors are working fine.
    Thanks
  • THE 4 CYLENDER WON'T DO ANY GOOD,, BECAUSE IS CARRUING THE SAME POUNDS AS A V6,,, ALLWAYS GO V6
    UNLESS YOU ARE BYUING A SMALL PICK UP. I HAVE AN SE V6 AUTO,,00,, I PUT AN K&N FILTER AND I GET 15% MORE MILE PER GALLON,, TRY IT... IT WIRKS GOOD,,
This discussion has been closed.