Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brady24brady24 Member Posts: 4
    jeff193
    What options does it have? If you know the options, residual value, money factor, and fees you can figure exactly how the lease payment is calculated and whether you are getting in for invoice or not.
  • leo007pdleo007pd Member Posts: 1
    just purchased a 2005 4runner 4wd sports edition. options include sunroof, jbl single cd 10 speaker system, rear spoiler, and the convenience package(Hood Protector, Exhaust Tip & Silver Finish Sport Pedals).I got it from toyotauniverse in little falls nj. the service was horrible but the price was on the mark

vehicle price with options cost 31200
    less 1000 rebate
    plus tax, title, registration, plates and other misc crap cost 2580
    total out the door was 32780

they gave me the price i requested, didnt even have to negotiate. only problem was that their apr was too high at 5.9% so i bought the car cash. what do u guys think? did i get a fair price?
  • brady24brady24 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 3 yr/12k lease on on a silver 05 Sport 4WD V8 w/ SR, RL, DJ, RF, CF, WL. MSRP $35,365, Invoice $31,316. They threw in the door guards, pin stripe, and wheel well lips. Paid $500 over invoice, added GAP insurance. Residual was 60.3 % of MSRP, got Toyota Tier 1 financing, money factor of .00121. Got in and out in 2 hours w/ a trade in. Fees in NJ: Bank fee $400, Registration $174, License and doc $291.20, Tire fee $7.50. 4-runners appear to be selling real well in NJ, there were two other 4 runner purchases while I was there. In the two weeks I have been in the market, they have moved almost every Limited and Sport off the lot.

Good luck
  • murph1031murph1031 Member Posts: 5
    brady, what was your monthly payments? Did you shop to get that price?
  • 4runrsport14runrsport1 Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered a 2005 Sport. You can only get the 3rd row seat with a SR5 or Limited, not with a sport model. So I have a need occasionally for a 3rd row seat. I checked the parts to order and install, over $2000! It was only a $730 option. I have also look at some of the aftermarket 3rd row seats online. What I would like to do I get one seat {they split in the middle and hang on the sides} for the left side from a wrecked late model 4runnery. Any one find themselves in this same dilema?
  • rossmonrossmon Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal, I just got a sport v8 4X4 with moon roof, extra air bags, same convienence package, carpet package with cargo carpet, base stereo and i paid 31k after rebate. I think I did a bit better than you but not by too much.
    Bottom line is I am real happy with my vehicle as i am sure you are!
    out of curiousity what kind of mpg are u gettng with the v6?
    For a new engine i am getting 15-17 arround town and 17-21 on the hyway.
    I have a heavy boat, so i needed the v8 for that.

Ross
    PS Congrats on a cool vehicle, I love the sport interior, and the xreas suspension works real well too, The hood scoop really looks great, wish it was real!!
  • doggydogdoggydog Member Posts: 10
    Do you mind posting your specific list of options, invoice, incentives and MSRP?
    And where did you buy this car?

Thanks!
  • boxtypeboxtype Member Posts: 8
    I have a '05 SR5 with 3rd row seats. the difference would be the seatbelt installation & the 2nd row folds differently for your access. I dont know how will this be possible if there are no seatbelt provision. I noticed that i the Sport series there are mirror at the rear sides, that is where my 3rd row seatbelts are installed. 2K is not bad if they will install safety belts per standards and replace the 2nd rows to fold properly. Especially, most probably the only person that woul use these seats are kids, which will require xtra safety.
    hope this helps.
    Boxtype
  • jeff193jeff193 Member Posts: 29
    I just got a 4runner V8...im getting 11 mpg around the city!!!!...any tips ?
  • editbizeditbiz Member Posts: 2
    I've been reading some of the previous posts regarding the Sport Edition and upgrading the seats to leather. I've got a couple of questions for anyone who may want to answer them. I've been looking for a preowned 2004 Limited V6 4x4 in Galatic Gray, but I live in California so these are very rare to come by. I've found a couple and made a few offers, but nobody's willing to part with these for what they're worth. Which leads me to my questions.

I'm thinking about buying the Sport Edition and getting the Leather upgrade, but are the seats the leather seats you find in the Limited or are they just leather covers over the fabric seats. Also, does anyone know if you can put the Navigation into the Sport, like the one that is available from Oemvalue.com? Can you get the 5 spoke alloys for the Sport, that you can get on the SR5 and Limited? Can you get the regular hood on the Sport Edition, not the scooped hood? I know I should just buy a Limited, but if I can save a few thousand by buying the Sport and upgrading a few things, I think it would be worth it. Thanks in advance.
  • mahobaymahobay Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a brand new 4Runner Sports Edition in May 04 from Priority in Chesapeake Virginia. I had them put in leather seats. I paid $32000.08 that included all taxes, fees, and the extended warrenty.
  • gbeangbean Member Posts: 1
    I got an all Black '94 4WD V6 w/ brush guard With a 2" lift and 33's at a Cadillac dealer in Utah, it was a good deal in my mind at 149K Miles, I only Paid $5000. Turns out all it needs is a Rear End rebuild and an O2 Sensor. Does everyone else with this vehicle only get 14-16 MPG? I think that is terrible for a 3L V6 in any vehicle.

Anyone have any idea how much it costs on average in California to have the clutch replaced?

Turns out this may be more of a headache than it is worth.

Oh and a Major Alignment.

I need to know how to Reset the Check Engine light since I just replaced the O2 sensor.
    (BTW I am speaking of the more commonly replaced one before the CAT)

I Had a Diagnostic run on it a few days ago and the Only Codes that Showed were #'s 24 and 25. (O2 sensor and Injectors) I ran a Highly concentrated injector cleaner (at only a quarter tank of gas) That cleared that error code right up.
    So Now I replaced the O2 Sensor and it is running so much more smoothly! The Original from the factory was still in there. (i dont know how often they should be changed.) But the new Bosch one seems to be a better design. (If any of you need to replace this, I suggest the Universal one W/O the connector, it is extremely easy to connect with the included kit, only took a half hour, and costs 1/2 what the OEM does.)

Well, it seems maybe this belongs in another thread, but I got carried away. Please lemme know if you have any Ideas
  • jbirdbucjbirdbuc Member Posts: 6
    Hello all,
    Did some research and went shopping, basically getting SR5 (V6) with these options:

Cargo system
    Additional power outlet
    Roof rails + Crossbars
    Moon Roof
    Power lumbar drivers seat
    Restraint system (side airbags)
    Leather Seats
    Leather wrap steering wheel
    17" Alloy wheels

The only option I wanted was leather seats + moon roof dealer is adding leather seats.

Invoice is $28,442
    Dealer is quoting $28,900 w/$1000 rebate total price $27,900

Seems like a great deal, I am being taxed on $28,900 is this correct? Or should I be taxed on rebate price? Thanks. I agreed to pay 27,900 for just leather + moon roof. So I am getting some additional features. Thanks for any tips or advice.
  • editbizeditbiz Member Posts: 2
    Hey Jbirdbuc,

Where you buying your Toyota at? I'm in the market for a 05' Sport, but I don't want those tires and rims that it comes with. I want the 5 spoke alloys and tires you can get with the Limited and SR5, I also want to get the leather seats. What exactly is the Power lumbar drivers seat option?

Later,

Jason
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Your post is better suited for one of our other forums. Try this thread:
    Toyota 4Runner: Problems and Solutions
    Jason,
    I am getting this Toyota at heyward allen toyota in athens, ga. The power drivers lumbar seat is available in southeast only, its just electric lumbar (back) support instead of manual. I am starting to feel better about the deal. The dealership has a company called Classic Soft Trim (classicsofttrim.com) pick the car up and they haul it to Atlanta, there they put the leather on, this is matched to Toyota's specs. The leather seats are warrantied just like toyota for 3 years. I have not paid for the vehicle yet, If I don't like the leather, then no deal. I am starting to feel better about the deal, especially knowing it has side airbags and this seems to be a rare find. I ran the numbers again, KBB invoice is $28,505, edmunds.com TMV is $29,030. The deal is $28,900 with $1000 rebate $27,900 before tax, tag, title fees. (the deal price includes a handling fee or BS of $200) So the price was actually $28,700+200- $1000. I think I could have done slightly better on the deal, say $28,300-$28,500 and pushed for NO admin fee + rebate. But this car had some things I had not anticipated (side airbags) I think it may be worth the safety over dollars in the long run. I hope someone will post if I did okay on this deal. Hope this helps.
  • blaskyblasky Member Posts: 15
    Anyone buy a car with Carsdirect.com... turns out that a comparably built 4runner on carsdirect.com is lower than the FMV price listed on Edmunds. Oh, and carddirect also takes into consideration any incentives/cash back offers.

Im lookig for a stock limited 4x2 with the standard available options (not Sport with leather as many on this post seem to be in the market for). Think i may do this than haggle with my local dealership.
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    jbirdbuc,

It sounds as though you are getting a fairly good deal but I noticed something in your post that is incorrect.
    The $1000 rebate on this SUV only applies after you take the purchase price plus all applicable taxes. So you are going to get taxed on $28,900 vice $27,900, not that big of a deal but thought you should know.
    If the salesman is telling you something different then he/she is full of it, double check with the sales manager or the finance guys...they will tell you.
    Good luck with your purchase!!!
    Thanks for the reply, so my understanding is that I get taxed on $28,900? Is that correct? I wish I had done more on this deal, little concerned right now. Wish I had done this deal thru carsdirect.com. I am supposed to see car/purchase this evening. My next question is this: If the seats do not meet my expectations, can I walk away from this deal? I was willing to wait for a vehicle from the factory. A purchase agreement was signed with notes pertaining to leather seats. Please answer asap. Thanks.
  • tortoisetortoise Member Posts: 2
    So far this is the best invoice I have received. Can you guys give me some additional thoughts on the deal?
    2005 SR5
    17" alloy wheels
    DD cargo system w/ net
    Roof rack & cross bars
    Leather steering wheel/knob
    spoiler
    DT Running lights
    Moon Roof
    Cargo net
    mirror upgrade
    security system upgrade
    Floor and cargo mats
    Leather upgrade
    power lumbar seat pass anger and driver
    Stainless Steel door enhancements
    Window tinting

29,074 + TTL (6%)

Thanks in advance
  • tcpoobtcpoob Member Posts: 30
    u didn't say v6 or v8, 2wd or 4wd/awd. those are important factors.
  • tortoisetortoise Member Posts: 2
    Woops...thanks. It is a 4x2 V6
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    jbirdbuc,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away so my comments now may not help since it looks like you had to do something last night with this vehicle.

But for what's it worth, yes you would get taxed on the $28,900 plus if there are any dealer fees, you would add all of that together and that would be the amount you would get taxed. After they figure the bottom line price for this truck they would then take the $1K off.

As far as walking away from this deal if after seeing the seats and you don't like them....if you had it in writing then it is no problem!!!!
    Regardless of what they say to you, at anytime you can walk away! Unless you have physically taken ownership of this truck you can walk! Even after you have signed the papers...now, legally they could do something to force you to accept this truck after you have signed the papers but trust me, this would be a enormous headache for the dealership and they would rather just let you go then fight. What they are banking on though as you being the consumer not having the #@$#$% to stand up to them and not take their crap.
    Bottom line is this, you can walk away from any deal at anytime if you don't feel good about the deal as long as you have not physically taken delivery of this truck.
    Once they send off the paperwork to the state DMV etc...at that time your stuck and your options are gone.
    I just bought a vehicle my self and the finance guy told me it takes at least 3 to 4 days for the paperwork to close and leave the dealership on its way to the DMV.

Remember, you are the consumer, you are always correct and the car buying experience should be a good one considering the investment you are making.
    If you can't get that from the current dealership you are working for them move on to the next one if possible. If you need to go a little further out than what's in your immediate area then so be it...you may end up with a hell of a deal and a great buying experience.
    As I mentioned before this all may be mute if you have already bought this truck anyway! But Rock On!
    Enough Said...
    Thank you very much for the response, I actually picked up the truck tonight, it was not delivered until this afternoon. I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job with the deal. I also highly recommend the leather seats from classic soft trim. They match perfectly to the interior and the leather includes door panels. Looks very sharp. I understand perfectly how the tax works now, I think I was confusing you, the dealer was doing it correctly!!! Anyway, I ran the numbers for a final time today before purchase:

MSRP $32,389
    INVOICE $28,610

The agreed price was $28,700 w/$1000 rebate. And yes I was charged taxes on the $28,700 price plus $199 admin fee (argued some on saturday about this, but not going to piss off everyone or lose deal for $200) I accepted this fee knowing that when you close on a home or loan it has enormous fees, so $199 was not too bad. So basically the purchase price was $27,700 + $199. I am pleased, I feel the original price was very close to invoice and $1000 rebate. So the price drops below invoice. I feel I made a great deal and yes I know the dealer made money, but I am very pleased with my purchase. I would recommend the dealer to my friends. This is a deal where everyone wins. Thanks for all the help from this website!!! I really feel that I purchased a "limited" 4runner for a fraction of the cost. My wife and I are very pleased with the quality of the vehicle.

Some tips I would recommend for buying any car:

Research price, know the cost of the vehicle (invoice) I was able to name optional equipment at invoice prices to my dealer throughout the entire deal. Be assertive and firm but polite.

I made it very clear early in the process, that I wanted a "price" I did not want to discuss financing or any type of monthly payments. And NO I do not have a trade-in. (we plan to sell old vehicle ourselves) I made it clear to the dealer that if you give me a price and we agree on a deal, I will show you the money. I recommend financing or getting pre-approved for a loan before going to the dealer. Know what you can afford, you will get better rates and the dealer cannot play the "how much per month do you want to pay game?" (not implying this dealer would do this, but most do.) Again, be assertive and firm.

I was able to inspect the vehicle this evening and had my check in hand, the deal went smooth since the vehicle checked out better than anticipated. There were no hidden fees at the closing, all the prices were the same. I was happy with the dealership. It was a pretty good experience and the truck looks great!!!

Hope this helps everyone, wanted to let everyone know that I found a 8 CD changer (panasonic at crutchfield) for $180 that is compatible with the factory sterero in the 4runner. If it fits in the glove box console, I will probably purchase it and let you know how it works. (much cheaper than factory option...) Thanks again to all and good luck with your next purchase.
  • rickjusrickjus Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a new 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4x4, V8, on March 31, 2005. The sticker (MSRP) was $34,344, invoice was $31,178. Our cost including $1,000 rebate but excluding all other fees was a little less than $28,000, or $30,948 “out the door” price (including taxes, new tag, dealer fees, battery disposal, etc.).
  • epi321epi321 Member Posts: 4
    I'll start by saying I did not get a great deal. But I knew I would need to special order (or preference order) the vehicle so some dealers didn't want to deal with me. One place actually did understand the order process better than the others although I had to add a few options I really didn't want. The regional dealer only orders the cars configured certain ways so I had to choose one of their configurations to get all the options I wanted.
    The options I got were:
    GY - Side/Curtain Airbags (didn't want)
    NH - XREAS
    NV - JBL AM/FM/CD with Navigation
    RF - Rear Spoiler (didn't want)
    RL - Daytime Running Lights (didn't want)
    SR - Sunroof
    DG - Door Edge Guards
    CF - Floor Mats

I will get whatever rebate is in effect upon delivery but since I don't know what it is now my numbers below assume no rebate.
    Edmunds TMV was $39,375. Carsdirect target price was $40,140. One of the Carmax New Car locations (usually very good prices) had a car with the same options (wrong color) and was selling it for $39,388.
    I agreed to purchase for $39995 + TTL. Definately could do better... try not to have to order one!
  • simple_guy35msimple_guy35m Member Posts: 14
    Rickjus, thats a very good deal I think. Can you please email me simple_guy35m@yahoo.com. I am willing to purchase exactly the same configuration at the same price. If you let me know your dealer or any contacts, would be of great help.
    Thanks
  • bigdaddydaimbigdaddydaim Member Posts: 4
    I live near princeton,nj which dealer did you use? Is it on rt 1?
  • gblgbl Member Posts: 5
    Rickjus,

Sounds like a a great deal, actually below dealer cost. Where did you find this great deal (dealer, city & state)?

GBL
  • mkangmkang Member Posts: 4
    It is Lawrence toyota. They had a similar 2004 V6 limited in white that had 5000 demo miles the last time I was there. If you are interested, u can talk them down quite a bit.
  • rickjusrickjus Member Posts: 2
    Simple guy35m and GBL,

The dealership is Central Florida Toyota, Orlando, FL...

I live in Tampa, FL about 100 miles away from this dealership...I e-mailed about 15 different dealerships within a 100 mile radius, including DirectCars. The final price that I paid was about $1,500 cheaper than the next closest competitor. Their initial quote was about $750 cheaper than any other dealer so it was a done deal...I was just waiting for my pre-financing to come through when they called me on the 31'st and told me they would sell the car cheaper if I picked it up that night. By the time I got there it was about 10:30pm and the actual Runner I wanted had not been delivered yet (wanted a V6), however, they had 2 others to choose from a stripped down V6 4x4 and a V8 4x4. I chose the V8 and left at about 1:30am...well worth the drive and time.

In my opinion, this dealership had the best price right from the start...I would assume that they are a volume dealer without the loss of customer service. I must say this was my best car buying experience EVER!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience and the dealership name! I'm sure others will benefit from it. Even if a dealership can't always offer the exact same price, having a good purchasing experience is worth a lot to most people. Hopefully, the dealership will also appreciate the recommendation.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• computerguycomputerguy Member Posts: 3
    These forums are a great help. I live in So Cal and emailed about 20 dealers around me for an SR5 V6 2WD. The best price I got was from Llongo Toyota in El Monte (24,588 incl the 1k rebate) . I used that to drive down the price at Tustin Toyota ( I almost live next door to it) to the same price as Llongo. It was a pleasant buying experience as I was in control of the whole process. Thank you!, Edmunds and all who contribute.
  • shadrackshadrack Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2005 SR5 4WD V6 from Mountain States Toyota in Denver. MSRP was $31,141. Options included the roof rack, 17" rims, and the floor mats. I paid $27,790 after all dealer mark-ups and the $500.00 rebate from Toyota. Good experience. No problems.
  • jontheophilusjontheophilus Member Posts: 2
    Invoice:
    Base $25,950

Options
    AW - 17" Alloy Wheels w/265/65R17 Tires $80.00
    EC - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Compass $120.00
    CM - Double Decker Cargo System w/ Cargo Net $100.00
    SR - Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade $720.00
    DR - Black Roof Rack & Cross Bars $176.00
    RF - Rear Spoiler w/Center High Mounted Stop Lamp $160.00
    NE - Leather Wheel & Shift w/ Audio & Cruise $176.00
    CF - Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo $114.00

Options Total $1,646.00

Destination Charge $565

Calculated Invoice: $28,579

They are adding the following to the invoice price:
    TDA (Advertising Fee) $412.00
    Gasoline $6.00
    Dealer Holdback $601.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve $300.00

So they say this is their cost: $29,489

Best offer I have gotten:
    $200 over "thier invoice" for a purchase price of $29,689

Less My Customer Rebate of $1,000

Total Price: $28,689 (plus sales tax)

I know they have some room to move. Don't they get the dealer holdback and financial reserve back? That's $900 right there. How about the advertising fee, don't they get some of that back too?

I offered $500 over true invoice, so $29,000 for a purchase price of $28,000 with my rebate. Both don't want to budge!! You think I can get a better deal than they are offering?

BTW..No Trade-In and I am paying cash.

Thanks for the advice!!
    wait! what model?
    you said:
    "Less My Customer Rebate of $1,000

Total Price: $28,689 (plus sales tax) "

This is not how it works..its tax then less rebate
  • adeshadesh Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 4-runner in atlanta for 27,200 out the door price, does this sound like a good deal? These are the options it came with.

2005 SR5 RWD
    V6
    17" alloy wheels
    Roof rack & cross bars
    Leather steering wheel/knob
    Moon Roof
    Floor mats
    Window tinting
  • jontheophilusjontheophilus Member Posts: 2
    Well I ended up getting the SR5 4x4 V6 (see my above post) for $28,300 out the door.

Actual Invoice: $28,161

Dealer Invoice: $29,480

MSRP: $32,736

I think I got a decent deal. I am happy with it. Great truck by the way!
  • cedar_23cedar_23 Member Posts: 4
    I won this car from a Toyota promotion and is considering to sell the car.
    I'm not sure what color they will give me yet and I still need to pay tax and pick up the vehicle.

1) What's a fair price that I should expect to get for this car?
    2) Should I sell to a dealer, put an newspaper ad, or ebay?

Thanks.

2005 Toyota 4Runner 4x2 SR5 V6
    Body Style: SUV
    Engine: 4.0 liter, 6 cylinder, 5-Speed auto
    Driveline: FWD
    Mileage: 0
    Color: Black or Silver
    Major Options: None
    Condition: Brand New
  • shadrackshadrack Member Posts: 3
    Why don't you give it to charity? I'm sure that plenty of organizations in the LA area could use it!!
  • 4runrsport4runrsport Member Posts: 2
    Pretty AMAZING price considering I just ordered a 2005 2 WD Sport V8 with leather, jbl, side bags, ect in Texas and my dealer cost or invoice is around $32,500
  • 4runrsport4runrsport Member Posts: 2
    I am 6' 2" and my head room is limited with a sunroof. I want JBL stereo. I cannot find a 2005, 2004, 2003 4 runner with JBL and no sunroof ??? I was told by my dealer in Texas that they rarely ship JBL without a sunroof. So I basically have to order new to get this combo?!!!
  • slosurferslosurfer Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport Utility 4x4 with 64,000 miles. Options include moon roof, running boards, CD/cassette and roof rack. Pretty much a Limited with the extended tire flares and wood dash, but does not include leather though. I paid $19,000 out the door.

What are your thoughts, did I pay too much? If it matters, I live in WA state.

Your opinions are much appreciated. Also, if you could tell me what mechanical things I should start to look out for and what things will need to be done to the vehicle in the coming miles I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...

E.
  • adeshadesh Member Posts: 3
    yeah if your in atl then definetely go to sandy springs, they give the best deal out of all the others ive been to (world toyota, team toyota, and the one on barrett parkway)
  • patricia43mpatricia43m Member Posts: 4
    ADESH - Thank you so much for your response. We have been dealing with Team Toyota most recently and they don't seem to budge on price. I know they have room to go down based on your price, others on here, and friends who recently bought a 4Runner in other parts of the country. We're not in a hurry and I think the deals will get better in the coming months so we'll see how it goes.
    I'm so glad you told me who you dealt with.
    If it is not a huge imposition, would you be able to email me the name of the person at Sandy Springs? It might save me time haggling.
    We might buy tomorrow if the deal is right.
    Thanks
    jlm3131@yahoo.com
    We ordered a 2005 sport from a Houston, TX dealership on March 26th 2005. We are now told it may be July untill we see it! Just wondered if you would mind keeping in touch to compare notes on when you receive your new 4runner and vice verse.
    We ordered a 2005 sport from a Houston, TX dealership on March 26th 2005. We are now told it may be July untill we see it! Just wondered if you would mind keeping in touch to compare notes on when you receive your new 4runner and vice verse.
  • simple_guy35msimple_guy35m Member Posts: 14
    I purchased a 4R sport V8 4X4 with moon-roof & JBL disc changer (plus DD cargo sys., floor mats, 115V outlet, exhaust tip cover) in Missouri for 31,600 OTD. Did I pay too much?
  • bowabombowabom Member Posts: 1
    I've noticed a number of you who were able to get leather seats on the sport model. I am interested in doing the same but was quoted $2000 for after-market leather seats/door panels and heated seats. I saw a few people here mention a $1005 leather + $220 heated seats configuration. Did this include the door panels?

My main question is: was this truly a factory option or was it aftermarket? I think the best way to know the difference is on aftermarket you will still have manual seats and the controls for the heated seats won't be on the center console like they are on the Limited. I assume if it was a factory option everything would be just like the Limited. They couldn't tell us where the heat controls would be - likely just an on-off switch on the side of the chair they said. That didn't really impress me, as the limited offers 5 levels of heat control.

We negotiated with Stevinson Toyota in Denver yesterday buy didn't take any deal they offered. They told us their invice price for the Sport (V8 4x4) we wanted was $33,209. It was fairly loaded:
    Sunroof
    JBL 6-disc
    cargo double decker
    auto climate control
    etc., don't remember everything in the package just the parts of interest.

we want them to add:
    alarm
    heated leather seats

Also, I noted their invoice included the "dealer holdback" line item as others have mentioned. It was $655. I asked if that was being double counted and of course they said no. I'm off to read the dealer holdback forum to see if anyone has figured this out for Toyota yet.

Anyway, we may just have to go with a Limited, but I'd prefer the Sport...any input on (especially on the leather issue) would be much appreciated!!