Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    Thanks for the update. I just checked out the CC road test in the August issue of Car & Driver. They said the same thing about the refinement and quietness. They also added that the fit & finish would do Infiniti proud. They tested an automatic 4x4 SE and showed a 0 - 60 time of 10.9 secs. The only reservations they had were the tightness of the backseat (compared to a full-size crew cab) and the short length of the bed (I don't find it a problem, as you don't either).
  • morenomoreno Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the safety reviews are on the Nissan CC SE 2x4? I just bought one for 19,100. It is fun to drive kind of like driving a small car except you can see everything and one heck of a lot quieter! I bought mine off the lot at Upstate Nissan in Anderson, SC. The 4x4 wasn't a need here,but I was impressed that there is no hieght differance in the 2x4 and the 4x4. As for the bed just get an extender and all is well for just $299.00. I chose one with a factory liner though because they aren't available yet at the dealer.
  • davie1davie1 Member Posts: 9
    Moreno,

I would like to see safety info on the cc as
    well. I anyone knows if or where it can be found
    please post.
    Also I am looking for a removable topper.
    so If any truck topper manufacturers are making one for the crew cab and read this BB please
    post.
  • skgskg Member Posts: 16
    Check out the A.R.E. site for a cab high shell or a fiberglass tonneau cover for the CrewCab. They not only have them already, they even have pictures on their page.

The address is:
    http://www.4are.com

Kent
  • jackflakjackflak Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know if there will be a bench seat offered for the front seat of the crew cab?
  • bodymechanicbodymechanic Member Posts: 3
    I am presently an owner of a Mazdea B3000. Whazzz up with the Nissan? I haven't test drove it yet but reading all of the comments here I think I better check it out.

I am looking for the captain's chair if available. I want the luxury interior and a truck exterior.
    Any comments???
  • tportastportas Member Posts: 1
    I have a Crew cab Nissan in the driveway right now, dealer let me take it home overnight ... I am currently driving a Dakota Club cab, I like it but the babyseat makes it a one adult vehicle. Took the baby to swim lessons this pm with no problem handling a car seat in the back, it works fine. I am partial to the Dakota because I've owned two, first one crunched in a Train Wreck (long story, I was not driving it), second one is a repoed Sport. Turning radius is kinda long compared to the Nissan, but actual gas mileage of the Dakota is 20+ pending how heavy my foot is. I currently have the dealer accepting 19k but I'm holding out for 18.5K or at least 18.75k or I walk. The vehicle is actually a "USED" model with 800 miles right now (older gentleman could not get wife and such to go along, or so I'm told). I like the Crew cab ride MUCH better than the Dakota. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should wait for the Dakota 4 door???
    SGK,

Thanks for the topper info.
  • cct5378cct5378 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Just bought a beautiful se 2wd crew. It has a power package, bedliner, ect. Its white exterior and tan interior a just fantastic. Sound quality on the stereo is alot better than I thought. I was going to get the sport package, but decided to sacrifice that for an automatic. I just love this SE Crew. I paid $300 over invoice and around 1500 for TTL. All totaled at 21,690. I finally gave in when they didnot accept my 21,300 offer. I just want to tell everyone that there are dealers going below MSRP outthere. Just be straight with them and know that they should make 1,2,or 300 over invoice for a car and yo will do just fine. I got mine at david Mcdavid nissan in houston, TX. They had twelve on the lot and it looked like they needed to clear them out. On the way home (1 hour) I heard a strange clicking noise. Upon further inspection, my back ds tire was loose. REAL LOOSE! I tightened the lugs and everything was fine. Well, good luck everyone, you have thought me alot. I will keep in touch on how things with the crew are going.
  • esonlineesonline Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2wd crew cab in the xe style with all the bells on the inside. I love the 5 spd and have the best time driving around. It turns heads and all you owners get used to people wanting to see yours. I paid 19,005. out the door incl. ttl. This was from Sutherlin Nissan in Powder Springs Ga. I have the power pkg. plus the 3 cd changer.
    Just a quick note on insurance,
    I called my auto insurer to put my new CC on my
    policy. when I got my statement I found I had not
    been credited with anti lock brakes or passive
    restraints, so I called...Y2K bit..their computer
    showed my truck as a 1900 nissan frontier..
    the stupid computer knew that there were no such
    safety devices in 1900 but didn't so I didn't get
    the discount for them.
    To the credit of my insurer they fixed the problem the next day(saved me 50 bucks a year)
    but all 2000 vehicle owners should check their policys carefully.
    still love this truck
  • erbjoherbjoh Member Posts: 1
    I live in Minnesota and would like to get one of the new Frontier Crew Cabs. I would appreciate hearing from any Midwest owners about their purchase and what kind of deal(?) they were able to get.
    I still love my truck,

If you are a wall flower you won't be with this
    truck. people are curious about this truck,
    I don't think you would get this much notice
    driving a viper.
  • sharonbiggssharonbiggs Member Posts: 1
    cct5378 cliff,
    just curious. What is the TTL that you paid just over $1500 for?
    It sounds like you just bought the exact vehicle that I am interested in buying. SE, Crew Cab, Auto, Power, with bed liner. But you reference to TTL throw me.
  • russm1russm1 Member Posts: 5
    This last weekend, I took my three nephews all over town. The crew cab has plenty of room for kids. I was a little worried when I bought the truck 6 weeks ago, but after this weekend, I was very pleased on how easy it was with them, ages(7,7,8). The best thing was still being able to shop and carry all your purchases in the bed of the truck. Kids couldn't get to them and play around. It was great! The child door locks in the back worked out perfect for safety, once the kids were strapped in, they couldn't get out. I am so glad this type of truck came out, so I didn't have to settle for an SUV!!! I have been completely satisfied since I bought the SE with the power pkg. and automatic. I have had nothing but rave rewiews from everyone who has seen it and the couple of people I have let drive it. There is pleanty of power with the automatic, and the ride is very very comfortable, it is like a luxury car. This is a great truck!
  • ressotressot Member Posts: 6
    I did it! I bought an SE CC. Had to do it, my old truck was just falling apart. I got the fully loaded with the sunroof. Even though I didn't want a sunroof, that was the only way to get the radio with CD and tape deck. (CD for dad, tape for daughter's kid tapes)A tad bit noiser with the sunroof, I'm sure I'll put it to use. I have read so many good things about it, and some bad, but for an all around full purpose vehicle, it will be put to use. Hate to admitt, I did pay full price, but they deducted the floor mats, added front window tint free. But I looked at other trucks, and they were to much truck for me. Keep posted folks.
    P.S. is there an after-market rear wheel slip differential kit for the SE CC?
  • ladyblueladyblue Member Posts: 326
    Congrats! Does your sunroof have a wind deflector? If not, get one. I hear they really cut down on the noise.
  • bordenborden Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered one too. Bright yellow and fully loaded. Is the roof rack option available yet? I have seen it on the television ad's? Looks cool. How's the rack going to interfere with the sun roof? Any thoughts?
  • kjtgkjtg Member Posts: 49
    my dealer told me the sunroof would not be offered on the cc, because of the rack. i'm glad to hear that is. i have it on my truck now and like it..
  • barresa11barresa11 Member Posts: 277
    The sunroof is included in an option pkg. and not a stand-alone option. As far as I can tell the sunroof should not interfere w/the rack or vice versa. The cross beams on the rack appear to be adjustable and one would simply adjust one of them to clear the opening for the sunroof, not unlike removing the basket on the Xterra's rack to open its sunroof.
  • bsutleybsutley Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to purchase a SE-V6 2WD CC. I can't seem to get them to budge off about a 6% profit margin. Also, there's a fee that's got me steamed -- $169 for an "administrative charge," aka document fee. I'm told this is a usual charge for filing the title, etc. (There's a separate $10 title fee.) On the other hand, I'm not getting hit with an advertising fee ... which it sounds like would be similar to this in terms of amount. Does all this make sense to those of you w/more car-buying experience? I've been out of the game for awhile ... Total price being quoted to me is $19,995, which I'm told is already $3,000 off MSRP for this model w/its options. B. Sutley
  • begelforbegelfor Member Posts: 10
    As another CC owner I started a Bulletin Board for us - http://www.insidetheweb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi/mb653661

Take a look, post a message.
  • newbouldnewbould Member Posts: 7
    hey all, i just test drove a XE 2wd with power package....what a smooth truck! now, im in Ca and with gas being 1.60+ a gallon....hows the gas mileage with the 5 speed? Anyone in Nor Cal have a good dealer to get an awesome deal at...with destination, power, and 3 disc CD, and their "added markup" = 22,259. no way im paying close to that right now though. Please tell me about MPG experiences!!!
  • kgaesserkgaesser Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of making a deal on a CC SE loaded 4x4, the dealer quoted me MSRP 24,290 and has come down to 23,000. Is that a good deal or what? Here on the East Coast the CC just came out. They are also telling me that the roof rack is available but will have to be added later. I'm really excited about owning a CC. I've had a 94' XE King Cab for 5 years and want more space in the cab. If anyone knows if this quote is a good deal please respond. Thanks
  • skytopherskytopher Member Posts: 10
    I drove a 4x4 XE Crew Cab today, and it is the smoothest machine I've driven. I would really like to buy one, if I can only find one! There are four Nissan dealers in Columbus, Ohio, and each one seems to only have *one* truck. I know that if I try to buy now I'll just overpay, so I'm going to be patient. Are there any parts of the country where the CC is in stock?

Chris
  • geolamoureuxgeolamoureux Member Posts: 1
    I needed a vehicle as my 88 Isuzu trooper finally died at 226,000 miles, my own fault but that's another story.
    I went to a dealer ship her in RI on a Tuesday just to look at one and I wanted to get a base XE but wound
    up with the SE 4X2 that night. MSRP with shipping,bedliner etc was 19, 500 and I got it for 18,500.
    I wanted a roof rack but not available yet, It was on the lot and the only thing it didn't have was the power package, other than that it had 16"tires,privacy glass
    with sliding rear window, floor maps, 5 speed, cd,
    All in all i've been getting better mileage than the Trooper got, around 22MPG overall, just remember
    it's new and I don't do JACKRABBIT starts.
    SO far I love it
  • acorpuz1acorpuz1 Member Posts: 4
    I ordered my Green CC 4x4 SE/5 spd. a month ago, to replace my Toyota T-100 (x/tra cab) and I'm still waiting for the dealership to call me back. They said, green is hard to come by, I say baloney! Is 24.5K (out the door price) a reasonable for this truck?
    I have a 00 nissan crew se with power. I would like to know what the yellow waxey residue is coming from the bottom of my tailgate, and how can I stop this? Also, I am getting 13.5 mpg with my se. I use 92 octane fuel. I have 750 miles on mine. By the way, I enjoy this truck more and more everyday, I just wonder if I am doing something wrong to affect my mpg. What is a jackrabbit start? Thanks Cliff.
  • mosimosi Member Posts: 28
    You might be waiting a while unless they know that they have one alotted to them by the factory. I ordered mine in silver 2 months ago and they were not due to have any silver until November but told me they could probably trade for one. The problem is that everyone seems to want silver so there went my chances.. subsequently, I changed to an Xterra which will be in sometime late next month or early Sept....
    As far as 24.5K YOUCH!! I can see paying that if you didn't want to wait and needed it today! I was going to get my CC 4x4 SE/AT with power and sport package, ltd. slip, bed liner and mats for $23,800.. I just checked carpoint and it looks like the model and options you want is $24,117 (power, sport, ltd. slip, mats and liner) MSRP.. so I would say that it is not a good deal.. they will probably try to say that includes dealer prep fees but Nissan pays for that so don't let em screw ya.. bottom line, if you can wait then by all means wait! One thing I do know is that there seems to be an abunduncy of charcoal mist CCs..
    Just thought of something! if you live in a state with vehicle tax then maybe 24.5k out the door isn't so bad.. I live in Oregon so there isn't any here.

happy hunting
  • cncmancncman Member Posts: 487
    abecor;
    I think it is actually a combination of both green
    and 4x4, they are both rare. I have only had one 4x4 come accross my lot and no greens, We sold a 4x4 CC and have to go to Tennesse to get it!
    acorpuz1:

You say there seems to be an abundance of charcoal mist cc's.....where? That is the color I want; here in Columbus Ohio, they only have red and there are only two trucks at the dealership here. I plan to go to the dealership tomorrow(Saturday) and try my luck, but since there's a shortage of trucks I don't expect to be able to get my price on one. Which wouldn't be so bad; I hate red.
    Chris
  • mosimosi Member Posts: 28
    Skytopher,

It was me that made the comment on the charcoal mist... I'm in Oregon.. the best thing you can do is call all of your local dealerships and have them check what colors they have in and then go down to see if its something you want. About a week ago, there were about 5 charcoal CCs in my area to be had.
    Mosi
  • acorpuz1acorpuz1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your advised guys. Anyway, I wasn't able to wait for my Green SE 4x4/5 spd. Crew Cab., so I settled for the SE 4x2/Auto, super black yesterday (7/30/99). I guessed, I don't need the 4x4 here in Stockton, California (unless I go to Reno or Tahoe during winter time). The out the door price was 23.5K. I hope I did not pay too much. Well, life is too short, what the heck...!
  • pcriggspcriggs Member Posts: 1
    I have learned alot from the comments in this section. Yesterday a friend and I purchased three crew cabs in North Carolina, (one for his dad). We got two XE 4X2 5 speeds, (green, blue) and one XE 4X2 automatic, (blue). All have the power package, 3-disc changer, and bed extender. The 5 speeds we got for $19,100 and the automatic for $20,300 "out the door". The dealer is going out of state to get what we want. We should have them next week.

FYI, once the general manager knew we had done internet research, we worked from the invoice. At this point he wanted to charge us a "Market Assessment Fee". As someone in another section suggested, I called 1-800-NISSAN-1 to inquire. The customer service person said she had never heard of the fee. We went back to the dealer and started to leave when he mentioned the fee again. I told him I had called Nissan and they did not know about the fee. He went to get the invoices to show us the charge. I then told him it really did not matter, our concern was the "out-the-door price". As it turns out, this expense is for regional advertising. Thanks again for all the info.
  • vanionvanion Member Posts: 1
    I have recently test drove all the compact trucks in my area. All were 4x4, extended cabs including Mazda B4000(ford ranger), Chevy S10, Nissan Crew, and Toyota Tacoma. I was looking for the extra doors and all but Tacoma and S10 have 4. Of all of them the CC has the most interior space and the most horse power. I managed to get all the dealers to let me do a little off roading and all the 4x4's handled well with the exception of the S10. It's off road kit make it handle like a full size truck. I wasn't impressed.
    As for pricing, the Nissan at MSRP is the cheapest truck around( though I am not saying pay the sticker price). Give the truck a year on the market and allow the competition to push their own models and the truck will once again be in the buyers market.

If you cannot wait though, check out the B4000. Fully loaded at MSRP of around $23.5, they will deal due to the competition with the Ranger. Not as big as the CC, but still a very nice truck. Also has a better factory warranty even though it is American made. Not as good as Toyota and Nissan, but better than all American makes.

My first choice is the Nissan though, but I am willing to wait for the incentives as I still have some time to shop.

Just my two cents,
    Vanion
    Just a mileage update 1450 miles on my cc4x2 xe
    automatic. filled up after a tank of mostly
    highway (about 80%) and it was right at 20mpg
    the best I have gotten so far. I am guessing that
    it is just now fully broken in.
    Any CC owners Checked your mileage yet?
  • janis2janis2 Member Posts: 7
    I'm ready to buy the 4x4cc. I've been reading all of your comments for a couple of weeks now. I'm in L.A. so far only one dealer has called with the 4x4. (not the color I want) I was thinking 23000 out the door fully loaded. What do you think. The prices seem to vary per state. help! thanks. ps automatic
  • beauregardbeauregard Member Posts: 1
    Spoke to 6 Dealers here in Dallas...Trophy, Courtesy, Bankston, and a couple of others. They all promise to beat any other dealers price. I got a price of $20797 from a dealer in East Texas, on an SE 4x2 with auto and power package, and no one in Dallas is willing to touch it. sounds like false advertising to me...
  • russm1russm1 Member Posts: 5
    I've had my SE CC Automatic for two months now, and I've been averaging 18 mpg. I am very happy with the truck. Has anyone had any luck on getting a roof rack? The dealerships in San Diego still don't have them for purchase.
  • ressotressot Member Posts: 6
    Thanks ladyblue, for the info. Now I just need to know if somebody makes and aftermarket or if nissan is going to come out with a rear wheel slip differential for the 2x4 CC. keep me webbed anybody.
  • tamutamu Member Posts: 4
    beauregard form dallas I myself am in the market for a new cc 4x2 tell what options and where you found that truck for 20797. I looked at Bankstone and they are way to high my, not very nice ether must not want to give away that free case of coke with a test drive.
  • tamutamu Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, about the words in the statement change form to from and take the "my" out of the statement. I am in to big of a hurry!
  • finemanfineman Member Posts: 3
    I am considering the Nissan Frontier SE-V6 4WD King Cab, but would welcome any comments on the towing capability of this vehicle. About once a month, I plan to tow a horse trailer with one horse for approximately 30 miles on mostly flat terrain for each trip. Can this truck handle the job? Also, can this truck handle the towing with manual transmission or do I really need the automatic? Thanks.
    the frontier V6 is rated to tow 3500 pounds
    with the standard transmission and 5000 pounds
    with the auto. I hope this helps because I have
    got no idea how much a horse and trailer weighs.
  • stestistesti Member Posts: 1
    To club cab owners (or anyone else who may know):

Can you remove the back seat to increase interior storage space?
  • finemanfineman Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Davie1. Looks like I will have to go with the automatic since a typical horse trailer weighs in at 2600 pounds and a horse is about 1200 pounds.
  • tadairtadair Member Posts: 1
    I'm moving to Michigan and would like to purchase a 4x4 CC soon after arrival. Any recommendations on dealers (there's not one closer than 40+ miles), or any experiences on prices in the area?

Troy
  • tyjotyjo Member Posts: 6
    anyone see a bluish/gray color on cc?
    tyjo, I saw a dark blue CC in Dayton, Ohio, this past week...I forget which dealer

Chris
This discussion has been closed.