Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• kvedulakvedula Member Posts: 3
    Terry,
    Thanks for your reply. The noise comes as soon as break and is not there if I reverse and do not break.
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Then I would say fhrabetin might have something worth looking into.... :)
  • obravadaobravada Member Posts: 37
    Sounds just like the problem I am experiencing with my 2006 Murano SL. Bought the car in August and immediately began to experience the high pitch squeal when "Only backing up". Did not have any problem braking when going forward. The problem initially occurred in the morning after the SUV sat overnight (vehicle is garaged when not on the road). Took it back to the dealer where I purchased and the service manager said it "was normal". I indicated that I have a friend that recently purchased the same model murano in March this year and her vehicle has yet to exhibit the squeal. The dealer did replace the brake pads and resurface the rotors at 1,200 miles. The next morning the same squeal was heard again. Thinking that the pads had to be "broken in" we waited until 2,500 miles to see if the condition disappeared. Not on your life.. unhappy with the squeal I took it back to the dealer and again they said it was a normal condition. The service manager said he also was driving a murano SL the exhibited the same squeal and said it was normal. They did nothing to the vehicle, which they had all day because the could not duplicate the problem. I have gone to another dealer in my home town and they indicated they would look at the problem. We left the car overnight at the dealership and they were able to duplicate the problem. They put on a another set of brake pads and re-surfaced the rotors. So far so good. The squeal has not re-occured since the second set of brake pads were installed. Don't let up on trying to get this issue resolved. It is not normal to have such a loud squeal that the neighbors are asking if there is something seriously wrong with the car.
  • cpurnellcpurnell Member Posts: 3
    On Thanksgiving Day (2006) my 2003 Nissan Murano would not move. I had it towed to the dealer and was told this morning that I needed a new transmission that would cost over $5900! They had no explanation to why I had transmission failure and that it would not be covered because my warranty had expired. I am sitting at 68,000 miles and do not know why I need a new transmission. I wanted to know if you made any headway with the Nissan Corporation. I plan to call them on Monday (office was closed today - 11/24/06). I also read that there was a recall because the panel light may have displayed the incorrect gear position. Of course the service department did not know anything about that. Please let me know what Nissan did about your particular situation.
    My Nissan Murano suffered a transmission failure (under 70,000 miles)which could result in a $5900 fee to fix. How can we find out how many other people are having the same issue. I am still paying for this vehicle and find it hard to believe that I have to pay such a substantial amount of money. I believe Nissan should cover a large amount of this cost.
    NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 03V123000

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:GEAR POSITION INDICATION (PRNDL)

Details: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE NUT THAT ATTACHES THE TRANSMISSION GEAR SELECTOR SHAFT TO THE CONTROL VALVE LEVER IN THE TRANSMISSION MAY NOT BE ADEQUATELY TIGHTENED. THIS COULD RESULT IN THE TRANSMISSION NOT ACTUALLY BEING IN THE GEAR INDICATED BY THE GEAR SELECTOR LEVER. IN ADDITION, THE TRANSMISSION POSITION DISPLAY IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL MAY NOT BE ON OR MAY BE INCORRECT.

Consequence: IF THE GEAR DISPLAYED IS DIFFERENT FROM THE GEAR ENGAGED, THIS COULD RESULT IN UNEXPECTED VEHICLE MOVEMENT AND A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL CHECK THE AFFECTED NUT IN THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT LEVER LINKAGE, AND TIGHTEN IT IF NECESSARY. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN APRIL 15, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

Units Potentially Affected: 128

Recall Initiated By: MFR
    Date added to NHTSA datbase: 04/02/2003
    -----------------------

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 03V455000

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Details: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.

Consequence: THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
    Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE T

HE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(S), AND IN SOME CASES, THE VARIABLE TIMING CONTROL SENSOR(S). VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.

Units Potentially Affected: 630000

Recall Initiated By: MFR
    Date added to NHTSA datbase: 11/19/2003
    --------------------

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 05V319000

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR/REGULATOR

Details: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A WIRE BREAKING INSIDE THE ALTERNATOR COULD STOP THE BATTERY FROM CHARGING.

Consequence: IF THIS HAPPENS, THE CHARGER WARNING AND BRAKE WARNING LAMPS WILL IMMEDIATELY COME ON AND THE BATTERY WILL BEGIN TO DISCHARGE. AFTER A SHORT TIME, THE ENGINE WILL GO INTO A "FALL SAFE" CONDITION WHICH WILL LIMIT VEHICLE SPEED. THE ENGINE WILL STOP RUNNING WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE ALTERNATOR WITH A NEW VERSION WHICH HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO PREVENT MOVEMENT OF THE COIL. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 1, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

Units Potentially Affected: 125466

Recall Initiated By: ODI
    Date added to NHTSA datbase: 07/14/2005
    --------------------
  • easym1easym1 Member Posts: 218
    Hi terry, is this transmission problem limited only to 2003 Murano?
    Those were recalls and service bulletins on the 2003. :)
  • baldwin3baldwin3 Member Posts: 121
    Just be very careful...TPS can occur suddenly, you put your car in the garage and the next morning, it "won't go". CVT failure, is rare at Nissan Central Valley, Modesto, CA...my dealership. One: wrong fluid put in at a quick lube place, Two: cracked on a rock and fluid ran out and Three: actually failed. CVT failures don't happen in a happily parked car which has performed perfectly the day before.
    Be sure you have an intelligent service foreman...remember, the service writers are come and go people...just "jobs" and know less about the Murano than most owners. Before you pay $5,900 for a new transmission, be certain that it is not a "simple" electrical glitch...as in the TPS circit.
    Appreciate feedback from smart guys like terry and easym and some of the other regulars on your problem...Dr. John..CA
    I appreciate the feedback from everyone on this panel. I have decided to purchase a new Murano and added the bumper to bumper extended warranty (100,000 miles). It was only an additional $1500. The dealer was sympathetic of my situation and I am not paying much more for the new Murano. I will definitely make sure that the servicemen are cautious with my new vehicle.
    Happy to see you are getting a good break from the dealer. The Consumer Report on the 06 is essentially excellent all the way down through the categories.
    Not to be cynical, but if your dealer is giving you a super tradein on the "broken transmission" 03, you've got to wonder if it wasn't the TPS or some simple problem...as $5,900 to fix it would destroy the normal trade-in value...just a thought.
    I spent several hours looking at the Hyundai Santa Fe posts on Edmunds...enthusiastic owners, but Consumer Reports 2006 Car Review Issue gives it poor marks for gas mileage, handling, reliability and resale. The newest 2007 model, just coming out, is not reviewed but obviously those Koreans are getting very good at making cars.. JB
  • tae1tae1 Member Posts: 12
    Just want to know if anyone has gone through this learning curve...

Will they fit...
    Any issues....
    Benefits...
    Outcome....
    Recommendations...

Marty :)
  • fhrabetinfhrabetin Member Posts: 34
    Marty:
    I haven't done 20" but have put on smaller than stock to accommodate snow tires. I used non-stock wheels and had to use spacers on the hub to move the wheels out to avoid rubbing/hitting the disk mechanism. know in advance that they will be heavier-decreased mileage and the size difference will make your speedometer readout inaccurate. I don't know if +/- or by how much. Good luck.
    Frank
    Frank

Thanks...

Smaller is easy....

I do know all the pit falls of rim weight, Overall diameter,offset, and speedomater readout..

The answer to your question is if the new tire is more than 3% larger diameter than the original tire it will affect speedo...

If you need to know how to calculate overall diameter of a tire....

murano original tire 235/65/18
    235 is the width of the tire in MM milimeter
    (divide by 25.4) to find width in inches
    235 divide by 25.4 = 9.25 In wide

Height of tire
    width of tire multiplied by % aspect ratio (65 series) = .65
    235 divide by .65 = 152.75 MM
    Convert to inches by dividing by 25.4
    152.75 div by 25.4 = 6.01 inches
    That represent top of rim to top of tire
    Add 6.01 + 6.01 (other idewall of tire + rime width (18) =
    Overall diameter of tire and rim
    6.01 + 6.01 + 18 = 30.02 inch tall tire

If your new tire are 3% percent smaller or smaller than 29.12 inches tall than you are affecting speedo and camber caster....

THis formula works for all tires...

Good luck
    Thanks for writing..
    Marty :shades:
  • murano_ownermurano_owner Member Posts: 64
    I have an 05 Murano and every morning when I back out of my garage it makes a loud squeak and then it goes away.

Also when I drive it for the first 100 yards and brake, I hear a sort of muffled noise from the brakes and this goes away as well. It seems that the brakes need to be warmed up before these little nuances go away.
  • ravinpatravinpat Member Posts: 8
    Hi finally got this fixed, it ended up being around 500.
  • murano_ownermurano_owner Member Posts: 64
    OUCH!!! Being the idiot I am I backed up near a pole and didn't realize it had a power outlet on the side and heard a crunch from my tailight. I cracked a small hole in it.

I called Nissan and they wanted $190 for a new light. I looked online and some people will sell it new for about $150. Thank god for ebay, ended up getting a new one for $79.
    I cannot believe the prices nissan wanted for the rear light.

Now I have to figure out how to install it. Hmmmm
  • gidget2gidget2 Member Posts: 2
    I can trying to locate in the car, the in cabinet air filter and obtain instructions on changing the filter. I have a 2005 Murano.
  • baybaybaybay Member Posts: 6
    I am sure you have gotten this figured out as the original post was over a month ago, but I thought I would mention a word of caution that had the same effect. My oil change should have been routine (04 currently 77000 miles) but I went to one of the quick drive in, no appt and something as simple as reattaching/tightening of the air hoses did not happen. Drove a total of 11 miles before it died on the freeway. Once the hoses were tightened as they were attached just not tight things were back to normal.

Also, I am having the pleasure of replacing a CV boot due to a leaking oil casing (something like that) which the dealer did not catch and fortunately my regular indep. repair crew did so I am fixing not just a symptom but the problem as well. Then I am also having to replace the RT side engine mount and the lower control arms, all to the tune of $1700 where the dealer wanted $2300 for the same repairs.

Hmm. Should I get the 07?
  • tnmuranotnmurano Member Posts: 3
    First time poster here, so please be kind :)

I have had probs with my 03 SL AWD and acceleration. I have seen comments here regarding TPS and complete CVT replacement. Approx 16 months ago, had the idle "relearned" when the vehicle would hesitate slightly upon acceleration, no major incidents to note. Then actually had a problem with the "drive by wire" fixed under warranty.

Now, have had probs with the vehicle just not going at all. Was actually at the Bristol Motor Speedway for holiday event over the weekend and lost all ability to move going up a ramp into the speedway (after start and stop traffic for approx 1.5 hrs). My MO actually rolled back toward the car behind me. I tried putting it into D, S, and L with no movement. I had to put one foot on the brake and floor the gas until I could feel it "catch" and begin to move.

I dropped my MO at the dealer today to do a 90,000 mile service (I have had it since Xmas 2002 and has been great other than what I said here---first one purchased from that dealer) and they pulled a Code P0860 Valve Body Failure. They can fix for approx $1500 for parts and labor.

Anyone able to shed light on a Code 0860???
  • njmedicnjmedic Member Posts: 18
    Acceleration is something which I have had a problem with for some time. I keep telling the service dept. manager that I feel that the vehicle has really bad "pick up" - heck, my husband's Hundai zips along compared to my Murano. Same answer each time - "can't replicate the problem." I don't understand how anyone can test drive this vehicle on a slight uphill and NOT notice this! If my vehicle ever dies on the highway because of this problem Nissan, and this dealership is in BIG trouble!!!!!
    Just a tip for acceleration problem Murano owners: when it fails to "go" when you step on the gas, pull over, get safe and stop.
    Turn off the ignition key. Wait one minute...let the dust settle and the computer or whatever "reset". Then try it again.
    This has worked for MOST everyone with TPS failure...yes, there will be "service" lights on, but the vehicle will perform normally, possibly forever..but we all got our TPS replaced.
    Obviously, if this fails, you have more than just a "simple electronic failure"....(see, I told you a hundred posts ago, these new cars are TOO darned complicated). But try to find a 1951 Chevy made in 2006. JB
  • kvedulakvedula Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply. I am having exactly the same problem as described by you. The noise is so loud that it is becoming embarrassing being seen sitting in the SUV. The dealer is refusing to fix the problem by changing the brake pads by saying that " Nissan's Tech line is looking at the problem and unless they come up with a solution as to how to fix the problem, we are unable to do any thing". It is extremely frustrating !
    Kvedula:
    And your more likely to stop breathing by the time Nissan gets back to you. I don't know if you have a "Lemon Law" in your state or how long you've had the vehicle but bring it in 3 times for this repair. Make sure the problem is noted on each service write up and file for a car replacement under your state's lemon law. I guarantee you will then get a response from Nissan and possibly the car will be replaced also.
    Frank
  • michaelscaimichaelscai Member Posts: 75
    My Murano has noticable vibration mostly on steering wheel when accerate at certain speed.

The vibration is most noticable at certain speed range, e.g. when I cruise at 60 mp, then start accelerate hard, there is noticable steering wheel vibration. The more abrupt I accelerate, the more noticable it is.

When I cruise at 70mph, then accelerate, it's fine.

If I accelerate smoothly from 0-70mph, it's fine.

IS THIS AN ISSUE WITH THE TRANSMISSION?? or suspension? anyone has similar issue? The fact it's more noticable at certain speed makes me worried it's an transmission issue - hope I don't need to pay 6k for a new tranny!!
    Its seems that what you have is a small wheel issue....

If a rim weight has fallen off....
    It will cause the sort of issue you are decribing....

Best/Cheapest way to diagnose is have said tire rebalanced by a profession shop (hi speed Balance)...to determine if that is the issue...

The fact that the issue is intermittant and its not constant is a good sign....

Start with the rebalance first...

Marty :shades:
    Marty is right, and I would also have the alignment checked as well. ;)
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    Our 03 Murano has been in the shop for 4 days to check a vibration we are receiving upon initial acceleration of the car. It usually happens when we hit the accelerator from a complete stop or when initially stepping on the accelerator. The noise seems to be a vibration coming from the transmission. So far the dealer has tried a few things but to no avail. Nissan has told them to change the engine mounts on the front and back of the engine. Anyone have any ideas? We are not getting any lag on acceleration its just an annoying sound we get when hitting the accelerator initially.

thanks
    I believe Nissan hit the nail on the head with the motor mounts. That is the most likely source of vibration troubles you describe. The known transmission issues for 2003 Mo's don't involve what you are feeling.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    The engine mounts did not work either so they have a Nissan Engineer taking a look at the issue. The rep told me they have 2 other Muranos there that have similar noises coming from the engine. Lets see
    Well, let us hope some "mechanic" didn't put the wrong fluid in your transmission....
  • obravadaobravada Member Posts: 37
    I've gone two weeks now since the new brake pads were installed on the car. Have not had a re-occurrence of the "Squeal". My advice is to try another dealer like I did. Since the car is still under warranty having another dealer look into the problem is worth a try. Took me 3 trips total to 2 different dealers to get it fixed. Good luck.
  • michaelscaimichaelscai Member Posts: 75
    I put some new tires on and did a wheel balance at goodyear shop, it seems to have gotten better but the vibration has not totally gone away.

I was also told at an aother autoshop, the motor mount has gone bad, they showed me how the engine was moving up and down too much at idle, the cost to repair was about $300 (150 for part 120 for labor plus tax). Could this have caused the steering wheel vibration as well, since it only happens when I accelerate at certain speed, most noticably at higher speed though
    A "bad" mount most certainly could have caused the vibration you talked about. So can misalignment and unbalanced tires.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    the adjustible pedals on my 03 no longer move up or back. the motor that moves them runs but it sounds like the gear or whatever mechanism is broken. has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix. i have a nissan zero ded. service contract but would like this information first. also, the trip computer on my nav screeen no longer keeps accurate milage. you can go ten miles and the next time you start the car it might register 1,248 miles. the screen also stays on when you turn off the engine and pull the key out of the ignition switch. anyone else hav any of these problems? thanks. rr70
    Gidget2:
    The way it was explained to me by the service rep is that it's behind the glove box. MT the glove box and dismount from the back and also the R (passenger) side. I looked at it and decided the $25 (?) labor charge was worth it. If I had more time and a good shop manual I'd take a wack at it. Why it was put there????
    Frank
    The AC air filter is also located behind the glove box on my Subaru Forester, as well. :cry:

Once I changed it, the Mo was fairly easy as well....it will take no more than thirty minutes..just make sure you bring a small can or cup to keep track of the screws/washers and all of that.

The instructions for replacement are in the Owners Manual. :)
  • mekunsel1mekunsel1 Member Posts: 3
    My wife & I have 2004 SE & SL Muranos...Have never liked the OEM Eagle LS tires (pretty good for performance feel -- especially on the SE). Handling in snow was downright awful.

We just put Yokohama YK520 tires on the SE....it made a huge difference and don't feel that the dry pavement performance feel was diminished. We do have VDC system, and I found it much more difficult to do crazy things while stomping on it pretty agressively after 3-4 inches of snow a few weeks ago.

Difficult tires to find....my local Discount Tire store ordered them, but I couldn't find them on their web site. Price ~ $160/tire (more than the Eagle LS but well worth it, I think).

I hope someone will find this info useful. Anyone else have good success with a different tire?
    I appreciate your post, as I am in the market for a better set right now, mekunsel1. :)
  • timbo4timbo4 Member Posts: 30
    My pedals also stopped working. I suspect a broken worm gear. The gas pedal moves but the brake pedal doesn't. I was going to fix it but the drivers seat fore/aft adjuster also broke. Again a broken plastic gear. That repair cost $700 so I decided to let the pedals go. If you get them fixed please let me know the cost. I haven't had any problems with the nav screen.
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Thanks for the info. I was searching as well to replace my 04 SL tires when the time comes but there is not alot of options out there. I know Michelin makes a tire as well. There is a previous post about the Michelins.
  • homeounerhomeouner Member Posts: 145
    Hi: changed the cabin air filter last cite. At most, a five minute job for the experienced. Empty the box, the filter housing can be seen if you look over the top of the box when open.

The cover is white plastic about 11/2"x 6"-7" long W/ two push to open tabs, and sits on top of the fan, but difficult to get to W/O removing the box. Move the seat back for work room. The black hinge pins have a lever on them for ease of removal. I used a thin bladed screw driver to pry the pins out. The ends have split ends to keep them in place. With pins out turn the box to get the guide knobs out of there slots. A thin black cord that operates the light is nor very strong so do not let the box hang ,support it with something in order not to pull it loose from the right side of the box. If it pulls out I see its re-connecting will be very difficult. My filter after 38,000 miles was loaded W/ a lot of dirt. Since it is so easy to get to I tapped it and used air to remove the dirt, until I get around to buying a new one. Its really flimsy so be careful.
  • dewars11dewars11 Member Posts: 1
    I too had the problem with no help from Nissan.

My dealer called me on this week on a service bulletin that just came out on the brakes.
    It is the front brakes that squeek not the rear.
    They removed pads, found totors glazed and Puds having build up of Brake dust. Resurfaced front rotors cleaned all hardware.

So far no noise!
  • apple3apple3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Can't believe yet another RECALL on the 2005 Murano! Has anyone gotten this steering wheel lock recall completed yet? Any tips? Looks like it is specific for those with intelligent key. Not so intelligent, I guess! ;)

Thanks in advance!
    I thought I would weigh in today, having seen a gorgeous Hyundai Santa Fe parked at our Fitness Center...for all the world, a Murano-Lexus copy. For fun, I went to Edmunds.com to look at Problems and Fixes for this vehicle. Guess what:
    a littany of problems: doors won't close, poor mileage, noisy interior, faulty electronics, radio failures, windshield wiper failure, won't shift..stuck in park, and on and on. I wonder at these comments, and now that our Muranos are down to occasional TPS and CVT failures, I wonder if we don't have (looking also at Toyota/Honda SUV blogs) as good a model as there is...somebody tell me if I am wrong. And, caveat: if you keep your car past warranty, I don't care which brand you own..a modern hunk of electronic stuff banging over today's highways...needs an extended warranty. I did the research..and am still in Nissan's corner and will keep our 2005 when the lease runs out in 18 months, unless it really "turns on me". John B from Twain Harte.
    A few days ago I posted about changing the cabin air filter. A new one is $35.00 at the dealer while a filter for the engine air intake $10.12. When comparing the two the cabin the cabin should cost no more than $7.00-$8.00, its really flimsy W/ not much to it. Its $12.28 at the popular parts stores.
    hi all posters, in post #1699 on changing the cabin air filter I talked about the black cord fastened to the right side of the G box,as being for the light, its or the counter balance spring. I must have pulled too hard on it when I was changing the filter as it pulled loose from its clamp a ew days later and the door opens too fast and should be held when opening it. To refasten the cord I had to remove the entire door and frame assembly. Remove four screws at the top and three at the bottom and pull he right frame out, held in W a spring clip. The cord runs to a spring in a cylinder mounted to the top of the box frame. pull it out and clamp the metal ferril behind the screw head. The instructions in the Purolator filter box tell the installer of the filter to remove the frame assembly so as not to pull out the spring cord. Mabey after all of this the $ 25.00 labor charge at thee dealership is worth the money, but I

'I" m retired and have plenty of time.
  • canthisbetruecanthisbetrue Member Posts: 1
    I've seen a few messages posted about this topic, but not many replies. I'm frustrated because my dealer tells me that issues with blowing fuses associated to remote car chargers is a "known issue" and that it cannot be fixed. They provided specific step by step instructions in an effort to avoid blowing the fuse, but it didn't work. I called another dealer and they also confirmed that this is a known issue and that I should use an original OEM charger for my phone.
    How can a charger that works in every car on the planet, not work in the Murano?
  • ljetteljette Member Posts: 19
    I have brought my 2005 Murano back to the dealer 9 times for the air bag light!It keeps coming on,they fix it(so they say) ,I get it home and in a matter of months and sometimes weeks that darn light is back on.They have replaced all the parts and the computer for it in the past and this morning it's back on.It's driving me crazy because I don't think I'm protected with the airbags if the light is on.Any advice out there??? :(
  • njmedicnjmedic Member Posts: 18
    I have a problem with the "service engine soon" light. I've noticed that when I need an oil change (I follow the recommended guidelines for changing the oil) it comes on. If I don't use the dealership for this, and I often go where it is cheaper, the light stays on afterward for about a week or two, sometimes more. I'm sure the dealership would reset it but it means finding the time to go there and get it done.

Also, my remote charger in the center console is not working. It's a nusiance to find this out on a trip when our granddaughter needed to plug in her DVD player...It's frustrating to read that Nissan knows about these problems but can't seem to fix them permanently.

Has anyone else had to replace the plate which covers part of the exhaust system in the front underside of the vehicle? I found out the hard way that it rides low and if you inadvertantly bump a parking lot divider or hot a really deep, unexpected pothole, it cracks and costs $150 to replace. I am on my third replacement and am a cautious driver in this regard...aaaarrrrghh!