Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• NY_MaverickNY_Maverick Member Posts: 26
    To begin, I do not mean to be facetious when I post this question: For all recent Murano owners who are now beset with mechanical or workmanship problems, did you at all consider going with a Korean manufacturer who can offer warranties almost double that of Nissan's? Did you test drive the Hyundai Santa Fe?

I'm simply trying to figure out the psychology behind purchases of one nameplate over another.
  • vctauvctau Member Posts: 6
    I had a similar problem, i experienced erratic jerking/lurching when i would accelerate from low speeds or from a complete stop. The dealer in Richardson TX took 5 min to diagnose and fix the problem. I am not sure if this is what its called, but all he did was tighten the lose air intake hose that supplies the manifold. The black rubber hose was very lose and leaving a gap. This casued too much air or too litle air to get sucked into the engine. The mechanic said it was a very common problem and he fixed it for free. I know other members of this forum have been charged an arm and a leg for this simple fix under the pretext of O2 sensors, filters etc. On a different note, I have 27k miles on my 06 Murano SL. I am not too happy with it, a lot of rattles, creaks and noises, the battery died at 12k miles. The rattling from the driver door is very dissappointing, and no one has been able to fix it. Good thing I got the Bose stereo :)
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    People choose cars for a variety of reasons. Style,utility,price,reliability,warranty, prestige,exclusivity etc. The choice is personal and complex for some--simple and clear for others. There really is no correct answer regarding choice. Some want an appliance and some want luxury. To each his/her own.
  • pardawgpardawg Member Posts: 4
    Hold down your lock & unlock buttons on your fobkey/remote for 2-3 seconds to switch from horn on lock (on & off) mode.
    I have an 03 Murano SL AWD, sometimes (ususally when it's hot out) if i'm crawling in traffic or parking lot. I press the gas pedal & my murano will get into a mode of hesitation. It will only happen when in very low rpm, but sometimes it takes 3 seconds before I can move forward. (scarry in traffic) It will not stop doing this, unless I stop/restart the engine.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    My son bought a 04 coming off lease and although it is most always garaged in the Chicago area the grille seems to be peeling, is it plastic or metal? is this problem occuring to someone else? THe rest of the car is fine with no scratches or dings.This may a repeat because I was only able to read up to page 30. Is there a recall on this?
    I don't know how common the problem is, but I have an 03 & have the same problem.
  • baldwin3baldwin3 Member Posts: 121
    My 05, which has been bulletproof, has one or two small blebs. The silvery "coating" is plastic, bonded to a plain plastic grille. I would think extreme heat in sun can do this...as of now, have not bothered to show dealer or worry as there are only two, and neither is more than half an inch...60,000K hot California summers parked outside days.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    My factory warranty on my 2006 ends in July. So far no trouble....

Any idea what an extended would run me at this point? (I guess only aftermarket warranty would apply-Not Nissan?)

I plan to keep it another 3 years or so and average about 8,000 miles per year. That may change as the kids go off to school and I visit them and work more.

Is the warranty worth the investment? What major components are most trouble prone.

The main reason I like warranties is that I don't have to research and question and worry about who is fixing it, are they fixing the right thing, am I being overcharged. I don't have a "normal mechanic" as my last car had extended warranty (got that thrown in as part of my deal with Dodge) and my Chev truck is out of warranty, but we've been lucky.

I assume it will be $1,000+. If 1,000 I'd do it, if more maybe I'd just put that money in a rainy day fund (or a broken car fund) and keep it.

Thoughts anyone??
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    whitall, I think you should at least ask a Nissan dealer to see what they will do. As far as I know, they will offer the Nissan "extended warranty" anytime before the warranty runs out. I bought a "Gold" (but not the Gold Preferred) when I bought my Murano new, but I believe they will sell that anytime up until warranty expiration. I think its just a matter of price. And Nissan's price and terms and conditions would certainly give you a guide on evaluating third party extended warranties.

--jayhawk
    I have posted several times, mainly early on when Throttle Position Sensor was a problem causing sudden non-acceleration. This blog space told me exactly what was going on, and my Nissan dealer recognized it, replaced it under warranty at 7,000 on my '05. That is the ONLY problem in now 60,000 miles, and I have seen the "complaints" on this site decrease as Nissan has addressed problems one by one...and today's Murano, I hope and trust, is a better product...but who knows. As for warranty...I always LEASE a vehicle for three years to see if I really WANT to keep it...if so, I purchase it, and did so for this Murano, which is bulletproof for us. I DID buy the best Nissan warranty before 36 months, and did so because a simple window motor or a CD changer going out can kill you, not to mention a transmission. It is worth it. Have I had to try and use it? No. Do I want to? No.
    But if I do, it spells out quite clearly that I don't pay anything. And even with a bulletproof car...so far...that is worth sleeping over. OK? As a surgeon...it is like health insurance...please God don't let me need it, but glad I have it. John B. CA
  • stacyshousestacyshouse Member Posts: 7
    Be very careful with extended warranties. I found out the hard way a few years ago. Most extended warranties will cover your "bumper to bumper" with what they refer to in small print as "like kind parts". What this means is if your car has 70,000 miles on it when the repair is made, the warranty company will replace your part with a part that has the same amount of miles on it. usually from a reputable salvage yard. it could be a part that only has 40,000 miles on it but its never a new part.
    Hiope this helps you. :)
  • sakkiesakkie Member Posts: 3
    Hi John
    I had my post on for a while now. What you said about the Throttle Position Sensor causing sudden non-acceleation, sounds like it could be the problem.
    To explain: It only happens every now and then. Esspecially when I have slowed down from high speed and then want to start accellerating slowly. Then it happens. Like for a moment it jerk/dead spot or whatever this is. Just frustrating. The dealers had a look and even went for a drive where it only happend once with the mechanic. They connected the Murano to computer, reset everything, but it is still there. They say it can be anything, and is very difficult to allocate the precise problem. Sometimes I drive for a couple of hundred miles and sudden a miss.
    What do you suggest I do. Or what do I tell the dealer. It is still under warranty until 100000km .I'm now on 71000km Please help... Colin Pretorius
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    We have a new Murano topic dedicated to extended warranties. You can find it here.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    You need to document the service issues you have with this car. All reciepts and get a signed statement re the inability to find the precise problem. Have you gone to Nissan corporate hq re the problem? Document who you talk to and send a follow-up letter [no email] summarizing the response. Bring it back for a check every time it happens if possible. If the problem is just an intermittant annoyance and never gets worse -- no big deal. If it blows after warranty you have documentation to get it fixed through arbitration if necessary.
    I know we have a new thread here, but I wanted to specifically reply to baldwin3.

Did you buy it from your Nissan dealer. I plan to do that and he says it is backed by Nissan. This is the Security plus gold preferred. It lists the exclsuions which are very few, mainly maintenance type items such as tires, brakes, etc.

Can you state what you paid? I'm trying to figure out if they negotiate when it's for a lease buy out and not at time or purchase or signing.

There is a dealer online, Nissan of Santa Rosa (california) who claims to sell the same exact warranty my dealer wants to sell me, for significantly less (hundreds less). I think they call their warranty site nissanwarrantystore.com. Seems legit. Didn't see m any BBB complaints (4 for the dealership, none under the website name-which may mean nothing) They do seem a little tricky as they offer a really cheap one for 36/36000, but it's from the IN SERVICE date, so I'd want the 72/60000.
  • orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    I have the exact or almost the same problem with my 2003 Murano with 75K.

The temperature sensor thinks it's 22 °F outside, so it's blowing hot air into the cabin.

Anyone know how to fix this without going to a dealer?
  • kathielkathiel Member Posts: 2
    We bought a used 03 Murano with 62593 miles on it in Oct. 2006. For the first few months it ran extremely good but then it developed an oil leak after we had it serviced at an oil and lube place. We took it back and they repaired it and it was fine for awhile. Then the leak began again and we took it to a dealer and they charged us $155.70 to repair it. Now the car is burning oil. We took the car to a local repair guy and he said get rid of it "cuz he found oil from front to back. Can't get rid of it since we are upside down on the financing. Now to top it off, yesterday we were going up a hill and the car suddenly lost power. The brake light came on first, then the battery light, then it started to shut down. My husband put the car in neutral and revved the engine but the car wouldn't move. It then died with everything electrical shutting down, thus no hazard lights. We were on a two lane road with no area to pull off! Luckily we were able to backdown to an area we could at least be partly off the road. We had the car towed. It now has 113000 miles on it and the warranty expired at 100000 miles. Is there away to find out if the alternator recall I read about on this site has been done? :sick: Any ideas out there? I'm new to this sight - wish I'd found it sooner. Funny thing is, i love my car!
  • njmedicnjmedic Member Posts: 18
    I had the same problem with my '03 in a similar hazardous situation. There was NO question of the dealership being responsible for replacing the alternator - there definitely was a recall. Just confirm this with the dealer who will be doing the work BEFORE you sign anything. Not sure what the deal is with the oil. Sounds like something is not secured properly.

Sandi
  • sakkiesakkie Member Posts: 3
    Thank you , I really appreciate the advice and will start the process.
    I have only taken the vehicle to the dealer I purchased from. They could not find fault as my previous mail states. I just come from a long journey and it happens ussually when I travelled a couple of hours. Ussually when I slow down from highway speed for example a truck.As soon as I start to pick up speed slowly still after the truck the little jerk or dead spot. If I up the revs, it stops. So now when this start to happen I just accellerate and it stops, but it does not solve the problem.
    But thank you for your input. Colin
  • vick99vick99 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Murano with 15,000 km. Same problem started back in Dec '08 ... no temperature control (only HOT) for 2 months before they could get a part from Japan. The dealer replaced a control module of some sort but that has not corrected it. The problem is intermittent now.

The dealer has contacted Nissan Canada & they think it my be related to a sensor that's on the dash. They have some tests they'd like the dealer to perform next time I'm in for service (mid May).
  • lja77lja77 Member Posts: 1
    YES! My 2006 Murano has the same issue - the sun visor won't stay up and drops down immediately. It's very difficult driving with it in the way and it's a serious safety issue. I've tried calling the dealership and the part is over $300!! Seems ridiculous. I'm actually considering just removing it altogether. Any suggestions?
  • sanerjsanerj Member Posts: 1
    There is a grinding noise coming from the right side of the engine compartment when the car starts. Not knowing anything, it seems to be coming from the belt pulley area. I have 43,000 miles on it. Does this sound familiar to anybody?
    Reply to 2133: Totally apologize for not getting back...but since problems for Murano have almost disappeared, I have not been actively checking in. My warranty was purchased at my dealer, Central Valley (Modesto, CA) and was the highest...Security Plus Platinum preferred, and cost $1,800. The vehicle was perfect at the time, had 45,000 and the lease had ended and I decided I wanted to keep it for 7 years (it was at 3 years). It covers most everything, and I will get to see how "honest" it was...when I go down July 20 to selling dealer, for the 60K go-over, plus the driver side automatic key has failed and to lock we need to manually stick in a key...classic electronics...back to where I was in college...a KEY. This is covered on Platinum Plus, because I knew how much it costs if a door window or lock failed...as the labor to take off a door panel is huge.
    I will post again after "the experience"....and hope I have good news, and I will definitively spell out the Policy I bought.
    Other than that, the Murano 05 has been bulletproof, as was my 01 Pathfinder which after 110,000 miles I traded for an 09...sold at a huge discount...because I needed more HP to pull our boat here in the Sierras at 5,000feet.
    Back shortly. Apologize again for delay. John Baldwin, MD
  • sliceopizzasliceopizza Member Posts: 26
    The fuel economy button on top of the center console of my '03 Murano stopped working the other day. Everything else works fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Well, I took the risk and purchased my Nissan gold preferred security plus plan through the internet, nissanwarrantystore.com. It's connected with Nissan of Santa Rosa, CA, and if you call the dealer direct you can talk to someone about the warranty. Or, just go through the website. Jesse is who I talked to and he was really nice. I also confirmed with Nissan that it is a real dealer authorized to sell the plans. I put it on VISA, with 10% down and free financing for 11 months. Sort of like EZ pay on QVC, they will charge my VISA a payment for 11 months. I liked it because I have VISA as a backup if it was no good, but I felt comfortable. Their price for this plan way beat my local dealer's. My dealer tried to play games with me and say volume of warranties doesn't affect them, it does. They were trying to sell me the used car warranty (the only one you can get once your original expires). I called another fairly local dealer and they told me my dealer didn't know what he was talking about. I do, he wanted to sell me the one THEY WANTED ME TO BUY, not the one I wanted.

I paid $1031 (end of month special) for gold preferred for 84 months and 70k miles (I only have 22k at 3 years).

I received my agreement and ID from NISSAN today, so it all looks good.

I never saw a platinum plan, mine is gold preferred plus, the same one you buy when car is new, it's not available if your original warranty has expired. Mine lists several specific exclusions, one of which is "IMMOBILIZER KEY, AND REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SWITCH ASSEMBLY". Is that what's wrong with yours? It would figure.....Hopefully your plan is a bit better than mine and it's covered...

Did you buy your service plan before or after your original warranty expired?
    My plan is Platinum, and was $1345 back in 07, good for 5 years and 100K (mileage then was 35,000). Glad I had it, as the keyless entry thingy was the "actuator assembly" in the driver's door...parts ordered, no charge for anything. Platinum includes this, but not Gold...when I bought it, the plans were just $200 apart..so I bought the "everything". When fixed, I will post how much it COULD have cost.

On the fuel button. I asked the foreman at Central Valley, with 20 years experience and he said: button failure often due to non-contact at the button due to spilled coffee/cream or beverage. If not there, the relay "sensor". I didn't ask "how much", but if it is outrageous, forget it and chalk it up to "too many bells and whistles". I can only say my previous Audi and BMW 5 were riddled with electrical problems...so much that I outed those cars the minute the lease/warranty was up.

JNB
    Good thing for me, I checked the coverage chart (http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/docs/NissanWarrantyComponentCoverageChart- .pdf) and used "search" the word actuator and the door actuators are covered. Not sure what the excluded item is. Still haven't found anything about a platinum plan. Maybe they stopped offering it. The only reference I found to it was in Canada as a used plan, the one you'd have to get if your original ran out. Maybe they just changed the name.

Let us know what it saved you on the door thing.

Just realized I could have a problem as years ago a quarter fell down the crack of my screen. I wonder if I should have them take it out somehow now, so they can't blame that if there is a problem down the road? It doesn't rattle or anything, no idea where it might have gone. Maybe it fell clear through.
    The Plan that my respected Nissan dealer sold me was "New Vehicle Protection Plan" issued by JM&A Group, associated with Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc, 500 Jim Moran Blvd, in DeerField Beach, Fl. 33442. The levels are Silver, Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum. Gold Plus covers "electronic entry systems including remote entry receiver, sender and module, door lock actuators (what failed for me)" a lots more. Platinum adds a paragraph of "stuff" such as radiator hoses, upholstery, paint. Mine was bought at 33,000 just before lease was up, at 2 1/2 years old, and cost $1,495. There were zero, 50 and 100 dollar deductibles, and because I was a repeat customer, they threw in zero deductible.
    I have to admit, when I bought it I looked at the finance manager and said, "Will these guys be in business when and if I need them?" And he said they have been around a long time (this was before "the recession"), but if not the dealership would honor the contract. I had him sign it, write that, and that was 2007. On this site I have read horror stories on warranties...so was careful. (Of course, the finance manager is no longer there, but the new guy said they would have honored it if the company was belly up.)
    Again, I'll let you know what this would have cost out of pocket...and it will be substantial, as door panel has to come off, and new actuator (ordered) and lock mechanism all are expensive, as will be labor.
    I bought it just for this reason...little dings like window motors, sun roof motors etc now run easily $800...
  • njmedicnjmedic Member Posts: 18
    Hope no one minds a rant...

In the past three years I have put over $5000. into maintenance and/or repair of my 2003 Murano. Recently, my manifold went and because "the bolts which hold it in place sometimes stick or rust onto the catalytic converter, the CC is often damaged when repairing/replacing the manifold." Despite the fact that this sounds like a design flaw which should be addressed, the work was done to the tune of $2200. I didn't have it back two weeks when my "service engine soon" light was back on. Tightened the gas cap to make sure it wasn't just a simple fix. Nope. Was going to call the dealership the next day to see if they would look at it. Didn't get a chance...car died at a red light at a very busy intersection. Just glad it didn't die IN the intersection.

Was towed to the dealership, thinking "Well, they just worked on it...it must be under warranty." NOT! According to the service dept. there are 186 reasons for the "service engine soon" light to come on so even if one is repaired, you're throwing the dice for 185 more things to go wrong and you'll get stuck with a HUGE repair bill again. Turns out the alternator died, frying my brand spanking new battery in the process! Repair cost? $884. plus tax!

Lest you say, excrement happens, I must interject that this will be alternator number three in the life of this six year-old vehicle, the first one within the first week that I had the car. The second was replaced as a "recall." Duh....Now, however, since it didn't die within the 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty period, I am up a creek and nearly $900. poorer. Frankly, I think three alternators in six years is unreasonable...but then, what do I know?

Note to self and anyone who reads this; NEVER, EVER buy any car in its first model year. Do the words guinea pig ring a bell? And, if a "system" problem recurs, even if it isn't the same piece of equipment, keep saying "Lemon Law" loud and clear.

Thanks for listening/reading...hope no one else is experiencing this problem.
  • mreimermreimer Member Posts: 3
    Hello I have a 2003 murano and I love it! The only thing that I wish I could turn off is the TPM sensors. I live in Stienbach Mb CA and the temperature changes here so drastically fast my sensors go off all the time even though the tire pressure stays the same! The beep is sooooo annoying! any tips on tuning them off of anything along those lines?
    the temperature changes here ... even though the tire pressure stays the same!

How is that possible? Can the pressure gauge be faulty?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mreimermreimer Member Posts: 3
    Well thats the only thing I can think of that it would be! And intead of changing the sensors and it possibly not being the issue I would rather not spend the $750.00. So I would rather just shut them off if I could.
    I would rather not spend the $750.00.

Dittos!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Next time you have your tires rotated ask if they can disable the system. Each wheel sends data but you only know at least one tire is low -- not which one.
  • easym1easym1 Member Posts: 218
    The relationship between pressure and temp is constant. If the temp increases, the pressure increases too or P/T=K. This explains the fluctuation.
    Yes, pressure varies directly with temperature, provided neither the volume nor density of the gas changes! However, the original problem was that the pressure reading did not change with temperature. That's why a faulty pressure sensor was suspected.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kathielkathiel Member Posts: 2
    Still suffering along with our 2003 murano, can't afford to unload it. Do any of you have experience with the CD maintenance computer program for troubleshooting the murano. I see that there are several available via ebay and was wondering if anyone has actually used one? if so, what's the best? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
  • goodaysgoodays Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Murano 2009. I found it will slided backward on a slight slop even the shift is at forward position.

There is a slight slop in front of my garage. Yesterday drove back to home. I first stepped on the break to wait for the garage door to open. When I released the break, the car start to slide backward. I used my another car Lincoln Zephyr to test in the same situation, and it went forward without accelerating.

I'm wondering if this is a big problem or all Murano will do same.
  • raj29raj29 Member Posts: 2
    Can any one guide me with the following issues which i experience from my Murano...

1)low pick up (when the car run over a speed breaker and then applying gas/when slow down and den give gas)
    2)hissing noise when applying gas similar to leakage on exhaust
    3)feel roughness especially when car is driven immediately after starting
    4)charcoal smell occassianlly especially when a/c switch on for out flow of air
    5) Service Engine signal comes often and goes off. Error code 0442/0455 diagnosed and was reset earlier by the dealer.
    6) Rattle noise on the driver side dash

If any one could guide me what is the issue, i would appreciate.
    Thanks,Raj
    6)
  • raj29raj29 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Goodays,

I too had experienced a similar incident but just the reverse of what u had experienced...My office has a basement parking. The slope to the basement is very steep. I parked the car near the parking entrance and used the remote (swap) and moved forward towards the bar.. however it didnt open..when i put the reverse gear (R) and lifted my leg from brake the car rolled towards the entrance instead of moving backwards and i really got scared... I checked with the dealer who had no answer to my question...
  • jenahljenahl Member Posts: 3
    My 2007 Murano has been doing the same thing since new, took it to the dealer and they said that it's normal to experience a slight rollback when on a slope. So far no problems at all with the Murano at a solid 90 000 miles of hard driving.
  • gooddrivergooddriver Member Posts: 6
    I see that there is no discussion of tie rod ends failures. Has anyone had any premuture failure of tie rod ends on Muranos? I have a 2004 with 52K mile. I had to replace both outer tie rods last month. Could this failure be due out of balance ties that was insatlled on my car 11 months ago at BJ's? I took it back four times and finally gave up. I just took the car in for tire rotation at another BJ's and sure enough they were all off, apparently the store which installed the tires did not know how to balance the tires. Long story but I won't go there. Anyone else with tire rod ends problems?
  • ljetteljette Member Posts: 19
    I have an '05 Murano. I haven't had to replace tie rods, but I have had to replace wheel bearings on both sides. I have 95,000 miles. This is an expensive car to maintain.
  • bestforlessbestforless Member Posts: 1
    I bought a used 2004 Murano with 53K miles 6 monthes ago
    I have now 63K miles
    Last month I replaced the battery and door actuator.
    On Monday noon the car did not start.
    Engine cranks but it doesn’t start.
    I had the car towed to Goodyear.
    The mechanics had worked on all my cars and are trsuwordy.
    They couldn’t figure it out.
    They tried different spark plugs and remove the catalytic converter.
    Engine compression is good
    No computer error codes.
    They can start the car with 2 spark plus in.
    If they covet the spark plugs or add another plug in doesn’t start.
    They suspected a computer module but cannot get one with the option to return it.
    They had it towed to Nissan.
    The dealer did the same tests and is at a loss.
    Their mechanic worked on it for 2 days and call Nissan CA.
    They told him that they cannot help him.
    The dealer said that he cannot just replace the main compute since he is not allowed to put it back in stock.
    They called other Nissan dealers to see if they have a 2004 Murano to “borrow” the computer and try it
    No one has one in the Atlanta area
    He doesn’t think it is the computer since there are no error codes.
    The only error code is CVT related and he thinks that the error has nothing to do with the problem, since the engine has to run in order to test the CVT.
    They said that they don’t know what to do!
    They want to try replacing the computer (at a $1000 cost to me) weather it resolves the issue or not.
    If it doesn’t work, he wants to try to put in a new harness at a $3600 cost and if it doesn’t help a new engine.
    They said that they had never seen this problem.
    They can start the car with 2 spark plugs, but covering the spark plugs or adding another one and the engine dies.
    It looks like back pressure but he removed the catalytic convertor.
    Any suggestions ?
  • judemjudem Member Posts: 1
    I realize your message is old, but I still want to comment. I am so sorry for the 3 teachers. I just bought my '05 Murano from my sister and have had serious hydroplaning problems, even driving 23-30 MPH, particularly when the pavement is smooth and there is some standing water. Although my tires still have reasonable tread, I plan to replace them and am looking for the most reliable tires for this SUV. I too am interested to hear if anyone else has this problem. Ny Murano is NOT AWD, which may be the issue.
    Your problem is tires. I never wait til the tread is almost gone --- check the online tire stores for your size and look how they are rated by customers. You can buy locally unless the deal is good enough to have them mounted etc. Look at goodrich-firestone-bridgestone sears [expensive] etc. You will be very happy with new shoes. they make firestone destination le's for the murano -- have a set on my jeep and they do great on wet roads. Think they are on sale. My son just got a set of destination at's for his durango -- very happy.
  • matucker30matucker30 Member Posts: 1
    I have recently took my nissan murano to the shop and mechanic could not figure out what was wrong with it. Well days ago on my way to work my car started acting up and i was the ABS brake light come on and it felt my car wanted to turn off like it was hesitating to go. so then i turned the car off and pumped the brakes a few times and turned the car back on and it started and drove well. That day took it to a mechanic and he drove it around and cleaned everything and did a computer diagnostic on it and he said it was nothing, so then i get my car back and the next day it starts doing the same thing and now i dont know what to do and dont want to spend money if i dont have to, im a single parent. So do any one of you have a clue of whats going on in my car? thank you.
  • jodell1814jodell1814 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how to get to the brake light and replace it! I hate this car
    Maybe something's wrong with me, but questions like this make me wonder: "Do you have a Nissan dealer within 50 miles or even a car shop?"