Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dignan1dignan1 Member Posts: 2
    2007 - SL - 2wd
    Touring Package with VDC

MSRP - 35610
    Stated invoice - 32474
    They offered it to me for $32574

Does this sound fair?
  • pearlwhitepearlwhite Member Posts: 1
    Ya know.. ALL vehicles will have problems. I bought the Murano 1st year out. I love the way it drives. Price and LUX aside, Muranos are worth it.
    David - Santa Monica, CA ;)
  • adeelzqadeelzq Member Posts: 9
    I am being offered $33,000 for a MSRP of 36,740 and i am pushing towards $32,000. The Murano has Touring Pkg, Navigation Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Area Protector and floor mats. Please can anyone tell me if i should settle for this price or hassle more? The manager was leaning on the $32,500.00 figure.
    FYI - I live in Houston Area.
    I also wanted to know if i should settle for a AWD Murano and what do u guys think about the VDC and TCS. I really don;t know if its worth the extra money in houston weather
  • tanthony66tanthony66 Member Posts: 4
    I paid 32999 for the exact same model. I walked away content and relieved. The CVT is awesome. My only concern is what happens if it goes out... ie. Transmission problems...

Hell of a car! Love the Nav. We live in San Antonio, so the weather is roughly the same. We saved the extra 2k and stayed with the FWD...
    Thanks for your reply tanthony66 i think i will also save the 2k and settle for the FWD, now the only question remains as to weather setter for the dealers extended warranty primarily due to the CVT tranny. They sell the warranty for 5 years and 60k miles for 1000 bucks. Let me know on that too if you have any idaea.
  • pidoubletpidoublet Member Posts: 6
    Does anybody know if Nissan offers Friends and Family discounts? I know Ford has their X plan and GM offers something as well. Not sure if Nissan does the same.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Yes they do it is called the Nissan VPP. Old Mike
    http://thenissanprogram.com/
  • noidea20noidea20 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I just purchased a 07 Murano SL in the nyc area. I took advantage of the VPP program. It was sipmle and no haggling involved. This was a welcome change but I wonder if I could have done better if I did haggle. These program prices are set. I believe I got a good deal. Its a Murano SL AWD with touring package, navi system, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo protector, and floormats.

MSRP was 38,620.
    Invoice was about 35100
    I purchased it for 34900.

What do you guys think???

By the way the car is great and I am glad I didnt get the CRV from Honda. Thanks
  • mgriffin1mgriffin1 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their great posts. After several emails to 4-5 dealers, we ended up with 2 good offers and on Saturday I picked up a new Murano for my wife.

We bought a 2007 SL AWD with Touring Package, Floor Mats, Sunroof Deflector, Cargo Protector, Crossbars and Splash Guards.

MSRP - 36,820
    Invoice - 33,568
    We paid - 32,880

Plus we did ok with our trade-in.
    We did this in Bucks Co., PA.
  • flajeffflajeff Member Posts: 2
    This is my first run at getting pricing on a 2007 Murano SL - Platinum, leather, chrome wheels, tow package, and Navi. I think it is pretty much fully loaded. Price Quoted to my was $38,315 + tax and dealer fees (MSRP $39,940 + tow hitch). Based on what I have read here seems a bit high. I would love to hear opinions on this, also the names of any dealers in the Tampa bay area that have given good deals to others here. Thanks!
  • glendowerglendower Member Posts: 32
    Sounds high. Two dealers here in Massachusetts quoted invoice without blinking an eye.
  • jmcguire56jmcguire56 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to carbuyingtips.com and fightingchance.com's
    "fax attack" I have gotten local dealers to beat each other up to get my business. I'm looking for a 2007 SL AWD, Touring w/XM, Nax, Dynamic Control, Cargo protector, floor mats, splash guards and sunroof deflector.

4 dealers have offered me the car at cost at $35,397. One dealer offered me cost minus holdback (2.75% or $988). That got two other dealers to do the same. One dealer said they would go $1,000 or more under invoice to get my business.

I'm dying to see what happens when I show up and tell them I have a trade in.
  • flajeffflajeff Member Posts: 2
    Here are the details:

2007 Murano SL- FWD
    TR4 package - mem seats, mirrors, pedals, seat heat, intel key., Bose stereo w/sat.
    Leather int.
    Chrome wheels
    Floor mats and cargo area mat
    Navigation system
    Roof rails
    Splash guards
    Sunfoof w/ wind deflector
    Tow package

MSRP 39,940
    My deal- 36,752 + TTF

In the opinion of this board how does sound? I appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks!!
  • krishnamkrishnam Member Posts: 29
    450 below invoice

leased it for 12k per year for 438 dollars a month including tax.
    This deal hasn't been completed. I have serious concerns that this deal will be completed.

First off, I don't have anything in writing except for numerous assurances from the sales rep and sales manager that they're giving me the car for $1000 under cost. I know, I shouldn't have walked out of the dealership Saturday without it in writing. I got a handshake and a verbal agreement that I would get the car $1000 under cost. My concern is that they may play games with the "cost" numbers.

Second, they are swapping with a dealer in New Hampshire to get my car. It was supposed to be here Tuesday. I got a call from my rep saying the New Hampshire dealer wanted to swap another car. So I won't be getting the car until Wednesday. I'm worried that they are going to invent another excuse tomorrow, string me along until Feb 1 and then take away any "end of month" leverage I have with any other dealer.

Now if they actually get the car into the dealership, I wouldn't expect them to play games after going through the hassle of getting the car all the way from New Hampshire to Connecticut.

But make no mistake, I am absolutely prepared to walk out. I have made that clear to them.

More to follow.
  • carrber48carrber48 Member Posts: 4
    I plan on buying a 2007 Murano in the next 5 weeks. Best price in writing so far is as follows. Received email back from 2 other dealers who said this was an exceptional deal, but they would beat it. Looking in the Milwaukee, Chicago, Madison area.
    2007 Murano SL AWD
    -Tourning
    -Navigation
    -Roof Rail Crossbars
    -Splash Guards
    -Sunroof Deflector
    -Cargo Area Protector
    MSRP $38,620 Invoice $35,129 My Price $33,929 ($1200 under invoice) I thing I will wait untill the end of February to buy. What do you think?
    Well I'm no expert but when you start talking about a price UNDER invoice, you can't be doing too badly. Although waiting until the end of February may not get you the same price. Based on the homework I have done using carbuyingtips.com and fightingchance.com, you may be getting that pricing so a dealer or dealers can achieve a factory incentive. They may not be that desparate to hit that incentive quota next month. But remember, I'm no expert, just relating to you what I have read during my search for a new car.
    I GOT IT!!!!!!
  • lostnjlostnj Member Posts: 2
    Well just wanted to let everyone know what deal I got on my purchase at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ.
    2007 Murano SL AWD Glacier
    -Touring
    -Navigation
    -Roof Rail Crossbars
    -Splash Guards
    -Sunroof Deflector
    -Cargo Area Protector
    -Carpeted Floor Mats
    -Wood-Tone Trim
    MSRP $38,720 Invoice $35,215
    Also got a few extras - Door Protectors, Wheel Well Liner, Pin Stripe, and Wheel Locks (All pretty cheap, but worth something)

Here is the Break Down
    34,671 Car
    129 Doc Fee
    --------------
    34,800 + Tax + Tags

What does everyone think? :)
  • thegizzardthegizzard Member Posts: 3
    How can the dealer sell you a car for under the invoice price?

I bought an Altima for $200 over invoice and felt like I got a deal, but now I may have gotten cheated.

Is the doc fee negotiable? These guys was $389 for the "admin fee" can I talk that down?
  • tdiehltdiehl Member Posts: 13
    lots of times what we perceive as invoice or what they tell us as invoice is not actually what they paid for the car. Most dealers have "holdbacks" which lower the "invoice" by about 2-3%. Also it all depends on the demand of certain vehicles in a dealers inventory..If they give someone an under invoice deal..they figure they might make a $1000 over invoice deal on down the road and recuperate any possible loss they may have incurred, but simply needed/wanted to get that car off their lot. $389 admin fee seems rather excessive...but if it comes down to it..and there's no other dealers you can deal with or just spend 3 hours haggling...is it really worth throwing all that time away to argue and have them say no and you walk out? I guess you could try...no harm in that..I went though a similiar situation..I paid $250 Doc fee..but I said "f" it...and paid it..not worth my time to haggle over a couple hundred when I just bought for $3K under MSRP.
  • asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    please can you share some info....did you finance through the dealership?....if yes, what rates did you get and what was ur length of loan....

is anyone getting invoice price with 0.9-2.9% financing both at the same time??

i m in NJ area...

TIA
  • kenziezachkenziezach Member Posts: 5
    Hey, I'm in the market for a Murano SL AWD with the touring package, and possibly the rear DVD entertainment. I would prefer to lease, but I am interested in the lease programs offered by Nissan at this time. I keep reading about the 39 month lease. If anyone has any information please reply. Thanks.....
  • zub1zub1 Member Posts: 2
    looking to buy a 2007 new Murano S AWD Silver Price I'm getting is $28690 plus tax & tags
    Has c pkg, power adj pedals,10 way power seat,roof rails,cargo cover & net,carpet floor mats,splash guards,roof rail crossbars,am/fm cd 4 speakers, 7in. color lcd display info monitor Good price?
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Price quoted appears high. Prices for this model in the Northeast Region are selling for around $27,000. I do not believe that the price difference between Regions would be over $1600.
  • zub1zub1 Member Posts: 2
    price is for northeastern Pennsylvania
  • seeleseele Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $30,041 for a SL AWD with leather package and mud guards. MSRSP is $34,420. This is basically $500 below invoice + $1000 cash rebate; and leaves about $100 holdback for the dealer. This is without any haggling so they seemed pretty motivated to sell. I think a redesign might be coming soon. (SoCal)
  • mike1111mike1111 Member Posts: 93
    I have a couple offers for a 2007 Murano SL AWD with Touring.Super Black with Black Leather.No Nav or Chrome wheels.The best price is $35,940.25 out the door.Does that sound like a decent deal or should i try for lower?
  • kenziezachkenziezach Member Posts: 5
    Thats worth the flight out there to get prices like that. The local dealerships here aren't budging from around the 34's. Can you tell me the name of the dealership out there. Does that price you have quoted include Nav or not. Thanks :)
    Try for lower! See my post above for the quote given me for the same car + navigation.
    The best price i have now is with the 1,000 rebate.They are offering the 2007 Murano SL AWD with Touring for $34,600 OTD.Thats without the Nav or the Chrome wheels.That don't sound to bad and i may take it.
  • honk2honk2 Member Posts: 13
    I was speaking with a dealer on the phone last night and things were going well. I was speaking with him about a left over 2006. He agreed to Invoice -$500 of holdback. However he then said that there was a $699 Dealer Prep fee that was non-negotiable. To me that is just ludicrous. Anyone else come across a prep fee that high?
    wow, forget that!
    I have been looking for a low mileage 2006 AWD SL with touring package for a while without a lot of luck. I have two independent dealers in different geographical locations that are checking out auctions. I saw an ad from a Nissan Dealer with a 2006 AWD SE Touring package no Nav 16,000 miles. I asked them for a price since I would be traveling from about 100 away and don’t' want to spend my Saturday going back an forth. They are offering $27,800 plus tax and title. The original asking price was 29,500 What are your thoughts?
  • daleyfolkdaleyfolk Member Posts: 1
    Feb 16: I bought a 2007 Murano S AWD w convenience pkg, cargo cover,mats,mudguards for $28,350 + tax,dealer doc fee. This includes the $1000 rebate.
  • mint2444mint2444 Member Posts: 5
    I was talking to a dealership that was saying they a deal right now where you lease to own. He said that you lease the vehicle for 39 months and then buy at after the lease. He was giving me that option to save money(yeah right). But has anyone heard of this before? How does this work and is this a good idea?
    I was told the same thing once.They said i could lease it for 450 a month then at the end of the lease i could finance the remainder.If you don't mind paying on a car for 8 years hop on it.If i payed 450 a month for 39 months i would be paying 17000 or so.Then i would finance the remainder for 4 or 5 years.It sounds ok up front but when you look at the numbers not a good idea
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    I just bought an SL with the $5k touring pkg. Gotta admit I didn't make an ab-fab deal. Paid a bit under invoice but that included the rebate.
    I really don't give a hoot because the Murano is a bargain at full price, and, frankly, I don't know how they do it. My wife has a new 07 RX350. I negotiated the heck outta her car (first one on the lot way back in April) and I patted myself on the back for paying under $39k for a $43k+ Lexus. Take my word for it. . .my new Murano SL is every bit the car her RX is less the amazing service Lexus is famous for (this is her 3rd Lexus and their reputation for stellar service is absolutely true).
    Point is, don't get too lost fighting over the last penny. The Murano is as good as it gets for the price of a well appointed Explorer. LOVE MY MURANO. :)
    Just bought my new Murano Saturday at a Chicago suburban dealership. Hope this post helps other potential Murano buyers as much as these forums and posts have helped me. Thanks to Edmunds for providing prospective buyers with the information to make intelligent decesions when buying. I did all my negotations with this Chicago dealership online, after thoroughly researching and contacting many dearlerships. It involved much emailing coorespondence, but I feel I got the best price possible at this time without the use of rebates or incentives. After we agreed to price, I simply drove in and signed the papers. No haggling over price since this had already been done online, and I got exactly what I wanted on this vechicel and in the colors (exterior and interior) that I requested. Ok, hears the deal: 2007 Murano SL AWD with the following options:
    -Tourning MSRP = $38,430
    -Navigation Invoice = $34,983
    -Splash Guards I Paid = $33,500 ($1500 under
    -Wind Deflector invoice)+T/T/L
    -Floor Mats Out The Door Price = $36,050
    -Cargo Area Protector
  • br6388br6388 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a price from Orland Park Nissan:

Touring Pkg
    Chrome Wheels
    WInd Deflector
    Cargo Area Protector
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Total Price: $32,996.00 +Tax/Title (this also includes the mfg $1000 incentive)

How does it sound? I think I can do better.
  • heckuvaguyheckuvaguy Member Posts: 4
    I just took delivery of my 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD. It's Black with a tan leather interior and has the following options: Touring Package, Mud Flaps, Cargo Hold Protector, Roof Cross Bars, and Floor Mats. 32,847, plus tax, tag, and title. Plus I financed the whole thing at .9% for 36 months!!!

Bottom Line: 700 UNDER invoice with NO ADDITIONAL DEALER @$@%#$#, plus I got to keep the .9% financing!!! It cost me $160 to get this price on Carbargains.com (live in Northern Virginia, bought in Maryland), but it was well worth it. So a net, in pocket price of $540 under invoice, plus my financing!!! :):):):):)
  • heckuvaguyheckuvaguy Member Posts: 4
    Oh, and it has a sunroof wind deflector and wheel locks, too!
  • tueckerttueckert Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted this price in San Antonio for an '07 SL AWD with floor mats, cargo area protector, and splash guards: $27,728 and $29,706 drive-out. Seems like an excellent deal to me....any thoughts?

Trish
  • lostnjlostnj Member Posts: 2
    Hello asingh80,

Yes we got the 2.9% financing. This was at Windor Nissan on Route 130.
    Managed another $200 out of them for a final drive out price of $29,500 on a 2007 SL AWD with floor mats, splash guards and the cargo area protector. This is at an Austin dealership.
  • cj_martin01cj_martin01 Member Posts: 1
    tueckert - what dealership in austin did you go to? also what is the name of the salesman? thanks - cj_martin01
    Hi. There doesn't seem to be a Murano Aesthetics discussion so I thought I would post here. I have a dealer looking for a 2006 Murano at auction for me. He just called to tell me there is a black one selling today and a blue one tomorrow. I currently have a black car (which actually looks kind of blueish), which I also bought at auction. Black isn't my favorite and would probably prefer Blue or Merlot. What are people's Murano color choices in order?
    I like my Merlot. It's more unique than standard colors of black, silver,gray,blue
    I can tell you that price was from Round Rock Nissan and I used the internet exclusively to deal. Check out the Gunn Nissan website in San Antonio (www.gunnnissan.com). They offer no haggle pricing below invoice (prices shown on their website too). Great prices there. But since we live in Austin, I used the Gunn prices as a starting point to get the Austin dealer down another $200. South Point Nissan wasn't flexible, but Town North Nissan probably would have met the Round Rock price, but I preferred the customer service (albeit email) from Round Rock.