Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mloggiamloggia Member Posts: 6
    I just signed a lease in Staten Island Nissan in NYC. Its a 2007 Murano SL in Platinum with the Touring package, basically has all the options except NAV. I paid 0 down, $3300 for ny taxes of 8.75%, bank fees, dmv fees, first month, prep, acquisition and a couple other things (which i offset by trading in my old car) and my monthly payment is $349 a month for 39 months, 12,000 miles. Can anyone comment on if this sounds like a good deal. Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.
  • jminimanjminiman Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I know Infiniti Leasing allows a 10k per year mileage cap; does Nissan allow for 10k too, or is it only 12 or 15k?

--j
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Do tell. They are one fo the dealers that responded to my pricequote request. :(
  • nissniss Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal this late in year. 2007 Murano SL awd with go4 touring package, roof rack ,carpets,sunroof deflector,splashguards,cargo area protector. 1.9% 36 months financing OTD with taxes ect. in NY for $36.729 without $1500 rebate. Should I go for the Nissan extended warranty for $1250?
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    You need to tell us your price before TT&L. Sales tax and state fees vary too much state to state to tell you if you've got a fair deal. I also don't know what "4go" means. Is it 4wd? Are you buying navigation and satellite radio? We need more information to give you a fair appraisal of your deal. FYI :confuse:
  • nissniss Member Posts: 2
    GO4is the nissan option package which include awd, roof rails,bose audio system,cargo net,sunroof,leather seating,power passenger seats, heated seats and mirrors, msrp 36,400
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    still need to know your buy price not including TT&L. When you say it's "out the door" I assume you're including state sales taxes and fees. . . no way to know what kind of deal you're getting when your price includes TT&L.
    Go back to the opening window for Edmunds.com, click on the New Car link, select Nissan, and go to the Murano thread. Click on the AWD Murano SL. Follow the links to price it. It will give you MSRP numbers, invoice prices, and typical prices others are paying for your same vehicle.
    I think you'll find something close to $32,350 including the $1,500 rebate. Of course, that is the $ not including TT&L. You shouldn't pay a penny more than Edmund's TMV price plus TT&L. I trade alot and have used this site for reference many times. The Edmunds TMV price is always a fair deal but rarely the best you can do. I bought my 07 2wd SL with Touring PKG + XM (back in February) for a thousand under Edmund's TMV price without working too hard. I'd try for something closer to $31k +TT&L. All they can do is say "No". You can settle somewhere in the middle. It's the end of the year. It's the end of the model cycle. A brand new Murano is coming out early next year. It's prime time to get a great vehicle at a great price. Good luck. :D
  • lynbeelynbee Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at an SL model with leather package and one with touring package. I am considering the 1.9% finance option for 3 years and keeping money in the bank earning interest. I have quotes for $30,179 before TT and L with the $1500 rebate on the one with touring package. If I go with finance at 1.9% I lose the rebate...can I expect more $$ off the price at a local level to still get the vehicle at say 31,000 before TT & L ? Would this be a good deal?
    I think the SL with leather is down to $28, 700 range but again if I go with 1.9% it would go up by 1,500 ( lose rebate) what would be best deal I could expect without rebate?
  • ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Are you shopping around? Or is this just one dealership? I got the best deals shopping.. but my "buy price" less TT and L with an '06 SL with Touring was about$31,326 which was slightly less than what you would get.. so I don't think it is a horrible deal.. it is just good to have alternate dealers to bid. :) Touring pkg is completely worth it in my mind..

Regardless - have them throw in tinting for free. :D
  • lynbeelynbee Member Posts: 2
    yes thanks I have 3 different quotes from 3 different dealers in Houston currently on this 07 model.
    I am ultimately looking to get the touring package for $30, 100 with the 1.9% finance ... Do you all think this is a possible price ?
  • nissanridernissanrider Member Posts: 4
    I just finished browsing a local dealer and saw a window ad on a 07 Murano SE w/ Leather Package stating 6k off.

With the '09 version being revealed in 2 weeks, I wonder if November's rebate will jump to $2,000 or maybe combine the 1,500 with the special financing. I hope it's worth the wait.

Does anyone remember what were some of the best rebates Nissan offered for other models that were being replaced with new version? Like the older Maxima/Altima models, what kind of rebates did they have back then?
  • jamesamjamesam Member Posts: 15
    My local dealer offered me a Murano S - AWD (with the convenience package) for $27,100. He just took the so-called "dealer invoice" of $28,600 and subtracted the $1,500 mfr rebate to arrive at 27,100. So he is essentially selling it at the "invoice" price.

I was thinking this is too high a price for a 2007, and that it should be another 1,000 or 1,500 lower. The Maxiam has a rebate of 2,000 on the 2008. Taking only 1,500 off on a 2007 that will have one year more book depreciation doesnt seem right. DO YOU AGREE?
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    I agree.
    I would like to see the rebate increased and combined with the aggressive Lease and finance numbers.
  • titanicrocktitanicrock Member Posts: 1
    I am an owner of 04 murano and two days ago helped my friend get a 2007 SL AWD pearl white murano with standard options plus floor mat/cargo protector/cargo net. The price is $25k that has already included destination fee (but not TT&L). I believe this is a very good deal because the manager later told us one dealer misquoted a $500 discount for $3k and e-mailed us that final price. Anyway, they decided to honor that price when we went there.

My friend doesn't go for additional options because power seat, backup camera and AWD is all that needed.

The dealership is in northern NJ.
  • kramgkramg Member Posts: 7
    I heard the 2009 Murano will be available for sale in January 2008 and is being displayed at the LA auto show in 2 weeks. It's going to have bluetooth, keyless start, etc... Can anyone confirm the availability date. My wife wants to wait for the new one because of bluetooth, etc...
  • dgrosedgrose Member Posts: 2
    I am 6' 9" tall and am very comfortable in the 2007 Murano. Does anyone know if the 2009 has the same leg room and/or interior room as the 2007?
  • brig2221brig2221 Member Posts: 5
    Titanicrock,

Can you be more specific in your numbers? Did he get the car for $25,000 on the nose for a SL AWD?

The reason I ask is, the MSRP on that model with the floor mat/cargo protector/cargo net and destination charge would be $31,900 (MSRP $30,900+$100 floor mats+$80 cargo nets+$115 protector+$705 Destination charge). If that is the case, he got the car for $6900 below sticker, and $3466 below invoice ($28466).

I am looking at a 2007 Murano S FWD model with an MSRP of $29820 ($27,830 base price+800 convenience package+$100 floor mats+$115 splash guards+$80 cargo nets+$190 roof rack connectors+$705 destination charge). The Edmunds invoice on the car is $25,569.

It seems to me that everyone is and should be getting these cars at below invoice, even without the cashback rebate. I for one plan on using whatever incentive they have to get the lowest possible financing, which looks to be 1.9% from the most recent posts.

Knowing that their invoice is $25,569, would I be totally unreasonable looking to buy the car straight up for $24,500 without any rebates, and then financing the car at 1.9%?
  • questor2kquestor2k Member Posts: 7
    You're seriously 6'9" and comfortable in the current Murano? Wow. I'm 6'3" and found the layout of the 2006-07 Murano so awkard inside that I couldn't get comfortable. I've figured out that I need a vehicle with about 40" of headroom and at least 44" of legroom to be comfortable for me. Unfortunately very few vehicles fit that bill. But I'm hoping the 2009 Murano was designed with us big guys in mind, as I've been completely frustrated with my lack of options in terms of new vehicles on the market I fit in comfortably. As soon as someone finds out what the interior dimensions are for the new Murano, please post them here. Thanks!
  • jamesamjamesam Member Posts: 15
    My son is 6-6 and we were shopping for a car he could drive. The Murano was a stretch -- it was almost OK, but not great. The Infiniti FX35 would have worked but it was too expensive. The key things are an electric seat you can lower to the floor, good leg room (over 40") and most important, a steering wheel that TELESCOPES as well as tilts. When he pull the wheel out, his knees fit under it better. The Ford Edge had it all, so we bought one yesterday. But warning it is bigger, heavier and drives more like a truck than the Murano.
  • acugalacugal Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for a nissan murano 2007, S AWD, for 24, 600 at the manhattan nissan.
  • histo12histo12 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought used 2007 S AWD 4hrs ago with 12,100 miles on it for $21,000 .Good deal- bad deal?
  • newmedianewmedia Member Posts: 15
    for $21K , its a very good deal ..

Nissan dealer?

I ust bought a 2007 MO with 14K miles, Nissan CPO + 7 yr/ 100K miles gold "wrap"

extended warranty for $24,200.00 + TTL in Boston area.

i traded in 2002 Kia Sportage 4X4 w/ 76K miles .

the car had CEL problem, real left door did not open, and tire rack did not release.

I basically gave the car low end of trade in value but I was able to get the CPO MO at low end of TMV or loe trade in value.

i put in 200 miles on it so far through snow and rain.

car functions will and drives like a new car.

its a nice car at fair price..
  • muranofanmuranofan Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in purchasing a Murano soon. However, I just checked the incentives in Dec 07 is still $1500 which is the same as previous months and is not attractive at all. With the 09 model coming out, shall I just wait for the new model or go for the 07 model? Will they have more discount on the 07 Murano?
  • histo12histo12 Member Posts: 2
    Boch toyota, North Attleboro. No extended warranty just plain 3 months and 4000 miles. Just relying on the remainnder of the factory warranty which is 2 yrs left. they only gave me one key and no remote and theft security.They promise to give me ( I HOPE) another key.Anybody knows how much NIssan charge for remote start and security? Traded my maxima 95 with CEL and driver side window doesn't go up, didd'tn pass emission because the Tech only warmed it up for 5 minutes .I'm sure it is going topass when it is going to retested with hot cat .But don't want to take a chance so I traded. THanks.
    If you're asking about a remote, try ebay. I've bought them for my Mountaineer there.
    its a very good deal for nice ride.

21K is on the very low end of used 07 MO...

they gave me $3500 trade in 02 kia sportage 4x4

so deal went like this

$23K for MO
    less $3.5K trade in
    plus $1200 100K wrap nissan extended warranty

all the 3rd market extended warranty was not cheaper either ..

car should not need any major repair down the road but i tend to keep the car 5-8 years in average and extra 4 YR coverage at $1200 seems fair .

as per 07 models and rebates...$1500 is weak but their inventory level on these MO is on the low side from what i can tell..hope they would increase the rebate but i can not see them offering more than another $1K...
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Any dealers here that have received 2009 pricing yet? Apparently the new 2009 is going to be officially on sale Jan 4 2008 and still no pricing yet.
  • sammyd2sammyd2 Member Posts: 7
    Same question here...

Dealer offering about $600-$700 below invoice. This would be my first new car (others were all used) so don't have any experience with negotiating these deals.

Is this a good offer for an '07 MO. My gut says NO, the '09s are right around the corner and dealers need to unload their inventory as well. Once the 09s come in, comparisons are inevitable and it will be harder to sell the 07s. But all dealers in my area seem to be stuck around that price point.

I love the car (esp the engine, the size, the handling, etc - hate the dashboard though) and don't mind driving an 07 if I get it a couple of grand cheaper an usual, given the impending arrival of the 09. If I'm not offered a good deal (just a few hundred $ below the 09), I'd rather get an 09...

Any opinions?

Oh, btw, the dealer was like "Don't even think about the 09s if you're worried of the budget (how many buyers does he get who aren't???). I can guarantee the 09s will be selling at $3k above MSRP" (what the...????)

Does anyone believe him? Or is anyone here willing to shell out $3K OVER MSRP for an 09???
    1. do not buy the 07 unless you get a great deal, the resale value will be bad. After the 09s hit it will seem like the car is 2 years old even though it's brand new. You should get 6k off sticker at the MINIMUM on an 07 right now and low APR financing.

2. Dont deal with the dealer talking about 3k over MSRP, he is full of baloney. Do some internet shopping, I always see great deals for new 07 Muranos on ebaymotors, for used try a site like classyauto.com where its almost all for sale by owner vehicles.

Seems like dealers will start receiving the '09s sometime in February or earlier. Test drive it, its on a new platform, you might like it much more then 07. I bet there will be good incetives for the '09... seem like a lot of people are put off by the "bold" styling. I believe '09 sales will start off slow then gain momentum torwards the end of '08 as people get familiar with it and let the new styling grown on them.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Nissanrider said :

1. do not buy the 07 unless you get a great deal, the resale value will be bad. After the 09s hit it will seem like the car is 2 years old even though it's brand new. You should get 6k off sticker at the MINIMUM on an 07 right now and low APR financing.

-------------------------------------

Interesting, so we should buy a 09 and by the time the real 09 Models hit the showroom, you well have 12-15K miles on a 09, talk about resale value....

There is nothing wrong with the 07's, and yes you can get them at a discount, but Nissan was smart, they stopped making them back in Oct, so what the dealer has on the lot is what they have period, so they will deal but until they last..
    I am saying it's not worth buying the 07 if you are not getting a great discount vs the 09 pricing. You might as well buy the 09 if the best you can do on an 07 is invoice price. The 09 will be in the dealerships within 1-2 months at the most.
    So if you don't get a great discount on the 07, go for the 09 which has more power, a better CVT and a nicer interior. And I am pretty sure you will be able to get an 09 at or near invoice (maybe not the same week it comes out) The 09 is even better if you are leasing, there should not be a lot of monthly price difference.

In 3 years, the 09 will be a lot more desiarable(and worth more) then the 07. In 3 years the 07 will feel like a 5 year old car to used car buyers while the 09 will feel a lot younger (2 years old). This happens all the time when models change over, the previous model design takes a big dip in resale value.
    Thanks for you inputs, I had similar thoughts as well...

I looked at the pics of the 09 and I (seem to be the odd man out) like the 07 looks better than the 09. Of course, it will have more refinements in the CVT, the interior looks better, etc. But the exterior of the 07 works better for me.

Given this, I'm leaning towards an 07 if the price is right. But up until now, no dealer has been willing to go a few hundred $ below invoice...
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    The 2007's are not sitting idle on dealers lots. A respectable discount is $500 off sticker. Do the math, look at the way they hold value, it's a good price. The 2009's will probably go for sticker, and that's okay. Your option is to buy something else. They'll sell every single 2009. I love the look, better than Lexus.
    Wait a minute... you mean 500 off INVOICE, not STICKER, don't you???
    when 2008 350z came out , the price has increased around $400 f4rom base even the it had new more powerful motor.

based on this new 2009 MO will have less than $1K price difference from 2007 MO.

as per getting a better deal on 2007 MO...the saving will reflect when one once sell it couple years down the road..
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    People cannot buy a 2007 NEW Murano AWD S for $6,000 Off Sticker - No Way! If everyone could buy a New Murano AWD S for $25 Grand - it would be the best deal in America! It's a great deal anyway around, and if you can get it for $500 over invoice (allowing a small profit according to Consumer Reports based on subtracting any profit, then at that cost add 4% to 8%) and the rebate - you've done well. Now enjoy your vehicle and stop dissecting the small stuff. :shades:
  • joe_ojoe_o Member Posts: 27
    I'm new to this forum. Two questions:

Is the '09 a true model redesign?
    Is there no '08 Murano?

Thanks
    all the local boston news paper Ads been priced at $26,300 and up for 07 MO S AWD and funny thing is they been using same stock #s for least a month as sale priced MOs..lol

AD pretty much reads $4700 off sticker and no buyer for least 1 month?...pure bait and switch advertizing on these ADs..
    '09 is a major refit, all new interior, new engine, new CVT and new suspension. You decide for yourself if that qualifies as "all new" design or not.

There is no 08 Murano.
  • tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    Went to my dealer today and this was my experience and would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions as to which way I should go.

I currently have a lease on an 05 Maxima SE fully loaded with everything except Nav System. Residual value 17, 769.60 is what dealer told me.
    Looked at leasing an 07 Murano AWD SL fully loaded with Nav System. Dealer gave me these figures and I need to know if its good deal or not:

Dealer said they would take my Maxima as a trade in and I would not have to go though lease turn in process. They want to give me 17,000 for trade.
    Murano lease pricing 12,000 miles per year for three years Also, they want me to put down $1,000 plus make the first payment which would be 594.20.

MSRP: 37, 020.00
    Invoice: 34,014.46
    VEH Price: 35,514.46
    Sales Tax 1,446.50
    DMV Misc Fee: $150.00
    Acq Fee: 595.00
    Prior Loan: 3,096.00
    Gross Cap Cost: 40,0816.96
    Cash Red: 237.80
    Net Cap Cost: 40,579.16
    Trade ACV: 17,000
    Trade Allow: 17,000
    Trade Payoff: 20, 096.00
    Money Factor: .00016
    Buy Factor: .00016

PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:
    $1500 over invoice when the '09s are coming out soon is much too high! Run from this deal. And why are you so eager to get out of the Maxima lease that you are willing to pay over $3000 to get out of it? If you keep it until the lease is up, you will be able to just walk away from it, as long as you are not over on mileage.
    I am going to check this out. I think the $3,000 figure is from my previous loan. Prior to me getting this lease I had an older Maxima I bought and I traded in and started the new lease with the current Maxima. Maybe thats where the problem started. Should have kept the two transactions separate. I am close to my mileage allowace. I am at 34,000. I knew that the DMV Fees and all that other stuff was not right. Thanks for your help. I think I will wait for the 09 to come out and get a better deal that way. Why is buy or leasing a car so hard!! :cry:
  • oneionei Member Posts: 11
    Murano Owners, have any of you been having issues with your sun visors? I have a '04 Murano SL with Touring Package & 36k miles. 3yr warranty went off last April, yet I am about to be going through my 3rd sun visor. The visor will not stay up. Hit a bump & they drop. This last one that I have received, just drops about halfway down and stays. Are others having any issues. I stopped at my dealer yesterday and they don't come right out and say it but lead me to believe that this has been a problem with this part. Grant it, in Arizona you need to use the visor and rely on it heavily. It probably does get a little more use than some states, yet I think they should hold up a little better than this.

:shades:
  • muranoownermuranoowner Member Posts: 1
    Yes! I have had this same problem. I talked to Nissan and they are telling me that the only fix to this issue is to purchase a new visor and it would be $350. Sounds like they have an issue but aren't doing anything about it. $350 every year or so sounds like a bit much for me to pay for their design defect...
    Ok the 09 pricing came out and its about $1,500 LESS then the 07. So like I was saying, you better get a freakin amazing deal on the 07 before buying it.

This pricing change makes the 07 a poor value (unless you are getting 8k below sticker) and it will eventually get a big hit in the resale market. But it's still a great car.
    Where did you see the new pricing? I have not seen it anywhere on the web as of yet. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.
    Enjoy;

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/new...15123919.shtml

S 2WD 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 26,330
    SL 2WD 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 27,880
    S AWD 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 27,930
    SL AWD 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 29,480
    LE AWD 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 35,910

FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS
    Splash Guards $125
    Convenience Package $550
    Dual Panel Moonroof $1,170
    Premium Package $1,000
    Technology Package $1,900
    Navigation System $1,850
    DVD Entertainment Package $1,600
    Leather Package $1,600

PORT INSTALLED ACCESSORIES
    Splash Guards $125
    Tow Package $690
    Carpeted Floor Mats (3 piece set) $120
    Carpeted Floor Mats (4 piece set) $185
    Cargo Area Protector $95
    Illuminated Door Sills $280
    Roof Rail Crossbars (Black) $190
    SWEET!! Thanks very much for the link and info. :)
  • amatistaamatista Member Posts: 15
    Just got my new '07 Murano SL in silver with cargo mat and splash guards from Corona Nissan. Had a wonderful experience there.
    Paid:
    $26823
    +$745 Destination
    +$77 in floor mats
    -$2000 in rebate (just went up yesterday)
    Thus, before TTL it was $25,645
    Very pleased!! :blush: