Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    I was confused about exact same thing.
    But as we know, Nissan dropped $1500 from 09 Murano price, I guess it just not updated within dealer's inventory.
  • rosepointerosepointe Member Posts: 12
    I have been reading for weeks and have tried the Murano 3 times the past 2 weeks. Since I am following the advise of a dear friend who buys all the time I wanted to run this by others on the board. Since it is the end of the month I thought I might make an offer or just wait a few months. I am not in a rush.

Is this a fair offer? I was told to offer a price that would split the difference between Invoice and MSRP.

09 Murano LE AWD 33073 Invoice 35910 MSRP Difference 1418.50
    Moonroof 1015 Invoice 1170 MSRP Difference 77.50
    Navigation 1605 Invoice 1850 MSRP Difference 122.50
    Car Mats 120MSRP

I was thinking of offering 37,431.50 without destination fee, without my trade in and without title, transfer and taxes. Does this seem reasonable? Also is one taxed on destination fees??

Thank you for your help.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    That looks reasonable to me. Realize that in some markets (like mine) there's already a waiting list on the upper level LE model since dealers seem to be getting fewer of them in. In those cases they might want full sticker. At the end of the day you will have to decide if it's worth saving $1500 to hold off on getting the car for a few months when hopefully demand starts to cool down.

I would expect that people will be getting them for invoice +500 within 6 months but it will depend on the market.

The largest dealer in my area is only getting 6 LE models in between now and March. If I want the car for May pickup I will have to put an order in sometime in the Feb/March timeframe. Luckily for me the dealer is going to honor my VPP pricing on it.
  • samf10samf10 Member Posts: 24
    Sounds like its either an 07 that got priced or perhaps the $1500 markup was for AWD, pretty sure AWD puts on $1500 for same model.
  • muranofanmuranofan Member Posts: 3
    No, I am pretty sure the model that I checked was 09 Murano S FWD. I guess the dealer just have not updated their inventory price yet. Anyone checked with a dealer on this issue yet?
    Thank you for the feedback. Went to my "non salesman" type salesman today with my offer. The good news.....(when he called later because I told him to run it by his manager I did not want to get bullied around) was they would meet my 50% off invoice and package 50%. However the problem rises with my trade-in car. I want a white LE with navigation and they will have to order one. We are in the process of negociating a price for my trade in. They don't want to committ to a price for 3 months out which I understand but I won't sign or buy without one as long as my car does not fall apart in the meantime. After 3 calls (when I said sorry I need an offer) they would like to have an appraiser look at the car tommorrow. I also told him I am in no rush and they can call me if they find a white one. So I will bring my car in tommorrow. I know what all the sites have quoted for it and we will see. If it is a go it will be a relatively easy deal. If not I will start to see if anyone has a white one between here and MD. We are in PA.

I can wait if I need to. No rush here.

WIll keep you posted.
  • pan_parag99pan_parag99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. I went to 5 Nissan dealers in South Jersey area for a new 2009 Murano.
    This is the config:
    SL-AWD:
    Base MSRP: $ 29480
    Splash Guards $ 125
    Premium Package $1,000
    Floor Mats, Carpeted (vehicles with foldable cargo organizer) $120
    Roof-rail Crossbars $190
    Destination Charge $745
    Total MSRP: $31660
    Dealer Invoice: $29148
    Holdback $813

I managed one of the local dealers to get them to Invoice, so I'll get this car for $29148 (0 over invoice).
    Is this a good deal?
    They did sneak in a $999 decor package (pre-del, and other crap) which I refused to do anything with and then they came down to $399 for this pkg but I still refused to take it).
    I haven't been able to find any Nissan rebates or any incentives to the dealer, so I'm guess that buying at invoice is the best one can do.

Comments?

-P9P9
  • pan_parag99pan_parag99 Member Posts: 2
    Yup, I ran into the same thing. However, good part is that the price you get after configuring the Murano - that is what you'll see on the sticker on the car (at least that was the case in 3 cars I saw in 2 different dealerships). So, ignore the price shown on the dealer inventory page on Nissan. Also, beware that the dealer may try to show you the price online and show that they're offering $1500 less as compared to the "internet pricing"
    I offered to split the difference between Invoice and MSRP for an 09 Murano LE with the following package. At first they said they could not committ to a price for my trade in (since they don't have the color I want) but when I said thank you no deal they called 3 times and then told me to bring my car back today to be appraised. I drive an 1998 Avalon with alot of miles 118000. Car in great shape Blue book 4700 Edmunds about 3900 for Trade in.

They agreed to a lock in of 4000 for my car which I was pleased with.

Now they are looking for the Murano which another dealer might have enroute.

While I was happy with everything being 50% split between Invoice and MSRP I always wonder could I have done better. My husband said that he is satisfied with the deal and I felt the salepeople and others were great to work with. I warned the saleperson while test driving that I was about to make an offer but don't have anyone get too agressive with me and to just give me a call if they will meet what I want. I also told him I bought my last car over the phone because I could not stomach the locals at our Toyota dealer. I feel this is a good deal, happy with what I am getting for the trade and glad to support the local dealer.

09 Murano LE AWD 33073 Invoice 35910 MSRP Difference 1418.50
    Moonroof 1015 Invoice 1170 MSRP Difference 77.50
    Navigation 1605 Invoice 1850 MSRP Difference 122.50
    Car Mats 90 Invoice 120 MSRP Difference 30.

Quoted 37,431.50 without destination fee, 4000 trade in and without title, transfer and taxes.

What do you think??????
  • kwill1kwill1 Member Posts: 2
    I am going to pick it up this weekend as soon as it is delivered to the dealer.

2009 Murano SL FWD $27,880
    Cargo Area Protector $95
    Floor Mats $120
    Leather $1600
    Premium Package $1000
    Roof rail crossbars $190
    Splash Guards $125
    Tow package $690

Freight Charge $745
    Total MSRP: $32,445

I had one dealer offer me $1000 under MSRP and another offer $1200 under MSRP. I didn't do any haggling with either of them. I just emailed their internet sales person from Nissan's website and asked for their best price. I could probably have done a bit better after some negotiation, but before I got to that point I found a dealer who would do Nissan VPP pricing which gives me ~$2500 off MSRP for a final price just under $30k + TTL.

This is in the DFW area and I am using Bankston Nissan in Lewisville for the VPP pricing.
  • 09murano09murano Member Posts: 15
    Just landed in Baltimore, should be at Fitzgerald in PA by 7 or so where my black on black loaded LE AWD 2009 Murano is waiting for only $500 over invoice, $300 over plus a $200 locate fee. They have 2 LE's on their lot for $300 over invoice! Great salespeople....easy to deal with, no pressure...one price store. AWESOME!
  • thereal411thereal411 Member Posts: 16
    What are you guys paying in financing rates? anyone getting financing specials through NMAC? We have been slow getting these Muranos in up here in the Northwest. A dealer had one LE on his showroom, but not drivable and now he got 2 more in I'm gonna go test tomorrow.

Not sure on pricing since its still limited selection..

Does anyone know if the LE can come with all aluminum (no wood accents)?
  • boisebravboisebrav Member Posts: 2
    So how the deal go ? What was your price ?
    The "game" at my dealership has begun, and I'm eager to see what others are paying. I have already stated that the configuration of NAV and the required Dual Sun/Moon Roof is a issue. When I build my 09 Murano online and Select NAV the Dual Sun/Moon is added. You can't have both NAV and Entertainment, that I understand but the configuration as stated of NAV and Dual Sun/Moon, doesnt make sense to me. I have a issue of paying ~$1200 for a "option" I don't want.
    My dealer did mention that I qualify for VPP, but I'm somewhat skeptical of that statement. Any and all pricing you have recieved is GREATLY appreciated.

I currently own a 07, that I purchased on March of 07, love it, and when I get the new 09, my wife will get the 07. I think that was GREAT deal ... :>)
    Everything went great! I talked with their sales manager extensively, they'll have 4 LE's at Fitzgerald by today. I payed just as they said, $300 over invoice plus a $200 locate fee. I walked their lot and sure enough the other LE's were only $300 over invoice. Fitzgerald is a very easy place to deal with and they were very up front and honest about my pricing. It was definately worth the airfare from Atlanta to Baltimore. And the drive back was even better : ) I'm going to bed now.
    I believe the LE is wood. I am still waiting to see if the dealer was able to locate my car. He is looking at a trade with another dealership. Hope to know Monday or Tuesday.
    Where exactly is Fitzgerald? Is it the one in Chambersburg? I am waiting to see if the local dealer can find the car I want. 2009 LE White. Price ends up about 800 over Invoice (with Navigation Sunroof, and Mats) including my trade in.
    Thank you
  • tinker5tinker5 Member Posts: 2
    I've just been quoted a price of $37,000 for this vehicle with leather. Got the dealer down to $34,500 and haven't signed the papers yet. What dealer did you go to in South Jersey -- maybe one in Woodbury. I'm now going to go back and see what other deductions I can get. :confuse:
    I do not care for the wood either on the LE. An SL with Leather/Premium and Tech Packages is still $1600 less than a base LE. What is only on the LE is 20 inch wheels, Heated Rear Seats, Power tilt steering wheel, and Ipod interface (you get the aux input on the SL), and the wood trim. Personally my pick is a loaded SL.
    Yes, Fitzgerald automall in chambersburg, PA. $300 over invoice on 4 LE's on their lot or $500 over for a locate. Mine was a locate, they got it in 2 days! This dealership does it the way it should be done everywhere...one price, regardless of model or newness of model. I am so pleased. Every new Nissan on their lot is $300 over invoice or less.
    Before everyone books their flights to Harrisburg not every car or Nissan is $300 over invoice on their lot. Yes Fitzgerald motor does seem promising for a great price and many cars slightly over invoice. There only SL is priced about $2700 above invoice, wouldn't exactly call that an incredible deal. Talked to them several times and seem like a great dealership. At the same time there a few out there that are not close to invoice. Speaking of SUV deals, there are some amazing deals on their Santa Fe's, something like 70 on hand they have. Thought about picking up a loaded Limited Santa Fe from them for around 25k but could just something about the Santa Fe could not get over. Felt too much like a downgrade sitting inside and driving from the Murano and other i was looking at it. Anyway I am picking up a used RDX the end of this week. Good Luck to all those looking.
  • romagjackromagjack Member Posts: 5
    I already have 1400 miles on my LE Tinted Bronze and love it. Rides better and is more comfortable than my MDX. I, too, got it at Fitzmall.com in Chambersburg, PA with no haggling for $300 over invoice plus $200 locate. It's worth the drive if you live out of state. Make sure to ask for Mary if you call or email she was wonderful and very knowledgeable.
    I just went to fitzmall website as well and did see the SL priced at MSRP, so I called my salesman and he assured me that the vehicle was just stocked in yesterday and the $300 over price would be applied tomorrow. He said there is always a 2 day lay over on the internet until the fitzgerald pricing gets plugged in. I was confused as well but apparently you'll see the SL at $300 over invoice tomorrow. He said there is nothing new on their lot more than $300 over invoice, and if someone came in to buy the SL before the internet pricing is done.... the $300 over invoice is what they pay.
  • btm2518btm2518 Member Posts: 12
    I have a dealer who said he can give me VPP pricing on a 09 SL. Can anyone tell me what can of a price break I should expect to see from this? Thanks for the help.
    VPP depends on the company that has the deal with Nissan. For most companies this would be calculated as follows;

Invoice (-) 2.78%
    Take above and add back 2.5% for dealer profit.
    add local advertising fee, usually $500.
    add destination charge (non negotiable)

Final price should typically be just a few hundred dollars over invoice price before the destination charge.

Realize that if the dealer says he'll "give you VPP" but you're not a VPP customer it just means he's claiming he will sell you the car for close to invoice price.
  • btm2518btm2518 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info!
    Fitzgeralds $300 over invoice price beats the lower level VPP pricing. I hate to sound like a Fitxgerald billboard but I was just blown away by their professionalism, their ability to go get what I wanted, and of course their no haggle price. They even offered to ship one from Chambersburg to their Clearwater, FL store for me to save me a drive but the shipping I checked into was incredible so I just flew in and saved some extra cash.
  • 09muranosales09muranosales Member Posts: 16
    You're getting FREE fabric and paint sealant? Great - but you better make sure and watch them apply that stuff. MOST DEALER DO NOT! It's pure profit. They may say they are doing and add a sticker to prove it, but I'd tell them you want to see it done!!! Most dealers will take a Murano deal at invoice, since they'll make $1000 in hold back. All you have to do is say "this is what I will pay - invoice", They'll write it up.We do it every day, but take more off.
  • 09muranosales09muranosales Member Posts: 16
    It's not the dealers fault you still owe on another vehicle that you have a legal binding contract on! I wish some of you worked at a car dealership so you see all the b/s they have to go through, then to top it off, see that the salesperson who sold you that 2007 Murano got paid a flat $100, and sold 10 vehicles that month. Big money huh! Please be easy on salespeople, they work too hard and make the paltry income they do - after having to have you unload on them. you couldn't do it!
    WOW! Some angry salesman just went off on a post from 2004! I think he needs to go somewhere that they pay more than $100 per car. :confuse:
  • jim39tjim39t Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Finally got a quote from a dealer, and it sounds really high to me, but I want to run it by you people for your opinion:

2009 Murano SL, MSRP $30,530. Four year lease, 12k mile a year, $471 plus tax. No money down. I didn't get the details (money factor, residual, etc.) because I just wanted to know if Nissan would price the lease realistically or not.

So is this a competitive monthly payment? I got a quote by Hyundai for a Veracruz SE that was about $75 a month lower, which is what makes me think this Murano quote is high.
    We kind of do need the details. For one thing you don't even indicate if it's an AWD or FWD SL and what the equipment is.

If you want kind strangers on the Internet to help you with your car buying then you should do at least a little bit of foot work yourself.
  • promikepromike Member Posts: 35
    I agree. Salesmen need to understand that for many modern day consumers, they serve no purpose. I have bought all of my families vehicles over the net for many years. I have never taken a test drive with a salesman in the car and I have never found a salesman that knows as much as I do after I've read the brochure and researched on various sites. If I could order direct from the manufacturer that would be great. I realize that I am probably in the minority now, but more and more people are going this route.
  • tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    My advice to you is never lease a car for more than 3 years. If you have your lease for 4 years you will be without warranty for one year and anything that goes wrong you have to pay for yourself and then you still have to give the car back since its a lease.
  • jim39tjim39t Member Posts: 11
    "For one thing you don't even indicate if it's an AWD or FWD SL and what the equipment is."

SL FWD, with splash guards, mats, and cargo area protector are only options.

"My advice to you is never lease a car for more than 3 years."

Thanks for the heads-up on that! I assumed it was a 4-yr basic warranty and you're right, it's only 3 yrs.

So the 3-yr. lease cost for the above car, no capital reduction, I was quoted $516 month plus tax, 12,000 miles per year. Sounds like a lot for a car with a MSRP of only $30,530, but that's why I'm posting, to find out if it's a good deal, or not.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    $516/mo. is a lot for a $30K vehicle, with a 3yr/36K term..

I would be inclined to buy, rather than lease, at those prices..

In contrast, a Honda Pilot with an MSRP of $33K+, has a lease price of around $350-$360.. There are reasons for that, and that doesn't make the Pilot better than the Murano... but, that would make it hard for me to pony up $500/mo. for the Murano..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Hey 09murano,
    Just curious, which Trim Level did you get at Fizgerald and can you give me a break down of what you paid? I'm in Tampa and thinking about the Murano.
    I posted last week about my local dealer who was looking for the car but did not find one (or had nothing to trade). During my wait I did a search and was emailed from Brenner Nissan in Mechanicsburg, PA (25 minutes away) a great offer. It was 100 over Invoice. While I offered to spit the difference with the 1st dealer 50% Invoice and MSRP and it was accepted easily I was curious about this offer and drove out to see what they would give for my trade in.
    Deal was 09 Murano LE Fully Loaded Navigation, Moon Roof, mats and others I was not interested in ie: illumination plates, splash guards and crossbars. The price with the extras was almost 1400 less than the price I got locally with Navigation, Moonroof and Mats.

Final Price
    09 Murano Glacier Pearl AWD
    Navigation
    Moon Roof
    Mats
    Spalsh Guards
    Illumination Foot Plates
    Cross Bars
    37 000 - 4000 for trade in....with taxes and documentation fees 35,098
    The dealership was great to work with. They got the car overnight right off a trailer a few hours away. No pressure. They say the deal with internet sales only is 100 over invoice.

The car is beautiful. Now I just have to figure all the tech stuff out.
    I got an LE with all the options for :

Delivered Internet Price: $36,928 Factory Invoice: $36,628
    Delivered Value Price: $37,297 MSRP: $39,920

I paid $300 over invoice, no haggle. I did not get their service program which is the "value price" because I live in Georgia and they are in PA. Was definately worth the airfare and the ride home was great! They are a small dealership in central PA. Check them out! Fitzgerald Nissan in Chambersburg, PA.
  • twotigerstwotigers Member Posts: 5
    Have had toyota's for several years but going to look at the Murano, is there any advantage to going through Edmunds or KBB on line where they submit your
    request to several dealers in the area for a price, or is it better to contact each
    dealer on my own.
  • pmatawanpmatawan Member Posts: 2
    I'm using nohaggles.com to locate my 09 Murano. I'll report back on the price they can secure.
    One of three Dealers in my area has listed on the internet, one LS, fwd, leather,
    packageA and packageB, I could do without the B pack but the color and the rest
    is about what I would want. Priced at $ 34,870 MSRP.(includes handling). May try to go by tomorrow and take a look.
  • adnipsadnips Member Posts: 36
    Can someone tell me what packages A, B and C are? Why are'nt they listed as Technology, Leather and Premium? Which is which?

adnips
  • tinker5tinker5 Member Posts: 2
    I didn't save any money going through the Edmunds search engine. I just haggled and haggled with the Nissan dealer until I got what I wanted at Woodbury Nissan.
    Re my post # 1461 above, in negotions with the Dealer who has offered
    $ 34,000. out the door. Have it under consideration with the wife.
  • luvcars21luvcars21 Member Posts: 10
    I just got a quote from another dealer...

09 SL AWD
    Leather (which makes you get the premium pkg)
    Dual Panel Sunroof

Before TTL is $32,000....

Its little more than 2k below sticker... I think I might go for it.

What are the finance rates out there? Nissan giving any special rates now?

Thanks.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Not bad for a brand new Murano. According to the Nissan website there is only a lease special going on right now with no mention of any financial deals.
    Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Thanks
  • pmatawanpmatawan Member Posts: 2
    nohaggles.com located a 09 LE with Navigation for $37275. MSRP is $40110. I'm paying $500. over dealer invoice, $2835. below MSRP. Nohaggles charges $99. & they did all the legwork. Considering what the dealers will put you through, it was worth $99. for me not to have to do anything.
  • luvcars21luvcars21 Member Posts: 10
    After going to hundreds of dealers... debating between 07 vs. 09...

2009 SL AWD
    Leather (which forces you to get Premium pkg [also know as pkg-A]
    Dual Panel Moon Roof

$31,600 before TTL. No special interest rate unfortunately.

One dealer even gave me tickets to a Nets game.
    I did it this weekend, 09 SL 2wd, Leather, Prem Pack, Tech Pack, Floormats and
    Splash guards. $ 33,700. OTD, found the combo and color I wanted and gave in.
  • tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    Has anyone in the Chicago, IL western burbs gotten any good deal on the Murano? I have a quote from one dealer for $34,5 for an SL (FWD) with splash guards, Dual Panel Moon Roof, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Leather Pkg and floor mats. seems a bit high to me given the fact that you have to add in all the fees associated with the purchase. Any thoughts??

Thanks,
    Tazgirl3