Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    SL A Package is - Premium Package - $1,000
    SL B Package is - Technology Package - $1,900
    Leather Pkg is listed as Leather Pkg - $1,600
    ok, so I have read all this and that about how to get a fair deal and I read that you should never bargain down from the MSRP but bargain up from the actual dealers cost but how does one find out what a dealer paid? Edmunds and the other sites only tell you invoice and thats not what the dealer paid. Any help is appreciated.

• adnipsadnips Member Posts: 36
    Thank you tazgirl. Your help was appreciated.

adnips
  • adnipsadnips Member Posts: 36
    tazgirl, try going to www.fightingchance.com for invoice costs, holdbacks and analysis of how any particular car is selling. They estimate days of inventory on the lot of specific models & how they are selling. I'm not certain if they have the 09 Murano info yet but I've used this service for my last several car purchases and found it to be quite helpful. I plan to use them for an analysis of the Murano for me and the Rogue for my wife.

Their fax attack stategy is worth the cost of the program. They provide a ton of good information. Good luck!

adnips
  • leeroy44leeroy44 Member Posts: 5
    This may help a little. I have ordered a SL 2wd. loaded with about everything but the back seat video. MSRP. is $36,390. The invoice is $33,146., this does not include hold back or any other insentive the dealer might get. So this should help you have something to grind on them. I don't think a person will ever get below invoice, because the hold back ects. is very sacred.
    Thanks for all the replies to my post. Thats awesome of you to post that website! This info will help me. I always break out into a cold sweat when approaching the dealership!!!! :shades:
  • rosepointerosepointe Member Posts: 12
    I actually ended up paying $25 below invoice for an LE which was fully loaded. The original deal was $100 over invoice an internet rate only. When they located the car the next day it had the Illumination plate to the tune of $280??? The dealer split the difference and we ended up overall with $25 under invoice.

This is Brenner Nissan in Harrisburg. They say their $100 over Invoice price is for Internet inquiries only.

Sue
  • luvcars21luvcars21 Member Posts: 10
    Tazgirl...

I just bought an 09 SL AWD w/ Leather, Premium Pkg, and Moonroof for $31,600.00.

Yours had the tech package (mine does not) but yours was also a FWD (mines an AWD).... I would imagine you can get your car for less than $32,000 before TTL.

Dealers will go down to invoice it seems, but definately not below.
    ok, another dealer just got back to me with this:

$36,264 for the following:

09 Murano SL AWD
    Splash Guards
    SL A Package
    SL B Package
    Nissan Hard drive nav system with music box
    Leather Package
    Floor Mats
    Roof Rail Crossbars

This is all before tax, title and dest. fee. A good deal or should I press for a better price? :confuse:

Thanks
  • isabelalavalisabelalaval Member Posts: 51
    I used this website a few years ago when I bought my car. There is a section where you can use an Excel worksheet to figure out the exact cost of the car for you. It calculates invoice pricing, factory holdbacks, dealer profit percentages, etc.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/download.htm
    thanks. I will check into this.
    another dealer just got back to me offering me 35,614 for the same I mentioned in this earlier post. so i guess there is room to move and the dealer that moves the farthest is going to get my sale.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Can anyone who bought the 09 Muranos please let us know if the side mirrors dimm at night like the RX. Means does it have auto dimming side mirrors?
    Thankyou
  • rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    A LOADED MURANO WITH NAV LISTED FOR $41,000.00 AND WAS OFFERED THIS VEHICLE FOR $36,775.00, INCLUDING ALL BUT TAXES ETC. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL, OR WAIT UNTIL A BETTER OFFER COMES DOWN?
  • rosepointerosepointe Member Posts: 12
    I paid 37000-4000 for a trade in on a 2009 LE AWD with the navigation package, sun roof which comes with it, splashguards, crossbars (which I did not care about but were on this car) and Illumination plates (also did not care about but were on this car). Taxes in PA were 1980. We paid 118.95 for transfers, doc fees, online registration fee and online dealer fee. Also comes with 3 months of XM.

This price was 2369 less than another local dealer who could not locate the color I wanted. Be careful when you say loaded. Ensure you know exactly what is on and what is not. There were features on this car I could have done without that cost us 2-300 more but it was the only one in white they could locate. I love the car.....

Hope this is useful.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    For starters you might want to learn that POSTING IN ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET is considered shouting and is extremely rude.
    Here's the 'final' offer that I got from one dealership:

$36254 OTD price

- Platinum Graphite / Black Leather
    - Premium Package
    - Leather Package
    - Moonroof Package
    - Tech Package
    - Navigation Package
    - splash guards
    - 3 piece floor mats
    - 2 years of oil changes
    - lifetime VA car inspection
    - tax, tags, delivery charge, processing fee of $359

Will price that out with the three other dealerships in the area, and will buy from whoever can go the lowest. Not a bad deal though...
    I received the same offer from dealer in my area and then another came in lower at 35,614 so I am s far going with this dealer. there is room I see. :)
    Nice job, good for you! Think you can post the breakdown of what your options are, and what else is included in that price (I am assuming it's an OTD price).

Thanks.
    Sorry about the caps in previous message. This LE Murano has Nav, dual moonroof, tow pkg., illuminated door sills, black roof rails, splashguards, 3 floormats, cargo protection. In addition there is a $414.00 dealer charge. Total price is $41,589 and dealer will sell for $36,775.00. I guess there is more according to the posts I have read here. $4814.00 off list.
  • redsox24redsox24 Member Posts: 3
    2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD
    Leather pkg, premium pkg, carpeted floor mats, destination charge, MSRP: $32,945, Invoice $30,249.

Dealer writes back: The MSRP is $33,260 on this vehicle, I can sell you one for $31,496 plus taxes, registration and fees.

So I send him the MSRP breakdown that I have (above), plus ask him what the fees are. He says, he is using a real car that matches in his pricing, he thinks the bulk of the difference is the destination and delivery charge on every car through Nissan. Then he says there is the conveyance fee of $398.25. So my math tells me I would be paying $1,247 over invoice, $2,393.01 in taxes, fees and registration totalling $33,889.01. Is this a good deal or not? I know when we shopped for my son last year, the dealer said they did not negotiate the conveyance fee.
    dealer's don't negotiate the destination charge. I've never heard of a "conveyance fee" and don't know what that is.
    That sounds like a pretty good price to me.
    I have a feeling that this 'conveyance' fee is just the dealer's fancy way of saying 'processing fee'. Here in VA, the processing fee I've been quoted by a couple of dealerships were $359 and $399.

The processing fee varies from dealer to dealer and state to state. Some states do not have the fee capped, so the dealers are able to name their price. Other states charge about $50 to $100.

My thinking is to just bargain for an OTD price which includes tax, tags, and fees, and calculate the processing fee to about $50. BTW, the delivery/desination charge on the Murano is $745.
  • redsox24redsox24 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I typed the exact destination fee to the dealer. He knows what it is. Just playing with me.
    I paid 31,600 for the same car but included dual panel moonroof.

The moonroof is has an MSRP of about 1000...

So if you take that out... I'd imagine you can get them down to 30,600 for your car...
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    Hi all -

I'm dancing back and forth between the Murano and Santa Fe, and I was wondering if anyone could share good (or bad) experiences with dealers in the Denver metro area (which could be all the way from Fort Collins to Centennial/Littleton)? I took a test drive at Boulder Nissan, but haven't gotten into pricing with them. The other dealership that keeps coming up is Empire in Lakewood, but I haven't been there and know nothing about them. Opinions?
  • kmax11kmax11 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote on a 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD with premium package, tech package, moon roof and leather package. Not sure what else, as I told the guy the rest "is gravy." MSRP, as he told it, is $36,330. Purchase price is $33,659. This is in southern NH, y'all. Sounds good, based on other quotes. Any and all opions or observations are gladly observed.
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    I got a quote for the same setup 34,800.....in NY ....so sounds like a good deal....i.'m still going to wait them out.....too new. The sales person said that there's no financing deals on them yet, but that may change in a couple months.
    Sounds like the qoute I got from the dealer in So. NH. Portsmouth? Pretty good!
  • samf10samf10 Member Posts: 24
    Was in the market for a Murano in the Denver/Boulder area for quite for a few weeks for an 09. The only way to go is to get in touch by email with the internet team, ask for their best quote on the exact model you are looking for. $500 over invoice is the norm that you should get. The best prices/service i found was with Longmont Nissan, next would say 104th Nissan in northglenn, then Boulder. They are all very competitive, i asked for quotes from about 12 dealers in the area and those 3 all offered $500 over invoice. Good Luck
    I got a quote for a 2007 Murano with everything except Nav - 31,227. they are listing MSRP as 36,675 but wont tell me invoice or what dealer cost was.

I also got a quote for a 2009 Murano with SL-A and SL-B package for 35, 614. Both prices seem high to me and these were internet deals. Live in Chicago, IL. There are no deals on 09s but I am hoping soon!!
  • hk52005hk52005 Member Posts: 23
    Hi,
    I am looking for the same model but with the tech package, premium package, leather and the moonroof.

Sat. I went to a dealer and they were offering 1.9% financing or 2,000 cash back.

Of course the dealers always try to use that 2,000 in negotiations...which is free money to them.
  • boisebravboisebrav Member Posts: 2
    I would like to take a moment and thank ALL that have posted. Your information and buying experiences have been invaluable. On Saturday I bought my 09 Loaded LE.
    Navigation
    Dual Moon Roof
    Illumination Plates
    Splash Guards
    Cross Rails
    Floor Mats ,etc...
    Appearance Package (which TOTALLY changes the look of the car)

38K before Tax, Title, Tag and Doc fee.
    Color - Black on Black....

Car should arrive tomorrow...

Thank you all...
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    How helpful for me in Denver.
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    Appearance Package (which TOTALLY changes the look of the car)

Congratulations!

One question: what's in the Appearance Package? Is that the Aero Kit accessory?
    Really?? 1.9 financing wasn't availible for the 09 murano last I heard. You sure its not for an 07?

Whats the final price they offerred? Either way, you should be able to get them down to right above invoice. Might take a lot of work, but they'll do it.

Especially now with news that the Murano is the safest car out there in its class, they might use that as a selling point for more $$$.
    Oh. That could've been the deal. I hate haggling.
    Is this a good deal?
    2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD.
    floor mats
    leather package
    moonroof
    premium package
    splash guards
    tech package.

$33,212

Dealer advertises that it's $300 over the invoice. But is the invoice really what they paid? I'm suspicious.
    You can get MSRP and Invoice prices on the Murano here;

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-nissan-murano-2.htm

From what you list the invoice price is $32,214 before the $745 delivery charge (which the dealer has to charge you) and the splash guards (which I have no idea how much those cost).

So yes, that's around $300 above invoice on the car. Dealers make additional money beyond what they get at invoice price when selling the car. Nissan has a 3% hold back and possible additional incentives from the manufacturer depending on how many cars they sell.

Realize that dealers are not usually willing to part with hold back and you probably shouldn't bring it up in negotiations. Dealers have a business to run and deserve to make a profit. 3% profit on a $30K truck is not making very much money if you ask me, you are getting a good deal from them.
  • kman6kman6 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a SL with FWD, leather, Premium Package, splash guards, and floor mats. When I build this on the Nissan web page I come up with a MSRP of $31,470 (that includes destination and handling charges) but when I view the local inventory,the price is about $33,255. What can I expect to pay, what is a good deal?
    Has anyone tried this?
    https://ec.consumerreports.org/ec/aps/order.htm

$14 for a single car report.
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    I tried it for a different car, you can purchase 3 month subscription for all car reports for $39. It's been helpful for me at that time. They will show you invoice - dealer's holdback price and teach to start negotiation process from there.
    You can also get pretty much the same info on edmunds.com

Here's list of holdbacks
  • mitch55mitch55 Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I would chime in here and tell my experiences.

We just picked up our new LE 10 days ago.
    Dual Moon Roof
    Splash Guards
    Cross Rails
    Floor Mats

I hate dickering so I told them everything had to be less than 38K (tax, title, fees, everything)

finally paid $37,896.50

List price on sticker was 38,260 plus some dealer add on (seat protection, locking lug nuts)
    They gave me 2,660 off of list so that is about 430 over invoice. Maybe not the lowest I have seen here so my no dickering may have cost me a few hundred bucks.

It is my wifes car so I have to fighter her to drive it :cry:
  • mario668mario668 Member Posts: 2
    I'm actully bidding on an identical car right now in and around Philly, PA

Blue Saph w/ beige
    Dual moon
    splash guards
    crossbars
    carpet mats

Invoice 34,425. I figure the dealer paid appx 33,730 for that car and at 3% profit I'd pay up to 34,750 for the car but have a bid in for 34,350. That is all before destination (745), taxes and tags.

I'll let you know how it goes.

The 09 is on standard finance rates. Does anyone know what the rate should be for excellent creidt and 48 or 60 mo?
    You might be better off seeking financing through your own bank or credit union. Currently my credit union is offering 5.75% for 60 months on a new car loan, which beats financing from Nissan by about 1%.

Nissan dealers over the weekend told me that the biggest thing killing them right now on moving the new Murano is the lack of discounted financing available from Nissan.
    I wanted to but I was wondering if it was worth it. I already subscribe to the online edition which was $26 for the year. I just wonder how much more info you really get. Edmunds, Yahoo Autos and Cars.com all give you pretty good idea of where to go with the pricing. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    I bought the CR report of the 08 Highlander and in my opinion, it's not worth the 14 bucks I paid for it. Virtually everything it has was stuff you could find online, such as invoice pricing. I wouldn't buy another one for another vehicle. Good luck.
    Thanks! This was an internet quote. It's a good drive to get there. I am also considering waiting for the Toyota Venza to come out. But right now the Murano is my front-runner.
    Thanks so much!! The holdback information gives me a good idea. I don't mind that they make money, everyone has to make money to feel their families.

I just don't like lies. They try to tell you that invoice is what they pay...