Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jyijyi Member Posts: 7
    Email. Send out as many emails as you can to as far as you want to go for a good deal. After we bought ours, we got another decent offer from a NJ dealer. My main purpose of email negotiation was to eliminate haggling. After we agreed on the price, I went in, test drove, sign papers, and drove home a new Murano. The process still took over 3 hours without any haggling. If the dealer does not want to negotiate over email, find another one that will.
  • GoldiLoxGoldiLox Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice. After having 3 dealerships calling me multiple times a day and still not offering us what we want, I'm starting to wear down! :sick: I really love that Murano, but they sure put you through the ringer to get to a deal.

I think I'll email some dealerships further out and see what hapens. Thanks again.
  • nasdaqnasdaq Member Posts: 29
    Just bought 09 Murano SL AWD, premium package, leather package, splash guards, cargo area protector, floor mats, msrp $33740.
    Paid $28740 +++; OTD: $31297 in CA.
    0 down with 0% finance. The dealer is very professional and great!
    I saw the ad in their web page last night; then search their inventory to find car and color I wanted. Email them to confirm the price and applied finance this morning.
    I spent about 1.5 hours there to complete paper work and to learn the car functions.
    The time could be reduce to less than 1 hour! if I did not temporally change car color. I love the car and am very satisfied with their service!!
    Get your deal and Happy thanksgiving!!
  • GoldiLoxGoldiLox Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for all of the feedback. After getting competitive quotes from 4 dealerships, we finally found the deal we wanted and saved another $500 off of the price of the car. We got it below invoice and got the 3.9% interest for 60 months too. Very happy with the car, got the blue color we wanted.

Good luck to all of the car shoppers. Would love to hear who else bought their Murano this weekend! :)
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    Just picked my second Murano in Milwaukee, WI today (had first one for 8 month and sold to my relative). This time I picked one that retails for $35,545
    2009 Murano SL AWD Glacier Pearl / Beige Leather
    Splash Guards
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Leather Package
    Floor mats
    4 oil changes
    It also has wheel locks and airbag lock installed
    for $30,497 + TTL
    Which is $2034 below invoice + extras. Got it for 36 month under 0% financing.
    Pretty happy with the deal, now I just have to tint front windows and I'll be all set!
  • slimdudeslimdude Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I'm outside of the Milwaukee area,and am interested in an 09 Murano SL AWD with prem pkg and cloth interior.Did you do your dealing via internet or is there a specific dealership that you prefer.I'm sending out 3 or 4 request's later this week once i see the December incentives.Did you get your SL from there inventory or did they have to locate one for you.I happen to be to picky with the color combo i want so i will be having one located.Any help you can provide would be much appreciated-thank's in advance.
  • jim696jim696 Member Posts: 12
    I got a great deal through Rosen Nissan in Gurnee, IL....I think they also have a dealership in WI. I did everything over the internet...The first and only time I entered the dealership was to complete the deal and drive off in my new 09 Murano SL :-)
    It was by far, the best car buying experience I have ever had!!! Good luck on your shopping and you'll love the Murano :-)
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    Hey, I did get mine from Rosen Nissan too. From Milwaukee location though. For both vehicles I had to deal with the sales guy over the internet and he was extremely easy to deal with. For the second vehicle they basically lost some money in order to move the inventory and reach sales goal. I got the color I wanted (Pearl), my first one was Platinum Graphite and he said he should be able to locate any vehicle, so you have a good chance to find the color you want.

My first vehicle was the one just like you mentioned SL AWD + Premium + Splash + Floormats and back in March I got it for $28500 + TTL (a little under invoice). But since then Murano prices increased a bit so try your best deal!

Thanks.
  • msrrmsrr Member Posts: 2
    hi,

Since most of the people are doing negotiations online, can anyone post a good draft of an email which got them the best bargain.

thank u
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    msrr, If no one has anything for you, you might want to use one of the online sites like Fighting Chance where they provide (for $40) a package of information, tactics, and draft bid request letter/email for just such a process. I did not use it, but bought it and believe it is very worthwhile.

I was planning on doing the email bid requests, but decided to go see if I could get the incredibly deep below invoice prices that other here have reported on the last day of November, as I did not have enough time for the whole email process unless I waited to year end (which I was ready to do).

So I went to the closest dealer that had the car with the color and options we wanted, told them what I was willing to pay today if they could give me that price and if not, I'd be happy to include them in my email bid process at the end of the year. There was a few minutes of negotiations where they offered some very good reasons why my price was not reasonable, but finally took it to the owner or sales manager or someone who countered only $200 higher, but also gave a 3 month delay in starting payments (the 0% "financing" deal) That was good enough for me.

All that said, I think the email bid process is really best, especially if you are not experienced at negotiations of this kind. I've spent a career in sales and still do not like buying a car this way, but just wanted to make sure we got the car and options we wanted. Heck, I probably could have gotten an even better deal with email bid requests. I think I got taken! :-)

That email process really is the smart move.

-j
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Just saw this months auction prices for 09 murano sl's awd and they are already down to $20,400 to 22,000. With under 5k miles and average condition. That is already real close to my lease depreciation number and I still have 35.5 months to go on the lease. This is a great car and for those who lease, the more the depreciation the better the deal. The 58% depreciation number appears to be way off . I figure auction price or trade in would approach 30%. Their loss is my gain. Retail of course would be higher but if no one is buying used cars like this in 3 years, it might not be far off. Any comments?
  • msrrmsrr Member Posts: 2
    jayrider, can we know, where did u find these auction prices
  • dustinbndustinbn Member Posts: 8
    Also there is a huge difference in the base SL and the loaded up sl and I bet you all of the sl going through the auction now are the base model cars that are fleeted out. We just bought at auction a 07 loaded up sl with no nav with only 17k miles for $24k. Options make all the difference.
    You certainly got a good deal. Even though I can get auction prices, I can't buy at those prices. Dealers have to pay fees and transportation to get the cars to their lots, then mark them up accordingly. You have to be in the business to get those prices. On the other hand when you want to trade or sell your car to a dealer then you get the auction price for the most part. When did you buy your murano because my figures are current and they dropped a few grand since last month. Will keep dropping wit the oversupply of cars and few buyers. January predictions on used cars at auction are scary. But you still got a good deal and if you keep it 6 years or so you'll be fine. How did you get to purchase a murano at auction? Are you related to a dealer?
    I did some business with a used car dealer and if I bring him a dozen doughnuts, he will look up the latest figures. He won't sell to me at those prices though but he will buy at those prices then mark them up.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who have been frustrated by some manufacturers’ tendency to place safety related vehicle options into expensive packages. Have you ever wanted to equip a vehicle with specific safety features that required the purchase of an entire package? If so, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, December 12.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gparis1gparis1 Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I'm in the market for an 07 SL and have been seeing some prices that just don't look right. I'm dealing via email with one dealership and he's trying to sell me an 07 SE w/19k miles for $26,000. I'm thinking I could almost get an 09 SL for that kind of money? I'm looking to spend around 20k for an 07 SL with about 25k miles on it. Am I off base?
    The price is high. If you don't mind the Murano S model than you can get an 09 awd drive model for under 20k. Lots for sale online. What city - state do you live?
    I would definitely go for the 09 over the 07 -- lots of improvements and with the economy continuing to tank, 20k will buy one for sure.
  • xpyderxpyder Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted for 33,500 destination included plus tax and fees. Is this a good deal or wait for the holiday. I'm pretty sure there will be more incentives coming. What do you think.
    Dealer where I bought has an 09 LE with double moonroof --- list 38835 -- asking $32734.
  • dc44dc44 Member Posts: 19
    Jayrider,

What part of the country are you in where the dealer is offering that vehicle for $32,734? I'm emailing with some Nissan dealerships in the DC area for an 09 Murano LE with sunroof, and they seem almost annoyed that I am bothering them with my inquiry. Any advice on how to engage them over email to get the best price sooner rather than later? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

DC44
    Tell them to meet the price or you will buy it in Illinois and have it shipped to your door [ $600] and still be ahead. Cars get shipped all the time now and it's pretty reasonable. Since it's a new car with full warranty , you don't risk much. You can have an independent inspection for $99 before you close the deal if you want as well.. You might even be able to get the dealership to pay for the shipping [or split] if you want that new LE in your driveway before January. I see a white and a black -- maybe more.They want to SELL. You can even get a decent finance rate from nissan. These guys won't play games or add sneaky stuff to the deal either. If you really want to go this route, then I can post my email temporarily and we can talk.
    I'm from IL. and has been quoted five different dealership and none lower than 33,500. Can you name the dealer. Thanks.
  • dmdlmdmdlm Member Posts: 6
    We purchased our '09 MO from the same dealer as Jayrider.
    Our price was 5400 below MSRP. (included the 1 K rebate
    offered the last week of Oct.) It was well worth the
    2 1/2 hour drive since no one else could/would come close
    to their price. Did all our dealing on the phone. The price
    quoted was the price we got.

I have been checking (online) the prices with our dealer for a
    friend of mine.
    In addition to what Jayrider said, on our dealership's website,
    they have listed under INVENTORY, Specials:
    SL-AWD for 26,071 (MSRP 30,455)
    and
    LE-AWD for 33,484 (MSRP 38,835)
    (and a couple of S-FWD's)

Also, they advertise a special offer of 4.837 Price Reduction
    on EVERY Murano they have in stock.
    (on one of the car market place sites...don't know if I can name
    it here or not)
    I have told my friend it is worth a one way airline ticket to deal
    with these guys. ( I recently flew all the way from StLouis to
    Cali for 120)
  • mark_emark_e Member Posts: 3
    If you don't mind some driving from DC up to Baltimore, look at the CarMax Nissan in White Marsh. All their cars and prices are on their web site. It at least gives you a bargaining price with some closer dealers. It is right off I-95 north of Baltimore. I bought an 09 LE in July and Antwerpen Nissan in Clarksville (near Routes 32 and 108) beat their price by bunch. They have a good internet team as well.
  • ppdalalppdalal Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am looking at the 09 LE-AWD .I am still getting dealer quotes.
    Is the one mentioned above for 38,835 is that with navi and leather?
    Can you please post the dealer website?
    I am in buffalo NY and dont mind taking the trip down there
    Thanks in advance
    PPD
  • dmdlmdmdlm Member Posts: 6
    Sorry, I do not know what options are on the LE other than
    leather...
    The name of the dealership is AutoCenters Nissan, Wood River, IL.
    autocentersnissan.com
    Under Inventory, click on Specials. Scroll down. The LE is the
    second from the bottom.

After getting the stock number, go back up to their new vehicle
    inventory, and find the car. After clicking on it and copying
    the VIN, you can then visit NissanUsa and find the car on the
    dealership's listing of inventory, and get more information
    about the vehicle.
    At least I did all that before I called about the Murano we
    purchased.
    It was a fast, easy, stress free deal!!
    And one of the best I've seen.
    (BTW, I talked with the guy listed at the top of the page,
    not the one listed by the car.)
  • Michael CohenMichael Cohen Member Posts: 16
    Found an ad in NY for 09 SL AWD w/ Premium Package and Leather for
    $24,995.

Anyone getting deals like this.

Thanks
  • rugby5rugby5 Member Posts: 4
    Where is this?
    We have deals like that or better all the time. Unfortunately, if you read the ad carefully, the price assumes $2-3000 down cash or trade. I just love that kind of creativity. Just good old fashioned deception.
  • get_muranoget_murano Member Posts: 3
    jayrider,

where are you based and can you throw any light on the market in VA and surrounding places?

I have been looking for a SL AWD 09 murano fully loaded. I did a lot of negotiating in may/june but finally gave up as i did not get a good deal.

I am hoping to get better incentives this time since this is the year end, and also since they might want to move stuff.

I wanted black on beige leather which proved to be very hard to find.

I sent some emails last time but a lot of people did not respond well and were even very rude in person.

I welcome any ideas you have and also anyone else on the forum has. Also, can you please tell me the best source to find current rebates, incentives etc. ?

I am thinking if i do not get anything now, i might just go in for an altima. I am so tired of this whole process.

thanks much everyone for your response in advance.
    Herb Gordon Nissan --Silver Springs Maryland has inventory and discounts of about 4k online. They have a black one loaded but I don't know interior color. The vins are posted. You might also consider deep saphire blue with tan interior --like mine very nice. Carmax is mentioned in a previous post with better discounts but not the car you want. You could play one off the other.
  • truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    What dealership is this???
  • get_muranoget_murano Member Posts: 3
    thanks for your response jayrider..
    actually i see that even browns in virginia seems to have a lot of discounts..but i am thinking nissan will announce some big rebate or cash back for the last week, just not sure where to check that and how to find out.

I dont know why this black/beige combo is so rare. in general i observed that a beige interior makes it look more roomy and cheerful, but that may be just my personal preference.

thanks..
    Two factors to consider --- the murano is still popular enough that while there might be a 1k rebate the dealers will tighten their deals to compensate and the selection will continue to get smaller. Production will stay on hold to match demand. You may have to wait til 2010 to find the color combo you want or get flexible.
  • ozamozam Member Posts: 5
    In Atlanta, a Murano SL (frontt wheel drive) with an MSRP of $35,200 +/- (most options except for navigation) are going for $32,000 out the door (includes all dealer fees, 7% taxes, etc). This equates to roughly a $5,500 discount off MSRP. This offer was not specific to any car as the dealer said...."pick anyone you want." I did this deal the week of December 22. I've been buying cars for years and never seen dealers so willing to negotiate against themselves. They are pretty desperate to get the inventory off their showrooms. It is a buyers market. Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity.! Hope this helps.
    If you really want to score a deal, check out the 08 ford explorer awd eddie bauer new loaded with v6 for 10k less. Rode in a neighbors --- bigger but not too big -- very nice vehicle. Still like my murano better but this is one nice domestic suv.
    MRSP $40,685.00 agreed to take home for $35,000.00 destination included but has to work and will come back on friday. Put $200 deposit. Dealer in Chicago. What do you think?
  • gparis1gparis1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Ma, but I'm right on the Rhode Island border. I really wanted the leather, blue tooth type package. Don't think I can get something like that in an S? What makes the 09 so much better?
    lots of upgrades -- fixed recurrant glitches in original design. Better transmission and nicer interior. And the most important thing is they want too much for used 07's and they are dealing like crazy on 09's. Saw two awd s 09's with high teen miles asking $19900. If you like Hyundai -- check out used 08 Santa Fe's or new --lots of deals.
  • alex777alex777 Member Posts: 9
    On fitzmall.com 2009 Murano SL AWD with Premium Package listed for $28,294. This is $1,100 below invoice. Is it good deal or it can be better?
    Another grand would not be out of the question. Add free oil changes for 36k miles and you should be pretty close.
    It turns out it was a finance for offer at $25k with a $3500 down payment.

Five Towns Nissan in Inwood
    jayrider
    you were right, it included a $3500 down payment.
    Which would still put the cost at $28,500 which is $5700 below MSRP.
    I got around 5k off msrp for my murano in october. Sl awd leather premium moon roof mats and mud guards. Your deal sounds decent -- get the free oil change package tossed in. Every 3750 k miles for 36k-3 years. They will try to get you for tire rotations every 7500 miles but if you buy rather than lease you can deal with that on your own.
    anyone can get 6k or more off msrp on a sl? I think it would be possible if the msrp were north of 36-37k. Maybe I'll call my dealership and see. Probably won't. No, definitely won't. Timing is everything but by the time the 2010's start to show you never know. They are going to have to do something eye catching on the 2010's toentice buyers because deals will stink. There will be very little over supply to drive down prices. The economy will still be tanked but there will still be buyers. Just not very many. And supply will also be limited. Coffee's ready.
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    jayrider, I think 6K off MSRP is a little stretch, but maybe do-able. But the best I've seen reported on this and other sites is $2,000 below invoice (on fairly loaded Muranos with MSRPs well over $37K) which works out to about $5400 to $5500 below MSRP.

However, if you factor in the time-value-of-money "discount" implied by the 0% / 36 month financing, that is the equivalent of another $3,000 or so. And they will finance everything, including sales taxes, extended warranty, etc.

--jhwk
    I still wonder what's going to happen this summer if these 09's are still plentiful and from the inventories around st. louis it could be a firesale. I could see $1500 rebates from nissan.
  • truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    Should be very interesting...that's why I'm waiting for now. They've already come off the MSRP a significant amount on an SL AWD for me...but I'm going to take a chance and wait a little longer.
  • bo_skeezerbo_skeezer Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased an SL AWD, premium & leather packages, no sunroof. Dealer calculated price by deducting $2k from invoice. Worked out to be $4,746 below MSRP sticker. Full tank of gas and first oil change on them. Shingle Springs Nissan, (near Sacramento, CA).

I bought now because I was worried that future selection might be limited. Locally, SL's with few to zero options are showing up. Previously, most Muranos were loaded. Fewer options likely a strategy to keep the price down, rather than meet the market demand for no options.