Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    Does the holdback apply to leasing? I had a dealer tell me that they don't have any holdbacks if you lease. I am very doubtful of that but who knows.
  • Options
    DaveCoDaveCo Member Posts: 3
    " Does the holdback apply to leasing?" I'm not sure but that sounds like something a lying car salesman would say. I'm afraid I don't have a clear answer for you. Smells fishy though. :shades:
  • Options
    jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    I just noticed an ad in today's paper that Antioch Nissan (Antioch, California, San Francisco Bay area) is advertising $4500 off MSRP on all Muranos in stock.

I believe careful negotiating, or email bid campaigns, might do a little better, (at least in populated areas with a number of Nissan dealers to compete against each other) but this looks like a good point of information.

--jayhawk
  • Options
    Nissan just released it's sales results for Jan of 09. Total sales down 31.2% but Murano down only about 8% where all other vehicles were down in the double digits except for the Rougue where there was a sales increase. Here's the link

:http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/nissan-north-america-announces-january/st- ory.aspx?guid=%7BA3AD5099-E8DE-4FCC-A811-38A5D2153634%7D&dist=TQP_Mod_pressN

I'm hoping for bigger and better incentives on the Murano but if it's one of their better selling vehicles, we may not see much of an incentive. I'm crossing my finger since I will pull the trigger in May.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    my guess is that any big incentives will appear when the 2010 models arrive this fall. manufacturers are finally wising up to gear builds with demand so the landscape will likely change for good next year. fewer cars on the lot will allow dealers to resist deep discounts by creating an atmosphere of scarcity of popular models. ford is dealing -- check out the edge and lincoln mkx --- you never know.
  • Options
    dlvsmdlvsm Member Posts: 1
    Holdback applies no matter if you purchase or lease. Also holdback is never more than 2.87% of the base MSRP. So on a $40,600 or most expensive Murano it is about $1100. Not including rebates and incentives you should be able to negotiate a price of at least $400 below invoice or possible more if the vehicle has been on the lot for more than 60 days. Another advantage to the older Murano's is that they have a lower MSRP. Nissan (and all makers) will raise the price throughout the year and Nissan has increased the MSRP about $1200 or so in the last 45 days.
  • Options
    CrochetladyCrochetlady Member Posts: 3
    Anyone recently purchase a Murano in the Cincinnati area? I test drove the 2009 SL with leather package and really like it. Now I researching pricing. The Falhaber Nissan Dealer emailed me $30,841 for an SL plus tax, tags, and fees claiming this was $700 below invoice. As well offered up $32,846 for a loaded demo with a couple hundred miles.
  • Options
    CrochetladyCrochetlady Member Posts: 3
    Your information is dead on. The salesman at Falhaber emailed me that to get the Murano in the color I want would be more due to a price increase last July. So now my out the door price is $33,539. He also indicated I needed to hurry because there are only 6 and none in Ohio, which I find interesting since I test drove the Murano in the color I liked at another dealer on Wednesday. Anyway I'm thinking I can get the price down a bit realizing that there is a holdback in the price.
  • Options
    fishwater00fishwater00 Member Posts: 5
    I talked with dealer for a 2009 MURANO S FWD with convinnient package, splash guard, floor mat.

MSRP $28510
    Invoice $26297
    rebate $ 500 (from NISSAN)

FINAL PRICE $ 25610 + TTL

Is it a good deal to make? I am trying to give a offer $24500, but they do not even give me 25500!!! What a hell~ Is it a good deal? Thanks. I am in TEXAS, the TAX around %6.428.
  • Options
    Did you buy S for 26K? I am also has this problem.
  • Options
    Michael CohenMichael Cohen Member Posts: 16
    I spoke with a dealer in NY, and they told me that they raised the MSRP on all cars that were on the lot even if they were there prior to the recent increase in prices.
  • Options
    rminds me of the days I worked stocking groceries in the 60's. Had to change all the prices -- old and new stock. Dealer must have access to revised msrp stickers to do it properly. Never heard of that one.
  • Options
    medtechmedtech Member Posts: 21
    I'm being told by a slaesperson that rebates do not apply to leased vehicles. Is this true?
  • Options
    letsmakeadealletsmakeadeal Member Posts: 1
    Are there any dealers on this board that will lease a Murano with Leather and Premium package for $399 per month?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Dealers aren't allowed to solicit business in our forums, so you won't get a response to that question here..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I just received a quote in NY for a :
    2009 Murano SL AWD
    Leather
    Premium

$31,000 +TTL

This includes the $500 rebate. I do not think this is a great deal, being that it is only $436, which is mostly rebate.

Dealer said this was drop dead price.

Any help?

Thanks
  • Options
    mkadams9mkadams9 Member Posts: 25
    I just picked up a LE AWD. The option were mud flaps, floor mats, and sun roof. The MSRP is ~$39450. I got it for 34,600 which looks like it is under invoice. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    jeffgmanjeffgman Member Posts: 1
    did that include the tech package? and which dealer was that, i am also looking in NY/Westchester area
  • Options
    krishmakrishma Member Posts: 1
    Hey...we are looking in the NY/NJ area. Any idea what a good price for an SL Murano with Premiun, Leather, Tech and Navi would be?
  • Options
    jimjack1jimjack1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is 31660. I've been told they won't go any lower than 29K that is their invoice or net net, isn't this a crock? Many of you have gotten the car a few thousand under invoice. I was thinking more like 28K. Any advice?

Also, is 25K good for an S with floor mats, convenience, splash guards?
  • Options
    dmdlmdmdlm Member Posts: 6
    I hope you can get a better price.

We got our SL AWD Murano for 5,400 under sticker
    price. (30,630 for 25,200)
    That did include a 1K rebate offered the last week
    of October.

Good luck!
  • Options
    It does not include Tech. Habberstad Nissan in Huntington, NY
  • Options
    get_it_guyget_it_guy Member Posts: 5
    Just leased a Murano LE AWD today (same options you mentioned).

MSRP: $39,455
    Invoice: $36,302
    Cap Cost: $33,742
    (you would still deduct $500 rebate if you were buying)

Ended up with a $399 payment(with tax included) and a total of $3,500 cash in. The only other incentives included were the $500 rebate added to my cash. All other costs were capitalized. Negotiation took two hours with a break for lunch. Today was the last day of present program where the LE residual was 50% and the money factor 0.00154 on a 15K/yr. 39 month lease.

The dealer knew I was very willing to take the Lexus RX special at $399 that was expiring. To be frank, it did not include tax, was only 10K miles a year and there is not much to choose from.

I went in to negotiate on a loaded SL and found that the dollars harder to work and that the few with leather were getting hard to find (black, that is). I don't know what will happen to March's incentive program so I thought this deal irresistable.

One note: after closing the deal, I did notice that this vehicle had been delivered in October. Thus the dealer was eating the interest daily but there is info here that seems to indicate that his cost on this vehicle was less then (maybe $1K).

I don't know that they'd do another deal like this or not but the dealer is Hilltop Nissan in East Hanover, NJ. Not a fancy place but you are treated with respect by a helpful crew and the family has been in the local market a long time.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Where did you get it? It looks a great price I have seen
  • Options
    dmdlmdmdlm Member Posts: 6
    The name of the dealership where we purchased our Murano is
    AutoCenters Nissan in Wood River, IL.
    It is located about 30 minutes from the St Louis airport.
    We drove 2.5 hours to pick up the car. It was the best
    deal we had seen.
    We are VERY pleased!!
  • Options
    Thats an awesome deal! How'd you do that? I've been negotiating with a least 7 dealers via the internet and the lowest I can get them to discount an LE is down to $35500 down form an MSRP of $38645....with a 39 month lease w/ 12K miles per year the lowest monthly payment I can get is $545/month that includes taxes. No one will go below MSRP. Seen money factors of either 0.00154 or 0.00184 and residuals of 49-50%. The selling price you got of $33742 is the best I've read on any LE.

Good Luck and happy driving you got an awesome deal!
  • Options
    Anyone know what if any incentives are on for March on an LE in terms of money facotrs or residuals.....any cash back on a lease?

I drove an LE and loved it. The 2009 model is the best one ever. I leased a 2004 Infiniti FX 35 in 2003 and this new Murano is every bit as good. I choose the FX because the 2004 Murano couldn't hold a candle to it. Been negotiating but no dealer wants to go at or below invoice.
  • Options
    gottsygottsy Member Posts: 2
    Getting a new 09 murano SL AWD w/ moonroof+ premium+leather+technology pkg in CA for 32900$ hows that for pricing? is the moonroof a disadvantage?
  • Options
    Moonroof is great. Get it if you can.
  • Options
    gottsygottsy Member Posts: 2
    Getting a new 09 murano SL AWD w/ moonroof+ premium+leather+technology pkg in CA for 32900$ hows that for pricing? u think i should negotiate for better price?
  • Options
    What's the msrp?
  • Options
    We finally pulled the plug and got a brand new LE on 2/28. We were at the dealership not even thinking it was the last day of the month, just to look at colors for a fully loaded SL. We had dealt with this dealer a few times before doing test drives but weren't ready to buy yet. We were getting ready to leave and they stopped us saying what do they have to do to make a sale since it was the lastl day of a short month. We told them we were leaving, had to feed the kids, and will call them back in an hour. They didn't want us to leave but we did anyways. At this point they still thought we were wanting the SL.

We called back a few hours later, telling them that if they really wanted us to buy a murano, they'd give us the LE with nav and moon roof for a payment of $500/ month in a 39 month lease.
    They came back with a payment of $509/month for a lease and we said deal. Originally the first quote started at $563/monthy back on Dec. 31st, then came down to $545/month when we came back in January, now down to $509 for the same car. We are very happy as I really wanted the LE in the first place. I absolutely LOVE this car!

msrp:$40495
    Cap cost: $36743.
    We were about $400 below invoice. Not a thousand below but our payments are right where we want them to be so I'm not complaining. It was only $19/ month more than the fully loaded SL.

MF:.00154
    We paid all fees up front where in NC came out to $1300.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this car?
  • Options
    jekenley - Very good deal.......what was your out of pocket not inculding the upfront fees? Was addtional money put down on the lease?
  • Options
    Jeeze jk, with you out of the car market, life won't be the same. Congrats on your deal and good luck.
  • Options
    Jayrider, you're so sweet! lol. I appreciate all the help you gave me early on. Now that I have the car I want, it's time for me to obsess over something else.

We put a total of $1500 down so very little for cap cost reduction only about $100 or so.
  • Options
    jimjack1jimjack1 Member Posts: 2
    Got my 2009 SL with leather/premium/mats for 1000 under invoice. Not a bad deal if I say so myself.
  • Options
    nicodemusknicodemusk Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my new 2009 SL AWD w/ premium, leather, tech, nav, moonroof, splash guards, and mats so pretty much everything but sadly no iPod connection.

MSRP $38,565
    Invoice $35,151
    Paid $32,751 plus tax and tags so $33,285 total
    from fitzgerald nissan in chambersburg, PA :shades:
  • Options
    Here's an offer I recently got on an LE w/ moonroofs and lighted door sills, floor mats and splashguards

msrp - 39,409
    selling price - 35,887
    MF - 0.00137
    residual - 49%
    Cap cost - $2000
    633.00/month for 39 months

Mind you that also includes rolling the last 6 payments of my Acura RDX at $555/mo. My question is I have run those same numbers through a lease calculator and I come up with $60 less/month also including taxes. I've asked the dealer why my numbers are so off and have not yet got a response. The money factor is the best I've gotten from about 9 other dealers in the Tampa Bay area.

I'm not going to do this deal because I do not want to pay. Any opinions??
  • Options
    Take your worksheet to the dealers lease mgr and ask him to show you the errors of your ways.
  • Options
    truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    Jayrider, and everyone else too....at one time I was looking at Muranos, but realized they weren't practical for me just yet. But, my sister just moved to Santa Monica from NYC and loves the Murano.

She has inquired to a few dealers via the internet, but nobody has gotten back to her. SHE'S A GUARANTEED SALE AND IS READY TO BUY...NO B.S.!!

What should she be expecting to pay for a '09 "S"? She likes the Saharan Stone exterior with tan interior. Also, is the "S" available with leather? If there are any salesmen on here from Cali, hit me up!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Options
    I don't think leather is available on the S but could be wrong. Go to the local websites of several dealers. You can find them by searching nissan dealer locations. Find out the name of the internet sales person and call only them and ask them to email you a price on the car you want. You can research options on edmunds and msrp's/invoices. Let them you are ready to buy from the dealer with the best deal. Most are getting 1-3k below invoice depending how loaded they are.
  • Options
    This is what I plan on emailing a dealer I've been back and forth with for over a week. The best MF I've gotten is 0.00137, and a residual of 49%, mostly what I've seen. I want to know if I'm being realistic or wasting my time.

Here's my situation: I have 6 payments left on my 07 Acura RDX w/nav. Remaining payments total $3300.00 are rolling into this new lease. Here's the numbers I'm proposing:

MSRP - $39409
    Selling price - $34409
    Acura payments remaining - $3300
    Cap cost - $1600
    MF - 0.00137
    Residual - 49%
    Tax - 6.5%
    Term - 39 mo.
    Monthly payment - $539.60

Has anyone been able to get $5K off MSRP? The selling price I'm proposing is about $1500 below invoice. Invoice is based on the average of several sites...i.e. KBB, Edmunds, NADA...etc.

Just want to know if I'm wasting my time. Researching this forum has been very, very helpful.

Thanks, medtech
  • Options
    I know you are really itching for that new murano but trust me, I enjoy mine alot but it raelly hasn't made my life significantly better. The best advice I could give you is wait until your payments are over with the acura and take the next 6 months to research and test drive everything even remotely in your sights. Once you buy, the excitement is gone in two weeks. Savor the chase for the time being.The economy as it relates to car buying is probably going to get worse and you will be in the market at an even better position than today.
  • Options
    Where did you buy your SL?

Thanks
  • Options
    good4wugood4wu Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a Nissan Murano LE

Black on Beige
    - Splash Guards
    - Sunroof
    - Floor Mats
    - Cargo Area Protector
    - Illuminated Door Sills
    - Black Roof Rail Cross Bars
    - Navigation
    - Permaplate
    - Window Tint
    - Wheel Locks

The dealer said they lost $700 on the deal. What do you think? Did I get a good deal? I got wheel/tire insurance because I've been hearing about the difficulty tracking down tires for $8/month.

MSRP - $41,060
    Purchase Price - $36,100

Came with just over 350 miles on the car. I refused to take one with over 1000 miles with similarly priced.

I'm always one for buyer's remorse...so input is appreciated.

:confuse:
  • Options
    5k off is fine. Some areas of the country deal better than others but if you like the car, there is no need to fret over your deal. They didn,t lose money. If they se;ll a target number of cars Nissan will kick back big bucks to the dealer. You probably got a small taste of that in your deal anyway.
  • Options
    carlupicarlupi Member Posts: 52
    If the price you list ($36,100) includes destination/freight costs but excludes tags, title, and fees, then you got a 12% discount from the MSRP. That is generally good, although in some regions they are discounting the LE Murano by up to 14%, which in your vehicle's case would have represented an additional $800 or so discount from MSRP.
  • Options
    mlaw8mlaw8 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - I am trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on a 09 Murano SL AWD with a MSRP of $39.5k now or wait. I've negotiated a price of $33.5k (does not include tax/tags) which I believe is a good deal (dealer is trying to meet end of year target), but don't really need the car until end of summer (I am coming off of an 06 Murano lease at that point). I believe the 2010's will come out in the end of summer time frames and am wondering if the group thinks a better deal will be available at that point. My current thinking is that it will be a cash deal. Looking forward to your thoughts.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Your dealer should be able to put you in a new murano within 6 months of your current expiration date. I can't believe he didn't suggest it to you. No penalty if you re-lease a murano.
  • Options
    mlaw8mlaw8 Member Posts: 4
    How about if I buy this time rather than lease again? They've said that someone would have to eat the payments as the residual is more than current value. Is this not true?

Thanks