Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    Do you notice the ride different for LE vs SL?
  • vegasmuranovegasmurano Member Posts: 18
    I did not drive the LE since I knew I was not going to spend that much,I also prefer a higher profile tire for a softer ride.After years of owning performance cars,I just want comfort now.Handling and cornering seems pretty good on th 18's to me.

I guess you better drive both,everyone will have a different opinion.......
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Nissan has extended the warranty on the cvt to 10 years 120k miles from original buy date. I have the same delay issues with my 09 that vegas describes. After 12k miles I'm becoming disenchanted with the ride quality a bit. It seems a bit bouncy and seems ride rougher than I expected. Feels like the suspension needs a bit more dampening capability. Not a big issue -- will be turned in in 18 months.
    Fezo -- really enjoy your posts -- when I'm ready to buy may come to Jersey [Ocean City] for a few days -- we can go on a shopping trip. The cheese steaks are on me. ;)
  • whitestar16whitestar16 Member Posts: 53
    Color: Glacier Pearl/ Beige Interior

MSRP --- 34,745
    Invoice --- 31,791
    Paid ---- $29,537 ( includes destination charge and assigning of $1250 rebate dollars over to dealer)

Options:

1. Leather
    2. Premium
    3. Dual Moonroof
    4. Carpeted Floor Mats and Cargo Mat
    5. Accessory Value Package
    6. Splash Guards
    7. Bumper Protector
    8. Bug Protector ( Black Plastic Shield across front of hood)

This was a good deal, but not a great one. After dealer hold back their cost was about 28,800 as a guess, but I believe in leaving meat on the bone too. Its the end of the year and just go straight to a manager and help him or her with end of year sales numbers and help yourself out to a bit of a deal as well. Mileage at time of purchase was 15 miles on the car. Manufacture date was 12/09. Car must have been sitting for 2 months. Saw the same at other dealership too.

This is Houston, Texas, land of a gazillion Nissan Dealers. After TTL and Document fee total OTD was $31,780.
    Mine was actually still on the truck being delivered to the dealer,wheels still wrapped in plastic.it had 6 miles and Manufacture date is Feb 2010.

It is almost impossible to find AWD in Vegas,so I did not hesitate on it....Only 1 out of every 30 or 40 are AWD here.

Congrats on your new murano!
  • fleadogfleadog Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys, we're looking for a murano for my wife. I spotted an 09 LE with about 15K miles on the odo. which is selling for $33K, certified pre-owned included. The truecar.com report lists my "good price" as $34,800 ($311 under invoice), and my "great price" as $33,800 ($1280 under invoice). The car is a loaded LE with nav. Should I hop on this or go lower? thx!
  • luxor2luxor2 Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping around for a better deal on 2010 Nissan Murano 2WD but so far not able to get one.

I was offered OTD price of 36314 for 2010 Murano FWD tinted bronze with the following options

1. Leather
    2. Premium
    3. Dual Moonroof
    5. Technology
    6. Splash Guards

I guess this is not a great deal, but couldn't find a good inventory matching the above specification. I am in San Jose CA. What is the best price that i should be paying in CA ?

Heard from one dealer that Murano's are pretty hot right now and there isn't much available , is that true ? Is this the best time to strike the deal ?

I am really confused as i am not getting the right deal, one dealer wasted my time by offering the OTD price of 34000 but didn't have the inventory when i finally decided to walkin.
    edited March 2010
    Since it's used,look it up under edmunds appraisal value,I think you can get it for less.But I am not sure how strong the market is there.

Looks like trade in value is 27k or so,then add in the cpo and some dealer profit.Edmunds seems to be a bit high on the trade in pricing,So maybe even closer to 30k is even possible.

$33,800 is pretty close to what you can get a new 2010 is it not?I would definately do some serious negotiating......I would think there is still at least a few grand the dealer could move on it.
    An OTD price includes TTL so its better if you post a price before TTL for comparison purposes. As a reminder, you can go to the Nissan Website and look up inventory at each dealer in the country. So you can see who has what before you go somewhere to look. I think that that is pretty cool really. I bought your same car for 29.5 minus the technology package but with a few other items. But taxes could easily be WAY higher in California for all I know. You might want to by in another state like nevada or arizona or something and try and save a little dough.
  • clover308clover308 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Color: Merlot/ Interior: Beige

MSRP: 38,980
    Invoice: 35,960

Offer Price:34,756 after 500$ rebate without TTL

Options: splash guards and rear bumper protector.

Just wanted to know whether that's good price or not. Truecar price says anything below 35,300 is good price.
  • luxor2luxor2 Member Posts: 2
    @whitestar16 - Thanks for the reply

This is the latest quote that i got for

2010 Murano 2WD
    Tech package
    Moonroof Package
    Premium Package
    leather Package
    Flr Mats
    Splash Guards

Dealer Price : 32239
    Tax in CA : 3102.82
    Doc : 55
    Tire : 8.75
    DMV: 472

Total OTD : 35877.57

Is that a good deal ?
    I don't think I am a good person for making deals on cars to be honest, so I really hesitate to give any advice on this. That being said, if it was me, I might really be uncomfortable spending more than $30,000 for the before TTL price, and offer $30,100 in good faith.
  • mikesmuranomikesmurano Member Posts: 118
    If I were you I wouldn't buy a Murano for my wife since it is such an unreliable vehicle. We were left stranded a number of times with ours and eventually got rid of it after seriously expensive repairs and a couple of close calls; like the car stalling or sluggishly creeping through busy Atlanta intersections.

Nissan is having some serious accelerator problems that are yet to be exposed.
  • dmbfn41dmbfn41 Member Posts: 8
    Mikesmurano,

I think we all get the point that you were unhappy with your intro year Murano of 2003. Honestly, I understand why you would be upset.

Can you keep your satisfaction issues out of the Prices paid section? Your experiences of buying a Murano in 2003 have no relevance to what people are paying now.

I'm just trying to keep this forum on topic. No disrespect towards you.
    Riderman -- you might do pretty well trading in your 09. Depending on when you bought it, the msrp's have risen thousands -- my 09 sl awd was msrp'd at 34k. The same 09 8 months later was 36500k. Plus I only paid 29k. Big discount when I bought in the dark days of sales. The 2010's are up as well -- so even if they give you close to what you paid[used muranos are hot] look closely at the inflated price of the 2010 to see if the deal makes sense. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • iolo72iolo72 Member Posts: 29
    riderman,

Do you mind me asking why you are trading in an 09 for a 10 model? As an owner of 09 I am curious :)
    Thanks!
    I traded in my '09 and it was a great deal for me,But I bought my '09 used to begin with.It ended up only costing me less than 2k depreciation on a car I drove for 13 months.

It's hard to figure out what my REAL trade in value was because it depends how you want to figure the deal.But I paid $21,800 for an '09 AWD S last year with 18k miles (they were asking $25,000),and got AROUND $20,000 on the trade in just over a year later with 10k more miles on it.

You are right,sticker prices have gone up and that makes it harder to figure out the deal.But when I looked at new ones in '09 the discounts seemed smaller.

Bottom line,the higher the sticker price,the more room they have on the price.....Alot more profit on the "loaded" models.
  • riderman357riderman357 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    To make a long story short..Google"09 Murano coolant Smell". I must have a 1 in 10 K problem child Murano. I'm getting coolant in my oil and the dealer cannot find the leak. My wife and daughter are going on a trip in a couple of weeks, The dealer say's "just drive it". I do not want my family stranded. I'd like a new one before they leave. I understand the dealers side of the issue, let it blow and they have hard evidence for a warranty repair. My concern is this may be at the expense of my family being broke down in the middle West by god Virginia. I called BIG Nissan about this, I'm waiting for their response.
  • riderman357riderman357 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    I hope you are right. I have a 09 SL FWD with leather and the bose system, the car is cosmeticly perfect with 12K miles. We added the bug deflecter and vent shades. This is a monetary issue when you pay the dealer for parts and labor, but adds nothing to the trade in value. They offered 24K for a trade in. Is this close to the expected trade in value?
  • bitoy11bitoy11 Member Posts: 2
    good morning! I'm from wesley chapel, would like to know where did you buy that murano in tamapa bay area. thanks bitoy1
  • bitoy11bitoy11 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys! Kind of interested buying Murano SL awd. Will somebody help me what's the OTD. I'm from Tampa. Thanks
  • johnzeejohnzee Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2007 SL Murano (touring package) that will be due for return in July. There are still 3 payments left (39 mo lease).

Current payoff $20,167
    Amount due in July $19,084

Can I negotiate a lower purchase price with Nissan Financing or are they pretty much firm with the payoff amount?

I was informed that the only way to purchase the car is via the dealer where I leased the car from, is that true? Few years ago I purchased my leased Toyota Highlander and I just paid the payoff amount + tax directly to the lender, no dealer involved.

If I need to go to the dealer, what fees do I expect to pay besides purchase option fee and sales tax?

Thank you.
    This is a re-post of my purchase details. I apologize for re-posting, but given its the last two days of the Nissan buying year - I was hoping to get the thread back on track for its purpose. I'd be happy to answer any questions on my our purchasing experience.

Color: Glacier Pearl/ Beige Interior

MSRP --- 34,745
    Invoice --- 31,791
    Paid ---- $29,537 ( includes destination charge and assigning of $1250 rebate dollars over to dealer)

Options:

1. Leather
    2. Premium
    3. Dual Moonroof
    5. Accessory Value Package
    6. Splash Guards
    7. Bumper Protector
    8. Bug Protector ( Black Plastic Shield across front of hood)

This was a good deal, but not a great one. After dealer hold back their cost was about 28,800 as a guess, but I believe in leaving meat on the bone too. Its the end of the year and just go straight to a manager and help him or her with end of year sales numbers and help yourself out to a bit of a deal as well. Mileage at time of purchase was 15 miles on the car. Manufacture date was 12/09. Car must have been sitting for 2 months. Saw the same at other dealership too.

This is Houston, Texas, land of a gazillion Nissan Dealers. After TTL and Document fee total OTD was $31,780.
    Nicely done loach. Personally, I hope mike sticks around and generates more disdain. This is one of the most amusing discussions on my watch list. :)
  • kboycekboyce Member Posts: 3
    after going on vacation in the mountains and freezing snow, the silver grill has bubbling on it. Has anyone had this problem. My murano is 2004 so not under warranty, took it to the dealer but basically nothing they will do about it. I heard there is a 1-8-- number that we can call, does anyone have it. also annoying is the drivers sun visor keeps falling down, the deal wants 350.00 for that. HELP.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The topic is Prices Paid... not, about each other, or how Nissan screwed you.

Next one in the pool with an off-topic post just might get a "CarSpace holiday".

Thanks for your cooperation...

kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• droptopsolaradroptopsolara Member Posts: 19
    Hi, We purchased a 2010 Murano LE at the end of December and at the time we got 2.9% financing and 3% off invoice. Benefit then was to get the sales tax write off.

The same dealer is offering Nissan employee pricing to employees of large companies which is over 4% off invoice, 0% financing and 2 years maintenance, guessing to compete with Toyota incentives.

Anyone know if you can do better on your own or is the employee the lowest deal.

We are thinking of getting either another Murano LE or a Maxima sedan....we absolutely love the Murano LE.

Thanks, Bob
  • cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Hey that is interesting. What was the final price. I got an SL with moonroof and leather. for $31,050 in december with the same incentives. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a quote around this price. The MSRP was 36,110. It had some extras like mats and etc. Just wondering how my deal is still holding out. I also traded my 2007 S AWD in for $18K (17K miles). In any case its a great car and the stereo is a killer. My mom has a Lexus with the premium stereo and it is no competition for the Bose system on the Murano. Highly recommend the Bose and Moonroof. No need for the Tech stuff its a waste of time. Take care. Happy hunting. NJ area
    Nissan website shows no deals whatsoever.

No rebates

No 0% financing

Looks like the deals are over until the end of the model year in the fall.
  • jayhawk70jayhawk70 Member Posts: 56
    Well, it may be you might have to until fall for a new promotion, but I bet in a month or so there will be something new. And there very easily could be something going on from Nissan to the dealers that is not published to the consumer. I bought a Murano a year ago last November for $1,800 under the invoice price when there were no rebates/cash back offers of any kind (there was a 0% financing, but I got that too, in addition to the $1800 under invoice price). Maybe the dealer was just taking a bath on the car, but I doubt it, since there were a number of folks posting here with similar deals in several parts of the US. (which was how I got the idea to offer at $2K under invoice)

Or maybe Nissan is selling so well they don't have to offer any kind of deals anymore! (yeah, right...)

Patience is your friend.

--jayhawk
    The March Sales data for Nissan showed a whopping 44% increase in sales over March 2009. Annual sales period ended March 31st as well. All of this from an accounting perspective as well as shareholder pricing is a formula for less deals to be found for April, with a major sales decline likely, followed by better deals to be had shortly thereafter. Just an opinion.
  • rogero44rogero44 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchasing a 2010 SL with the Tech package and got it for 31,050 -which reflected a 1250 rebate.

They are offering an extending service contract where you have no service costs for 5 years/75000 - cost is 2248. Any thoughts - is it worth the money?
    edited April 2010
    Not worth it for 90% of people.In 75k miles all you really need is oil changes,filter changes,fluid replacements and tire rotations as maintinence.

That would not cost nearly the price they are asking,I could get all that done at a reputable mechanic for less than half of that.Just my opinion .....
  • rkhamilton920rkhamilton920 Member Posts: 10
    interested in LE AWD with NAV - what is a great price. I have Pilots at 3% below invoice can I get close to that kind of deal on this car? Live in Chicagoland
  • bezierbezier Member Posts: 2
    After two weeks of negotiations and 3 visits to the dealership, finally finished my purchase on June 1st.

2010 Nissan Murano 2WD 4dr SL
    Exterior Color: Platinum Graphite
    Interior Color: Black
    Options:
    [p01] premium package
    [x01] leather package
    [h01] technology package
    [u01] navigation package
    [b92] splash guards
    [b93] roof rail crossbars
    [b94] rear bumper protector
    [l92] front/rear floor mats & cargo area protector
    [n92] illuminated door sills
    Plus free oil changes at the dealership for life.

MSRP: 36,895$ (38,090$ in Truecar)
    Factory Invoice: 34,739$
    Dealer Cost: 32,471$
    Purchase price: 29,999$+TTL = 32,228$

Still learning to use the features, but loving it so far.
    Congrats on a good negotiation and great vehicle!
  • daniel2008daniel2008 Member Posts: 3
    bezier,

could you let me know which dealer your purchased this Murano from? You got a great deal! thanks
  • patrick9090patrick9090 Member Posts: 3
    I've become increasingly interested in the Murano, and reading this forum has been a big help. My Nissan dealers in Miami are all trying to quote me full MSRP for a 2010 AWD Murano with 360/leather/premium, $36,650.

I sent an email basically saying look, I've priced this car out on Edmunds a hundred times over. I know what the true market value is, and even that seems high compared to what others are reporting paying. I told them I'm interested in the car, but only if I get a good market price on it. I'll see what they come back with. I'm not paying their inflated prices. I'm more than willing to drive my old car until I get a price I'm happy with.
    That seems high from my experience; especially when you consider how many quality issues the Murano seems to have.

The track record does not look good. Read the customer service thread. Geeze.
    edited June 2010
    Go to overstock.com and see what deals are available near your zipcode. They will be lower than msrp. Quick check near me yielded $3750 off msrp includes a $500 factory rebate. The rep you talked to was a scammer.
    Hi.

You haven't specified the exact model; ie: is it an SL or an LE? It looks like an SL as a guess. Why don't you look at the FWD models instead of the AWD models? Although I haven't seen one single transfer case failure or problem in the 2010 models, there are many in the 2009 models and previous. Getting the FWD model eliminates this risk entirely.
  • swmichiganerswmichiganer Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone leased a Murano under their current lease rate promotion? Nissan is currently offering a $299/month lease for 39 months with $2999 down for an S model with AWD, floor mates and splash guards with an MSRP of $31,050 and a net capitalized cost of $25,749. I'm looking to get an equal or better deal on and SL model with options. Before I go off and shop around, I was wondering If anyone knows the money factor on this current deal and depreciation %. Thanks.
  • daniel2008daniel2008 Member Posts: 3
    only spent a day negotiating price with different dealers and got the vehicle
    it is a SL 2WD includes:
    [P01] PREMIUM PACKAGE
    [X01] LEATHER PACKAGE
    [K01] 360 DEGREE VALUE PACKAGE
    [J01] MOONROOF PACKAGE
    [B92] SPLASH GUARDS
    [B93] ROOF RAIL CROSSBARS
    [L92] FRONT/REAR FLOOR MATS & CARGO AREA PROTECTOR
    invoice $32540, MSRP $35550
    final price is $31540 + TTL
    I know I can get better deals if I wait some time or go to a dealer in different state, but I don't have much more energy on car shopping...

I believe a price ~$1500 below invoice is very possible in the country.
  • jess0117jess0117 Member Posts: 1
    St Louis, MO - West County Nissan.

Black/black 2010 SL FWD
    Tech package
    Leather package
    Premium package
    Moonroof
    Splash guards, rear bumper protector, floormats, and roof rail crossbars
    First 4 oil changes free
    Invoice: $33,9XX. MSRP: $37,160
    $32,335 OTD, including $199 "Admin Fee" but NOT including TTL

We seemed to benefit from an internal screw-up due to an ~$800 price increase that occurred a few months ago (the original quote we received was for a pre-price-increase vehicle, and the quote was never changed although the vehicle we ultimately ended up with was post-price-increase). This became a problem to the dealership only after they had obtained the car from another dealership, we had inspected/okayed the car, procured the money, cut the check, been at the dealership to complete paperwork for an hour, etc. They initially tried to split the $800 increase with us but, to their credit, ultimately honored their original quote after we pushed back. Other than the 11th hour confrontation over the price increase (which ultimately worked out in our favor), we had a pleasant buying experience with this dealership and felt we were treated fairly. Their initial offer to us was $1000 under invoice - $500 dealership discount off invoice plus $500 Nissan rebate.
  • bezierbezier Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the late reply. Got it from Trophy Nissan, Mesquite TX.
  • mytsignsmytsigns Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Faulkner Nissan

So I had been shopping a Ford Edge, but didn't like it...to, well...dull. Looked at a Mazda 7 then went into Nissan and really liked the Murano, this was yesterday. Priced at the dealer I test drove at, numbers were ridiculous. Did an Edmunds price broadcast last night, figuring last day of month, quarter and possibly fiscal(6/30/2010) got responses from 4 dealers. Went with this, bought it today.

Silver/black 2010 SL AWD
    Leather package
    Premium package
    Moonroof
    Splash guards, rear bumper protector, floormats, and roof rail crossbars
    First oil change free

$32,780 NOT including TTL or admin fees. Financed total $34,950 - $1000 down, 0.9% Nissan financing

I don't know ifit is the strongest deal from my end, but certainly quick and painless. Picking it up tomorrow. Will there be a 4th of July blowout sale...?
  • geezy1geezy1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all.

I a very interested in buying a 2010 LE loaded with leather wood grain, etc... pretty much all I can get but I don't need the nav. The prices here for that vehicle seems to run around 38-41 K or so how much should I pay for it to be a good deal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Geezy
  • jakefl7jakefl7 Member Posts: 14
    I just turned in my 2009 Murano for a 2010 Lexus RX350. I was tired of dealing with all the problems with my Murano and the terrible service. If you are in the market for a Murano you really need to consider the Lexus RX350. The quality is far superior and the service is out of this world. Do yourself a favor and check out the RX350. You will not regret it and you can thank me later.
    I dunno -here are the latest Lexus recalls;

* 2007-2008 Lexus GS 350 and GS 350h

* 2008 Lexus GS 460

* 2006-2008 Lexus IS 350

* 2007-2008 Lexus LS 460, LS 460 L

* 2008 Lexus LS 600h L

Total vehicles = 140,000 just for the engine spring recall alone. ( leads to stalled engines while in motion). I think the new 250 model got pulled from sales entirely within the last two weeks. Lexus is a mess right now.
    Read the customer service and CVT thread before buying a Murano.

Buy Acura or Lexus if you want a premium Japanese vehicle.

If not, Nissan will take you to bankruptcy.