Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iolo72iolo72 Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    Generally Toyota has better resale value than Nissan. Honda probably is #1 and Totyota's up there. Nissan always lose value faster than the two mentioned. Quality and reliability have something to do with that but IMO I think you do get a bit more in amenities in Nissan for the same amount of money. If resale value was my top priority I would have never bought a Murano. I got one because there was no car out there with what I have in my Murano (quality interior, styling, riding comfort, SL/AWD with pkgs.) for $30.9K at the time.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    For 2012, enhancements include the addition of a new Platinum option package, complete with new 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, available Sapphire Black exterior color and standard navigation system. Murano S models add a new 7-inch monochrome screen.
  • dunbarmdunbarm Member Posts: 2
    2011 Murano S MSRP $30,235 no options except floor and cargo mats. Paid $25,500+TTL and they gave me what I wanted for my trade-in. This was the closest dealer to me and I got them to match the Truecar.com price a site I found very helpful.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    What dealer and where?
  • dunbarmdunbarm Member Posts: 2
    Corona Nissan (Los Angeles area), truecar.com indicated that 3 other dealers in the area would match that price.
    Thanks. Looks like you got a good deal. Enjoy.
  • bmw4me2bmw4me2 Member Posts: 54
    I don't know if this is legitimate or not but Woodfield Nissan is advertising brand new 2011 Murano (model 23111) for $23,995. They say there are only two available at this price, it includes all rebates and you must finance through Nissan Motor Acceptance. The vin # of the two cars is 063812 & 060276.
  • iolo72iolo72 Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2011
    If this is the one in Schaumburg, IL then I would be curious to know what the catches are. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. Once I waited in the showroom looking around for 20 mins and not one person asked me if I needed help. But then again, just about all dealerships on Golf Rd. are spoiled and have pretty shoddy service.
  • bmw4me2bmw4me2 Member Posts: 54
    Yes, it is the one in Schaumburg. I saw the ad in Friday's Chicago Tribune. The only catch I could find in the ad was that you must finance through Nissan Acceptance. It also said all rebates and incentives have been applied to get to this price.
  • jason102jason102 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Murano 2011, SL with Navigation Package. Dealer throws in floor mat, retractable cargo cover, installed cross bar etc.

MSRP: $39,885 + TTL
    Dealer Invoice: $35,561 + TTL

Drive out: $35,540

Applied Nissan VPP discount. All other dealers says the price is impossible -- obviously a lie. I believe it could be lower if I would negotiated more.

Also trade-in my old Van with my desired price, close to the blue book resale value.
  • coop7coop7 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like an awesome deal.

Does $35,540 include Taxes, trade what APR did you get? and Where?

I am looking for an AWD LE w/o Nav but hard to find, I can take Nav if there are no options, TrueCar shows $36K w/o Nav and around $37.5 with Nav. Not sure if I can get better than that. On the other hand 2012s will be hitting the floors soon, I wonder if I should wait for 2012 arrival to be able to bargain more on 2011, but current 0% APR is very attractive.
    Yes, $35,540 is the drive-out price, including every possible fee like TTL, Tax etc. except my trade-in. The APR I got from Nissan is 1.79%(60 month). It's a good rate, but I don't care that too much since I don't have much on finance and will pay-off in 1-2 years anyway.

Note, mine is a FWD model, which is about $1000 cheaper than AWD. My dealership could do AWD model(with same option) for $1000 more, but hard to find AWD model around here in the south(Houston, Texas), where we really do not need it for most of the time.
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    Can you provide a bit more info here? Tax varies, so including "drive out price" isn't too helpful if we don't have your tax rate. Can you just tell us the price you paid on the car (pre-tax, but including dealer-added fees, but not including Texas fees or taxes), please?

I'm in Houston too and am interested.

I show MSRP of an SL FWD with Navi to be $37,210, with a good price per Zag of about $33,183 before any negotiation.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2258&modelId=693&trimId=2445- 30&upfrontPricing=N
    Being honest, I am having trouble to get the exact price without tax, fees....The OTD price is much more simpler for me....anyway, here is the break down(detail):

MSRP for my Murano is $39,865 (if you believe it....)
    dealer's discount(all with Nissan's rebate) is about $6,600.

Do the math, the pre-price is $39,865 - $6,600 = $33,265

Hope this helps!

By the way, the link you have shows MSRP of $37,210 SL does NOT have Navigation package. With all the options I have, the MSRP is about $40,000.
  • saabpilotsaabpilot Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Murano S - graphite grey -
    Bought 19 October '11
    Bankston Nissan Dallas - Grubbs had a slightly better deal, but didn't have color I wanted.
    MSRP - 30430
    Paid 24100 plus ttl, no trade. $3k rebate and hard negotiating!

Owned an '03 Murano until last spring. 109k mi - alternator replaced under recall and wheel bearings at 90k mi were the only repairs. Great car!
    :)
  • vplatvplat Member Posts: 1
    Used truecar.com, hassle free, haggle free. No negotiation needed. So Cal region.
    Picked one up. I think I got great deal so I thought to share:

Truecar price:
    $22870 + tx/lic = $25196 out the door (if choose rebate option)
    $22870 + tx/lic = $25196 + $3000 (rebate) = $28196 out the door (if you choose 0% for 60 months)
  • saabpilotsaabpilot Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    There must be a manufacture to dealer rebate in CA. I'm in Texas. There were 20-60 '11 Muranos at each dealer around here and I negotiated hard, walked out of two dealers. $24100 was the best anyone would do. $28052 invoice-$3000 rebate-~$900 under invoice. $26000 even otd with ttl
    Does anyone know incentives on 2011 Murano for the Month of November?
  • tjlandgrebetjlandgrebe Member Posts: 1
    looking at leasing a 2011 sl AWD, with navigation... deal as of now is MSRP $40795, price is right around $36800, residual is 47%($19200), money factor is .00005, 39 month lease, $1000 down, payment is $428. good deal????? i'd like to get the price to $35000-35500 and get the payment to around $400. what do you think
    Finally...

Just bought 2011 LE Black on Black AWD with Bumper Protector, Mats and Splash Guard. $33750+TTL includes $2500 cash back.
  • yawdburdyawdburd Member Posts: 1
    Dealer offered a 2012 Pearl White Murano SV for $29900 (not including 8% tax and $250 title and license). Extras include illuminated door sills, roof rack cross bars, mats, and splash guards. Will be trading in, hoping to get $2400-$2800. Any thoughts on if this is a fair deal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • ctepbactepba Member Posts: 3
    After shopping around got 2011 Murano SV with carpet mats, roof rack cross bars, splash guards and bumper protector for $27,500. Only thing on top is doc fee of $299, title $350 and taxes. Looks like $8400 under MSRP and a bit over $5500 off the invoice. It's the end of the year. The deals seem to be getting better on the '11's
    Where did you get it?
    New Jersey
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Hmmm, no 2011s left at my local dealership here in Texas... :confuse:
    They can locate from the global dealer inventory. Usually 100-200 miles is not an issue. We have a ton here. I assume yours will be a FWD. Mine is an AWD. You should be targeting somewhere around $26,500.
  • caseyloucaseylou Member Posts: 1
    Are you close to the LA line. I just got a 2009 LE for 25k, not bad considering the KBB is 29something.... They had a '11 SL with 8k miles on it for 30k.

Lake Charles, LA Nissan
  • dieseldan9dieseldan9 Member Posts: 19
    trying to buy a 2011 SV in Mass bottom line so far is 28,500 but looking into getting the 500 finance cash to make 28,000

let ya know how I do
  • wa_murano_wa_murano_ Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a new Nissan Murano 2011 SV AWD in western Washington. This was among the last 2011 murano in the area. I'd love to know what you guys think of the deal:

Invoice of Nissan Murano 2011 SV AWD:
    =========
    Invoice amt = 31740
    Destination = 810
    Advertising fee = 300
    Total before options = 32850

Options:
    ========
    Retractable Cargo Cover = 194
    Floor Mats & Carpeted Cargo Mat = 147
    Splash Guard = 110
    Rail roof cross bar = 152
    Illuminated door = 256
    Rear Bumper Protector = 79
    Options Total = 938

Deductions:
    ===========
    Nissan VPP = 150
    Dealer Discount = 2800
    Cash Rebate = 3000
    NMAC Loan Discount = 500

Total Discount = 6400

Final taxable Price = (32850 + 938) - 2800 - 150 = 30838
    Tax = 9.6% = 2960.5
    = 33798.448
    -3500 (Cash Rebate and NMAC loan discount)
    =====================

+ 202 (Title and registration)
    + 150 doc fee
    ===============
    30650.45 (On Road price)

He also threw in an extra key fob as a part of the deal.

So what do you guys think?
  • zman_txzman_tx Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    After much bargaining across multiple dealers in Texas, I bought my 2011 Murano LE - Platinum Graphite with wheel locks, mats (trunk included), bumper protector, cargo cover, splash guards, roof racks for $31,495 + TTL from Round Rock Nissan in Texas. It was the last 2011 LE they had.
  • warpedmindwarpedmind Member Posts: 2
    thats awesome...i saw an 11 LE advertised around here (MD) for 34K...too bad its a few k out of my budget. Though I do have an offer for 31K (All fees/tax/tag included) for an 11 SV. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on that.

The SV comes with the cargo cover, carpet mats, splash guards and crossbar. Sticker is 35K (before freight).

What do everyone think? Good deal/bad deal? I will be using regular financing, so i will take the 3K rebate.

Thx for the help.
    Post the price without taxes (TTL) and we can help you. Without that there's no comparison possible.
  • warpedmindwarpedmind Member Posts: 2
    sorry about that. The price before everything is 27900.
    Its a 11 Murano SV AWD with: Splash shield, Retractable cargo cover, carpet mat, and cross bar.

Thx.
  • szwszw Member Posts: 1
    I am in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and leaning towards a 2011 or 12 Nissan Murano SL. Ideally, I would like to have all of the standard options as well as a leather interior and sunroof.

Can anyone tell me what would be the best price I can negotiate for? (I have a nice '05 Lincoln Aviator, with all of the "whistles and bells", that I will use for trade-in....)

Thanks!

~S
  • carjimcarjim Member Posts: 155
    For the lowest price, always start with how much above invoice and never how much off from MSRP. You can get the invoice from many sources, including Edmunds I believe. Since you are also in the DFW area, there are two Nissan dealers that have good reputations that I have heard about. Courtesy Nissan and Soutwest Nissan. This is word of mouth. I have not purchased from either.
  • ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Folks in TX can figure out how much above or below invoice they want to pay and then send internet requests for their vehicles to dealerships all over the state. Odds are someone will meet or beat your best expectations. I started in AUS - no one would deal. Sent 10 dealerships in Houston my request and bam! I had a new Murano. Don't settle for a city when there are so many alternatives. Sure, you'll have to drive to pick up the car (don't forget Carmax for the trade - this worked for me too - my winning dealership beat Carmax's quote) but it's worth it if you can save $1K or more. Good luck.
  • scion111scion111 Member Posts: 16
    Hi all! Just took delivery of my 2012 Murano LE. All seems fine, except the intermittent wipers don't work! When you push the wiper lever down one click (to intermittent setting) the wipers just go "on" (as if you pushed the lever down another notch to the "on" setting). Turning the sensitivity dial does nothing.

Was at dealer this AM and they could not find the problem. Need to leave it next week for a full day for diagnosis - for a car with 70 miles on it?!

Anybody experience something similar? I've had several Murano's (last was a 2010) and never had a problem with wipers.

Dealer: http://route22nissan.com/
    Hillside, NJ
  • rdkingrdking Member Posts: 12
    On the LE, the intermittent setting is actually the rain sensing setting. It only sweeps when there is sufficient moisture on the windshield. It sounds like the rain sensor is faulty. If there is no moisture on the windshield, the wiper doesn't sweep at all in the intermittent mode.
  • cptcmpostcptcmpost Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2012
    A local dealer is offering a 2012 SL FWD for $30,800 before taxes. Not sure if it includes doc fee, but that is a max of $155 here due to law.

What do you guys think?
  • msr2msr2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have below offers. Pls let me know if they are good and if I should press the BUY button

1) 2011 Murano LE AWD - 33,999+420(taxes, doc, title)
    2) 2012 Murano LE AWD - 34,999+320(taxes, doc, title) .

Both black and latter has splash guards, floor mat and cross rail bars. But I am not suer if these are standard in OR.

Thank you again.
    If you go http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html here, how does it compare to those deals, with the same equipment spec?
  • atlanta12atlanta12 Member Posts: 1
    2012 Murano LE

Sticker Price: $42,600
    TrueCar Mkt Avg: $37,941
    TrueCar Dealer Cost $36,218

Cash Price: $37063.62
    Rebate: $2000.00
    Balance: $35063.62

Customer Service Fee: $599.00
    Sales Tax: $2216.38
    Title Fee: $18.00
    Lemon Law Fee: $3.00
    Drive Out Price: $37,900

"Options" Include:
    Platinum Package
    Splash Guards
    Roof Rails
    Front/Rear/Cargo Carpet Mats
    Cargo Carver
    Illuminated Door Sills
  • ihatevt2ihatevt2 Member Posts: 8
    What is a good price for a Murano SL in Dallas? What is the best delear to buy from? Which delears dont add pin stripes, I cant stand them.
  • bob225bob225 Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for this link. Gave me 3 good dealerships willing to deal.

Just bought a 2012 LE AWD Platinum Edition
    Car mats
    Splash guards

MSRP - 43,435

- 1,500 rebate
    - 1,000 holiday cash

37,435 with dealer discount

trade 2010 Murano LE with Nav

+ 299 dealer fee's
    + 5% TAX

Very easy dealer to work with. No push to finance in and out took about an hour.
  • dannygal66dannygal66 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I just bought from CarMax an 09 SL Murano with Navigation, beige leather seats, sunroof/moonroof, power/heated seats, etc. I purchased for $24,998 from Carmax. I really wanted to haggle that price to at least $22,500 or $23,000. Of course i wanted to get a really good deal. I had decided to purchase this Murano, even though I know they dont deal/haggle, because i have looked extensively in my area, even traveled up to 2-3 hrs to other cities to look in past several months.....I really wanted a grey metallic murano with beige leather...its stinkin hot here in Ks, so black interior WAS not gonna work!! When i found this one.....I felt it was good for me.

I've wanted a Murano for 3-4 yrs now. I had driven a 99 suburban for 10 yrs with mileage around 11 in city to 14-15 highway.

Im more than disappointed in the mileage Ive received so far. The FIRST tank of gas that Carmax filled up for me when i bought.....according to the mileage on computer I got about 10.3mpg.....My heart, gut just felt awful...as my husband was expecting much better mileage and I as well. I am getting bit better now, but I have REALLY watched my driving LOTS...feel like Im driving like a granny to 'see' if i can get better mileage....accumilative now, is about 15-17...with approx 45% hiway, & 55% city driving.

Also....had my front windows tinted by a friends husband who has done tinting.....evidently he used some old aftermarket film which creates a mirrored effect when sun hits dash & reflects onto window...so when looking out side mirrors...HUGE distraction, visibility of side outside mirrors are extremely skewed!! Anyone else have THAT problem??

Needless to say....Im a bit more disappointed in my purchase than i ever thought i would be!!!

Scale of 1-5.....Im about 3.5-3.7.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    edited July 2012
    I really wanted a grey metallic murano with beige leather...its stinkin hot here in Ks, so black interior WAS not gonna work!!

I live in Texas and a beige leather is not gonna be any cooler in the summer than black leather...plus it will show the dirt. etc a heckuva lot more. Of course, I wouldn't get leather in the first place anyway.... ;)
  • deputydog1214deputydog1214 Member Posts: 5
    Anybody out there looking at the 2012 Nissan Murano SL or have one? Any pros or cons you have discovered? Thanks for your tips.
    LE 2WD just purchased - $34495 price with Platinum, splash guards, floor mats. $3500 in Nissan rebates.

No dealer fees (no "inventory fee", no "documentation fee"), just the required legal taxes. Add taxes and it's $36k and change.

Didn't buy warranty or anything else; Santa Clara Nissan has the best prices / $0 deductible that I've seen. 8/100k is $1450-ish so I may jump on that.

SL + Navi + Splash guards + floor mats is $33450 from same dealer.
    Looking more and more at Nissan Gold $0 ded. warranties. Anyone have any better pricing than what Santa Clara Nissan has?
  • tdamischtdamisch Member Posts: 7
    Greetings,

I was disappointed when researching to find thenlackmof submissions here, so here is doing my part. I purchased a 2012 SL AWD with mats and splash guards in the Denver area last Friday night for the following:

MSRP 39565
    Discount 9000
    Net Price 30565
    Dlr Fee 500
    Final Price 31065

I had to finance almost 20k of this from Nissan to receive the deal which included 3000 in publicized rebates, at a rate of 5%. It will be interesting to see how quickly we can get refinanced to a lower rate and see if the $500 finance rebate was worth it. The dealers in the front range were far apart on offers via email and phone. $7000 off MSRP was easy to obtain from most. Getting the extra two took some work. I used fitzmall online pricing as a gauge. Dealer's finance guy tried to fleece me though, as always. He added some safeguard nonsense, the dlr fee and incorrect sales tax, and then tried to sell the warranty. What a fraud. The deal was good though, and the car rocks. Hope this helps someone, good luck dealing!