Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Funny how this works. There are 6 Nissan dealers in my area. One will sell them 400 to 600 over invoice and he is the number one dealer in a whole region out of 200 and the other guys want way more and they not selling any. Plus the more you sell the more they allocate. I am going back Monday to finalize at 300 over invoice better than usual as I am getting one in stock rather than dealer trade-- and get free paint sealant and fabric guard which most dealers add on at about 495.00.

Comments

• ppowerppower Member Posts: 93
    The best I have seen is $200 over invoice.

Ppower
  • al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    St. Louis area. Very happy with purchase. They would rather sell 5 a week at discount than 1 a month at full price or minimum discount. Saved another 100.00 from earlier deal of 300 over. Bought one that I originally did not think I would and they did not have to do dealer trade so they encouraged me a little with 100 more dollars off and that was enough.
  • qbkila99qbkila99 Member Posts: 5
    I went with a 4yr/12K sign and drive lease. $543 a month includes tax. It's an SE AWD with everything but navigation. Sheer silver metallic with charcoal leather. I took delivery without shelling out a dime. The dealership also paid the last two lease payments on my GMC Envoy. $760. I also got a check for $50 as an internet promo gift. Not sure if this is "great deal" or not. I could have shopped a bit more. I had looked at 4runners and Pathfinders before the Murano caught my eye.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    What dealer did you go to in St. Louis?
  • qbkila99qbkila99 Member Posts: 5
    I went to a dealer in Clearwater, Fl.
    Steve Colsworthy is the one I talked to as my salesman was moving out of town that week and he helped out. He is the new car sales manager so he may have a salesman help you.
    While waiting for my deal to be finalized I had one salesman there tell me that he had people call and just ask him for a color and if they had it---to save it for them and they came in and just paid for it without negotiating. He compared it to what happens at very up scale dealerships maybe Rolls Royce or Bentley or something I cannot think of who else would do that.
    I think he thought I was real naive or maybe there really are people that do that. If you happen to get anyone that starts with that line you might interrrupt him real fast and tell him you know they have been sold from 200 to 600 over invoice. I think I wore them down at the end of the month and got 200 over. They charge a 99.00 document fee which I did not hassle over. I know upfront that dealerships charge this so I do not gripe about it. If that bothers me then I just try to get that extra 99 or 79 or whatever reduced from invoice. I am not going to walk away from a deal for 99.00 after I have spent all that time negotiating and driving etc. That averages to about 9 cents a day over 3 years.
    I should have added that they were great to work with and doubt that I wore them down at all that would not be a fair portrait of how they do business. They were very professional no pressure and offered to do multiple searches for vehicles that I wanted and did not have in stock. They located a Sunlit Copper for me and called and found they could do a dealer trade but decided that color was not for me. They beat Carmax which is often mentioned as a great place to buy. You will have a great experience there.
  • mmuranommurano Member Posts: 5
    SL AWD, Sheer Silver with Cold Package, Leather, Sun Roof, Cargo Area, Splash, Carpeted Floor Mats, Premium Package, MSRP $34,880, TMV $35,043, what I paid $33,600 PLUS 4.19% interest from Bank One...sweet.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    email me and let me know what you think about the vehicle. thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Tell us all, so we'll all know.

But better to post your review on the Nissan Murano discussion.

Steve, Host
  • workinclassdogworkinclassdog Member Posts: 20
    Ok - took the plunge and closed my deal this week.

Polished Pewter/Charcoal Leather SL with AWD, Fully Loaded incl NAV, Splash Guards, Cargo Mat, & Floor Mats... got it for $34,839 - total of 1200 over dealer invoice. It includes the Cold Pkg for no charge, as it was one of the early shipment.
  • cirisancirisan Member Posts: 4
    Iam the proud owner of a Murano SL AWD Beautiful shiny copper with dark charcol interior and we love it. I was going for the blue until I saw the copper and it just glistend. We got the cold pkg, leather pkg, and popular pkg. MSRP was around 34700 and Ivoice was 3134.
    After a long 4 hour ordeal we bought the Murano for 35,500. out the door including liscense and tax. About 1100.00 over invoice. They first took the position of only giving us 200.00 off MSRP and we laughed.This is great for expensive CA. Half this time was wheeling and dealing about our trade in. We got over 1,000 over KBB on our 99 Odyssey van that was in beautiful cond. Thank you Edmonds , Kelly Blue Book for all the information I needed to score this great Deal. Your right about keeping trade in and nagotiating your new car TWO seperate deals completely.
    PS. Can someone let me know if its ok to use regular unleaded in this car instead of Premium?
    I only have 500 miles on mine but filled up with Regular first time and then Premium second time see very little difference in mpg and it ran fine on regular. I will go back to regular after this tank of premium. You need some substantial increase in mpg to pay for difference in Premium and you might not get any more or not enough. Car manual says 87 octane is fine. I am sure others have had different experiences so try for your self there is probably not a best plan for everybody but I can say for myself it ran fine on regular 87 octane. My mpg has been around 21.5 with 50/50 city highway.
  • jxlxrjxlxr Member Posts: 61
    Just picked up Copper/Charcoal SE AWD for $1000 over invoice. No haggle (well, maybe a little early on) and the $1000 over would have been for anyone I wanted. I originally wanted Nav. but elected not to splurge.
  • polomanpoloman Member Posts: 5
    Workingclassdog,

Which dealer did you buy from in Central NJ? I am also looking at dealers in Central NJ. I am talking to Acme and Haldeman Nissan.

Poloman
    Go to Acme and work with them - I got my deal by contacting them from the Nissan website... then emailing back and forth with the sales manager until he agreed to quote me how low he would go before I went to the dealership.

The sales manager there is a nice guy... my deal was very no-pressure... I'm taking delivery Friday night!

WCD
  • bgeguybgeguy Member Posts: 4
    just got a Glacier Pearl SL AWD - Cabernet with Premium, Leather, Sunroof from Carmax for $32,200. Interestingly, I tried to use Carmax's no-haggle price as a start to negotiate with other local Baltimore Dealers, but none wanted to budge. So I went with Carmax. Overall, Carmax was about $2,300 below MSRP. Hope this helps.
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    I finally pulled the trigger on the Murano this afternoon and ordered:

SE AWD Sheer Silver/Charcoal Leather
    Popular Pkg
    Cold Pkg
    Dynamic Control Pkg
    Navigation
    Towing Pkg
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    MSRP $38,592
    Invoice $34,624
    Price $35,813 +TTL
    3.4% over invoice
    7.2% off MSRP
    Delivery within 60 Days

Easy deal, Using the quote I had from CarMax ($35k) as a starting point with local dealer(s).

First dealer came down to $36,125, second one got the order at $35,813. Heck, the airfare to DC would have cost me a couple of hundred easy and the gas, hotels, and 2-3 days away from work to drive back isn't worth the $400 I would have saved.

Is it May 1st Yet?
  • dbb_841dbb_841 Member Posts: 4
    AWD SE: Popular Pkg, Cold Pkg, Floor Mats, Splash Guards; Sunlit Copper / Cabernet; MSRP about $34,800.

Paid 33,000.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    i noticed that several posters said they purchased the murano with the tow package. my understanding is that for $500+++, all you get is the receiver and ball mount. no wiring, trans cooler, etc. can anyone confirm. thanks.
  • balithaibalithai Member Posts: 14
    I've just recently started considering a Murano. Edmund's doesn't have the invoice info yet. Where did you guys find that info? Also - the ad's for the Murano talk about an optional DVD entertainment system (not the navi system) and it is mentioned on Edmund's. But the Nissan website doesn't mention it. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Go to "the other" pricing site, starts with a K ends with a B and has a B in the middle. Last time I posted another site I received an ugly warning not to ever do it again under penalty of death. There will be a DVD system with late availability. Maybe spring or summer, no announcement as of yet.
  • balithaibalithai Member Posts: 14
    Thanks!!
  • baataboombaataboom Member Posts: 23
    We've just agreed to purchase a dealer trade (i.e. they'll swap one of their vehicles with an out-of-state dealer). Invoice for the SL AWD w/Leather, Premium, Cold (not invoiced), NAV, Dynamic, Floor Mats, Cargo Protector, and Mud Guards was $33,339, MSRP $37,131. We're paying $33,339 + $700 + $266 (doc fee, ha, must be paying a caligrapher!). We'll add the tow hitch locally. It was tough finding the exact vehicle we wanted (gold/caffe, AWD, w/ all the options). There were several in MD (too far) and one escaped in Knoxville. The remote dealer was also rather picky about the swapped vehicle.
    I actually found the vehicle 360 miles away using the search tool on nissanusa.com. After a short discussion with them I didn't want to try to do a long distance deal ("we only offer $1000 over invoice to employee's relatives!"). So I hooked them up with the local dealer. Apparently they couldn't _see_ this vehicle in their search.

The local dealer also had the exact same vehicle except in 2WD on the lot. They called me offering $200 over invoice (last month they wanted $700 over). We don't have an obvious need for AWD, but it's a rather inexpensive option (and in the end should have some resale value). Besides, the vehicle _looks_ like an AWD.

This price was negotiated separately from my wife's trade-in (Honda 1998 Civic). In the end they wanted an additional $200 for the lost value in her car (we've been 'looking' for the exact vehicle for several weeks). I told them we would walk. They asked to split the difference. We said no. The vehicle should arrive Wed.

I then asked for the following:
    - No dealer advert on the vehicle
    - Turn off the auto-delay on the headlights
    - Reduce the tire pressure to 34 before driving it here (I've seen them as high as 50!) (No, there's no flatbed involved!).

In the end this was a pretty low stress event, though I must admit to being tweaked by their last-minute $200 attempt.

By no means do I think this was a great deal especially with the _doc_ fee. But we were satisfied.

We had considered carmax.com in Greenville, NC. But would have to order one. They offered ~$400 over invoice and $99 (apparently a junior caligrapher). We didn't want the wait. BTW I've notice their posted prices have been pretty wacky lately.

We also considered a low end FX35. Wow! what a vehicle. But it doesn't have the interior space that the Murano has. It was even difficult to put our childseat in the back. This is more like a morphed sports car. There will probably be a lot of these type vehicles in the future. Infiniti offered $400 off list immediately.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Please note that dealer participation is voluntary and it would be prudent to contact dealership of choice and find out if they will sell the Murano via VPP. Good Luck. :)
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    I'd consider holding off a bit. Nissan dealers love to stick it to each other. My guesstimate would be that in two months the Grem...er, Murano, will go right at invoice.
  • email77email77 Member Posts: 27
    I just pick up my silver Murano SE AWD last week.the only thing I didn't get is the NAV, got all other toys. My price is $44,500CAN plus G.S.T.
    only no other fees at all. Am I getting a good deal? I think so. because I bought it at the end of the month. each dealer need to sale 50 new Nissan a month, so if you go at the end of the month, try make a offer at low. if you are number 49 or 50, I am quite sure you got a good deal.
    I had previously posted a price of $700 + 266 (doc fee) over invoice for a fully loaded Murano. In the end they gave us back the $700 because we had asked for, expected, and been told it included the <free> Cold Pkg. It didn't. After a grueling 'chat', they brought it down to invoice + $266 doc. (Believe it or not they later claimed to have misinterpreted the deal and asked for an additional $200).
    Final: invoice + $266, though it was not worth all the effort, I could have spent my time more constructively elsewhere.
    Sadly, I recommend you avoid Regal Nissan in Huntsville. I generally recogize when I'm being "good buddy'd", but my sales guy simply lied about several things (not worth repeating) and later denied it in front of his manager and the finance folks. I'm glad to be done with them. Can't wait for the Customer Service questionaire.

But I love the Murano, and the nav is great. I would have considered the nav more of a gee-wiz item, but have since found considerable value in it.
  • dpctdpct Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an Sunlit copper SL AWD With Nav ( which also means everything else) Sticker was $37,200 I paid $34,00. Good trick is to watch the dealers inventory on the web. (link from NissanUSA.com) If it's been there for a while, they are more motivated to get rid of it. I knew mine had been there over a month ( I've heard the Nav system is not a big mover). Since it can effect the purchase price, I traded in a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix that was not in mint condition and got 6K for it, which was right around the trade price listed here at Edmunds. All in all, seemed to be a good deal.

I've had it for a week and absolutely love it. Nav system was just a toy I wanted, but have already found it really useful.
    Carmax is currently at approximately $500 under invoice on Muranos. I think it is a limited promotion.
  • psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    the carmax promotion ends on the 14th of this month. check it out guys. they are offering $1000 off their listed price. On some models it works out as much $700 below invoice
    Yishin...

I'd take the 1000 over invoice - I paid 1200 over invoice a month ago, and at the time it was the lowest I could get any dealer to go, including Flemington.

Where in Cent NJ are you? If you're closer to South Brunswick, try Acme Nissan and let them know the price you have, they'll likely beat it - the sales manager there is a great guy and hooked me up with my deal.

Let me know how you do -

WCD
  • uncledaviduncledavid Member Posts: 548
    Many states have a laws requiring a "cooling off period" where loas are involved. Unless you are paying in cash, you have 30 - 60 days to void a deal. So, I suspect you can still get the check back.
  • delguydelguy Member Posts: 43
    Keep in mind that the invoice price listed on the Carmax website is about $500 high in most cases. The best deal I was able to find was right at real invoice price. Still it's a bargain.
  • yishinyishin Member Posts: 6
    Delguy:

That is a good observation. I notice that as well. Is the deal you mentioned from carmax or from local dealer?
  • delguydelguy Member Posts: 43
    I was talking about the Carmax deal. I have yet to start the haggling process at my local dealer.
  • bbenson5bbenson5 Member Posts: 10
    There was an add in the paper for leasing a murano for 1/2 off of MSRP which came to about 15200. This deal was a 0 down included tax and license + a years worth of free gas ($900). The payments for 2 years would be $635. This deal sounds awful to me but it was advertised as some great deal. Am I missing something?
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Anybody who falls for that deal should be taken out back and whipped lol. That is for the truly sad people out there.
  • zork4zork4 Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a murano sl (fwd) this w-end. Agreed on $400 over invoice but on the invoice was a merchandising fee of $485. I know about advertizing fees and did not want to pay this but they said it's part of their costs and it was on the actual invoice. Any comments?
  • texamau1texamau1 Member Posts: 42
    I just look,bought & pickup a silver Murano SL AWD (all with in 2 hours, I initially just want to check out the car) with NAV, SL premium pkg, leather pkg, cold pkg, Dynamic ctrl, sun roof, splash guard, mats, cargo protector all for $250 below invoice. Is this a good price for it?? my wife keep wondering why the dealer willing to sell a car below invoice...any advice? (I'm a returning customer, just bought 02 patherfinder @ the same dealer in Aug 02).
    The price above/below invoice gets too confusing but the MSRP and the prices paid before TTL should be pretty comparable.

Would you please post the MSRP of the vehicle you bought and the price you paid before Tax-Title-License fees?

Thanks,
  • zork4zork4 Member Posts: 6
    i got the sl (fwd) no options since it's difficult to buy stand alone options. to get leather you need to buy everything else- they need to improve how they price their options. anyway: MSRP sl (fwd) including dest, carpeted floor mats, cargo area mat is $28887. I paid
    $27026 excluding TTL. i thought i got a good deal but if someone is buying at or below invoice that's really good. like the car- don't regret the purchase at all- but i have only had it for 3 days.
    The only place I heard of for selling Murano below invoice is carmax. How is that possible that dealer is willing to sell it below invoice price on this car since it is a new model? Does dealer get incentive or hold back from Nissan?
    If the MSRP was $28,887, that makes the invoice price $26,144.

http://www.digitalcars.com

If you paid $27,026 (+TTL) then you got $1,861 off of MSRP or about 6.4% off. That is a good deal on a basic (no options) Murano as they are not widely available.

Your price is $882 over the dealers invoice price.
    Here are the detail of my Murano: SL, AWD,with NAV, SL premium pkg, leather pkg, cold pkg, Dynamic ctrl, sun roof, splash guard, mats, cargo protector. Final price I paid $35900.78, this included TTL, & all the fees. I think the reason I got such a good deal because this Murano mfg date is Nov, 2002 and been on the dealer lot since Jan 28 03, and it's not the color of my choice. :( My wife wanted blue & cafe interior, and I'm a return customer {got my '02 Pathfinder @ invoice in Aug 02)
    texamau1, thanks for the additional info, but it's still difficult to compare your price to others. Why not simply list the MSRP and invoice prices for the vehicle (including destination chrg)? Then show your cost without the addtional tax, title, doc. fees. Since these additional fees/addons vary even more than the car prices, why not list them separately.
    Ex.
    Features: SL AWD, Nav ...
    MSRP (incl. dest): $xx,xxx
    Invoice (incl. dest): $xx,xxx
    Price (excluding the following): $xx,xxx
    Tax: $x,xxx
    Title: $xx
    Doc: $xxx

Sometimes dealers attempt to stuff additional $$, like marketing or market adjustment, into their 'invoice' prices. Separating things out makes it easy to draw comparisons.
    Mark
    baataboom,
    Here's the break down of my Murano:
    Features: SL AWD, Nav ...
    MSRP (incl. dest): $37699
    Invoice (incl. dest): $33817
    Price (excluding the following): $33567
    Tax: $2032.02
    Title: $121
    Doc: $99
    Market Advertise:$300
  • geenancegeenance Member Posts: 7
    We just bought our Murano (base SL-AWD; no sunroof). I tried to negotiate a good price here in London, Ontario, but the dealer wasn't willing to be aggressive.

We phoned dealers in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area and they all sounded like they were willing to deal. Bought our vehicle for C$37,000 + PDI (vs. MSRP of $39,500).

We pick it up on Saturday!
  • smokerisersmokeriser Member Posts: 14
    I think, no I know, that we got a great deal on our Murano. We got the premium,leather and cold package with the cargo mat and floor mats for $31300.00. The dealer is NJ. If you want there name please feel free to email me.
    Good deal! Is that a AWD? What is the MSRP for your Murano? $34822? The invice price for SL AWD w. premium, leather, cold package is $31387. Did the dealer charge you any extra other than TTL?

Would you mind to post it out where this dealer is in NJ?