Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 GMC Sierra

Comments

• jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    Has anyone purchased the new GM bed rail caps (part # 12496453) I would like to know what they look like conpared to the factory installed ones on the sportside model or do they look like regular bed liner material, do they have stakehole covers?
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    I have these bed rail protectors on order. My brother has these protectors on his truck ('99 Reg. Cab 4WD short box fleetside). The protectors fit well, if you look at the fleetside box you will notice a line just below the top of the rail. At that line, that's where the bed rail protectors end. There is plugs on both stake holes. The protectors look just like the sportside models.
    rcoos
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    This is good to know. Has your brother mentioned if they expand and buckle up in the heat of the day? Is there a trick to install? I figure with double stick tape, you have one chance to get it right. Have you heard that the caps are on back order?
  • gnippergnipper Member Posts: 120
    Does anyone here have a 2000 Solid Black 1500 Z71 SLT with wheel flares? I have ordered one and was guaranteed from the dealer that the wheel flares would be painted to match the truck. I am now hearing conflicting information.

I have looked for one on the road and haven't found it yet. I have confirmed that the Silverado 1500 Solid Black indeed has the flat black wheel flares (not painted) on it from the factory and all aftermarket are apparently also flat black plastic. But I'm hoping and have been told that GMC wheel flares on a half ton on solid black are painted to match the truck. Can anyone confirm or deny this from an actual sighting?

Thanks.
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    Re:#391
    My brother had his protectors installed with double sided tape & the caps are not flexing!

As far as back orders? I have been told by my dealership that there is no problem with any of the GM accessories that I have ordered.

Re:#392

As far as I know, the wheel flares are not painted if Black is selected. The wheel flares will come in flat black.
    rcoos
  • tallgrasstallgrass Member Posts: 4
    When will the 4th door become available on the 2500 in a 4wd? I also understand there is problems with the new 4 doors ext. cab 1500. vibrations and wind seem to be a problem.
    Any experience with it.
  • rdve80rdve80 Member Posts: 139
    It's true, satisfied owners probably don't post as much as they could. Last week I made a 450mi roundtrip in my y2k 4dr Chevy 1500 LS. It was the first long drive that I have made. On the outbound run, I averaged 75mph and hit 85mph at times. This was with a headwind/crosswind of about 30mph. There was no vibration. With the radio off, there was no wind noise around the windshield or the doors. There was a little wind noise around the camper mirrors, but I could easily still hear the tire hum as well and neither was a problem. At one point with a full crosswind, there was a slight whistle that most likely was from the windshield wipers. It's a great truck.

Larry
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    It was after an explosive wind gust in the Texas panhandle that my windshield developed an air leak. It has made a sound like tape flapping on the glass, close to the A-pillar, ever since, until I sealed it, silicone for a permanent fix, vinyl electrical tape for a temporary fix.

When and IF this develops, you'll know it.
    The thing that disturbs me the most is that I had ordered a 1500 4wd 4 door ext cab last Fall. I was told they would not be built until late March so if I wanted to trade, I should get a 3 door. Since I had a 99 3 door, I really wanted the 4th. On the 2nd of January I traded and got the 3 door model, only to learn that GM converted to production of the 4 door model on the 4th of Jan. On the day I traded, I was told by my dealer and they by GM that March was still the target date. This seems to be a poor way to run any business and now, we can't get a straight answer on the 2500 series in a 4 wd. Why can a company so large not get marketing and production figured out? It is becoming harder to be loyal. Every other mfg, even the foreign ones, have found a way to put 4 doors in a pickup. And while I am at it, how about some new colors. That's it for now, I have to go for a drive in my 3 door model.
    doug
    Doug,
    Unless you were in direct contact with GM, the dealer has much of the blame. Either the dealer didn't know what was happening at GM , or didn't have allocations to get access to 4dr. trucks as soon as they would be available. True, there is some uncertainty about new model availability, but there were messages on this forum before 1/2/99 of customers already receiving 4dr. trucks. Others, like myself had trucks being built. I asked my dealer on 11/24 if 4dr. orders would be accepted by GM and was told yes. He followed that with an order number on 12/5. If one dealer knows in November that a vehicle can be ordered and another doesn't have the same info in January, I'm not sure that it's GM's fault.
  • st33st33 Member Posts: 3
    Dispite many of the problems I've read here, I'm still considering the purchase of a 2000 SLE x-cab with autotrac. Does anyone know of any problems with autotrac (or with the tow/haul mode). Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    functions that actually works.
  • jerobbinsjerobbins Member Posts: 48
    I've never had any problems with Autotrac on my 2000 Silverado Z71. After having driven with it in the snow and ice I'd never get another vehicle without it. 4Hi is fine some of the time, but you sacrifice handling with it on. With Autotrac, I can get the handling of 2wd with the safety of 4wd when I need it.
  • powerisfunpowerisfun Member Posts: 358
    I was just looking on www.gmpowertrain.com at the
    torque curves for the 4.8L and the 5.3L. I had
    looked at them once before when the '99's were
    still in production and the peak numbers were
    lower. In fact I printed them out at that time.
    Now, comparing to the new updated 2000 engines
    torque curves, I see a pretty drastic difference in the 5.3L, and I'm not sure it's for the better.
    If you have a '99 with a 5.3L or a 4.8L and are
    regretting (and/or resenting) not getting the
    2000's more horsepower, stop it. The '99's
    actually have quite a bit more torque and
    horsepower up until 3000 rpm (normal driving for
    most people). Only above 3000 rpm do the 2000's
    start to shine. I have no idea why GM would have
    made that change. They tuned the new 5.3L to be
    more like a sportscar engine, which is fine if you
    bought your truck to race, but not so great
    otherwise. The new 4.8L is also changed similarly
    but not nearly as drastically.
    Is there anyone out there that has owned both
    the '99 and the 2000 with the 5.3L? Did you notice a difference in the low-end power? If one can believe the torque curves, it should be quite
    noticeable.

If you'd like to see the '99 torque curves and
    compare them to the new ones on gmpowertrain.com,
    email me and I'll send you scanned in photos of
    the '99 torque curves. I don't have a webpage yet
    (working on it), but if someone else wants to put
    them on theirs, that would be great. I have to
    leave now, but I'll be back later this evening.

-powerisfun

P.S. I'm not trying to stir things up here. If
    you own a 2000 with 5.3L (or just ordered one), you alone can tell whether it has the torque profile that fits you. There's a lot to love about a high-revving engine, but I just thought I'd let the '99 owners know that they're not necessarily missing anything (and may perhaps be better off depending on their usage).
  • grtmtnclmr2grtmtnclmr2 Member Posts: 3
    Just got word that the sierra I ordered on 1/31/00
    had just got built on 3/13/00. It should be at dealer within a couple of weeks. It's a little scary that it was built in a monday & on the 13th. Gmc customer service could not tell me where it was built. I live in wisconsin, does any know where they build the trucks for this area? Does the area matter where you live as to where they might build them? The lady at gmc thought it might be in Flint, Mi. but that was only a guess. Any one ordering is looking for about an 8 week wait at this point, which is pretty good.
    I don't have a clue how they decide which plant either. I really assumed that different plants were set up to build different body styles, reg cab vs xtnd cab, 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive etc. The only two plants I had heard of were the Canada plant and the Michigan plant and all trucks were coming from there. I ordered on Feb 21, and have been given a build date of 3/20 (next week) and they told me it would be built in Wentzville, MO. I had never heard of that one, but I'm in Dallas and it is closer, so better for me on shipping time.

As well I know there is a "truck plant" in Arlington, TX, but I think they build the Tahoe, Yukon and Surburban. Anyway, if it is built in MO and it is shipped right away (2 weeks is the longest I've heard of for shipping) I could see it before the weekend of April 8th. That would make it 7 weeks from order to delivery. Not that bad really.

The real kicker here is I read an article over the weekend, I can't remember which magazine - it was on a plane, and GM says they are working toward purchasing agreements and suppliers and shippers so that they could do a 4 DAY turn around on a build to order vehicle. They would cut stock way back and most all vehicles would become custom, select your options, order, build, ship, in a weeks time frame. That would be service.

With all of the Internet Procurement deals going on, I would like to think this could become reality, but I'll wait to see.

Greg
  • mikespike1mikespike1 Member Posts: 2
    does anybody have a pace edwards retractable hard tonneau? if so how do they work? i'm looking into that or the fold-a-cover hard tonneau
    excellent retracting cover. Fits well, water resistant, and low maintenance. Had mine on '00 Silverado since August 1999 and no problems.
  • st33st33 Member Posts: 3
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but...

From what I've been reading lately, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if GM finally got their vibration problems fixed for the 2000 Sierra model. It seems that most of the vibration problems have been on the 1999s. Anyone know if the 2000 1500 Sierras have the same number of vibration problems??? Is it just the 1500 or does the 2500 also have it??? Thought I read a fix date of March somewhere??? Any info would help. Thanks.
    with the same vibrations. Vibrations mostly limited to 1500 series, but have heard of about two 2500 with the same problems. Fix date of March is an imaginary target date as it was also September and November 1999. It's true most vibration problems were on 1999 but a lot did carry over to 2000. What's spooky is that it may test drive great but vibrations showing up at 300 or 700 miles; well into your ownership. It appears that there is no one "fix" as there are different solutions posted by various owners on Edmunds.
  • gmcsierragmcsierra Member Posts: 40
    Got a 2000 GMC sierra 1500 sb, 2wd, stepside, 5.3 auto, with crome wheels and general tires. Absolutely no vibration whatsoever. Had a build date of 10/14/1999. Most people I know that had vibes had the Goodyear tires. Once they switched to a different brand "Michelin and BFGoodrich" no more vibes. I've heard of bent rims, but would venture to say that most are caused by bad tires.
  • white6white6 Member Posts: 588
    But the vibes are still present on my 2K Sierra 2wd reg cab built 11-22-99. I don't think anything at all has been done to fix this by the factory. I changed to BF Goodrich tires and it made no difference at all. If I were you and you aren't put off by the styling, I would drive a Ford.
    Thanks Greg, from Dallas, for the correspondance.

Does anyone have a snapless tonneau cover? The kind they call hook & latch, that kind of resembles velcrow? I have priced them out & found to be about double the price of the snap type. I live in Wi.,& would think the snapless tonneau would be a lot easier in winters.
    Has anyone installed a good dual tailpipe system out the back that sounds good?

Jerry
  • barbour1barbour1 Member Posts: 17
    At about 700 miles on my new sierra 4.3 I started hearing and feeling a loud rumble,the dealer replaced the muffler,(loose internals),the noise stopped,now 500 miles later it is doing the same thing,most noticeable at steady speeds up to about 60,very loud when waiting at idle at a stop light.Anyone else had this problem?
  • bucky44bucky44 Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if (and when) the classic Sierra will be changed to the new body style?? I need a crew cab, but want the new body style and engine selections. Thanks.
  • pnktoutpnktout Member Posts: 1
    HI,
    Im in need of a complete new or used in good condition passenger door with power window for a 1993 GMC sierra 1500 extended cab pick up..

PLease Help!

Thanks,
    Jason
  • parker17parker17 Member Posts: 3
    Who makes the best bug deflector for the GMC? Does anyone have the Penda liner and rail caps how do you like them, how much and where did you get them.
  • kct2kct2 Member Posts: 4
    Fear not grtmtnclmr2. My truck was manufactured on Feb14, valentine's day & monday. I got it 10 days later. It was manufactured at FortWayne, IN's new plant. The truck was delivered to me without any defects. The best workmanship I've had on a new vehicle yet (and I've owned foreign cars). I've got 600 miles on it so far without squeeks, rattles or vibration. I've had it up to 90 miles an hour in Atlanta traffic and it's still whisper quiet on the inside. It handles & accelerates better than any vehicle I've owned.

For those interested in bugshields, I would recommend Auto Ventshade Bugflector II. It is extremely rigid and aerodynamic & no drilling is required. You just insert five plastic bushings into the holes already provided under the hood (about 5-10 mins to install). It looks great. I also installed Ventshade's side window wind/rain deflectors.
  • gashfordgashford Member Posts: 2
    I read with envy the stories of people receiving their trucks in a timely manner unless it is a new offering and ultrapopular. Well, I guess my regular cab, 2 wheel drive, sportside, with...uh-oh...a stick shift with V8 was more than the system (VOM) could bear. The first dealer (Dec 20) forgot to enter my order for six weeks, but promptly cashed my deposit. The second dealer lied to me in assuring me that I could get a tinted sliding rear window with the above combination. Now he says tinted and or sliding windows are not available. Just asked for my deposit back after 3 months of emotional turmoil. If you call GMC they send you back to the dealer. The dealers don't like that and poke a stick in your eye. No excellent product is worth the total hassle I have been through these last three months. GM builds to stock...They do not build to order, at least the clowns on the west coast seem to think so. Never had the problem with Ford for the last two vehicles I bought from them. The trouble with Ford is their trucks are so absolutely ugly this time around. The F-150 looks like a large Toyota and the Superduty is an attempt to make bulk into some sort of macho statement in metal. I had boycotted GM for their sins in the late 70's and early 80's until now. The boycott has become permanent. What a bunch of clowns, save the poor dealers who seem to be as much victims as I. The Tundra is looking more and more tempting...too many good reports on it, 'cause I still need some sort of utility vehicle...not an SUV. Guess I limp my old Bronco on for a few more years and get some other vehicle for my stick shift kicks!

GEA
  • z71offroadz71offroad Member Posts: 14
    I live in Michigan and my truck was built in Canada, '00 Sierra z71 3dr. I have the firestone M/S off road tires(thats what they called them) and the polished aluminum rims, no problems with rattles or vibration. molding on 3rd door is crooked and the window in the 3rd door is noisy after I used it once.Other than that no complaints. Has lots of power in the lower rpms but when it gets over 3k seems to have a little more power.Good milage too. almost 16 in the city.
  • wtkingwtking Member Posts: 43
    My Y2K Sierra 4dr came in February 24th, solid black, and ordered with the wheel flares. Flares are flat black, not gloss black. 525 miles, no problems, vibrations, or wind noise. Built in Pontiac, Michigan plant.

-Todd
    Picked up truck on sat 3-25-00. I ordered on 1-31-99. Truck was built on mon 3-13-00 & delivered to dealer on 3-21-00. The truck was built in Oshawa, Canada. When we drove it home, the winds were gusting to 40mph. I could not believe how solid & absolutely quit this truck is. The workmanship is just outstanding. After reading some of the vibrational stories, I had to take it up to 80mph & had no vibs or rattles.This vehicle handles & is quiter than my 96 Bonneville.The only problem with the order was the fact that the rear slider was not available. The dealer had a local glass company install one at no additional cost to me. The design is of the window looks great.
    Gashford, sorry for all the problems you encountered. Let me tell you. You may want to reconsider or perhaps go to a differant dealer.
    Z71OFFROAD - Can you tell me what the option code is for the polished aluminum wheels? Is it the QC3? I really like the polished aluminum on the 3/4 ton - the PY0. They did a great job on that wheel, but from the pictures in the book, I wasn't real pleased with the design for the 1/2 ton. Do you like it? I may really regret not going that route anyway, I went with the PF4.

WTKING - Thanks for the update on the wheel flares. I really wanted them painted to match the truck, I've got the same ordered, it was built last week, should have it in a couple. But I almost did all but tell the dealer I wouldn't take it if the flares were the flat black and not painted, but I won't go that far, my experience has been good so far. I just wish GM could get the story straight, on page 24 of the Sierra brochure it states that the flares are black on Fire Red, Meadow Green, Summit White and Indigo Blue, and on all other colors wheel flares are body color. I guess technically on the black truck you get the black flares they could say they are right, but reality that implies they would be painted black.

Oh well some day in 20 years I'll never care they didn't match exactly anyway.

Greg
  • barbour1barbour1 Member Posts: 17
    I bought the short bed,it does not ride as well as the long bed that I have driven,but is much better looking,I was wondering if after market shocks would help cut down on the the excessive bobbing motion?
  • newbee2newbee2 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a vehicle to tow a 5th wheel trailer with a GVWR of 7000 lbs and a hitch
    weight of 1200 lbs. I need to know whether I need a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton vehicle and which engine and transmission ratio. I am interested in gas mileage because I am towing for recreational
    purposes only and need to be efficient the rest of the year. Dealer's are telling me I need everything from a 6 cylinder 1/2 ton to a 5300 V8 3/4 ton. Are there any towing experts that can
    help me?
    Bill,
    6 cylinder is absolutely wrong, the 4.3L has a max. trailer GVWR of only 5900 lbs. The 1/2 ton with the 5.3L can handle 7800 lbs with a 3.42 axle or 8800 with a 3.73 axle. The latter would be my suggestion and is what I have and my 5th wheel GVWR is 6000 lbs. My old truck had a 3.42 axle and too often the RPM was too low in OD to maintain highway speeds so I was forced to use 3rd and lost fuel economy anyway. Although solo fuel economy would be slightly better with the 3.42 axle or the 4.8L V8, the added discomfort while towing is not worth the savings.

GVWR is not the only issue, with the trailer pin weight of 1200 lbs, you only have about 700 additional lbs that can be added without exceeding the carrying capacity of a 1/2 ton. However, the 3/4 ton and especially 4x4 models have bed heights that can be a real problem to maintain adequate clearance between the pickup bed and the trailer and also keep the trailer somewhat level. Even the new 1/2 ton with standard 16" tires is about 3" higher than the old body style. My trailer has 15" tires and I can barely get by. I got a lift kit from the trailer manufacturer to raise the trailer several inches that I still need to get installed at the trailer dealer. So you need to take a close look at your specific truck and trailer combination.

LOL
    Larry
    I don't have the numbers. didn't save the order info. on the sticker the rims came with option 1SC, sorry thats all the info I have. I do like the rims but they do scratch easily when washed. Pressure washer seems to be the best to get the dirt off then a brush or towel is ok. I have the wheel flares on my truck. we got a 2 tone fire red and pewter met. on the bottom, flares are painted pewter. Wish they would paint the bottom of the tailgate, it looks weird where it doesn't match, summer project I guess.
  • newbee2newbee2 Member Posts: 2
    larry
    Thanks for the response. That was a big help. Nice to get impartial advice when in doubt.
    Bill
  • gdh78gdh78 Member Posts: 3
    Buck44 - The classic change over has already occured....1500 & 2500 (light duty). The crew cabs and duallies will be known as the HD series (Heavy Duty). These vehicles will be available in the fall. I have longed for the crew cab shortbed 4X4. These vehicles will weigh in in the 8600lb. range vs. the 6800lb. of the 1500 and 7700lb. of the 2500 currently offered. What I have heard and read about that is quite awesome is the new DuraMax Diesel 6600. It is a collaboration b/w GM and Mitsubishi(sp) and the engine will be built in Moraine, Ohio. The Duramax is supposed to be 40% more efficient than the existing 6.5 Turbo Diesel offered by GM. Also, it is rumored to be much quieter too. It boasts 510 ft/lb of torque....quite a hauler...it requires a special Allison Tranny to handle all the power it generates. It also is rumored to carry a $5,000.00 price tag for this option.

There is a website that has the pictures of these trucks from the Detroit Auto show....try a search for autoshows "Detroit 2000" and see what you come up with??? From the pictures, they are big, bold and awesome looking.

I can't wait to see a crew cab on a 1500 series...or even the light duty 2500. Actually, the version that has been available in '99 and '00 on the 2500 Classic body style will be carried over to the 2500 light duty for the '01 model. Hope you can wait. You'll have to go w/ the 6000 engine b/c the 5300 isn't available....besides, you may not want the 5300.
    For me, it's a Tahoe/Yukon and a pickup all in one. Hope you can wait til the fall. I just turned in my '98 3dr. Z71 on Saturday...(it was a lease). The dealer is looking for a 4dr. 1500 Z71 for me now....they gave me a '00 Buick LeSabre to drive...boy, it is really nice too but I can't wait til the fall so I'm most likely to get back into a truck...besides...I feel much safer and since I'm 6'3", the truck fits me better than a car. Again, best wishes for the crewcab!
  • gdh78gdh78 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry....it's Bucky44...sorry.
    was the one building those with Gm. I also want one of those. I will wait a couple years after they are out to get one.
  • mfuentesmfuentes Member Posts: 1
    my problem is with GEWEKE GMC in Manteca,CA.
    $4,800.00 was added to the price of the truck
    (2000 sierra)when my wife asked why, she was told it was for freight,destination,tax for freight,
    after we sign, i was look over the sticker and i saw on the sticker,freight, destination, and so i asked why we were charge these changes if it is on the sticker and was told thet the $4,800.00
    was for my trade,in order to pay it off,i was not told that,and when i ask why i was not told that
    the reply was that their do not have to tell me or
    my wife, be careful with this dealership
  • nailernailer Member Posts: 1
    Just got my new 2000 sierra classic reg cab 3500 4x4 fleetside not to many option auto ac tilt and curse and a radio with cassette 5.7L, it's for work so I had to have vinyl seats to keep the dirt down, Before buying I went to your price guide and got all the numbers, the guide said it should cost 22,700 including 3% fair profit. I almost did not have to negotiate The sales man started I gave a counter Offer and we ended up right at 22,700 Could not believe how accurate the price guide was. On top of that because I am self employed and cam prove it (they needed my business license )they fit the truck up with ladder racks and tool box the bed liner was already part of the original price. So I thought you would like to know That guide was a big help With out it you really can,t be sure of the numbers.

Ps. Really like the truck
  • jkrcmjkrcm Member Posts: 3
    GMC's 2000 Sierra brochure states: "Ordering your Sierra with the optional locking differential gives you even more traction control" (page 21). Questions to all you 2000 Sierra fans out there. Is this just GMC hype? Does it really make any sense to order locking differential with Autotrac 4WD, or is this a waste of money? Need to make a decision before ordering truck. Thanks.
  • madaket154madaket154 Member Posts: 2
    on icy crowned roads, both wheels will spin, causing truck to slide to the side of road. when only one wheel spins, the other wheel will stablize this tendency. i would not have it on my 4wd.
    I am a strong believer that this combo is necessary to give you 4 wheel drive. In fact, there are times when the loking dif will get you out of a situation without needing 4 wheel. With out loking dif you can have slip on both axles and not have anything but one wheel pulling on each axle. The biggest complaint I have with the new electronic 4wd is that it is not positive when first called for. The old lock-in hubs and mechanical hook-up gave instant 4 wd. I assume with the new auto 4wd it will sense slip and engage, but without the loking dif, you have the same problem as 4wd hi. I have a 2000 1500 and have had this combo of rear-end and transfer since 1989 and will not be without it. In mud or snow it is essential. On ice, it is a savior.
  • madaket154madaket154 Member Posts: 2
    the transfer case works instantly but the fronnt axel lockup is controled by a jel that is heated and pushes a piston conneted to an actuating rod. the time required con be annoying, especislly invery cold weather(-0 degrees). also when the truck is shut down for a lengh of time it will fall out of 4wd. j.c.whitney has a kit that will give mechanical control to the front axels. i dont know hao good it works. anyone tried it? it costs about $150.
    You will get better traction with the locking differential. You will at least have 3 wheel drive (Front axle is an open unit) With the front tire pulling the rear will not slide much. In the mud you will have a greater chance of getting stuck without the locking differential. I have trucks with detroit lockers front and rear axles and trucks with open axles. If one wheel in back is on ice and one in front on ice you will be stuck without a locker. Also you will not need to put it in 4 wd as often.

As far as autotrac goes there is a clutch in the transfer case that engages when the rear wheels slip and the CAD (front axled disconnect) is turned on engaging the front axle.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    I'm not positive about this, but I think the jell has been replaced by a servo motor.

And I believe when you select "Auto," the transfer case is engaged. Thereafter, when slip is detected, the servo engages the front axles.
  • stvokcstvokc Member Posts: 32
    I just got the 2 GM invoices on my 2 truck orders. On it was - R6J Captive Fleet-Janesville option and under MSRP was 0(zero) cost and under invoice amount was $16.50 charge. Does anyone know what this is for? and how come no MSRP charge but $16.50 invoice charge? I have never seen this and was not an option that I or dealer put on the orginial order, so assume GM put it on.

I ordered 2 identical trucks built at the same plant. The one that was built 4/1/00 and shipped 4/1/00 was charged $690 shipping charge. The other one was built 4/3/00 and shipped 4/3/00 was charged $665 shipping charge. What is the deal? The truck that was built 2 days earlier has a higher destination charge. And get this the 4/1/00 was invoiced the same day as the second one. Both were invoiced on 4/3/00. Would like any comments on this.
This discussion has been closed.