Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-2X

1181920212224»

Comments

• redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Anyone know the employee pricing for a 9-2x Aero with the sport package? The GM Buypower site won't show me the GMS pricing, only MSRP. Considering this over the WRX wagon, this might be a steal at GMS price minus the $3K rebate.
  • ironmidgetironmidget Member Posts: 2
    I think a mouse made a nest or died inside the A/C ducts of my 9-2x and it stinks like baby poo. I had a similar problem with an Acura Integra and had to take it to the dealership to fix. Anybody have this problem with their 9-2x or have ideas on how this can be fixed without taking it to the dealer?

Iron Midget
  • ironmidgetironmidget Member Posts: 2
    I think I resolved the problem. I started by checking the cabin air filter. To do that, you have to remove the glove box. When I removed the panel covering the filter, I knew instantly I had found the problem. Sure enough, the filter itself was now a mass of fuzz, paper, string and small chunks of foam.

There were no mice in it and I worried that there were dead mice inside the vents or pipes. I vacuumed out as best I could and then sprayed Lysol into the fresh air duct, which is near the base of the windshield on the driver’s side. With the glove box still dismantled, I turned the fan up all the way and then ran the A/C and fresh air on both hot and cold settings to see if the smell persisted.

I instantly smelled the Lysol, so that was a good sign. I thought about blowing air with my compressor up through the cabin air filter ductwork, but feared that might create a clog that couldn’t easily be cleared. This morning the smell was barely detectable.

Iron Midget
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    you may have just masked it temporarily. Foam, fuzz, and paper don't make a bad smell. I have a feeling you do have something in there. I guess only time will tell. good luck.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• steveswife1steveswife1 Member Posts: 12
    I had this problem with my Volvo XC90. It was a dirty pollen filter.
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    I am not a Saab owner, but I did own a Saab 900 Turbo coupe in the late '80s- and loved every minute of it. I sincerely hope that GM does not dilute Saab as it has most of its other brands, but they should instead exploit its individual nature to its full extent.

There are a few quite upsetting posts on this page: http://autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=7429&categoryId=9

It is on "autospies.com", and the people calling themselves "JUGNU" and "gert123456" are the posters in question. Look over what they have said, and it will make you furious. Especially JUGNU- and all the people that have said "nobody cares about Saab".

All of you care about Saab; I care about Saab. I hope it never turns into BMW or Mercedes-Benz and their ubiquity and arrogance, but I also hope that it has more success than it does currently.

As you can see, I am not the kind of person who buys cars that everyone else has- ex. BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Lexus ES. I have an Audi S4 Cabriolet, an Audi A3, and my wife (who just wanted a smooth SUV, we didn't know it would be popular) has Lexus RX330. The Audis have been the best cars I've ever owned- and I don't plan on stooping low enough to replace my S4 with an M3 or the like, just because "it drives better".

My convertible drives well enough, thank you!

But really, this is about the 9-2X. Saab deserves more respect, and "JUGNU", Subaru has nothing to do with Saab as of now! They had one by-product, and now GM has sold its stake in Fuji-Heavy!

The reason I'm writing this is because, for some reason, autospies rejects my password, and won't e-mail me a new one.

Help me in my fight for the "alternatives"!

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    Subaru has nothing to do with Saab as of now

9-2X is manufactured in Gunma, Japan in a facility owned by Fuji Heavy Industries (which owns Subaru). The entire content of engine compartment, most of the content of interior, floor and some other components are straight the same as in WRX. The only different thing in 9-2X are some suspension components, some details in dashboard, sheetmetal, and sound deadening material (more of it).

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Does this apply to the 9-2x? I didn't want to navigate the maze that is GM's web site (they have 87 home pages it seems).

-juice
  • zoozeekzoozeek Member Posts: 32
    I recently noticed a $5,000 rebate on the 9-2X, which was $5,500 in August. Several questions to knowledgeable Saabophiles/Subarites:

1. Is it likely that the rebate will grow (back to $5,500 or even to $6,000)? Is this something that happened last year during the GM Employee Discount?

2. Is there any negotiation possible at the dealership after such a large rebate?

3. How's the car? Is it of good quality as it is made in Japan? What are the good points? Bad points? I just test drove a base Subaru Impreza, which is the exact same car, I gather, and I was impressed --- solid, fast, go-kart handling, simple. Is the Saab better or worse?

Thanks greatly for your advice in advance.
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    There may be a bigger rebate in the future, but no cars to buy. Their production was very small at the first place, and they stopped production a few months ago. If you want one, better get one now.

I guess Linear (counterpart of 2.5i) may be easier to get, as it no merrits whatsoever at the initial MSRP, IMHO.

9-2X is Impreza with different sheetmetal. Same mechanicals, except suspension settings, same interior, except minor details. Same factory (Gunma Japan). If you think Impreza is good, 9-2X will be the same. There are reports of better sound insulation, but I couldn't verify it by myself. Linear is available with leather (2.5i is not). And the warranty is better (4 yrs bumper to bumper vs. 3 yrs. Subaru - but the latter has better powertrain 5yr/60k)

The rebate size used to be different for different trims(Aero was much bigger), but it may be the same now, I don't know.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,062
    You should probably be looking at invoice price, minus rebates/incentives....

They wouldn't have the big incentives, if they could sell them for a profit..

Have you checked to see if there are any on the lots? Last June, when the incentives got really big, all the local dealers here were completely out of them..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• starbirdstarbird Member Posts: 38
    I have a 2005 9-2X Aero and its not bad. Only too compliants are too little torque, still a tad too noisy, and the fuel economy stinks in stop go traffic (if the gauge is reading empty it usually means the car is just about to die).

With the 2006 model they fixed the torque problem by putting in the turbocharged 2.5i engine instead of the 2.0.

Insurance is a bit higher than my Saab 9 3 but that's what you get for having a pocket rocket.
  • zoozeekzoozeek Member Posts: 32
    Anyone know what the discount on the 9-2X is in October (it was $5000 in September)?
This discussion has been closed.