Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-2X

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    9-2x towing? I don't know. If it can, it will say so in the owner's manual.

Bob
  • mst7022mst7022 Posts: 1
    I see that GM is offering (essentially) $7000 cash to move the Aero - does anyone know if this is only for purchases, or if this would apply to the lease price of the car? I'd like to lease one for 24 months, but only I'm leasing a ~$23,000 car, not a $30,000 one! Is anyone out there leasing an Aero? Thanks!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,733
    It is only for purchases.. They do have incentives for leasing, but it is much less.. I'm not sure what it is now, but when the purchase incentive was $5500, the lease incentive was only $2000...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tonedebonetonedebone Posts: 36
    > 9-2x towing? I don't know. If it can, it will say so in the owner's manual.

Page 8-24 of the manual states "The use of a genuine Saab hitch is recommended. A genuine Saab hitch is available from your Saab dealer". My Saab dealer has no part # for a hitch and no service code to install it. They probably just did a search & replace of Subaru with Saab for the manual.

Someone on the saabnet boards has installed a Subaru hitch on a Linear.
  • snaab1snaab1 Posts: 14
    I am in a 9-3 lease until February, 2006 but called some dealers anyway the other day on the 9-2X because the rebates right now are too incredible to pass up. I was told that Saab was offering an early lease turn-in program for leases with maturity dates between now and December 31, 2005. They would take in any leased Saab and make, or waive, the remaining 7 payments or so through December 31, 2005. This program was not advertised anywhere that I had seen, and not mentioned on any of the boards. I called Saab Financial to see if they would take my 9-3, make the lease payments through December 31, and allow me to make the 1 remaining lease payment (January, 2006) but they would not. This lease turn-in program expired on 5/2/05.

I am wondering if Saab is going to continue that lease turn-in program this month through, say, January 31, 2006, or next month through February, 2006. When I talked to Saab Financial the other day they would not or could not tell me if the early lease turn-in program is being extended. If any of you happen to hear, please post a message.

The prices I was quoted for a 9-2X Aero 5MT with cold weather package was $18,700. Another quote was for a base 9-2X Aero 5MT for $18,425. Keep in mind these are only with the 16 inch wheels, no roof, etc., but what unbelievable prices for this car! Anyone buying a WRX wagon over at the Subaru dealership has got to be out of their mind.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That can't be right, you sure you don't mean "Linear" models? :confuse:

I checked yesterday and the local no-haggle dealer had WRX for about $400 less than the cheapest 9-2x. Both were close to $22 grand.

-juice
    The Aero has an invoice of $26,428... and $7K of incentive money.. That takes dealer cost down to $19,428, not taking into account holdback, or supplier or employee pricing...

So, you can get a "stripped" Aero for way under $22K....

do dealers actually stock any models equipped that way?

This is the dealer I'm talking about:

http://www.fitzmall.com/

They have Saab and Subaru locations. Let's see.

A-ha! Prices fell since yesterday, as a matter of fact. Today they have an Aero for $20,716. Indeed that's cheaper than any WRX they have by almost a grand!

-juice
    Check out this thread..

harbachj, "Saab 9-2X: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #33, 4 May 2005 10:40 am

It is only two pages, so you can catch up on the whole thing....

• purduealum91purduealum91 Posts: 223
    cmon share man.
    Maybe they'll offer deeper discounts as time goes on.

Holy cow, though, $18k is less than a used WRX!

I don't even need a small car and I might buy one. LOL

-juice
    OK, I'll share. The $18,700 price for the 9-2X Aero 5MT w/ only the cold weather package was quoted to me from the SAAB Exchange in Lake Bluff, IL, north of Chicago. If you are still around the Lafetyette, IN area, Purduealum, that is not too far for you. I talked to a guy named Micah (pronounced "Mike-uh") on Monday 5/2/05. The phone number is (866) 878-9903. The car is silver.

The $18,425 price for the base Aero 5MT was from Concours Motors in Milwaukee. My wife deleted the e-mail already, but the guy I spoke to there I think was named Derek (800) 611-2057. I too was surprised to find a real life "base" Aero with neither the sport, cold weather or the other package.

And Juice did not believe me! That really hurts my feelings :cry:
  • wolftimwolftim Posts: 34
    I just bought a new 9-2x Aero last night. When I went there they were offering 6000 in Saab rebates and 1000 in GM Hotbutton rebates for a grand total of 7000. My Saab was 29,595. It came with a moonroof, manual transmission, and 17" rims. Rebates dropped it to 22,959. Stripped out you can get a 9-2x for less than 20K with a manual. Auto adds about 1200 but takes away a good bit of fun factor. Before you buy check to see if they have an executive car available for purchase. They had one at the dealership in Fife, WA. There slightly used but you can save an additional 5k. The car is great to drive and it is very hard to pass up 7000 in rebates.
    Arent you getting this car? For that price, I should trade in my 2004 Element! A new WRX for less than $19k. Holy Cow!
    both pick up a 9-2X. I cant believe these prices. Is maintenance included in these prices?
    Im in Plano, IL, about 60 miles west of downtown Chicago.
    or program cars?
    Aero? Thanks!
    Congrats wolftim on your new purchase. What color? Keep us posted as you put some miles on it.

Purduealum - I'm in Milwaukee, and I can't get the car until I can get out of my 9-3 lease. My wife really likes the 9-2X in red, but not enough to get rid of her minivan. I even phrased my argument that the minivan is not that much different than a (9-2X) station wagon, but that didn't work. I better not push it, especially on Mother's Day.

(Hmmm, If only Saab made a turbocharged, 5-speed minivan...)
    I'm just in shock! :surprise:

If you're a GM employee you can get a Linear in the high $13s!

That's Aveo price levels...

:)

-juice
    Even though Im not an employee, my price should be $500 or so higher? Is Fitz discounting the Linears that much?
  • wolftimwolftim Posts: 34
    Thanks snaab1. It's silver and it is a blast to continue to drive. The more I drive it the better it gets. The AWD works great even in the rain. I'll keep all posted. As more people buy it, more people can back up my stories.
    because no one will come close the $18,700 price for an Aero 5 speed with cold. Best I have gotten so far is Invoice - $7,000. Not good enough. I emailed Saab Exchange to no avail.
  • harbachjharbachj Posts: 51
    I think invoice minus $7000 is about the best you will do unless it's a demo, you are a GM employee, or you find a dealer that's desperate to get rid of in-stock car he's had for awhile. If they have to find you a car with color and equipment you want, I doubt you will do any better.
    $22.4k or so minus the $7000 would put it at $15.4k. But if you notice that chart had an even lower price for GM employees (vs. suppliers). That's how you could get it under $14, theoretically.

-juice
  • gregozgregoz Posts: 6
    I can back up the comments of wolftim. I picked up my 9-2x Aero, with Sport and Cold packages this weekend. What a super-fun car to drive and the price just cannot be beat (I am a GM family member). It handles like a dream (however, our other two cars are a Jeep Wrangler and a Chevy Tahoe, so consider the source!)
    I just want to get past the 1,000 mile break-in period so I can punch it
    What was your final price? Was it under 20k before taxes?

-juice
  • gregozgregoz Posts: 6
    Yes, it was just a few hundred under $20k plus tax and title. Of course, in CA at least, you are taxed on the pre-rebate price, so that is something to keep in mind. For what it's worth: CA DMV fees = $241.
    MD too, they tax you on the pre-rebate price.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.