Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3

Comments

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    There are some chemicals that can be ADDED to get rid of MOLD and MILDEW (I believe this is a dealer only thing.)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    In Canada and I am certain it would be similar in the U.S. BMW SUV's hold their value better than any other car.
    4 year old BMW SUV's (2002) were worth 57.3% of their original value, Toyota's 55.5%, Honda 53.4%, Lexus 49.4%, Accura 47.6%, and at number 5 Mercedes 46.1%
    This keeps the price of a new car down at trade in time and makes lease rates lower. This is quite amazing considering the reliability of Toyota, Honda, and Lexus.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• rfrithrfrith Member Posts: 18
    I've been told by local dealer that 2007 X3 Production begins 1 September 2006.
    According to my dealer contact the 3.0 will soldier on at 225HP -- something about needing to wait for the 255HP X5 version to be "first" so that there is no "market confusion," as there must almost certainly be now what with the X3 3.0 when compared to the X5 3.0.

The X5, particularly because of the dashboard, comes off as a "more premium and upscale" vehicle. Yet, with the dressier exterior of the X3 and all the toys that the X3 can be configured with, it really is "the bargain" near lux of the two (plus it performs better, especially with the 6spd.)

Both the X3 and X5, however, are in desperate need of the new 3.0 255HP engine and at least a 6 speed steptronic -- the Germans (not just BMW) are being passed up in power and features at an almost alarming rate.

I find this state of affairs somewhat confusing since the technology (e.g., the new 3.0@255HP and the blown 3.0@300+HP) already are "out there" ready to be plugged into the X3 and X5's.)

Someone looking for something new and improved will see the new Q7, for instance, and if the new X5 isn't at least as good, it will probably face stiff competition from Audi, especially at the price of the V8 Q7 -- which promises to be another "bargain" if the current X5 i6 pricing is any indication.

We were loaned a 2006 X5 (3.0) with "premium package" and a couple of other options (but not nav or some of the other HOT LPS features) and the MSRP was $56K. Other than the "heated seats," the thing was pretty much a base equipped version by today's expectations.

The Q7 at $49K is a V8 and seems to have most of what this 2006 X5 3.0 5spd steptronic had -- for $7K less.

BMW's new X5 needs to raise the bar (and, price excluded, probably will, big time) -- and the new X3, if it gets the "2006 3 series treatment," seems like it might be the new SAV super star for BMW -- at the price.

So, will the 2007 X3 get the new 3.0 and a bit more refined interior to boot?

:confuse:
    I spent some time with the search engines last night to see what is being said about the '07 X3.

Reader's Digest version:

1. New engine program (using the current 3.0's for instance, that grace the '06 3's and 5's: US spec 255HP)

2. New -- better, prettier, more upscale, etc. -- interior

3. Total refresh in 09.

These were from various sites, none of them official.

Some had pictures of the upcoming X3, there is little to remark about (exterior) from the current fully painted '06 versions.

The dealer is the last to know apparently.
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    Thanks mark! your always the first to know!

I recall the informations and the pictures showing the 07. While it showed nothing, the trained eye saw the smoother front end.

My lease ends soon on my Allroad but that information decided my choice. They seem to be adressing my shortcomings on the X3:

The painted bumpers when painted look too busy. The flat black was nicer and more in tune with the vehicles charactor. Not a deal breaker by any means, but just my opinion. Paint them and round them a bit seems logical.

Interior upgrade. I like the sharkskin dash, but it needs refreshing and some upgrading on the dash and doors.

Engine. More HP the better. Nothing special about wanting more.

While I'll pay more later, I decided to wait. Certainly the deals these days are very very nice! And this summer they will be just as good if not better! IN fact, at the right price the present variation is an outright bargain!

Instead I bought a "spare car" 2002 subaru outback with Manual Tranny that I will give my son in 12 months. I can live with it for 6 months. Almost half my driving is with him and he gets his learners permit (Today) so why rush into a vehicle I can't drive all the time while he learns on? Subarus are nice cars and this one is a low miliage car I happen to stumble upon and a price I could not refuse.

And what fun, I get to lightly modify! New tires are in order, tint the windows, factory spoiler, and I will install a new stereo myself with Ipod and XM! ALpine head unit, Ipod cord and XM module for $375! Its been 20 years since I had a "SIMPLE" car I could work on!

I can shop the X3 for 6 months after the release and see how the supply and demand goes. Maybe a sport package with the Twin Turbo?
    My wife loves her X3 -- I am impressed mightily by it, too, but NOT at the MSRP. On the other hand, the lease program in May 2005 was soooo strong that a $47K version was $581 per month 36/45K with $250 down + sec dep and first month's pmt.

So, what's to complain about?

Interior (dashboard, mainly) is out of place with the Montana Leather sport package. Ours is gloss black so the black unpainted bumpers don't look out of place, to us.

Power is "decent" but that's only because we have the six speed manual with the 3.0 -- it is anemic with the step -- not a moment too soon on the uprated 3.0.

I actually like the MMI in my Audi and I do like the look of the 330xi with the iDrive dash, so I actually wish the X3 had the full-on computer controlled dash look that is the BMW standard across the sedan line. I like iDrive (or at least I think I would, unless it is a big departure from MMI.)

So a refreshed interior, 255 - 258HP with the possible inclusion of either a 6 or 7 speed step as an option (and continuing the stick, of course) coupled with some more electronics, perhaps more compliant ride and the 2006 exterior dress up -- well, it just puts the X3 back into serious contention with the likes of Acura and Mercedes (and possibly Audi -- thinking of the potential Q5 and seeing the Q7 as a good thing.)

:shades:

My wife can't wait for 2008!
  • ycnyc2ycnyc2 Member Posts: 3
    Hope someone can help with this. I've had my '06 X3 for a month now and can't figure out how to set the wipers to the rain sensing mode for the life of me! Yes, I read the manual but still dont get it! :blush:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    You have to reset them, every time you start the car..

Basically, it is the first notch up... the intermittent wiper setting.. The rain-sensing part is automatic..

But, you have to return the lever to the off position, then put it back... each time you start the car..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was reading this Forum and I saw this message (#3634):

I wondered where the miracle was in the BMW I rode in yesterday. I was in the back seat. There are 3913 bumps to be felt on 50 miles of interstate; it's so rough many of the typical waves and bumps are kidney punches. Never knew they were there in my LeSabres. The seats have little padding. This was an X3.

The noise from the constant upshifting to gain speed on a 1% slope was irritating; even when not shifting to sewing machine speeds the noise from the exhaust was always 'there.'

The car cruised at 2500 rpm at 70 mph. My LeSabre has? 1900 at 70 mph? I don't have to downshift at 70 to speed up slightly on a slight upgrade.

Where's the beef in those cars? This one had pebbly plastic all over the doors and seats. It looked like it had dirt in some of the grooves because it would have to be brushed to be cleaned.

Although it seemed to be 'fun' to drive, where's the miracle that some say is there?

Thought it might provide a laugh for the day!

• div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Some people prefer a McDonalds hamburger over prime rib from a five star restaurant; should we expect anything more from the typical clueless American vehicle operator(using the term "driver" gives them too much credit). And feel free to quote me on that... ;)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    What do they market Buicks as? Quiet, comfortable, & with heated windshield washer fluid. If they stopped advertising quite tuned suspensions and spending all their R&D money on power adjustable pedals and heated windshield washer fluid, maybe they could develop a resepctable car instead of a sofa on wheels that needs reabates and incentives to move it off the showroom floors.

X3 runs 2500 rpm at 70mph. Tha still isn't too bad. I think my Prelude's engine spins at around 3500rpm at 70.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I think my Prelude's engine spins at around 3500rpm at 70.

So does my Club Sport. Doesn't bother me.
  • fiddellfiddell Member Posts: 9
    What year is yours? I have a 2004 3.0 which I have had plenty of problems with. I thought since it was the first model year that BMW would have fixed the problems by now. I haven't been to this board in a while, but my brother recently asked if i thought he should consider leasing one. I thought I would see if the problems have gone away, but I guess not. Your problem with creaks is one of the problems I had and the dealer said the only solution was to lubricate which worked for a while but needs to be done again at some point. Mine just started creaking again. Other problems so far include window motors, passenger air bag sensor, noise from sunroof, rattling from sunroof at higher speeds and more. Anybody out there who would recommend the X3 to a friend or relative and not an enemy???
  • gmfox02gmfox02 Member Posts: 2
    Since then they have tried spraying the filter with something. That didn't work. I have taken the car back again for the 4th time, same problem. They said this past Friday, April 21st, that there was a crack in the car's battery in the cargo area of the car. They said that a hose had a "kink" in it and forcing the battery acid smell or fumes back into the passenger compartment. Friday they claim it was fixed and now on Sunday, April 23rd I smell the chemical odor again. Funny when they gave me a loaner, it didn't smell or have a chemical odor. I am investigating a California Lemon Law attorney.
  • ralphps2000ralphps2000 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2004 2.5 X3 in Oct 2005. I have a musty/moldy odor coming out of the vents. This condition has worsened. I have a strong sensitivity to molds and now I'm feeling my skin react and I'm having headaches as well. I took my vehicle to the dealership and they have NOT corrected it. This is a pre-owned warrantied vehicle but I am at a loss in on what to do next. I tried running the heater on maximum for one hour to kill the mold but I don't think it worked. BMW should stand behind their product but I doubt they will. I may have to sell or trade it in.
    Hey guys...things are moving a little slowly here. For a lively debate, check out;
    GM - Will 2006 Styling save GM?
    They often take a few swipes at BMW's and others.

• bmwnabmwna Member Posts: 32
    I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
    Hopefully you will pass this along to BMW NA, too:

Here in Cincinnati there are two BMW dealers, we have only dealt with one of them, nothing I am about to say should reflect either negatively or positively on the dealer NOT in question.

We purchased a BMW in 1988 -- a 325ix. A fantastic car in every way -- but, at that time, every service visit was $100 MINIMUM and when the lease was up there were, at that time, no replacement AWD BMW's so we returned to our Audi buying ways (we've had 28 of them and 2 Bimmers.)

In 2005, March, we ordered a pretty much all optioned X3 from "The BMW Store" here in Cincinnati. In May we picked up our new X3 and a sequence of events started that we've never seen before, certainly never enjoyed before and have only heard as rumors as pertains to such cars as Lexus.

The sales, service -- the "relationship" -- is one delightful happening after another. From a customer "orientation" meeting within the first 30 days of ownership, to the Saturday free hand car washes (and you can wait in a lounge that has multiple Internet access areas, a mini Starbucks, a huge fridge full of water, juice, soda, etc and home made cookies and bakery pastries, local and national newspapers, cable TV and so on) to the service, sales, finance and administrative people who, if they know you are in the building rush to chat with you as if you are a long lost "Wilson" (from the Tom Hanks movie.)

This Sunday, the store is closed and it is "customer appreciation day" with impressive door prizes (BMW driving schools!), food, drink and discussions with BMW master mechanics AND sales people, not just the sales staff, that is.

On a scale of 1 - 10 this dealership rates an "11" (NigelSpinal Tap) -- if you get my drift, "they go to eleven!"

Now, we have had some very fine treatment from the Audi dealership here in River City, but most of the extraordinary treatment from Audi has been from AUDI not from the local dealer.

This local BMW Store dealer should be the poster child for "how it is supposed to be done."

Even if I hated BMW's (which I don't), I would say this is the kind of place you want to buy your car from -- they are just that good, that meticulous in their attention to every little detail of customer service.

How about this for a final story: the local BMW Store Intern (a college senior) found out we LOVE Munich and that we were actually going to Oktoberfest in late September, 2005. He, too, was going to be "in Germany" but NOT anywhere near Munich -- but he arranged his time in country to take a train trip to Munich to meet us, go to Oktoberfest and dinner with us at Tantris (one of the best restaurants in the world!) and talk about Beer and Bimmers!

After we returned to the US, and he back to the BMW Store, he invited us to the store just to check out the new 3's and to show us the pictures of all of us 'mericans at Oktoberfest ("Take me Home. . .Country Roads" -- apparently the Germans favorite song whilst drinking large quantities of beer!)

I know it's retail, I know it's sales of products -- but this dealership from the receptionist to the owner all seem to believe that THE BEST WAY to improve biz is to build relationships. Even the car wash guys seemed to be tuned into this philosophy.

No wonder this is the #1 volume dealer (so they say) in Ohio.

Hell, I'd come from out of town to deal with this dealership the treatment is so fine.

Pass it on.

BTW, we can't wait for our next X3, hopefully a new "interior-ed" and new engined 2008.

:shades:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Here's the link for anyone interested: GM - Will 2006 Styling save GM?

tidester, host
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950

tidester, host

I know you're a host... but isn't this a little off-topic? :P
    I know you're a host... but isn't this a little off-topic?

Part of hosting is telling people where to go --- to find the information they need! :shades:

tidester, host

I have a BMW X-3 which I really like, however, it could be interesting for anyone to check out this sight. Many GM fans defend GM and put down BMW's and any non-American cars, while others don't know how you can compare an American car to the better foreign cars. It is a lot of fun and the conversation is a little different.....not better - just very amusing at times.
    Since the topic is "Will 2006 styling save GM" it is wide open for all opinions. In my opinion, GM is way behind in styling, engineering and in safety features and they have no way of catching up. The conversation moves fast there, probably over 50 messages a day! Some of those guys actually think Buicks are great cars, and a few people under the age of 65 say that they would buy one!

Yes, the Automotive News & Views section can be rather animated at times. Things really get hopping when the topic is domestic vs. import. Now if I had a choice between a BMW and GM vehicle I would not hesitate to take the .#>.**.( %%!@,, --- oops! Sorry - keyboard malfunctioned! ;)

tidester, host
    Things really get hopping when the topic is domestic vs. import.

Every time I get into a discussion with the disciples of GM I am eventually reminded why Dilbert says that you should never argue with idiots:
    "They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Some of my best friends drive GM! But this isn't the place to fight those battles. :)

tidester, host
    Things do get a little insane over there on the - "Will 2006 styling save GM" sight and you can get beaten up...BUT it is really fun to bait them and get them riled up.

Like telling them I have never seen a Buick owner who is under 65.
    Or tell them the Buick portholes would improve sales with fish heads in them.
    Or, how did they come with that beauty, the Aztec?
    How is it re mortgaging your home to fill up your Suburban? (they really like those big ugly tanks)

They love their GM's and I liked all my GM cars too, and Fords and Chryslers come to think of it. I hate to admit it, but my wife likes European design and sensibilities (she has a Mercedes C240)and she made me try an X3 after testing about 6 other vehicles. When I drove it I knew it was the one...and none of the American cars can come close in design, engineering, safety, driving experience, comfort, ergonomics, sensibleness, etc.

So,for fun give it a try!
    GM - Will 2006 Styling save GM?

• pgeterspgeters Member Posts: 12
    I hate to be contentious but I come to this discussion list to discuss BMW X3 issues and topics. I really don't care about GM issues and if I did, I would go to the GM discussion list. That is why the lists are separated out by vehicle type, so we can narrow the discussion to things we care about, and not be bothered with things we don't. I get disappointed when I see that there are new posts, but most/all of them are on some unrelated topic. Can we please keep the GM stuff where it belongs? Thanks.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Careful with the idiot remarks. So you think anyone who drives a GM car is an idiot? Maybe the guy drives a GM car but he lives in a million dollar home and spends half a year on a cruise ship. Different priorities for different folks. Hmm...perhaps the guy who drives a Chevy thinks you're an idiot for spending so much on a depreciating asset. You get too uppity and all you do is add to the (mostly unfair) negative stereotype of BMW owners. Buy and drive whatever you want. Porsche, Hyundai, who cares. It doesn't make you any smarter or dumber either way. Just don't be so smug to think that everyone should agree with your priorities.
  • blackx3blackx3 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased an '06 X3 black on black - love the car.
    My last car was a new black on black BMW 325i.
    Before that a new Jeep Wrangler.
    Before that a used black on tan '86 BMW 325es
    before that a used burgundy on tan BMW '78 320.

I'm a single, straight guy. Is the X3 I just leased a "chick car?"
    I've read reviews that place it as a "luxury car" but also loop it in with the Rav4 and the Jeep liberty as this tiny little cute compact SUV.

Any feedback?

The X5 isn't that much bigger but would undeniably qualify as a "masculine/feminine" SUV.

Is the X3 a Chick Car - the Rav4 of Beemers?

Feedback requested!!!

thanks!
    -d
    Well, I'm not sure it is a full-fledge chick car, but next to the X5, it is the feminine side of that coupling. I do see more women, especially younger women (although that could be because I pay more attention to younger women :blush: ) driving the X3 than I see men. It is smaller and easier to get in and out of, so I guess it would be natural for more women to favour it.

But hey, don't worry about it. You should be so secure in your manhood that you can drive around in broad daylight in an X3, and a white one no less! :P
  • pgeterspgeters Member Posts: 12
    I just leased a black X3 as well and, although I also love mine (along with the way it looks), I just don't think it is cute enough to ever be considered a real "chick car". The smaller size and price compared to the X5, I believe, will inherently push the X3 toward the feminine demographic.

I chose the X3 for a number of manly reasons, mainly the sports car-like handling, to haul a boat, and to be able to move furniture and home improvement supplys better than my old G35, none of which seem like typical feminine values. The X5 was out because it cost too much (no ridiculously good lease deal) and the mileage would have been even worse than the X3, all manly financial considerations that, yes, my wife appreciates too.
    I can't think of many cars these days which are thought of in those terms, that is "Masculine" or "feminine" (I have seen big masculine guys driving Miata's, Smart cars, Echoes, etc.). I don't think of an X3 as being a "chick car" at all. I think it appeals to women because women like the SUV concept, but they don't want a big hulky vehicle, so they would naturally choose the smaller cars, RAV-4's, Liberty's included. By the way, I am male and my X3 is white - and the thought never occur ed to me. Now I am concerned...no just joking. Now, if you got a pink one people might talk, but that would be true of any make.

Yes, I was being facetious about a white X3. ;) Now if we were talking about a white Miata.... :P
    Come on guys....lighten up! The topic "Will 2006 styling save GM" is open to all - anyone can have an opinion on this one. Anyway, if they didn't get some other views they'd all get bored slapping each other on the back about their wonderful cars.

I don't think anyone was calling anyone an idiot, it was just taking literal license with a Dilbert quote.

I know BMW people are polite and realize different cars are made for different people, and of course there are socio-economic reasons for buying various cars. I see very little in the way of insults, just some friendly jabs....and the idea of mentioning it is only for your entertainment value, if you are so inclined.

I know you were only joking and I never took it personally (white X3). But, it did make me think that if someone really needs a masculine image, it is probably best to get an American car. I said before that most cars don't have gender images, but I think some do.....such as Hummers, Tahoes, Suburban's, Yukons, new square edgy Cadillacs, Durango's, Ram trucks, Chargers, Magnums, Expeditions, LTD's, Chrysler 300's. Most European and Japanese designed cars seem to be fairly gender nutral. Maybe, recognizing this fact leads to stronger sales since there are more women buying cars, and helping or making the buying decision.

Yup, you're right. Those models you listed are definitely preferred by men...and Tonya Harding! :blush:
  • stevekilburnstevekilburn Member Posts: 359
    Masculine and feminine depends on the attitude.

It is true that some cars have more masculine character than others but I think some very insecure males do drive hyper-masculine cars to compensate for their insecurity.

I suspect there is a healthy percentage of dodge and porsche owners who are wimp but wont let it out.

But to tell the truth, when you meet a wimp you know it. So a dodge or a ford F250 can impress a stranger but not the person who will later discover the driver in less than 5 minutes that he is indeed a wimp.
    So you think anyone who drives a GM car is an idiot?

Not all, just 80-90% of them.

Maybe the guy drives a GM car but he lives in a million dollar home and spends half a year on a cruise ship. Different priorities for different folks.

Maybe I do too; so what? If he seriously believes that any Chevy(short of a C5) is equivalent to a BMW he is an idiot-regardless of his net worth.

Hmm...perhaps the guy who drives a Chevy thinks you're an idiot for spending so much on a depreciating asset.

Lessee... I spent less than $30K on my CPO X3. So I guess spending the same amount or more on a magnificent engineering triumph such as an Impala or TrailBlazer makes him a genius?

You get too uppity

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Here's an idea; why not try developing a sense of humor? Meanwhile, I'll just continue adding to "the negative stereotype of BMW owners"- because, after all, we ARE better than you. ;)
    But enough about GM; here's an update on our new(to us) X3:
    After five months and almost 10K miles(26K total) it continues to run flawlessly. As expected, we've experienced no problems. When the SI countdown reached 7.5K I drained the factory Castrol and fitted a new filter and poured in 7 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40, which I will continue to use even though I have to pay for it. I do think I'll have to buy a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels so that I can fit summer tires, as the all-season Bridgestones are only average in terms of grip. That said, they still stick good enough to surprise the few hapless souls who try to keep up with the truck on a twisting two lane or decreasing radius on ramp. The last guy almost plowed into the guard rail. Guess I'll have to try harder next time... :P
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    All I know is the older I get (45) the less I care about the image of the car I drive. Status is all in the mind.

WE all strive for independence and thus the higher our net worth is the stronger our security is to remain independent.

When we are struggling and self esteem is shakey, buying an expensive car tells the world you doing ok.

Then there are those whom are not secure with the size of their manhood and need to compensate with a certain perchase.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    How about we get back to the attributes of the X3 now that the weekend is over? Thanks,

Steve, Host
    Which dealer do you work for???????
    What more can you say when you know the X3 has the best handling, best engineering, has the best styling, has most safety features, best trade in value, is the most fun to drive...of any other car in it's price range or in it's category?????????

What is better??????????????

I don't know. Haven't driven all of them. But of all the attributes he listed, resale value is the only one that perhaps can be quantified. Does it have the highest trade in? Maybe, maybe not. The rest of what he was ranting about are subjective. Re safety features, I think the X3 is pretty well on a par with a lot of other models out there in that price range. No better and no worse.

Did you notice he didn't include overall value, comfort, ride quality, passenger and cargo capacity, reliabily, cost of repairs amongst the attributes??????????????

Hmm...interesting, eh?????????

So, the defence rests. Case closed!!!!!!! :P :P :P
    BMW's do have the highest trade in value of all SUV's, check in last weeks Globe and Mail (my message 2517)...

4 year old BMW SUV's (2002) were worth 57.3% of their original value, Toyota's 55.5%, Honda 53.4%, Lexus 49.4%, Accura 47.6%, and at number 5 Mercedes 46.1% (in Canada)

It might not be best in any one or two (or three)categories but OVERALL....I'd be curious to know what is better?????

It might not be best in any one or two (or three)categories but OVERALL....I'd be curious to know what is better?????

It seems that the E83 has carved out its own niche in the SUV marketplace. It's relatively small and it possesses the characteristic BMW driving dynamics. In our case my wife wanted to replace her E39 5er with a vehicle that could traverse our 2600 foot gravel driveway(Satch Carlson calls it my personal rally stage) in any kind of weather. Her first choice was the X3, although we also gave strong consideration to the Xterra Off Road. We finally chose the X3, primarily because the X3 was a much better long distance cruiser as well as the fact that we already had a go-anywhere 4X4(my 1999 Wrangler work beater-though see below). We really didn't consider anything else. The domestic SUVs were deadly dull-most sported column shifts-and almost all of the so-called "crossovers"-domestic AND imported-drive like the FWD appliances that they are derived from. That said, if I was looking further upmarket I suppose I'd consider the Infiniti FX, the Cayenne/Touareg, and the X5-though all of them are a bit too porky for my tastes(the 4.8is excepted). Funny thing, this weekend I came across a really clean high-mileage 2001 330Xi stick, and if the price is right it might just replace the Jeep. Looks like the old rally stage is REALLY going to get a workout ;)
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    "No better and no worse."

Actually BMW tends to lead in a lot of safety features, eg. DSC and it's variants, has been available across the entire product line for many years.

"overall value, comfort, ride quality, passenger and cargo capacity, reliabily, cost of repairs amongst the attributes"

Value is in the eyes of the beholder, does a Hyundai Sante Fe have more value than an RX330? I would think so, yet the RX330 is a good seller.

Comfort, ride quality? A very subjective quality for sure.

Capacity? Yes that can be measured, who wants to drive an Excursion anyway?

Reliabily? Is it unreliable?

Cost of repairs? Free for four years, after that you're on your own.
  • mike141mike141 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone had experience with the GPS system for the X#. I order mine with it and would like to know if it user friendly?