Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    Morola Razr buetooth works flawlesssly. Can control the phone while driving using the voice commands.

The voice command "Phone Dial Name" will have VR prompt you for the name which you assigned to a particular number. VR will repeat the name and require you to state "Yes" to have number dialed. Remember to listen forVR's beep before talking.

I have succeeded in having the car recognize the phone consistently on startup, if phone is already on and broadcasting on Bluetooth when car is started
  • velosticvelostic Member Posts: 6
    I previously owned an Eldorado. I now have a Chrysler 300M, which is of course no comparison, and with the lease coming up, I test drove the STS V6.

I was surprised at the smooth torque of the V6 - heads and shoulders above every other V6 I have test driven. I love the steering and smooth ride. But here's the thing...

My Eldorado had a lot of electrical and computer problems. Cadillac were not interested in accomadating or compensating me in any way. The dealer, Casa de Cadillac in Sherman Oaks, CA. was downright offensive about it, despite the many trips to their service department. Knowing that I cannot rely on Cadillac to rectify such situations, I am wondering if anyone has had any odd experiences with the STS? Any things consistantly breaking down or going haywire? I love the drive of the STS and can't find anything else like it, but am nervous about returning to Cadillac.

Thanks in advance.
  • forzaforza Member Posts: 36
    I have been eagerly waiting for this car to come out ever since I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show. Of course, I'm not interested in buying the STS-V because it's price is way above my budget.

But has anyone here driven or own an STS-V? How do you feel the interior, engine, power delivery handling is? How does it stack up to its competitors? I'd be interested in knowing, thanks.
  • baltomanbaltoman Member Posts: 43
    Not one problem in over 5K miles.
    I do have an excellent dealer and I am confident they will
    help me if the time comes.

Because of past disappointments with GM, I chose to lease this time.

My only regret is I didn't load the car up more.

Like you, I find the V6 to be an excellent engine.
    And the trans - same as BMW's - is smooth and shifts properly.

Do yourself one favor.
    Test drive the actual car you will lease/own.
    Drive it for a least an afternoon.

I test drove several and one - only one - did not shift to my liking.

So I they got me another - no questions or problems.
    It's been "spot on".
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Drove the car (V6) and thought it was awesome. The reason why I didn't buy was the bundling of packages, some things I didn't want (spoiler) and some it didn't have (magnetic ride control). It is a nice car though, but due to poor resale, you were smarter to lease.
  • tmccaleptmccalep Member Posts: 2
    Hey Bernster...can you tell me how you got your STS to recognize your bluetooth consistently on startup...i have to connect it through configuration everytime and it really makes it not worthy on short trips...also i get complaints that people cant hear me too well but i hear them just fine...do you have that problem? do you think its the phone? by the way i have a blackberry7520...thanks for your help.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Whore stories galore over at the Cadillac forum websites regarding trade in prices on 05' Cadillacs. Especially the STS. In excess of 35% "haircuts" when attempting to trade in an 05' on another Cadillac. The employee discount success has turned the used car market into a "depression." And Cadillacs have always depreciated more than the average. This time it's even worst.
  • justgreat47justgreat47 Member Posts: 100
    very true....and this is a good thing, for me, anyway...if you like a fwd platform (i'm basically neutral to in favor of them) you can pick up an 03/04 sls for 25k with low miles. IF you're a buy and hold em type (like myself) caddys are the way to go..lots of engineering and features built into them and their value drops like a stone...in a few years, the 05 v6's will be on the lots for 25-30k. not a bad deal, in my book. jackg 90seville 98k
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    I agree 100% that a low mileage Cadillac is the "way to go." I think they make a great vehicle but DON'T buy them new. Have a subscription to the auto auctions throughout the Midwest region and saw an STS 05' V-8 with 7K miles on it recently. Have not followed up on what it actually sold for. Will pass it on when I do. Just for conversation purposes if nothing else.
  • bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    Reset the recognition process to have the phone search for the car instead of the other way around, then set that phone as the default. The car will recognize the phone automatically. Make sure phone is on before car is started.
  • tmccaleptmccalep Member Posts: 2
    thanks that seems to work...unfortunately i still sound very distant to the caller...is there any solution out there besides switching phones? my dealer is clueless and doesnt think anything is wrong with my mic.
  • mnjoemnjoe Member Posts: 36
    Can you explain how to do this, I don't understand but would like to try it. Thanks.
  • acenjacenj Member Posts: 58
    I started my car search thinking i'm buying american.

Looked at the STS V8 w/ nav, and thought it was for me. I liked the ride, hated the blah interior, but w/ the nav i thought i looked techy enough. I then stopped at a Infinity dealership and checked out the M45. WOW. I was blown away by that car. The outside was so so IMO, the interior was one of the nicest i've ever seen.

After talking to my brother, he promptly said "your thinking of paying 50+K for an infiniti / caddy - what are you nuts??? Go look at a benz first"

So I did. I drove the E320, and was amazed at the tank-like ride. The dealer then gave me an e500 to drive over to the new car lot and i was really drooling. Anyway, quality issues aside- i picked up a e500 4matic (awd) for 55K. What was it missing:
    Nav (addable for 1100, xm/sirius, and bluetooth). The interior fit/finish and exterior fit/finish were superb. The biggest selling point (outside of the price) was the ride.
    I would rate the benz first, the STS second, and the M45 third in terms of road noise/firm feel.

Anyway, i really like the caddy, BUT when you can buy the benz for the same price w/ AWD as the caddy w/ nav, i thought it was a no brainer. I did look at consumers and MB has made strides every year w/ respect to their quality issues on the E since 03.
    I think the STS needs to be about 50-55K when you can get a E for 55K. They can't afford to be in the 60+ range w/ this car - its just way overpriced IMO. It should be competing w/ a V8 & nav in the high 40's IMO.

Aceman
    E320 is a nice looking, stylish car.

WSJ has run a series of articles this year about unhappy German car owners - Benz in particular. One guy had the color come off his driver's seat in 6 months!
    Another owner returned his car for squealing brakes multiple times with no satisfaction. Got rid of it in less than a year. Do a search on the WSJ for details.

Benz sales are way off because of reports like these - look at the monthly sales figures.

I owned two Benzes in the late 80's early 90's (mine and wife). Good-looking, comfortable vehicles for that time.

But the service and upkeep costs were astronomical. Never again for me.
    It was not only the money, but the time consumed and dealer attitude as well.

As far as CR is concerned, I have bought several recommendations of theirs - from a car to toilets and sinks for remodeling and was less than happy with my purchase. I no longer use their recommendations. There are too many other places on the web to get comments and reviews from users in real life situations.

I can think of one car right now that they recommend, yet if you look at that car's discussion board right here on Edmunds you will see a list of gripes.

I too was somewhat impressed by the M35/45. Like you, I thought the exterior was way, way too plain for a high-end car. But a lot of toys for the money.

Good luck.
  • xkssxkss Member Posts: 722
    The European-spec STS-V will have 476 hp (DIN).
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    A reporter is looking to interview folks who recently bought, ordered, or are considering ordering an AWD BMW 5-Series, Cadillac STS4, Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic, Audi A6 Quattro or Lexus GS300 AWD and is getting the car to replace an SUV. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, September 15, 2005 with your daytime contact information and the makes/models of the vehicles coming and going in your life at this time.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • coolguycoolguy Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinking about the 2006 STS in either blue chip or black exterior. Does anyone have any thoughts on which looks best, and whether a tan or black interior is the best match for either of these? I know this doesn't sound important, but its the little decisions like this that stir-fry my brain circuits.
  • mnjoemnjoe Member Posts: 36
    The Black is beautiful. I chose against it because my car is outside all the time and I can't keep it clean. Mine is Silver Smoke. I chose a black interior because it is much less common and I thought classier. I've had two previous STSs with tan interior and needed something different. My humble opinion: black on black is beautiful and classy, blue on tan is sportier but still very attractive.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    Black on Black is very hard to beet with the STS, its just the way those 18inch wheels and LED taillamps look when encompassed by the black reflective surroundings.

Black is also the traditional cadillac exterrior, especially here in NY and around the madison ave/wall st. The blue on black looks nice too. If they have a midnight blue option you should check it out.

BTW, dark red isn't too bad either. I don't mean to make it more frustrating lol!
    :)

I was checking competetive info on the STS versus the infinity M and Lexus GS and found this bizzarre...

Click here to go to the comparison

In the safety section:

Security 2006 Cadillac STS V8 2006 Infiniti M 45 Sport 2006 Lexus GS 430 Base

------------------------------------STS----------------M-----------------GS
    Automatic Notification
    of Airbag Deployment------Standard---Not Available---Not Available
    Emergency Services-------Standard---Not Available---Not Available
    Remote Door Unlock-------Standard---Not Available---Not Available
    Stolen Vehicle Tracking---Standard---Not Available---Not Available
    Roadside Assistance------Standard---Not Available---Not Available
    Hands-Free,
    Voice-Activated Phone----Standard---Not Available---Standard

There is more, Why doesn't Cadillac advertise this?

There is more, check it out!
  • scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    Those are the OnStar features. I think that it is standard for a year. You pay $$$ for the airtime for the phone. After a year, you pay a subscription fee. OnStar is nice. Mercedes has a version too. Lexus offered Lexus Link (OnStar), but it wasn't very popular.
  • 69442w3069442w30 Member Posts: 1
    WOW what a blast to drive.

It pulls like a jet engine, and sounds like one too. You get pressed into your seat and can hear the supercharger whine as it pulls to redline.

The brakes are fantastic also, repeated hard use and no fade, a little smell and brake dust are expected.

This car performs better than I expected, and much better than the M3 and 911 guys thought it would. Both stopped me to ask what it was, after they caught up at the light.

Great Job by Cadillac and General Motors in producing Corvette performance in a 4 door car.

I love the XM radio, Onstar, and the navigation system. :shades:
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    "WOW what a blast to drive. "

When, where (and why) were you allowed to drive an STS-v?
    Just curious, since I have seen no other reviews . .
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Thinking that (at the MSRP) it certainly ought to be a thrill ride (drive) . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    "Thinking that (at the MSRP) it certainly ought to be a thrill ride (drive) "

Addition \ edit:

And if these estimates are correct . .

http://www.gmbuypower.com/vehicleList.bp?make=Cadillac&model=All&modelId=all&makeId=006&id- entifyThumbnail=showAllMake

Well - yikes!
    - Ray
    Expecting the 6th gear in the auto trans to have helped more . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    "Expecting the 6th gear in the auto trans to have helped more"

You think 469 HP with low ratio gearing should get 30 mpg?

This car is for performance people that know they'll pay for both the car and the driving - and can afford it.

If they offered a 1 year lease, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    I just don't need that much car all the time.

I have a 2005 Luxury V6 model and it has plenty of punch - and decent mileage - real world 24 mpg on the hwy.

If that's not enough, you can always buy an Avalon and pretend.
    “You think 469 HP with low ratio gearing should get 30 mpg?”

No – I do not expect the STS-v to be rated at 30 MPG in the EPA highway test.

The v’s final drive ratio is published as: GU5 = 3.23:1.
    This is the same final drive ratio as the ‘regular’ V8 in 1SF form.
    I do not consider this to be a very aggressive ratio.
    (I presume that is what you mean by ‘low’, in this context.)
    The STS V8 with 1SG (without AWD) is GU6 = 3.42 – somewhat more aggressive, regarding acceleration.

The 6 speed automatic (6L80) highest gear ratio is 0.67.
    The 5 speed automatic on all other V8 STSs highest gear is 0.76.

This means that with the new 6 speed (with a substantially wider ratio spread) the STS-v has a more aggressive launch gear (v = 12.98 to 1) than the V8 1SG, and still has a significantly taller overall high gear ratio (v = 2.146 vs 2.60) and thus (all other things being roughly equal) ought to allow something close to a 15% reduction in engine RPM at cruise in top gear.

Weight of the V8 AWD = 4295 on caddy’s web site.
    Weight of the STS-v is shown as 4233.

My point here is only that with similar weight, better gearing and identical acceleration traces required for the EPA ratings, I’d expect the STS-v not to be significantly worse than the STS V8 AWD, at 16 / 23.

Interesting that another source (Automotive Information Center’s online comparison data) actually shows EPA 15 / 23 for the STS-v. I find those numbers somewhat more plausible than 13 / 17 – and this would not be the first time that I have seen where GM’s web site published information has been incorrect or inaccurate.

Oh. And thanks so much for the suggestion about the Avalon.
    - Ray
    Finding a V8 with 300+ HP & TQ and EPA highway rating of 27 to be somewhat more fun . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    Well, if I may comment: With the 3.42:1 axle ratio, the STS can burn up its tires. The 2.73:1 axle ratio seems to give the same 0-60 and quarter mile performance, if not actually slightly better performance. The 6 speed transmission has a 4:1 first gear giving it a much lower overall ratio than the 5 speed in first gear, even with a 3:1 axle ratio.

The 2006 EPA MPG ratings do not show anything for either the STS_v or the XLR_v. Cadillac's websites also do not show any estimates either, although the build it youself does.
    "With the 3.42:1 axle ratio, the STS can burn up its tires."

One (apparent) attempt at dealing with this issue is, the STS-v rear tire size: P275/40R19 - on 9.5" wide wheels. (vs. 255/45 x 18 max.)

- Ray
    Ready for my test drive (yuk)
    2022 X3 M40i
    I have very little interest in the Cadillac V cars. I am far more interested in getting something with good performance and fuel economy. A supercharged engine does not seem like a good choice.

Better tires may help with the traction problem, but my basic point was that the choice of axle ratios on the STS seems to be one of existing hardware (the 3.42:1 from the V6, the 3.23:1 from the SRX) rather than something that for the V8 STS would improve overall performance.
  • chuck6434chuck6434 Member Posts: 1
    Need detailed instruction on how to turn off Service Engine Soon light. Thanks!
    Chuck
  • hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    It would be best if you knew what was causing the light to come on, rather than ignoring it/shutting it off. The light does exist/come on for a reason...

Some auto parts places (i.e. Autozone) will read the code and tell you what the problem is, for no charge.

Otherwise, if you know why the light is on (i.e. loose gas cap - very frequent reason), you could disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for about 30 minutes. This should cause the computer to reset - the code may be stored, but the light should go out.

--Robert
    Click and Klack (cartalk-PBS) suggest putting a bit of tape over it - either black electrical tape or duct tape.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    And, duct tape can now be purchased in red or yellow, so no more dull, drab, silver/gray...duct tape aka Alabama Chrome...:):):)
  • gene123gene123 Member Posts: 7
    I am considering purchasing a 2003 Seville STS. This is still front wheel drive, V-8 engine which sets crosswise. the battery is under the back seat. I haven't driven it yet, just talked to the salesman over the phone. It has power front seats, heated and cooled. Memory outside mirrors and front seats. Bose sound system. This car has 36,810 miles on it with 3 years left on GM 6 year, 100,000 mile warranty. On Star paid for 6 months. Are there any major problems with this year model? Are there terminals in the engine compartment for jumper cables if needed? How difficult is it to get to the battery?
    I have not seen the issue yet, but a usually reliable source writes that Jan 2006 MT test results are:

STS-V
    0-60 4.8
    0-100 11.9
    1/4 Mile 13.3@105.7
    60-120 13.3
    100-140 15.7
    130-0 553 ft
    100-0 317
    Skidpad 0.90
    mpg 17

CLS55
    0-60 4.3
    0-100 9.8
    1/4 Mile 12.5@114.5
    60-120 9.7
    100-140 10.4
    130-0 546 ft
    100-0 320
    Skidpad 0.91
    mpg 18

- Ray
    Pondering . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    It looks like the difference in acceleration is about 11-12%, favoring CLS55.

The difference in base price will be about 11-14%, favoring STS-V.

The difference in the "out the door" price will be 17- 20%,
    favoring STS-V.

The difference to the American economy in buying an American vehicle is about 99.99%, favoring you if your paid in US Dollars.
  • gene123gene123 Member Posts: 7
    A couple more questions about the 2003 STS V-8:
    1. What fuel does it use--premium or regular unleaded?

2. Is this year model STS well insulated against outside noise like GM ads say the 2005 models are?
    I think that the STS is supposed to get premium fuel. The SLS (I have a 2002 model) can use 87 octane, but I use premium because I think that the preformance is very marginally better. I find that my car is quiet. The battery is under the rear seat and is not hard to get to. There is a box under the hood for jumping I think, although I would not recommend going around jumping other cars. You should not need a jump to get started.

One thing to monitor carefully is the coolant level. Any loss of coolant needs to be checked out sooner rather than later, as a leaky head gasket can result in engine failure. The most probable cause will be a failing water pump that should be repaired before the engine overheats. An overheated engine might result in a head gasket failure.
    C+D just received last night:
    They also report STS-v Quarter Mile as: 13.3
    (Comparison test with MB and BMW M5.)
    - Ray
    Unable to recall any other numbers . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    [[ Edit: 13.2 - at 107 - sorry! ]]

And they quote the EPA rating as 14 / 20.

C+D just received last night:
    They also report STS-v Quarter Mile as: 13.3
    (Comparison test with MB and BMW M5.)
    - Ray
    Unable to recall any other numbers . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

2006 STS-v is now reported here.
    - Ray
    Thinking at least 20 is better than 17 . . over 17% better, in fact . . and given the (relatively) small STS fuel tank size . .
    2022 X3 M40i

and the brakes that stop it

• montemayormontemayor Member Posts: 2
    hi my name is rocky. i have a problem that maybe you could help me out with. i have a cadillac sts 95'. it used to overheat but now it backfires and wont start. i have to wait a while so it can start. once it starts and runs there is a rattling noise. what is the problem and what can i do to fix it? it also loses compression. when i bought it had been in an accident. i bought it for $500. at first it had the wrong radiator on so i replaced it. then i changed the thermostat. i also took off the catalytic converter from the exhaust, at least i think thats what its called. id appriciate it if you could help me out. thanks.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You might want to also post this in our Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion. Good luck - hope we can help.
    It has been quite some time since I was this disappointed in a test drive. Probably 20 years – or more.

The STS-V is not a bad car. Not nearly. But the driving dynamics do not justify the MSRP, IMHO. Not nearly. And I in no way mean to disrespect the V.

The interior is quite nice. Fit, finish, materials and ergonomics on the Black over Gray example I drove were acceptable. The seating is comfortable.

The issues for me were the drivetrain and the suspension. The dynamics.

First, the motor. I do not doubt the published acceleration numbers. But in about 10 miles of driving – from busy4 & 6 lane surface streets to just over 90 MPH on the Interstate, the engine just does not feel that powerful and the car does not feel as quick as the numbers would suggest. In 2nd and 3rd and 4th gear, the acceleration seemed quite ‘flat’.

The exhaust is very quiet – allowing the predominant noise at all times to be the supercharger whine. From outside (as the salesman was backing it in against the dealer’s showroom, there was a bit of burble – and the whine seemed less pronounced. But I would be (much) more concerned with what I hear while driving.

The 6 speed automatic trans. is (as stated most everywhere) a bit slow to respond – particularly on downshifts. I drove exclusively in Manumatic mode – as I almost always have in my current and past 3 sport sedans. It does not rev match on downshifts – making downshifts to 3rd or 2nd rather more jolting than I’d hoped. Upshifts are executed reasonably quickly and are well managed – but again the pause between request & shift is long enough to be annoying.

I found the suspension to be rather irritatingly stiff & harsh over many surfaces. Again, surprisingly so. (They did dump the Magnaride. Interesting.) The handling seemed OK – I did not push the cornering much, with the salesman in the right seat. But the ride did not impress me. I did check the tire pressures – 31 or 32 PSI in each.

Now, a bit of background, to help put this in some context. The last really high performance sedan I drove was the 2004 Jag S-Type R the general manager of the local dealership ‘forced’ me (of please, no) to take for 36 hours. At roughly the same time I test drove several other $50 – 60K Sport Sedans – Audi S4 and A6 V8s, etc. Prior to that I have driven a couple of Lincoln LS V8 Sports for a total of over 50,000 miles. (A Y2K and a 2003.) I currently am driving a 2005 Grand Prix GXP.

My GXP feels quicker than the V. I realize that it is not. Published numbers peg the GXP at low 14s in the Quarter. It sounds better than the V – to me. (Essentially no mechanical engine noise – and Pontiac engineered the exhaust to allow some of the heterodyne V8 beat through.) The (rather) old style 4 speed automatic with TAPShift manumatic control actually feels much better (to me) when it shifts up and down that the V. And the pauses before shift execution seem shorter. Weird. And the GXP’s ride (I drove it on most of the same test drive loop immediately after I left the dealership) is actually a better compromise between ride and handling. Again – for \ to me.

Odd. Very odd.

More to the point: Although in some respects one could argue that the S-Type R is not a direct competitor to this V, if those were my only 2 choices – I’d pick the Jag – in a heartbeat. The acceleration feel was better in the 400 HP Jag. The J-Gate is not a wonderful substitute for a true manumatic, but the trans. overall was superior to the V’s. The Jag’s ride was much better. Etc.

I have no intention of driving a car such as the STS-V or the Jag on a track. I am thus only concerned about what it can do under real world conditions – and particularly how it ‘feels’ while performing at well below absolute cornering limits. From a Car and Driver test of the S-Type R: “ . . handling remains in a league with the M5 and Mercedes E55 AMG, but the ride is considerably more plush.”

I took the test drive (I had not initially intended to even ask to drive the V) largely because the current limited supply, and initial allotment in some areas apparently being sold might limit test drive access – for a while. Thus my attempt to offer some insight from a potential buyer’s perspective. My only goal here is to try to provide readers with another point of view – typically at least slightly different from those who test drive for a living.

My focus here on acceleration is largely because I would use all of the acceleration available every day I drove it. Since I can do that, at least for some duration, with most anything short of a Corvette Z06. Safely, legally, and without annoying other citizens too much. In contrast, I do not exceed 7 or 8 tenths of absolute cornering capability, for instance, in my street driving. Leaving room for the unexpected. But acceleration – there I feel that I can use all of it – and much more often.

Part of my point here in specifying the sedans I have driven is actually that since I have ** not ** owned a directly competing sedan, my expectations were that I’d be extremely impressed. (The term "blown away" comes to mind here.) If I drove one of the direct competitors daily, I would likely have been even less impressed than I was. But I think Caddy is looking for potential buyers among those that currently own sedans that one could classify as ‘one rung down’ from the V. Those with an STS V8 (1SF or 1SG) class sedan, for instance, or one of the many competitors in that class, now looking to step up. And again, I in no way mean my car ownership & test driving experiences to impress or qualify me – only to provide background and context.

So. Just my $0.02 . . .
    YMMV.
    - Ray
    Crossing the V off the shopping list . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by the acceleration being "flat". I suspect that you mean there isn't a noticable increase in performance as the engine speed increases. One should not be surprised at this as the torque is flat averaging right at 420 lb-ft from 2000 RPM's to 6000 RPM's. The peak is 439, ~5% more than the average, but the point here is that the torque is plus or minus 5% of 420 lb-ft over the 2000 to 6000 RPM range. So one should not expect a burst of power as the engine picks up speed.

The six speed automatic is new, and may need some refinement before it performs as it should. When it comes to ride and handling, you can have one or the other, but the best combination of both is very difficult. Cadillac has used the variable shock absorber to try to get the best of both and I am not sure they were very successful in the past.
    The STS-V beat out the MB and was 2nd place behind the BMW is a Car and Driver test. I am not sure if it was mentioned here.

If you felt the acceleration flat it was b/c compared to your car this is a vault of solidity and I am sure in the MB and BMW you would get the same feeling. This is why these cars cost 75K and not 35K. Its one thing to make it go fast, its another to make it do so effortlessly.

I don't understand why this forum is so dead. This car is NOT in any way outclassed by its competition. What gives?
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    The only reason the STS-V won over the CLS55 was because of a bigger back seat and cheaper price. In performance the STS-V is indeed outclassed by the CLS55 and it can't even come close to the M5. The CLS55 beaten the STS-V in Motor Trend quite easily, and Automobile Magazine came right out and said that STS-V doesn't have what it takes to compete the Germans.

That latter comment Automobile may have been a little overboard though. It is an impressive car though still.

If nothing else the STS-V is easily "outclassed" when it come to performance.

M
This discussion has been closed.