Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    If you want a better price you have to be willing to travel. See if they'll match some out of town dealer.
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    If I was you....I would look around in the Chicago area.....more dealerships equal better bids equal saving money....now having said that...invoice on the non-navi is around $25,300 (including dest) so you have to out way the savings with the traveling and inconvience....I grew up in your neck of the woods and I know Chicago is not a real far distance....consider it a road trip....not sure if you have a trade or not....but a plane ticket from minneapolis to chicago is not all that much...
    I would go to the Acura webpage....send out internet quote requests to all of the dealers between you and chicago and just see what happens? What can it hurt?
    That way you can get some prices and see if it is worth going through allot to save some money.....for me...I went 135 miles away from my home and saved $1300 bucks! But for me....there is no way I would pay that much for an 05 TSX....unless I really, really wanted it....then the answer is simple...you have no choice but to pay the price close tohome and call it a day....either way...good luck!
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    also check out post #1983 in this forum....he just bought in the Chicago area...
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Biker makes a good suggestion. Expand your scope and try to pit dealers against each other in a bidding war. I travelled 300 miles to get my TSX, because this dealer was willing to deal when no local dealer would, and it was a very pleasant experience.

Completed the whole deal over the phone with the internet manager.

You could also send out emails to various dealers stating what you are looking for and what you're willing to pay, then let competition take over. With the '06's on the way, somebody will come up with the goods.
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    I am a huge believer in the (non-)negotiation strategy of telling multiple dealers what you want, and letting them compete for your business.

But (and it's a big BUT) you have to compare the TOTAL cost of buying from one deal to the next. $500 off at a dealer 500 miles away might not be "cheaper" when you factor in the cost of travel to/from, especially if you value your time and adjust for the hassle factor, too.

And it is worth remembering as well that some dealerships have service departments that treat their sales customers better than non-sales customers.
  • kobestopperkobestopper Member Posts: 3
    Highly doubtful, since that would mean the car would need to cost under $25K before tax -- good luck, though.
  • kobestopperkobestopper Member Posts: 3
    What are government fees and how much should they be for a TSX?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Gov't fees is a fancy way to say sales tax, license & registration. They can vary widely depending on where you live, so there's no real way for us to tell you what to expect. Usually your county, city, or state revenue department website can help you determine what the rate is in your area.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cathy2cathy2 Member Posts: 8
    Advice from anyone who has already bought one? Had I read the Jetta forum before buying one I never would have!
    I see there are issues with rattles. Anything else? Do you enjoy or regret your purchase?
    Many thank s
  • drapdrap Member Posts: 1
    Compared prices in Northern Virginia in late October. Pohanka, Radley, and Karen Radley offered very similar prices from their Internet Managers. All three had a very limited supply of 2005 TSX's. I ended up going with Radley in Bailey's Crossroads, VA because they had the colors I wanted on the lot.

2005 Acura TSX, automatic, non-nav, black ext., parchment int.
    $25,800
    plus a $245 doc fee (which I couldn't talk them out of) and the standard TTL.
    Extras: all season mats, free oil changes and inspection for life, & wheel locks.

Not the best deal I've seen, but not the worst. I came in armed with all the great information I picked up by reading these forums.

Buying from Radley was quick and fairly painless. They didn't haggle me too much over extra warranties and insurance. I turned down all of their polite offers! The 2 year Virginia registration was a nice surprise. The only additional fee was the $245 doc fee.

So far the car's been running great... a nice upgrade from my 1998 Honda Civic EX.
    Congrats. Enjoy your car. :shades:
  • stl0090stl0090 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased new over the weekend. Had a very unpleasant experience at
    Leta Acura, the salesman J** was disinterested, confrontational, and
    appeared angry from the initial grumbled greeting. I (later) stated I'd
    emailed him a few times with no response, to which he replied "I don't do
    email". Also, I witnessed another Leta salesman belittle a customer.
    Very unpleasant and discouraging experience, I almost cancelled the next
    Acura appointment and went to Lexus.
    Fortunately I did keep the next appointment at Mungenast St. Louis
    Acura which was an entirely different experience. Salesman B**** was not
    only pleasant, polite and interested, but actually very helpful. I had
    a price I intended to pay, which was quickly agreed to and everything
    was done. Mungenast was a pleasant experience with friendly
    service-oriented people, while Leta was a horrible, off-putting experience which
    will prevent me from visiting them again and from servicing any of my
    Acuras in their department.
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    Wow, what a timely response. I've been working with B**** at Mungenast but have been frustrated so far in getting a good deal, so I've just sent an email off to Leta.

I can lease an 06 Accord V6 with an MSRP almost exactly the same as the non-navi 06 TSX for $360 + tax, yet the best quote I've gotten for a TSX is $425 + tax?

In fairness, the $425 was an 05, so I've also sent another email to Mungenast asking about the 06 which should have better residual.
  • ronyronronyron Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to know if I could still acquire a TSX on a lease program of $2,000 downpayment including gov't fees, $350/mo, on a 36 month lease. Miami, Fl
  • playboyplayboy Member Posts: 4
    In NJ where can i find the best price? Pl help me.
  • stl0090stl0090 Member Posts: 2
    Good luck sdiver68, as i mentioned, I emailed Leta many times, with no response. I hope you have a better experience. I can't offer any advice regarding your lease numbers as i purchased outright, but there is probably someone willing to take your offer. Please post your results.
  • djc314djc314 Member Posts: 18
    With only two dealerships in town it is my opinion that the dealerships do not work too hard to get your business and probably even "chat" with each other on how low they will go...I have been to both dealerships trying to buy a car...neither want to price at levels even close to what this site notes...and fyi the Leta salesmen flat out told me that St. Louis Accura would always be able to be beat Leta by $500 on new due to the size difference between the dealerships which gives Acura discount Munganast gets...I went with a trade in to Munganast and did not get back to him until two weeks later and the price he offered on the trade in dropped $1000 and he would not budge...I even heard the salesmanager with training a new salesmen there saying "you have to control the sale...it's our car and they want to buy it...."..does not sound to "client" oriented to me...last time I looked there were plenty of other cars to buy and if I want an Accura bad enough I can go to KC or Chicago...anyway they may have the car but it is pretty useless sitting on their parking lot while my cash is sitting in my pocket...
  • redbugeyeredbugeye Member Posts: 16
    I purchased a 2005 TSX (grey/quartz) with auto, no navi at $26,300 on Oct 31. This includes destination charge, fog lamp, mad guards, wheel locks and trunk mat. The doc fee was $35. Tax and title are not included. They gave me 5 % APR for the financing ($3,000 down). I think it is a good deal, not the best though. I tried various dealers in Mid-west, but the best I got was $100 above invoice with $50 doc fee for 2005 model (without tax and title)... I was told that 2006 model will be on mid-Dec by a sales man, but thy are already out there... A little bit disappointed, but I will not get the deal I had with 2006 model anyway. I am pretty happy with TSX except I already have experienced rattle from drivers side A pillar when it is cold and some “wee”- or “hyuu”-noise coming from behind the center console when driving from 35 mph to 60 mph with gear at 4 or 5 as many people posted in this forum... I have 260 miles on the TSX. I will take in my car soon and ask to fix the problems. The first tank gave me ~20 mpg. I drive around 80 % city (very little congestion) and 20 % state highway for the 24 mile-commute. I hope that the mileage is improved over the time as some of you have experienced.
  • mbeachammbeacham Member Posts: 6
    How does OTD for $28,025 sound for an 06 non-nav? We tried to get a 2005, but they couldn't find one, so now this is the option to get a 2006 - I can't tell if we should try to hold them to the original offer for the 05, or if we're lucky to get this price for the 06. This includes 3% sales tax, $400 doc fee (grrrrrr), and tags......
  • laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    Since we all have different tax rates and fees, depending on what state we live in, could you tell us what that breaks down into. What is the base price offer you got with destination included and before added fees? Too bad you're not in the Dallas, TX area. Assuming the dealer websites are accurate, there are still a few '05's around here.
    Sure - we're guessing on the invoice price, but taking it up about 2.5% since that's how much the MSRP went up, that gives us a base invoice of $25043 plus $615 destination = $26,018. Add $750 for dealer profit = $26,768, 3% sales tax and $398 doc fee, ~60 for tags comes to $28,025 OTD. No 2005 CG to be found anywhere in the Southeast, supposedly.......
    Sounds like a good deal. Don't forget to account for the dealer holdback they get of around 3% of MSRP ($836 non-navi). I am looking forward to getting an '06 as well. I shopped for an '05 last Nov/Dec but decided to wait on a purchase. I went back through the email quotes I was got from then. They were mostly around invoice so I'm hopeful I will be offered the same this time around since it was a refresh and not a remodel. I also have a possible trade. Wow...3% tax...must be nice...6.25% here.
  • carguy000carguy000 Member Posts: 55
    Mbeacham: I'm interested in finding out where in NC (discovered you're in the Tarheel State from your profile) you're purchasing the car, possibly the dealer, and if you went through the internet manager to get those numbers.

I'm currently trying to decide when/where to purchase an '06 TSX (Glacier Blue/Quartz), and while I'm familiar with most of the dealerships in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh area, having just finished school down there, I'm now up in the DC-Metro area, with some of the larger Acura dealerships in the U.S. At least one of them, so far, has refused to budge off sticker, and I KNOW he can go lower.

I'd appreciate any help or insight. And from any other folks, as well, who may have dealt with the same issues.

Thanks.
    I did go through Internet manager, and our best price came from the dealer in Faytetteville - maybe to far for you to drive, but we also got a decent offer from the dealer in Winston-Salem. Chapel Hill and Cary both refused to negotiate, and would not match the offer from other dealers. Good luck - experience seems to vary all around.....
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    Buying from Radley was quick and fairly painless.

Getting service from Radley, on the other hand, can be VERY painful.
  • ioanniskioannisk Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    may I ask in which dealership,city you got that price?
    Non-Navi incl. $615 dest = $26,051, Navi incl. $615 dest. = $27,872. Got the numbers from another auto research site. Edmunds now has the '06 TSX listed but is has not posted invoice yet.
  • bogmancomethbogmancometh Member Posts: 6
    Where did you get it for $26,051?
    Haven't gotten it yet. About to start dealer shopping. I had pretty good responses last year when I was pricing. Offers of invoice or a little bit over. I hope they do the same this year now that I'm finally ready to do the deal. Cars.com has invoice listed for the '06 as of yesterday.
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    The super high resale of 04-05 makes the a new 06 seem much more logical. for instance I looked at a nice 04 carbon grey TSX at local toyota dealer. Called owner (name in glove box) He paid $24,900 July 04, 17,000 miles now.
    Toyota wants $24,000!! He guessed they could sell for $22000 and make money (he traded for forerunner and you know how that gets all messed up $$$).
    Bottom line even if I could buy for $23k why not wait for a $27k new TSX deal with bluetooth, lots of extra warranty, XM, more HP, new style, memory seats....
  • lexusoracuralexusoracura Member Posts: 13
    is it wise for the 100,000 mile 6 year extended warranty? I'm trying to buy the 2006 TSX with Navi (blue) and they want 29.890 + dest (lo jack and above warranty for $31495) is that fair? they hvae at 5.9%. they have received a few but not the one I want...I can still say no cause my wife has not signed yet and the car is not in yet.. please help!!
    :mad:
    Bag the extended warranty, you're not going to need it with the TSX. The car already comes with a 4 year, 50K mile warranty.

As far as lo jack is concerned, you'll have to decide that for yourself. I personally don't see any need for it.

Good luck.
  • ajaykajayk Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy 2006 TSX v4 Sedan without navigation. what is the best price you have gotten? dealer name?
  • tori1tori1 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in purchasing the 2005 Acura TSX, non-navi. I live in the SF Bay Area, but if there is a big markup, I was considering buying in southern california or nevada. Did you buy one recently - if so, what did you pay? I was hoping to get a little below invoice. Thanks!
  • netsrfr80netsrfr80 Member Posts: 1
    Hello to all. I live in the South Bay, San Francisco Bay area. I am looking to buy a 2006 TSX non-nav. I have several questions. First, as far as I can tell from checking dealer web inventories, the 2006s haven't arrived. Has anyone found one?

Second, I have not found the invoice price listed anywhere yet. Has anyone heard/seen anyting? I'm guessing it is around $25,500. Sound about right?

Lastly, if anyone has found the car, and purchased in this area, what did you pay? What was the car price before tax and license?

Thanks in advance. Any feedback will be appreciated.
    thanks...I just called the dealer and informed him that i will not need the extened warranty and he was cool with it, then i told him that i was not satisfied with the price given (29K plus dest + package..mud guards, trunk tray, wheel locks ...and he was like " bro, is all good, i will hook you up, come by and we will talk. I forgot to mention this earlier but he gave me a loaner car (05 TSX w/navi) for 3 days..I thought the guy was cool and cooperative with my demand until the sales manager got in the way and it went south form there!
    INVOICE....Non-Navi incl. $615 dest = $26,051, Navi incl. $615 dest. = $27,872.
  • tori1tori1 Member Posts: 2
    hi

i have been looking for a 2005 tsx and have been serramonte and burlingame acuras. i was told by both they were expected in, maybe a week ago or so, but there is a delay. they were not told exactly when, but i got the impression within the next week or two, they'd expect. any idea what i could get the 2005 non-navi for at this point? invoice is about 24750. not sure about the 2006. good luck
    I just signed the contract...(rolling eyes) and we took off the extended warranty, the useless lojack (if they steal it then my insurance can handle it) and I'm saving myself like $4800 n the long run. I did manage to throw in the package of wheel locks, mud guards, etc... for no charge...all for a for 300 under MSRP + destination charge. :) they said the 2006 TSX won't be available until mid Dec and I'm getting mine in 3 days (if these bastards are'nt lying).

A FUTURE HAPPY TSX OWNER (oh and by the way.. my old car was a 91 Accord :sick: wich had 248,000 miles and still running)
    Congrats, lexus, and good call on the extended warranty and lojack. These are nothing but stealer profit-padders.

Enjoy your shiny new car, and be sure to post your driving impressions here! You just made a major upgrade from your Accord. :shades:
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    I sat in one Friday in springfield MO. New glacier blue auto with navi $30,500. Bluetooth, fogs and MPG trip computer, memory seats are new to all TSX. Some minor updates in steering wheel. Still no one touch sunroof that even a civic now has. Getting kind of pricey at $28,500--05 close out TL's were going for unbelievable $30,200. Now side by side the TL is much larger car but not that heavier. Odd?

New glacier blue is nice. The old light blue it is not.

Regards.... Oh, I liked the old TSX wheels!
    I made deal with the dealer and told him i wanted to switch the 06 rims for the 05 one's..he said the 06 are better in quality (alloy something) but the design is weak...I told him to switch them with a 05 used model in their lot and he said it was all good!
  • lilredcorvtlilredcorvt Member Posts: 21
    I checked cars.com - don't see any invoice price listed for the 06. :mad:
    It's still there....Are you not going through the "New

Build a car & see invoice prices" dropdown on the home page????????????
    pasted from cars.com:
    2006 Acura TSX
    4dr Sedan Base
    MSRP1 Invoice2
    Base Price $27,890 $25,436
    Destination $615 $615
    Options $0 $0
    Total Price $28,505 $26,051
    My wife and I signed the contracts on Friday (the 26) and gave them the down payment and was told i would get it by today (monday the 29th)...is this a done deal even if I have not driven the car off the lot yet? . I feel these guys just wanted the sale but won't be getting my car til the 15th...that explains the free loaner car ..I talked to a friend who has a brother that works for a dealership and he informed me that if the car is not there yet, you can back out of the deal and get your down payment back.. :confuse:

please advise
    :(
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    It was long ago, but in spring of 1996, I ordered a new Acura CL coupe. The CL was new that year, and a black one with manual transmission was hard to find.
    My dealer assured me that the car was on the way. Eventually, I became irritated and started making phone calls. I learned from Acura executives in California that the Ohio plant used to manufacture the CL would be building Honda Civics all summer long, and I could not get my CL for several months, or more.
    My '83 Saab was falling apart, so I bought a new '96 Saab, much as I had wanted the Acura. I received my deposit back without a fight.

This was a Chicago area dealer, and indeed, I doubt that any dealer could retain your deposit after failing to deliver your car within a reasonable time, but it opened my eyes to the forms of deception that can be used against a buyer. I've always wondered why this particular industry must resort to such practices.

Good luck with your order. My friends who drive Acuras love them, and I hope to soon buy a TSX myself.
    I'm pretty sure that, until you sign the papers and drive the car off the lot, you can back out of the deal. Even after signing the papers you can back out. As long as you don't drive the car off the lot, you have options.

The Stealer may not like it much, but that's life.

For you, I counsel patience. You seem really antsy. If they are providing a free loaner, it seems they're dealing in good faith. What's the big rush? If you just wait, you'll be very happy with the car when it does arrive.

Two weeks isn't that long. :shades:
    Thanks Johnny,
    and you're right..! will wait for a few more days... :surprise: