Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dianka555dianka555 Member Posts: 14
    Montgomeryville Acura quoted me 28.5K for the same car... I just laughed... In the beginning I wanted to lease it, but since their residual value is not good, the lease is only 30-40 less/ month then if I buy it. So, I'm buying the car... I'm dealing with Ardmore Acura and also talked to Acura in downtown Philly. Forgot their name. I'm probably going to close this weekend, because they have the promotional 4.9% APR, which is obviously great.
    They were going to give me the car for 25.5K if I would take the ones that they have in stock. But, I'm looking for a white w/ Ebony leather and they didn't have it.
    Good luck with your search!!
    Well, in the beginning I was going to lease it. But the lease price is only $30-40 less then if I would finance it, so decided to buy it. Currently they have a promotional APR rate of 4.9%, and for a 26K car that gets the payments down to about $480/ month. Might be less for me, if I decide to put some $$ down.
    I've also done a lot of research and considered cars like BMW325, Infinity Q35X and others... The only car that I did like more than this was the Lexus IS250. It does ride much better, but there was a $250 price difference, which I wasn't willing to pay for $36K car. But because it's a brand new model and everyone wants it, the dealer wasn't even to budge by $10.00. He told me if I wanted to wait till end of summer I could get a better deal, but I just can't wait and decided that Acura was a great deal and a great car overall...
    Hope this helps...
  • hoticeteahoticetea Member Posts: 8
    Is that a 2006 modal with nav? 25.5K is an amazing deal. How about the other fees, like document fee? Would like to contact them. Thanks a lot.
    Yes, that's an 06 model. I didn't actually ask about the the other fees, but was told around couple hundred dollars.
  • hoticeteahoticetea Member Posts: 8
    That's great. Is that the dealer you are dealing with: "Piazza Acura of Ardmore" 150 West Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA. If that's the one, I will contact them today. Thanks again! :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I'd be interested to see what other charges you end up with... I'm guessing that the $26K is without destination..

Even that would be well below invoice...

This sounds to good to be true... Are you sure it has NAV? Good luck with it.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, I was surprised also about the price. I made sure that it has nav.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    I have a feeling you'll be in for "Aw shucks we made a mistake" kind of an encounter when you pick it up.

Biker, who doubts any dealer anywhere will sell an 06 NAV TSX for that much.
  • cmschmiecmschmie Member Posts: 27
    After going back and forth between the TSX and the IS250, I'm almost completely set on the TSX (about 90% in favor of the TSX). My reasons are:
    #1 The price and what you get for that price
    #2 I can actually find a manual transmission in the TSX
    #3 That IS is brand new, I just think that there will be a few problems starting to show up in the near future (even though it is a Toyota)

Can anyone tell me what a manual TSX (more than likely w/o nav.) is going for in the Southeast?
    I am shooting for the middle of April...

Thanks for the posts
    Craig
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    TSX is a good car. I had a 04 and now a 06 6MT. I bought the 6mt last week. Easy price is $26,600. I got tint and splash guards thrown in. $26,100 may be done in special situation as some have done invoice.

I saw a 6mt lexus for over 40k with nav, ML, everything. Stupid price for 204 hp.

Acura is a bargain, well equiped, reliable and sporty.

Good luck--6mt was hard to find for me. Took a month to get it in silver
  • rico23rico23 Member Posts: 29
    Hello im in sort of a dilemma... im in the market for a tsx, now i was thinking of buying a CPO but most dealers want anywhere from $22,000 to $24,000 for it and thats not even out the door... these are all 04 models... now ive read some posts about people that bought these cars brand new for around $28,000 OTD... i mean i know that these cars hold there value well but we're talking about cars that are almost 3 years old and have anywhere from 22k to 35k miles on it... does these prices seem high or are these good prices, i mean can i work them down a little? I was thinking about something like $21,000 out the door. Is this wishfull thinking??? Should i go for a new one, if so how much is a good OTD price for a new one? Man im really confused, some help would greatly be appreciated.
    I feel the same way... An '04 should be around $20K, or the new one is a much better buy.. Whether you can get that price is another matter...

The '04s came out on April 1st, 2003.. A lot of those cars will only have one year of warranty left... That alone would steer me to a new one..

The TSX is a lot like the Accord.. The resale values are so high, that it only makes sense to buy a new one.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

well the thing is that now i was throwing some numbers around and i definitly cant afford a new one...its probably gonna be like 28,000 OTD for that one right?? possibly even more... i mean the difference isnt much but the max i can afford is probably like 22,000 OTD... and yes they would only have 1 more year of warranty left but the CPO adds 1 more year to it... im sure you all knew that...so do you guys think i could get a good deal on a tsx CPO for 22,000 OTD in like say 2-3 months??? also i read some where that these cars dont have a timing belt, they have a chain so you dont have to worry about changing it is this true? according to the salesman the tsx would problably cost me less to mantain that my current 99 V6 accord, does this sound truthful as well...
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    It is quite clear that the used value still too high. 3 years coming up soon and lease end values are $17000 for most 36 month, 45k mi leases. 22k used or 26k new. No brainer with amount of warranty and equipment and new car interest rates.
    used makes no sense to me.
  • lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    hokiebird,

Regarding the $27,750 deal for TSX w/Nav in northern VA, did you get this at Pohanka, and did this include destination? I understand T&T were extra. I've seen favorable reviews for Chevy Chase Acura, but Pohanka is closer. Thanks for any info.
  • gjustusgjustus Member Posts: 22
    Hi, some of the favorable reviews about Chevy Chase came from me. I live in Fairfax. I live and work 5-7 miles from Pohanka, they don't want to give a fair price and are somewhat arrogant. I got a good price at Chevy Chase, good engouh to take the Metro over to Maryland to buy the car.
    yeah but a new tsx isnt $26k, is it??? its more like 28k... how much can i expect to pay OTD price, i live in south florida
    You are correct.... after sales tax, etc... The TSX will likely be $28K..

That still doesn't make the used one a good buy... Even if your heart is set on a TSX (also one of my favorites), sometimes it just doesn't make good fiscal sense to buy one... If the new one is out of your range, buying a three-year-old one, just because that is in your budget.. is probably not a good idea..

Don't get me wrong.. It wouldn't be any sort of huge financial disaster.. It is just my opinion that the used TSXs aren't a good value at that price level..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hokiebirdhokiebird Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, I bought this car at Pohanka in Chantilly. The price did include Dest and T&T were extra. Funny thing is we sold our old car at Carmax and as we browsed around we noticed they had a '04 for $26,500- Just $1g less than I paid for an '06- The TSX's are pretty much going for invoice or just a little over invoice.
  • hokiebirdhokiebird Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a '06 TSX w/Navi for 27,750. I think the Navi is worth about $1500 so $26K for a TSX w/o Navi is do-able- Just work the salesman a little. Personally, $26K for an '04 is ridiculous. The extra amount for an '06 financed over 4 or 5 years will make about a $20 difference per/month, if that. But you'll make up the difference when you eventually sale the car.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try and use it to my advantage when looking to make my purchase.

Did they have yours on the lot, or have to order it?
  • acuradude1acuradude1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Hokiebird,
    Did the price $27,750.00 include the Processing fee??
    or was it 27750 + TTL + Processing fee.

the dealer qouted me a much higher price on the tsx (28,400) and ttl+processing fee of 300 on top of that.

thanks
    Stinkk
    i was just wondering that myself... is that 27750 OTD price or before all the taxes and all of that??? And it wasnt 26k for an 04 its probably gonna be more like 22k-24k OTD
  • beachy3beachy3 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me where you bought your car in the Bay Area? I'm looking for an '06 automatic w/o navi. I'm trying to figure out a decent price OTD. Also, did they have the car you wanted on the lot or was it a trade?
  • acme510acme510 Member Posts: 3
    Bumping up my original post. Anyone purchase a TSX Auto w/Navi in the St. Louis area recently?
    It looks like the average selling price of an '06 6m is cuurently somewhere between $25.5k and $27k. I am pretty sure that I am going to get aftermarket wheels from the dealer (okay or not recommended?).
    But what do you think I would expect to pay for TTL? I live in Charlotte.

Thanks
    without Nav
    I think you've answered it before, but not 100% sure where I saw it.
    What exactly is "residual"?

Thanks
    When you lease a car, the residual is what the car is worth at the end of the lease.... It is typically expressed as a percentage of MSRP... though, on the lease contract, it will be spelled out as a specific dollar amount..

The residual is equal to the option price, if you decide to buy the car at the end of lease term.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Financially you'd be better off getting something other than the dealer supplied aftermarket wheels. You can get greater variety at a place like TireRack and you'd get to make some money on your old wheels if you want to sell them.
    You states' DMV can tell you the TTL rates.
    im thinking of buying some after market rims as well once i get my car... is there any other place besides tire rack that i can buy them??? and what would be the easiest way to sell the ones that come with the car, ebay??? i dont wanna deal with the shipping and all that... and finally i live in south florida can i expect to pay around 27k OTD for a '06 without navigation probably somewhere around the summer???
    You'd have to look around at other place besides TireRack. You may want to visit some TSX related forums - you can get an idea of where to list the rims - ebay is the first obvious choice - just specify local pickup in the ad. I don't know the TTL rates in FL so it's hard to say. A good price now seems to be invoice (26,051) and it may go up some during the summer. I seem to recal that FL dealers tack on some high doc fees. That plus the other TTL fees will make getting 27K OTD difficult.
  • seadmnseadmn Member Posts: 3
    Purchased my 06 TSX w/ navi from St. Louis Acura for $28,600 which included $159 Doc Fee and $189 for splash guards. I know I probably could of knocked off a couple more hundred bucks but was okay with that price point after dealing with them for aprox 3.5 hours on a sunny saturday afternoon.

I know people are getting better prices in certain markets, however, here in St Louis we only have 2 dealerships that are really not wanting to negotiate. My salesman tried to sell me the vehicle in the high 29K range. I told him that I was offered 27,800 from 2 dealerships in Chicago and would be willing to pay a fair markup not having to drive to Chicago. Long story short I offered him 28,300 and after much deliberation I felt good about getting OTD at $28,600. (stay away on sunny saturday afternoons)

My nephew just called me to inform me that his girlfriends mother just purchased a 06 TSX Navi with spoiler for $29,400 + $900.00 (spoiler) for $30,300. (same dealership)

One complaint about this dealership is that even after you negotiate a price and it is accepted they try to sell you every option or package in order to make more profit. I had 4 other of their employees try selling me the rust protection packages, titanium package, extended warranties, and fog lights (ummm.... duh no thanks fog lights are standard on the vehicle) :mad:

I love the car and I am getting 27 mpg 60% hwy and 40% city. :blush:

If you need more information....let me know!
    Got my tsx on 03/01/2006 for $28,211 (includes all season floor mats, trunk tray, mud guards, wheel locks) + TTL + $95.00 processing fee = $29,190 OTD.
    Dealer was Rosenthal acura, gaithersburg, MD.
    thanks for all the members for i learnt a lot on how to negotiate. :)
    Was this for a TSX with Nav or without Nav?
    I am just curious how this could work through e-mail.
    I live in Charlotte and there is only one Acura dealership in town :confuse: . My plan is to e-mail the dealership in town and a few others that are 1.5 hours-2.5 hours away.
    If a dealership e-mails me a quote that is "beyond belief" and I head to that dealership and they try to back out, would a printout of the e-mail suffice as "in writing"?
    Someone else asked whether this was with Nav (I'm guessing it was)... what color combo did you get? Local inventories seem heavy on the silver and carbon gray. I've only seen one glacier blue and one green along with a couple milano reds when browsing the six metro DC area dealer online inventories.
    with Nav, silver/ebony leather.
    well if so many people have paid 29k OTD with a tsx with Nav how come so many people have told me that a tsx without it for around 27k OTD is wishful thinking??? is it just because i live in south florida???
  • njtsx23njtsx23 Member Posts: 1
    Got 06 TSX non nav for $25,700 + TTL. Good deal?
    that would make it come out to be how much out the door???
    rico,

It may be due to the TTL that you pay in FL. FL requires 6%, right? The invoice price, including destination, on non-nav (at edmunds) is $26051. Add 6% tax ($1563), and you're up to $27,614 without any licensing, documentation fees, or any markup from invoice. In VA, we pay 3% tax on new vehicles, so that's ~ $750 less than in FL if all else were equal.
  • neednewcar3neednewcar3 Member Posts: 1
    Just moved to Louisiana. When my husband and I went to local dealer, they wouldn't go below $27.8K for new '06 auto. w/out nav. I got quotes over internet, but lowest so far is $27.2K + TTL. We don't want any extras, but we do want a specific color combination.

What is a fair price? Would $27K + TTL be reasonable? Is it possible for a dealer in another state to register your car directly in the state you reside? (Louisiana has a use tax for re-registering cars from out of state.)
  • carinf2carinf2 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 06 TSX W/N for $27,871 inc. destination charge at Sussman Acura in Maple Shade N.J. Very easy to deal with. Got my best deal on line before I called them, they beat it by $100. Good Deal?
    That's a great deal... right at invoice. Congrats!

What color combo did you get?
  • carinf2carinf2 Member Posts: 2
    Carbon gray pearl with ebony interior
  • cschwartz59cschwartz59 Member Posts: 14
    I am about to purchase an 06 TSX AT w/Navi. Sent email requests for quotes to various dealers in the LA/Orange County area and Keyes Acura asked me to make an offer. I offered $27,200 incl. destination, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards which they accepted. We'll see how this turns out. Any opinions? I think this is a good price.
    An amazing price.. Don't be surprised if it turns out not to include Navi..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• haizmanhaizman Member Posts: 19
    I've also been in the hunt for a TSX w/nav in the LA area. Santa Monica is pretty aggressive with an opening quote of $27,990. That includes wheel locks, but nothing else. Their pricing for the extras is where they are making up the profit.

Let us know if this works out or not. If so, then they are giving the car away at $800 under invoice (not even including the extras).

Good luck.
    In noting that a lot of offers, and some sales, have happened at or below invoice, what's a good strategy for a starting bid?

In looking for the TSX w/nav, deals in the Washington, DC area have been posted here for as low as $27,750 and $27,872 (dest included). An opening offer of $27,900 by a dealer that some have mentioned getting seems more than fair, but I wouldn't want to start higher with my bid than necessary. I imagine that the deals some got were on models that just showed up (allowing dealer to maximize holdback), and I would like to make a fair opening offer that rates consideration.

Thanks for any insight.