Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• preetipreeti Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to buy a 2006 Auto TSX non navi. Locates in West LA. I just got a deal from South bay Acura for $25,315 (includes destination, protection package of mud guards, wheel locks, and cargo tray plus fees (ttl). Is this a good price ??
  • adhocgeneadhocgene Member Posts: 8
    Woow! thats an awesome price. I am too in the process of buying. I was quoted 26500 by 4 dealers (first price) in chicago suburbs. I still have to negotiate the price with them. But, atleast I have a reference how far I need to go. Are you getting it financed? How much is the min. for 3 yrs with excellent credit score (740+) ? Any idea?
    I am just curious to know what will happen to 2007 TSX. Looks like they have already reduced the selling price of TSX 2007 by $2k in a month or so [I am not sure if this is a usual thing]. RSX is not going to be there anymore [if you haven't read the news]. What if Acura comes up with completely new model of TSX for 2007 (in Aug./ Sept) or just discontinue (probably this is unlikely but still). Any idea when the 2007 Acura TSX will be a coming and with what feature?
    I am getting it financed. I heard from someone that the 2.9% for 3 years was still on till this weekend. But i still need to confirm that.
  • adow1adow1 Member Posts: 9
    Huh? What do you mean reduced the selling price of the 2007 by $2k in a month or so.

Did you mean to say that in the last month, pricing for the 2006 TSX has come down by $2k? And where are you getting these numbers?
  • wired1wired1 Member Posts: 45
    I've spent the last few weeks getting pricing quotes on a TSX with navi here in western PA.

At least in my neck of the woods, dealers are asking for $1500-$2000 over the published invoice.

I can't seem to figure out what gives?? :confuse:
  • adow1adow1 Member Posts: 9
    I live in the Dallas, TX area and have started soliciting quotes from the Houston and Dallas dealers. One started off with $1000 over invoice and then asked me if that was a good price. So I assume that he would have gone lower.
  • terrestrianterrestrian Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info. I am in the south bay. Looking for a 6MT w/Navi too. May I ask which dealer. They all claim that 6MT is hard to come by, especially black on black. I can wait.

Thanx in advance.
  • gjustusgjustus Member Posts: 22
    I bought a TSX. It is the best value in the car class and hast he most attractive interior.
  • crudcrud Member Posts: 5
    Do not use Montgomeryville Acura! They like to play the "game." Their sales manager will assume you are an idiot and haven't done your research. I paid $26000 +TT at Davis Acura. Excellent sales team and they gave me exactly what I wanted on my trade. Sussman Acura also quoted me the same price. TSX, Auto, Non-navi. I highly recommend Davis.
  • henry3henry3 Member Posts: 22
    Just got signed for a 06 TSX, auto, no navi. The price including the destination charge is $26,400, plus ttl.
    Is that any good for NJ ?

I thought maybe few more hundreds off would be possible but they gave me best trade-in value so far on my Audi
    so I just couldn't walk away. Btw, the trade-in's you get at dealers really suck, the first and second offers they come with are just jokes, I didn't really think this would be so hard, since I had some trade-in experience on some other cars, though less luxurious than the Audi. You really have to "work" it in order to get anything even coming close to be decent from them. I got into a huge argument in the morning today at Honda dealer working on Accord V6 EX, this got me so upset I went to the Acura place but this time I had to control myself from loughing at their faces or punching someone, and at the end it was not great, not even good, but something I could live with.

Good luck everyone.
  • offset_98offset_98 Member Posts: 31
    Let me just say this...Acura of Las Vegas...GARBAGE. They didn't want to deal, talk...didn't even want my phone number! Said they sell all the TSX's at $27,000 + dealer fee of $595 + TTL. They said they can do that because they're the only dealer in town and people pay it. Are you kidding me!?

I jumped on the internet and talked to probably 10 different dealers. The end of April was near and I wanted to get the good financing. I have family in Chicago and since I will be back in Chicago next week I just got it there. Best quote in Chicagoland was at McGrath in Westmont. They were great. Got an '06 TSX 6-spd manual non-navi. for $26,500 + TTL. No markups, no fees...just the bottom line. I pick it up next Thursday and will drive it back home to Vegas next Sat-Sun. I can't wait! :shades:
  • mrgold35mrgold35 Member Posts: 73
    I purchased a 2006 TSX for $31,063+TTL in New Mexico. This included:
    - Carbon Grey w/ Quartz
    - Auto Trans
    - Navi system
    - pin striping
    - Rear wing spoiler
    - Full OEM aero kit (front/rear/side)
    - Metal trim kit
    - Sunroof visor
    - mud guards (had to take them off because of the aero kit)

I found the cargo net and trunk tray online for $100 + shipping. I added ASA AR1 17inch chrome wheels from the tire rack for about $1200. I’m going to tint the windows, add a 3M invisible bra, and install the door edge guards. This is the car my wife wanted and she let me “pimp her ride”.
  • blackstaffxblackstaffx Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting mine for 28,791 out the door, which includes splash guards, floor mats, wheel locks, and cargo net. The car has 5K miles. They're also delivering it my home 40 miles away for free. I found this vehicle in Scarsdale, NY. Is this a good deal?
  • canaanmancanaanman Member Posts: 21
    Did this price include destination or any extras? This was not out the door - correct?
  • canaanmancanaanman Member Posts: 21
    I am pricing cars and I live on both coasts. I want exactly what you got on your car but I need a few more options. After a few months now with your car, do you recommend Weir or should I try Keyes since I live in the LA area?
  • jag_drivejag_drive Member Posts: 8
    Just a word of advice, I looked at a used 2006 TSX, red, at Acura in Scarsdale...I have to believe that the car was driven VERY hard during the 1st 5k miles, since the oil change was down to 5%, and it is based on how hard the car is driven. Also, you can probably get a new car for the same price...just call the internet sales people.
    I am getting 26500 (for non-navi, auto) in chicago suburb w/ mud-pads, allweather mats, wheel locks. Is it a good price? :confuse:

How much is the interest rate you guys getting (for excellent credit score) ? for 3years / 4 years?
    Yes...see my Chicago suburbs purchase a few posts before you. I got 4.9% or 5.9% (whatever April's special was) for 60 months as well w/ excellent credit.
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    Adhocgene and offset98, may I ask where you had the best experiences in Chicago? I may be looking for a TSX soon. I live in the city, and I have no strong preference for where to buy, as all the Acura dealers are suburban, but I'd like to avoid the bad apples as best I can. I'd welcome any thoughts you'd care to share.
    Sincere thanks.
  • toscitosci Member Posts: 18
    That price included destination, but no extras. The OTD price was $29,600 once the tax was added.
    Well, Arlington Acura is pretty good overall. I went to Muller Woodfield which is supposedly ranked #1 in JDPower (as told by a salesperson) was pretty good until the topic of negotiation came. They dont even want to try to match any other dealers price [becos they are #1 :P ]. So, just avoid that one...
    They were higher than McGrath. I wasn't impressed at all.
    Conside me, a new kid on the block :blush:

What does TTL mean? How much does it come out to be?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Tax
    Title
    License

It will vary by state..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Nothing new till 08 and price will not go down $2K.
    I went to McGrath in Westmont. The internet dept. treated me right and when I met my sales person he was great. There were no "dealer paperwork fees" or Winter packages or desert packages...just the car @ a negociated price + TTL.

Just got the call this morning, my TSX is there and I'll be taking delivery on Wednesday! :)
    Does you guys taking any of the following:
    - extended warranty 6/7/8 years
    - etch thing where they will etch VIN # on all parts 200$
    - tire and wheel protection 400$
    - Paint protection 500$ and acid protection 200$
  • bigdaveinomahabigdaveinomaha Member Posts: 26
    Hello everyone! I'm interested in buying a used '06 TSX. They are starting to show up at dealerships and I would like to pick one up and save a few bucks off new. I've seen several with 5-7k miles on them (non-navi's) and are CPO's. I would like to know what others think is a fair price for one of these cars. I've gotten rediculous quotes of $27,341. I actually laughed in the guys face! Is 25K unreasonable? What if it's not CPO?
  • zdr81zdr81 Member Posts: 14
    It sounds good. I just bought my 06 acura tsx yesterday, auto, no navi for $26,300 pre-TTL. I traded in my 97 ford taurus with 83.5K miles for $1500 :( At least I got him from $1000 to $1500 .. but KBB was for $1800. Oh well, at least he gave me complimentary wheel locks (i know.. not much).
  • bananafusionbananafusion Member Posts: 4
    The extended warranty is iffy, some swear by them, but others point out that warranty companies have to sell them at a price where they can still make money on average. Consumer Reports says not to get them. You also do not have to buy it from the dealer you bought the car from or when you buy your car. You can buy it online or from any Acura dealer. Curry Acura seems to have the best price of $1,685 for 8 years/120k, so just make sure you don't pay more than that.

The rest you don't need. Etching the VIN# is a complete waste of money, and the paint is already protected and regular waxing would continue that. Not sure what the tire and wheel protection is, but it also sounds like just another way for the dealership to make an easy $300.

Anyways, I picked up my ASM/Quartz Auto with Nav last week from Orange Park Acura in Jacksonville, FL. I used the postings on here and on another Acura forum and saw that people were getting them on average for about $28,500 and the good deals were $28,300 or lower. Southern California and certain parts of the country though people were getting them for around invoice.

So I sent out emails to every dealership in north and central Florida, and got a few quotes quite a bit higher, and then Orange Park quoted me $28,100, plus a $500 dealer fee. Two other dealerships I tried negotiating with also had the same fee, and none of them would budge. So ended up negotiating for $28,512 including all dealer fees, and not including TTL. So more than I hoped to pay (and I could have probably negotiated it a little lower) but it was still about $400 less than the next closest price (and $1500 less than one reply I got). For some reason it's pretty high in Florida. Also got wheel locks, splash guards, and trunk tray.

Also made sure they didn't put on the dealer logo on the back (my girlfriend hates that). All in all not too bad of an experience for buying my first car ever. Doing it over the internet helped a lot, and while the TMV was way off, being able to read these posts came in really handy to know what I should be paying.
  • tsx2006ztsx2006z Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2006 Acura TSX w/auto and no navigation at Acura of Boston in MA. The dealership offered me the 2.9% interest rate for a 3 year loan. I ended up getting the car for 26,900 w/TTL. I also traded in a salvaged 1998 Nissan Maxima w/183k miles on it, can't be worth much! I was very impressed w/their straight forward approach and their price was significantly cheaper than any other quotes I received.
  • moo1moo1 Member Posts: 7
    Haven't seen any used 06s but I just talked to a dealer yesterday about an 05 non-nav with 7K miles on it. He said the sticker was $25,900. Only difference that I am aware of between 05 and 06 is blue tooth, am I missing anything else? Anyway, I am thinking if I can save around $2000 off the new 06's (which seem to be going for 26,000 - $26,500) I might go for it, otherwise buy new. Don't know if, say, $24,250 is realistic. Anyone bought anything similar to this lately that can help?
    I compared 2005 Carbon Gray w/black interior and no navi to the same in 2006. I couldn't get a OTD price on a 2005 of 24,000 - the dealer didn't even want to negotiate b/c he said it was too low. On the other hand I was able to get a 2006 OTD at 26,900. I figured at the very most it was a difference of 3k between 05 and 06 but you also have to remember that if your financing you can usually get a low rate on a new car but a used car rate will start at about 7% or so. I got 2.9% on the 06 and so that saves you another 1k or so. And when you take into consideration the new features in 06 I decided it was worth the extra 1-2k to get a car with no miles instead of 12k or so.
  • tsxtsxtsxtsxtsxtsx Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to thank everyone for placing their quotes etc on the forum. I was interested in a small well equipped car, and almost bought an IS-250. On a whim, I test-drove a new 2006 carbon-gray TSX (9 miles on the odo) this Saturday...was pleasantly surprised. The icing on the cake was that the car had some minor hail damange on the roof...I got the car with auto and Navi for $24,086 with no haggling. The damage is minor to my eye, and I am very very happy with saving a few bucks. I plan to keep the car for a few years. I bought the car on the spot since everyone had provided prices they were paying, so to me, I was getting a good deal. Thanks again.
    You raise a good point about financing. I probably wouldn't have thought about that until I got further into the process. Couple of questions... first, you mention the new features in the 06. Anything else besides bluetooth? Second, when you say "out the door" on your 06 price, are you including TTL (in other words, that's the final amount you wrote the check for)? Good info to help me understand tradeoffs.
    I purchased an 06 TSX w/ Navi and it was in the dealership for two days for an OEM body kit w/ spoiler. They loaned me a 05 TSX non Navi for a few days. I was amazed in the difference in the two cars:
    - a noticeable quicker acceleration (larger intakes/exhausts)
    - memory seats are must have, if you have multiple drivers
    - much better information center between the speedo/tach
    - driver seat has a little more travel (I’m 6’3” and 300 lbs, I need every inch)
    - wider side bolsters on driver seat (for us big boys)
    - thicker steering wheel for a sportier feel
    - the HID headlights were brighter and illuminated further and wider
    - Bluetooth, once you get it, you can’t live without it
    - I like the new exterior styling, especially not having the chrome trim on the hood from the front grille (replace with a Mugen aftermarket grille next year)
    - fog lights will save you $450 compared to having a dealer install them on a 05 TSX.
    - exterior color, the 05 carbon gray was more skewed on the black side, the 06 carbon gray is skewed toward metallic dark blue (I think it gives the TSX a higher end luxury look to the car).

I would take the time and test drive identical 05 and 06 TSX. If you have the time and willing to travel, you can find a new/used 06 TSX close to the 05 prices.
    I forgot to mention the horsepower difference in my 05/06 TSX comparisons. I haven’t seen any dyno test of an 05 TSX 5AT compared to an 06 TSX 5AT. From what I’ve have read, it would take a cold air intake, headers/exhaust, and possibly a Hondata chip reflash on a 05 TSX to get to the stock horse power of an 06 TSX. You could spend $1-2K just trying to keep up with a stock 06 TSX. With the new standards of rating horsepower for 06 Acura’s, I’ve seen where the 04/05 TSX would be rated at 192-195 horsepower compared to 205 for the 06 TSX. I think the 06 TSX is worth the 2K extra money. I’m willing to bet there will not be a lot changes for the 07 models, except for a Type-S model (because to the redesign for 08). That is my 2cents.
    I am looking to buy a TSX 06, Auto Non nav (white over parchment) over the weekend. Santa Monica Acura, Southern Cal has quoted invoice of 25390 and otd of 27746. Is this a good deal?? He has also given the below finance rates for the weekend? Has anyone got any better rates?

3.99% APR for 24 months
    4.99% APR for 25 – 48 months
    5.99% APR for 49 – 60 months
  • bigdaveinomahabigdaveinomaha Member Posts: 26
    If you mention the hondata reflash I assume you're familiar with the website. The website does have dyno comparisons of an 04 MT and an 06 MT both stock. The dyno shows 15 more hp from the 06. That's real world power we're talking here because it was done on the same dyno/setup. And I agree with you, the 06 is worth the extra dough.
  • huskerdoohuskerdoo Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I am trying to purchase a new 2006 TSX here in Northwest Ohio and the local dealer will not budge more than 500 of the MSRP of 28500. Wow, this is not realistic to me. I have bought and sold 6 or 7 cars in my 20 years of driving and I have never paid that close to MSRP. Is there something special about Acuras that I can expect to pay in that range or should I be looking out in the surrounding Acura dealerships? Any thoughts or help out there. Any Buckeyes with a recommended/ good experince dealership? The invoice for a new Manual TSX is 25600 I would expect that I could get the thing around the 27500 range. I realize it is supply and demmand but come on. Any help appreciated. Thanks
  • maj17maj17 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in a new '06 TSX auto w/o navi and w/o a trade-in. Can anyone recommend a dealership in the New Haven, CT area? Also, what should I be looking for/asking when I talk with the salesman? Any info will be appreciated.
  • chitowntexanchitowntexan Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 06 TSX with Navigation for $28,500 at McGrath in Westmont this past weekend. I had previously visited Continental Acura in Naperville (within a mile of my house) and found them unwilling to negotiate, AT ALL. Continental's salesman was condescending and it took them over an hour to value my trade. I walked into McGrath and within 5 minutes had negotiated the price for the TSX and a great deal on my trade. They also had a huge inventory with the exact color scheme I wanted. I could not possibly be any happier with the service I received, and they even offered to let me buy some accessories at cost. In Chicago, you can't do better!
    Yeah, I'm including TTL. The 06 also has a little more horsepower, nicer rim (IMO), ipod connection, maintenance minder system, memory driver seat. These are the main differences I think.
    I got a 06 Carbon Gray w/black interior out the door with TTL at 26,900. But I live in Massachusetts and I think you can do even better than me in Calif. from what I've seen in other posts. I was able to get the 2.9 for 3 years, 3.9 for 4 years and 4.9 for 5 years rates too. I did trade in a salvaged 1998 nissan maxima with 183k miles on it, but it can't be worth much at all. Hope this helps!
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    Thank you kindly, Chitowntexan. You might've saved me a lot of grief. I actually ordered an Acura CL coupe in '96 from Continental Acura, and the experience was awful. They gave me static because I tried to negotiate, and they lied about my car being in transit.

I finally reached Acura Corporate in California, and learned that the factory that would build my car was committed to making Honda Civics all summer, in Ohio.

Continental grudgingly returned my deposit, but weren't the least bit apologetic, and I'm delighted to learn that McGrath is courteous and professional in their approach.

Thank you for taking the time, much appreciated.
  • bella3bella3 Member Posts: 1
    After going between 2 dealerships for 2 weeks, my lowest offer on a lease for 48 month's is: $288 per month, $1500 cash, and my trade in which is a honda civic 03 WAY under milage which they are giving $2300 for (11,500 before payoff). Considering the starting quote was $338 with $2000 cash, I thought this might be the lowest offer I can get. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Just made a deal in Indianapolis for a black on black, non-nav, auto TSX for 26,200 and they through in a trunk tray. I have been going back and forth between three dealers and this is the best I could do without prolonging the game (and I am on fairly tight timeline). The other two dealers weren't even close (approx 27K). Did the whole thing by phone because I am currently out of state. Sounds like there are some better deals in other parts of the country but I decided to pull the trigger due to an upcoming move.
  • huskerdoohuskerdoo Member Posts: 11
    Well, my quest is almost over. I had a unique situation given the fact that I needed to trade in a 15 month old Jeep and nobody wanted to give the trade in value. I live in the Mecca of Daimler Chrysler where everyone is either an employee or relative there of. Makes a bad combo for trying to resell a D&C product. At any rate I actually found a dealership through the internet in my state that was willing to offer the payoff which is close enough to the trade value. The TSXs' around here go for 27200 to 28000 depending on who you deal with. I will take delivery tomorrow around 10 a.m.. Looking forward to returning to the Acura clan. Never again to turn to the dark side (except for the family minivan), they are a decent. vehicle. Carbon gray n ebony. :shades:
  • mizzcarolynmizzcarolyn Member Posts: 4
    What's CPO and OEM in some of the posts? I'm not familiar with the acronyms. :blush: