Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• robbiesdrobbiesd Member Posts: 1
    Hi eliazer100,
    I'm about ready to buy one here in atlanta too and living in smyrna, nalley is closest. did you shop baranco, carland and ?chamblee dealers? I also want nav. do you really think you could have gortren another two hundred off?
    Thanks,
    Robbie
  • mikewebermikeweber Member Posts: 21
    richey02hg,

At Edmunds.com when I priced the vehicle, I used two different zip codes for OC and then at the last page it lists the different dealerships to select for sending out quote requests. I got the same from Tustin. Also Cerritos and Weir ar below 26K. Down in San Diego they are $26,446, $26,506 is all I have so far. I plan to go to Escondido tomorrow and finally make a purchase, if I can get it down to a fair price. According to carprice.com, that should be $100 to $300 over cost - which is invoice - hold back + destination charge - which turns out to be $25175 to $25375 - not including that safety package all the dealers like to through in - which I really think comes with the car.
    sthavorn,

I got that verbal agreement from Ball Acura in National City.
    The $25,851 was from Tustin Acura.
  • sthavornsthavorn Member Posts: 31
    Hi Mikeweber, I plan to buy an auto with navigation, carbon gray pearl with black leather within this year. Should I wait for 2007 comes out to get a better price on 2006? What would be the best price out of the door less tax? I'm in Orange County. Thanks
    sthavorn,

Only you can answer that. Do you have a time limit as to when you need a car? Do you financial limitations? Is there something unique about the 2007 that you must have/need that isn't on the 2006?
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    thanks for letting me know, please let me know whether anyone beats tustin acura....my goal is to get a TSX with protection package around 25,851. But I havent really tried yet because I hope they do better financing terms than 4.9% (for 60 months) in august/september to get rid of the 2006's. But I dont know yet, still torn between the TL and TSX (and the Lexus IS if it wasnt so overpriced)
    I plan to put with some money down and doesn't matter 2006 or 2007 so long the color, options and price are right. I have 4-5 month to shop around hopefully with the help of this forum.
    I just returned from trying to purhcase a TSX, 6spd non-nav.
    I told them my OTD price of $28,000 - no go - with the price they wanted and TTL it was $28,356 or so, they wouldn't budge.
    So I left, no purchase. Oh well.
    Same here. One dealership didn't have any manuals on the lot. Other dealerships seem to have only two or three. Interesting, because in Europe almost all cars are manual. Why so different here? Gas prices? Good luck on finding your nav with stick.
  • bda1947bda1947 Member Posts: 20
    Sir, don't let $356 stop you from owning the car you want. $356 over the life of your ownership is nothing! Just do it! ;)
    This may be a bit immature, but I didn't want them to win, I wanted them to come down to my price instead of me agreeing to their price.
  • nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    Don't give up just yet. The dealers we went to (we visited Acura, Honda, and Toyota) made follow-up calls for weeks afterward, all with some variation of "what can we do to get you into a new ..." So you might still get another offer from them.

If nothing else, you can still accept their offer. Maybe you'll feel differently after you've had a chance to reflect a bit. I also think $300 shouldn't keep you from getting a car you really like, and maybe all you need is some distance from the situation to refocus. It's about getting a good value on the car, after all - even you yourself are saying that your decision had to do with a bruised ego more than the actual amount of money involved.
    I also have a set $ limit for OTD, and it was over that. But I still question the mileage and the fact that it is premuim fuel and the insurance is more.
  • rdl2rdl2 Member Posts: 6
    Just got a price from a dealer in Northern NJ for 26,250 including destination for TSX without Navigation and automatic transmission. What do you think of this price. Can I do better?
  • henman0380henman0380 Member Posts: 1
    Hi :
    I've looked at TSX for a few months, and I went for a ACURA dealer today eventually. I got a deal as following:
    Base Price: 25200 (w/o NAV.)
    Destination: 630
    Tax (NY): 2163.26 (quite expensive)
    -----------------------------------
    Total: 28233.26

I am not sure is this a good deal for me? And, would you guys explain about TTL and OTD? I don't even know those specific terms to mean. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    TTL = Tax, Title and License... In total, it is all of the fees and taxes that the government requires.

OTD = Out The Door.. This means different things to different people.. I always assume it means every single charge, including TTL.. Others consider OTD to be all charges except TTL.

I think your price looks very good, assuming it is truly OTD (lol)...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• alive2kalive2k Member Posts: 4
    I'm planning on buying a new TSX and have heard people say that the 2007 model is due very soon. Does anyone have any information on the availability of the 2007 Acura TSX ?
  • apexncapexnc Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have experience in TSX pricing in NC? I'm in the Raleigh Area, but would drive to save $$$.

I'm also looking at Cadillac CTS.
    Ok - I must be really bad at this because this is the 2nd time I've made an offer and left without a car. I told the dealer my offer of $26,200 - the sales guy and then the manager both showed me a photo-copied sheet of a long list of hand written numbers - I'm guessing it was for a number of different cars and trims. For the TSX they pointed to the $26,446 (I think that's what it was as I only had about 10 seconds to look at it) and told me they needed to sell it for $26,900...period. No deal...again.
    It looks like your reluctance is based on factors other than just the price.

We are on the fence about the TSX or a Honda Accord, so I have been doing a lot of research too on the issues you mentioned.

My current insurance company told me that the TSX is classified as an "intermediate size performance" vehicle. She didn't specify but I assume this means it costs more to insure than a family sedan. But overall, the quotes were within $50 of each other. This surprised me as I thought the Honda would be much cheaper to insure but I guess the electronic stability control (standard on the TSX, not available at all on the 4-cylinder Accord) was factored in, too.

As far as using premium fuel, you can find some discussion about this in the Acura discussions, including links to outside articles. From what I read, I understand that mid-grade fuel would be okay too as long as we are willing to tolerate the possibility of a slight effect on performance.

HTH

edited to add - not sure where you are located but if in NJ area, Ocean Acura gave me an email quote of ~25,400 (not including TTL). I contacted them through the link at the Acura website.

sorry - editing again - I didn't notice earlier, there is also an additional $159 document fee, so the total quote actually came to ~25,560 (plus TTL).
  • isk79isk79 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to get a used TSX. I'm in the seattle area and I've been looking around but I can't seem to find too many of these. Any suggestions on where to check for these? Also, I don't want to spend more than $24000 OTD (I can pay only so much a month :(). Considering that, does it make any difference whether I go for a 2004 TSX or 2005 TSX? What's more in the 2005 model that I shouldn't miss?

Thank you!
  • ishtarishtar Member Posts: 2
    Weir Canyon Acura
    Anaheim, CA
    Internet Sales Department
    Bought through their Internet Dept. all prices were negotiated and sent
    via email, never spoke with the dealer until time of purchase. In and
    out of the Dealership with 2 1/2 hours which included almost 1 hour
    going over the features of the car (navi use). Excellent service from
    everyone I dealt with. Price quoted is exactly what I paid. Cash down and
    received the 2.9% Acura/Honda Financing for the balance. Would recommend
    this Dealership to anyone contemplating purchasing a vehicle. This is
    the 3rd vehicle I've purchase via the Internet and the best experience.
    Price breakdown 2006 TSX auto w/navi Carbon Grey exterior, Ebony
    interior.
    $27,495.35 price (some portion financed)
    45.00 document prep
    2134.39 tax
    243.00 license
    8.75 tire fee (CA)
    $29,926.49 total price
    About $250 over invoice. Sounds like a good deal to me.
  • ishtarishtar Member Posts: 2
    mikeweber, it was a good deal. This board with everyone's input saved me $800.00 over the Costco price I was first quoted a month or so ago. I shopped 6 different dealers in Orange County and with all the good info on the forum I knew what price I was looking for. Thanks for all the help.
  • canaanmancanaanman Member Posts: 21
    Last week I received an email with an offer from a Maryland based dealer with the price of 26,751 for a TSX with Navi. When I called and started to set the car up with my accessories, the internet salesperson backed off stating that the price was sent out in error and it was the price for a non-navi car. I tried to make him honor the price but the sales manager wouldn't. so from 27,400 + TTL which I expected to pay, they want 28,200 + TTL. Anyone have this experience? How did you handle it?
  • mzmelly05mzmelly05 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a tsx from David McDavid for 25,900 - without navi. Went through the internet. Hope this helps.
  • bigdaveinomahabigdaveinomaha Member Posts: 26
    That is rediculous canaanman. Yes, 26,751 for that car is better than anything I've seen; but isn't there a law about contracts like this?
    Wow - another good deal. I really must be doing something wrong at these dealerships. I tell them that people are buying at these prices, but they don't believe me.
    Hope to get the same deal thanks for you infos.
    Hi, which dealership is this? Thanks.
  • adow1adow1 Member Posts: 9
    Did you negotiate for the protection package, extended warranty, tint, etc? I'm trying to get one through a Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston dealer, and David McDavid seem to be the lowest in price so far.
    Please let us know what credit score range did you need to have to qualify for the 2.9% Acura/Honda Financing?
    Thanks
  • puppykickerpuppykicker Member Posts: 7
    Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg pulled this same garbage with me, but on a TL. Was your experience also with Rosenthal?
    I agree - that is a good deal. I'm trying to get $28,350 in SoCal OTD. I noticed when getting the TMV from Edmunds, if you specify white vs. carbon grey, it reports a higher price with white.
  • sholmes149sholmes149 Member Posts: 1
    To qualify for 2.9%, (36 months max), you need a credit score of at least 710, 4 years of credit history and an open credit line.

SH
  • msheetsmsheets Member Posts: 10
    I live in Richmond and got quotes Piority-Chesapeake, Hall-Newport News, Crown-Richmond, Pohankas-Chantilly, Radley-Bailey Crossroads and Karen Radley-Woodbridge. The internet manager a Karen Radley gave the lowest quote intially and still beat everyone elses. Hassle free and great experience at Karen Radley.

$26,085 plus t.t.l. (without nav and automatic)
    Congrats, did the $26085 include destination, what was the OTD price for the deal.
    I haven't completed the deal. I will talk to the salesperson tomorrow and see what we can do. Less the accessories I want, the OTD would be 27,875 for a navi car + TTL.
    How did you guess!! It was them all the way. I am supposed to talk again this weekend to the salesperson. What was your experience? Did you get your price or did you have to meet theirs?
    What is the zip code for the Woodbridge dealer so I can find it on the Acura website. Thanks for the tip.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    If it follows its past trend, the TSX will be one of the last cars to make the MY transition late in the year. Don't expect the 07 TSX on the lot before Nov. and there'll be very few leftover 06s to get a good deal on.
    The $26,085 did include destination, I don't recall the exact OTD price.

They also give you free wheel locks and I purchased the trunk tray and splash guards.
    Karen Radley Acura, www.karenradleyacura.com
  • abhiutdabhiutd Member Posts: 44
    Hello,
    I'm in central NJ and getting the OTD (everything) price of $28,300 (non-Nav + Auto). I've been going through this forum for sometime now and i feel its a decent deal on these hot TSXs. I'll be picking it on Monday. Also, i can be a kind of cheap person while bargaining..haha so i found its pretty tough to do on TSX since its so much in demand or should i say demand > supply. Hope you guys are enjoying your TSXs and good luck with your search.
    Also, they were ready to give TL for another 3K but my budget is kind of tight for that.TL is really good!
    Cheers!
  • coolpup11coolpup11 Member Posts: 2
    I ended up buying at Vandergriff Acura for 28,521 OTD price including tint, wheel locks, and floor mats. I qualified under the 2.9% financing which was important to me since I just graduated. David McDavid rubbed me the wrong way, Vandergriff was very straight forward.
    I received an email from the acura dealer in Chantilly VA saying that there were two days left before the end of the month, he had excellent incentives available for me. Visited the dealer today and he quoted 28500 OTD (invoice 26500) for a 06 TSX auto w/o nav. I thought it was extremely overpriced since he had a very limited set of colors and told him about the prices posted here. He said I was a fool to believe the prices posted here and that people are just trying to make everyone else think that they got a better deal then what they actually paid for the car. Anyways I walked out since he was definitely not willing to work on the numbers. What have kind of prices have folks paid for an 06 TSX auto w/o nav in the DC/VA/MD area lately?
  • delekodeleko Member Posts: 20
    Mine was with Auto w/ NAV, but that same dealer quoted an internet price of $28,372 back in May (Black/Tan interior). That was before negotiation.
  • rdl2rdl2 Member Posts: 6
    This forum was so helpful to me I figured I should post my experience. Just bought '06 TSX without naviagion for $26,000 including destination in NNJ. I got all weather mats and the trunk tray included for no charge. I thought this was a pretty good deal.
  • rolvorolvo Member Posts: 1
    We live in SoCal and got a black on black 2006 TSX auto/non navi for 27,616 OTD this weekend.
    Called every single dealership in LA and couldn't find ONE dealer that would
    even match that. On top of this, we had our choice of any TSX on the lot
    (non-navi, whatever color). Our price included destination charges, TTL, and
    their version of the protection package. This includes mudguards, wheel locks,
    and what they called a paint coating/polish. Whatever it was, the price made us
    forget about the popular "trunk tray" that looks useless.

They are trying to move cars only until the end of the month (today) and are
    quoting an internet price of 25,356. They won't go a penny less but this is by
    far the BEST deal we've seen on this board. We have been doing our research on
    this board for a couple weeks and just want to THANK YOU ALL for your input.

The guys at Thomas Acura in Covina are straightforward and honest. They really
    pay attention to the customer and make the car-buying experience a pleasurable
    one. As first time buyers, the process was too easy to be true.
    Alive,

I did receive a quote from Pohanka in Chantilly and they were roughly $500 more Karen Radley in Woodbridge, VA.

I paid $26,085 which included destination and wheel locks. I don't recall the exact OTD cost since I did purchase splash guards and trunk tray.

FYI, I believe the special financing end today.