Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• appuappu Member Posts: 27
    I got my 06 TSX(black with black interior) last week for 24,500 including wheel locks. Out of the door price was 26,6xx (including doc, TTL etc). The dealer sent me two bottles of wine a week later as a token of appreciation

I love the car.

-/AS
  • ynn18ynn18 Member Posts: 6
    I got the car at 26800 plus TTL. No extral services included. outdoor is about 262**. Got the 4.9 APR for 60 month. The car has 7 miles on it and built in August 06.
    Carbon gray and Quartz interiors.

This is in midwest.

Hope it helps.

like the car.
  • taekwonv82taekwonv82 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a silver/ebony tsx yesterday in New York for 29,000 flat.
    I will have to pay sales tax when I register it in Virginia.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all, I was offered $25,750 (before TT&L) for a white 2006 Auto Non-Navi TSX by a dealer in Austin, TX. I thought this was a little high seeing that some are even getting $24,500 in this forum for 2006 leftover TSX non-navi. Also, he has several Acura certified 2006 TSX's in stock with the mileages ranging anywhere from 3500 miles to 16,000 miles. The certified TSX's are priced from $25,700 to $26,800, and color selection is good (they are all auto non-navi as well). I was thinking about offering them $24,750 for both new and certified TSX's. Am I being too unreasonalble? Also, has anyone had bad experiences with the certified Acuras? That 100,000 mile powertrain warranty is very tempting.

Any input would be appreciated.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Why would ever take a used TSX at the same price as a brand new one? If you can get them down to about 25K on a new one then they should take at least another 2-3K off for a used one with very few miles.
  • rabidrhinorabidrhino Member Posts: 6
    the 25,750 is ridiculous right now...wait until after xmas if he is not going to come down, tell him some other offers you have received, even if you havent received them from other dealers that you talked with online, tell him you know about the 1,000 marketing support and that invoice is 25,436 and so you expect 24,600 at least for new...dont even consider the pre certified for that amount...
    In some parts of the country dealers actually expect to make some money off its car sales. :shades:
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    I was just quoted $26895 for a capitalized costs. MSRP is $28760 dealer costs before hold backs is $26308. How low have you seen Southern Calif cars going for? I am hoping to get it around $25,200...Is this possible? Also offered good lease terms of residual of 63%, 58%, & 53% on 36,42,48 month terms...They all work out with within a about $5 of each other. Int rate is .00161. NO cap reduction $595 acqusition fee.
  • discretediscrete Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for a 2007 w/o nav 6MT for 27000 + 100 processing fee + tax & tags. I'm planning to check with other dealers.
  • joisey1joisey1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in NJ. Where did you get the deal on your TSX?
  • 1sttimebuyer21sttimebuyer2 Member Posts: 3
    I got my 06 TSX with Navi for 26,500 + TTL (~29K OTD) from Los Gatos Acura. The saleswoman was quite nice, and gave me a great internet quote. I went to the dealership, test drove the car, and bought it without ever talking about the price. The dealer also included wheel locks without adding a charge. Overall, a great experience, thanks to the information on this forum.

Since two weeks ago when I got the car, I've put 1400 miles on it (I drove to LA and back), and the car has been great so far!
  • kruiser17kruiser17 Member Posts: 1
    Was about to buy a 2004 TSX. Pulled up the Carfax report which indicated a major accident. Is it business as usual for Acura to label previously wrecked cars as "Certified Pre-Owned"? Anyone know what the official Acura policy on this is? The salesman told me they don't certify wrecked cars but obviously that is not the case here.
  • madalinmadalin Member Posts: 2
    I just got my 06 TSX Automatic without Navi [ Carbon Grey / Quartz ] for 24912 + TTL (28,200 - OTD (9% Chicago tax) - including $875 extended warranty 7yrs/70k miles) from Muller Woodfield Acura. The salesman was very helpful and professional throughout the process.
    I'm surprised there's still 06 TSXs around.

Once word of the 08 TSX gets out next week sales might get even slower. :P
  • jchiujchiu Member Posts: 10
    Just bought my TSX with Navi AT in NJ for $25,900 which is about $400 more than Pohanka Acura, however, Ilive in NY and it will cost more than $400 to ship it home. Hope this post will help people who is still looking for a 06 TSX.
  • budweiserbudweiser Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new (non-demo) 06 TSX Auto with Navi for $25,600 (incl destination) + TTL from a dealer in NJ yesterday. They told me that it was their last non-demo 06 TSX. They still have a couple of demo cars which they would probably sell for a few hundred dollars less but I did not want to buy a demo car. I went to buy the 06 TL but came out with a TSX instead. The car is for my wife and she felt that the TL was big for her and the dealer offered a price on the 06 TSX that was hard to beat. Following is the OTD cost:

selling price 25600
    Tax 1792
    Registration 254
    Documentation 118
    Tire Tax 7.50
    -------------------------
    Total OTD 27771.50
    -------------------------
  • jchiujchiu Member Posts: 10
    Hey Budweiser, you got a great deal, which dealer in NJ did you go to? My dealer (Ramsey Acura) in NJ insisted Doc fee is $185 by NJ law which every dealer has to charge the same in NJ.
    There might be a law for a doc fee (like CA is $45) but that is the max they can charge, not that they all have to charge that.
  • rakudramarakudrama Member Posts: 5
    When you buy the car, they try and sell you extended warrantee, lojack, clear bra, paint protection, interior protection etc.

All this stuff is way overpriced, but it is worth something. For example, my dealer tried to sell me the Acura extended warrantee for $1700 :surprise: , I've seen it on ebay for about $900. What is it really worth? It is probably worth more if you have Navi, since that is more-to-go-wrong (and no computer I have ever owned has lasted more that 5 years.) But so far as I can tell, the price is the same for with Navi and w/o Navi.

So what are all these add-ons really worth?
    Hello all,

I have a final offer of 2007 Acura TSX non-Navi auto for $26,995 plus TT&L. I also have an offer of $28,585 (plus TT&L) for a 2006 Infiniti G35 auto with Premium package. Infiniti is a demo car with about 5,000 miles on the clock, but still would be sold as new. Am I getting a fair price on a 2007 Acura TSX?
    I really like the way G35 drives, but on a long haul TSX would prove to be more economical due to its economical 4 cylinder engine.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    Not sure about the Acura (seems fair), but I would think you might be able to knock down the price of that G35 some more.. Especially a demo unit with 5K miles...

But, in either case, I'd go with whichever car you like the best. You've picked two pretty nice cars.. I doubt operating costs will be a large variable over time, even though the G35 will eat a little more gas.. The TSX may do a little better on the depreciation side, but if you keep your cars for 4 years or more, it likely won't make any difference..

Really... between these two? Pick the one you like the best and bargain hard to get the price down. Don't be shy about letting the dealer know that you have other options.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mrkcrwlymrkcrwly Member Posts: 19
    Noticed that there is there is $1000 in marketing support for the TSX until 2-5-07. Will this effect the price we should get from a dealer and/or was it already in effect?
  • ihammerihammer Member Posts: 75
    I don't know if the prices you've been offered are fair or not - I am looking at getting a 2007 Acura TSX w/nav so haven't tried to get a price on a non navi. I did own a 2004 G35 and also really liked the way it drove, but it had a few drawbacks, one of which was that the foot rest for left foot was too far forward to work for me. More important though was that the brakes wore out very quickly. Mine started squeaking after 5,000 miles and the rear brakes had to be replaced at 7,000 miles. Lots of people had reported brake wear issues on the G35 forum, but I didn't pay attention to them because I liked the driving experience so much. Eventually, Infiniti sent a letter to all G35 owners that indicated that we would be given free brake replacements for 3 years or 36,000 miles. I got rid of the car at that point (also, the transmission was making a clunking noise sometimes when I was on the highway going about 45-50 mph). I didn't want to have to replace brakes every 7,000 - 10,000 miles after the 36,000 or 3 yr. period ended. I never had to replace brakes on any of my previous vehicles until at least 50,000 miles. Maybe Infiniti has solved the brake issue by now since that was 3 years ago that I had my car.
    So far I haven't seen anything negative on the Acura TSX forum so I feel good about choosing the Acura. Good luck with whatever car you decided to buy.
    Thanks for your input. G35 was very nice and drive was almost euphoric, but the lower cost of ownership on TSX won over G35 at the end. Everything from brake changes to oil changes were higher with G35 than TSX. I bought the 2007 TSX non-navi auto in Glacier Blue with Ebony leather interior. OTD price was $26,000 (purchase price $26,995, plus tax & fees, and then $3,000 down with no trade-in). This wasn't the lowest price, but this was the only glacier blue within 75 miles. Lowest price offered from another dealer was $26,695 plus tax on a Carbon Gray, but I guess $300 was worth the trouble for the color alone. So far loving the car, color is simply beautiful and bluetooth is so cool. TSX may not be the track star that G35 is, but sure feels surefooted and like a sharp razor around the corners. Not bad fopr a FWD car.
  • tcjunktcjunk Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there shopping for the TSX in the Puget Sound area? I've got an offer for $27,552 + tax and fees and trying to figure out if I can do better. It seems high to me, but I hear the competition is tough up here.

Perhaps I should buy elsewhere and then drive it back here? Say California or Oregon?

Thanks for the help!
  • ihammerihammer Member Posts: 75
    Congratulations on your new TSX!
  • cmingcming Member Posts: 7
    Hi, anybody recently purchased a 2007 TSX in washington DC area? I am thinking about buying one without Navi, I send out the purchase request for three dealers, but did not get much price quote.

Thanks.
  • scottypimp56scottypimp56 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any insight on the current advertised lease for the 07 TSX? I've never leased before and am wondering if it's a good deal? I don't drive much, so I was wondering if this is a good option for me.

Thanks.
  • md_rocksmd_rocks Member Posts: 41
    That's the exact same price i got from mission viejo acura. Tustin acura said they would beat it but don't have the "royal/parchment" color combo I want.

26895 w/o nav

28969 with
    Radley will likely be your bets bet price wise.
    I guess they extended the support - it was supposed to end at the end of 06. But that is only on the 06 models.
  • mrkcrwlymrkcrwly Member Posts: 19
    I called and support is on 06 models only. All they have on 07 are lease options.
  • dpurwindpurwin Member Posts: 3
    I walked into Tischer Acura in Laurel, Maryland and purchased a new 2006 Carbon Grey/Ebony AT non-Navi TSX on 1/15/07. Car had 14 miles on it. I got the car for 26,601.00 OTR (on the road). Just to make this clear and avoid confusion - this price includes car invoice, freight/destination, dealer processing, 5% Maryland taxes, and tags.

Scott White was my salesman and he was great. Perhaps the most knowledgeable car salesman I have ever dealt with. Very pleasant, not pushy at all. Genuine. Class Act. I highly recommend him. I was told that they only have 5 more 2006s on hand. Hurry up and get one at a great price.
  • jtc9038jtc9038 Member Posts: 11
    Purchased 2006 TSX Base model for 24,215 (incl destination). Several dealers were in the 24,2xx range. Inventory looks like it is getting very low. At this price their selling pretty well.

Hope this helps
    All I can say is WOW. There must be something in it for the dealers if they're willing to sell at a loss.
  • taxlawyertaxlawyer Member Posts: 29
    Can I ask which dealerships you had priced it at? I can't find any in my area which are anywhere near that price.

Thanks.
  • taxlawyertaxlawyer Member Posts: 29
    Try Sussman, Davis and Ocean

Do the internet email thing as it works pretty well. I think KBB.com let you send to 3 or 4 at one time.
  • bveneskibveneski Member Posts: 1
    $28,629 for 2007 TSX with Nav. Is this a good deal? They say it is only $500 over invoice. Seems like a good deal to me. Any opinions?
  • castelinocastelino Member Posts: 26
    I was just offered a brand new 2006 TSX Navi for 27K + TTL in Texas, not sure how list compares to the '07 or features but thought I'd mention it.

Also, anyone get any good deals in TX? Looking for a new '06 TSX don't care about Navi. If I can't get a new, I'll take a few thousand off and get a pre-owned.

-s.
    What did you end up doing? Did you get a good deal on the TSX in Austin?
    I have a dealer basically offering me 25,106 + TTL for a new Red '06 TSX non-navi. The issue is that the car has 2,500 miles on it. It wasn't a demo, it was sold but never got titled because of some complication with the buyer. The car was returned and is being sold new with the full new warranty.

Thoughts on what I should offer for this? This feels to me like the equivalent of a demo car.
    Incidentally - the Certified almost exact same car is in the 22K range.

Which would you choose?
    It looks like they are trying to hose you. The Cert used is better IMO. You should be able to get BRAND new 06 for under 24, 500 w/o too much effort.

Good luck.
  • ajs4ajs4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi... on a 2006 TSX (Silver/Black) with Navi was offered a OTD price (after taxes and tags) of $22,200 - after accounting for a trade of in of a good shape '00 Camry with 56k miles. Any views if this is good deal? Seems pretty good but the dealer also has 3-4 of the same car and I'd think he'd be anxious to clear them for '07's. Thanks for any opinions...
  • michele38michele38 Member Posts: 2
    You might be able to do better.
    I'm in NJ. I was able to get the first dealership I walked into today down to $28,450 within a few minutes. I ended up going with another dealership, who I got to $27,950.
    Dealer invoice on the 2007 w/nav is $28,129. I've been told that includes destination, but in researching, I've also seen some quotes adding destination on top of that. It's also my understanding the dealer gets a holdback incentive of $900. (Though dealership #1 told me it's now about 33% lower as of January 1. I'm not convinced.)
    Unless it's very different in California, I think you can get a better price. Good luck!
  • ajs4ajs4 Member Posts: 3
    Further on this, dealer is giving about $6 k on the trade so the price he's quoting on the 2006 TSX with navi is about $27k.
  • jwoandesujwoandesu Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2007 TSX with Nav and protection package (Trunk tray, wheel locks and splash guards) for 31,100 OTD...did I pay to much
  • jwoandesujwoandesu Member Posts: 4
    Is that your OTD price? Or do we still need to add 8.25% -8.75% depending on your county. Also which dealer was that from?
  • plutocrazyplutocrazy Member Posts: 13
    I am wanting to buy a new TSX with Nav and automatic. Can anyone tell me which os the most reasonable dealer in DC/MD I should go to. How much below Invoice I can expect them to go?
    Also what is teh source to get a correct invoice prices?