Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• michele38michele38 Member Posts: 2
    You may find this website on dealer ratings helpful:
    http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Radley in VA usually has the best prices. Without support from Honda (and there isn't any on the 07s other than lease) don't expect a price below invoice - actually I'm not sure you're even gonna get close to invoice.

Invoice prices are usually listed right here on Edmunds - if not, you can approximate by adding the MSRP increase to last years' invoice. ;)
  • plutocrazyplutocrazy Member Posts: 13
    As 06 Inventory is getting over the prices of 07 TXS w/Nav have started getting lower..!! I was offered a 07 TSX w/Nav for $28,700. I think it was great deal. I was just not prepared to buy one today so didnt buy it. I was out to look for cheaper deals on 06 inventory which is running low. Fewer models they have are being priced below invoice price. I didnt buy ne today.. I wanted to check a few other cars..although I know nothing will beat a TSX.. :D
    I don't know what will happen with any 06s left - the cash back from Honda ended this weekend.

That 28,700 for an 07 NAV TSX is about $400 over invoice (28,282), so indeed prices are coming down. Honda will probably kick in some cash real soon and prices will come down even further. For the first time in a long time sales are actually down for the TSX. There's probably a good reason Honda is mum about the 08 TSX - when people hear the news about the new model sales will really tank.
    I will check with Radley- any particular sales guy who is generous? ;)
    Yeah prices are coming down.. Today another dealer, I have been in touch over email (for a week now)... called me and he gave me a strong indication that they will price it close to invoice prices. I will try if i can visit him this weekend. Checking out some other forums.. I read 08TSX will eb a complete make over. They will make it look different as well and not just add more features. Expectations are leather may become softer and real time traffic updates.
    Its been a while the TSX has been looking the same from outside. I can see 07 TSX being priced at at a range of (Invoice Price-200)to (Invoice+500)depending on situation and negotiations. Good luck saving money.. :)
    Contact them via Internet sales - as with any other dealer. I wouldn't set foot into a dealership without getting most of the deal done via Internet first.

One can assume that if Honda provided the $1000 marketing support for the 06s, it will do so again for the 07s - it's just a matter of when. Deals well under invoice are then possible.
  • jwoandesujwoandesu Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone...

Just wondering to see what everyone else paid for on their TSX and also hoping to aid in the buying experience.

My invoice for the 2007 with Nav was about $28,758 (which included a $218 Costco memeber protection package (Wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards)

My tax rate in my area is 8.25% I was able to get the car of $31,100 OTD. I was offered $30,650 from another dealer, which had holdbacks on some of the cars they had, but the downside was they could not guarantee me on the color I wanted and that the cars were not 100% brand new (on the lot for a while.) The car I purchased had less than 2 miles on it.

Just fyi, if you go through Costco and purchase the car, you get a $50 gift certificate towards the purchase of parts at the dealers parts department.
    Hi jwoandesu, I think you could have saved a bit on this. Some how teh invoice price you were going by was higher- I saw it to be $28,129 on KBB. Not sure if that differes from state to state..The invoice price on KBB includes destination charges (unlike Edmunds) so dont let the dealer add on that and make you feel that he is giving to you "at invoice price" (this is an advice for others now)
    Thanks for the Costco information. I am shopping for a car and Costco member too.
    As such in DC area a lot of dealers are giving the 07 TSX at Invoice price.
  • jwoandesujwoandesu Member Posts: 4
    Hi plutocrazy:

Thanks for the reply. I actually double checked my contract and it was 28446.69 (includes $218 Costco protection package)
    Lets forget the few $$, Negotiations are bygones... just enjoy your new car.
    All cars have a holdback. What does it matter if the car has 2mi on the odo but is 2 months old vs. one that is 1 wk old?

Maybe you meant they had a rebate on them (06 models) and were demos (used). Invoice is a good deal.
  • dandrews77dandrews77 Member Posts: 4
    Possibly signing papers tonight on an 07 TSX no NAV for $26,700 + fees, or 29100 OTD including tax and license. I have an Internet dealer offering $26,400 but I'd rather have the local dealer in my pocket.

Dealer is in the north SF Bay Area.

Is this price out of line considering current incentives, such as president's day sales?

thanks mucho
    The only incentives on the 07s are for leases. That price is $250 over invoice so it's a good deal.
    Yeah $250 over invoice price is a good deal depending the place you are in. I got mine almost at invoice price ($28,200) in DC area. It wasn't big deal several delers I visited were at invoice price within 15 mins of talking.. Prices for TSX have started being lower. The car hasn't change at lot in looks for a while now. New 08 tsx is expected to be complete make over
    Still haven't signed the papers yet. The dealer is getting cranky because I want to finalize all terms before I go in to sign.

Extended warranty - NO :P
    LoJack - NO :P
    PermaPlate - HELLNO :P

They've used every trick possible to leave themselves an out to tack on additional costs.

The Finance guy tried to yank our chain on finance terms, claiming my loan rate will be based on the above addons.

Yeah right, pull this leg and you'll hear jingle bells....

The plan tomorrow is to go sign papers and drive off our new TSX. I'm sure they'll take at least one last shot at the extended warranty. I will politely refuse for maybe 5 minutes. If he doesn't take no for an answer, my planned response is -

"I've been patient until now, and you don't seem to want to take no for an answer. You now have 2 minutes to go think about your sale. When you return, all I want to hear is Yes or No. If you come back with anything other than Yes, we're out the door and will not return. End of sale."

I've bought a few cars in my day, but I expected a "classier" experience with Acura. Their overwhelming theme has been - "Write us a blank check and we'll be very nice to you." Otherwise I feel like I'm buying from a Used Car lot.

I assume it's this dealer, but maybe it's a car industry trend toward guerilla sales. I want to be a nice, polite guy and have a rosy feel good buying experience, BUT I've had 2 different finance guys actually try to bully me into closing the deal. I find the tactic to be, to put it gently, humorous.

Tomorrow should be entertaining, if nothing else. :)
  • akhiakhi Member Posts: 1
    Walked into first dealship today..within few min they were selling TSX NAVI at invoice price ($ 28282 ) in atlanta area. OTD is $30,600. Going to check few more dealers to see what they are offering.
    Anyone from atlanta got good deal than this one?
    dandrews77, At such points you need to stand up and remind them that its your money and their goods that they are competing to sell...So no reasons for them to bullify your car buying exp...Just be firm with your price and keep your check book on teh table along with the cell phone on teh side.. ;) Give them signals that you want to buy and you can buy it from any other dealer as well..
    We finalized the deal Saturday morning. The finance guy again covered the same 3 "add-ons" and I remained patient and polite throughout as he did not push it too hard this time. Since he knew the answer was NO going in, he didn't over-do the pitch.

He claimed that our salesperson's commission on the deal was 27 cents.

Overall, I think I got the best deal I could at the time while buying from a local dealer. But I'd rate the "purchasing experience" overall a 5 out of 10 due to "overly agressive finance manager BS".

So to recap -
    2007 TSX no NAV, Glacier Blue with Ebony interior
    Purchased in SF north Bay Area
    Final negotiated price - $26,700
    Out the door, including taxes and everthing - $29,141
    Dealer financed - 72 mos, 6.74%, $24,141 financed, $409/mo.

Hope others find this info helpful when buying your new TSX. And a big thanks to everyone that posted before me so I knew what to work with.
  • bmoff84bmoff84 Member Posts: 15
    $23,900 + TTL and $229 doc fee. The car has 6,000 miles (was a demo) and is certified. Includes wheel locks and trunk mat.
  • carleton3carleton3 Member Posts: 12
    does 26,400 include destination charge? wondering what other people are paying for 07 tsx without navigation. thanks for any help.
  • tsx_girltsx_girl Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my 07 TSX with navigation. manual 6 sp, carbon grey/black. also came with the wheel locks and splash guards.

Got a great deal - $28,630 (invoice+dest fee)... so got it for a tiny bit under invoice. OTD at a little over $30K (TTL only) the dealership also gave me a great deal on my trade-in. the best part about the dealership is that there were NO add on fees, and a very light sell on the extended warranties and extras. once i said 'no thanks' the finance guy said, ok done.

all in all a great experience - plus i LOVE my new car! The dealership was Acura of Pleasanton, for all you SF Bay area folks.
    tsz_girl: Good that you like the car... just for others to know now:) the invoice price of $28,129 INCLUDES the destination price of $630.00 (This is as per KBB.COM)
    For Others: Dont let the dealership folks add destination charges twice..
    The salesman may have only made 27 cents but that's not because the dealership only made that much money.
    That was $26,700, and yes it included the destination charge.
  • vol1vol1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased a TSX Nav/AT in the Tampa/Ocala/Sarasota area recently? Most dealers seem to have a lot of inventory, but they are barely budging(if at all) on the price. Best internet offer so far is just $500 off MSRP (ie- $1000. off the Msrp plus $499 dealer fee). That quote was from a dealership where my husband and his partner bought two new company MDXs, plus one for partner's wife and one for his mother all at once in 2004. Getting discouraged-may buy something else if I can't get anymore discount-esp. since model will be changing soon and other cities are discounting.
    Florida in general seems to be that way - not only do dealers fail to deal much but they are all charging outrageous fees.
  • vincent50vincent50 Member Posts: 20
    I have a deposit on a 2007 TSX without navigation.
    $26,500 which includes the destination charge.
    First Acura in Seekonk, MA
    Ask for the internet manager, Tim Foley.
  • refriderrefrider Member Posts: 1
    What would be a price I should expect to pay for a 07 TSX w/nav in the Chicago metro area? Anybody with any experiences in this area (either good or bad) with any dealers and prices they paid would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    The invoice price is $28,129. As per KBB This price INCLUDES the destination charges of $610. Do not let your sales man add that again..I would say you should be able to get TXS w/nav for Invoice + ($300 to $500) Do teh internet thing before going and just start your conv with "how many hundered dollars over invoice". It will be use ful to take print out of KBB page..:)
  • frenchvfrenchv Member Posts: 42
    I'm looking at a 04 TSX with Nav for $20k (negotiated to 18K) from a Honda dealership. It comes with a 5 years pwr train warranty.

The only thing is that it has 80k miles on it. The car drives fine except that I feel some heat coming from the left front vent and the air is not on. Not sure what that means.

However I do like the car but I'm wondering if it's safe to buy an 04 with 80k miles on it.

BTW TSX's only take premium?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I would not touch this even if you can get it for 18K, IMO. 80K is the main problem here. If it's only 40K miles, it would be o.k.

By the way...are you sure you still have the warranty left since it's 80K?
  • frenchvfrenchv Member Posts: 42
    Yes I thought of that, they said something about 5 years 60k miles, I didn't inquire more but at this point I'm looking at other cars with lower mileage.

Thx! :shades:
  • deltmideltmi Member Posts: 6
    I've read the past 100 messages or so, and it seems like the prices for the 07 TSX are getting very close to invoice (both nav and non-nav). I'm very interested in buying the TSX, but when would be the best time to buy? In your opinion, should I buy the 07 TSX now or wait until the 08 TSX is reveiled? I know there's a lot of variables, but I'm concerned about timing. Thanks for you input.
  • mikeuclamikeucla Member Posts: 2
    Just my opinion, I'm not a professional or anything, but I think now is a great time to purchase/lease a 2007 TSX. I've read that the 2008 TSX will not be the redesign. The redesign will be the 2009 model, which will start arriving in dealerships early in 2008. Both the 2007 and 2008 model cycles will be shortened, down to 9 months each. That's why the deals on the 2007s are going on now. They are clearing the way for the 2008s to come in July, and the 2009s will come in March of 2008. FYI, I just leased a Carbon Gray Pearl, ebony interior, manual transmission with navigation. Price was just under invoice, 27,995. Zero down, $675 drive off, $360/mo lease. Great deal. The car is phenomenal!
    Mike, I'm assuming your in the Southern California area because of your screen name. I am too. Where did you lease your car, and what were some of the T&Cs (Length of loan, APR, any "back-end" costs)?
  • mikeuclamikeucla Member Posts: 2
    Hi Deltmi,

Yup, I'm from sunny socal. I shopped around at a lot of dealers and they were all very friendly. I was mainly working with the internet sales managers. I got great offers from Power Acura of South Bay in Torrance, Sierra Acura in Alhambra, and South Coast Acura. The special lease that's available now has a money factor of 0.001270 which is basically equivalent to an APR of about 3%. Residual on a 36 month, 10k mile/yr lease is 61% for a TSX with navigation, 62% without. No hidden fees. My amount due at signing was my first month's payment plus tax, title, registration, doc fee, tire disposal fee, etc... total was $680. I elected to roll the acquisition cost (bank fee) of $595 into the lease. I chose to put no money down because generally, on a lease you want to put down as little as possible. Good luck, and happy hunting! :shades:
    End of the month is a good time to buy - like today. You'll have a few more chances but the 08s could roll in (with no changes) by July (assume another $200 bump in MSRP). Some info about the new TSX should be out by the Frankfurt show (Sept). The ultimate low prices will depend on how much Honda is willing to help the dealers move the last of the current gen cars. Like with the 06s I'd look for at least $1000 cash back soon and maybe even more later. By this time next year the left over 08s might really get discounted. Based on past history, probably late Dec or around the time the new TSX debuts will be the best time to make a great deal on the last of the sub 30K entry level luxury car (I assume the 09 TSX will be over 30K and sell for sticker for a while)
    Thanks for the insight biker4! I'm getting an itchy trigger finger...
  • radhayradhay Member Posts: 17
    southern florida, 27,995 + 595 dealer fee for 2007 tsx w/navi.
    OK guys pulled the trigger. I ordered it over the phone. Can't wait to see how it actually looks. I am going to Jacksonville,FL monday and hoping it will be a good experience at the dealership at the acuraoforangepark. Will keep you posted. Final price was 28156.20 + tag & tax.
    I paid $28,129+300 for my 07 TSX w/Navi. I was in and out of the dealership within 30 mins. I was talking to the guy for few weeks prior to visiting the dealership. I bought it from Rosenthal Acura. Had visited Radley and Chevy Chase but they both were not so good. Chevy Chase sales man was *bad* he was hell bent upon adding the destination charges twice ie over the KBB invoice price which actully includes the destination charges. He had the courage to say " We as a policy don't bench mark our prices with Kbb and Consumer Reports pricing..."At this point I realized I was wasting my time there. btw, I am in DC area. I dealt with a guy called Chris at Rosenthal He was excellent. I wrote a personal mail of to the dealership owner to give him kudos..With such people you dont mind if the make few hundered dollars after all they are sweating to exceed excpectaions and attain their targets.
    Thanks. I think we both paid about the same price. It took over 3 hours for me get out the dealership though since I changed the car color choice (from pearl brown to black) after comparing both the cars visually and also wanted to see the financing options. Any way it was a good experience overall. It is easy to work with acura of orange park, Jacksonville,FL sales person Henry.

Still trying to figure out voice command, Can't get it to recognize correctly the phone numbers I am inputting. Hoping its just my accent and not a problem.
    I had that issue too but soon I started being confident and it worked... Just say the #s in flow but each # should be clear... :) it really works..
  • psu03psu03 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone had a good purchasing experience in the philly area on a 2007 TSX w/o nav. The best internet quote I have received is $26,695 + tags/tags. Thanks.
    It's surprising to see better prices (and service) at Rosenthal than elsewhere. My in-laws got a Mazda 3 from them also at a good price.
  • tsx_fantsx_fan Member Posts: 1
    Been a frequenter of the forums for a long time, finally pulled the trigger on. Thought I'd share the deal I got on the last 06 TSX in Boise, ID. Arctic Blue Pearl w/ black leather.
    Sale Price: $25,400
    Tax: 6%
    APR: 3.9% @ 60 months
    Monthly: $505.47 w/ nothing down incl ttl
  • fm8dcifm8dci Member Posts: 6
    Picked up my new TSX for $26.4 plus tax and tags at Motorworld Acura in Wilkes Barre, PA. Also had this price from a dealer in langhorne, PA
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Might be hard to do too much better. Edmunds invoice plus delivery is 26451 so they are asking 244 over invoice including delivery. If the 08's come out early there could be some dealer cash. It is not like TSX is flying off the lots as the dealer would like you to believe. My problem with the TSX right now is that it is an old design and a bit expensive for a 4 cylinder no matter how nice. I am trying to wait until the 08 accord comes out, with the new V6 which should be much improved over the current one. Old Mike
  • foreverudisforeverudis Member Posts: 17
    I just decided on TSX a week back and started reading reviews and prices. I fortunately got to look into this forum and read someone paid 28129+300 with navigation. I went to the deals in houston area under the impression that 28129+300 was the drive out price and started negotiating with that figure in mind. I was upset because noone took me anywhere close to that. Finally one dealer gave me quote of 30,101 Drive out. And with that quote i went to another one and he gave me 30,001 drive out with 4 year free car wash and oil change with premium service amd yeah it's back exterior with black leather and navigation...i guess there's nothing better i can get so i am buying it this weekend. Hurray !!!!