Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• plutocrazyplutocrazy Member Posts: 13
    I paid $28,129+300 Thats was before tax and title but it includes destination charges. Mostly negotiations are for being close to invoice price or beat it which is less likely for TSX. Its great car worth the price. I have had mine for 3 weeks now.
  • ffejffej Member Posts: 1
    I just signed the paper on it and I can't wait until I pick it up!! I am going on thursday(have to wait for the Ipod Music Link installation). Here are the numbers.

Price: $28282
    + music link
    + all season matts
    + wheel locks
    + splash guards
    TOTAL: $29k + TTL
  • foreverudisforeverudis Member Posts: 17
    Yeah it is a great car. Mine is now for 30,001 drive out plus i am getting 4 years oil change and car wash free for 4 years.. so i am happy. and thank you. your figure helped me take the dealer down to this figure.
  • taxlawyertaxlawyer Member Posts: 29
    I received a price quote of 26,900 for a left over 2006 with automatic TSX with nav - is that a good price?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    sounds good to me. but try to go lower-no harm asking but the price sounds ok.
    Thanks for your help.

They don't seem willing to go any lower but had insisted that the price included all document costs/fees.... everything. (But I was hoping for $26,500).

Based on my past history, I usually get stuck paying the highest price for everything.

Thanks again.
    26,500 with navi? thats great deal i believe...is that your final price? i mean 26,500+TT&L?? lowest i could go for drive out was 29,700 with navigation. and that includes 6.5% sales tax and 395 registration fees.
    not this time-very good price.
    yeah you wont end up paying high as your "track record" says...... but you didnt tell me..about the final price....let me know. i am to buy the car on 21st and am still negotiating...your numbers can help me...
  • kb1098kb1098 Member Posts: 4
    Can any comment on the supply of 2007 TSX with 6MT and Navi? I'm getting what I think are good price offers (mostly 28.1 + TTL), but I'm finding very limited supply.

Another forum reports that 2007 buildout is complete and that no new cars will arrive until the MY08 shows up in July.

I have a hard time believing there are only a handful of such cars in the Greater Chicago area, and nothing besides gray or black. I was really hoping for red or royal blue.

Can any dealers or consumers shed light on Chicago supplies of 2007 6MT/Navi TSX?! Thanks.
  • gforce23gforce23 Member Posts: 12
    I just checked the availability of a Royal Blue Pearl TSX w/6MT and Nav through a dealer and according to him, there isn't one in the entire state of GA! :mad:
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Not surprising - 6MT w/ navi is about the rarest of combos - then you throw in a rare color....

I doubt the change to MY08 will make the supplies of this rare combo any better.
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    kb1098-

I live in Chicago, and might buy an Acura before long. I don't have information to assist you, but I would welcome any comments you might have, positive or negative, about area dealers. I was told that plans were underway for an Acura dealership within the city, where I live.

I recently test-drove a TSX and liked it. When the CL coupe came out in 1996, I tried to buy one. A suburban dealer took my deposit and told me the car was en route, but weeks later, I contacted Acura corporate and learned otherwise.

Good luck, best wishes.
    Final price was 26,900 for 06tsx leftover with navigation. But you said your 07 navi was 29,700 and INCLUDED tax?

Mine was 26,900+TTL.

Still deciding here. Sounds crazy but I wonder if there's a catch. The dealership is hundreds of miles from my house. I imagine going there and being told a different story (although it doesn't seem like that will happen).

Good luck to you on your purchase.

P.S. - Springfield Acura (in New Jersey) internet department had offered me the 2007 for invoice but I opted for the lower price on the 2006 leftover.
    if you are not sure ask the dealer to e-mail you the price along with the vin # and all other fees. you can always tell them you need that information for car insurance.
    Ohh yeah i just noticed that you are paying that much on 2006. Yeah mine includes TT &L. and destination fees. Also it oncludes window tints and wheel locks..You sould get yours for much lesser....
    gkg680, I tried without success to email but figure I'll post since that seems to work and since others might care.

Given limited supply of the 6MT + Navi, I went to McGrath (Westmont) since they actually had one in stock (in Carbon Gray). I test drove and eventually purchased. The salesman was a bit difficult but polite. We agreed on purchase price ($200 over invoice -- $28.4ish (included delivery but not TTL)) but spent lots of time back and forth on trade-in price (8YO car with only 55K miles). Especially given limited remaining supply of the 6MT + Navi, we reached a deal after several rounds of negotiating.

I'd received bids from other dealers, including a good one from Pauly Acura, which claimed to have black 6MT + Navi in stock. Many other dealers were fine for Internet price negotiations, but most didn't have the car in stock. The only dealer I didn't have good luck with was Joe Rizza, which shot high and got very defensive when I politely pointed out comps. Based on my limited experience, I wouldn't recommend Joe Rizza, or at least my salesman.

As point of comparison, my wife and I bought a 2006 MDX from Muller Acura last fall (closeout pricing after 2007 MMC arrived). By comparison to McGrath, I liked Muller better. Quicker negotiations, much better trade-in experience, and less pressure for high-margin add-ons.

So McGrath was fine but if purchasing again I might look at Mullers, assuming they had my car in stock. Having said that, I will give McGrath high marks on the dealer survey since they don't deserve to be punished for anything.

And finally, I love my new TSX! I'm coming from a mid-sized GM with 3.5L V-6 and the TSX is so much more fun. It feels fast and responsive even at low speeds, and it has plenty of go when I'm driving on the highway. I'm sure I'd love the raw power of a G35 or 335i, but I didn't think the extra $$ necessary for me (though I don't begrudge any who choose those vehicles). I'm a 35YO married male with two kids, and I wanted a good blend of sensibility and fun (which I got). My wife grew up in GM country -- so she knows cars -- and has also enjoyed the 6MT.

Hope this long message is helpful to you and others. Thanks for your note, and best wishes on your eventual purchase.
    If any moderators can edit posts, I'd appreciate fixing a bad oversight on my part. Upon re-review of my file, I found it was Ed Napleton, not Joe Rizza, who was a pain. Joe Rizza was very responsive and polite.

Apologies to any Joe Rizza associates who frequent this board, and again I'll invite moderators to replace dealer name above. But to be clear, Joe Rizza was fine and Ed Napleton was the only difficult dealer.

Arlington Acura was also easy to deal with via Internet.
    So what would be a good price for a new (left over) 2006 TSX with no miles and navi.

Ya see! I thought that 26,900 was a good price!

Any idea on what it should be?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Nah..i would say you can get better deal. 26900+TT&L(2100) = 29,000. I got 2007 for 29,800 and that has navi, window tints and wheel locks... ask him to go futhur down.. i am sure you would get better than that. I paid 6.5 % saled tax as texas has higher sales tax on automobile. By the way, i have a friend who paid 25,500 drive out on 2006 TSX without navigation. You take 2000 out for navi.and do the rest math...i hope this will be of some help.
    Thanks for your help.

I guess there was a misunderstanding.

This new 06' TSX HAS Navi.

So I guess the price is OK then, right?

By the way, was the price you paid including TTL?

Thanks.
  • ewellsieewellsie Member Posts: 15
    2007 TSX w/ Navi
    Royal Blue Pearl/Glacier Blue with ebony interior

Negotiated Price: 28,800
    Terms: 36/mo + 12,000/yr
    Residual: 60%
    MF: .00127
    Money down: $750
    Monthly Payment: $439

Had a trade-in to deal with, but I did the best I could and came out very well.
    Yes, the price of 29800 for 2007 TSX with navi, window tint and wheel lock includes TT &L. that was my drive out prices..nothing extra...
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I've posted the details of a lease I signed today on the Lease Questions forum . . . but figured I'd at least note the selling price here.

$26,400 plus tax and title (this seems to be a fairly "normal" price lately)
    wheel locks and splash guards included
    no "extra fees" to jack up the price - just a $55 doc fee

Easy no-haggle transaction. Hope this info helps someone else get their TSX at the price they want - I've really appreciated all the valuable info on these forums!
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    TSX 07 silver auto
    w/o nav. 27.8k
    sales man gave to thousand off + tax, title...
    D.O price is 27k.

* I told him that i would take the car today for a driveout price of 25k max. He was getting a bit edgy :mad: but my reason was it was just a dressup Honda. That's all. Plus this is the last year.
    What do you guys think? :confuse: Is 25k drive out a good price? Let me know
    I HAD NAVIGATION AND WINDOW TINT IN 29800 DRIVE OUT...AND YEAH WHEEL LOCKS TOO..BLK EXT AND BLK INT. NOTHING EXTRA....
  • deltmideltmi Member Posts: 6
    I don't blame the dealer for being a bit "edgy" because you're not giving him any room for profit. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to get a Brand New 2007 TSX for $25k but it ain't going to happen... at least not in California. OTD price of $27k is just about invoice + dest. + TTL here in California. Unless Houston has really low sales tax, I don't think you'll find any dealers willing to sell the car for $25k OTD. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. If you do buy one for $25K, I'm flying out to Houston to buy one!
    Yeah i highly doubt if he would sell the car for 25k. The tax in houston is 6.5 %. As i mentioned i paid 29800 D.O. for 2007 TSX window tint, navi and wheel locks...You cant call it a dressed up Honda...even if you go for honda accord with same options like leather seats, sunroof, moon roof, alloy wheels and 6 CD changer, which is standard in case of Acura, i dont think you would get honda or for that matter any decent car like toyota camry or nisaan ultima for 25k d.o. If he gives you the car for that price at this moment....do let us all know...All the best !!
  • tsx2007tsx2007 Member Posts: 2
    Just want to see what other people think of the following lease offer:

Sale price 27300+TTL+fees(no nav)+sales tax (connecticut) 6%
    term 24 months
    money factor 0.00127
    residual 19069
    milage 15000

thanks!
    1. Money factor is good.

2. Double-check that residual. I believe it should be 19,269 (67%).

3. Price looks high: 26,400 - 26,700 seems to be pretty widely available.
  • tsx2007tsx2007 Member Posts: 2
    Rujo,
    Thanks,
    Another dealer just offered 26700.00 everything else is same. i am not sure if i can shave off any more.
  • celticdude69celticdude69 Member Posts: 2
    I just got internet quotes for new 2007 TSX AT non-navi from 3 sf bay area dealers:
    $25,920
    $26,150
    $26,188
    Quotes good until 04/30/2007. One dealer even said they'll match if I can get a better quote. Hoping to get one this weekend.
    Valuable info - exactly what we need! Well done.

I just got internet quotes for new 2007 TSX AT non-navi from 3 sf bay area dealers:
    $25,920
    $26,150
    $26,188
    Quotes good until 04/30/2007. One dealer even said they'll match if I can get a better quote. Hoping to get one this weekend.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Been watching the local dealer TSX inventory philly burbs.
    Two weeks ago they had 27 today they have 6. Have read on another site that 07 production is done,perhaps this is true and 08's will be in soon, not that they will change from the 07's, Old Mike
  • baydriver57baydriver57 Member Posts: 4
    Celticdude wrote:

$25,920
    $26,150
    $26,188

Can you tell me where these quotes are from? I have quotes from Stevens Creek Acura and Los Gatos Acura at $26,250 and $26,199 respectively.
  • celticdude69celticdude69 Member Posts: 2
    $25,920 - Acura of Serramonte
    $26,150 - Steven's creek Acura
    $26,188 - Sunnyvale Acura

One thing I learned is that they have to have it in stock to be able give you a great price. So, it'll depend on the color and trim you want. Check their inventory at acura.com.
  • absoabso Member Posts: 3
    07 AT w/Nav, carbon gray with quartz int. Dealer offered the car at invoice. I added on a spoiler and protection package. Price includes installation of spoiler as well.

Out the door incl TTL and dealer fees (no hidden fees), 31870. Am I getting a good price on this, or should I go somewhere else. Got an out the door of 150 less at another dealership, (which is pretty negligible imo) but they are a 2 hour drive for me to get to, and would prefer dealing with the first place due to location.

Suggestions? Take this deal, or should I be pushing for a lower price?
  • acleexacleex Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote on a 07 Black/Black TSX AT with navi in a MD dealership at about $29,680, incluing wheel locks, and TTT. Keep in mind that there is no spoiler/install and no protection package.

I'm 99% likely to jump on the dealership's offer, but if your TSX offer is at this range minus the spoiler and protection package, I'd say we both have good deals.
    You got the better deal I think. Minus the options, I'm at 30,950 or so. The guy had no intention of selling below invoice and never blinked at reducing the cost of the options. So I think I got the best deal that I could have at least. What are the taxes like up in MD? Mine came out to close to 1900, which could be making up for a bit of that difference.
  • acleexacleex Member Posts: 4
    I got mine at 27912 (invoice + 300). Maryland's car sales tax is 3.0%, or about 860 bucks. I am getting black on black with navi, and that is very hard to find from what the dealer said to me. There are no Black on Black non navis in Maryland or Virginia. I also live in Virginia and got the car in MD because the processing fees in VA are ridiculous (250-400) and the tax rate is at 3.17%. Maryland's is capped at 100, and the dealer charged 95.
    Looks like we got the same deal then, as tax in fl is about 6.25%. So that makes up the rest of the difference. You might try and either get it at invoice, or try to get the splash guards/mats thrown in as well. They will likely give you the mats/guards no problem, so it doesn't hurt to ask either way. Enjoy your new tsx!
    guys, i live in texas and taxes are 6.5%. I got my car 2 weeks back for 29800(including TT&L, wheel locks and window tint). I have a black on black with navigation. I never considered the car without navigation afetr taking test ride with navigation.I posted this previously so someone can get help and try negotiate with the dealers to get better deal..All the best.
  • skyline101skyline101 Member Posts: 5
    Is it possible I can get a 07 TSX Automatic w/ Navi for between 28,500 - 29,000K OTD including TTL in CA (anywhere in CA)
    I doubt. because according to my knowledge, sales tax in CA is 6.5% the best i could get in houston was 29800 D.O. where sales tax is 6.5%. but still look around, you may get later this year when 2008 model will be out in market and dealers will try to sale their inventories.
  • skyline101skyline101 Member Posts: 5
    When are the 08's due in by?
  • lipalonglipalong Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! I live in Los Angeles and purchased my TSX from Acura of Glendale. The people there from the sales team to the service dept. are top notch. A very pleasant experience all around.
    I was just wondering if I got as good a deal as I think I did?
    I paid $28,088 plus 8.25% sales tax. $300 for DMV, title, license. $1,495 for 8 year/120,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Plus I got wheel locks, cargo net, splash guards, and door edge trim all installed and included in the deal for a total drive off price of $32,200 for a Carbon Grey 6 speed manual with Nav. I love this car!! Did I get a good deal? :D

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    Lipalong
    no offense, you really should be asking that question before you buy the car. too late now so enjoy it. i own a 06 milano red/ebony 6spd/w nav for almost 6 months now and it will probably have 15,000 miles on it on it's 6th month birthday. sales tax (highway use tax as it is called in NC) is 3%. your price sounds o.k. My car also got the wheel locks, mud guards, door-edge guards, trunk tray and painted-on pin-stripes. glad your buying experience was excellant. sounds like my dealer. I bought my car in Pa at a dealer I have bought numerous cars from over the years-Lehigh Valley Acura. top-notch service department.on yes best decision 6 speed-the best and nav which does come in handy
  • dsarnoffdsarnoff Member Posts: 4
    I just received an email offer from Nelson at Acura of Glendale for a 2007 Auto W/navigation for $27800 BEFORE TTL.

This has been the best price I have been emailed. The Acura dealerhsip in Alhambra emailed me a quote for the same car for $28,000. So I think anyone should be able to get one below invoice right now. Also, there are special finance rates that just started in May. 24-36 months, 1.9% and 36-60 months at %3.9.
  • acurasuzacurasuz Member Posts: 1
    I bought my TSX in 05... an 04 model with just under 20k miles. Auto, cd changer, leather heated seats, alloy wheels, all the niceties but no nav. I paid just over 25K from Carmax.

Bad news is, on the day my first payment was due I was rear ended. Some kid in an early 90's civic wreaked havoc on my back bumper, jamming it into the side panels causing them to have replaced. I've never seen a car crinkle like this one.

Anywho... long story short, the repair was fabulous but the damage has completely destroyed any resale value of the car. I'm having a very hard time unloading it for even close to what I owe when according to Blue/Black book, I should be able to get at least what I owe.

I'm probably in the wrong forum for this as a newbie... but as a warning to TSX shoppers, they're beautiful amazing little cars and I love mine... but if you get tapped, you will be SOL.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    You did great right up to the point where you wasted almost $1500 on the extended warranty.