Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That's true of any car - not just the TSX.
  • autoshprautoshpr Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone recently bought or leased a TSX w/Navigation in the Bay Area? If so, what sort of prices are you getting quoted for the vehicle including the $670 destination charge?
  • autoshprautoshpr Member Posts: 2
    What have people received as quotes for the 2007 TSX 6spd manual with Navi?
  • andrewevenstarandrewevenstar Member Posts: 6
    Hello all!

I received a quote from Valencia Acura for 2007 TSX non Navi around 26,700 and w/ navi for 28,600 or so. Does anyone else have any recommendations or quotes in the southern california area? Thanks!!

Also, I am getting info that 2007 Black / Black non Navi's are getting pretty rare. Acura in Glendale stated only 4 in the state left? hmmm...
  • shoopashoopa Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'm getting ready to purchase a TSX. Thanks for all the recent quotes for the Bay Area. Those will help.

I'm wondering is it worth waiting to the end of the month. Do sales people really get more competitive with pricing at the end of the month to hit their numbers? Though with a holiday weekend, maybe that goes against me :)

cheers,
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I'd say those quotes seem about $500-700 high. Take a look at recent California quotes on this forum and see if you agree.
  • dsarnoffdsarnoff Member Posts: 4
    I had quotes for a 2007 Nav with Auto from Glendale Acura at $27800 and from Alhambra for $27745. Since Acura 101 had the color I wanted, they matched the lower price. My OTD price was $30460.00. So I think $28,600 is a good starting point but I am sure they can go lower.
  • jesyjesy Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting quotes much higher for a Glacier Blue (w/ nav) in the New England area. Ranging from 28500 to 28900. Some say the next GB they'll have is the 08, but have referred me to other (far away) dealers who have one on the lot. Is there a premium for this color? Anyone know a reasonable price in this area?
    This is straight from Valencia Acura.

With Navigation your out the door price comes to $31,184.
    Sales Tax - $2355.79
    Government Fees - $273.75
    Doc fee-$55

Without navigation the out the door is $29,551
    Sales Tax - $2,232.04
    government fees - $264.75
    $55 doc fee.

Glendale Acura seems a bit cheaper. I will contact them as well.

Anyone confirm that black / black 2007 TSX non navi is pretty rare? That's what I heard from Glendale Acura.
  • orion75orion75 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger on the TSX this friday.

Got a TSX with Navi. in Black with Parchment without any additional packages or accessories. The final OTD price was $30,100 (incl. TT&L). Got this deal from David McDavid in Austin area.

Had another price from Sterling Acura for the same car but White with Parchment for $29,800 Drive out. The Sterling guys have around 3 whites in the same configuration on their lot, so you can get the same or better price if interested in White.

I wanted the Black with Parch. so was ok paying the additional $300.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a TSX with Nav.
    1) I really think that, for a model that's been around a while, "rare" is because it doesn't sell all that well - not because demand is extra high. I understand a dealer wanting to spin it as "rare" and I understand there may not be a large number available at any given time. But the other side of the coin is that the 07 model year is coming to an end and dealers need to sell their stock - just because a dealer's trying to use "rare' as a tactic to get you to pay more doesn't mean you have to give in to the spin.

2) Those prices are $500-1000 higher than we were seeing on this forum a couple of weeks ago. It's possible the supply/demand equation has changed . . . but I'd be sceptical and wonder if it's simply this dealer being stubborn and/or non-competitive.
  • lipalonglipalong Member Posts: 3
    Well, I suppose when it comes to warranties, it's a matter of opinion. But its also a matter of experience. I had a 6 year 60,000 ext. war. on my Nissan 200SX. I still have it and it has 130,000 miles now (w/original clutch!). It has been such a reliable car and in the 10 years I've owned it, it has only broken down once when my alternator died about 4 years ago. Good marks aside, however, after the factory war. but still while under ext. warranty I had the sunroof replaced, my emergency brake cable replaced, and my radiator replaced (they were checking a leak and decided to replace the radiator) These three non-emergency but necessary repairs easily surpassed the expense of the warranty. I'm not the type who buys warranties on everything, but I feel better knowing that for 8 years or 120,000 miles with NO deductible, I am covered for pretty much everything. There's a lot more fancy electronic gizmos and computer controlled stuff to possibly break than was on my last car too. For 15 bucks a month, and considering the great deal on the car, I'll live with it and smile. I still got the car with $500 worth of dealer installed accessories for $30,700 which includes 8.25% sales tax and fees. Based on the prices I've seen on the forum, I think I did pretty well. Sure I hope I never need the warranty, but you never know. By the way, Love This Car!!! Acura of Glendale treated me right.
    Regards,
    Lipalong
    I received $30,560 out the door for Black / Black w/ Navi from Glendale Acura.

Much cheaper than Valencia. The Valencia internet salesman has yet to match the deal. He says I must bring it in writing. I'm not going to drive all the way down there just to match the price.

The term out the door includes all fees AND TAXES correct?
  • acleexacleex Member Posts: 4
    yes, that's what out the door means.
  • acleexacleex Member Posts: 4
    The black/black tsx non navi is very hard to get in the east coast at this point. I have a black/black AT with navigation and that is almost as hard to get too. However, I believe there will be a number of black/black TSX's coming to the east coast in droves before the summer buying season, so it should be that way in the west too.

Acura TSX's and TL's look sweet in black on black.
  • shoopashoopa Member Posts: 2
    Well, I went ahead and bought a TSX (AT, non-navi) anyways. Couldn't wait.

BTW, Stevens Creek advertised $25,809 as a "weekend special" So its already down from $26,150 noted on the board a couple of weeks ago. Maybe by Mem-day it'll be even lower.... But i'm pleased with my new ride.

Now I got to clean out my garage to get the new car in there!

:)
    It wasn't just a matter of the getting the warranty - but the cost of it. First that seems much higher than others have been able to get (I've seen $900 or even lower) and second, you could delay getting it till just before the factory warranty runs out.
    While it's great that some people are able to collect on warranties, some of the horror stories from people getting screwed on such warranties makes one wonder if the warranty is worth the paper it's printed on.
  • vwgti06vwgti06 Member Posts: 2
    An extended warranty is not a waste. I have used them on my cars for the smallest things. It is a way for you not put out money to get something fixed that breaks. At the end of the day you cancel the warranty when you sell your car and get mnoey back for not usin a portion of it. Better to have a clean piece of mind. A car will always be a car.
  • ausdtechausdtech Member Posts: 37
    Hi, could you tell me what publication they advertised this in? The mercury news online ads doesn't have anything for them.
  • jlh78jlh78 Member Posts: 1
    Whoa. Your post makes me nervous. I just leased my 2007 TSX from Continental Acura in Naperville on Saturday. I signed what looks to be a summary page and gave them my credit card # since I was told that the car was en route and should be here this week. Do I have reason to be nervous? What was your experience? BTW, for those readers out there, here are the terms of the lease:

$27,500 selling price
    15k miles/year
    36 months = $385.84
    16,680.80 residual value
    2.65% money factor
    $2550 "down", plus first payment and license fees. Total is $3231.94

The cook county tax is a killer! 8.75%, plus an additional 6% on the monthly payment when you lease! Painful. But I can get over it, if my car actually arrives...
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    Sorry for the delay, I hadn't visited the forum in a while.

I test-drove an Acura CL coupe with a manual transmission in '96, and loved it. I wanted a black one, and with a "stick", it was hard to get.

Continental had a salesman who was related to a co-worker of mine, he's now long-retired, and I agreed to a price. The car didn't come, and I was irritated, because my car was near the end of its useful life.

I contacted Acura corporate, and learned, in June, that the plant in Ohio used to build CLs would be building Honda Civics all summer.

At that point, I needed a car. My '83 Saab Turbo had a transmission problem, serious, although I only had 92,000 on it. I was very disgusted with Continental, and told them so. They didn't seem to care, but they did return my deposit without a fight.

I'm not sure if the personnel at Continental are the same now, but if you're happy with your deal, I would imagine they'll get you the car you want. Bear in mind, I was trying to buy a car that had just hit the market, and CL coupes with a manual, in black, were very hard to find. It was an interesting, enjoyable car, not expensive, and Acura had trouble meeting demand. My tax accountant has owned several Acuras, and he's loved every one.

If the next car I buy isn't a TSX, it'll probably be a TL.

Good luck to you, best wishes.
  • lipalonglipalong Member Posts: 3
    biker4,
    I thought the cost was reasonable considering the internet sales price was $1800. I saw their pricing sheet. So I figured I saved $305 on it. Plus, on a Lexus IS 250 they want $2999 for their warranty which covers less mileage than Acura's. With that, I figured $1495 was fair. Just curious, on that $900 or less figure was that on the 8 year/ 120,000 mile with no deductible warranty? They offer other types with $100 deductibles and lower years and mileage for lower prices.
    Thanks,
    Lipalong
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Picked up my 07 TSX tuesday night. $26200 sale price. $334 a month after taxes. current lease deal on tsx (60% residual, .0011 MF for 36/12k on non navi, 59% on navi) lasts til end of june.
  • deltmideltmi Member Posts: 6
    I got an email message from an Acura dealer in So. California. And the internet dealer said "I'm $1500 below invoice on whichever TSX you choose."

Using the Edmunds Invoice (+ dest.) before TTL it comes out to:
    Auto, Non-Navi = $26,451 - $1,500 = $24,951 + TTL
    Auto, Navi = $28,282 - $1,500 = $26,782 + TTL

Hopefully I can get the special APR that's going on right now too!
  • dsarnoffdsarnoff Member Posts: 4
    Which dealer emailed you that?
    What dealership?!
    Yeah, that may have been a differently tiered warranty. All it matters is that you're happy with the deal. It certainly sounds like the rest of the deal was good. It just seems like some folks start out with a great deal on the car itself and then are taken to the cleaners on a trade or warranty or financing or that $500 "protection package". :(
  • skyline101skyline101 Member Posts: 5
    Which dealership is this?
  • tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    hes waiting to close his deal before we all rush the dealership :shades:
  • thomcinthomcin Member Posts: 29
    Bought my 07 TSX for $27,007 out the door (including all fees, tags, title, doc. ect...) Mine is a base Black/Black.
    Love the front driver seat comfort, build quality and price.
    The TSX seats are more comfortable than the TL and have better bolstering. Looked at the A4 quattro, G35 Journey, Toyota Avalon XLS and all cost about $5,000 more than TSX in real world pricing. So far so good. Traded a 2004 BMW 3 series convertible which I had owned for over 4 years.
    How much did you pay before TTL? and where did you purchase?
    I just bought mine today too. Did your dealer have to trade with another dealer to get your car?

I'll post my details later. I got the last black / black base model in Cali.
    Yes my dealer had to trade with his other dealership about 40 miles away. Although I live in NC I purchased my car in Virginia Beach at Hall Acura.
    So anyone know which dealer has the tsx 1,500 under invoice??!?!? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • xy1xy1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have TSX AT pricing (before TTL) in the NY area? Initial price quotes are higher than the 1,000-1,500 below invoice as posted on this forum in other areas.

Quotes w/o Navi before TTL
    27,450 (1,000 > invoice)
    27,750 (1,300 > invoice)
    26,351 (100 < invoice)

Carsdirect (27,360) and kbb (27,466) are also about 1000 above invoice.

Prices with or without Navi before TTL welcomed. Looking for best deal in area or nearby. Thanks !!!
    So I purchased my TSX at Acura 101 West and it was simple and easy.

OTD was 28,XXX. I can't remember the exact OTD price. I took advantage of the 60mo 3.9 APR they are offering currently.

I put 5k down, monthly payments is around 434$ a month.

I LOVE THIS car. I'm 21 and this is my first purchased car, a huge upgrade from a 91 camry that was falling apart, which led me to buy this car.

I love the acceleration and everything about the car. I always use the heated seats. The car LOOKS MUCH better than it does in photos. The interior is very nice :)

I have a better car than my parents, my boss, and my friends lol :)
  • volcomandrewvolcomandrew Member Posts: 2
    Hmmmmmm I think i might of been ripped off?? I just bought a Glacier Blue 07' Tsx fully loaded, Navi and all. Actually no Spoiler!! 0 down, lojack, gap insurance w/ the 4 year plan.72 months $586 per month out to $36,053

please let me know if i got ripped off when im comparing to all the prices i see from you guys it seems like it

email me if possible.

[email protected]

thank you so much!
  • volcomandrewvolcomandrew Member Posts: 2
    adding on to above
    includes
    cargo net, wheel locks, mud flaps, navi, no spoiler
    im in the los angeles, ca area bought at keyes van nuys

email me [email protected]

i hate getting ripped off. thanks
    Tax was $900 Title & Tag were $68 Doc Fee was $399 (nothing but pure profit) for amount of $25,640 payed without TTL.
    I also used the 3.9 % financing, which will save me over $2,000 in interest compared with my local loan rate of 7.25%. I only put $500 down to take full advantage of this great low rate. Meanwhile I am investing my trade money in a CD @ 6% interest.
  • elwoodblueselwoodblues Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone. I have been reading this forum for several months now and found the information to be very valuable. The information that people present here gives us consumers a lot of power over the dealers. So now it is MY turn to give out some information. I was in the market for a TSX non-navi 6 Speed MT. I live in the San Diego area and requested quotes from dealers in this area and also from some in the LA area, though I strongly preferred to stay local.

I gave first priority to Kearny Mesa Acura (part of the United Auto chain of dealerships), as I have been taking my previous Acura there for service, and I really like their service department. Sadly, I cannot say the same thing about their sales department. I had driven an AT TSX as a service loaner several times, and that is where I first developed my lust for the TSX. But I wanted to test drive an MT version, and I wanted my wife to test drive it too, even though I will be the primary driver of the car. They had an MT in stock (white / parchment), and so we took it for a short test drive with a sales guy who clearly didn&#146;t give a rip and would not make eye contact with my wife. He came back with an email quote of $27,877 + TTL, and that price included $569 for the &#147;security package&#148; which consists of wheel locks, a trunk tray, and splash guards. For that price you&#146;d think they&#146;d be gold plated. I told him I was not interested in the security package, but he said that it came with all their cars and was not negotiable. I also told him that his quotation was nowhere near competitive so he lowered it to $27,677. Later I talked with a neighbor who owned an Acura, and she said that Kearny Mesa had treated her rather poorly as well.

I ended up buying a TSX non-navi, MT in carbon gray pearl with ebony interior from Acura of Escondido (also part of United Auto) for $26,451 (which you will all recognize as invoice plus destination) plus TT&L for an out the door price of $28,800. I signed the paperwork yesterday (05/23/2007). The internet sales guy was GREAT. No nonsense, no BS. He gave me that quote straight away and didn&#146;t try to pile on any unnecessary or unwanted things. I drove to the dealership and met with him and the finance person. Everyone there was friendly and professional. I highly recommend that dealership. He also said that they have just received a fresh shipment from Japan (in fact, mine is still at the docks waiting to be trucked to the dealership) and they are trying to move them fast. Again, I am very impressed with Acura of Escondido.

Now, here are some of the quotes I received and some relevant information.

Ball Acura (National City, just south of San Diego)
    $27,653 + TTL
    They had an MT non-navi in glacier blue / quartz

Kearny Mesa Acura
    $27,877 lowered to $27,677 +TTL
    They have an MT non-navi in stock in white/parchment
    Included non-negotiable security package of wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards
    Unpleasant sales experience.

Acura of Escondido
    $26,451 +TTL
    They have a pretty full inventory and can easily get cars from other United Auto members
    Highly recommended

Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad
    No MTs
    $26,799 +TTL for an AT and hinted that he could go lower
    Internet sales guy was polite and helpful via email, but I wanted an MT so didn&#146;t pursue

DCH Acura of Temecula
    $26,505 +TTL
    One MT in their inventory black / ebony non-navi
    &#147;Many&#148; ATs in their inventory according to sales guy

Glendale Acura
    No MT, Limited AT without navi, most of their stock Navi
    $26,375 + TTL for non-navi
    $27,900 + TTL with Navi
    Internet sales guy was fine via email

Acura of Mission Viejo
    $25,919 (and he said this included destination charges) for an AT non-navi

I also sent an email to Valencia Acura, but it bounced with a message that their account was full.

Again, my thanks to everyone who posted their quotes and experiences. I encourage everyone to share their information because it really empowers us consumers.
    Valuable info - and thank you for posting in such detail!
    Great update, thank you I am also looking in SD for the best deal :shades:
  • petermoz1petermoz1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone,

I like to introduce myself to this fine board; have been reading posts for quite a while already.
    This seems like a perfect time to join since I would like to contribute information on my new TSX purchase.
    Here are the details:
    - Purchased new last week Thursday at McGraph Acura, Morton Grove, IL
    - 2007 6-speed silver/ebony, 68 miles on odometer
    - sale price $26,700 including destination, door moldings, mud guards, wheel locks and winter mats all installed
    - elect. registration fee $25 (permanent license plates installed)
    - document fee $58.48
    - state tax $1874.84
    - county tax $215.88
    - license & title $143.00

Grand total was $29,017; of course I have jumped on Honda's 1.9% financing deal. The sales person was great to deal with; got the only silver 6-speed in IL and I wanted 1.9% so I didn't want to wait for a 2008 model. The door moldings fit and color match perfectly from a silver TL.

I love the transmission; :P ; it was a decision between a 6-speed
    TL Type S and TSX; after considering additional approx. $10,000 costs and increased city fuel consumption I leaned towards a TSX. Have considered waiting for the new 2009 model, the rumors of SH AWD / turbo as only options have steered me away.

Love the car! :blush:

Good luck to all future TSX owners!
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
  • oduwuoduwu Member Posts: 2
    I'm just starting to look around at buying a new TSX. I got a quote for a black AT w/ Navi for $29,881 +doc fee, taxes and title fees. Is this good? I'm in northeast OH.
    Congrats on a nice car . . . but I get "access denied" when I try to see your pics :sick:
    Wow! That price seems really high when we've been seeing posts/quotes on this forum for AT/Nav between $27,500 - 28,300. (Assuming I'm interpreting your price quote correctly - it's $29,881 plus tax, title and fees, right?)
  • orion75orion75 Member Posts: 4
    Seems like the price you are getting is quite high. I purchased my TSX with Navi. in Austin 2 weeks back for 30,100 Out of the door (sales Tax @6.25%).

As of now, checking on Edmunds.com, here's what I see:

Invoice + Destination = $ 28,282
    Current Rebates:
    a. With Honda financing - $300 rebate
    b. Without Honda financing - $500 rebate

Just goto the "Payments Calculator" section on Edmunds and enter your Zip Code, the invoice price, customer cash rebate ($500) and you should see the following calculations:

Vehicle Sales Price : $28,282
    Sales Tax (@7.00 %): + $1,980
    Title, Registration & Other Costs: + $424
    Customer Cash Rebate: - $500

Total Out of the door: $30,186

So I think you should be able to negotiate the final Out of Door price to around $30,200. If you have access to CarFax, run a report on the NEW car's VIN# (you can get the VIN# from the dealer's inventory). The report will just show one entry - The date when the Dealer got it. So if the car has been sitting with the dealer for more than 2-3 months, he will be quite keen to get rid of it. So you can negotiate the price further down based on this information.

Don't go by the "TMV" and "KBB" price of the TSX (as the dealer will try to steer you to those prices), instead just stick to the above prices and in 20-30 mins. of dicussion/negotiation, you should have the car as your own :)

Hope this helps!
  • scargoscargo Member Posts: 1
    Picking up my TL 5/26. Noticed in last Sunday's Trib. that there was a $500 to dealer rebate. Brought this to my salesperson's attention a few days later and he knew nothing about it! I brought up the rebate on his computer and he stated that the $500 goes to the dealer owner, Mr. Muller. I was speechless. As I was about to walk out on the deal he suddenly stated that he "would take of it". I really hope the salesperson isn't cheating poor Mr. Muller out of $500. OTD...$35400.00
  • petermoz1petermoz1 Member Posts: 2
    Rujo,
    I have checked from another computer and the pics are accessible; perhaps a network firewall is preventing your from accessing "freedrive.com" files...
    I wonder is anyone else has the same problem.