Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    The destination fee is fixed and not negotiable. You can't have a 425 "destination" fee. :confuse:
  • thedac84thedac84 Member Posts: 4
    Youre right, i meant to say it was the dealer incentive cash. You know when they try to tell you its the $700 (ballpark, i dont remember) or the 2.9%, that they cant do both... I got them to do both and reduce the $700 to 425. But lets be honest here, they work numbers like crazy, you really have no idea what theyre applying what to. Do you?

I already see someone got a better deal by a few hundred $$$, which is good, hopefully we see even better deals on here! It's a buyers market.

Good luck! BTW, my dealer was Keyes Acura in SoCal. I'd recommend them but say stick to your guns, i think i could have gotten them to fully eat the incentive cash.
  • stones3131stones3131 Member Posts: 21
    Got a question for everyone. I'm just curious about this and how it would work. If I wanted to "downgrade" to a less-expensive car, could I trade in my 09 TSX?

I owe about $20,000 on my 09 TSX (6,000 miles).

Just for argument's sake, say I wanted to get a $20,000 car. Would/could a dealership give me say, $25,000 for my TSX, apply the $20,000 toward my current loan (paying it off essentially) and then apply the remaining $5,000 toward the $20,000 car I wanted to buy?

Hope that made sense.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Short answer: Yes...

Long answer: Expect to get a lot less for your car than you think it's worth...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stones3131stones3131 Member Posts: 21
    Not looking to do anything, was just curious if that how it worked. Thanks!
  • thedac84thedac84 Member Posts: 4
    Dude - If you want to sell your car, which is still very new, do it private party. Trading in a such a brand new car is just stupid.

When i was 18 i bought a car i couldnt afford and wanted to trade down, but i checked out the trade in value with a dealership - threw up :cry: , then put it on craigslist. Two weeks later i sold it with a 4k loss, which is much better than the loss of 9k the dealer wanted me to eat.

Always go private party as a seller on a < 3 year old car.
    Always go private party as a seller on a

any age car - if you have the time you are likely to always get more money selling privately. With the current slump in residuals and resale value, be ready for really low trade in values. 08 TSXs w/ 10K miles are going at auction for 16-17K.

In this economic climate be ready to hang on to your current car for a while.
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    Not that I don't believe it, but point me to one and I will take it in a flash.
  • bobinkbobink Member Posts: 3
    u serious? Where r u?
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    what dealership was that? So how much was the total drive off?
  • tcwiklatcwikla Member Posts: 7
    Offered only 400-500 off an 09 in choice of color (base no NAV). The jokes on McGrath Acura! Told no need for most popular car. : :confuse:
    That's the going rate at Manheim auctions - you can only get that if you are a dealer and trade in value are usually based on that.
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Come out to New England, I have quotes that are just about $1000 below invoice with the current $750 incentive.
  • jerseyjoe3jerseyjoe3 Member Posts: 2
    Northern LA county/Ventura county will do $25,600 +/- including destination....just add license and reg fees and tax......base w/o tech via internet sales groups
    any delaership you can recommend? I am in Las Vegas
  • jerseyjoe3jerseyjoe3 Member Posts: 2
    thousand oaks or calabasas, always better to go with at least 2. valencia was close but not quite there.
    Thousand oaks has an ad on their web site for a 2009 TSX I-VTECH 5-Speed Auto Trans lease. Does this mean the one with technology package?
    i think I found the answer, no i guess that doesn't mean with tech pckg.
    Where does the miles/yr come in? What would be the difference on this if you only needed 12K/yr?
  • iceneticenet Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased an 09 TSX w/Tech (Black on Black), protection package and body side moldings for 28,866. This was from Keys Acura in Van Nuys CA. I think the deal was good but I wound not go back to Keys again. It took us ALL day. They put in these "hidden fees" for $640 and called it some type of "inspection." Rip-off. I would have walked but we were below invoice with options and close to TMV. It was high pressure and not a pleasant experience.

The other thing I didn't like was the financing. We had 5k for a down payment and their first rate was 6.9 for 60 and $559.00 a month. Rip-off. We eventually got this down to 4.9 for 60 and about $500.00 a month. The 2.9 for 60 was gone.

We just turned in an 06 on a lease return.This model in a BIG improvement over the old model. It's quieter and more comfortable. Great car!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Though, a more premium car, other than financially, why would you want to trade out of your TSX? I would love to have a TSX, but I am stuck in a lease too.

Do not expect them to give as much money as you think. Dealers have this funny way of manipulate the deal. I requested quotes on via online on an Accord lease, but I mentioned I had a trade. The dealer was very head strong about getting the pay off amount. I replied back, asking for what the dealer would give me as a trade. They did not want to do it that way. By now, they should know exactly what they would give me. Simply wanting in the best of conditions, their quote for a trade. If I come pulling up in my car, they look out the window and are already evaluating my circumstance, and pretty much have a good idea of what they would give me. BUT, I have found that they do not take you as serious through email, it is mainly quote on quote. If I were to go in today, and told them that I am trading it in, well they would be doing every thing the could to do it. People do it all the time.

They did tell me that I would have to cough up about $7-$9k for the trade. I think it is less than that. That is such a rough number.

They never gave me a quote. They were stuck on my trade. What if I really wanted to trade, well, they just brushed me off.

Bottom line, Its not too smart to mention the trade at the start of quoting.
    Mention later on when you get a good deal you want. I have only had my car for 1yr too, but its GM car, and I really want my TSX, and if you want out of your TSX, let me know, I would take over anytime..lol. Sell privately or have someone take over the lease, I might do that. Leasetrader.com
  • swts8996swts8996 Member Posts: 14
    anyone know what March incentives there will be for the '09 tsx? if any?
  • thedan1thedan1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm seeing new base TSX prices on this board for as low as the mid-to-high 25ks. Has anyone had luck getting near these prices in New England near Boston? Where?

Thanks!
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    To get into the 25K range you would probably have to qualify for the $750 discount from the AHFS Acura Select Advantage program:

"Under the Acura Select Advantage Program, first-time lessees with maturity dates between Feb. 1 and April 30 are automatically approved to buy or lease a new vehicle through Honda Financial Services. The incentive began Feb. 2.

Customers are offered a discount ranging from $750 for an Acura TSX sedan to $1,500 for a TL sedan or RDX crossover."

I bought ours at Acura of Peabody because that is where it will be serviced. I paid $26,400 for mine which was invoice - $750 factory incentive plus about 1% of the dealer holdback. That left them with about $500 in profit. If I took one off the lot and they did not have to get the car from another dealer I probably could have got closer to 26K.

Acura of Boston had a slightly better initial price quote but Brighton is not convenient for me.
  • dryden60dryden60 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a 2009 TSX w/Tech. Anyone had a good experience with a dealer in OR or WA, preferably on the I-5 corridor? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    I am heading over to Acura of Portland on SE Stark tomorrow morning to hopefully purchase one. They called me and said they could meet my price but could just be a ploy to get me in the door (hopefully not though). But the sales associate who I've been in contact with is very nice. If I do purchase it, I will let you know. Acura of Salem plays hard ball and told me that they don't even do invoice! They wanted sticker!!! And based on their inventory at their website it seems like they haven't sold one TSX in over two months (but that's just basing my observation on the # of cars that show up in the search...it's stayed at 19 since middle of January). Acura of Seattle gave me the lowest price of all dealerships last month in OR/WA but still not low enough to meet my price. I did not like the sales associate I spoke to from Acura of Bellevue. Ron Tonkin Acura was ok. Will keep you posted. Good luck!
  • dryden60dryden60 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! Please keep me posted on your progress. My experience with Salem is like yours; they seem to have had the same inventory for some time now so maybe they are waiting out the bad times. The Acura dealer in Eugene (Kendall) is much more approachable, but more in the line of "beating any legitimate offer". I don't know exactly what "legitimate" means. Anyway, I'll be interested in your experience, and I wish you success.
    well, I just filed a complaint with the BBB against Acura of Portland. I went in this morning as scheduled and after an hour left very pissed off. They retracted their offer that they said they could meet my price and after talking with 3 different managers, I left. They are no better than the slimy used car dealerships found on 82nd. You would think a luxury dealership would not play games and would do anything they could to help you..they definitely didn't. I wish you luck out there too...I guess they're not as desperate as all the reports are showing.
  • adamh1adamh1 Member Posts: 15
    I got an offer for $750 below dealer invoice for 09 TSX with Navi from a dealer here in Dallas. Has anyone been able to beat this?

Also, I was wanting to wait until the .9% financing is back. Does anyone know about when this should be back? Seems like they do it every few months.

Also it confuses me that are selling the certified preowned 09 TSX's for almost the same price as the new ones. I guess this is because you get an extra year of warranty.
    I think if you ask about financing, they should be able to do 0.9%. That was offered to me just last week.

I also was recommended to buy certified pre-owned with extra coverage. How odd...and I also found that the leftover 2008s are being quoted for almost the same as a 2009. That's just crazy!

If you're not in a hurry to get the car, I'd keep waiting...possibly closer to when the 2010s come out and dealers have extra inventory...and I can guarantee most bigger dealerships will have extra.

good luck!
  • maineac1maineac1 Member Posts: 1
    Placed my order yesterday for a Basque Red/Parchment auto w/tech. Price is $29,523 with destination and documentation fees. Should be picking it up on Saturday. Prime Acura North is matching Boston Acura's price and saving me about 75 miles driving time. Still 125 miles to the closest dealer as there are none in Maine.
  • 3pedals4me3pedals4me Member Posts: 1
    Upper midwest buyer. Just purchased new base TSX from local dealer. Could have done better if had been able to travel an hour. No regrets with the purchase.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    I didn't see any talk throught this thread about going to COSTCO's auto buying/leasing referral service. I did that with my Infiniti G35X 2007 lease. I saved about $40 a month in the payment. After pricing at the COSTCO referred Dealer ( who was excellent btw, White Plains, NY), I shopped 4 other Infiniti Dealers. All had different prices!!. The COSTCO referred Dealer was best. Try AAA too. Leased a Pontiac in 1998 thru AAA Leasing service, saved $60/month - that was shopped also.
  • buddy27buddy27 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any good buying experiences in the Tampa Bay FL
    area for the 2009 TSX/Tech? If so, what kind of deal did you get?
    Thanks
  • ejoyce423ejoyce423 Member Posts: 42
    We have the $750 Acura Select Advantage Program certificate and 8K rollover miles. We are scheduled to pickup a 2009 TSX base model (Polished Metal Metallic/Ebony) on Monday using an AHFC 36 month lease, 10K miles annually, $319 a month with $700 total due at signing. We have already been approved by AHFC. The dealer has provided us with the VIN and will fax the contract to us on Monday before the 2+ hour drive to NY take delivery. We tried to deal with local NJ and PA dealers but nobody can seem to get within $700 of this deal. So what do you think, is this a good lease deal or too good to be true?
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    What do you think would be for a new Nav TSX. With 2009's out. And 2010 around the corner.

Do you think 26,200 would be a price I should shoot for?
  • jrj620jrj620 Member Posts: 2
    Go to Regal Acura in Lakeland, they seem to be the most reasonable. Talk to Rita Rank and tell her you were referred by the father & son who bought the TL & TSX, good luck
    wow...you're generous! I was quoted $26,00 for a 2009, base model though. But I would only add maybe $1000 for tech. Remember, the 2008s have been sitting on the lots for over a year now, maybe even more. The moment you drive it off the lot, you lose $3,000 due to depreciation. So if you turned right back around and tried to sell it to the dealer, they would maybe take it for $23K, if that...probably even lower than that since they aren't private party. go to kbb.com and check out the used car price and put in a low mileage of like 50miles and check out the prices for private party, trade-in, and dealer retail.

good luck! I plan on asking for $22k for a base 2008 later this week. yes, I am dead serious.
    Thank you.
    very interesting.
    I have my decision to a used lexus IS or new 2008 TSX.
    The dealer I am going to has 55 tsx's. 3 2008. 52 2009.
    and I see the 2010, with the v6, is coming out this summer.

I am going tonight. and if I can get a good price, I will buy the 2008.
    I will have a limited choice. Won't get the white color I want. But if I save some money, I don't really care. And none are red, so that is also good.

His 2008's all have Nav. Which I think this dealer really only has nav's.

I see on the cost of ownership page here in edmunds, the 2008 has depreciated 4,211 in the first year. Once the 2010's come out it will deprecate another 3,287. So I will use that on my negotiations.
    yeah, the 2008s are already listed as Used on Edmunds. But I really just can't fall in love with the new 2009 style so am trying to negotiate for one of the 2 2008s my dealer has, one base, one with nav. I would prefer the base since I'm not in need of the nav, but if I can get a better deal on the nav, I may get that one instead. Please keep me posted if you do get one tonight. I would love to know the final price. And thanks for doing that research about the exact figures on depreciation...definitely should come in handy during negotiations. Good luck!
    I also found this. You might be interested in:
    http://www.realcartips.com/2008-Acura-TSX-Prices
  • alleykittyalleykitty Member Posts: 6
    im in central jersey. I have not yet talked to the dealership so i dont have an offer from them. But what have others been paying for the 2009 TSX basic. I am hoping that i can get one for 28K out the door. (NJ sales tax is 7%) There is no trade, and i wanted to do the purchase this weekend. Is that a good price????
  • casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    It is possible

My car buying service has a quote of 26582 for regular TSX and 29174 for tech package. Both quotes did not include tax and tags. These quotes based out of the Washington, DC area.

You may have some leverage with the announcement of the 2010 TSX V-6 but you never know.

Good luck
    For people interested,
    I just bought my 2008 Acura TSX + Nav for 26,200.
    I was quoted at 27,00. And I asked 25,500.
    My limit was 26,200. And that is what we agreed on.
  • adams472adams472 Member Posts: 1
    Thoughts on 2004 Acura TSX with 85,000 miles? Good body, no major mechanical issues. 6-speed manual. $9,000.

Thoughts on pricing, considerations? Is this a good value? Thanks!
  • andersnlaandersnla Member Posts: 2
    This past weekend, I purchased a 2009 TSX Tech-Auto at Metro Acura in Montclair, CA.(prior to a 1% raise in CA. sales tax). I thoroughly researched eight different So. Cal. locations, and I was very pleased with the honesty and integrity and the $31,650 out-the-door deal that I received from this dealer. I have, also, done all of my maintenance for my 2005 RL at this location, but was surprised that they were the most competitive on a new vehicle, as they are a smaller dealership than most. They do not sell you uneeded repairs and their service dept. has twice told my wife that maintenance wasn't needed at that time. This 'no pressure' small town feeling is unusual and refreshing in this big City. My college-bound daughter loves her new TSX!
    I've seen a few dealers advertise some of these, most have about 5000 miles. What does anyone think would be a good offer? Better yet what would be a steal? Of course they have them listed for higher than what people have paid on here for a new one.
  • npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    I would avoid the 2004 model. There have been issues with the A/C system blowing up and causing damage to the entire system. The cost of the repair is close to $4000. Honda is now looking into the issue but some people are still having to pay for the repair. It only seems localized to the 2004 model so far.
    congratulations! how do you like it? I am still eyeing the 2008. What do you think a good price for one without Nav would be? The one dealership sold one and has one left. Does $22,500 sound reasonable or too low?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The '08 TSX w/o Nav has an MSRP of $28,950 and Invoice of $26,690. Edmunds TMV for a used '08 (with ZERO miles and in 'Outstanding' condition) has a Dealer Retail price of $25,560 and Certified Pre-Owned Retail price of $27,400. I'd consider $25,000 + tax/tag/title a good deal!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT