Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• washkawashka Member Posts: 2
    If you live in Northern Virginia and purchase car in MD you still pay 3% (VA) not 6% sales tax. On top of that Northern Virginia dealers charge 0.017% county tax, which amounts to about $50 for the new TSX. Also, Northern Virginia dealers charge $350 to $500 admin/processing fee vs. $100 in MD.

I also dealt with, Joe J. He's good, but did not buy from him. Went to Gaithersburg and saved about $500 on the new 2010 TSX.
  • 95tarheel95tarheel Member Posts: 11
    1- Thanks! I want to say thank you to all of you who have gone on before me, and posted their experiences and advice. It was extremely helpful to me! I hope this post helps someone, too! Seriously, as a community, ya'll helped me save thousands of dollars....

2- Price I paid: I just bought a 2010 base TSX automatic, 26,700 sale price, 3% NC HUT tax (801), 472 fees, for an OTD cost at 29793. (No true sales tax- NC has a 'highway use tax'). I bought the car from my local dealer, who matched the price from another more distant dealer. No options/accessories (apparently, not all regions/dealers are equipping their cars with standard protection packages- this was a misconception I had from reading earlier posts). Make sure you know what accessories come with the car- these little options can make a difference.

I had to politely refuse a whole bunch of protection packages and warranties and maintenance plans... and yes, the finance guy is still in a back room where you have to face them alone! But he was nice and polite and not pushy.

100% Financing thru Honda at 2.9%; 502/month payment x 60 months. Hopefully it won't take that long to pay off, but heck- that's a better interest rate than my school loans and home mortgage- so maybe it will....

3- Offers: I did end up with three different offers of under 27000 from different dealers. Two other dealers fell out of the competition (28370, and "that would be a negative profit deal that we cannot match" when I asked for offers around/under 27000). I shopped 6 different dealers from 15 to 100 miles away.

I also had sign and drive lease offers of 373 and 419/month for base and navi models, respectively (12k/yr, 36 months, residual % and value of 61%, $18,373.20 and $58%, $19,267.60, respectively. Money factor of .00189 for AHFC super preferred credit tier. After my last experience with leasing,and this experience with buyin, I will probably never lease again.

4- Opinion/Advice: I think the car could be had for a little bit less money than that- but not a whole lot less. I'm guessing maybe 26200 to 26500 is about as low as would be possible, at least around here, at this time. The whole "end of the month" thing seems to be very helpful. Check out Carmax and you'll see that lightly used TSX's cost about the same amount... or MORE!

Edmunds.com and truecar.com were both very helpful. Cars.com and Car and Driver's website were also helpful to me.

I would recommend by starting with extensive internet research, and then go to your local dealer and check out the car, to see if you like it. (DO NOT buy it the first time you visit!) I thought I wanted a used TSX from 2007, but I found out I didn't really fit in the car. Then I thought I wanted a used TL, but I test drove it and it's handling is softer than my 2007 V6 Honda Accord, so yuck. (The TL-Sports models are probably better). So then I decided to test drive a new TSX, and it's NICE! Responsive, tight handling, fun to drive. Awesome electronics features and beautiful interior. Is it perfect? No- less horsepower than my Accord and a definitely a little bit slower in straight line acceleration. The TSX is still pretty quick,though (and how many drag races was I winning in my 244 HP V6 Accord sedan, anyway?), and it will get better mileage. However, premium fuel is recommended for TSX, so that part is a bit of a wash.

If you like the car, then go to Acura.com's website and click through and ask for offers from several different dealers. After they send you "offers" or inquiries, then send them back your specific requests (ie, buy vs lease, navi or w/o navi, V4 or I4), and ask them how close they can get to a specific price (this implies that someone else is quoting you that). Make sure to ask for itemized quotes- find out what (if any) accessories are installed and make sure they aren't sneaking in stupid dealer charges. Keep emails relatively short and to the point. If the dealer/sales person is a bit obtuse (ie- starts asking about monthly payments, etc) then simply ask a single question in a single email.

5- Other costs: My auto insurance went up by 10 dollars a month. I did refuse GAP coverage- it's a rip-off through the dealer at 5-6 hundred, and it seems like you can only get it from whomever you get the loan through (my insurance co. does not offer GAP insurance- my credit union offers it for 135$- but only if you finance the loan thru them). Used Acura's retain their value so well, that there's not a long/huge upside down period, and I don't have too much exposure. (Take a look at Carmax or certified used Acura prices, for example).

well, it's a long post, but hopefully helpful to someone out there!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    2- Price I paid: I just bought a 2010 base TSX automatic, 26,700 sale price, 3% NC HUT tax (801), 472 fees, for an OTD cost at 29793.

Typo?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

whoops, I screwed up the one sentence anyone really cares about, good grief.
    my sincere apologies. I just double checked everything, OTD at 27973...... that should compute more accurately. Pretty good deal, no?
  • tannistannis Member Posts: 9
    That's $23 more than I negotiated. And I considered it a very good deal especially because the dealer is literally 1.1 miles down the road from me.

However, in the end I was sold on the environmental protection package. I'm obsessed with my paint and it will allow me to go without a car cover (which can also be damaging) and it covers the interior too. Figured with Taupe leather, stains would occur easily from normal use and to know they'll replace anything that gets screwed up in the next 5 years makes me pretty happy. I declined everything else because my insurance will take care of it. Which reminds me, everyone should consider checking with their insurance company to see exactly what is covered so you can save a little dough when you see the F&I guy.

And you know what? Even if the "protective coating" doesn't work, they still have to replace anything that gets screwed up so either way it works out.

In the end I financed $700 more but I only see it as spending $425 more because I don't have to buy the car cover for $275.
    Sounds like you got a good deal, too! I think there's a couple of folks who beat us, but not many. Speaking of protecting the paint, I'm wondering if I should have gotten the splash guards- I wonder how well they work. I guess I could go back and get them installed.... Now, if only all this darn snow/ice will melt so I can take it out for some more driving!
  • sfogvipersfogviper Member Posts: 6
    Signed off yesterday on a grigio/taupe 2010 4i base. $27,165 including wheel locks and body side moulding. Dealer transfer from out of state. Total OTD $29,717 (I'm jealous of those who live in states with low sales tax). Financing for 60 at 2.9%.

I started by emailing a handful of dealers in California with grigio models on their lots. Within half an hour I had several responses so I was able to use that in Vegas for negotiation. They came back with an offer for $26,665 for a white/parchment on the lot, but I'm fine with paying a bit extra to be happy with the exact color combination I wanted. And it was absolutely a great experience at Las Vegas Acura!
  • mmm292mmm292 Member Posts: 1
    Okay I lied... it was $30,040 OTD. I also added the body molding and the splash guards, so it was about $30,400 when all said and done, did not trade-in. My building has a garage w/ small spaces so the molding will likely save many dings and such. Backup camera will help with this as well. I should mention, too, that I live in Arlington, so only paid 3% sales tax, even though purchased in MD. Great buying experience, no nonsense and very intelligent and friendly salesman. 2.9% for 60 months. I have student loans that are higher than that, and I will put this debt on the bottom of the list to be repaid.

Did feel a bit lowballed when I tried to trade in... ended up doing my own deal with that car. It's staying in the family. The trade offer was about 50% of blue book, lower than even the rough trade number. There was a substantial mechanical defect emerging, though, with the ABS so that may explain this outcome.

Got it in Grigio gray... loved the blue shade to death but it was only available in auto and I'm not a fan of the slushbox. The gearbox on the manual is very effortless; the car drives very well.

The nav redirected me on the way home based on traffic... how much time will this thing save me driving in DC traffic?

All in all I'm quite happy... my first new car in 8 years. I tend to drive my cars a long time, hope this one lives up to my expectations going forward.
  • salad_82salad_82 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me what would be the ideal price for a 2010 Acura TSX, 6-Speed Manual, Non-Tech Package in and around Chicago area ?
  • gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    My experience may or may not be helpful to you. Last September, my car was nearing the end of its useful life. I wanted a new Acura, either a TSX or TL. I wasn't sure which, and wasn't sure I liked the design of the TL.
    I've driven a manual trans since 1983, and tried to find a 6-speed Acura. A suburban dealer had a new TSX, 6-speed, black. He told me that demand for the 6-speed is strong, few are available, and he didn't think that a buyer should expect much of a discount. At that time, there were no TL's in Chicago with a manual.
    His TSX was quickly sold. It had the tech package.

I bought a different brand of car, but yesterday, I went to autotrader.com and searched for TSX's within 100 miles of downtown Chicago with manual transmission, just for the heck of it, and none came up.

I wish you the best of luck, but I believe that if you're seeking a TSX with a manual trans, without the tech package, and especially if you have a strong preference for a certain color, it won't be an easy task to find the car and get a good deal. Maybe the situation will improve as time goes on and more cars are delivered to dealer lots.

In 1996, the last time I bought a new car, I test drove an Acura CL coupe with a manual, loved it, ordered a black one, but the dealer misled me, told me it was on the way, when it wasn't. At that time, same as last October, I needed a car and had to buy another brand. Despite the fact that Acura owners with manual transmissions love them, Acura just doesn't seem to build many of them.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    Generally speaking, if you want a 6 speed TSX, you have to order it. Dealers prefer to stock cars that appeal to the majority of buyers (i.e. with automatic transmissions). A good way to get a good price is to use one of the online services that negotiate a low price for you.
  • mike651mike651 Member Posts: 24
    I got 26840 plus 810 destination fee in the dc area. Manual is the best. If you love manual and settle for automatic, you will not be happy. I love my manual trans!
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    what the others have said, a non-tech TSX with a manual is hard to find, and I wanted a specific color as well. Had to have it trucked in from Denver (I live near Phoenix) & couldn't deal nearly as hard, but did get what I wanted.

It's a good car, for FWD.

Good luck with your search, Salad.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    And the sucky thing about going for manual is that you only get one interior color to choose from which is black. I myself, love parchment, but I had to settle given that I wanted a manual trans.
  • smithmadsmithmad Member Posts: 19
    I am looking for a new car and thinking about purchasing the TSX. I am in the S. Cali area. Any advise on getting a V6 vs a V4 and what prices people are paying would be great.
  • tl5tl5 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer is not budging at all on this. Car has about 20k miles
    What do you guys think about this... Yay or nay?
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That is a 25K car at best at trade in. Brand new '10 models can be had for about 2K more. I'd say wait - at least till the end of the month when they might be more willing to deal. If you want a deal on a used car you'll have to go the private sale route.
  • oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    I'm getting the following quotes in the SoCal area:

2010 Acura TSX Base MSRP: $30,120 Your Special Internet Price: $26,900
    2010 Acura TSX Tech MSRP: $33,220 Your Special Internet Price: $29,550
    Thanks. This is good information to know.
  • mimi0411mimi0411 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased my Acura in 1 week, and I love it.

2010 Acura TSX Base: 27000K OTD (everything is included)
    Where are you located? That is a great deal.
    Pohanka Acura in VA.
  • looking4tsxlooking4tsx Member Posts: 7
    i contacted the same dealer. who did you work with? Let me know please! they have tsx internet price at 27900 base automatic including destination. I am considering going to them this weekend
    where in north carolina.?
    edited February 2010
    27,900 with destination included (not including tax and tags) seems like a real price. No one gets a base tsx for 27 out the door unless they're doing a trade in or they're forgetting to include tax, tags, and processing fee. By definition, out the door means price plus destination plus tax plus tags plus processing fee. Additionally, watch out because some dealers pose as customers on this blog because they want to get you interested in their dealership. Think about it, if someone were to say, "I just got a 2010 tsx for 25k otd from ABC dealership," it would cause people to call and/ or go to that dealership only to find a bait and switch ordeal. Take a look throught this blog and you'll see. I myself got 27,650 (destination included) plus tax and tags prior to the end of the year. I recomend getting quotes throught the area, pick the lowest one, and then go to that dealer and get them to go down a bit more. That's what I did. Good luck and remember, don't believe everything that you see on the Internet. Cheers!!
    Chapel Hill. Fayetteville was the best to communicate with and promised to beat any price. To a slightly lesser degree, Winston-Salem and Greenesboro were also competitive. Charlotte was not competitive. Cary was not competitive. Remember, this just represents a particular snapshot in time- I'd still check with every dealer you'd be willing to travel to, and give them the option of beating the other offers.
    Hey Mike 651,
    Now you got me worried. Am I talking to a dealer Mr. Mike!
    This site has really helped me in my search. One VA dealer has come in with a strong offer at 27,500 with 2.9%. Monthly payments around 460 with some money down. I did contact in North Carolina and in Maryland. I have checked local and as far as 5 hours away. Your number of 27650 (destination included), what are your monthly payments? I continue to search. Thank you all.
    make sure you don't negotiate using monthly payments- get the sale price/OTD price as low as possible....

"with some money down", you can make the payments as low as you want......

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController

just my two cents....
    Lol!! I swear that I'm not a dealer! Scouts honor! If I were, then I'd be shouting out a dealership name to go to. I just wanted to open your eyes regarding some of the posts that are on the blog. And like the other person said, don't shop based on monthly payment, shop based on the out the door price. Was the 27,500 an out the door price? I bet not, given that the tax, tags, and processing fee are most likely not included in that price. Out the door is the entire amount that you paid after leaving the dealership.
    edited February 2010
    Looking4tsx:

It's up to you to believe it or not. Like other said, 27500 is the good deal already. If you feel it's a great deal, then go for it. I'm just here to share my buying experience and no commission as well as have no intended to tell you to go to certain dealer.
    I don't know if it's ok for me to post the saleman name here or not. Mod: pls let me know.

My advice is shop around on the internet, get them to compete each other. One dealer in Maryland told me the internet price: 26500, but then I ask him whether he can beat the price, he then said he can lower more. Then it means what? The true price that they can sell is even lower. Using the same method, go to other dealer, and negotiate the price. The chance is you will not buy with them on the first trip, but don't panic, they will call you back. It's strategy game!!!
    This pohanka dealer told me that there is no price that they can not beat. And I'm going from there.
    Yes, Out the door means everything is included: Destination, Processing fee, sale tax, license, transfer, tag. And I don't care what these number are, what I do care is how much I have to pay, the final number. And I paid 27K even OTD.

BTW: I don't trade in anything.

Good luck
  • kaliforniakkaliforniak Member Posts: 51
    Hi guys I'm saving up money to buy a new car at the end of the year and I'm wondering if it'll be possible to get a 2010 base w/Tech for 29K OTD. I am really not sure how Acuras are priced because I never thought I can afford one. So based on all the experiences/info gathered here what do you guys think?
    I give up... Time after time I see so many signs of dealers on this site.. It's freedom of speach that gives anyone the right to post anything on a blog as long as it isn't profane. All I am saying is that I've used this blog as well as my quote research from Oct. Through Dec. Of '09 for a car purchase in the DC metro area and I can spot dealers as opposed to real people. I just want to get the message out to people that please use this blog, but please try to be aware of dealers posing as customers. Just trying to help my fellow tsx buying friends. I am not a sales person and I don't promote any dealership. I speak for the buyers interest at heart. Awareness is key. The end.
    It's funny! If one buy the car lower than someone's price, that one is quoted posing as dealer. Wow...I wish I work in dealership too so that I can get some discount for my recent TSX. Geez!!!
    I agree with you (ie, don't give up). There appears to be some type of 'proxy war' on this forum, at least with regards to some northern VA and the Maryland dealerships... but, whatever, people can judge for themselves.

just a FYI for everyone: to get an OTD price of 27k, and assuming a sales tax of 3%, and license/fees of about 425, then that means that the purchase price was 25,800.... give or take a dollar or two... that's a good price for the buyer.... so if there are northern Va dealers (or Maryland dealers) that can do that deal, more power to 'em and their happy customers!
  • tcwattcwat Member Posts: 10
    Anyone buy a TSX V6 Tech around DC? What deal did you get? I'm getting an urge to replace my 2005 TSX but am trying to hold off until after the last snow, which may be July the way it's going here!

Back in 2005 I looked the prices posted here and took the best one into the closest dealer and said "I hate to negotiate for hours. I know you sold one for this price. Either give me this price or I move on to the next dealership." Didn't quite work because they agreed to the deal but I had to pay extra for the like $120 worth of accessories. Good enough for me! I'm hoping to do the same thing this time.

Thanks in advance.
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    When posting your best deal or price that you have gotten from a dealer please don't include your sales tax ,city ,county or what other tax licence fees that you must pay to put your car on the road. Your fees are what they are for your particular state! The dealer can not change these as such they should not be included in your deal you got. Some one in California might pay 9% sales tax while someone in an other state might pay 3% or some are lucky enough not to pay any such as in New Hampshire. I'm in the market for a TSX 4 auto with tech it has gotten very confusing on the deals people have gotten when those fees are added in their bottom figure. So if you have bought a TSX with tech recently could you post your deal with out the other state and local costs which wont apply to people people that live in other States. Thank You.
    I agree that you have to compare sales price separate from the other costs. The TTL costs are important, though, b/c they have to be paid, and it's helpful to know what those are (if nothing else it reminds people of the importance of tax policies and elections).

Most importantly, however, the OTD price is important because it's the best way to make sure that people don't pay for useless add-ons or other hidden costs. Someone might be able to get an artificially low sales price if the dealer knows that they'll buy the 2500 dollars worth of paint and interior protection and free oil changes for life. The other thing to remember is that you could also get an artificially low sales price if the dealer knows they can make a lot of profit on your trade in.... (beware the four-square negotiation!).

Just as an aside, you can approximate the price someone would have paid for the TSX auto I4 with Tech by adding about 2500-2900 dollars to the price someone paid for one without Tech (source- truecar.com evaluations).

I had a hard time deciding, but in the end, I didn't get the tech package- I'm still not sure I made the right choice. Let us know how you like it! Good luck negotiating your price!
    I agree that extras dealers add on like paint protectant, mud guards wheel locks etc should be counted in price people got. Its just when price listed includes state taxes and city fees plates etc. States don't negotiate them. I think dealers add tax and everything to confuse people. To me bottom line is not how much a payment is but whats the price actually paid for a vehicle not including sales tax plate fees etc. I think taxes and plate fees are important but not when figuring out if someone got a got deal or not on a particular vehicle. As far as tech package is concerned I think Acura should add more things to justify the price like they do on the TL. Like chrome door handles up graded leather and push button start etc. I will let you know how I like car. Lowest price I got so far is 29550.00 for a Grigio with tech ebony int with Body side moldings.Price includes all fees other than sales tax, tittle fee and registration.
    I think that's pretty good price, you're probably close to the bottom, keep up the good work!
    edited February 2010
    FINALLY!!!! Someone other than I finally realizes that there's a war between northern va and md dealerships on this blog!!! More specifically, I see signs of pohanka, radley, and rosenthal going at it time and time again on this blog. Thank you for noticing this 95tarheel! I thought I was the only one who noticed, or maybe the only one who cared. This blog does help the buyer because there are some real buyers on this site, but I bet a good 50 percent of messages posted are from dealers pretending to be real buyers. They utilize this blog to bait the consumer.
    Also, I agree with your view of the out the door price. The out the door price should include everything, even tax. I suggest that people mention the otd price along with the state that you purchased the car in. That way we know the tax rate for that purchase.
    PS- I liked how you picked up on the fact that you would have to get a sales price of 25,800 in order to get the final otd price of 27k. Numbers never lie, but some of the people on this blog do! Thank you my friend!
    I think there's definitely something going on with respect to dealers in that region and postings on this forum. I guestimate that only about 5% of the posts are from people with ulterior motives, though. Everyone should be careful, though, with respect to their money and with what they read here. Overall, the good of this forum far outweighs the bad, IMHO.
    ps- this northern Va and Maryland issue goes back a while! (I read almost the entire thread in preparation/research for my recent purchase)
    edited February 2010
    True, the good of this site does indeed outweigh the bad. And yeah, I've gone through much of the thread myself and I also see that their strategic conversations have gone back pretty far. It's amazing!!
    edited February 2010
    If I said I bought a car at Boston, or NY with that price, I bet noone says a/b the war b/w MD and VA. OPEN YOUR EYES and be fair!
    Certain dealer has certain power and whether they are willing to negotiate with the price you want or not. I don't see anything wrong with any dealer in particular. I've shopped a lot before I can buy the car. I don't know if this site has many dealers register as guests and bail you guys to come and waste your time. If so, why don't they just post their saleman's name? If you come and meet other saleman, don't you think that he wastes his efforts? Sigh!!!
    And 95starheel is almost right, I got my TSX around 25800 the sale price. If inventory is more than demand, dealer will try to push their cars out the door, and there is more room for you to bargain the price. And of course, if that particular saleman hasn't sold much car in a month, he will work with you as much as he can.
    If you know a/b negotiation strategy and share your input, then raise your voice. People will appreciate. Don't just criticize others. Remember everyone is diffferent, every situatition is different.
    It's up to you to use your common sense and pay your own price. I don't recommend any dealer. Honestly, all dealers make $$$ out of your pocket, a lot or little, it depends on how many TSX cars they've been selling, and it's up to you to know how to spend it wisely.

I don't know how many of you know, but right now to March, dealer has incentive from manufacture for $500. And don't assume I'm dealer because I know this info., let's check it in Costco site and you will see.

Cheers,
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys,
    So I went in with 27,500 for base 2010 tsx to buy at their 2.9% interest rate. This price only included splash guards, all weather mats and wheel locks. No taxes, processing fee and registration paperwork. My situation was different in a way that asked the dealer to take in my lease car. I had two more payments to make on a car that had an accident last summer (no airbags went off and the trunk was damaged, the car ran the same as before and it looked good) and thus would have been difficult to trade in due to its carfax report. They took the car and agreed to pay my two payments which totaled 850. I was treated with respect and it was very business like. The only thing that bothered me was the sale pitch from the finance manager regarding paint protection and this/that protection etc etc.
    I thank this blog for ideas regarding purchasing a car. I am sure that there may have been a thing or two in which I could have done better with regards to the process. I got my color, style and it won't be a financial burden. The dealer was in NOVA. I drove three and a half hours for this. My acura dealer in town hung up on me upset that I was traveling so far when I explained I was going somewhere else. He really hung up on me (Duncan Acura) Anyway, to each their own I guess. Till next time guys. Thanks again and good luck.
    Congrat's! that's a great deal when you take into account that they took in the leased car with it's two remaining payments- although I'm not sure how much that costs them (probably a straight 850?, or maybe only a % of that? I honestly don't know).

Did the finance manager take you into their back office for their sales pitch? I agree, it's a bit weird and annoying and a tad bit shady. Especially when you think about it- why should the finance guy be any kind of expert on maintainance/warranties/leather protection?

I find it crazy that dealerships do things like hang up on people (in your case) or send borderline rude emails (in my case). The dealerships need us a whole lot more than we need them!

Just a side note- I've never doubted that good deals could be had in the Northern Va or the Maryland area! It's just been difficult to figure out exactly how good those deals could be, and at which dealership they could really be had, based on all the prior posts.
  • tsx_2010_dudetsx_2010_dude Member Posts: 1
    I paid $29457 in Sunnyvale CA (Doesn't inlcude Taxes , Registration and documentation fees) for a Acura TSX 2010 with Tech Package in Vortex Blue.
    I paid in Cash.
    edited February 2010
    I think you are right about "figuring out exactly how good those deals could be, and at which dealership they could really be had, based on all the prior posts" . . . 27500 included destination, all weather mats, wheel locks, splash guards and the nitro for tires. VA Tax is like 3.2% and some other county/car tax. They did my registration, insurance . . . It was a Sunday and the place was packed and it felt like a holiday sale on Black Friday.
    The dealer grounded my lease for the bank to pick up. Paying for my last two payments was huge (I still have to pay a small fee for bank to pick up and inspect the car- normal for end of lease)
    Your right about the finance manager trying to sell me the extra stuff. If its that important, why is not part of an options package prior to purchase too? It was awkward. Everything else was fine. I even received a call from them inviting me to some "new car owner Q & A " reception. My local dealer, the rude one who hung up on me, said I would never receive personal attention from a dealer that far blah blah blah.
    I have gotten 4-5 friendly letters from Volkswagen, Mazda, Volvo etc thanking me for coming in and to let them know x y z. Nothing from my local Acura yet. Maybe I will get an angry email Tarheel95 lol.
  • joey32joey32 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Purchased a new 2010 TSX Base and ended up buying the extended warranty for 2595 which includes 8 yrs/120K miles plus 7 yrs of interior and exterior protection. I was told that this was a special and could only be purchased at the time of buying the car but I could return it if I didn't want it. I just bought it for the peace of mind. Has anyone purchased extended warranty of lesser value (cost, yrs or mileage)? I am thinking now that I should just return this and get a cheaper one online.
    Why did you purchase an extended warranty you bought an Acura not a Dodge. Return warranty and get your $2595 back and save your money you don't need one. Your money would have been better spent on tech package. Good Luck with car you will enjoy it.