Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I was just sent this which seems low to me for the 2011??

"2011 V6 Tech I can sell for 32,992.15 plus tax, tags, $99 processing fee and freight
    2011 4CL Tech I can sell for $27,992 plus tax, tags. $99 processing fee and freight"
  • RecluxReclux Posts: 1
    Was this sent via email? What part of the country are you located in ?
  • you need to ask what the walkout price for these cars are...they always word it like that. even when they say $XX,XXX + tax, tags, $99 fees...i guarantee there's something else in there too. Also, these prices don't include $875 freight. Those prices are about $400 over invoice including the freight then they're asking for another $99 of profit. Acura dealers will sell at invoice regularly....but then again, 2011 is supposed to be the best year for auto manufacturers in a long time so maybe the dealers aren't so willing to sell as low as they went in 2010 bc there will be less holdback incentives.
  • aironairon Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for 2010 TSX tech for $27,601. This cost is plus tax and tags for the registration jurisdiction, destination, and a $100 processing fee. Is this a good deal? or can I negotiate more? I actually asked them for a walkout price.Also this is the Washington DC area
  • mowacamowaca Posts: 8
    edited January 2011
    My local dealership moved a certified 2010 TSX-Auto/Tech with 13k to their 'Pre-Auction' lot & right now its priced at $25,886. They also have a certified 2010 TSX Auto with 9k for $25,699, both in the color combination I like (Vortex Blue exterior/ebony interior). I wondered if someone could tell me the expected auction prices for these cars? I don't care about navigation, I want to buy at around $22k and I don't want to bother negotiating if this isn't reasonable.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Considering some people are getting brand new '10 models for those prices you'd want to get at least 3+K off to make deal worth while. Unfortunately the only way to get a good deal on a newer used car is to cut out the middle man. :shades:
  • njainnjain Posts: 3
    What is good dealer to buy new 2011 base TSX V4 in Bay Area, CA.

I am getting quotes of base price of 27453 with total out of door of 30700 from a local dealer.

On these forums, I read people getting quotes for below 27000.

Thanks
  • $27,400 is about dealer cost according to Truecar.com and a very good price for a 2011. There is a $500 dealer incentive until Feb 28 plus 0.9% financing.
    The 30,700 sounds a little high so need to find out what else dealer is including in that number. The doc fee from my dealer is $259 plus taxes. It may be CA taxes!
    Finally came down to $29870 out of door with the base price of $26860 + Tax + Fees and docs from Acura of Stevens Creek.

Thanks
  • You got a good deal. I also got mats and splash guards for an additional $214 as parts so I'm not paying for installation.
  • This was helpful, thanks for posting. We're currently negotiating with Acura of Stevens Creek and he's quoting us a little bit more. Would you mind telling me if this included the maintainence plan as well? Or did they exclude that in your final package? Thanks again!
    Send me your email and we can talk.
  • Which dealership? And is this for 2010 or 2011?
  • woocwooc Posts: 1
    Hi, all.

I am about to buy 2011 TSX sport wagon (base model). I want to know if this quote is reasonable.

OTD price: $31,500 (tax, 6.25%) with 0.9% financing for 60 months.

It looks like there is not much room for going aggressively. Thanks.
  • wsxcde8wsxcde8 Posts: 1
    The quote I got from Steven Creek Acura was $500 higher but it included 4-year free maintenance. Would someone share the price for I4 Auto Base and Tech in the Bay Area?
  • fjy787fjy787 Posts: 1
    I bought my 2010 TSX 4cyl base in July 2010 from Oakland Acura for $26500 with 2 year 0.9% financing. Tax, Title, and registration with accessory mudguard just under $30K. I thought was a fair deal. No haggling. They contacted me after I submitted request for a price quote online. When they told me the price, I went and drove it out in 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon.
  • photaiphotai Posts: 2
    I just bought my 2011 TSX 4cyl base for $26600 with 5 year 0.9% financing. OTD came to just under 29.3K.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,694
    Did you buy at Pompano Acura? Just curious, as I've found Rick Case to be a bit on the high side.
    The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• photaiphotai Posts: 2
    It was @ Rick Case. I didn't check with any other dealers as from all my research I found this to be a good price @ this time.
  • jch8jch8 Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I just got an offer of 2011 TSX V4 with tech package for $33,500 drive out. Personally thinking, it is kind of high. Is there anyone getting a better offer?
  • gestirgestir Posts: 1
    what dealer was this? I got 33,200. I tried the carwoo service and got a quote for 30,570 plus tax and tag. This seems like the price the dealers are willing to go. I have been working on them for weeks.
  • jch8jch8 Posts: 2
    Thomas Acura, got an counteroffer for 32,500. I am also looking at Lexus IS and may buy it instead.
  • irvinecairvineca Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Price: Less than $27,000 + tax + license = $29,4xx Out of door
    Place: Southern California
    Time: end of month (the last days of Jan)

I’m posting this price to pay back what I took from here. Before I went to the dealer I searched this forum and found someone paid $28000 in North Carolina. It’s the starting point for me to negotiate with the dealers. I requested quotes online at edmunds.com from a few local dealers. I’m grateful for the information I received from this forum and this site. That's why I'm posting here.

There are three dealers willing to sell it to me at this price. I went to the first dealer. I didn't entire negotiation on the phone with dealers.

I received nice service at the dealer too.

I didn’t have pleasant experience at Hyundai and Honda dealers. Acura is different. I guess money played an essential role here. Acura dealer certain gets more from the customer.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,017
    I’m posting this price to pay back what I took from here

If you really want to "pay back" why not post the dealer name so someone else doesn't have to guess which one of the many Acura dealers in S. Cal you got the deal from.
  • wbarmorewbarmore Posts: 10
    I know that the TSX factory was affected by the earthquake and tsunami. I think at least one Honda employee lost his life. I would hate to think dealerships would use this tragedy as a marketing tool, but all I'm getting is "MSRP because of the tsumani." Is this legit do you think?
  • soupcxansoupcxan Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Looking for a 2011 TSX I4 auto base in the DFW area (4 acura dealers), I have one quote so far right at the truecar "great price" threshold of $27,500, then a few other quotes slightly above it. Is this as low as I can get it or should I push harder? Are there any incentives out there for March or upcoming for April?
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,017
    What did you expect? No, it's not legit right at this moment but since the TSX is built in Japan and their plants are shut down for over a month or longer there will be a supply problem soon. I don't the exact number but say the dealers had a supply of 45 days of normal TSX sales. Well, if the plant is closed for 45 days and then you have to ship them across the ocean and then across the country you can see what will happen.

They are just taking advantage of supply and demand which is what they do. As consumers, we would do the same thing if they had a big oversupply. We would lowball our offers because of supply and demand. I know it hurts when it works both ways but that's life. The best answer to them is "Ok, I'll just wait until your supply is back to normal or I'll go to another brand that isn't affected". They may change their story.
  • wbarmorewbarmore Posts: 10
    If I knew what to expect I wouldn't have posted, but thanks anyway for the very condescending lecture on supply and demand. This kind of post is not in the spirit of the Edmunds forums.

If you had been reading news reports from Japan, you would know some are saying Honda was going to have [some] plants up and running on March 24. Some are also saying US dealerships "have nothing to worry about, that there will be no supply problem."

I have no problem with local dealers selling for the best prices they can get if there will be no inventory coming in for several months. Trying to bargain would be pointless. However, my hope was that some on here would have some helpful information about realistic projections on when dealers could expect new supplies. Of course no car dealership would ever think of using anything they can to get the best price. (sarcasm intended)

My bottom line question was would it be any better to wait until April, or go ahead and bite the bullet buying now at the best price I can get. Another question I didn't ask was whether my trade-in TSX '08 should get a better price now.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,772
    In the end, what you pay for the car doesn't matter. You're going to be happy with it. I bought my wife's 2010 TSX Tech on the last day of Cash 4 Clunkers back in August 2009.

Now those of you who follow the TSX know that while it is a fantastic car, for some reason sells for invoice or very close to invoice (maybe $500 above in a small market with no competition).

When I bought our TSX, the 2010s had only been out for 2 weeks, there were no 2009 leftovers (I had to have a TSX TECH w/ Black Interior), & it was the only Acura that qualified for the Cash 4 Clunkers rebate. Only a handful of Acura dealers were even participating in the program.

I've been an edmunds TH poster for a number of years (before 2001). I consider myself both an auto enthusiast & educated consumer. The selling price for our 2010 TSX was just $1000 under MSRP.

I have to tell you that 1 year, 7 months, & 32,000 miles later that I couldn't be happier with the car. In the end that's what matters.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium