Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX 2007

painfreedocpainfreedoc Member Posts: 6
edited August 2014 in Acura
Anyone know when they will be accepting orders for the 2004 Acura Mdx ???

Comments

• bqmdbqmd Member Posts: 16
    The beginning of June you can order the 2004 MDX. Delivery will be September-October.
  • gcarongcaron Member Posts: 2
    Any idea of improvements and/or changes on the 2004???
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    looking forward to owning one.
  • buckaroo067buckaroo067 Member Posts: 22
    The dealer I am working with has told me that the 2004 MDX will have 5 more horsepower than the 2003. He also said that he is 95% sure that it will have side curtain airbags extending to the third row.

Other than those two things I'm not aware of any other changes, although, I'm sure there will be some minor things like maybe new wheels, etc.

I would like to buy a 2003 now, but my wife insists on waiting for the 2004 if they are going to have the side curtains.
  • ld133ld133 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for a the best possible price for Premium or Touring package models in Western PA, West Virginia, or Ohio. I have heard best deal can be $ 1500- 2000. Is it true? Pls help locating the dealer who will negotiate rather than tell you they sell at MSRP price or $ 500 below. Pls share your recent experience 08/10/2003. I can really use your help.

ld133
  • eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    Go to the mdx prices paid and buying experiences section and start with post #484. I live in washington, dc, and I am putting together a deal now with the same person who helped out the Graen family in post #484. If you send me an e-mail, I can tell you all about it.
  • ld133ld133 Member Posts: 4
    Many Western PA MDX dealers seems not to negotiate, I am hearing between 500 to 800 off from the MSRP price. I have heard as much as $1500- 2000 off from Ohio is it true? If so pls send me the name and dealership at ld133@hotmail.com I really can use your kind help.
  • billy82billy82 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to decide to purchase the 2003 MDX or wait for the 2004 MDX. Any information on the upgrades to 2004 MDX and any 2004 pricing information. Thanks in advance.
  • kevinho1kevinho1 Member Posts: 2
    Can i get the same deal on the 2004 MDX as the 2003 MDX? When will the 2004 MDX be in the showroom? How much will it cost for a 2003 or 2004 MDX w/Touring and DVD packages? what's the RES stand for?
  • hopeitsfridayhopeitsfriday Member Posts: 396
    The 2004 MDX will probably come out in early Nov. News of the changes for the 04 will probably start to come out at around mid Sep. I am guessing Acura will announce the price for the 04 MDX before Oct 1. The 03 with some pretty substantial change had a price increase of 2.8%, less than a thousand dollars compare to the 02. Expect somewhere along those price increase with the 04 as well.
  • swsmsswsms Member Posts: 62
    Rear Entertainment System
  • kevinho1kevinho1 Member Posts: 2
    Does it have more horsepower? i heard more likely it'll have a 3.8 and 280 hp, and a few cosmetic change. Anyone verify this info?
  • l943973l943973 Member Posts: 197
    Its going to be the same engine with 5 hp more. (src: C&D)
    Well it looks like the 2004 MDX will be getting new Side Curtain Airbag system in all three rows,
    new projection-type headlights and dual exhaust system, boy I am jealous. Check out the following link:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=139664
  • kayemykayemy Member Posts: 1
    anyone know if they are going to change the body in 04, 05 or 06?
  • sudarsudar Member Posts: 2
    I know dealers are taking orders for 2004 MDX. Does any one of you know, how much below MSRP we can get 2004 MDX?
  • rhhennerhhenne Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered one from Orland Park, IL dealer and got $600.00 off MSRP through the dealers internet site.

I also was told that if I don't like the car when it comes in, I will get a full refund of my deposit.
    I can't wait to see what the new Aspen Pearl White looks like. We're thinking about white this time. We've had black cars for years...it's time for a change! Although, black is beautiful. Hard to keep clean. Did you check out the St. Louis dealers? Just curious....
  • rhhennerhhenne Member Posts: 6
    We selected redrock pearl as the color with the gold emblem kit. We ordered the navigation and dvd package also.
    The dealer has also ordered an Aspen Pearl white with the same accessories as we did so if we like that better, we can change over to it.
    I did not find out about the St. Louis dealers until after I ordered the vehicle. I will look into it though.
  • egriffitegriffit Member Posts: 6
    If you are a executive Costco member or a AAA member, they have special car programs that can save you money on a new car purchase. I am getting $1150 off the 2004 MDX MSRP thru Costco. Not all dealers participate, but I was lucky to have 1 in my area that did. You will need to fill out a form thru the web site and the dealer will contact you. You must go down in person (they will not give discount over the phone) and show your card.
  • skasamskasam Member Posts: 4
    Hi Folks,
       I am planning to order a 2004 Acura MDX with Nav System. I want to know more about the color "Burnished Bronze" for the 2004 year. Does anybody know which other car is closest to it right now in the market?
    Is it something like the
    "Sunlit Copper" for the Nissan Murrano?

Thanks,
    -- Sri
  • doctord13doctord13 Member Posts: 22
    Can you tell me which dealer gave you the deal - as well as the package - I have a dealer in the Midwest willing to match it but wants more specifics....its ok to post dealers in the message! Sounds like a good deal early in the car buying season - the dealer I spoke with through Costco was only going to start at 100 below MSRP

thanks
    Acura.com & acuranews.com have pricing for the 2004 MDX's. You can also view the 2 new colors (Aspen Pearl White & Burnished Bronze Metallic) for 2004 on acura.com.
  • mdxtlmdxtl Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what city you are in? I've not been able to get a dealer to offer anything lower than msrp.I'm in the SF bay area of Calif.
    Thanks mdxtl
  • egriffitegriffit Member Posts: 6
    I went thru the Costco program and they sent me to Oakland Acura. You have to be an Exe. member and go thru the web site. They will send you an autho number that you take to the dealer. The dealer will be contacted by Costco to call you and set up a time. They will not discuss pricing over the phone - you must go in person and show your card and number.

Hope this helps.
  • doctord13doctord13 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the dealer location - I was able to get a call from the Columbus OH Acura dealer with a regular membership as well - which model level did you buy with the 1100 discount from MSRP??
    When will it be delivered?
    thanks
  • mdxtlmdxtl Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks Egriffit,since I live in the bay area also your info could prove very helpful. I'm probably going to buy a Tl for me and a MDX for my wife thought I'd shop for them at the same time to see if it would help with price negotiations. Again, thanks for sharing

MDXTL
  • beenjamminbeenjammin Member Posts: 6
    I will be in the market for an small luxury SUV within the next few months and have been doing a lot of research on various models and their specs. I am particularly interested in two vehicles --- the MDX and the XC 90 (would like something with 3rd row option, so my choices are limit).

From what I seen (and heard) the MDX appears to be the more practical buy (performance, style, reliability, etc.). However, one thing that does concern me is the brakes on the MDX. Both Car and Driver and Consumer Reports have given bad review on the issue of the MDX's braking. In CR the 60mph braking test the Lexus LX330 had a stopping distance of about 135 feet. By comparison the MDX had a stopping distance of 151 Feet! (XC 90 was about 145 Feet). Needless to say, (of those being tested) the MDX had the worst braking for SUVs in the small luxury class.

I was hoping to get some feedback on this issue because the above numbers concern me (esp. from a safety aspect). Is this really a big deal?
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    beenjammin, clearly emergency stopping distance is important to you. In normal driving situations all of the vehicles you mentioned stop well. All have good safety ratings from a crash standpoint.

If a third seating row is important to you the RX330 is not a consideration, nor are other better performing two seat SUVs. Between the XC90 and MDX the stopping difference you mentioned is probably insignificant.

Keep in mind that it is very rare that a vehicle's tested stopping distance alone will make a difference between having an accident and avoiding one.
    Thanks for the feedback fndlyfmrflyr,

Anyone else care to chime in on this subject?

Pretty soon I will start suffering from information overload comparing some of these vehicles --- particularly the MDX vs. XC90.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!
    I agree with fndlyfmrflyr, the braking distance is pretty close between the MDX and the XC90. The difference is less than 4%. In my opinion, the condition of your tires or brake would make a bigger difference in the stopping distance. I drove the MDX, RX300 and the XC90, both the XC90 and the MDX stops like a heavy truck. The RX300 was more car like in stopping power, but you shouldn't really compare the RX300, its much more smaller. The RX300 is more like a small crossover and the Xc90 and the MDX is more like a Mid size. Both the XC90 and the MDX are almost a thousand pounds heavier.
    If your main concern is safety, than the XC90 is probably a little safer than the other two. If you are looking for performance and reliability, then the MDX is your choice. If you are looking for ultra luxury and reliability, then the RX330 is the car for you. If you are looking for a crossover with good emergency handling, then the X5, Toureg or Porsche is cars worth looking at.
    In today's crossover market, we are fortunate to have so many crossover to choice from. My opinion is that the top 5 are pretty much even and each have their own advantage and disadvantage. Test drive them all, and hopefully one will stand out.

Good luck
  • misc535misc535 Member Posts: 17
    For what it is worth, I had to make the same choice. I waited for the 2004 mdx because of the side curtain airbag. While the volvo is probably somewhat safer, I do not believe the difference is significant after looking at all the data. Given the safety issue, the 2004 mdx is the better overall choice when weighing all factors.
    hopeitsfriday & misc535:

Thanks for the additional feedback! I plan to test drive both the XC90 and MDX --- again (for longer periods).
  • kahoutek22kahoutek22 Member Posts: 2
    Just ordered Black 2004 MDX.
    Front and rear trim is satin chrome (new this year).
    Door handles shiny chrome.

Ordering side steps:
    ? shiny chrome vs satin chrome.
    Went with shiny so far since feel will have better appearance from side.
    Time to change if necessary.

Opinions?
    What are others doing?
  • foxcroftfoxcroft Member Posts: 3
    Picking up a Silver with black leather. Decided to put DVD screens in the front headrests (aftermarket). Almost went for the NAV but was not convinced it was worth it. Please advise on the practical value of the following:
    (a) back-up sensor, (b) moonroof visor, (c) rear tailgate deflector

Wish I were getting the new 6 speed manual TL instead... it is a dream (my wife bought a TSX august). I'll have to wait till the kids go to college.
  • drm400drm400 Member Posts: 3
    I'm picking up my black/saddle '04 Touring tomorrow. I chose to go with the satin chrome side steps vs. the bright chrome: 1) because I think it coordinates better with the new front/rear satin chrome trim (as well as the alloy wheels) and 2) it's more subtle than chrome finish. It's also another thing that sets off the 2004, since this is the first time the satin finish side steps have been offered (black and chrome were offered previously).

Just my 2 cents . . . good luck with yours!
  • drm400drm400 Member Posts: 3
    Your call on the back-up sensor - if you have small kids and frequent activity in the driveway, it may be worth it. I don't have either, so I took a pass (as noted above, I'm taking delivery of my black/saddle Touring tomorrow). If you frequently drive at speed with the moonroof open, the moonroof visor will be a good choice to minimize wind buffeting noise. It's cheap and can be added at any time by the dealer. I'm going to wait and see on this one - I rarely drive with the moonroof open, especially at higher speeds. On the rear tailgate deflector, I'd advise you stay away, unless you like it for its looks alone. Despite Acura's claims, an (honest) Acura dealer will tell you it does little or nothing to improve rear vision during inclement weather . . . that's why the wiper/washer is there. Hope that helps!
    Hi Folks,
       No dealer is participating in Costco program for 2004 models and the three dealers in this area are charging full MSRP for the MDX. Any ideas on how I can get it any cheaper like you guys getting upto $1150 below MSRP?

Thanks,
    -- Sri
    Hi Folks,
       No dealer is participating in Costco program for 2004 models and the three dealers in this area are charging full MSRP for the MDX. Any ideas on how I can get it any cheaper like you guys getting upto $1150 below MSRP?

Thanks,
    -- Sri
  • carman36carman36 Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone seen this new 2004 color? What do you think?

Also, has anyone seen below MSRP in NJ/PA?
  • pendrathipendrathi Member Posts: 2
    Here's what I've been offered so far:
      Lindsay Acura (Ohio)- $900 off list of $39,500. ($2000 off list of $38,800 for 2003 model for those interested.) Friendly people-good to talk with.
      Northeast Acura (NY)- $900 off list. Didn't hesitate to match another dealer unlike some other dealerships in NY who gave me the "we only sell at list and can't believe you found dealers who are discounting" line. Great folks to deal with here as well.
      Apple Acura (PA)- $1000 off list.

Let me know if anyone out there has had any better offers so far.
    Hi Folks,

Thanks,
    -- Sri
  • stevenr27stevenr27 Member Posts: 9
    Looking at the 2004 MDX. Have only driven the 2003s. Would like to hear from anyone who owns or has test driven an '04. Have the tweaks to the sounds insulation, windshield, and side mirrors made a noticeable difference? Is the car more quiet? How about the radio - does the extra power and new speakers make a difference.

A few other questions -

I notice that the MDX (and a lot of other vehicles we've looked at) do NOT have any side protection molding. I thought I read that there is an option for a protection package. Does this include the side molding and if so, how does it work and look?

I love technology and am thinking of getting the Navi system. Is it worth it? Or is it something most people use at first and then cease using it once the novelty has worn off?

Anything else to know about or consider? We are looking at the Volvo, Lexus Gx470, Cadillac SRX, Aviator (sorta).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice.

Steve
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    Do your own noise comparison. The chances are the difference in noise level is small. Our 2002 isn't the quietest ride around, but the noise isn't bad enough to be a concern. All day drives are a pleasure. My old Avalon is quieter, but not enough that it makes a difference in comfort or fatigue.

Same with the sound system. Your ears are the ones that count.

The side protection strips can be bought in the same colors as the car. The recommended location would not have prevented any of the door dings my MDX now has. All of the dings on mine, except the one the dealer did, are very high, just under the height of the door handles. The one the dealer did was very low. Personally, I don't care for the look with the side protection strips installed at the recommended height.

We thought of the nav unit as a toy. We thought it would be used only when we took trips to new places. The opposite is true for us. Yes, it is nice on trips, but we find we use it frequently in our local driving. We have found it so useful that we want to install one in our PT GT, that us used only for local driving. Navi makes it very easy to find new to us restaurants, stores when we are out of our local area, and find houses in other housing tracts after dark.

All of the SUVs you mentioned are very nice. I don't know much about the Aviator, but chances are the MDX will be the least expensive and has the most people room. The SRX is probably the most sporty from a driving standpoint and the Lexus the most plush. The Volvo has the most safety features.
  • foxcroftfoxcroft Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice DRM400.
    Picked up my MDX on Wednesday. Got $750 of MSRP on Silver Touring w/Ebony interior.

Bought all season floor mats, cargo tray, cargo area cover, back-up sensor and body side molding.

A big problem with the cargo area cover is that you cannot pull back the third row seats without removing it ...an there is no place in the car to store it while driving with the third row seats.

New body side molding is much better thicker and more useful.

The new brushed nickel look on the outside trim (as opposed to the bright chrome look of previous years) is a definite improvement ...though finger prints tend to show more.

Fuel mileage meter (left of compass) is not useful (I was getting "50" miles per gallon gliding down a hill) and very distracting. It was probably designed to fill empty space.

PLEASE ADVISE:

Dealer is trying to sell me an "Autoguard interior protection system with Banoyl" > alleged to "repel water-based and oil based spills." Exterior protection: "create a protective barrier between your car and the elements; resists ultraviolet rays, oxidation, and pollutants."

Also: "Silent Security" > [1] Up to 8 windows are etched with a traceable security code; [2] The traceable code is activated in your name along with the vehicle ID #; [3] 2 warning labels are applied to the vehicle to alert potential thieves that your vehicle is traceable."
  • misc535misc535 Member Posts: 17
    You are from Charlotte and are dealing with Hedrick Acura! No, not a mind reader, just informed! A friend of mine is in the business and said the paint sealant is worthwhile, but not at the $699 they are probably asking. Call around and see what other dealers,not necessarily Acura, in your area are charging for similar packages. Have them match it. Also, the extended warranty they offer is a 3rd party Hedrick warranty. Best deal for Acura Care warranty is on the web. Do a google search. Don't know anything about security package. However, there can't be that much theft of MDX's in Charlotte to warrant this! You're not living in NY!
    Does anybody have a picture of the new side molding???
  • mro_kingmro_king Member Posts: 4
    Has anybody seen the new white color for 2004 "aspen white pearl" with the saddle interior. Sounds like a nice combo.

What do people think?
    Thanks for the link. The new side moldings are thicker, but not much difference, However, the new rear spoiler is awesome. The picture with the install painted spoiler looks a 100 times better than mine.
This discussion has been closed.