Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX 2007

Comments

• guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    That's why I love the engine in my XC90, 2.5T. 236 ft-lb of torque at 1500 RPM. ;)
  • bakjdbakjd Member Posts: 1
    I bought my O7 MDX on Thursday. The salesperson didn't have a date but said Acura was working on it. When I checked this weekend, Acura was still listing it as an accessory for the 07 MDX, which is misleading and wrong. Without it, you have to use an FM transmitter to get your iPod to work with your MDX, and my experience with that in my metro area is that they don't work on our crowded airwaves.

That said, I've already put 900 miles on my Tech/Ent model (two road trips), and I have to say that with the XM radio, I didn't miss the iPod link and now I don't care about it anymore. It's a very comfortable ride and the stereo is awesome. You will love yours, and I'm sure an aftermarket company will fix the iPod problem if Acura doesn't.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    Torque delivery based on the official chart in new MDX seems to be:
    240 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm
    260 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm
    270-275 lb-ft @ 4000 - 5500 rpm (before tapering off).
  • burtsburts Member Posts: 6
    I have an '07 Sport/Ent. After about 600 miles on it, I am starting to get more aggressive with the throttle. And the comment about the soft throttle tip-in is right on. The drive-by-wire throttle seems to open the throttle in a very mellow way unless you get on it with some aggression. If you do that, it holds first gear and gets the motor up into the powerband. Honestly, it never is really fast, but it is quick enough to get out of its own way.

But the real miracle of this car is the SH-AWD combined with the magnetic shocks. It has none of the nose-heavy feel of most big SUVs, and actually rotates on throttle. That is what makes this thing special. I actually enjoy driving it, and am ok when I have to leave my M3 in the garage...
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "...every first drive I've read commends the new MDX for being faster and more stable on the track than V6-powered X5."

First of all, for Acura's sake, I would hope that it compares favourably against the outgoing X5 3.0! ;) Wonder how it would fare, though, against the new X5 3.0, never mind the V8 version?

Secondly, most personal reviews from Joe Consumer that I've read seem punctuated with remarks about how the MDX seems sluggish, albeit measured with buttmeters.

"That balance is why the old MDX out-sold the X5 and Infiniti FX by a ratio of more than 2 to 1."

I'm not sure if the main reason is the "balance", or rather, the fact that it really was aiming at a totally different market, one which essentially viewed the MDX as an AWD Odyssey?
  • ebbyebby Member Posts: 23
    Acura is marketing the MDX as a an SUV with a sportier edge. The MDX commercials constantly refer to the MDX as turned on the famous German race track to deliver an SUV with Sport credentials superior to the X5 and the Porsche. And it better deliver. My early road test confirmed it handles exceptionally especially in the Sport Trim. Acura tells us they have a performance SUV from Asia that bests the performance of the best from Europe. I like to reiterate the expectation that the MDX be "better compare favourably against the outgoing X5 3.0! Wonder how it would fare, though, against the new X5 3.0, never mind the V8 version"
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    how large is the nav scree? from pics it looks small. doesn't seem to be as big of a nav screen as the TL which obviously is a much smaller car.

my wife is getting an 06 TL with NAv and i'm envious of the nice large NAV screen which is also voice activated unlike my B9 Tribeca among other tech features the Acura has over subaru

was thinking of getting the 07 MDX and test drove one but didn't have nav and dealer ddin't have any with nav yet.

wasn't suuper impressed and while it will have some things the Tribeca doesn't there are a few though less things that i like better about the tribeca.

not being super impressed i'm not in a major rush to get it plus will wait till i can get for invoice which may be awhile

going with wife tonight to pick up her TL so will find out more about the mdx but i think they would have called me by now if they could do invoice and i have anothe dealer that will do the same though they said it took the old mdx 2-3 years to sell at invoice, i'm like oh well, i just wont by it then, in 2 years beter suvs will be out.

plus speakin of tech like nav and the screens,, i saw in a magazine the new Chrysler Sebring has an all in one NAV unit with 20gb hard drive and usb connection so you can put mp3s and i assume movies and pictures as well. I am very interested in something like that i know Pioneer has some amazing all in one touch screen voice activated nav units some of whic i think have some hd space.

i would get an Acura just for the superior voice activated nav which the new ones also have live traffic but if aftermarket units like the Pioneer might be better anyway then....

this would prob be more for a Tribeca thread but i think i already asked if one of the Pioneer head units with larger screen then B9's nav would fit where the nav screen is on the tribeca. of course then you might lose the other menus of the nav system like the mpg, temp etc. which wouldn't be too preferable.
    Making a point against an apple to banana to peeled banana comparison that you did in your post would be a good start to stir things up on this thread.

MY2004 TL/NAV arrived with a price tag of $34.7K. It doesn’t depend on how much you paid at the showroom. MSRP in the following years don’t follow what you paid doesn’t get adjusted to market price in the past either. Along with additions and inflation, the MSRP on that model for MY2007 is $36.1K. Transmission didn’t matter, since both transmissions were priced identically. That addresses the banana to peeled banana comparison.

Now, TL-S isn’t TL. It is another trim, not unlike TL-S from the previous generation. More horsepower, sport tuned chassis and a few additional features for an additional price. Those add-ons increased the MSRP (note: not to be confused with market price) to $38.1K. That’s a $2K premium for sport package, along with additional power. Is it too steep? You decide. Comparing pricing on two different trims, would be the apples to banana comparison.

As far as MDX goes, it is a major model makeover, and not unlike something TL saw with MY2004 redesign. TL saw a jump in price by about 10%. MDX is seeing a jump of about 8%. And with the price came considerable improvements in both vehicles. So, complaining about abrupt increase in price is unwarranted. Again, if you want to, compare apples to apples (or bananas to bananas).
  • socalmarksocalmark Member Posts: 6
    In May, 2006 I purchased a 2006 TSX for my wife. We also had a 2004 4Runner for light boat towing and carrying us, our 3 year old grandson and our stuff back and forth to the river. After getting her the TSX, I used every excuse I could find to drive it. I was so impressed (and continue to be) with the TSX that I began looking at the MDX. When the 2007 version came out I was in deep trouble. Last Saturday I purchased the Tech/Ent package in Dark Cherry. My feeling on both of these vehicles is that they are not the best at any one thing but if you like comfort and technology in a great all around package, they cannot be beat. The RES is already a big hit with the grandson.
    Motor Trend published test results for the 07 MDX among several tested new-for-07 SUVs in their 2007 SUV of the year contest. I am posting here the test results for the MDX and Audi Q7 (V8). I am also extracting from archives the test results for the Infinity FX35 for comparison.

MDX Q7 FX35
    0-60 (s) 7.5 7.5 7.3
    1/4 Mile(s) 15.9 15.6 15.5
    1/4 Mile (mph) 87.6 90.2 91
    Braking (0-60, ft) 129 118 123
    600-ft Slalom, mph 60.3 62.1 62.4
    Roadhoalding(g) 0.82 0.84 0.84

Bottom line: I think the MDX is competitive in performance. The Audi Q7 is the 4.2 V8 version.
  • manmountainmanmountain Member Posts: 44
    Can somebody let me know if the power tailgate both opens and closes by power...and is it activated by a button on the key fob?
  • wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    Yes, but only if you order the Entertainment Package. In which case the tailgate is power and can be operated by the remote.
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    "First of all, for Acura's sake, I would hope that it compares favourably against the outgoing X5 3.0! Wonder how it would fare, though, against the new X5 3.0, never mind the V8 version?

Secondly, most personal reviews from Joe Consumer that I've read seem punctuated with remarks about how the MDX seems sluggish, albeit measured with buttmeters.

I'm not sure if the main reason is the "balance", or rather, the fact that it really was aiming at a totally different market, one which essentially viewed the MDX as an AWD Odyssey?"

My point was that I see quite a bit talk suggesting that if the MDX doesn't beat the BMW, then it's not sporty enough. Posters here make it seem as though 2nd place isn't worth spit.

I agree with your second point. Many test drivers have concluded that the MDX does not leap off the line.

However, I was talking about track performance. Various reports from the comparison at Beaver Run had the MDX taking corners faster than all but the Porsche, and leaving them all behind when the road straightened out. This is, of course, at WOT and being measured with lap times.

That is not the same as the first two seconds of acceleration from a stand still with the pedal only pressed half-way to the floor. Which is how most consumers will test drive.

Being linked with the kind of utility provided by the Odyssey isn't a bad thing. In fact, that's probably why the MDX was so immensely popular.

When I'm talking about balance, I'm talking about being able to haul a decent number of people in comfort. Being able to take that antique dresser home immediately instead of paying to have it shipped. Being able to handle the twisties and bring a grin to the driver's face once in a while. Or providing comfort for long hauls and while sitting in traffic. And not breaking the bank. That's balance.

The old MDX was a bit short on sport, but this new one seems to have addressed that.

You can think of the MDX as being an AWD Odyssey, but the prior X5 and FX are both known as the hatchbacks of the SUV world. Plenty of sport, but almost zero practical utility. I'm reading all this glowing admiration for sporty characteristics, but the sportiest members of the class are the slowest selling. When BMW engineers redesigned the X5, they didn't make it significantly sportier. They made it bigger and gave it more seats. Clearly, they were seeking better "balance".
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Drove my '07 w/sport & ent. home last night from the dealer (70 miles). Easy to creep up to 85mph w/o cruise on. rides very smooth in sport or comfort, can't really tell the difference on the highway. Am I detecting a very faint muffler "hum" @ 75 mph?(infamous w/ dual exhaust MDX, they eventually took a rubber muffler hanger off my '04 to fix the problem)Anyone else, or am I just hearing things?
  • deurodeuro Member Posts: 3
    Does the DVD player play CD-rom discs or DVD-rom discs?

I have a HDD/CD/DVD recorder and I want to be able to play recorded shows in the car for the kids.

THX
  • x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    whats the best price ppl are getting on 07 mdx. one with just tech package if need specific. but in general how much below msrp if any. I'm waiting until i can get for invoice but just wondering if anyone getting close to that now.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I've already put 2,200 miles on my 07 MDX and never noticed any "muffler hum" ~ but I'll be sure to listen for it now!
  • socalmarksocalmark Member Posts: 6
    The DVD player will not play DVD-ROM discs. It says so specifically in the owners manual.
  • chaimtnchaimtn Member Posts: 1
    07 MDX with sports/entertainment is tracking left especially when accelerating and above 60 m/h. Dealer has no clue to cause. Anyone else with same?
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    If it's on smooth highway, with no signifincant tire noise or steering wheel vibration, it probably means you are out of alignment. If there is steering wheel vibration and/or a resonant "thumping" from the tires, the wheels may be out of balance and/or have different tire air pressures.

However, one thing I have noticed in all FWD cars is that they tend to track poorly compared to their RWD counterparts. The explanation I was given by engineering friends is that accelerating with same wheels that do the steering magnifies any tendencies to pull to the right or left on smooth roads, or go back and forth over rough roads. And when you are maintaining cruising speed on the highway at 60 mph, you are effectively "accelerating" against tire and air resistence.

I cannot understand why, in an SUV, Acura insists on using "SH" AWD that is still FWD based/biased. They would have a much better system if it was RWD based and transferred power to the front wheels when needed (e.g. Porsche, Mercedes, BMW).
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    I cannot understand why, in an SUV, Acura insists on using "SH" AWD that is still FWD based/biased. They would have a much better system if it was RWD based and transferred power to the front wheels when needed (e.g. Porsche, Mercedes, BMW).

It's because Honda is so heavily committed to FWD transverse engine platforms. For a RWD-biased AWD vehicle to really make sense, it should be based on a longitudinal drivetrain layout. At which point packaging would also be improved and weight would go down. It wouldn't make sense for Honda to do a RWD-biased AWD system with the current FWD/transverse platforms they have.

Personally, I think it's time for Honda to branch out a little. They are really milking the FWD/transverse layout a bit too much for my tastes. It made sense for an 84 Accord, but not so much for vehicles like the MDX and Ridgeline....

Because during cruising the front end in all but rear heavy cars (mid-engined) has greater load while the rear end tends to “lift” (a reason for addition of spoilers to generate downforce). It allows for greater power on wheels with greater traction, in addition to what I would consider minor gains in fuel economy (lower drivetrain loss).

Now during acceleration, the theory applies in reverse which also happens to be the beauty of SH-AWD system. Although even there, Honda has tuned SH-AWD differently in the three existing applications (RL gets 40-60, MDX gets 50-50 and RDX gets 55-45) likely depending on the dynamics of the chassis for optimum traction.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Member Posts: 43
    Can anyone who testdrove the base and sport models comment on the suspension difference?
  • manmountainmanmountain Member Posts: 44
    Well, tyyeh0, we must be psychic...I was just about to ask the same question.

Here in Canada, we only get two option packages, one (Technology) which includes the nav and rear camera + perforated seats + upgraded stereo system and the other (Elite) which includes the Technology components + the RES + power tailgate + upgraded alloys + auto lev headlights + the active damper system.

In a sense, the choice is made easier and harder. But the bottom line is, in Canada, if you want what I'd call the 'useful' options, you need to order the Elite package.

One of the mainstream car mags (MT,C&D,R&T) recently did a 'first drive' mini-review and panned the active damper system as not contributing anything more to the standard suspension handling.

But like you, I'd rather hear from someone who has taken delivery on one and knows first hand what the impact is.
  • jdoe2jdoe2 Member Posts: 6
    Hey everyone,

wanted to get some opinions on the following:
    Just had discussion with a good friend of mine who insists that the Honda Pilot is the same as the MDX. He's claiming that the Pilot is also a luxury SUV, and that the MDX is nothing but a souped up Pilot. He doesn't believe there is any difference in the refinement, quality, or luxury. I have to say that I am a huge MDX fan and am looking forward to purchsing the 2007 MDX in the near future, and was more than a little annoyed at the comments. I ttok a look at the specs (like there was any doubt) on both cars, and there is no way that the Pilot is even close to the MDX in everything from comfort to technology. However, having not had a chance to test drive either (yet) I would appreciate any comments or opinoins from anyone out there who has actually seen/test driven both cars. :shades:
  • dogwhistledogwhistle Member Posts: 17
    Well, that's just one guys opinion. As someone who is a current owner of an '03 Pilot here's my opinion, FWIW. The Pilot is a great vehicle. It's roomy, has tons of storage, drives pretty good, and has rock solid reliability - mine's never had to go back to the dealer for anything other than a recall in 54K miles! And yes, it is based on the same platform with the same general layout as the MDX, albeit with an extra seat in the 3rd row and a little more cubic footage due to being so boxy. That being said, it is just a bit BOOORING. It does its job well (yawn), gets the kiddies to soccer just fine (yippee) and generally just doesn't cause any problems. There are some annoying ommissions - like the kids leave the reading light on, and guess what, it stays on until the battery dies. Stupid. (Car, not the kid, but that's a whole different thread.) And styling - did they have to make it that plain jane boring looking just to not take away MDX buyers? Ugh. But at the time it was one of the few 7-8 pax SUVs that could actually fit in a garage. We looked at the 03 MDX too, but couldn't justify the extra cost at the time. Now, the 07 MDX is a whole different bag. Still keeping just about the same interior seating layout as the trusty Pilot, you get a package that is SOOOO much more fun to be in. It's comfy, quiet, sporty, full of outstanding technology, but still super useful. And it actually looks cool to boot! It drives so different from the Pilot. The Pilot feels like its about to tip all the way over in even moderate cornering, but the MDX feels great. We orginially planned to keep the Pilot for 6 or more years, but we're tired of it. So the Mrs. and I (not to mention the kids)are pumped for the arrival of our Aspen White Tech/Ent in parchment sometime next week. Yup, its a $11K premium over the Pilot, but maybe we'll actually wash and vacuum this one every once in a while, because now we'll actually care if it's dirty. TOO ME, 11K well spent!

But like I said, that's just one guys opinion - go drive both and I think you'll see what I mean!
    The 07 MDX is on a new platform (which the Pilot will get with the next generation). The previous MDX and Pilot shared the same platform, also shared with the previous Odyssey. The main difference is the features and driving characteristics, with the Pilot going mainstream/family and the MDX going luxury/sport. This difference is much more notable with the new MDX, which is a significant improvement over the older one. It will significantly outhandle and outdrive the Pilot. Which it should, if Acura wants the MDX to be unique and command a price premium.

I guess I don't know what your friend's angle is (does he have a Pilot and feels the need to defend it?) but the two vehicles are quite different in my opinion. It doesn't take much to notice that, especially with the 07 MDX.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Member Posts: 43
    I think your friend is referring to the 1st generation mdx where the pilot and mdx share the same platform as the odyssey as someone pointed out already.

Even if the next generation pilot shares the platform with the 07 mdx, I highly doubt they will include the SHAWD feature on the pilot as well as the luxury features.

The pilot is a well reviewed car. But it is pretty boring. I've tried to get myself into the dealer to test drive it many times....
    There is no comparison between the current Pilot and the 07 MDX. The MDX now sits on a brand-new platfrom, different from the old MDX. When the Pilot gets redisgned, that is the time to do any meaningful comparison. The old MDX and Pilot both shared similar chassis/platform and AWD system but the 07 MDX has migrated to a new platform and a more sophisticated SH-AWD among other improvements. It is expected that some of the nice features on the MDX may be migrated to the next Pilot (probably toned down to give the MDX the premium edge). Until the Pilot is redisgned for the 2008 Model Year, there is no point comparing apples to oranges. BTW I think the Pilot has always been a great SUV.
    I hope Acura/Honda strategy is correct by staying away from RWD and developing a V8 engine. SH-AWD and a 290 hp V6 in the Acura RL seem not to been sufficient to sell the RL in the numbers Acura had projected. Competitors (Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Mercedes, etc) all have RWD based vehicles with V8 engines on their flagships. I wonder how long and how far Honda can push the FWD envelope in the world of upcomimg 300+ hp sedans. With the good driving dynamics of Honda/Acura sedans on a FWD platform, I wonder what Acura would have accomplished if the likes of the RL, TL and Ridgeline are all RWD biased vehicles.
  • jdoe2jdoe2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone for the feedback

It confirms what I had already known. Nice to here from people who have ACUTALY driven or atleast read about both cars, unlike my friend who has done niether.

He other contention was that if you buy a luxury car, all you are paying for is the name and the "upscale" service. Like I said before he flat out stated that he felt the Pilot was a Luxury car, and no different than an MDX. Not sure what his motives were for making such a comment.

In either case I will have to test drive both to suit my own curiosity and research. But my wife and I have NO doubt we wll purchse a 2007 MDX. Thanks all. :shades:
  • jjmanjjman Member Posts: 77
    I test drove both the base MDX and the Sport and I have to say that the base suspension is set perfectly right in the middle between the sport and comfort setting of the Sport adjustable suspension. So for anyone not willing to pay more the base suspension is good enough, especially with Sh-awd to help out in the corners.
    That being said, I much prefer the Sport because the MDX corners much flatter without any body lean in sport mode and if I am having a bad day or on a rough road I can always set it to comfort to spoil myself :shades:
    Based on a road test by someone involving both version (with and without active dampers), the active damper system virtually eliminates roll, dive or pitch on typical roads. The ride quality is slightly better than the standard (non-active damper) version when "comfort" mode is selected.

With "sport" mode really seems to help in the pockmarked/rippled twisties and actually makes the standard version feel springy and underdamped. To summarize the post-drive thoughts, I will use the exact words:

"With the Sport Model, the active damper system maintains the feel for the road, but the level of stability is almost supernatural. Nothing we could throw at it seemed to upset it, whether it was a high speed double railroad crossing, a stream of whoop-de-doos, cratered pavement, NOTHING. Of course, tire adhesion remains a limiting factor, but it was almost as if you could go bombing over anything without worrying about spilling a drop of your mochaccino. It's almost not even fair to compare this system to that of the competitors. I only tried it against the Cayenne and a 4.4L BMW X5. The Cayenne did a decent job of maintaining its composure, at the expense of your internal organs. The BMW X5 was so smooshy that it felt okay at lower speeds, but at any sort of decent clip it quickly progressed towards the terrifying end of the spectrum."

Based on that, I would say that getting active dampers would be worth it if cost isn't an issue.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "...would be worth it if cost isn't an issue."

Hmmm...rotflmao...ah..ok...I know you probably did not intend this statement to be funny...but, isn't "worth" always a function of "cost"? I mean, if cost isn't a consideration, then one would never have to ask if something is "worth it". ;)
  • schnell76schnell76 Member Posts: 6
    I actually did not feel much of a difference between the sport mode and the comfort mode. Not enough to jusify the extra cash. I just went with the tech package and could not be happier! This is the first car in a long time that I feel that I will keep for a few years!
  • kbhaktakbhakta Member Posts: 17
    People need to drive the car a bit more on different roads to really appreciate the suspension. Driving on the interstate from the dealership to my home 120 miles away, I didn't sense much difference. Driving up and down a mountain on a single lane road to a ski area....huge difference. If you're never really ever gong to push the vehicle performance wise...stick with the stock suspension.

Really, the reason to get the suspension is for more performance over the stock suspension....not for better comfort over stock ===>That's why it's called the Sports Package

By the way....I could care less about the MDX's off the line performance....going through the twisties, the MDX, will hang with the X5 if not best it.(My friend was driving one in front of me..but he ended up behind me fairly quick. Did he beat me off the line from my house? Sure. Did he beat me up the mountain? Nope.)
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Just in terms of "looks", the MDX is way better
    looking than the Pilot. And now the 2007 is
    looking even better! You've gotta go with what
    you like and what makes you happy. I have friends that do the same crap to me about my
    car and the cars of other friends. I always
    tell them I could care less, this is the one
    "I" like!!!
  • alexgrimmyalexgrimmy Member Posts: 2
    Well, my long search for a SUV is over. I've looked over the last year and compared a bunch of SUVs. In the end I "settled" for a 2007 Acura MDX. I emphasize "settled" because I'm currently a BMW 3-series owner. The BMW purchase has gotten me used to "paying alot". However, I'm totally blown away by the "value" of this '07 MDX. Let me share my experiences.

PRICE PAID: I got one w/ the Tech package and paid MSRP but managed not to pay the $670 freight through very tough bargaining. I'm in the Pittsburgh area.

Here are my first impressions:

+ Very Quiet. I commute alot on the highway--some parts smooth, some parts not. There is some windnoise, but given a car this size, it is expected. However, it is surprisingly minimal. The roadnoise is also minimal. I think it's the tires. Overall, one quiet vehicle.
    + Very Smooth. Period.
    + Very Agile. I read some reviews complaining that there is only 5 gears. Well, the shifting is smooth and gear ratios are so well balanced I don't even notice.
    + Very Fast. I believe the acceleration numbers are so-so. But boy is this car fast. It was doing 95mph last night and it wanted to go faster. Need to wait for engine to break in just a bit more before pushing it farther. Even at 95mph, the car was poised and glued to the road.
    + Looks like a mad robot. Much more masculine than last iteration.
    + Very impressive ELS sound system
    + Rear view camera a must!
    + Voice commands
    + At first I decided against this because 1) felt there was too much plastic on the dash and 2) doors felt light and hollow. However, once you drive the vehicle you forget about everything else. Plus, you're going to use voice commands anyway to control the dash, no point in pressing stuff anymore. As for the light and hollow feeling door -- well, the car is so quiet and solid that it is not an issue anymore.

- Looks like a mad robot. Some people don't like it. But I do.
    - Some learning curve on all the tech stuff
    - Can't think of any right now ... still in love with it.
    I like that description! And the MDX does look cool to me. Congratulations and enjoy!
    Everything going smoothly so far, no problems (knock on wood). Hey, where's the VTM-4 button? What's the rationale there? Does anyone know exactly what the break-in period is for the'07? Can't go over a certain RPM for how long? The sport pkg. was definitely the right choice for me coming from a TL. If you are going to use the MDX like a minivan, don't waste your money. However, the premium leather is much improved over '04. Not sure how it compares to the '07 base.
  • alexgrimmyalexgrimmy Member Posts: 2
    The manual states that you should not push hard/do a full throttle for the first 600 miles of the vehicle.
  • izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    is there an online version of the manual somewhere? Before leasing the car I'd love to have a look at it :confuse: :shades:
    I assume you're asking about VTM-lock button that was part of the VTM-4 AWD system. It doesn't exist anymore with SH-AWD (with SH-AWD, all wheels are powered at all times anyway, unlike VTM-4 which was proactive upon use of throttle and reactive otherwise).
  • mdxtimesthreemdxtimesthree Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2004 mdx leased to 01/2008, drove the 07 .....huge difference, i would purchase in a newyork minute but to get out of current lease would cost some bucks,does anyone know how to reduce loss for early termination.....if not i'll look forward to the 08.......thanks
    I hope this isn't violation of rules, but you could try something like leasetrader.com.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    any one have expericence with new MDX as the true Light truck tires are now gone and replaced with performance tires so to speak on the 07.
    I hate to say this but I'm anxiously awaiting our 1st snowfall to find out how it handles. A few other observations; whose idea was it to make the inside door handle out of hard plastic? Ouch! my knee! Haven't had a chance to go "full throttle" yet.... not quite 600 miles on it. Otherwise this is a top-notch vehicle, I use to take my exit-ramp @ 65mph in my TL, now I can do it @ 75mph thanks to SH-AWD! It seems I get lots of looks as well, particularly at the front grille. I thought they were looking @ the license plate frame (I go through the automatic car wash and was beginning to think it got ripped off by the brushes)but its intact. I haven't even begun to program all the electronics in this car... I have my seat programmed and my phone hooked up but thats about it. I'll need a solid half a day to figure out the rest.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    Tulsa had its 14 inches of snow. Traction so so. The tires are not designed for it. But it went everywhere needed.

On hard plastic--why are the door pulls themselves cheap plastic. I expected solid chrome myself.

but gone is hard dash and door panels. A nice SUV.
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    Mine pulls to the right at all speeds
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    Here in Chicago we were hit with 15" of snow and I was VERY disapointed with the way the MDX handled in the snow. The tires are definitely for sporty and fast driving more than snow. It just so happens that I had to return my Toyota Highlander right after the storm and it drove MUCH better than the new MDX in snow.
This discussion has been closed.