Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Creaking/starting problem

lisa021lisa021 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Honda
I was having the same problem with the creaking in the left hand side of the dash board. I brought it in to the dealership and they fixed it on the first try. I am still having problems with starting it every once in a while. It hesitates when i turn the key and i have to hold it for a few seconds. Did anyone else get that problem fixed yet? I brought it to the dealership and if they cant fix it im calling the main honda place and talking to them about it..

Comments

• Options
    The dealer cant seem to find a problem and hasnt given me a reason for it..Sign this petition if anyone else has this problem!!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/03Accord/petition.html
  • Options
    mikek37mikek37 Member Posts: 411
    Wish I could help you out with the starting problem, but it seems many owners have been experiencing the same thing.

1) AS far as the friver seat goes, mine does the same thing, it may be inherint in the design.
    2) Door not sure what the problem is
    3) THe center console has been redesigned. Give your dealer a call.

Good luck
  • Options
    I have brought my honda back 3 times already for it not starting up all the time, and the dealer said he ran several tests, and has started the car through out the day and it hasnt happen to them. He said if it doesnt happen for them they wont know what the problem is. He said to just record when it happens, and keep and eye on it and if any recalls come in they will let me know about it. I am very unhappy w/ my new honda. I had creaking problems and bad exhaust smells and they seemed to fix those problems. I told the dealer that i was going to go higher up them then to get my problem fixed and he told me not to. He said they would like me to deal with it w/ them. But they know that if i complained about it to the Honda corporation they would be on there [non-permissible content removed] about fixing the problem and satisfying there costumer.. So I suggest that if no dealer is not helping you out, then to call the number in the back of the honda book, and talk to them about it. If no one complains to them they wont know about the problem!!
  • Options
    treostertreoster Member Posts: 74
    Here is the answer to this problem...bad fuel pressure regulator.

Here is the link to the TSB (Tech Svc Builletin) which you should print and take to the dealer.

This is a known, and frustrating problem on new Accords.

http://152.122.48.12/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/TSBs/2003/SB-100- 01480-3093.pdf
  • Options
    For some reason that TSB looks abit funky, as in fake. Maybe its just me but the past TSB's looked a lot different
  • Options
    lgoldinlgoldin Member Posts: 90
    Please go to http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm and make a search by yourself for 2003 Accord. Second TSB is for starting problem and points directly to the document mentioned before.
  • Options
    conall2conall2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the responses. I went to the dealer and they told me there was nothing wrong as far as the start problem goes. The dealers don't have any TSB from what they told me. I talked to Honda on a # the dealer gave me and they said they may be working on the problem but a TSB won't come out until they have a solution.
    They ordered a new track for my power seat and a new center counsel door to fix the rattle.
    I will check the links above and go back to them with that info.
  • Options
    That is not a TSB from Honda but a complaint from an owner, which was then posted to the site.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. That's what I found out after talking to the Dealer. The dealer told me to call honda and then honda told me to call the dealer. After honda told me to call the dealer I asked for a supervisor as I was obviously getting the run around. A case manager will be assigned to my problem with the starting and will call me in 3-5 days. The dealer won't replace my fuel pressure regulator without the OK from Honda. I will see what the case manager has to say.
    What a hassle. I am regretting passing up the 0% financing on the domestic cars now as the only reason I went with a honda was to avoid problems like this.
  • Options
    cont.. I guess the 240hp and the interior kind of made a difference also to give credit where it is due.
  • Options
    Good luck !!! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    lgoldinlgoldin Member Posts: 90
    I also had (have?) this problem. It was very apparent in winter. Very often car would not start from a first crank at all and required second attempt. Also all starts where very long. Now I have better situation. It takes about 2-3 seconds to starts, which is still annoying. I tried something which am not suppose to do. I kept gas pedal very very lightly pressed. The car started immediately.
    Please keep us posted if replacement of fuel pressure sensor helps.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    I brought my car back for 4th time for the hard start. The first try it stalls out , requiring a 2nd try. I brought the dealer everyones complaint on this website and printed them out and showed him im not the only one havin this problem, He said he couldnt find anythin wrong. So i had to bring it back today because when they were fixin my creakin problem in the dashboard and they scratched it all up. They had to order a new piece. This is my first honda and i've just about had it w/ them. Well today he told me that someone else had the same problem w/ it not starting up, and they said that there aware its a problem now and there calling the factory to see what they should do about it. So hopefully they come up w/ the answer. Because I had it with there BS!
  • Options
    moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Hi everyone,
      I was the one that started the petition mentioned above, the situation right now is that I have about 100 video clips of me starting the car over a 2 month period. About 20 of them show the starting problem. I'm going to contact Honda soon with my evidence of the problem and will try to get it settled, I will post results soon.

Alex
  • Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    hope they get the picture ;)
  • Options
    Besides the starting problem, does anyone have the bad rotten egg smell too that comes thru the vents? I brought it back for that and the guy said to try different gas stations, but that doesnt make a difference, i tried that
  • Options
    still waiting on hearing from honda. I have not had the car back in yet as one of the parts for either my center counsol or the seat track are on back order. They are going to look at the starting problem again at that time. When it goes back in I will post a message.
  • Options
    Moolman, I appreciate your dedication to this issue. Thanks for all your hard work, keep us all posted!
  • Options
    For some reason (#6 of 20 )up above, says that it was posted by me (lisa021)I just realized that now, and i wanted to say that i did not write any of that. I dont know how that happen, or why its under my name? I dont even know what it is.
  • Options
    just in case some lowlife guessed it. there is also a chance that a friend/visitor who was using your computer was able to post as you because you have auto-login enabled. two ways to fix that... train all friends/visitors, or disable auto-login and just enter name and (new) password yourself each visit.

the chances are small, but why not just change it and be done. could also be a computer fumble on the edwards end, but I haven't seen them boast ^h^h^h^h^h apologize about one yet.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It is possible that if you post the URL of another page on Edmunds, and use that URL as a hot link in YOUR post, then the person clicking on that URL might actually start posting, unknowingly, as your identity. Is that what you did? To avoid this, trying eliminating the script between the two @ symbols in the URL as you paste it into your post (just use the delete key between the two @ symbols) and then make the post. That should insure this doesn't happen.

But don't worry, they don't keep your identity. Once they log off, it's done.

If these posts distress you, let me know where they are and I'll delete them for you.

MrShiftright
    Host
  • Options
    mjw24mjw24 Member Posts: 8
    Message #6's title is "Starting Problem by lisa021". It was posted by a user named treoster who was responding to your original post.
  • Options
    nontrivial software, nontrivial issues, I guess.
  • Options
    Thanks guys
  • Options
    Any word from the company on the starting problem? Besides the creakin sound in the dashboard, the bad exhaust smell, and the starting problem, I now have a new one. The weather stripping on my driver side window is coming off. I have to have a new part put in. I so had it w/ this car. I want my money back
This discussion has been closed.